Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stock Pond Criteria?

Hi :)

A family of mine in Aurora Skies is able to stock their backyard pond as well as their owned community lot pond with fish other than anchovy. In their backyard pond they were able to stock it with snails from France. They had an option with other fish too. However not everyone in the household was able to do this, with any fish, whether they had them in their inventory or not.

Another family of mine in Monte Vista can only stock their backyard pond or their owned community lot pond with anchovy.

Why?

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with level of skill or having an Angler trait.
I remember you from university, I still have your story.

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited January 2021
    You have to have at minimum 10 of each fish that you intend to stock the pond with before it will allow you to stock a pond with that particular fish. Check your inventory and see how many of each fish that you have.

It doesn't matter if one of your family has enough. The number of fish is not cumulative in terms of family total. Each individual person has to have 10 fish to stock the pond. The other alternative is to transfer the number of fish that you need to stock the pond from the others who have stock of that fish in their individual inventories to the one who you want to stock the pond.

Stocking a pond comes from the individual inventories. It will not check the family inventory.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Thanks @Nikkei_Simmer that worked.
    Now, my sim is not being able to get a pink diamond heart-shaped cut, only sculptor's egg or .. the other one not heart-shaped, can't remember. I've never had that happen before. She's got the invention quest that ends in making a bot. Does anyone know why its not offering heart-shaped cutting? Its not about money either, they definitely have enough.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Thanks @Nikkei_Simmer that worked.
    Now, my sim is not being able to get a pink diamond heart-shaped cut, only sculptor's egg or .. the other one not heart-shaped, can't remember. I've never had that happen before. She's got the invention quest that ends in making a bot. Does anyone know why its not offering heart-shaped cutting? Its not about money either, they definitely have enough.

Check your sim's collection skill journal. If they have completed the Gem Collector Challenge then they will be able to cut any gem they find in the heart shaped cut. They need to find 10 different types of gems to complete that challenge.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    To unlock the Heart Shaped cut I believe you need to find 10 different types of gems. From collecting "in the wild" not from the gem miner.
    If you have WA, the gems you get from chopping space rocks count toward it though.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    @Pary and @Karritz thanks! I'll send her out to the wilderness ... of Monte Vista. Um what do you call a Mediterranean village's wilderness? Not a jungle ... could say forest but Monte Vista doesn't really have forests ... scrub? Hmm.
    Sorry I haven't posted any story on here @Karritz. I keep forgetting and when I do remember, I take the memory picture for my My Page. Maybe if I resume Sunlit Tides I will make sure I take screenshots instead. Until then, if you go here https://www.thesims3.com/memory/memoryExchange.html?persona=DivinylsFan&sortField=created_at&sortOrder=ASC&position=5590&index=560 and start down the bottom at "Custom Memory 0", it will be the family/world/story I'm playing right now. It's not all that good of a story-story yet, slowly getting into it. Then some people on my page needed help working the memory pictures in their game so that's what that's about on some of it.

Thanks again, seeyas again soon.
  • Options
    Would ya's happen to know how I can remove a sims' stuck usage of an item? One that you can't pick up or delete because a previous sim didn't complete the action, and now never will.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Would ya's happen to know how I can remove a sims' stuck usage of an item? One that you can't pick up or delete because a previous sim didn't complete the action, and now never will.

You can use Master Controller to reset the item.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

You can use Master Controller to reset the item.

the nraas option doesn't come up when clicking on the item, only collect and analyze. "nraas" is the option for getting into the MC menu. Without it appearing when clicking on the item, I don't know how to get MC to reset it. Like, if I click on the wall, it will have "nraas" through which I can access MC, but the stuck pink diamonds don't have it.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Click somewhere on the lot, choose NRaas > Master Controller > Object Reset > choose Local and Not Inventory. A panel will come up where you can find the object and select it. From there it's pretty self-explanatory.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    IreneSwift's suggestion was my next answer, or also try resetting the whole lot, if you can.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll try that.
  • Options
    Another question ... Doh!
    Ha.

I've never had triplets. The fertility happiness reward describes having a better chance of having twins and triplets. So it suggests it is possible, already in the game without a cheat or mod. Is there something they eat or do that increases those chances?
    In the Sims 2, eating cheesecake from the Seasons expansion pack guaranteed twins, even if the house was going to be full with the one baby. That was told to players in an email from EA as a fun fact/handy hint as a reward after registering that expansion pack - when they were still on CD/DVD.
    I vaguely remember some people on here discussing if tomatoes or watermelon is eaten or such, it increases the chances of the baby being one gender or another. So is there something the pregnant mother eats for triplets? One time, one of my pregnant sims ate nothing but lobster thermidore ... the baby's favourite food turned out to be lobster thermidore. Ha! Anyway ...

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Watermelon and apples contributes to determining the sex of the baby, girl or boy respectively.
    Having your pregnant sim watch the children's channel on television, listen to the children's radio station and read pregnancy books can help to cement multiple births I believe. Your best chance is giving both sims the fertility lifetime reward.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Thanks all :)

I've switched to another game/world/household who also had a couple of stuck items, in Sunset Valley. You might be interested to know the 'object reset' was not available to me, I perhaps don't have the required module on my MC. So I got them all to finish what they were doing and stand out the front yard and I did 'reset lot'. That worked.
    However, I'm sure they had some paintings in their memories, which they didn't any more. (Paint from Memory). So I think doing the lot reset, probably the sim reset too but I only have the lot experience, possibly clears out the painting memory. They had recently had a wedding and I usually get one of my high painting sims to take a 'memorize scene' picture to paint after that, which they usually have stay in their memory for ages, until the next one I think, although I think as time goes on it might become more mottled. So I got the happy couple to put their formals on and pose with and around the arch for some photographs.

That's all for now :)
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Deleted.
    Post edited by DivinylsFan on