Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Fairies Pack

Comments

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Oh yes! Trickster fairies would be an absolute dream honestly. Although I do tend to view all fae as having a knack for mischief, so I don't really think it needs to be tied to just one type.

Maybe fairies could build the mischief skill faster than other sims? I think it would be a pretty good "perk" that you don't have to purchase via points and would not only help make them feel like a unique life state, but also relate to the actual lore surrounding them.
    one of those premade households better have human adults raising a fairy child like the myths involving changelings

Actually, this might be a good way to incorporate changelings into the game. I don't think sims would go as dark as having the babies actually stolen and replaced, but having a purely human couple raising a fairy child with the implication that they're a changeling could work.
  • AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    AzukiMochi wrote: »
    @MeowchaFrappe Yeah, and I may consider contacting EA directly to at least take a look at this, and all of our ideas. People have done this before with things like store products such as Crystal Pepsi and were successful (at least to a point). I'm theorizing that if we do the same collectively as fans, we might finally be able to convince EA. I think the best thing we can do is show our love for the Sims 4 and faeries to the point where it's clearly noticeable to them. I definitely believe this will be a team effort. We're all capable, I know we are. :smile:

Maybe we can try to keep your superhero thread, other desperate threads, and this thread on the first page and near the top as much as we can (though let's not stress ourselves out over it xD). :smile: I think they might eventually get looked at if they are. :smile:

That would actually be really awesome if you wanted to that. A lot of people really seem to want this pack, so if EA actually listened and at least checked out our threads (this one and my superhero thread) we might actually stand a chance at getting the gameplay we'd love to have.

And well, I guess the best way to keep this thread, my superheroes thread, and the werewolf thread would be to just keep talking about possible pack features and pitching ideas.

Maybe even trying to make mock-up characters/samples with CC?

Let's hope we can do it. I know it'll take a lot of effort to get EA to so much as look at this, but the best we can do is try.

So you mean perhaps share pictures of our CC faeries on here as examples? Or am I completely off the mark? xD
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
    @MeowchaFrappe Yeah, and I may consider contacting EA directly to at least take a look at this, and all of our ideas. People have done this before with things like store products such as Crystal Pepsi and were successful (at least to a point). I'm theorizing that if we do the same collectively as fans, we might finally be able to convince EA. I think the best thing we can do is show our love for the Sims 4 and faeries to the point where it's clearly noticeable to them. I definitely believe this will be a team effort. We're all capable, I know we are. :smile:

Maybe we can try to keep your superhero thread, other desperate threads, and this thread on the first page and near the top as much as we can (though let's not stress ourselves out over it xD). :smile: I think they might eventually get looked at if they are. :smile:

That would actually be really awesome if you wanted to that. A lot of people really seem to want this pack, so if EA actually listened and at least checked out our threads (this one and my superhero thread) we might actually stand a chance at getting the gameplay we'd love to have.

And well, I guess the best way to keep this thread, my superheroes thread, and the werewolf thread would be to just keep talking about possible pack features and pitching ideas.

Maybe even trying to make mock-up characters/samples with CC?

Let's hope we can do it. I know it'll take a lot of effort to get EA to so much as look at this, but the best we can do is try.

So you mean perhaps share pictures of our CC faeries on here as examples? Or am I completely off the mark? xD

I know EA is the actual deciding factor as to whether or not the game gets made, but maybe it would be easier to get one of the Gurus to take a look at our ideas? I'm not sure which way would be best, but I defintely think we should try.

And yes! You're right on with what I meant. :)

I'm not sure if having examples would help the thread gain more attention or not, but it's an idea at the very least.

edited January 2021
    @MeowchaFrappe It could show our dedication (and give me an excuse to download the fairy wings CC xD). But asking a guru is definitely something I can do.
    giphy.gif
    edited January 2021
    You know, alongside tree houses, I wonder how Hobbit-like houses would also do with faeries. Or maybe even travel houses that a faery can shrink into like the Sims 3, but this time we can have the option to either follow the faery sim in after a loading screen (and loading back in the original location they settled their tiny house in when they exit) or just let them hang within the tiny garden house and sleep or do whatever like in the Sims 3. Maybe also in different designs too. Alongside the castle and cottage from Sims 3, we could have things like mushrooms, flower bouquets (just work with me here xD), tiny trees (inside the tree trunk), tiny houses made of ice, etc. Just more "naturey" things.

If this ends up becoming a game pack, tiny pixie-sized travel houses that you can actually load inside and decorate could play another big role within the pack.

For example, a tree trunk:

The walls within would look, well, like a tree trunk rather than standard walls you'd see in standard houses. You can't really repaint or retexture the walls, but you can hang stuff like picture frames or other decorations. Same for the floor, while you can put in whichever miniature furniture or other things you want! But perhaps certain faery houses have certain risks. If something catches on fire, the tree trunk house would be much more flammable due to it being made of wood (i.e. the flames would spread much faster), and you could risk destroying it if not controlled fast. Firefighters aren't an option as they can't shrink like faeries do. That would be when a water ability for your fae could really come in handy.

Or if you put an ice house outside in the sun on a warm day, it'll eventually start to melt, destroying it, and so on for other types of faery houses.

I mean yes, a faery could live in an ordinary sims house if they desired, but I think having a mini travel house that you can customize the inside of would be immersive and frankly a lot of fun! :lol:
    giphy.gif
    @MeowchaFrappe It could show our dedication (and give me an excuse to download the fairy wings CC xD). But asking a guru is definitely something I can do.

That is very true. And well, I've been trying to develop and original story involving different types of fae for awhile now anyway, sooo I kind of have an excuse too. xD

But yes, that would be great if you could honestly! Thank you. I feel Conor or Ninja might be the best ones to try and get a hold of, since they tend to reply to people the most. Whether or not they're the ones who could potentially work on the pack, I feel it'd be easiest to get their attention at least. Unless you think it'd be better to go Graham or someone else?
    Well when I was having issues with my account on here, Leeloo's the one who helped, and our channel is still open. I already sent a request to her, but if it doesn't work out with her, I can resort to the other gurus you mentioned.
    giphy.gif
    Well when I was having issues with my account on here, Leeloo's the one who helped, and our channel is still open. I already sent a request to her, but if it doesn't work out with her, I can resort to the other gurus you mentioned.

Oh, nice. She does seem rather responsive to threads on here when there are issues, so I think Leeloo is probably a good way to go about it. Thanks for contacting her.

And interesting ideas regarding the houses! It could be quite fun.
    edited January 2021
    You're welcome. If you need anything else, let me know. :smile:

Thank you :blush:
    Just something new. I think I more of thought of it as I typed. xD

Edit
    I decided to contact three of the gurus as well. Let's cross our fingers!
    Post edited by AzukiMochi on
    giphy.gif
    Hm, I've got a simple but unique CAS idea. What if we added antlers as a hat for faeries (to go along with more modern mythology), along with flower crowns, wreaths, etc?
    giphy.gif
    Hm, I've got a simple but unique CAS idea. What if we added antlers as a hat for faeries (to go along with more modern mythology), along with flower crowns, wreaths, etc?

Ooh. I am liking those ideas for CAS. I've always wanted more flower crowns not attached to hairstyles. And this would honestly be the perfect pack to introduce some I feel. And the antlers would indeed be a unique addition. Maybe there could even be a hat that has both antlers & a flower crown as one piece. So: flower crowns separately, antlers separately, and a combined piece.
    Good one! :smile:

Another one could also be vines or other accessories for their bodies. Maybe vines as tattoos? Or physical vines as separate accessories, so you can have as much or as little as you want (arms, legs, body, something like that).
    giphy.gif
    Ooh, that could work out nicely too. Like maybe there could be arm vine accessories (like the whole arm) categorized as bracelets and maybe just like smaller upper arm vines too. Some ankle vines as socks? And full leg vines as stockings maybe? I defintely think vines would be a great idea though.
    edited January 2021
    Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking. :wink: lol

Trying to think of other things as well... either more CAS or build/buy stuff. I think we've pretty much exhausted our ideas on their abilities, unless you or other people can come up with something we haven't thought of yet. lol
    giphy.gif
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've been missing fairies so much, I started playing TS3 again. I've been hopeful with every pack we've been getting the last 3,5 years, but alas...

So many awesome ideas in this thread, I hope they will read and listen. Its the ONE thing that's missing in TS4 for me.
    edited January 2021
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I've been missing fairies so much, I started playing TS3 again. I've been hopeful with every pack we've been getting the last 3,5 years, but alas...

So many awesome ideas in this thread, I hope they will read and listen. Its the ONE thing that's missing in TS4 for me.

@Kathykins Well, we're actually looking for some volunteer help on contacting the gurus and devs themselves to take a look at this thread and another thread we're working together with (superheros and villains from MeowchaFrappe). We could use as much help as we can get. Would you be interested? Mainly it's just sending a message to the gurus directly.
    giphy.gif
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited January 2021
    another Cas Item would be leaf clothes including underwear and bathing suits, maybe removable wings, after all elves are basically wingless fairies. EDIT: the leaf clothes would also be useful for Plant Sims, even fake plant sims (Normal sims with green skin and hair)
    edited January 2021
    Well, maybe instead of the wings being a removable accessory, they can be a separate category for fairy occults? (like mermaids have a tail section) with the option to select no wings? That way we could create elves but the wings would still be a real part of the fae anatomy. Instead of just accessories?

But I do like the idea of leaf clothes. That actually reminds me of a leaf and flower dress I came across before. I always thought it had a lot of faerie (or plant sim I suppose)
    7b5092a64720e731fda7e4897e0a0b48.jpg

Oh wow, I love that dress... :open_mouth:
    giphy.gif
    edited January 2021
    Well, here's mine. :tongue:

141545996_448527202851153_8815493494248491115_n.png?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=LvH7w3XYKx8AX_KyuL2&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=7ba0cbcbfcff4ae862a51ff618aed2d6&oe=6030C753

141846704_1133446033775385_7294542926151038909_n.png?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=Lwt6P5ET4nkAX_dxkjA&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=e58f15c803f55dd1ca57fa0a5f7a4a53&oe=6032C984

The pictures were enhanced. :tongue:
    giphy.gif
    edited January 2021
    Oh wow! That's a really beautiful fae! :heart:

I actually just started looking for some CC myself. So I hope to get a picture up soon.

But yes! I thought the dress looked great!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

@Kathykins Well, we're actually looking for some volunteer help on contacting the gurus and devs themselves to take a look at this thread and another thread we're working together with (superheros and villains from MeowchaFrappe). We could use as much help as we can get. Would you be interested? Mainly it's just sending a message to the gurus directly.

I'm not sure what I can do to help, I don't have accounts on other social media except Facebook, and I hardly ever go there. Its not a place I use for game stuff (or anything, lately). I don't use Twitter, which I understand is a prefered platform for the Gurus.

Is there a list of Gurus some place, and do we know if any of them actually visit the forum anymore?
    @MeowchaFrappe Thanks :lol:
    I look forward to seeing yours!

@Kathykins You can message them directly on this website. You have to go into your inbox and create a new message, then type "simguru" followed by their name to search for each guru on here, then send a message to them of your choice.

Now you certainly don't have to, I'm not going to force you or anyone, but if you do, I'd feel better if you kept it respectable, polite, kind, and don't mention any flaws to them. Definitely don't harass them (I'll never support harassment).
    giphy.gif
    @AzukiMochi Haha, thanks. Hopefully I can do it today. I just wasn't able to find anything I liked last night.

@Kathykins That's what I did as well. I'm not sure if there's a list anywhere regarding who still checks the fourms and what not.
    @MeowchaFrappe Well there's no pressure. You certainly don't have to if you don't want to, I'm mainly going by your suggestion from earlier. xD
    giphy.gif