Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lag after installing (new) mods. Help requested.

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
edited January 2021 in General Mods Discussion
I updated Meaningful Stories and my Sim Realist pack today. I also installed, for the first time, srslysims cooking overhaul and wonderful whims.

I followed the instructions for removing the packs I don’t have from cooking overhaul. It appears to be installed fine. I also got the notification and additions from wonderful whims.

My problem is that my game is lagging seriously. The loading screen has the letters for “sims4” floating in j e r k s across the screen to assemble. There are bikes running down the streets in Oasis Springs with no riders. Changing clothes and then doing other actions before the outfit updates. Leaving a conversation physically before the sound catches up. Things like that.
Sometimes the game was running just fine. Then these funny laggy, jumps.

Any help troubleshooting would be appreciated. Please and thank you.

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Is it the same if you remove all the mods? Maybe try take one mod out at a time to try narrow down which would could be causing the issue.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Mods slowing down your game is a thing, especially when they are big ones like the ones you mentioned. If your PC is not that good, you should probably limit yourself to the mods that are necessary to enjoy the game. You can also try to clear your cache files and empty your backup-save files, your screenshot folder and your Tray folder and see if that helps.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Thanks @Sharonia and @83bienchen. Actually, once the update came (which meant playing with updates to mods too) AND my game had a chance to settle the new mods (I think it was doing things like generating attractiveness preferences) things went back to normal. The game is playing pretty good right now (and I <3 the new mods so far) so I am happy.