Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3 WORLDS: AN INTERACTIVE GAME SHOW

Comments

• TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Woo woo! Smarties in the house!!
    edited January 2021
    What mods do other TS4 hosts recommend? Shadami told me about the one that allows for more than 8, so that was very helpful to know :p
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    If you care about being able to set relationship levels easily, ui extender is also a nice one. But yeah mccc is pretty thorough for doing things.

If you want specific posing mods and such though, I can't help with that. :3 it helps with getting sims to certain spots and doing modded poses. But I just use testingcheats on and shift click teleport here. (If they're sitting, cancel out the sitting action or they'll be "I'm to lazy to teleport")
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited January 2021
    Posing is quite hard in TS4. You also can't move sims like you could in buy/build modes, so it makes getting them in place a hassle sometimes. I did at one point have a pose/animation player but it stopped working and I never went looking for another one. But it was super helpful in making sims do specific poses in places they can't usually.

@Turner also using MCCC you should be able to change people's traits. Give everyone the erratic trait so they can talk to themselves. Helps when you need them talking but they're not in range of another sim or if they're by themselves (DRE/The Host/Monologuing) :3
    edited January 2021
    Alright! The following people have had their idea approved, and can begin working on the application:
    Haylo
    Alleen
    Vul
    Jake
    Shadami
    Princess
    Ninja
    Twiddle

As for the others, please don't fill out this application until I've approved of your character idea. Just want to ensure we have good diversity. :)

APPLICATION:
    1) Sim Name:
    2) Age:
    3) Tagline: *
    4) Description: **
    5) Introduction: ***
    6) OPTIONAL: preferred world you and/or your character wants to start in: Tribe (Survivor), Village (Big Brother), City (Mole)

(And if your sim is already made, a way for me to find your sim in the gallery. You can use #3WORLDS, or else just tell me your Origin ID)

*This is a 2-4 word label that sums up who they are. (Examples: The Bubbly Blonde Bimbo, The Protective Father Figure, The Soulful Surfer)
    **This should obviously be quite long. It should include everything there is to the character.
    ***This is an introduction to the camera/audience, not the other players, so you can have them say whatever. Doesn't need to be an essay long, but should be more than a sentence. A paragraph should do the trick. :)

Post edited by Turner on
    Stating your preferred world doesn't guarantee anything, it's mostly just for me to know. If there's a 4-4-4 even split then that's perfect, but I doubt that'll happen lol, so we'll likely randomize a list and have everyone choose one at a time.

But where you start out doesn't really mean a whole lot, seeing as with only 12 players, the worlds will merge very early on.

And just as a warning :D if your sim starts in the tribe, they will be subject to wearing their swimming outfit often and may get green face paint.
    Shadami wrote: »
    If you care about being able to set relationship levels easily, ui extender is also a nice one. But yeah mccc is pretty thorough for doing things.

If you want specific posing mods and such though, I can't help with that. :3 it helps with getting sims to certain spots and doing modded poses. But I just use testingcheats on and shift click teleport here. (If they're sitting, cancel out the sitting action or they'll be "I'm to lazy to teleport")
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Posing is quite hard in TS4. You also can't move sims like you could in buy/build modes, so it makes getting them in place a hassle sometimes. I did at one point have a pose/animation player but it stopped working and I never went looking for another one. But it was super helpful in making sims do specific poses in places they can't usually.

@Turner also using MCCC you should be able to change people's traits. Give everyone the erratic trait so they can talk to themselves. Helps when you need them talking but they're not in range of another sim or if they're by themselves (DRE/The Host/Monologuing) :3

oooooh this is all very helpful information, thank you both!!!
  • ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    Allllllllll done :smiley:
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif
  • Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    Hi I've played some ORG's in the past, but never really forum based (mainly discord). Will submit a character idea soon but just want to know are these challenges going to be forum based or sims based? From what I can understand we make a character (and if we get accepted) you use that character to like make a video of what happens in the game? If that makes any sense lol also I'll start coming up with a character idea now lol. Thankyou.
    Turner wrote: »
    APPLICATION

You will be completing real life challenges on this thread and interacting with your castmates through PM.

Nevermind lol I missed this the first time I read
  • Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,005 Member
    APPLICATION

You will be completing real life challenges on this thread and interacting with your castmates through PM.

Hey Emu! Welcome ☺️
    APPLICATION

Hey Emu! Welcome ☺️

Hi! Thankyou :smiley:
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Hiya Emu and welcome! Hope you enjoy playing along :smiley:
    Banner.png
    edited January 2021
    Thankyou :smiley:

EDIT: Also if I get in and make a sim (this question could apply to anyone though), would we be able to use the holiday stuff pack? It's free on origin so I assume it won't be an issue but just wanted to check.
    Post edited by Emusimmer32 on
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited January 2021
    Do you have to fill out apps for both sims?
    BTW, call me Jake.
    edited January 2021
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Do you have to fill out apps for both sims?

No. Just the one I approved, but I think I forgot to tell you which one I decided on lol my bad
    edited January 2021
    APPLICATION

Hey Emu! Just woke up and saw your PM, I'll just go ahead and answer all your questions through there haha
    edited January 2021
    6 applications are in, 6(ish) to go!
    APPLICATION

The fact you chose an emu for your avatar is amazing 👏 🤣
    I should also ask another question.

How "realistic" do you want this show to be?
    BTW, call me Jake.
    edited January 2021
    Also, would five words be alright for the tagline?
    BTW, call me Jake.
    edited January 2021
    I should also ask another question.

How "realistic" do you want this show to be?

Probably pretty realistic. It's moreso set in our universe than the Sims. Think later seasons of the mole
    Also, would five words be alright for the tagline?

Should be fine 🙂
    Over half the cast is lying about their age :lol: everyone pretending to be younger than they are ;)
    Jake, if you keep that avatar, you're gonna have to buy me pizza at some point because it's making me hungry :joy: