March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your stories surrounding Paranormal

I have been thinking about to integrate this pack into my story which involves occults. Are you all going to create new characters for this new pack or expand on your current characters stories? I'd love to hear your ideas. Feel free to share your stories, sims, and builds.

Comments

• pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    So far I know I want to make a Black Selvadoradian spellcaster as my main sim. She'll have a "witchy" shop where she sells herbal remedies, potions and flowers. She'll have a haunted home she'll inherit from her aunt. That's about as far as I've gotten but I know I want her to live in Willow Creek.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I posted this in another thread, but here are my four investigators, coming to check out the mysterious Autumnvale manor.
    U4n0PVT.png
    Violet Bellwood has experience dealing with ghosts. Her family traveled the country; her mother worked as a fortuneteller and her dad as an exorcist. She would contact ghost and get them to haunt people, so her mother could warn the people and recommend the dad for an exorcism. Compared to the rest of the group, she has the most knowledge about ghosts. But she's more interested in living in the house and becoming an eccentric reclusive painter.

7lCGvTL.png
    Hazel Grimwood is from a nouveau riche, but obscure spellcaster family from Glimmberbrook. She abandoned her family's sophisticated ways, but she still has aspirations of striking it rich. She wants to fix up the house and live in luxury, making her own label of Juice.

3nPlKpl.png
    Lyanna Bordeaux is the child of spellcasters, but she was born without magical abilities. Nevertheless, she has an interest in the occult and wants to speak with the ghosts. Her goal is to turn the house into a museum, acting as its curator.

qVNXLZU.png
    Hunter Stellar is the son of one of the twins in my Snowy Escape playthrough. He's an accomplished spellcaster who wants to take over his father's restaurant one day. Having grown up poor, he's determined to buy the haunted house and fix it up. No ghosts will stop him from being a homeowner.

They're going to play through the pack's content. Once they're done, Hunter will buy the house and settle down with one or more of the women. (I'm looking at Violet or Hazel. Need help figuring out who to pick.) They'll end up living with ghosts and starting a long legacy of ghost-hunters.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    Working on a character I'm placing to live in Forgotten Hollow, and going to give her the new Paranormal Investigator career, as well as probably live in a haunted house. Was thinking of making her refer to herself more as a "Spirit Seeker", someone who is drawn to the presences, and of course called when needed if there is any ghostly peril, haha.
    37mfj.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm thinking about making a paranormal/occult save.
    Might make a paranormal investigator team, Dam and Sean Windcheater.
    Hmm, might make a rival team, Mully and Scolder, but they're government agents.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It's not really a 'story'but i will start a legacy-style game for this new pack. I have been playing in rotation in the latest times (before i went in a regular break mkre recently), but i think a legacy would go just fine with the haunted houses. The family moves to a haunted house and keeps living there, generation after generation. Will they be able to clean the house...? Will the evil be back after some generations off...?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    The Goths just have to live in a haunted house!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm not even sure I wasn't expecting this at all lol. One thing is for sure though, my world is ready. I'm always playing apocalyptic and I have 3 haunted houses I already had anyway. I always continue each new pack with the same save and sims.

This is something I'll be using at every single turn. I want to make some of them haunted Halloween houses for spooky day that sims can visit and have fun. Then I'll probably turn my evil vampire houses haunted because it's so fitting. I don't think I'll follow a particular story based on this pack. It will just be features added to my current storylines.

FYI For anyone that wants fog, filling the basement with chimneys does the trick 😉
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited January 2021
    My Selvadoradian spellcaster living in Glimmerbrook is just (w)itching to try out the new things coming in the Paranormal stuff pack! Her name is Verónica Puerta, and yes, I realise Puerta may not be a very common last name because it means "door" in Spanish, but that's the very reason I chose it: As a medium, she basically functions as a door, or can open doors between our world and the beyond. I created her last year, but haven't played with her a lot because... well, there wasn't really a way to translate my ideas into the game without playing pretend. Luckily, that's going to change now.

Other than that, I'm currently watching Supernatural, and I like it, so I may create the Winchester brothers sooner or later, and what better job is there for them than paranormal investigators?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm gonna be starting over in Strangerville with a Military career once that Fear emotion comes out... Gotta have a spooky lot, too...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'll continue playing with my legacy saved file. I only have 1 saved file for my gameplay, and 1 for building only.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    My Selvadoradian spellcaster living in Glimmerbrook is just (w)itching to try out the new things coming in the Paranormal stuff pack! Her name is Verónica Puerta, and yes, I realise Puerta may not be a very common last name because it means "door" in Spanish, but that's the very reason I chose it: As a medium, she basically functions as a door, or can open doors between our world and the beyond. I created her last year, but haven't played with her a lot because... well, there wasn't really a way to translate my ideas into the game without playing pretend. Luckily, that's going to change now.

Other than that, I'm currently watching Supernatural, and I like it, so I may create the Winchester brothers sooner or later, and what better job is there for them than paranormal investigators?

My advice would be to not watch the last episode. I wish they had ended it with Season 15 Episode 19 and that's how I will remember the show.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    I have a lot of ideas but I want to play through the house that comes with the game before getting too far ahead of myself. If the lot type is as good as it sounds I'll look at making Vlad's house and the Goth house haunted lots. Cassandra wants to be a musician but Sofia Bjergsen outdoes her in every way. Cassandra usual takes this hard and starts skipping classes and hanging around in Forgotten Hollow with Caleb and Lilith. Eventually she becomes a vampire and uses her new immortal stamina to become the best violinist there is. I might change that up a bit, remove the vampire arc, and make the reason she's not better than Sofia is because the house is haunted and she's always scared but she meets Guidry and learns how to appease the spirits and eventually use them to her advantage. The paranormal related careers are a breath of fresh air for my spellcasters(maybe even some vampires). I tend to put spellcasters in the education career because it just fits them the best. Anyway, hopefully it'll work out well.

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    My witch Agnes will be going to the Asylum as a patient, unfortunately the Asylum will be haunted causing Agnes to call on her mentor (who will also become a medium) and take her advise to investigate the situation and get rid of the haunting.
    The asylum will also be where Agnes will meet her best friend (Lazarus the possessed vampire and undertaker/wannabe poet) and the ghul/zombie Greta (technically a vampire...dont know if they will become friends tho) who'll help her to get rid of the ghosts.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member

My advice would be to not watch the last episode. I wish they had ended it with Season 15 Episode 19 and that's how I will remember the show.

Thanks for the warning! :D I heard the finale wasn't particularly well received, and that one character died rather stupidly, but I'm only halfway through the second season so far, and the angels and witches that I was looking forward to aren't even there yet. Who knows if I'll even make it to the last episode, but hey, I always put my own spin on other people's stories anyway, so if I see the finale and don't like it, I'll just rewrite it in my Sims game and act like that version is canon. B)
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

Thanks for the warning! :D I heard the finale wasn't particularly well received, and that one character died rather stupidly, but I'm only halfway through the second season so far, and the angels and witches that I was looking forward to aren't even there yet. Who knows if I'll even make it to the last episode, but hey, I always put my own spin on other people's stories anyway, so if I see the finale and don't like it, I'll just rewrite it in my Sims game and act like that version is canon. B)

Now that's something I'd like to see! :) The upset is more about them abandoning the underlying themes that made the long-time viewers connect with characters beyond Sam and Dean. My favourite characters on the show have always been Crowley and Rowena, which you haven't even seen yet if you are currently watching Season 2, so that's all I am going to say about them.
    It's an entertaining show and probably has the most varied types of supernatural beings I have ever seen.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I allready have a witch I have been playing for a very long time. She is a voodoo witch living near the volcano in Sulani. I always thought she is a medium so this will fit her perfectly. Apart from that I think of a story of a newlywed couple with a dog that will move into a haunted house. One of them will die (hopefully that will be possible) and the other one will take charge and try to get rid of the ghosts. (Like a horror movie of sorts) Finally, I am planning to incorporate mediumship to my head canon on spellcasters. I allready have four schools with different philosophies and magical styles. Two of them will practice mediumship.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I have quite a few occult Sims already, but defintely plan on creating some new households (especially of the Spellcaster variety) and already started on creating one of them and developing the backstory.

The first one revolves around Mr. and Mrs. Bordeaux (no first names yet) who run a family-owned Paranormal Investigation Business. But while their powers are real and they have helped cleanse some houses from unwanted paranormal activity they're really only in it for the money and have engaged in numerous cons. (They'll say they cleansed a house when there was no paranormal activity to begin with rather being honest, or make someone believe their house is haunted even if it's not.)

Their daughter, Morgyn has recently come of age (so she's a young adult. I'm thinking somewhere between 18-24) where they'd like her to join them and even expand on the business. (Because they're money hungry con artists.) But Morgyn wants nothing to do with her parents business and their trickery. She wants to use her gifts to actually help people and doesn't care about the money.

And since she hasn't honed her gift as much as her parents have, she's going to need a lot of help from Guidry who is of course very charming. Depending on whether or not Guidry is romanceable, I might eventually try to get them together. Or possibly create another ghostly helper if it's impossible to romance him even with cheats. She's defintely going to have a crush on him though.

Also, the fact that she and Morgyn Ember have the same first name and are both spellcasters is a coincidence. I actually forgot that there was already a sage named Morgyn when I decided on her name. :D
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Q6KDzeW.png
    This is Celeste Silversweater. Her mother was part of my Trailer Park Challenge. Celeste was the result of a brief fling and has grown up penniless. She's just turned YA and scrapped enough money to buy an almost empty fixer upper. She's inherited her dads magic abilities.

FfJhxOG.png
    Gem Ito. Third gen of my Mt Komorebi family. She's part alien but other than that, human. She's a genius and no nonsense type so she would be going into it with a different mindset to Celeste. I'll probably end up playing both, I just need to decide which is first.

There's over a week to go though and the speed which I get through generations I may be on to totally different sims by release :s

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited January 2021
    The majority of my played sims are cops, so I decided to transfer two of them to a new department for paranormal investigations. They are joined there by two new recruits, one of them being Windenburg premade Ulrike Faust and the other a sim that was supposed to be an astrologer and psychic all the time. Now I can play her to her fullest potential instead of just having her play cards with clients.

At the moment my investigators attend a four weeks course in Senbamachi.

Here they meet the local spirits (and get cursed):

903125508d41abfa3d27a01aba2074f39ee16a61.png

And here Lucy plays against a haunted chessboard:

5732a7d1d156482bf3fe07d75f39f46d80d69bc0.png

My gameplay goals are to finish the Komorebi tourist aspiration (to buy the Brave trait when the new pack drops and also because I rarely bother finishing aspirations), to graduate uni and to collect all Snowy Escape spirits.

On a sidenote, does anybody remember what pack or career the ghostbuster-ish suit came with? Could also be an exterminator suit, unfortunately I do not have a screenshot of it atm. Found, thank you @Babykittyjade
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    The majority of my played sims are cops, so I decided to transfer two of them to a new department for paranormal investigations. They are joined there by two new recruits, one of them being Windenburg premade Ulrike Faust and the other a sim that was supposed to be an astrologer and psychic all the time. Now I can play her to her fullest potential instead of just having her play cards with clients.

At the moment my investigators attend a four weeks course in Senbamachi.

Here they meet the local spirits (and get cursed):

903125508d41abfa3d27a01aba2074f39ee16a61.png

And here Lucy plays against a haunted chessboard:

5732a7d1d156482bf3fe07d75f39f46d80d69bc0.png

My gameplay goals are to finish the Komorebi tourist aspiration (to buy the Brave trait when the new pack drops and also because I rarely bother finishing aspirations), to graduate uni and to collect all Snowy Escape spirits.

On a sidenote, does anybody remember what pack or career the ghostbuster-ish suit came with? Could also be an exterminator suit, unfortunately I do not have a screenshot of it atm.

Do you mean that yellow exterminator looking suit from strangerville?

Love the cop story! I don't know if you are a Batu hater😅 but that pack added nice interactions for my roleplay cops. I just cheated them into the first order and got the aspiration and interactions.
    Like arresting people, I can recruit sims who patrol for me with blasters and some other interactions i forget because I'm on a break. Haven't played in a while 😆 but I love that I was able to make use out of it outside of Batu.
    I made a cyber city with a cyber police station. Then i made more cops and recruited them to patrol it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I love everyone's story ideas, they are an inspiration for me as I don't play occults enough and seem to have no ideas for them of my own.

I can see me playing out some of these ideas now myself, and will definitely have to expand the amount of spellcasters I have in my game.
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    I'm thinking of making one of my unused spellcasters a medium.

Story wise, I'm thinking of having her magic one day "backfire", leading her to inflict haunting ghosts upon her house -- due to this she then has to become a medium and learn to work with the spirits. (Her cat familiar is also a ghost, though I'm not sure if I'll loop the reason behind that into the story or not yet, we'll see.)
    edited January 2021
    Ooh, I know who would make a good medium - Catarina Lynx! She'd need better cats though, with a more mystical style, like the ones from this old thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965112/are-you-making-your-own-familiars-in-cats-and-dogs-share/p2

(I'm especially looking at yours @LiELF )

I could just see her holding séances whilst her cats/familiars prowl around hissing at the ghosts.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member

Do you mean that yellow exterminator looking suit from strangerville?

No, not Strangerville, but be blessed for mentioning that name! Brain block lifted, I remembered that George Cahill had that suit, shoved my cops into his household and voila:

screenshot4366zk27.png

It icon says it's from Get to work, so probably an unlockable from the Science career. George will get payed for providing four suits, no worries.
    Love the cop story! I don't know if you are a Batu hater😅 but that pack added nice interactions for my roleplay cops. I just cheated them into the first order and got the aspiration and interactions.
    Like arresting people, I can recruit sims who patrol for me with blasters and some other interactions i forget because I'm on a break. Haven't played in a while 😆 but I love that I was able to make use out of it outside of Batu.
    I made a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ city with a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ police station. Then i made more cops and recruited them to patrol it.

I actually like Batuu, but so far have been playing it in a side save only. Getting the check ID interaction for my main save police officers was on my to-do list. But, whoa, arresting and patroling also transfer into the normal sims world outside Batuu? I didn't know that, this makes the staff outing to Batuu even more attractive!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Ooh, I know who would make a good medium - Catarina Lynx! She'd need better cats though, with a more mystical style, like the ones from this old thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965112/are-you-making-your-own-familiars-in-cats-and-dogs-share/p2

(I'm especially looking at yours @LiELF )

I could just see her holding séances whilst her cats/familiars prowl around hissing at the ghosts.

Oh yeah! People made some great Familiars in that thread! My Widderkin (and some others) are all up on the Gallery if you want to use any of them.
    #Team Occult