Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't Complain if You Buy The Pack

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Brinn wrote: »
    Because I'm the one to buy any occult pack on the release date? ;) I love all the supernatural stuff in The Sims, that's why I'm among the players who suffer from intrusive gameplay features most of all. I can't just "switch off" a pack because I enjoy it generally. But some features are designed as everyone would enjoy this type of gameplay. I wish the devs won't make these mistakes in the future, the Paranormal Stuff pack gives me such hope, since all the features are optional and have difficulty settings.

You seem incredibly hypocritical tbh. "I love supernatural content but I want it to never be in game unless I activate it."

I like the vampire pack, but I didn't like the Wannabe-Vlad-The-Impaler coming to my homes all the time and sucking my sims dry at his leisure. So instead of "never having it in my game unless I activate it", I instead killed all the pre-made vampires and created my own through birth. There's literally one vampire in my game. You might like the content of a pack but not necessarily like some of its functions. I don't see such thinking as hypocrisy.

In a Sims game, we are the Gods. We control everything.

The nightly visits were my favourite feature of Vampires. I loved watching my sims go to bed at night and suddenly the music plays and a vampire appears. Even funnier to watch them constantly fail due to the garlic!
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    The only vampire activity I get is random vampires that visit my sims like regular sims, haha. They knock on the door and everything. Usually around 10 PM. It's been too long since I had a proper break in.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Not only can you turn the lot type off, but they gave us multiple ways to keep the haunting activity down, ,from performing seances to getting rid of cursed objects quickly, to giving the specters presents to go away. IF people can't be bothered to do any or all of those things and then want to complain, I have to wonder why the bought the pack in the first place. Use the tools provided ffs.

Loanet wrote: »
    They're MEANT to be spooky and invasive!

I'll tell you what's unrealistic - the frikkin' thunderstorms I'm getting practically every night in Brindleton Bay that cut off my power. And every Sim being afraid of thunderstorms and making it impossible to turn out anything of value. The thunderstorms happen more often than the ghosts on my Spooky lot! And when I'm not getting thunderstorms, Landgraab electricity is failing my house.

Wait, I don't see me asking Maxis to nerf thunderstorms.

you can change the weather with the weather machine ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    You know guys and gals, I've been playing this Get Famous pack for a while now but you know what I don't like? Celebrities, they're really annoying in this game. Maybe I can get EA to remove them if I scream loud enough.

you can cheat to remove there stars with testingcheats enabled

• Options
    SamDenny wrote: »
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Brinn wrote: »
    Because I'm the one to buy any occult pack on the release date? ;) I love all the supernatural stuff in The Sims, that's why I'm among the players who suffer from intrusive gameplay features most of all. I can't just "switch off" a pack because I enjoy it generally. But some features are designed as everyone would enjoy this type of gameplay. I wish the devs won't make these mistakes in the future, the Paranormal Stuff pack gives me such hope, since all the features are optional and have difficulty settings.

You seem incredibly hypocritical tbh. "I love supernatural content but I want it to never be in game unless I activate it."

I like the vampire pack, but I didn't like the Wannabe-Vlad-The-Impaler coming to my homes all the time and sucking my sims dry at his leisure. So instead of "never having it in my game unless I activate it", I instead killed all the pre-made vampires and created my own through birth. There's literally one vampire in my game. You might like the content of a pack but not necessarily like some of its functions. I don't see such thinking as hypocrisy.

In a Sims game, we are the Gods. We control everything.

If you're still having a lot of vampire activity can I have your game, please? My game is completely devoid of vampire activity and I want it soo bad! D:

On a side note though, Vlad only breaks in once per save and that's the tutorial. Heck, you could even skip the tutorial by locking your sim's front door, which btw you were able to do when Vampire's first released.

agreed. I wish it was in my game ;]

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    There are also things that are just bugged, or overly invasive that's not supposed to be. I just moved into the most expensive premade house in Snowy Escape, and the Mascot keeps barging in and making stress removal potions despite the fact that I have turned his visits off with the statue in-game.

Having toggles that are bugged is a valid complaint. But not only that, certain things are just unbalanced, like the Eco Footprint, or the Sharing Is Caring NAP that is just downright badly implemented.
    Compared to that, Vlad's initial visit is nothing, especially since he actually can't get past a locked door anyway.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SMae64SMae64 Posts: 21 Member
    As long as I've used forums, there have been people complaining. Either they're complaining about stuff they don't like or they're complaining about the complainers ;)

If EA negatively (in your view) alter a game because of complaints then IMO, your argument should be with EA

They didn't have to listen - they could have stuck to their guns, held their nerve and left the pack as released
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I just found the tweet calling for the specters to be toned down and just responded to it. I swear if I see any more calls to nerf the paranormal activity, my claws are coming out.

I haven't even gotten a chance to play with the pack yet since I'm trying to fix up Willow Creek and have been experiencing computer issues, and if they get nerfed before I even get to play with the pack...I'm going to be livid.

People asking the devs to nerf paranormal gameplay in a paranormal pack would be like me going to devs and asking them to tone down the generation of dirty laundry piles, because I don't like having them in my game despite the fact that I put down a washing machine and laundry basket.

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    You know guys and gals, I've been playing this Get Famous pack for a while now but you know what I don't like? Celebrities, they're really annoying in this game. Maybe I can get EA to remove them if I scream loud enough.

you can cheat to remove there stars with testingcheats enabled

I appreciate you looking out and wanting to help everyone.

But I'm pretty sure this reply was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, basically just acting like the anti-occults do.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited February 2021
    It is not just supernatural gameplay that gets altered, even regular stuff like phone calls get toned down. It is annoying when things you like get nerfed to the point of not happening anymore. They need to figure this out so they wont upset any simmers in the future with uncalled for changes. I think this pack being not very intrusive will help with it not getting many complaints. It is still kinda annoying for people who want supernatural gameplay to be very present in their game and yet they have to seek it out, like with spellcasters being witchy mainly in their little town or whatever. I dont know the way to balance this out, even toggles dont seem like they would be enough.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    SMae64 wrote: »
    As long as I've used forums, there have been people complaining. Either they're complaining about stuff they don't like or they're complaining about the complainers ;)

If EA negatively (in your view) alter a game because of complaints then IMO, your argument should be with EA

They didn't have to listen - they could have stuck to their guns, held their nerve and left the pack as released

I was here on release day of Sims 4. The... toxicity then towards the Devs was way worse (The combination of the No Basements disappointment, the No Pools Fury and the No Toddlers Rage); part of it is simply that a number of the most negative players actually DID stop playing the game, others got banned, and others calmed down.

But even at it's worst, this forum has always been one of the LEAST toxic ones. The old Bioware forums were absolutely horrible. In ALL kinds of ways up to and including veiled death threats.

The only forums better than these I frequent are the Paradox forums, and those are special because they make very specific kind of games that attracts players who understand the process of making such games to a large extent (plus they are just excellent at communicating with their players in general).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i think the only way as a player to avoid so many complaint would be for ea to add 1 content requested by players and 2 toggles so players can play there game there way with out risking complaints form players who did not went the mention content to be invasive with the use of toggles so players can turn off features they would not use in game and 3 i wish ea maxi would add in sims 4 retro furniture and appliances as well as more choice for modern ones in case players went to create depending on there story for those that play with aging on a house starting in a 19 50 décor and improve the house as they advance in there sim story and generation for those that plays with aging on since it would not affect me as i keep aging fully turn off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    i think the only way as a player to avoid so many complaint would be for ea to add 1 content requested by players and 2 toggles so players can play there game there way with out risking complaints form players who did not went the mention content to be invasive with the use of toggles so players can turn off features they would not use in game and 3 i wish ea maxi would add in sims 4 retro furniture and appliances as well as more choice for modern ones in case players went to create depending on there story for those that play with aging on a house starting in a 19 50 décor and improve the house as they advance in there sim story and generation for those that plays with aging on since it would not affect me as i keep aging fully turn off

So every content should have 2 toggles? I think that would be a mess. I think people can pass on buying packs if they don't want to use it's content. It's not that hard...
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

So every content should have 2 toggles? I think that would be a mess. I think people can pass on buying packs if they don't want to use it's content. It's not that hard...

I have to agree with that, I almost never, ever play occults, but I own both Vampires and RoM. I bought them mostly for the CAS/BB and worlds. But I also thought someday I might take a little foray into the darker side. But even if I never play with Vampires or Spellcasters, I'm not going to go whining to the devs to remove those aspects simply because I don't like to play them. I knew what the packs were about when I bought them so if I have vampires breaking in or witches riding brooms and casting spells, that's totally on me, because I could have logically avoided any of those things happening in my game by simply NOT buying the packs and waiting for something that would fit my play style better.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    There are also things that are just bugged, or overly invasive that's not supposed to be. I just moved into the most expensive premade house in Snowy Escape, and the Mascot keeps barging in and making stress removal potions despite the fact that I have turned his visits off with the statue in-game.

Having toggles that are bugged is a valid complaint. But not only that, certain things are just unbalanced, like the Eco Footprint, or the Sharing Is Caring NAP that is just downright badly implemented.
    Compared to that, Vlad's initial visit is nothing, especially since he actually can't get past a locked door anyway.

This is different though, the Eco Footprint does need work, and making it function as described isn’t the same as nerfing it. Making Sharing Is Caring only happen on residential lots also isn’t nerfing.

Basically abolishing weather related deaths, vampire behavior, and Murphy bed deaths when there were ways to mitigate them in game, that’s infuriating.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member

sorry @telmarina but i disagree with you some buys the pack for some of the content it brings and as a player i tink toggles in the game like in the sims 3 would be the best alternative
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited February 2021
    Don't complain if you buy the pack? So the ppl who don't buy it and put no money into it are the ones who have the right to complain but not those who are customers of it, they don't get to give feedback?? That's an odd mind set. If following that advice, no one who bought sims 4 should complain about sims 4 either, right? Or any other thing they buy? Positive feedback on purchases only?

(For the record, I haven't bought it, and have no complaints about it, it just didn't have anything that interested me enough to purchase. Also, I'm not saying it's right for everything to get nerfed, but I think that should be directed at EA, not at ppl who are giving their own personal feedback of what they like\dont like.. and toggles are a better option than nerfing. Saying this without knowing how much this pack nerfed or what toggles there are\arent, I really don't know much about the pack, haven't even watched the trailer or read anything on it other than a few comments in this post lol, just commenting as the post title caught my attention as being the opposite of what I normally see here about ppl saying they have the right to complain about sims 4 cuz they are customers.)

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    It's got multiple ways to calm the house, from turning on or off a more intense mode, using the friendly ghost and Bonehilda to help, to simply disabling the lot type for a break. The thread isn't about not giving feedback, it's about not getting features nerfed when there are already ways in game to reduce or increase the difficulty.
    And the thread creators fears about this were founded. Right here on the forum there are people complaining that it's too much, whilst their own comments seem to suggest they haven't used the game play provided to calm the house down.
  • Options
    Don't complain if you buy the pack? So the ppl who don't buy it and put no money into it are the ones who have the right to complain but not those who are customers of it, they don't get to give feedback?? That's an odd mind set. If following that advice, no one who bought sims 4 should complain about sims 4 either, right? Or any other thing they buy? Positive feedback on purchases only?

(For the record, I haven't bought it, and have no complaints about it, it just didn't have anything that interested me enough to purchase. Also, I'm not saying it's right for everything to get nerfed, but I think that should be directed at EA, not at ppl who are giving their own personal feedback of what they like\dont like.. and toggles are a better option than nerfing. Saying this without knowing how much this pack nerfed or what toggles there are\arent, I really don't know much about the pack, haven't even watched the trailer or read anything on it other than a few comments in this post lol, just commenting as the post title caught my attention as being the opposite of what I normally see here about ppl saying they have the right to complain about sims 4 cuz they are customers.)

You're absolutelly right in your assumptions. But i think op was refering specifically to people who buy a paranormal pack but then complain about it having paranormal content.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

You're absolutelly right in your assumptions. But i think op was refering specifically to people who buy a paranormal pack but then complain about it having paranormal content.

I suppose that makes sense, if they are complaining that it has paranormal content at all, as the theme was pretty clear from the title of it. If it's complaining about how the paranormal content works though, then I'd think they are valid complaints as everyone wants it to work differently. Sometimes it's a thin line, I guess.

I think in this case, stuff gets nerfed because, as a rule of thumb, complainers tend to be louder than those who like a feature. It's not ideal of course, but it's how it is. Perhaps EA just sees the complaints and thinks "okay, this isn't working." Perhaps if there are features people love that they see a lot of complaints about, the best bet would be to go out of the way to praise those features, go somewhere EA sees (is it twitter?) and post a bunch of "Thank-you for this feature EA, we love it?" Dunno if it'd work but if the praisers are louder than the complainers maybe they won't nerf it on you guys, haha! Like I said, I don't know much about the particular issue here or if it's already been nerfed or speculation, but if it's something you're worried about happening, it might be worth a shot. Good luck! Like I said, the pack isn't my cup of tea so I haven't purchased it and therefore have no complaints about it, but I hope for those of you that have purchased it, it's a pack you are all able to enjoy :)
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    Not only can you turn the lot type off, but they gave us multiple ways to keep the haunting activity down, ,from performing seances to getting rid of cursed objects quickly, to giving the specters presents to go away. IF people can't be bothered to do any or all of those things and then want to complain, I have to wonder why the bought the pack in the first place. Use the tools provided ffs.

Loanet wrote: »
    They're MEANT to be spooky and invasive!

I'll tell you what's unrealistic - the frikkin' thunderstorms I'm getting practically every night in Brindleton Bay that cut off my power. And every Sim being afraid of thunderstorms and making it impossible to turn out anything of value. The thunderstorms happen more often than the ghosts on my Spooky lot! And when I'm not getting thunderstorms, Landgraab electricity is failing my house.

Wait, I don't see me asking Maxis to nerf thunderstorms.

you can change the weather with the weather machine ;)

And there's also a reward trait to make sims not be afraid. Storm Chaser.
  • Options

I suppose that makes sense, if they are complaining that it has paranormal content at all, as the theme was pretty clear from the title of it. If it's complaining about how the paranormal content works though, then I'd think they are valid complaints as everyone wants it to work differently. Sometimes it's a thin line, I guess.

I think in this case, stuff gets nerfed because, as a rule of thumb, complainers tend to be louder than those who like a feature. It's not ideal of course, but it's how it is. Perhaps EA just sees the complaints and thinks "okay, this isn't working." Perhaps if there are features people love that they see a lot of complaints about, the best bet would be to go out of the way to praise those features, go somewhere EA sees (is it twitter?) and post a bunch of "Thank-you for this feature EA, we love it?" Dunno if it'd work but if the praisers are louder than the complainers maybe they won't nerf it on you guys, haha! Like I said, I don't know much about the particular issue here or if it's already been nerfed or speculation, but if it's something you're worried about happening, it might be worth a shot. Good luck! Like I said, the pack isn't my cup of tea so I haven't purchased it and therefore have no complaints about it, but I hope for those of you that have purchased it, it's a pack you are all able to enjoy :)

Thank you :) I try to praise the game when it deserves praise but i do agree with you, we're not all the loud we should be :)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    It is not just supernatural gameplay that gets altered, even regular stuff like phone calls get toned down. It is annoying when things you like get nerfed to the point of not happening anymore. They need to figure this out so they wont upset any simmers in the future with uncalled for changes. I think this pack being not very intrusive will help with it not getting many complaints. It is still kinda annoying for people who want supernatural gameplay to be very present in their game and yet they have to seek it out, like with spellcasters being witchy mainly in their little town or whatever. I dont know the way to balance this out, even toggles dont seem like they would be enough.

I'm still sour about the invites and phone calls 😖😖😖
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    @SimAlexandria im only one person but that's exactly why I try to praise and give them credit where due. Or thank them often for something I really like. They can only judge based on feedback and the complainers are the only ones screaming loud all the time in comparison.
    I LOVED the invites. Now I get not one for a feature I paid for in get together. I hate having to use a mod just for a simple invitation. They bring glitches.😵 It was so easy to reject it or not answer the phone.

Why couldn't they just give a phone off option? So people who like them don't have to suffer for it. I don't like NAPS but I never complained or asked for them to be toned down. I know there are people who enjoy it. I simply don't use the feature and both sides can be happy that way.

I really don't want to see anything nerfed in the future. I consider myself to be pretty patient with a lot if things😌 and I'm always striving to increase my patience but everytime I think if what was nerfed I-😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Why couldn't they just give a phone off option?

I’ve been hoping for something like this from day 1. Most of my sims are not the “phone type”. I sometimes want to snatch the darn thing out of their hands. Like in real life. Just flush it through the toilet. 😒