This is just a FYI post for those who may have to tie their game (TS2UC) to Origin at some date in the future. When I switched from my five year old failing pc to a new one I missed my TS2UC so much I had to reinstall Origin to be able to play my saved games (now) that were not tied to Origin since 2014. Right away I noticed how the 'new patch' which is already there if you download the TS2UC from Origin now, was 'different'.
The following bugs appeared after putting back in my saved games from all the way back in 2014 when we were given the complete game which didn't require we log in or keep Origin on pc, or having to keep Origin installed. These are what I have been playing for several years of the TS2UC.
1. Plates disappear on some lots. Not all lots, but enough to be annoying and noticeable. Sometimes green fumes can be seen but nothing on the table, counter or floor. (Stuck hidden items). Sometimes moving the table may reveal a dirty tv tray food item etc.
2. Plates in some cases that were going to be cleaned by a Sim but got cancelled or interrupted remain non selectable if that happens. Only the Sim that was going to clean it up can clean it up. This is separate from #1.
3. Different types of jump bugs. Example: Command a Sim to fix a toaster pastry and they may jump out of action (if distracted by clean counter) and the stove door may remain open but no toaster pastry to be removed and have to do the command again. (so the stove door will close) and or the pan may be left on the lot in some cases without any food in it. Which is movable.
4. Sims at restaurants steal more food. It depends on if there are enough tables to house everyone hanging out. Granted this was not a problem before having to tie Origin to my saves. (Having to log in (even if offline) to Origin). On one outing Sims stole the food of my Sims eating out more than once in one sitting.
5. Maids not showing up. This happened quiet a few times at different homes. This was not a problem before downloading the newly patched TS2UC from the tie in to Origin.
6. Repair workers not showing up either on a few different lots.
7. Sims again (old bug) not following commands such as 'have lunch' they set down the plate after fixing it without eating it.
8. Sims don't follow through on some commands such as when dealing with stoves and may not do the command but do something else.
9. Call to Meal missing while Sims are carrying the plate. I know this was removed years ago but I still had it for some reason before tying this save to Origin.
10. Many more things I noticed but have slipped my mind.
Note: This was the games/hoods I have been working on, playing since the release of TS2UC in 2014 that was not tied to Origin. As I have stated before, I uninstalled Origin in 2017. Origin left behind the Origin game files which included my TS2UC which was perfectly legal for me to continue to play since it was not tied to EA's Origin. That was nice of them.
However, if you install TS2UC today, it is tied to Origin log in. You can log in off line however, you may see more bugs you didn't have when you put back in your saves. This has nothing to do with those who accidently allowed Origin to update TS2UC and tie it to Origin. In my opinion these are bugs that exist in the newly tied to Origin game if you install it today.
Yes, some of these could be cc related, however, each and every one of the things I listed were old bugs when the game was current and were patched way back, and seem to be present in the version Origin has for download if you start out fresh with the current download of Origin and TS2UC at this point in time.
This was just a FYI of how buggy tying Origin to my saved TS2UC turned out to be on a fresh install of Origin on a diff pc and putting back in my saved TS2UC from my old pc.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1