Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Paranormal Stuff Pack' complaining thread!

Sorry guys! I'm a little late this time, but nevertheless the official complaining thread is back again :)

For the sake of the purpose of this thread, let's keep political comments out of here.
I think most know the purpose of this thread, but I will go ahead and copy the original text again:

WHAT IS THIS THREAD FOR?
An actual place for us simmers to only and freely be negative, complain, worry or whatever you want to call it about this new upcoming pack and be freed from other simmers who then 'complain' about the complainers. Got it?
So everything goes here. It does not matter whether we have all the information or not, that we just only saw a trailer or that we are just a bunch of 'whiners' as others like to call us. You are free to say whatever you want here. Get rid of what's on your chest and share your dark thoughts with other simmers. We DO NOT attack each others opinion no matter what it is or no matter how 'ridicule' or unconfirmed it may be. Let your frustrations on the loose.

maxresdefault.jpg

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm excited for the pack but my biggest disappointments are that the grim reaper career isn't part of the pack and that haunted house is a lot type rather than a lot trait. Would've been nice to make rental haunted houses for my sim to visit for a few days but alas :/
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I’m excited for this pack too, but I wanted sims to be possibly scared to death, as well as for cemeteries to be introduced.

My biggest complaint is that the spectres are too cutesy. I would have liked them to be more on the spooky side, in a similar way to Cowplants and possessed sims.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,535 Member
    The only complaint I have about this pack is there is no haunted house rental lot type.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    You can't buy those black candles oh well
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    Maybe the BB.ShowLiveEnableObjects will work.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I’m excited for this pack too, but I wanted sims to be possibly scared to death, as well as for cemeteries to be introduced.

My biggest complaint is that the spectres are too cutesy. I would have liked them to be more on the spooky side, in a similar way to Cowplants and possessed sims.
    The red specter looks a bit scary. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    The red specter looks a bit scary. lol

Well as far as sims goes
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    I am not happy with the choice of this pack for the same reason as always.. it just doesn't seem the right time for this. I know there are a lot of people wanting these kind of themes, but how come we have 3 supernatural/not much for realism packs and not even something close to generations that should support a life simulation game. To be honest, i'm a little tired of this theme and they should have just bring a good strong supernatural base with the first pack just like they did in previous Sims games. The fact that they left so many players unsatisfied with half baked themed packs causes this mess where no one feels they get what they wished for.
    Sometimes I feel this game is more about mermaids, magic, vampires instead of a life simulations game about family and guiding sims with an interesting life of plenty choices with different outcomes.

This pack could be interesting though, but it's just not what I feel is most needed right now.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I have been waiting for this complaining thread !

To me for a stuff pack is looks very good ! I hope this is the future direction of stuff packs.

Now the complaint : I want generations !!! 😂😂
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    +Well my biggest complaint is I have wait to play it. EA is mean that way.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    No graveyard lot, AGAIN!
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    More of the patch complaint than with this sp, but where is bonehilda's coffin at?
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm actually excited about this pack. I still really want better babies but I'm assuming that would be a patch update and generations which hopefully will be an expansion. I'm not really into supernaturals in the sims. I just don't usually play them but putting that aside this pack looks great. I can't wait to see how the scared emotion works and I love the haunted theme and the Séance table. The only thing I'm slightly disappointed in is the fact that we still don't have graveyards. I'm still holding out hope that they come in a generation's expansion.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,538 Member
    While I'm really excited for this pack and it seems especially full for a Stuff Pack, I still think this should have been a Game Pack. (Just like Realm of Magic should have been an EP.) People have been asking for updated Ghosts so that we can create them in CAS, people have been asking for graveyards and funerals, and people really wanted that Grim Reaper career. They could have taken the popular requests from both community votes (Dangerous Stuff and Happy Haunts) and made one large, cohesive, in-depth pack that covered it all.

And while I'm extremely excited for the new Scared emotion most of all, I do think it's a bummer that there is no related special death for fright. I also really wanted us to have a Phobias system as well, so we could choose what our Sims are especially afraid of. So I guess I will continue to rally for those things now.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    lexibee wrote: »
    how come we have 3 supernatural/not much for realism packs and not even something close to generations that should support a life simulation game.
    Sometimes I feel this game is more about mermaids, magic, vampires instead of a life simulations game about family and guiding sims with an interesting life of plenty choices with different outcomes.

Oh no! 3 supernatural packs out of 34 packs released in total for TS4! Where is the realism!?! I'm not trying to rip on you specifically I'm just really tired of seeing this take because I don't get how people can say that we're lacking in realistic gameplay? And get upset about the supernatural scraps they throw at us occult players? Supernatural gameplay has been a part of the sims since TS1 it's Not just a basic life simulator. Also Parenthood in my opinion IS the sims 4 version of Generations. Watered down to a too narrow focus just like every other pack in TS4 🙄 So they can split it up and sell it to us 5 separate ways. Would I like to see a generations pack? Absolutely! Do I think we'll get one a la TS3? No. MAYBE we'll get the pieces of it littered throughout multiple packs, which we've kind of seen with the toddler/kids room stuff packs and the One elder specific animation from nifty knitting, but even then I'm skeptical... TS4 seems to be dedicated to giving us the least amount of gameplay possible, especially for any sims other than young adults. Don't get upset at the scraps for occult players, get upset about the fact that the entirety of TS4 is just lacking good generational gameplay because the devs are obsessed with creating a young adult party simulator. AGAIN I'm NOT trying to rip on you! I just think your ire is directed to the wrong place. Us occult players want cool stuff too 😔🥺

But onto the real topic. As someone who has played since the sims 1 days and is both a realistic and occult player, I was really excited for this pack at first. And I guess I still am? But I'm very disappointed about Bonehilda not having her coffin/not being a part of the family (she's had her coffin since the sims 1!!). No graveyards? No scared to death hello What??? That one gets me the most. Don't think I'm gonna buy on day one anymore. Looking forward to the livestream to see what a disappointment this pack will Really be... Will I still pick it up? Yeah, but I think I'll go back to waiting for a sale like usual unfortunately...

I Miss TS2 days where every pack brought excitement 🥺 now I go into every pack announcement expecting disappointment 😔 ....

If you read my comment right, you see it has nothing to do with players wanting to play with occult and supernatural themes, but more on how EA decides to divide this into 3 unnecessary packs instead of just giving players enough in one pack as it was before. THIS decision cuts right into the ability of TS4 becoming the life simulation it is supposed to be cause again.. the game is far from that promoted idea after oh so many years. The fact that we still don't have a generation pack, but seeing occult packs taking place more than one or two times is very frustrating and it doesn't seem right for what The Sims is supposed to represent. The choices are off, listening to the community is off and each side is suffering from that, that is the REAL issue here.

Also, questioning and criticizing my view especially if you haven't fully understood the point being made and saying my view and opinion is wrong, is still not something that fits into this thread ;)
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    honestly it's indeed annoying that ea is splitting up content which used to be one single pack into 5. but then again i see all the picky players complaining about specific features and i'm like, no wonder ea keeps doing it, if they can split content to cater to very peculiar players and they will still buy. i too miss when eps were just one big pack, but a very complete one to the point of being so good you didn't feel the need of going the next day after purchasing one to ask for the next one.

the sims has never been a 100% realistic life simulator. and occult packs don't come every year, they have a pattern; 2015,2017,2019. if ea has not been able to fulfill other player's wants in the meantime then it's not occult players fault. this shouldn't be a debate of occult vs realistic and people should stop complaining when they don't get a pack they like. the whole game is lacking but people prefers to act egotistical as if they're the only kind of players being left out.

the real damage to ts4 is already done. the engine is reused from an online project, the code is limited, the AI is very primitive. the game has too many recycled & recolored content, the gameplay possibilities are way more limited than previous iterations. ts4 is a game that got better on some aspects, but there are other ways where not only it didn't improve, but it got worse than past sims games.

with the lame marketing ea is making, people begins to think the sims is meant to be realistic, but ea's intentions are far from what this franchise is meant to be. since the year 2000 there have been presence of fantasy elements on the game. it's what makes the sims the game it is, with its own identity. and it never needed to talk about how inclusive they are, that's something that players should be taken for granted, something players could notice by themselves and not because ea keeps pointing at it to hide their flawed products. real inclusivity in a company like ea would be to recognize all the players they have and make content that would fit each one of them. i'm not talking about mega specific content but rather stop focusing so much on young adult female lame party simulator. but for this they would need to spend money and that's not even an option for them lmao. young adult female lame party simulator is not the sims, is the idea of the sims ea wants to sell cuz it benefits their pockets.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    My complaint is that i'd love for the haunted lot to not be restricted for residential only. I mean we can have the haunted library, the haunted park, the haunted everything else.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My complaint is that i'd love for the haunted lot to not be restricted for residential only. I mean we can have the haunted library, the haunted park, the haunted everything else.

It was probably budget limitations. This needed to be a gamepack but I understand why it's not.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    This is one of the few packs where the positive thought thread is way more popular than the comparing thread :)
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited January 2021
    how come we have 3 supernatural/not much for realism packs and not even something close to generations that should support a life simulation game.

Oh no! 3 supernatural packs out of 34 packs released in total for TS4! Where is the realism!?! I'm not trying to rip on you specifically I'm just really tired of seeing this take because I don't get how people can say that we're lacking in realistic gameplay? And get upset about the supernatural scraps they throw at us occult players? Supernatural gameplay has been a part of the sims since TS1 it's Not just a basic life simulator. Also Parenthood in my opinion IS the sims 4 version of Generations. Watered down to a too narrow focus just like every other pack in TS4 🙄 So they can split it up and sell it to us 5 separate ways. Would I like to see a generations pack? Absolutely! Do I think we'll get one a la TS3? No. MAYBE we'll get the pieces of it littered throughout multiple packs, which we've kind of seen with the toddler/kids room stuff packs and the One elder specific animation from nifty knitting, but even then I'm skeptical... TS4 seems to be dedicated to giving us the least amount of gameplay possible, especially for any sims other than young adults. Don't get upset at the scraps for occult players, get upset about the fact that the entirety of TS4 is just lacking good generational gameplay because the devs are obsessed with creating a young adult party simulator. AGAIN I'm NOT trying to rip on you! I just think your ire is directed to the wrong place. Us occult players want cool stuff too 😔🥺

But onto the real topic. As someone who has played since the sims 1 days and is both a realistic and occult player, I was really excited for this pack at first. And I guess I still am? But I'm very disappointed about Bonehilda not having her coffin/not being a part of the family (she's had her coffin since the sims 1!!). No graveyards? No scared to death hello What??? That one gets me the most. Don't think I'm gonna buy on day one anymore. Looking forward to the livestream to see what a disappointment this pack will Really be... Will I still pick it up? Yeah, but I think I'll go back to waiting for a sale like usual unfortunately...

I Miss TS2 days where every pack brought excitement 🥺 now I go into every pack announcement expecting disappointment 😔 ....

If you read my comment right, you see it has nothing to do with players wanting to play with occult and supernatural themes, but more on how EA decides to divide this into 3 unnecessary packs instead of just giving players enough in one pack as it was before. THIS decision cuts right into the ability of TS4 becoming the life simulation it is supposed to be cause again.. the game is far from that promoted idea after oh so many years. The fact that we still don't have a generation pack, but seeing occult packs taking place more than one or two times is very frustrating and it doesn't seem right for what The Sims is supposed to represent. The choices are off, listening to the community is off and each side is suffering from that, that is the REAL issue here.

Also, questioning and criticizing my view especially if you haven't fully understood the point being made and saying my view and opinion is wrong, is still not something that fits into this thread ;)

Okay, supernaturals are very much a thing people enjoy. Almost every single pack in this game is dedicated to realism.

Most supernatural fans will actually tell you the sims 3 supernatural was half baked.

Vampires paled In comparison to what we have now, zombies were annoying to the point most people disabled the lunar cycle, and werewolves were literally dogs that got hit by newspapers whenever they growled at sims.

This leaves fairies and witches as the only well done life states, but even then, almost everything unique about witches is available to everyone, like alchemy and broomstick riding, which is either a positive or negative depending on your view.

You say seeing 3 supernatural packs doesn't seem like what the sims is supposed to represent, but the sims has always had supernatural elements from day 1.

There has been the Grim reaper, ghosts, aliens, etc all since the very first sims game.

You say that listening to the community is off, and I agree with you, but this pack was literally picked by the community, it only lost to arts and crafts by a couple percent.
    Post edited by Zeldaboy180 on
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    It looks like a cool pack, probably one I would've invested in if I was still remotely interested in TS4. That said, what a freakin oversight that they neglected to add cemeteries/mausoleums, funerals, and the like. I couldn't care less about the "UwU wiTcHy aEsThEtiC" bs.
    Also, look how they massacred my girl Bonehilda. She needs her coffin!
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member

If you read my comment right, you see it has nothing to do with players wanting to play with occult and supernatural themes, but more on <b> how EA decides to divide this into 3 unnecessary packs instead of just giving players enough in one pack as it was before</b>. THIS decision cuts right into the ability of TS4 becoming the life simulation it is supposed to be cause again.. the game is far from that promoted idea after oh so many years. The fact that we still don't have a generation pack, but seeing occult packs taking place more than one or two times is very frustrating and it doesn't seem right for what The Sims is supposed to represent. The choices are off, listening to the community is off and each side is suffering from that, that is the REAL issue here.

I mean, before when? The Sims 3 indeed had an expansion focused on supernatural, but every other pack had one new life state added. The Sims 2 also had one supernatural life state added per expansion. So supernatural gameplay has always been splitted :no_mouth: And what exactly is The Sims supposed to represent?
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,063 Member

Someone pointed this out on Twitter. I prefer Bonehilda's older look. She looks more like a stereotypical maid. She also exposes more cleavage, which is hilarious because she doesn't have anything to show. She also looks sad in The Sims 4, and her face is less detailed and scary.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    I want family styled gameplay too. This is a stuff pack and although its not exactly my vibe, i feel like it will be fun to play with. Praying the next EP is family based.