Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Haunted House?

So @SimGuruConor Will the haunted house in the trailer be made available on the gallery? You should have known that players would want to download it and have it ready to go. Same goes for the characters in the trailer. Players always want to download them. Please tell me that someone at the table thought of this.

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @Chaton Thank you. I had not seen this anywhere.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    So @SimGuruConor Will the haunted house in the trailer be made available on the gallery? You should have known that players would want to download it and have it ready to go. Same goes for the characters in the trailer. Players always want to download them. Please tell me that someone at the table thought of this.

You'd probably need to ask him on Twitter as I doubt he comes here but yeah we have a haunted house coming with the sp in our libraries.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Ooo, a new premade Haunted House made just for me for my birthday. Thank you so much devs. <3
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    What house is the one in the part with the elder? The one that looks sort of Midcentury Modern? That’s the one I want, of course!

It’s awesome they included an elder POC, by the way.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    https://twitter.com/Doctor_Ashley/status/1349038994361778176

A Game Changer made a lot that's supposed to be the official lot to go with Paranormal Stuff. So it'll probably be on the gallery after the SP drops!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Everybody's making haunted and spooky houses now and we don't even have the Paranormal Pack yet.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    If I like the haunted gallery house, I'll place it in Glimmerbrook on a RENTAL lot so my sims can vacation there. It's as close to a haunted hotel as I can for now.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    If I like the haunted gallery house, I'll place it in Glimmerbrook on a RENTAL lot so my sims can vacation there. It's as close to a haunted hotel as I can for now.

Haunted House is a lot type, not a lot trait. So you will have to choose between a Haunted or a rental house.
    edited January 2021

Haunted House is a lot type, not a lot trait. So you will have to choose between a Haunted or a rental house.

Well, that's disappointing. Thanks for the info.

Maybe I'll move my fortuneteller there. She can hold seances while the spooks spook guests.

Looking at my avi, I'd like a ghost sheet for kids to wear at Halloween or anytime really. How cute would it be for kids to be put to bed but get up and try to playfully scare their parents or siblings? It's probably too late now, but, maybe in the future. Maybe in a GENERATIONS pack?
    A few spooky costumes as well as the New Orleans feel would be neat. Guidry's got a pretty nifty suit he's wearing there....
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    A few spooky costumes as well as the New Orleans feel would be neat. Guidry's got a pretty nifty suit he's wearing there....

I wonder if it will be available in CAS?
    Sheepiling wrote: »

A Game Changer made a lot that's supposed to be the official lot to go with Paranormal Stuff. So it'll probably be on the gallery after the SP drops!

It will be included in your library.

Sadly this means you have to use the haunted trait vs the lot type.
    The update changes the haunted lot trait name to spooky house lot trait.
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    edited January 2021
    Personally, I still think that they should have utilized that lot trait instead of creating a whole new lot type. It is like the tiny house lot type all over again...

This also signifies that we will not be able to have properly haunted apartments :/
    I think they said that you can use both the Spooky lot AND the Haunted Residential lot, and that they can work together...
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    So are those Kewpie-mayo-looking "ghosts" like a new form of house gnomes, something you have to appease? They come across as hopelessly cutesy.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    In Sims 3, the ghost busters career was part of AMBITIONS pack. Using various traps or machinery, you could collect sim ghosts, poltergeists and lesser ghosts. Lesser ghosts were wispy, cartoon like ghosts and their color determined their personality. You could collect them like bugs or fireflies. You could also transfigure them to produce a tombstone and a normal ghost.

Using the Spook-O-Meter to make them visible, you could collect ghosts from any place at any time.

There were also poltergeists that possessed objects and caused mayhem. They were one step above lesser ghosts.

A level above them are sim ghosts that were harder to catch. You could also befriend them and convince them to move on. You might encounter ghosts from past civilizations which were worth more money at the Science Lab.

Based on what I've seen and read so far, it appears that we will be haunted by those poltergeist GLOBS which we can expel or appease. The only sim ghost seen or discussed so far has been Guidry who is meant to help our sims. This makes me think that should you have a sim ghost on your haunted lot (grandma perhaps), they will not be affected by "the cleansing" of the house.

Sims 3 Ambitions gave us FIVE new, active careers (remember them?): Architectural Designer, Firefighter, Stylist, Investigator and Ghost Hunter. Each seemed fully fleshed out. I know that was an EP and Paranormal is a SP but it seems a little lacking by comparison. Maybe it should have been a GP.

And I want the Investigator career back. It was fun and I have several sims that could be great private detectives.
    I wonder if we'll get a Ghostbusters kind of overall in the pack. Obviously not with the trademarked badge, but you know, the grey overalls, boots and a backpack...
    Loanet wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll get a Ghostbusters kind of overall in the pack. Obviously not with the trademarked badge, but you know, the grey overalls, boots and a backpack...

We have the orange convict onesie but I can't remember if it had color choices.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Aw Nuts, there goes my Bates Hotel idea. :'(
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Aw Nuts, there goes my Bates Hotel idea. :'(

A modder will probably come thru.
    Sheepiling wrote: »

It's supposed to be in the game but maybe it will also be on the gallery for people who don't buy this pack.