Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien having a baby with a human

If an alien has a baby with a human what are the percentage chances for a full alien, half-alien (odd colored skin), alien ears and eyes, or plain human?
Offering free hugs for your time of need.
8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif

Comments

• Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    All the time for me I’ve had half aliens when an alien gets with a human. Never had any full aliens with humans. You can have full aliens with an alien abduction only I think. Never had any pointy eared half aliens either I don’t think.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited January 2021
    There's been a topic about this. It was worked out to be at least 50/50 chance.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    @SamDenny For unnatural skin?
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I tend to get human babies with green/blue/purple skin.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 2021
    there should be a 0% chance for a full blooded alien unless you get abducted, or breed two aliens. I was pretty sure there was 100% chance of a half alien aka some powers but no disguise. 1/2 alien is a specific thing in this game that you can be and is unique to aliens (no half vampire, 1/2 mermaid, really your only true hybrid) when a 1/2 alien has a baby with a human they no longer have any alien abilities but there is a 50/50 chance they will get the alien skin. Since those "special" skin tones can't be mixed with the other parents, and recessive genes don't seem to be thing, there is a 50/50 chance they will pass the skin town down to the next generation but they will no longer be aliens with alien powers. I have done a couple of legacy families where the patriarch is a scientist who has a alien baby and these were my findings. Currently doing when where matriarch is full alien and all her kids were 1/2 aliens. I really do wish there was recessive traits though because I would love to see one of her great grandkids pop up with blue skin even though their parents do not have blue skin. If the matriarch's grandchildren, 2 were human colored and 1 was blue and of the great grandchildren, currently the blue child has one human colored child and one blue child and the human colored children have human colored children.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I currently have a teenager who, like his father and paternal grandparents, is a full blood alien with a disguise and full alien powers. His mother is a Spellcaster and he has inherited the ancient bloodline trait from her. So I would have to say that the chance is not 0% ;)
  • Options
    Cool. I'm doing a similar thing with an alien matriarch and just wanted to know :)
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I currently have a teenager who, like his father and paternal grandparents, is a full blood alien with a disguise and full alien powers. His mother is a Spellcaster and he has inherited the ancient bloodline trait from her. So I would have to say that the chance is not 0% ;)

That's with an alien and a spellcaster though. The baby has to be one or the other with two occults because hybrids aren't a thing in this game without cheats, mods, or a glitch that can sometimes happen. With a human and an alien you can't get a full blooded alien unless its through abduction. They usually all come out half alien or human with alien colored skin as stated above by @Dannakyri1.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    edited January 2021

That's with an alien and a spellcaster though. The baby has to be one or the other with two occults because hybrids aren't a thing in this game without cheats, mods, or a glitch that can sometimes happen. With a human and an alien you can't get a full blooded alien unless its through abduction. They usually all come out half alien or human with alien colored skin as stated above by @Dannakyri1.

His siblings include a spellcaster and a human alien hybrid. I should mention that his mother is herself part alien genetically, her parents are a spellcaster and Pollinator #3. He has a lot of siblings as its my all alien take over save. I believe I also have a full alien from an alien human couple but I'd have to dig through all my saves to find that one and with no way to remember which save it is, not happening.
  • Options
    LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    4 babies, 3 human with green skin and the fourth was a bit of a surprise... Vampire with green skin. Mom's father was Caleb Vatore but she was born human so I wasn't expecting vampire offspring for her.
    Her sister was born vampire and has had several vampire babies and I'd started curing them all but this little green one...well, I may have to keep him around.
  • Options

Interesting. That is not supposed to happen. I mean I am not a geneticist, but 1/2 alien and a human should never equal a 100% alien since neither were 100% alien themselves. I am thinking it's a glitch related to the spellcaster dad making it a hybrid sort of thing which also aren't supposed to exists and tend to break all the rules related to occults along the way. Is the hybrid sim glitchy? Because now I want to start an alien/spellcaster legacy family and see if I can get latent recessive alien DNA.

That I find more the most frustrating is that EA doesn't have any official guides or anything that affirmatively answers anything so we are all left guessing. For all me know there is a complex recessive genetic framework. And when they do tell us stuff, like Hybrids are impossible, we interbreed occults and end up with horrifying glitching monsters when the kids age up into teens.
  • Options
    LauraR wrote: »
    4 babies, 3 human with green skin and the fourth was a bit of a surprise... Vampire with green skin. Mom's father was Caleb Vatore but she was born human so I wasn't expecting vampire offspring for her.
    Her sister was born vampire and has had several vampire babies and I'd started curing them all but this little green one...well, I may have to keep him around.

That's awesome. I am starting to think that maybe the added recessive genetics and didn't tell us, or maybe whatever update they did to genetics because all the mix race babies were coming out white somehow added a recessive occult trait secretly. Unless you have the lot trait of On a Dark Lay Line which will create vampire babies even if the parents are not vampires.
  • Options
    I dought that there's anything as complicated as recessive occult traits when we still have randomized hair if the parent is salt & pepper. Probably a glitch.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »

Interesting. That is not supposed to happen. I mean I am not a geneticist, but 1/2 alien and a human should never equal a 100% alien since neither were 100% alien themselves. I am thinking it's a glitch related to the spellcaster dad making it a hybrid sort of thing which also aren't supposed to exists and tend to break all the rules related to occults along the way. Is the hybrid sim glitchy? Because now I want to start an alien/spellcaster legacy family and see if I can get latent recessive alien DNA.

That I find more the most frustrating is that EA doesn't have any official guides or anything that affirmatively answers anything so we are all left guessing. For all me know there is a complex recessive genetic framework. And when they do tell us stuff, like Hybrids are impossible, we interbreed occults and end up with horrifying glitching monsters when the kids age up into teens.

I'm not sure which hybrid you mean. His mom? She was born from a spell caster being abducted and has no alien powers. I had always thought abduction babies were always aliens, this was back before they tried to fix hybrid births so it's possible I got lucky and got a none glitchy spell caster instead. She has no alien powers. The only way you know her alien heritage is her blue skin. I supposed technically that makes my teen a 3/4 alien but the game isn't that in depth, so it assigned him full blown alien. I was surprised when he was full alien. His siblings are all hybrids or spellcasters I think.

I can well believe that he is not supposed to happen but he did and he's not glitchy in any way so far as I've seen.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    LauraR wrote: »

That's awesome. I am starting to think that maybe the added recessive genetics and didn't tell us, or maybe whatever update they did to genetics because all the mix race babies were coming out white somehow added a recessive occult trait secretly. Unless you have the lot trait of On a Dark Lay Line which will create vampire babies even if the parents are not vampires.

I will have to check the ley line possibility. Two of his 3 sisters were born while mom was still in college and they were in Britechester. Once she graduated they did move to one of the empty lots in Forgotten Hollow. Full alien dad, Johan Seymour, is quite fascinated by their neighbors, including that strange father in law...lol

And for anyone curious I play without mods and cc. Completely clean.
  • Options
    No ley line.
  • Options
    I had triplets, all human with purple skin and randomized hair, because the mom has pink hair and the game doesn't know what to do. :expressionless: I gave them the dad's color. (which the game should do for you.)
  • Options
    Two completely identical girls and a boy, which I had to google and now know is possible.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yeah, only the Males that are abducted by Aliens get Alien babies. :'(