Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    The downside (or upside, for some) of this '70's fashion is that he now looks like the killer from Amityville.

Ronald_defeo.jpg

Well luckily these ghosts are cuddly and won't possess you...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Oh, and the not-Annabelle doll in LiELF's avatar is absolutely going in a prominent place. It's fantastic.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    LiELF wrote: »
    @LiELF , remember this one from yesterday? :joy:

To that I say...

Be afraid. Be VERY. Afraid.

Now just replace the Afraid with Scared :p

Yes!!

I have been keeping myself in doubt for so long, I don't even know how to handle the news. What's this? Are these feelings? Is my crusade finally over after six years? What do I do with my life now? I just made some posts this morning about how I knew it would be really complicated to do and it would probably never happen. Was I really just about to give up?

I still remember having the Fear emotion conversation with @SimGuruNinja when Vampires came out, and he told me that it could be done, but that it would take a very long time. So I tried to be patient, waiting and waiting and asking and arguing for it and always pushing... and after a few years I figured the idea was discarded or still on the back burner and it wasn't coming. But it is! It is, it is!! They made it happen and I can't believe it!! I don't even know how to thank them. <3<3<3

A SCARED emotion!!!!! *Happy sob*

No. Shut up. I'm not crying, you're crying. I AM THE NIGHT! *Weep*

😂😂😂Darnnit I know how you feel. *virtual hugs*I can finally get rid of the glitchy fear mod the real thing is hereeeeeeeee!!!!😭😭😭😭
    Thank you Devs!!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I know it's not exactly specific to the pack since it's coming in a free update but I am so beyond exited for the scared emotion.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Oh, and the not-Annabelle doll in LiELF's avatar is absolutely going in a prominent place. It's fantastic.

I scream inside a little when i see @LiELF avatar. But I know a few households that will have this doll.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited January 2021
    Aine wrote: »
    @LiELF Same, I've wanted this for SO long. 😱

I know, you and I have been rallying forever on this. And a few others I've seen, as well. It's so amazing. When I saw it spread to Twitter over the last couple of years, I was hopeful it had gained enough momentum to be seriously considered because for a while there, no one at all seemed to care about it.

One of my main reasons for joining the forums for discussion was the absence of fear in the game. I just can't believe the day has come. I feel like my heart just grew three sizes.
    Yes! The game will finally feel a little more complete with a full range of emotions. I think I'm gonna cry. No, that's silly Aine, no crying. 😭
    Thanks for being in the trenches with me @LiELF <3

It's really great to see you happy and positive again. We done good. *Sniffle* High Five. <3
    *high five*

And the fact that they added it with a paranormal pack, which is similar to what I ACTUALLY suggested in the ideas forum (just check my signature) is almost too much for me to handle. It's like they made the pack just for me. 😭 I know that's silly, but that's what it feels like right now.

I believe you! That's exactly how I felt about Vampires! I made requests for Victorian drab, a variety of Vampires with different powers, dark and wilted plants, black iron gates, cobblestone streets and gargoyles. I was gobsmacked when it released.

Change and wish fulfillment does happen if you really push for it and share ideas.

I have no doubt now that other large requests are coming.

I don't expect people to believe it without evidence but I keep telling people cars and babies and burglars and schools (with probably better stuff for teens)are coming for sure🤭 high chance even farming, wearwolves, fairies etc and all the other most requested things.

I know it's a long time coming and the wait is excruciating but I think almost everyone would get what they want by the end of the sims 4.
    Still hoping for Gordys dragons and my zombies too🙏🙏🙏

And no one needs to riot or offend anybody. We can do it all sharing and pushing things nicely 😃
    Btw it's so nice that kids are included in everything these days!!! That's something I've really been asking for 😁😁😁😁
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    Yes!!! I'm looking forward to this pack.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited January 2021
    I might try my hand at building a haunted house. I can imagine the gallery will have loads to add into our game! Or even a house with a creepy attic with that doll....tucked in a corner somewhere.

I know its cliche but doing a seance in the attic sounds like fun :smiley: I'd love my teenage sims to mess around with ghosty things. I remember doing similar things when I was a teenager. :blush:

giphy.gif
    Hey, anybody think that scream in the trailer will be actually added to the game?👀 I'm so happy for the fear emotion I don't even care right now but that addition would be so cool!!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hey, anybody think that scream in the trailer will be actually added to the game?👀 I'm so happy for the fear emotion I don't even care right now but that addition would be so cool!!

I hope so! I'd love to hear some creepy noises as they are contacting spirits.
    giphy.gif
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2021
    I am excited for this pack myself. I get Helen Hall vibes from the woman sitting on the chair

Helen Hall lived in Moonlight Falls in Sims 3 with the deceased Goth family. She was a natural born psychic.

I thought this too! It would be a cool nod to TS3 Supernatural if it is indeed her.
    At first I thought the tiny spirits were a little too... cutesy, but then I remembered the Pokémon Litwick; both a cute design and beyond scary in its description! This stuff pack has many of the things suggested in the Happy Haunts section of the survey, so we get both that and Nifty Knitting.

I also wonder if "Scared" will be a tiered emotion, like embarrassed or angry... Perhaps Sims will be able to be "scared to death" a la TS2? Could that be how this new ghost NPC perished?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

I know, you and I have been rallying forever on this. And a few others I've seen, as well. It's so amazing. When I saw it spread to Twitter over the last couple of years, I was hopeful it had gained enough momentum to be seriously considered because for a while there, no one at all seemed to care about it.

One of my main reasons for joining the forums for discussion was the absence of fear in the game. I just can't believe the day has come. I feel like my heart just grew three sizes.
    Yes! The game will finally feel a little more complete with a full range of emotions. I think I'm gonna cry. No, that's silly Aine, no crying. 😭

It's really great to see you happy and positive again. We done good. *Sniffle* High Five. <3
    *high five*

And the fact that they added it with a paranormal pack, which is similar to what I ACTUALLY suggested in the ideas forum (just check my signature) is almost too much for me to handle. It's like they made the pack just for me. 😭 I know that's silly, but that's what it feels like right now.

I believe you! That's exactly how I felt about Vampires! I made requests for Victorian drab, a variety of Vampires with different powers, dark and wilted plants, black iron gates, cobblestone streets and gargoyles. I was gobsmacked when it released.

Change and wish fulfillment does happen if you really push for it and share ideas.

I don't expect people to believe it without evidence but I keep telling people cars and babies and burglars and schools (with probably better stuff for teens)are coming for sure🤭 high chance even farming, wearwolves, fairies etc and all the other most requested things.

I know it's a long time coming and the wait is excruciating but I think almost everyone would get what they want by the end of the sims 4.

And no one needs to riot or offend anybody. We can do it all sharing and pushing things nicely 😃

Truth. And I've had enough requests fulfilled now to offer my advice to everyone that constructive feedback that's respectful and sharing ideas and making suggestions seriously makes a difference. Sarcasm, insults and aggressive, rude, snippy behavior doesn't. Treat others how you want to be treated. Discuss. Try to be as helpful as possible and as honest and insightful as you can about what you're asking for. Reach out to the devs calmly with problem solving ideas, even if you don't get an answer back. And push. And push, and push again until others catch on too and add their voices. But try not to lash out, no matter how long it takes. Sometimes you'll feel like giving up and it's okay to have bad days. Expect your request to take at least a year or two to come to fruition. Even longer. Sometimes it will be sooner, sometimes it won't. And be realistic and reasonable with expectations. Know that you won't get everything you want, or exactly how you want it, but if you persevere, you just might get the things you want most.

I expect this year to be full of good surprises for everyone. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    This might be the best-looking Stuff Pack since Laundry Day or Vintage Glamour stuff. I love the look of the furniture.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We already have a haunted lot trait so perhaps it is getting an update to be more effective and spooky. I dare say you'll still be getting your toilet broken on a regular basis by ghosts though. However since you can fix it by brcoming a Medium, that's not so bad. Well, if you don't mind ghosts...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

*high five*

Truth. And I've had enough requests fulfilled now to offer my advice to everyone that constructive feedback that's respectful and sharing ideas and making suggestions seriously makes a difference. Sarcasm, insults and aggressive, rude, snippy behavior doesn't. Treat others how you want to be treated. Discuss. Try to be as helpful as possible and as honest and insightful as you can about what you're asking for. Reach out to the devs calmly with problem solving ideas, even if you don't get an answer back. And push. And push, and push again until others catch on too and add their voices. But try not to lash out, no matter how long it takes. Sometimes you'll feel like giving up and it's okay to have bad days. Expect your request to take at least a year or two to come to fruition. Even longer. Sometimes it will be sooner, sometimes it won't. And be realistic and reasonable with expectations. Know that you won't get everything you want, or exactly how you want it, but if you persevere, you just might get the things you want most.

I expect this year to be full of good surprises for everyone. :)

I agree. I've asked for a fear emotion over and over since the game released. Simmers really don't have to show your tail end to ask for things... especially the big things that should be in the game or make sense to be in it eventually.
    This is very exciting to me. Since it's a new emotion they can build on it going forward also.
    egTcBMc.png
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    plz tell me if we get a proton pack then we get max in the medium skill
  • Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    I just hope that they fix ghosts. I hate that having a ghost on a lot will involve breaking every appliance. every. night.

That part isn't fun... just annoying.
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m so impressed that we get an active career in a stuff pack!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Thank you @simgirl1010 for making this thread and sharing info about the upcoming pack. I really appreciate you in this forum. <3

I am very impressed with how hard they've worked to get the communities' ideas into this little pack. I don't post much, but I lurk every day and have read most of what is written and can remember so many things people have asked for and then see it turning up in my game.
    I like what they've done with the new haunted lot, it feels like they had read this thread:Haunted Lot Not Scary Enough more than two years ago. And yes! Haunted Lot Type is now scary enough!

I think that doll might be my favourite thing about the pack. It reminds me of the one I asked for in the knitting pack, so pretty excited to see a sims version.
    EOdJgtJ.jpg

@SimGuruConor - thank you so much for going through all those buffs and changing them to the new Scared emotion. There has been so much feedback about the fear emotion and finally you sat down and did what I hope is the basis of even more to come.

I had to bask in the glory of this beautiful colour someone chose. Who chose it? Thank you, I love it. <3
    da6sX2W.jpg

...now how to get a ghost to be permanently in this colour ...hmmm...

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited January 2021
    [
    Our zombies. I'm pulling for our rotten friends to return from their deathly slumber. <3
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

Okay...you got my attention. YOU GOT MY ATTENTION!
    Keep it coming...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so love it! :p
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Hey Spooky Stuff was on sale so now I can have both stuff packs <3 I had like 1 stuff pack for sims 2 so this is exciting to get 2 for 4
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top