Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can’t we get more usable furniture and clothing?

robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member
edited February 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Just watched the trailer for the paranormal stuff pack and it’s all just so.. unique. It looks fine and I’m sure there are some neutral swatches but come on gurus! We always get crazy, eccentric stuff that can only be used in certain situations. I even remember some game changers saying they pushed them to release things in neutral swatches but they didn’t really go for it. Anyone with me on this?
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    I'm with you, I had to get modded rocking chair and most other recent furniture swatches to simply match wood tones.
  • Options
    I'm with you, I had to get modded rocking chair and most other recent furniture swatches to simply match wood tones.

Omg yes! Don’t even get me started on wood tones! Lol I’m just so tired of neon colored furniture and weird crop tops 😂 also can we get some nail polish and one plain black choker?? Please!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I think they have gotten better at adding a few neutral swatches, but there is still room for improvement. They did add them though in the Nifty Knitting pack and in the Hispanic Heritage update. And I really hope they remembered again for this pack because I really like this love seat and armchair from the release trailer.

DmEnIDa.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    I think they have gotten better at adding a few neutral swatches, but there is still room for improvement. They did add them though in the Nifty Knitting pack and in the Hispanic Heritage update. And I really hope they remembered again for this pack because I really like this love seat and armchair from the release trailer.

DmEnIDa.jpg

Love those armchairs!! Just hope there are a couple neutral swatches! I like the love seat in that swatch but the pink blanket limits it imo! Still love the idea for this pack!
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    @Netzspannung they have at least with white and black swatches, but I'm a fanatic about matching wood tones, flooring, baseboards, molding, and furniture. I prefer dark wood and that can be very difficult.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @Netzspannung they have at least with white and black swatches, but I'm a fanatic about matching wood tones, flooring, baseboards, molding, and furniture. I prefer dark wood and that can be very difficult.

I agree, I don't think they're quite there yet and matching wooden floors and furniture can be really frustrating. I was just pointing out that they have gotten better at adding some neutral swatches if you compare recent packs to older packs (e.g. Movie Hangout SP).
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I feel like the last couple of packs (NK and EL) had much better choices of swatches than the much earlier packs did. This furniture to me is pretty trendy. Although I'm not totally digging all of the pink, and I LOVE pink, but I like pink as an accent color with neutral being the main focus of decor, so hopefully there will be actual neutral colors too.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yeah, I was disappointed when the trailer opened to a bright green-blue chair. I do like the style of furniture they went with for this pack though. The couch looks pretty normal, sure there won't be a matching loveseat though :#
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    No it’s perfect. Very usable for my crazy sims. 😋
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I mean it's perfectly usable to me. A few un-patterned swatches would be very welcome to expand uses but honestly I don't want all the stuff in my game to be IKEA.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2021
    WHAT? We've been getting so many contemporary themed stuff for furniture and CAS. I really liked the fact that this new pack brings furniture/clothing with "personality". I can picture so many sims using those stuff. 70's sims, 🐸🐸🐸🐸/romani sims, country sims, etc...
    I hate that every single new pack has 1928319273 female hairstyles, and 2 male hairstyles that look exactly like the rest of the male hairstyles with that boring soccer player haircut.

@Onverser I agree with you that its probably going to lack some matching furniture and thats what bothers me much in SIms 4. Maybe even in Sims generally. I would love a whole complete set that I could furnish the entire house, you know?! Maybe paralives can improve stuff packs in that, adding all the rooms furniture so that we can be consistent when we wanted.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    We don't know, the furniture from the stuff pack might come in neutral colors. Either way I do love the furniture coming. I know a few houses it will go in already.
    I agree though most stuff should come in some neutral colors or colors that match what is already in the game in general.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I don't mind a little kitsch every other pack. Snowy Escape and Eco Lifestyle satisfied a lot of my neutral furniture desires.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    We had so much usable furniture in Tiny, Eco and Snowy that it was time for something more eccentric! I love the style of the new pack, it reminds me of the wonderful Bohemian sets from the TS3 store. It is also a nice addition to Realm of Magic with its somewhat over the top Jugendstil kitsch.
  • Options
    Also all opinions are welcome here! It’s great if you love the style of furniture!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited January 2021
    actually?

no.

because I feel it is the crazy stuff that is missing and they keep adding same freaking basic furniture to every pack and this is like oh such a lovely breeze of change to that

i might agree if it was something like ikea pack and theme was basic home furniture but no its not, its occult pack and stuff should look occulty

+ive always felt stuff packs should be more themey cause 50% of them just has totally random stuff that relates to nothing and looks boring

swatches I somewhat agree tho because having dark wood,light wood,white and black is just easier to make stuff go together so it looks cool

clothing I am not biggest fan this time but thats probably cause i just saw croptops and went "oh lord not again"

give me freaking super high waisted skirts to go with those shirts without showing tummy and i might actually have use for them but my sims aint belly dancers and i dont even use the trillion croptops in game already regardless of how cute they make them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    actually?

no.

because I feel it is the crazy stuff that is missing and they keep adding same freaking basic furniture to every pack and this is like oh such a lovely breeze of change to that

i might agree if it was something like ikea pack and theme was basic home furniture but no its not, its occult pack and stuff should look occulty

+ive always felt stuff packs should be more themey cause 50% of them just has totally random stuff that relates to nothing and looks boring

swatches I somewhat agree tho because having dark wood,light wood,white and black is just easier to make stuff go together so it looks cool

clothing I am not biggest fan this time but thats probably cause i just saw croptops and went "oh lord not again"

give me freaking super high waisted skirts to go with those shirts without showing tummy and i might actually have use for them but my sims aint belly dancers and i dont even use the trillion croptops in game already regardless of how cute they make them

Lol fair enough! and you had the same exact thought as me when I saw that crop top! haha I just don't want my catalogue full of crazy stuff! but I guess it does fit the theme of a paranormal pack!
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    It's all a matter of opinion and personal preference. I feel everything I've had is very usable but the less packs you have, the more limiting it is. They really do need to remember neutral swatches for everything though because not everyone wants wild colours or patterns and even though I'm currently happy with my selection, I do remember times when I was really frustrated by it.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    Can't say the CAS really did anything for me atm. I have enough denim shorts.
  • Options
    emiobix wrote: »
    Can't say the CAS really did anything for me atm. I have enough denim shorts.

Same! I'm hoping there are some hidden gems in there when it releases!
  • Options
    i would rly love if they would add more goth / alt clothes. and not like just black skinny jeans or like e kid clothes. like sims2 teen and young adult level. thatd be amazing. i was super hoping for that with this pack but im not complaining abt the very cute hippy 70s looking outfits and hair. i always have custom content
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'd be happy if we got some normal jeans with NO holes and tears or patterns and stuff.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I hope the furniture comes in neutral swatches as well (white, black and wood tones). Too often we get furniture that is not versatile.
    Same goes for clothing. I like the puffy jacket from Snowy Escape but that pink swatch with a flashy orange under top ? Why waste a swatch ?!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    This Paranormal clothing, like the Eco stuff and the Snowy Escape clothing, is totally stuff that we're missing; casual stuff that you want to wear every day just for whatever reason.

It's not that party clothes aren't fun, but they are easy to make and yet hard to wear. Sulani gave us colourful clothes that you can wear every day too, and Batuu is only really good if you're into Star Wars or are pulling a sci-fi thing. The Sims is a LIFE SIMULATOR. And even if Paranormal Investigators aren't real, they are a real career.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I would like some jeans that go all the way down to the foot please, my sims all end up wearing the same ones as I dislike jeans ending above the ankle.
    And actually black swatches. Not different slightly toned nearly black clothes that don't look good together.