Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My no death by fear rant

Comments

• ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Very little point indeed. I really wanted to make a haunted death mansion. I keep aging off a lot of the time and I'm always wanting more ways to kill off sims for pop control.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    I hope they add it later. If all these angry ghosts got the ability to scare my Sims to death, I'd feel really motivated to protect myself from them. Make evil ghosts 'scary scary', not annoyingly scary.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i disagree with what is said in this post they should of keep for this pack the tense emotion as a player of the sims4 thats what i think i see no use of adding a fear scare emotion in the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    i disagree with what is said in this post they should of keep for this pack the tense emotion as a player of the sims4 thats what i think i see no use of adding a fear scare emotion in the game

But why not? Is it because you want ts4 to feel like safe space? You find it unpleasant that sims may feel fear? I'm just curious.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

But the tense emotion will still be there. The thing was that s lot of features that would trigger fear irl are now triggering the tense emotion and it doesn't make sense.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

So you like to play fantasy and are not a realism player? Fear is an integral part of the human experience. Everyone has felt it unless they have a medical condition. Remember, without adversity and challenges, humans do not grow either as an individual or a species.

This thread is also not for debating if fear should have been introduced at all. It's BEING introduced, enjoy a little slice of realism :)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make sense. The haunted houses are dangerous enough to cause death in the game. That's frightening. In real life, haunted houses cause fear and terror in people. The Tense emotion in the game works more like frustration so it doesn't reflect the appropriate emotion and wouldn't make sense anyway.

If you don't like the Scared emotion, give your Sims the Brave reward trait and it will reduce the fear in your game. That's why the devs are including it, for players like yourself who don't want their Sims to be afraid.

But we are getting the Scared emotion. It's already been developed, many players have asked for it, and many people are looking forward to it.
    #Team Occult
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @Aeroprincess87 Sims can’t die from sadness; just anger, laughter/playfulness and embarrassment.

Yeah I just realized that. Well it would make more sense than laughing oneself to death.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Aeroprincess87 Sims can’t die from sadness; just anger, laughter/playfulness and embarrassment.

i think sims should have the chance to die by fear & sadness.
    highly doubt sims will ever die of sadness on ts4 but i think we may eventually get death by fright, as it was already a thing back in sims 2. perhaps devs ran out of budget to make it now but this new emotion opens the door for more ideas.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Awww there just has to be sims getting scared to death. It's a necessity! Where's the fun in locking your annoying neighbour in your haunted basement if they can't be frightened to death?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member

But why not? Is it because you want ts4 to feel like safe space? You find it unpleasant that sims may feel fear? I'm just curious.

to answer your question i think fear do not relly fit in the game but thats my tough i think a simple tense moddlet would be more then enough
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

to answer your question i think fear do not relly fit in the game but thats my tough i think a simple tense moddlet would be more then enough

This is totally going to be the singular person that the Devs nerf the emotion of Fear for when they complain that they don't like that their Sims are scared of Vampires or Skeletons.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »

This is totally going to be the singular person that the Devs nerf the emotion of Fear for when they complain that they don't like that their Sims are scared of Vampires or Skeletons.

Could you please explain how tense is more than enough? You don't think sims would feel fear when they have a phobia? You think when I see a wasp I simply think, 'gosh I'm a bit tense'? Or do you think I run round like a mad woman screaming that the world is about to end?
    It's the latter by the way :D
    Upon seeing the Grim Reaper or a ghost, or a vampire or a skeleton, do you think maybe a teeny bit of fear might be felt by the average person?
    Aren't you scared in a thunderstorm?

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Awww there just has to be sims getting scared to death. It's a necessity! Where's the fun in locking your annoying neighbour in your haunted basement if they can't be frightened to death?

That's a nice start, but I'm waiting for someone to mod in "scared to death" if EA won't...because someone's going to make the Saw movies in-game and I for one can't wait to see them.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited January 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    I want all the badly dressed townies and those awful intruding celebrities suffering until the terror becomes too much.

me too, honey. Me too....
    which just doesnt make sense to me at all...dying from embarrassment?
    Anger ok=heartattack, laughter ok its quirky but embarrassment? I dont get it...
    meanwhile "scared to death" makes all the sense in the world and beyond!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2021

I dont think its fair to jump on a person just because they have a different opinion. I mean I havent seem them spamming a campaign to get something removed?? If the devs remove stuff easily to satisfy a small minioritys wish thats really who you should be upset at.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Fair enough! Thanks 😌
    I know many players like the colorful happy vibe ts4 has going on.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited January 2021
    I dont want my sims randomly dying from fright unless i purposely caused it . I have no confidence that they would be able to incorporate it into the game properly . The same as toddlers wake up almost every single night because they have a bad dream . Or the way every single sim is terrified of thunderstorms unless you get the potion to cancel it
    I dont want my sims randomly dying from fright unless i purposely caused it . I have no confidence that they would be able to incorporate it into the game properly . The same as toddlers wake up almost every single night because they have a bad dream . Or the way every single sim is terrified of thunderstorms unless you get the potion to cancel it

Emotional deaths don't happen randomly. You have to completely ignore the first two stages and then catch the last stage too late for them to die. I never have emotional deaths thanks to these 3 steps before its happens. Well none to my played sims, I cause them to townies all the time on purpose.
    'Purposely caused it', when talking about played characters sucks all spontaneity out of the game and for some that is not fun. When there are steps you can take to prevent something, that already counts to me as purposeful if it happens.

Toddlers chance of a nightmare is very much reduced by having a sim use the 'tuck in' interaction. Again, there are in game ways provided to prevent things.

I too wish one of the hidden weather preferences for our sims included thunderstorms. I personally love them. Again, as you mention, there is a cheap and easy way to get rid of it. Much like the new 'brave' reward in the store will make sims less likely to get really scared.

The tools are there for people who don't want deaths to prevent them.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    As excellent as everything about this pack and update seems to be I was genuinely surprised that Scared to Death is not in. In fact, I would have bet money on it being in with as many things as Conor and team got right. To be fair, I've only had a handful of emotional deaths anyway but I still like the possibility.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I hope that they do add scaring to death later if it is not in. Any of the emotion deaths in the game are not easy to get and hardly ever happen randomly (I think I have seen two sims freeze to death and one overcharge death in about five years of playing the game). Being scared to death should be hard, but it should be possible.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I dont think its fair to jump on a person just because they have a different opinion. I mean I havent seem them spamming a campaign to get something removed?? If the devs remove stuff easily to satisfy a small minioritys wish thats really who you should be upset at.

I have. But I've been around for a long time.
  • boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    I think you are all right, they should die from sadness or fear.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm thinking/hoping we get it later on. Unless this is one of the things that fall through the cracks.
    Lobbying for a death type that actual exists in our world.. does this make me a realism player?
    Ghosts and the paranormal exist in real life. So in the end, are we not all realism players?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm thinking/hoping we get it later on. Unless this is one of the things that fall through the cracks.
    Lobbying for a death type that actual exists in our world.. does this make me a realism player?
    Ghosts and the paranormal exist in real life. So in the end, are we not all realism players?

Ha I've often thought along the same lines.

I'm fearful they pre-nerfed it by not including Death By intentionally.