Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you tried to make occults that haven't been added to ts4 yet?

bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
since the new pack i've been wondering about next occults we may get on the game, and i was thinking about fairies, werewolves, zombies, imaginary friends, dragons, genies, etc given they've been on the game before but also other occults people can come up with.

for example i'll start with my current pfp, i tried to make the little fairy from Sylvan Glade into a sim

50829379568_b7a0eab793_n.jpg

i would love if people posts here their try on past occults that are not yet on the game & also new ones like angels, demons, elves, anything

Comments

• JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Funny you say that, I was lowkey thinking of what the human version of some werewolves and fairies could possibly look like in my story just for kicks.
  • AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    Well I haven't formally made too many attempts (I did download a fairy gameplay mod once, but it's outdated and decommissioned somewhat I think). I seem to have this thing where I prefer not to play make-believe as a supernatural race until the official one has been released from EA/Maxis. I used to in the Sims 2, and a little bit in the Sims 3 but I've mostly gone off that. That being said, playing as a spellcaster with custom fairy wings could probably do at least some favors for make-believe until (or if) they release the real thing. I mean if I get desperate, odds are I'll end up just downloading custom fairy wings and doing just that. They do have some beautiful wings on the web.

Since they have fairies as familiars for spellcasters, I wonder how the lore is going to work out, if they add any at all. I know we have them as familiars, but I think it'd be more worth it to also just add them as a playable life state in the game.

I've posted it several times, but I am pretty desperate for playable fairy sims to finally make an official appearance. Alongside mermaids, they're my favorite mythological beings (you can imagine how excited I got when they were getting ready to release Island Paradise lol). Not just said familiars.

Absolutely beautiful image of your fairy, btw! I really love how those wings look. Which world was this screenshot taken in? It looks like the hidden world within Willow Creek, am I correct?
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2021
    This is my wolf in human form.

50717033883_718884a530_b.jpg

Two of my mannequins.

50693368978_7c5416e73a_b.jpg

My llama in human form.

50623420821_1842f645aa_b.jpg

One of my dogs in human form.

49903038898_621bfe1514_b.jpg

An android (and a human half human).

50816550992_3e52bcbed9_b.jpg

Chelsea learned fairy magic via this fairy tree.

50552970228_19d80f0421_b.jpg

An earlier version of my Wookie.

50322686872_f7e6d96472_b.jpg

If my computer were working, I would be creating a human Porg right now!
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    @AzukiMochi thank you! i think we downloaded the same mod by Nyx (now he's named Neil i think) but he said he removed the fairy, genie & mermaid mods cuz these were giving too many errors and he didn't want to focus on them yet, or this is what i read somewhere.

yeah i totally understand what you mean about the playing pretend, there are many amazing mods out there but nothing beats the real thing, like the fear emotion, the mod is great but man i can't help it i'm still excited for the canon fear emotion that devs announced lol

hmm i dunno either what devs planned with fairies but hopefully they get added to the game as playable occults too. though, i kinda doubt they'll get a full gameplay like vampires but i'm sure they will look just beautiful regardless (like mermaids, they look great but i would have loved a bit more gameplay, they have so much potential) i also thought about the spellcaster state with fairies, mostly for the glitter & sparkly animations.

by the way the wings on the screenshot (yep the pic is from Sylvan Glade, the hidden Willow's Creek world) are here, if you want to check them out :)https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-accessories-female-hats/title/s-club-ll-ts4-wings-202001/id/1476806/

@Rouensims your sims are very creative! i love the werewolf, @Jerrello there you have a humanlike werewolf
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I only play vanilla, however I've made a Vampire "Werewolf" & a Spellcaster "Fairy" in one of my households.
    They are saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've been holding back on creating anything that might come to the game eventually (just to make my life easier really I'll make them if we get the occults)

but I've made kitsune yokai family for Mt.K cause we all know they ain't adding that

might convert them to some actual occult but I haven't quite decided which is most fitting and if we get better fit later id just add that so for now they are humans
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Love this thread! It's so great to see other people's creatures, I love them! <3

I made a thread to share a lot of my own "creatures" for the Spark'd challenge in that section, so I'll just link that thread here because there's a lot of them. I continue to tweak some of them here and there as I add packs or think they need improvement.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983304/my-creature-creation-entries/p1

#Team Occult
    @Rouensims, I love the imagination, talent, and creativity you've got going there! The cyborg actually looks like fun, with or without vanilla addons!

@bella_goth Yeah I thought so. I actually did get to play a little bit of Nyx's fairy mod, and I greatly commend his efforts, but I just could never get fully established into it. Like you said, it can't beat the real thing. :P

Yeah I agree with you, that as much as I'd like a perk tree, the odds of it happening are on the somewhat slimmer side, after spending too much of my quiet time brooding about it a while ago. xD If they don't get a perk tree, it'd be cool to see them included within an EP, like mermaids were. And despite the mermaids not having too many things in the way of powers, the powers they do have are fun and have a lot of role play opportunities. ;) I also have a mod that extends mermaid gameplay, so that adds to it I think. But even without, it's still a lot of fun! (I'll play supernatural mods if they enhance the vanilla supernatural life state, just not ones that add life states from scratch anymore, as much as I admire their efforts.)

I'm on a similar boat! I love glitter, I love sparkle, I love lights. xD That would get me doing it if or when I get desperate. xD

Ah thank you! I'll see about getting them if there are no fairy packs coming out anytime soon. :) They're absolutely gorgeous!

@SERVERFRA I might take a look :). Thanks for letting us know!
    giphy.gif
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I used CC orc tusks and green skin to make orcs. Later generations also have elf ears and different noses. I made a whole tribe that lives in a forest in Glimmerbrook.

Wy6gjVK.png
    Here's a dude with his half-orc son.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    @Gordy Orcs? Like from the Elder Scrolls? I like that race. ;)
    giphy.gif
    @AzukiMochi a perks tree for fairies would be soo great. we could get nature fairies, kinda like nymphs, they could have a special element like water, air, fire, etc, and also auras, i'd really love something like this for example. of course lots of fairy glitter & sparkles is a must hahaha
    by the way which mod is the mermaids enhancer one?? i know there was one about sea witches & stuff but is it updated?

@LiELF whoaa you're very creative, will follow you on the gallery if you don't mind!

@Gordy the pic is adorable but as i saw your name & glanced at the green sim for a second my mind was like: ohh he humanified a dragon lol
    @bella_goth Yeah I share a lot of those ideas! My own idea is for the owners of Seasons to also get special abilities as an extension to it. I'll be a full member very soon I think, so I'll be able to post my more specific ideas on the idea corner of the forums. I agree, the more glitter, the better! Also seems to be a thing when I look at Christmas lights. My mind goes to fairies. What about you?

Okay, I do believe it's properly updated. The last update was Nov, 2020, and they said it was fully compatible with Snowy Escape.
    This is the mod:

https://modthesims.info/d/630179/expanded-mermaids.html
    giphy.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    @bella_goth Thank you so much! I don't mind at all. :)
    #Team Occult
    edited January 2021
    @AzukiMochi ohh so glad the mod is still updated, thank you for the link!!

i can completely see the crossover with seasons, also a crossover with Sylvan Glade! it would be so great. rn the fairies in there are just fx but they could be updated to be interactable & offer gameplay. let me know if you post an ideas thread, i'd love to read them & also talk about this! & same, xmas lights remind me of fairies & also fireflies, they're just so dreamy
    @bella_goth You're welcome. :)

Yeah! :3 Yeah, no problem. I could actually use some ideas and advice! I look forward to discussing this. I should be fully integrated into the forums in just a few hours, so it shouldn't be too much longer. And I know, right!
    giphy.gif
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, in my game I have "pixie" sims and "werewolf" sims that are just spellcasters but I've dressed them as fairies/werewolves.

Here's my pixie sim, Summer Ember: (not my original creation)
    01-13-21-11-38-53-AM.png
    01-13-21-11-39-14-AM.png

And my werewolf sims, Emily and Wolfram:
    "Human" form:
    01-13-21-11-57-13-AM.png
    "Werewolf" form:
    01-13-21-11-58-40-AM.png
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I used to create an android (detroit become human roid) with cc
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I remember creating a blue fairy alien once ( using spooky stuff ). I was thinking of artificial intelligence when I made her. I haven’t used her though. I wish I could make robots that look like sims. In sims 2, I remember my daughter downloading some robot skins and I made some robots/androids with them, I don’t use CC or mods in the sims 4.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I created a ghoul/zombie called Greta Al Ghul, no cc but I took advantage of the brief time the skin from the "strangeify" spell was available in CAS >:)
    9-26-2020_7-20-04_pm-vhkyt.png
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    I definitely used the heck out of the fairy costume and made some really cute sims. My main pixie only had the Mischief spells so at spellcaster club gathers she was particularly fun.
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I created a ghoul/zombie called Greta Al Ghul, no cc but I took advantage of the brief time the skin from the "strangeify" spell was available in CAS >:)
    9-26-2020_7-20-04_pm-vhkyt.png

That is EXCELLENT! Love that sim. I remember Strangify being in CAS but I didn't ever try anything with it. Now I regret it!

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    wrong thread
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Oh faeries!! SpinningPlumbots is working on a fairy mod and it looks so good from the bits they have shared (screenshots/short videos) I really can't wait to try it! I basically check their tumblr everyday for an update. lol

I also have these in my game thanks to mods:
    Vampire Witch (Zero)
    Sea Witch (SpinningPlumbots)
    Siren (Zero)
    Psychic (Lumpinou)
    Traditional Witch/Shaman (Zero)
    Voodoo Witch (Zero)
    Whitelighter (SpinningPlumbots)

I really, really like occult sims obviously. lol. I want werewolves so bad... but I can't see them being added from what we have available in game. There's not enough for modders to work with, I think. I just hope EA adds them.

I really can't thank our modding community enough. They fix bugs and annoyances with the game. Add so much extra and fun things to play with. I don't think I could go back to vanilla. No way. I'd have to learn to mod myself (which I've tried with tutorials... it's hard...). I'm just so thankful to them, that they share their creations, plus keep them working when the game updates <3
    Origin ID: Wyrren
    @RavenSpit ohh that's awesome, i always forget realm of magic has this ugly spell but it's so cool you adapted it to make a zombie

@Wyrren thank you a lot for the mod names!! i'm definitely installing them asap <3 soo good to hear that a fairy mod is getting worked on! i'm almost sure werewolves will eventually get added, but they're probably hard to develop & it could be the reason they're not yet on ts4, no?
    you're right, i'm also very thankful to modders & cc creators, this community has lots of talented people <3
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I miss fairies a lot, so I made Bunny Hopper. She's not a magical occult, though.....yet.

OPHQPyU.png

I don't have CAS CC (except body hair and skin overlay) so this is as close to a fairy as I could get.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I love this thread idea! I do make other "occults" within game mechanics. There's sirens and mermaids of course you can do a lot with but I love the versatility of spellcasters and vampires. I have "fairies" and elves. They are basically spellcasters with the grayish skintones and large pointed ears. I always think of fairies as Fae (not the kind with wings). My fairies have the ligther skin tones, high pitched voices and dressed in bright colors. Most of them are goofballs. There's a few nymphs running around -they have green skin tones and know all the plant spells. I kind of have a few "werewolves." They are basically sunproof vampires (I cheated that power so they can still eat without throwing up) with really gruesome looking dark forms.
    @gordy- I love the orc idea!! That's so clever!
    @ravenspit Your ghoul/zombie is such a good idea!!!

I love all the mods available out there too. Expanded mermaids is awesome. I hope the werewolf and fairy mods can be updated and reuploaded soon. That was so a good idea from the creator!! There are so many creative people!