Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Instruments

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Saxaphone
    Drum kits are the obvious instrument missing to have a proper band. However, I play the alto, tenor and baritone sax, my Dad played tenor and our Son plays an alto. I always thought it would be fun if I could create a Sims family of sax players with the same tradition handed down through their generations. <3
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Saxaphone
    I'd like to see some of my sims' musical offspring take up saxophone. Would love to see in general more orchestral instruments, including some brass as well. More specifically, a tuba! 😁
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Drum Kit
    If they actually added such a pack, all instruments should be included. Ohhh it make for some great story lines. <3
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Drum Kit
    Drum would be amazing, but my sim self would like to be able to play the flute better than my real self. :D
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    iHannah17iHannah17 Posts: 5 New Member
    Drum Kit
    I really like the idea of having a drum kit but a harp would also be good. Maybe for weddings or something.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Drum Kit
    I would also like to see Cello and Sax very much! But since I can only choose one option drum is an obvious choice to go with bands. I have a couple of "bands" (done with clubs) in my game and can't help but wonder will they ever truly perform...
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Drum Kit
    Those are all great options, but we need a little rhythm. ;)
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Harp
    I would love more musical instruments, especially a harp. I also want a lute and upright piano.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Drum Kit
    Drums is the obvious choice but I want to see others instruments like harmonica saxophone and flute playable by kids and up
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2021
    Harp
    I voted harp, because it would be so fun to see sims break the strings (which they might do at a lower level of the skill) or strum beautiful melodies. Drum kits in my opinion would be fun to see as well, though.
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Drum Kit
    Where is the all the above vote?
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Drum Kit
    I chose drums cause I want then the most but i also would like then to add the Saxophone and the Bass/Cello.

Drums feels like it's a must because if they add bands a drummer is a position that is almost always in a band. They're almost like the guitar. The Saxophone because of Willow Creek looking like New Orleans and that makes me want the Sax so I can have a Jazz Club. The Bass/Cello because we had it in ts3 so it would be nice for it to return.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Recorder/Flute
    I want stuff we haven't seen before.

But I'm partial to the flute since I've played it for 15-ish years now.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    All of the above and more. :p But what I would most like to see is one of those systems where you can put in musical notes yourself and in doing so, imitate real songs, or just play around. I believe there are a few games that have had things like this. Given the nature of the game, I'm imagining something where you maybe "write" a song by arranging notes beforehand and then you can have your sim play it.

This would be much more creatively interesting to me than hearing my sims play a few more pre-written songs.

That would be interesting but not sure how practical it would be as I imagine there are not that many who play instruments and can read music sheets, let alone write them.
    You make a fair point and in that sense, I think for it to fit in with the design of this game in the best way, it'd almost need to be something where you can save the notes for a song and share them with others. Kind of like people sharing custom sims or lots in the gallery. That way, people who are less musically inclined could go in and grab compositions other people have put together and have their sims play them.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    DivawangDivawang Posts: 9 New Member
    Saxaphone
    I was just saying that I would love to see a band/jazz pack. I love jazz music and would to have a jazz band in game.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Harp
    I would love more musical instruments, especially a harp. I also want a lute and upright piano.

There's an upright piano CC on modthesims, I believe.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Drum Kit
    I miss the drum set
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    All of the above and more. :p But what I would most like to see is one of those systems where you can put in musical notes yourself and in doing so, imitate real songs, or just play around. I believe there are a few games that have had things like this. Given the nature of the game, I'm imagining something where you maybe "write" a song by arranging notes beforehand and then you can have your sim play it.

This would be much more creatively interesting to me than hearing my sims play a few more pre-written songs.

In an ideal world...absolutely!
    The Sims GarageBand (TM?)

They tried to let us mix and match tracks with the mixing table in GF, although it doesn’t actually record what’s being mixed. Unless I’m doing something wrong, sadly that feature feels like a wasted opportunity to me.
    It would be a lot more interesting to be able to create our own little tunes, that’s for sure. How wonderful would that be?
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Double-Bass/Cello
    Double bass. With that, a grand piano, and a microphone, I could make a nice jazz club.
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Oh no, I can't decide! I'd love drums for a rock band, but I love the sound of the cello and flute/clarinet, but the saxophone would be great for jazz bars, but the harp sounds so magical!!

I can't decide .___.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Recorder/Flute
    I kind of like this idea because it works good for younger sims as well.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Drum Kit
    All the above
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Trumpet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VeibYZ3G94
    Personally love Saxaphone but vote trumpet for my belove video game character
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy