January 21: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
January 15 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

How do I Get Promotions Fast?

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,914 Member
edited January 14 in The Sims 2
I need a sim to reach level 5 of the education career before he becomes an elder. He has 16 days until his birthday and he’s still at level 1. How do I get him 4 promotions in 16 days (including weekends)?

Update: According to my calculations, there are ten weekdays left before he becomes an elder, so I need to get one promotion every 2-3 workdays. I’m feeling really discouraged because it’s already been an entire work week and he didn’t get promoted the entire week.
Post edited by Simtown15 on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,189 Member
    Hi :)
    Make sure they have the Skills and Friends they need, then send them to work either in a Great Mood (full needs) or Platinum.
    They can get platinum quickly - a great date will work the fastest because you can take them off lot and time stands still. :)

• PotsaePotsae Posts: 72 Member
    You can "cheat" more days by sending sim to a vacation and use vacation time to improve skills and make friends. Sims don't age during vacations. Plus, after a vacation you can choose a "Industrious" benefit that increases job performance. That is of course if you happen to have Bon Voyage :)
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Use the thinking cap when skilling if your Sim is in the Yellow or Platinum aspiration level. This will increase their skill rate.

Use the energizer as well if in the Yellow or Platinum aspiration level instead of caring for motives that take time to deal with such as hunger if there's no left overs or others to fix food and energy.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 3,311 Member
    Potsae wrote: »
    You can "cheat" more days by sending sim to a vacation and use vacation time to improve skills and make friends. Sims don't age during vacations. Plus, after a vacation you can choose a "Industrious" benefit that increases job performance. That is of course if you happen to have Bon Voyage :)

Hmm... If I remember it correctly, you can't raise skills on community lots unless it's in the college neighborhood or it's hobby secret lot.

If you don't have Bon Voyage, any community lot will do. Use the time there to make more friends. If you want to get skills up faster, fulfill as many wishes as you can until you have 16,000 points and get a Thinking Cap. Wearing this will make your sim learn skills much faster. Just make sure your sim has golden or platinum aspiration bar. And remember that wearing it 24 hours will wear it out and make it useless.
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.