Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Instruments

LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
A common request is a musical pack - one that allows you to create a band. Keeping in mind we have a Piano and Keyboard, a Violin, a String Guitar and Electric Guitar, an Organ, our Sims can use a Microphone and Kareoke Machine...

Any kind of Bass Guitar, Ukelele, keyboard, etc would just be the same animation. And some instruments would be so similar in animation that you could have both animations but you'd certainly need radically different sounds from your audio team. I've noticed we have no wind instruments at all.

So, what very different instruments would you really like to see the most?
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

The New Instruments 168 votes

Drum Kit
70%
ehaught58crocobauraauroraael14verlainemGalacticGalErja888aelias24sims2freak737MartinvrudolphaCamkatdanacnbretttanakakiTheSpotted_CIsb917SimburianasimbsimelanorbretonCynnaAnmirla 118 votes
Harp
7%
haneulYautjagirlChampandGirlieannaliese39adele_katQueenMercyZiafarAuroraskiesTomasGrizzlyAngeliqueAdelaideTwinkiesLAAninaBeanaRySBI 13 votes
Double-Bass/Cello
2%
FinvolaSindocatMDianaSimscarpe_diemDragonmasterleo 5 votes
Recorder/Flute
5%
PlayerSinger2010DoloresGreyStrawberryYogurtRememberJoySimmerGeorgetelemwillLT24ElisetomsmilepandaBookBear 10 votes
Saxaphone
8%
IcewolfBariSaxyKarababy52EnkiSchmidtPamtastic72ZhonRouensimsnetney52SimmingalWhatCobblersCangwen[Deleted User]AaleynDivawang 14 votes
Trumpet
2%
overonEmmpAncaryvanRedShoe7Jojen 5 votes
Clarinet
1%
ZorgaOldeseadoggeAtreya33 3 votes

Comments

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Harp
    Practically speaking, a drum kit would be great and probably best, but I'd really love to see a harp. I love string instruments and we've never had anything like a harp in the game before.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I couldn't care less about bands or instruments to be honest.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Drum Kit
    A drum kit, but trumpet and saxophone are cool too.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    Drum Kit
    I kind of want a flute too, but miss drums!
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Drum Kit
    Drums
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Drum Kit
    I played the flute in high school band but still voted for drums. How else will I have my hard rock band. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Recorder/Flute
    I miss drums too but I get the feeling we also never get any wind instruments
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited January 2021
    Drum Kit
    I would prefer all instrument and the ultimate instrument of fear, the bagpipe.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Harp
    A harder decision than I thought, but I think a harp would fit an occult save. Breath-powered instruments could also work - a trumpet and a flute could probably share the same base for their animations while having distinct sounds (and thus possibly a separate skill).
    Drums would be nice, but I doubt they'd work well without any larger band interaction.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    Recorder/Flute
    I know it's not gonna happen, but imagine if we got a theremin? <3
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Harp
    I would love to get a harp, but other options are good too.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    Clarinet
    Clarinet or harp would be nice.

To be honest musical instruments are very low on my list of things I want in the game.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    Drum Kit
    I would like drums, trumpets and cymbals. An accordion would be nice too.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Drum Kit
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, I wish I'd thought of accordians...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Drum Kit
    well I would really like to be able to form a band, especially a rockband and for that we need drums!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about bands or instruments to be honest.

Lol, I wouldn't go that far but bands are definitely at the bottom of my wish list.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2021
    Recorder/Flute
    Wind instruments arent respected enough. Also imagine pairing it with the piano and violin! Or possibly bass (Sims 2) We always see rock band kinds of instruments. But what about classical?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Drum Kit
    Drum kit would help with bands but i'd also like to see the flute and harp.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    I want classical singing.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Saxaphone
    I really need drums, saxophones, and cellos!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Drum Kit
    Most band-types have a drummer. Frankly, to be without a drum set is just odd. I also miss the Bass. And can we please have a upright piano? Most homes can't house a full grand piano and not even a Baby Grand, sometimes. An upright would be most useful. I have often wondered why we never got any wind instruments. My younger sister played the flute (or tried to). One of my sons preferred the Recorder. And, what about a mouth harp?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Harp
    Elisetom wrote: »
    I know it's not gonna happen, but imagine if we got a theremin? <3

*inner Sheldon Cooper intensifies*
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    To me, a Band/ musical ensembles pack means as much as #freethebabies means to others. In fact, I have no interest in babies, but I do very much need bands in my wonderful game...😇.

Therefore I cannot vote for one instrument.
    Could we have these please:

Drum kits and other percussion (taiko drums please)
    Electric/ Bass guitars. And a banjo.
    Yes a harp
    Upright
    Choirs.
    Bag/uillean pipes.
    Ondes martenot
    String quartets.
    And more...
    And more.
    🎵🎶
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Drum Kit
    Drums seem the obvious choice for a rock band but that doesn't mean some classical music wouldn't go amiss on stage.

I suppose part of the hard part is that you need to get a group to provide music of varying quality as the band 'learns' to play together.