Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My no death by fear rant

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They do have to program in the death - and emotional deaths give ghosts powers, like starting fires or leaving puddles everywhere. So I dare say a fear death will be programmed in given a little time. I mean, Guidry is Pink, so you know he died of Woo-Hoo.

I believe you can get yourself killed during a Seance if things go badly, but it's not specifically a Fear death just yet.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    i disagree with what is said in this post they should of keep for this pack the tense emotion as a player of the sims4 thats what i think i see no use of adding a fear scare emotion in the game

But why not? Is it because you want ts4 to feel like safe space? You find it unpleasant that sims may feel fear? I'm just curious.

to answer your question i think fear do not relly fit in the game but thats my tough i think a simple tense moddlet would be more then enough

This is totally going to be the singular person that the Devs nerf the emotion of Fear for when they complain that they don't like that their Sims are scared of Vampires or Skeletons.

I dont think its fair to jump on a person just because they have a different opinion. I mean I havent seem them spamming a campaign to get something removed?? If the devs remove stuff easily to satisfy a small minioritys wish thats really who you should be upset at.

I have. But I've been around for a long time.

I meant this specific user calling for this specific removal
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2021
    IceyJ wrote: »
    i disagree with what is said in this post they should of keep for this pack the tense emotion as a player of the sims4 thats what i think i see no use of adding a fear scare emotion in the game

But why not? Is it because you want ts4 to feel like safe space? You find it unpleasant that sims may feel fear? I'm just curious.

to answer your question i think fear do not relly fit in the game but thats my tough i think a simple tense moddlet would be more then enough

This is totally going to be the singular person that the Devs nerf the emotion of Fear for when they complain that they don't like that their Sims are scared of Vampires or Skeletons.

I dont think its fair to jump on a person just because they have a different opinion. I mean I havent seem them spamming a campaign to get something removed?? If the devs remove stuff easily to satisfy a small minioritys wish thats really who you should be upset at.

I have. But I've been around for a long time.

I meant this specific user calling for this specific removal

I just meant this specific user. I don't believe he was jumped on, either, considering his history.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Didn't realize it had been confirmed, interesting to know. I go back and forth on it myself. I see the appeal of wanting it to be a thing, but I also have misgivings about the emotion system and its design. The problem with any emotion death is it means having a high level of the mood is a risk that needs to be managed in gameplay. It also means you can't do extreme emotions for the sake of them, unless you also program in exclusions, or you're just pushing near certain death on sims.

Possibly a better way to design the system would be to have a kind(s) of death related to an emotion and certain actions or circumstances, and then those actions or circumstances are way more likely to trigger a death if the emotion is very high. Rather than the emotion being very high being the trigger itself. As an example of what I mean, you could craft certain kinds of situations, like say snowboarding down a harder slope can result in possible death if you're very scared (and also impacted by snowboarding skill level).

I think that kind of thing could be more interesting than an ongoing % chance that's tied to being in a heightened emotional state, no matter what the sim is doing.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Every emotion should have a death related, if you are trapped in it for too long.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I wouldn't want my Sims to be suddenly scared to death. I can imagine the fury of some Simmers being taken by surprise if that happened to their first try experiencing a haunted house. A gradual build-up with warnings of danger ahead if you go too far would be kinder.

If it was added, maybe advice to get the brave trait would be in order to prevent it.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I wouldn't want my Sims to be suddenly scared to death. I can imagine the fury of some Simmers being taken by surprise if that happened to their first try experiencing a haunted house. A gradual build-up with warnings of danger ahead if you go too far would be kinder.

If it was added, maybe advice to get the brave trait would be in order to prevent it.

We have a gradual build up built into the emotional death system. Each emotion has 3 stages with the final one being deadly if you ignore it too long.
    We shall see when the live stream airs, (well I wont, I dont want spoilers), how scary the haunted houses are. I hope they are just waiting to add it once they are sure they got the balance right. As with any other emotion I'm expecting ways to calm down, whether it's a pep talk in the mirror or leaving the house for a breather outside.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Every emotion should have a death related, if you are trapped in it for too long.

ah yes, Death by Happyness! it would certainly kill many a sim..
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    question why is everyone so focus on death? in the sims game when as a player the way i see this is to focus on life and also as a player but thats me and how i am see nopoint on death by emotion and i am not speaking of removal just that as a player i see no point on death by emotio no players of the sims 4 are the same
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    question why is everyone so focus on death? in the sims game when as a player the way i see this is to focus on life and also as a player but thats me and how i am see nopoint on death by emotion and i am not speaking of removal just that as a player i see no point on death by emotio no players of the sims 4 are the same

Life is death. Life is the process of dying. Without death, you can't have life. That's the realistic answer.
    And yes no players are the same :) In my game, Im god. And if I want that sim dead, they're dying.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

You answered your own question. "No players of the Sims 4 are the same".

That means other people want to play differently than you do. Some people like to focus on chaos, some like to focus on Vampires and the Occult, some like to focus on families. Every player, therefore, has certain tools they need in the game to fulfill their play styles. For you, it was laundry. I personally have no need for laundry, I need fear instead, because of the way I play. Some others like to kill their sims or play Ghosts so they need different death types. All needs are equal. All players are equal. Not all players need to play with all features. This also means we all need to find our own ways to not use the features we don't want, so everyone can have what they need to enjoy their game. :)
    #Team Occult
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    @friendlysimmers I like a bit of danger in the game, it makes it more interesting if you don't always know what is going to happen.

Alas, there is no real danger in this game, it's far too frilly, but the risk of death occasionally (albeit a very tiny risk) can make taking care of your sims a more worthwhile task.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    They recently nerfed emotional deaths... right before I tried to intentionally kill Brytani Cho with hysteria. It would have been perfect for the story and rid me of one of the most annoying sims in the game... but it was nearly impossible. So if scaring to death was as likely as the current emotional deaths it really shouldn't hurt the average player if they pay any attention to their sims at all. It should definitely be a thing. Maybe it could come with the werewolf pack.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    What's the point of adding fear if it's a pointless emotion with no consequences? So that sim is scared of my vampire, big deal. If my vampire wants to kill a sim with emotion he's going to have to.. humiliate them to death or worse, make them laugh to death? Really? Big bad scary vampire that just drank the plasma of your friend and he can't scare you to death?

I want to lock sims in a Haunted House and cause mass hysteria. I want all the badly dressed townies and those awful intruding celebrities suffering until the terror becomes too much.

Death by every common emotion except fear makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

Hope you weren't expecting a reasoned argument when you opened this thread. I needed to just get this off my chest.

I completely agree with you on this so rant away :)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    What's the point of adding fear if it's a pointless emotion with no consequences? So that sim is scared of my vampire, big deal. If my vampire wants to kill a sim with emotion he's going to have to.. humiliate them to death or worse, make them laugh to death? Really? Big bad scary vampire that just drank the plasma of your friend and he can't scare you to death?

I want to lock sims in a Haunted House and cause mass hysteria. I want all the badly dressed townies and those awful intruding celebrities suffering until the terror becomes too much.

Death by every common emotion except fear makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

Hope you weren't expecting a reasoned argument when you opened this thread. I needed to just get this off my chest.

Turns out the vampire can't even scare them at all, let alone to death. What a missed opportunity.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »

Lol if they added death by happiness, maybe then they'd have to actually balance how over the top happiness is. :tongue:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

For me aging in the sims is the thing i can't play without. Both if im playing one legacy or rotational, i'm always playing generationally. Death needs to happen in my game. And because it needs to happen i need some variety. Not all my sims will die of old age... it'ld be very repetitive. But like you said, we're not all the same :)

Turns out the vampire can't even scare them at all, let alone to death. What a missed opportunity.

I am going have to try and mod that fear back in somehow with my vamps if that's the case which is kinda silly given we were supposed to get this brilliant new fear emotion. To people complaining about the trait possibly becoming overwhelming there is always a way around everything in this game if you look for it. I remember being totally overwhelmed by sims ordinary emotions being all over the place when I first started playing S4 but I learned more about it and got around it so I don't think it's going to interfere. I love realism and supernatural gameplay and can play both in my own game without one messing around with the other..

Oh and reading some of your comments about how you all want to scare and terrify your sims to death makes me thankful I am not actually one of your neighbors in RL :D
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    RavenSpit wrote: »

Lol if they added death by happiness, maybe then they'd have to actually balance how over the top happiness is. :tongue:

Congratulations Sir or Madame you have figured out the point I was trying to make ;)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

I am going have to try and mod that fear back in somehow with my vamps if that's the case which is kinda silly given we were supposed to get this brilliant new fear emotion. To people complaining about the trait possibly becoming overwhelming there is always a way around everything in this game if you look for it. I remember being totally overwhelmed by sims ordinary emotions being all over the place when I first started playing S4 but I learned more about it and got around it so I don't think it's going to interfere. I love realism and supernatural gameplay and can play both in my own game without one messing around with the other..

Oh and reading some of your comments about how you all want to scare and terrify your sims to death makes me thankful I am not actually one of your neighbors in RL :D

I mentioned it on Zer0s discord. If anyone can improve this for our poor neglected occults, then they can. And lol, my neighbours should be extremely grateful I have an extreme aversion irl to conflict :)
    @CelSims

So just to clarify are you saying that if our poor vamps don't get the love and attention they deserve with this pack we have some hope of ZerOs taking up the mantle? I hope so i love her/his mods anyway :)

Funny then our aversion to to RL violence obviously spills over into our games as a form of therapy :)
    @CelSims

So just to clarify are you saying that if our poor vamps don't get the love and attention they deserve with this pack we have some hope of ZerOs taking up the mantle? I hope so i love her/his mods anyway :)

Funny then our aversion to to RL violence obviously spills over into our games as a form of therapy :)

I don't know, I'm just hoping. Their mods have literally made this a different game for me. I hope some one will mod in fear death too.
  • YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    Huh? What, they can't die from fear? It's such an obvious thing to add that I assumed they could. This is disappointing :(
    Why is there so many things left out in the sims 4? It happens with every pack.
    @CelSims

I am going to keep my eye out then too because I think we are going to need something by the look of it..

@Yinala

I know I feel the same way but then I always get the pack because there are some elements of whatever it it I want to play and I think they know that about us lol
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited January 2021
    This seems like such an easy thing to add in. They honestly could have just reused the animations from Death by Embarrassment and called it a day. And it would have been fun to moderate your sims fear so they don't die. Or intentionally scare random townies to death... ;)
    I don't know what the reasoning behind this decision was. Did they think it was too triggering? It's bizarre :/