Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mafia Community 4th Annual Scummies

Comments

• TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    I'll update the tomorrow btw
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    So when's the voting for the nominees gonna start?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

submissions are thru the 31st, so it's probably starting on the 1st of Feb?

I'm gonna make the Voting form shortly after nominations close. Planning on having it up shortly after. So voting will more than likely start Sunday night. Monday morning at the latest.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, no one here is aggressive to me. I've def played with even more aggressive and even rude people. :O

Quite a few rude and aggressive people on Mafia Universe :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, no one here is aggressive to me. I've def played with even more aggressive and even rude people. :O

Very true. I played one game there. I said I was new and they immediately hated me.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Mouselline wrote: »

Very true. I played one game there. I said I was new and they immediately hated me.

I represented Ultimate Mafia one year and played a practice round, and there were some annoying people who would just flat out curse you for even bringing up the possibility that they could be Mafia. Instead of, you know, trying to come up with reasons to think they're town
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

I represented Ultimate Mafia one year and played a practice round, and there were some annoying people who would just flat out curse you for even bringing up the possibility that they could be Mafia. Instead of, you know, trying to come up with reasons to think they're town

Why anybody would play with people like that is beyond me. Just wouldn't be any fun unless you get a kick out of annoying them.

Why anybody would play with people like that is beyond me. Just wouldn't be any fun unless you get a kick out of annoying them.

Mafia Universe is a website for people who r very serious about the game. It’s very fast paced and is where the mafia championships or whatever they are called are held so it’s a pretty brutal place to play. It’s very different from here because we are more of just a group of people hanging out and playing mafia. Plus there is a lot of people on Mafia Universe. There’s a bunch of games held at once.
    So there’s going to be quite a few people like that over there

Well, you won't be seeing me over there any time soon. Glad you guys are fun to hang out with. :)

I have to play there cuz that's where the Mafia Championships are held and I've been representing the Sims 4 forum community (yes, y'all, XD) for the past three years. But there are also a lot of nice people there too. Plus, the forum is so dang dope and it's a forum made for playing mafia. They have bot mods. And you can do cool stuff like call out the vote count at any point of time, isolate any specific player's posts, go back at any previous post and also call out the vote count at that point of time, etc etc.
    832XG3D.gif

I have to play there cuz that's where the Mafia Championships are held and I've been representing the Sims 4 forum community (yes, y'all, XD) for the past three years. But there are also a lot of nice people there too. Plus, the forum is so dang dope and it's a forum made for playing mafia. They have bot mods. And you can do cool stuff like call out the vote count at any point of time, isolate any specific player's posts, go back at any previous post and also call out the vote count at that point of time, etc etc.

The forum setup sounds awesome! :) With my poor short term memory these days, I forget all the time who has voted for who. Or who has said what. :'(
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

Well, you won't be seeing me over there any time soon. Glad you guys are fun to hang out with. :)

Same. I know very well that there's a certain norm and expectation of ball-busting (to use a sexist term but I don't know what the gender-neutral alternative that works now, is...maybe the younger people here can tell me) online, there as well as other places, and it can be intense if taken personally but the going thought is, no one takes it personally, or they're not supposed to. But it can cross the line, and also, casual meanness isn't clever or witty, or likeable, but there are a lot of immature people who engage in it as a sort of pecking order.

Sometimes I can laugh it off, sometimes it gets under my collar. To be honest, I don't even really like mafia all that much for the game itself, but it's worth it because of the people here and the chance to interact.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg

The forum setup sounds awesome! :) With my poor short term memory these days, I forget all the time who has voted for who. Or who has said what. :'(

Yeah, it's super helpful. Especially when you can look back at day 1 votes like nearing the end of day and try to figure out if the mafia were trying to buss their partner or save their partner subtly.

Same. I know very well that there's a certain norm and expectation of ball-busting (to use a sexist term but I don't know what the gender-neutral alternative that works now, is...maybe the younger people here can tell me) online, there as well as other places, and it can be intense if taken personally but the going thought is, no one takes it personally, or they're not supposed to. But it can cross the line, and also, casual meanness isn't clever or witty, or likeable, but there are a lot of immature people who engage in it as a sort of pecking order.

Sometimes I can laugh it off, sometimes it gets under my collar. To be honest, I don't even really like mafia all that much for the game itself, but it's worth it because of the people here and the chance to interact.

But I'm like a totally different person when I play mafia. 😂 Or somewhat different. 😂
    832XG3D.gif

Yeah, it's super helpful. Especially when you can look back at day 1 votes like nearing the end of day and try to figure out if the mafia were trying to buss their partner or save their partner subtly.

But I'm like a totally different person when I play mafia. 😂 Or somewhat different. 😂

So you're saying that you normally aren't so sweet and kind? :p

I don't see how I'm sweet and kind in mafia games... 🤔
    832XG3D.gif

I don't see how I'm sweet and kind in mafia games... 🤔

Me either. I was just kidding. :)
  • tutifruity6644tutifruity6644 Posts: 878 Member
    @dekay i forgot about this mafia game i hope ur all doing good its been on for so long now i wish i could of played
    Screenshot-2022-02-26-at-02-01-45.png
    💛🤍 Tai (iel en français / they/them in english) 💜🖤
    @dekay i forgot about this mafia game i hope ur all doing good its been on for so long now i wish i could of played

It’s not a game. It’s like an awards thing. Around the end of February or something like that mafia awards are going to be handed out.
    ok mouselline can i join
    ok mouselline can i join

My join if you mean be nominated for an award, then no. You didn't play any games in 2020 so you can't be nominated for the awards. I also wouldn't suggest to vote on them either because you didn't play so you don't know what happened in 2020.

It’s not a game. It’s like an awards thing. Around the end of February or something like that mafia awards are going to be handed out.

Around Mid February
    ok mouselline can i join

My join if you mean be nominated for an award, then no. You didn't play any games in 2020 so you can't be nominated for the awards. I also wouldn't suggest to vote on them either because you didn't play so you don't know what happened in 2020.

ok mouselline
    I lost track of time. XD I'm closing the nominations now.
    Voting form will be up shortly