Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Paranormal Stuff Pack' complaining thread!

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    This complaining thread is AMAZING!!
    It looks like they finally created a pack with minimal gripes.

My complaint is that they could have done a heck of a lot more with this pack, and fleshed it out beyond a mere stuff pack. It could have been an awesome game pack. It could have had it's own little haunted world. It could have had a cemetery... or a pet sematary.
    It could have had a psychic career.

But for what it is, it does look pretty good.

Exactly what I've been thinking 😅😅😅 lol

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    My only complaint is how cute the spectres are. Even the red one flying around blowing fire. I just kept thinking awwww so cutteeee look at the little fireee😍
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    Can't make Bonehilda a roommate. :'(
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,084 Member
    edited January 2021
    I just want to say that I would have liked it if the Devs had done a version of Ghostbusters One-Piece Overalls in CAS. Just for a laugh, you know? It's not like The Sims is always a serious game. Just throw it on to go to your Gig.

Or maybe the white dress of that creepy little girl in Poltergeist. With swatches, obviously. Kids need more stuff.

But they didn't. And that makes me sad.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I am also hating that we cannot make community lots haunted , I have a graveyard half full of dead sims gravestones and would have loved for them to be able to come out and scare people , But no we get those silly little things that look like miniture Casper's ( The friendly ghost ) , Why do i get the feeling that they will do yet another pack to make community lots haunted , And the career eek . go into a house tell them to go away , mop up or kick something , Is that seriously all the career is about , thats if you can get the sim to actually do what it's told as it keep jumping out of the queue and rad had to keep reclicking it , that to me me doesnt seem like its been tested very well .
    Finally the cas and build items , that hairstyle on top of the head is horrendous and I am not into the hippie vibe of the clothes and furniture.
    At least after watching that i know to keep my money in my bank account and not buy it until at least until its 75% off in a sale in a few weeks

I would love a haunted community lot/ haunted rental lot however as I see the seance circle is not tied to any fixed place I am desperately hoping I can take that into a community lot and scare some sims at least :)
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    I just want to say that I would have liked it if the Devs had done a version of Ghostbusters One-Piece Overalls in CAS. Just for a laugh, you know? It's not like The Sims is always a serious game. Just throw it on to go to your Gig.

Or maybe the white dress of that creepy little girl in Poltergeist. With swatches, obviously. Kids need more stuff.

But they didn't. And that makes me sad.

If you have strangerville you could use the hazmat suit
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much cute. Can we please get something actually scary??

Graveyards...HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT??

Honestly, some people may be enjoying this but I am tired of the build\buy being better than the gameplay. Maybe it will surprise me but for now it is a wait for a sale.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    omg.... you mop up the slime creature?? did I miss something else there?
  • Options
    YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    Catching up on the livestream and I'm really not a fan of the new Buy Mode swatches. Once again the team have chosen bright colours and strange combinations that will make it difficult to match with items from other packs. And most of the tables/desks/cabinets were lacking in any brown swatches at all which seems like a huge oversight.

I agree! I always end up downloading a bunch of recolours because I hate the ones EA adds. I am personally a fan of dark woods and neutrals.
  • Options
    YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    My complaint is that they could have added so much more to this pack. Graveyards (will they ever come?), psychic career, scared to death, haunted community lots, etc. This is why I wish stuff packs didn't exist, they add so little! They release dozens and dozens of shallow DLC whereas other games don't release nearly as many but yet have way more gameplay. This is a complaint I have with every sims 4 DLC honestly... I've played many other games that add WAY more to their expansions and for less money.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm very disappointed at how colorful the furniture is yet again, everything is bright colors and there doesn't seem to be any neutrals. Not a single brown or wood tone on the desk, coffee table, console table, side table, dining table, etc etc.
    EsXFiASXYAQp5QY?format=jpg&name=large

Like please just give us normal colors that we can actually use, nobody wants a bright yellow desk for the 500th time. These items are yet again totally useless in 90% of homes because of how colorful they are. At least give us some neutral and wood swatches as well so we have the choice.

Same with the couches, there's a couple nice swatches but most are unusable and again - where is the matching love seat???? I don't understand why they don't put them in as its physically the easiest thing you can do from a design perspective, just crop the third seat from the mesh and you have a loveseat. It's ridiculously easy to do I really don't get it.
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed at how colorful the furniture is yet again, everything is bright colors and there doesn't seem to be any neutrals. Not a single brown or wood tone on the desk, coffee table, console table, side table, dining table, etc etc.

Like please just give us normal colors that we can actually use, nobody wants a bright yellow desk for the 500th time. These items are yet again totally useless in 90% of homes because of how colorful they are. At least give us some neutral and wood swatches as well so we have the choice.

Same with the couches, there's a couple nice swatches but most are unusable and again - where is the matching love seat???? I don't understand why they don't put them in as its physically the easiest thing you can do from a design perspective, just crop the third seat from the mesh and you have a loveseat. It's ridiculously easy to do I really don't get it.

Although I agree I think it's the overall style they have chosen for ts4. So I'm guessing they want to keep that barbie dream house style going?
    The items are absolutely lovely but I agree it's not something I use in my everyday home. It's hard for me to play a house without cc now. The nice wood tones and stone with actual texture and neutral colors to them are lovely. 🤤🤤
  • Options
    robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Omg yes!! The Sim gurus make me sooo mad with this!! We would get so much more use out of simple, neutral colors! Agree 100%!
  • Options
    Also just saw on Plumbella’s review that Bonehilda is just a skeleton skin on a normal sim like so many other mystical creatures 🙄
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    NGL I am excited for this pack, it's about time we got some supernatural content. I'm hoping it's the start of Many Occult/Supernatural themed packs this year. :D

Ok, complaints, I'm disappointed there's no graveyard lot or lot trait so we could have at the very least created our own graveyards. I think the spectres/ghosts are a little too "cutesy" but fine, they fit with the overall theme of TS4 so I'm not too bothered.

I really wish this had been a GP, but I'm so starved for Occult/Supernatural gameplay I'll take what I can get at this point.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Also just saw on Plumbella’s review that Bonehilda is just a skeleton skin on a normal sim like so many other mystical creatures 🙄

There's nothing wrong with her being a reskin, if the asset is there, it's a hell of a lot easier to program and reskin than to create a whole new one. Granted TS4 overuses this a hell of a lot with the packs and what not, but if they're forced to work on a set budget and can't go full ham as they could with TS3 or older titles, then it just makes it easier for the team in general.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options

There's nothing wrong with her being a reskin, if the asset is there, it's a hell of a lot easier to program and reskin than to create a whole new one. Granted TS4 overuses this a hell of a lot with the packs and what not, but if they're forced to work on a set budget and can't go full ham as they could with TS3 or older titles, then it just makes it easier for the team in general.

I disagree and that's okay. I think using a skin over a regular sim breaks the immersion.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,573 Member
    I would say my one and only complaint about the pack is no toggles to turn off paranormal activities ghost in the pack and (base game*), and the fact that this pack should of been realise in October 2021 and they should of focus even if i am not much into romance in the sims4 on valentines day pack since it will soon be February.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I would say my one and only complaint about the pack is no toggles to turn off paranormal activities ghost in the pack and (base game*), .

There is a toggle? Paranormal stuff will only happen if your sims house is set as a haunted house, if you don't set it as a haunted house nothing out of the ordinary will happen.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,535 Member
    I would say my one and only complaint about the pack is no toggles to turn off paranormal activities ghost in the pack and (base game*), and the fact that this pack should of been realise in October 2021 and they should of focus even if i am not much into romance in the sims4 on valentines day pack since it will soon be February.

They could do a Free Valentines Update in February. I honestly hope they will.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hate (dislike deeply) the throw on the couch. Where is a color wheel or CASt. Furniture is too cheery for a haunted place. I get they wanted to give it a Louisiana vibe like with voodoo, ghostbusting, terra card readings, crystal ball and some colors we see in that part of the country in old houses for tourists, but no one has mentioned what is in the stuff pack (didn't watch any trailers) of the main object's function? Is it the crystal ball? or the voodoo doll (again) and or what? Each stuff pack has one object that is the main gameplay of the stuff pack. I'm griping because no one has even mentioned that on any thread. Or is this stuff pack supposed to be a smaller GP? I don't get the direction of this at all. Like in the Cool Kitchen pack the object is the ice cream bucket, what is the object in this pack? But if I was still playing TS4 this would have been ok for my Dark Shadows house but no way I would rebuild that to change lot type rather than lot trait. boo. Too much work for that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Cinebar SimGuruConnor has two developer blogs at the top of the page. He discusses gameplay objects, new skill and career. I would guess the seance table is the main gameplay object.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited January 2021
    My only gripe with this pack is that it would have been amazing to get a proton pack when you become a paranormal investigator, giving the sim an upgraded way to deal with the stuff you need to clean up, like a super vacuum. They could have created a new mesh and just had similar vacuum animation but with new sound. Such a missed opportunity.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    What theme are they trying to achieve here with that build/buy?

Is it meant to be creepy Victorian gothic, or cheesey 1980's 'horror' ?

Can we just get some basic swatches (white/black/light brown/dark brown) that are applied to EVERY item, old and new, so we can use ANY item from ANY pack knowing they will at least match colour wise

This has been a complaint with every pack, yet still nothing changes
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

It's ok until she gets in the bath and is a normal sim.. Sloppy.