Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Paranormal Stuff Pack' complaining thread!

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Release date is kinda off and random, October was 3 months ago. It would of been more fitting for Halloween content but it's not a huge ordeal. As I stated before, I'm disappointed its yet again another stuff pack and not full pack. I also dislike that they've chopped up supernatural into different packs like they've done with the others for this game. I also hope a séance isn't required to bring bonehilda back every time (unless they already said that in the stream? I haven't watch it yet) other than that the pack seems alright. I don't necessarily hate it. But as always when stuff packs appear, I'm worried people with play with it a few times then get bored/move on quickly to wanting another pack.

Yes she can only be brought in via the séance table
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited January 2021
    So after all that mystery surrounding her, Temperance finally appeared on my lot.

raqWBff.png
    And she's just this ugly hippie with a mullet. I was hoping for a stern lady in Victorian garb or something.

Worst still, on my first freelance mission (Easy level, not on Heroic mode), she showed up and kept scaring my sim. He didn't have the Brave trait, so he kept becoming irrationally angry and wouldn't do anything. Bonehilda was supposed to help, and so was the Bizarre Idol. Temperance didn't care about the latter, while the former just went into the washroom to check herself out in the mirror. And then simulation lag happened and my sim froze for a good hour, which made me fail the job by a few seconds.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    So after all that mystery surrounding her, Temperance finally appeared on my lot.

And she's just this ugly hippie with a mullet. I was hoping for a stern lady in Victorian garb or something.

Worst still, on my first freelance mission (Easy level, not on Heroic mode), she showed up and kept scaring my sim. He didn't have the Brave trait, so he kept becoming irrationally angry and wouldn't do anything. Bonehilda was supposed to help, and so was the Bizarre Idol. Temperance didn't care about the latter, while the former just went into the washroom to check herself out in the mirror. And then simulation lag happened and my sim froze for a good hour, which made me fail the job by a few seconds.

I had a similar experience, Bonehilda didn’t do much of anything for my Sim. I had her show up because Temperance was breaking everything, and all she did was look in the mirror, and make a slice pizza that she just left on the floor. Temperance is rather disappointing as well, I found her laughing and chatting with one of my Sims (they had not been introduced and it was her first night there too).
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited February 2021
    One more flaw, but it's probably my last gripe with the pack because it's very good.

I love living in a haunted house, but the specters ruin it. They're too cutesy. I love the creepy aesthetic, the flickering lights, the noises, all that junk. But all sense of atmosphere is ruined when I see these little ghosts floating around.

[profanity edited]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    One more flaw, but it's probably my last gripe with the pack because it's very good.

I love living in a haunted house, but the specters ruin it. They're too cutesy. I love the creepy aesthetic, the flickering lights, the noises, all that junk. But all sense of atmosphere is ruined when I see these little ghosts floating around.

Once s4s updates the modder zero is going to look into replacing them with something scary 😈😈😈
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AceWitchyBoiAceWitchyBoi Posts: 8 New Member
    how do you use/get the seance circle? I tried clicking on myself and the ground and there is no option for it. I am level 5 Medium skill
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021

Once s4s updates the modder zero is going to look into replacing them with something scary 😈😈😈

Really? Would love that!! That or just get rid of them alltogether 🤣
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I have one complaint about the scared emotion, or maybe about how emotions work in general.

How on earth can 'nicely decorated' override scared?!!

I mean..."I'm scared out of my wits but hey this room looks nice so I'm happy."

It completely ruins the immersion for me.
    giphy.gif
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I have one complaint about the scared emotion, or maybe about how emotions work in general.

Yes I'm having trouble with scared just not being strong enough. The first sim I put into a haunted house constantly had it over ridden by energized, even though she doesn't have the active trait and the house doesn't have Sunny Aspect. And the silly friendly specters over ride it with 'playful' :/
    edited January 2021
    telmarina wrote: »

I love living in a haunted house, but the specters ruin it. They're too cutesy. I love the creepy aesthetic, the flickering lights, the noises, all that junk. But all sense of atmosphere is ruined when I see these little spurm ghosts floating around.

Her current mod gets rid of them all together. Free on paetron. Once the update comes she will replace them for people who still want them just scarier.

https://www.patreon.com/zer0_Mods_/posts

😂😂😂😂😂😂 this...
  • kelleynicolekelleynicole Posts: 40 Member
    Eek. I feel really dumb for this post, but my complaint at the moment is that I had to cancel placing Maxis' paranormal lot, and now I can't find it anywhere. I haven't even started playing! I just want to place the lot!
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    All Bonehilda does for my sim at least is do a flirty dance, stand by the séance table, drink water (which doesn't go through her), and randomize snacks.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

I love living in a haunted house, but the specters ruin it. They're too cutesy. I love the creepy aesthetic, the flickering lights, the noises, all that junk. But all sense of atmosphere is ruined when I see these little spurm ghosts floating around.

Her current mod gets rid of them all together. Free on paetron. Once the update comes she will replace them for people who still want them just scarier.

https://www.patreon.com/zer0_Mods_/posts

Thank you :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Cinebar SimGuruConnor has two developer blogs at the top of the page. He discusses gameplay objects, new skill and career. I would guess the seance table is the main gameplay object.

@simgirl1010 , Thank you. That is very interesting. That table would be a great added gameplay object for my characters. If and when I return to TS4, when they are done with it, and I can patch it up the way I want it with no more patches from Maxis. :D This would be a stuff pack I would probably get just for those Sims. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hate (dislike deeply) the throw on the couch. Where is a color wheel or CASt. Furniture is too cheery for a haunted place. I get they wanted to give it a Louisiana vibe like with voodoo, ghostbusting, terra card readings, crystal ball and some colors we see in that part of the country in old houses for tourists, but no one has mentioned what is in the stuff pack (didn't watch any trailers) of the main object's function? Is it the crystal ball? or the voodoo doll (again) and or what? Each stuff pack has one object that is the main gameplay of the stuff pack. I'm griping because no one has even mentioned that on any thread. Or is this stuff pack supposed to be a smaller GP? I don't get the direction of this at all. Like in the Cool Kitchen pack the object is the ice cream bucket, what is the object in this pack? But if I was still playing TS4 this would have been ok for my Dark Shadows house but no way I would rebuild that to change lot type rather than lot trait. boo. Too much work for that.

The seance table
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've been disappointed at how there seems to be no way of changing a haunted house from "happy ghosts and reduced hauntings" to actual hauntings. Mine defaulted straight to this and I just cannot change it. I've tried giving the ghosts all kinds of disgusting gifts like spoiled milk that they should hate to anger them but they just love all of the gifts I give them. There's no negative interaction with the ghosts at all so there's absolutely no way of changing things around. I want a haunted house and chaos not happy little ghosts and nothing else :neutral:
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I've been disappointed at how there seems to be no way of changing a haunted house from "happy ghosts and reduced hauntings" to actual hauntings. Mine defaulted straight to this and I just cannot change it. I've tried giving the ghosts all kinds of disgusting gifts like spoiled milk that they should hate to anger them but they just love all of the gifts I give them. There's no negative interaction with the ghosts at all so there's absolutely no way of changing things around. I want a haunted house and chaos not happy little ghosts and nothing else :neutral:

Ghastly ritual and commune with the dead on the seance table helps to increase activity from what I'm finding. Don't interact with the specters and don't remove any objects that appear if you can avoid it. Don't do the 'perform ceremony' as that will lower activity. And maybe turn on Heroic mode.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hate (dislike deeply) the throw on the couch. Where is a color wheel or CASt. Furniture is too cheery for a haunted place. I get they wanted to give it a Louisiana vibe like with voodoo, ghostbusting, terra card readings, crystal ball and some colors we see in that part of the country in old houses for tourists, but no one has mentioned what is in the stuff pack (didn't watch any trailers) of the main object's function? Is it the crystal ball? or the voodoo doll (again) and or what? Each stuff pack has one object that is the main gameplay of the stuff pack. I'm griping because no one has even mentioned that on any thread. Or is this stuff pack supposed to be a smaller GP? I don't get the direction of this at all. Like in the Cool Kitchen pack the object is the ice cream bucket, what is the object in this pack? But if I was still playing TS4 this would have been ok for my Dark Shadows house but no way I would rebuild that to change lot type rather than lot trait. boo. Too much work for that.

You can change the lot type with one click? You don't have to rebuild the entire thing. As for the other question the "main object" is the haunted house lot trait system, medium skill and ghost hunting active career, the gameplay with this pack is a whole system of hauntings rather than just one singular item.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Onverser

The ghosts that have come to my sims lot have all been friendly as well apart from temperance who appears to swing from nice to nasty in an instant. The spectres are the most angry and there appears to be no way of appeasing them much at all and they cause a lot of damage and chaos now I have just turned on hero mode for the first time.

I went searching to see if there was anything that could turn a ghost angry as I had no idea either and on the following link there is a cheat to make a ghost angry :) There is a lot of other info as well that I am saving that I had no idea about-) Maybe try a cheat and see if it changes anything?

Turn A Sim Into A Ghost Via Anger – traits.equip_trait anger

https://gamezo.co.uk/sims-4-ghost-cheats-heres-how-to-play-as-ghosts/

Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2021
    lexibee wrote: »
    how come we have 3 supernatural/not much for realism packs and not even something close to generations that should support a life simulation game.
    Sometimes I feel this game is more about mermaids, magic, vampires instead of a life simulations game about family and guiding sims with an interesting life of plenty choices with different outcomes.

Oh no! 3 supernatural packs out of 34 packs released in total for TS4! Where is the realism!?! I'm not trying to rip on you specifically I'm just really tired of seeing this take because I don't get how people can say that we're lacking in realistic gameplay? And get upset about the supernatural scraps they throw at us occult players? Supernatural gameplay has been a part of the sims since TS1 it's Not just a basic life simulator. Also Parenthood in my opinion IS the sims 4 version of Generations. Watered down to a too narrow focus just like every other pack in TS4 🙄 So they can split it up and sell it to us 5 separate ways. Would I like to see a generations pack? Absolutely! Do I think we'll get one a la TS3? No. MAYBE we'll get the pieces of it littered throughout multiple packs, which we've kind of seen with the toddler/kids room stuff packs and the One elder specific animation from nifty knitting, but even then I'm skeptical... TS4 seems to be dedicated to giving us the least amount of gameplay possible, especially for any sims other than young adults. Don't get upset at the scraps for occult players, get upset about the fact that the entirety of TS4 is just lacking good generational gameplay because the devs are obsessed with creating a young adult party simulator. AGAIN I'm NOT trying to rip on you! I just think your ire is directed to the wrong place. Us occult players want cool stuff too 😔🥺

But onto the real topic. As someone who has played since the sims 1 days and is both a realistic and occult player, I was really excited for this pack at first. And I guess I still am? But I'm very disappointed about Bonehilda not having her coffin/not being a part of the family (she's had her coffin since the sims 1!!). No graveyards? No scared to death hello What??? That one gets me the most. Don't think I'm gonna buy on day one anymore. Looking forward to the livestream to see what a disappointment this pack will Really be... Will I still pick it up? Yeah, but I think I'll go back to waiting for a sale like usual unfortunately...

I Miss TS2 days where every pack brought excitement 🥺 now I go into every pack announcement expecting disappointment 😔 ....

parenthood and generations are two completely different packs, sure they had parenting in both, however generations also had,

daycare
    boarding school
    graduation
    pranks
    kid costume s
    imaginary friend
    tree houses
    party's
    midlife crises
    prom

so its about the whole family, hence generations, from baby to elder
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    I think The Sims Team need to introduce special AI for unique npc to Temperance and Bonehilda like they did in previous game, so they dont act like any regular sims.

it made them less special, especially seeing bonehilda being busy washing herself in a bathtub.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Bonehilda needs a personal lifestate trait, just like Guidry has.
  • 100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    i would like a mini séance table, like if we move the crystal bar onto a table we laid out to be an altar, for myself not something to hold four people. i dont play a lot of sims and unless i plan to make a coven the large four seated only variety of it is not that favored even more so since i dont build huge houses with tons of rooms