Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack manifests soon!

Comments

• easypeazeeasypeaze Posts: 140 Member
    @sapphiredrasia I found it in the menu area when I loaded up my game. Go to packs and then go to stuff packs. I've clicked on it but it keeps telling me page not available.
    It's all in the wrist
  • sapphiredrasiasapphiredrasia Posts: 4 New Member
    > @easypeaze said:
    > @sapphiredrasia I found it in the menu area when I loaded up my game. Go to packs and then go to stuff packs. I've clicked on it but it keeps telling me page not available.

I keep checking there, its not showing at all for me, and it's annoying me if I'm honest as I got a build in mind and a whole story for the pack in my head, and I want to get started on it
  • AenalaAenala Posts: 23 Member
    Mine is purchased and downloaded (I closed and restarted Origin and it appeared right on time).
  • easypeazeeasypeaze Posts: 140 Member
    @sapphiredrasia it just showed up on Origin for me and I was able to purchase it. I hope it shows for you soon!
    It's all in the wrist
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    It's finally showing up in the Origin store, but no matter which section I look in, the link goes to 404 Not found. (And the other places I sometimes buy the game are showing it as a higher price than Stuff Packs normally cost.)

I have updated Origin, and exited and re-entered a couple of times, and still this is a problem. I'm hoping they solve it soon!
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    KatAnubis wrote: »
    It's finally showing up in the Origin store, but no matter which section I look in, the link goes to 404 Not found. (And the other places I sometimes buy the game are showing it as a higher price than Stuff Packs normally cost.)

I have updated Origin, and exited and re-entered a couple of times, and still this is a problem. I'm hoping they solve it soon!

Finally working. I had to not only exit Origin but exit from the "hidden icons" too. Now it's no longer giving me 404 and should be downloading as I type.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Close (exit) Origin and restart it same happened for me till I read above and followed it it is now down loading as I type
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2021
    Wasn't showing up for me: if you're not seeing it after closing and re-opening Origin, then make sure it isn't running in the background either. It showed up for me now. It's not showing up in build your own bundle, though.
  • minininjaminininja Posts: 9 New Member
    So random question for those that have downloaded it, has anyone else lost all their placed counters in all their homes?
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    Prepare yourself for some scary-fun times.

Beware, Simmers, for something new is appearing before your very eyes: The Sims™ 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack*, available on January 26, 2021!

Welcome to your Sim’s new home! Sure, the listing said “haunted,” but everyone knows that’s just a myth. Why should you believe it?

At night, though… well. The lights flicker overhead, casting shadows at your Sim’s feet. In another room, a door slams shut, even though no one else is home. And what was that sound? Where’s it coming from? This is getting weird.

Okay, so it turns out there are some rumors that turn out to be true. These spooky specters moved in first, and they don’t let anyone forget it.

kqkc7uo0pg88.png

ysterious runes and clay hands appear randomly while crawling vines sprout in the yard. The sacred candle your Sim lit for safety blows out with barely a wisp of smoke. And no one knows where that horrifying doll came from. As the house gets weirder and weirder, goosebumps rise and scared Sims scatter in a panic-induced terror.

Luckily, your Sim doesn’t have to deal with this alone! There’s one helpful friend who’s happy to help: Claude René Duplantier Guidry (the Ghost). This somewhat flirty apparition offers the secrets to serenity. Under his tutelage, learn how to appease the specters ruining a good night’s sleep.

Some specters are playful, other mischievous, and a few are downright ornery. If they leave accursed objects behind, try to tidy up and remove them. Offer gifts or attempt communicating with the specters to try and please them. If they’re satisfied, Sims might get a present in return as the specter fades away. Otherwise, it’s time to turn to the séance table.

ywuavwqox7at.png

Séances serve as a way to communicate with the world beyond. Perform a séance to sense the mood of specters, commune with the dead, or complete a ghastly ritual. Plus, Sims can summon Guidry for extra help or summon Bonehilda the skeletal maid for a spot of cleaning! Doing so builds a Sim’s Medium skill. (Do be careful not to go ghost yourself, though.)

Once a Sim overcomes their fear, restores balance to the home, and masters the paranormal, Guidry the Ghost presents a coveted Paranormal Investigator license. Basically, your Sim can become a ghost hunter. No, ghost tracker. Ghost… buster? You ain’t afraid of no ghost, right? Pick up gigs as a freelance Paranormal Investigator to help other Sims experiencing haunting phenomena and make a few Simoleons while you’re at it!

Get The Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack on January 26, 2021, on Origin (for Mac and PC), Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4 to start your spooktacular adventure!

Source: ea.com

Purchased that dang thing and origin isn't downloading it. I even went into my packs and repeatedly clicked on download. big surprise that anyting to do with Sims doesn't go as planned .
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • nikeathenanikeathena Posts: 5 New Member
    Is it just me, or is there no icon in this stuff pack? I thought it was the little ghost icon, but it's not showing up even in "stuff" packs in CAS and build mode. Is this intentional, or a glitch? Moreover, is it just me, or is it everyone else, too?
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    happy dance origin is finally working after an hour and a half of trying to get it to download
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • AutumnFrecklesAutumnFreckles Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm a noob, so how do I make my sim scared? And how do I change my profile pic?
  • ML313ML313 Posts: 42 Member
    Is there a way to report bugs that have occured in the game for the pack somewhere, does anyone know?
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    ML313 wrote: »
    Is there a way to report bugs that have occured in the game for the pack somewhere, does anyone know?

This link - it's the official bug reporting forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Did anyone get the haunted house in their gallery? The one that Doctor Ashley created?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I see the pack, but I have to make a few tweaks to my house first. Just putting in a treehouse, and using a couple of ladders in places to keep my pets from getting into the loft and second basement where they don't need to be.

Also, thinking of putting most of the lights in my house Off The Grid because the Landgraabs have been terrible with power lately. If there's anybody getting a new haunted house it's them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Will Paranormal stuff pack be available on Amazon?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • AkariLovesDruescillaAkariLovesDruescilla Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know how to turn on the helping hand? i've tried 3 different times once in the early morning, once at night, once very late at night. It just keeps saying the hand is unresponsive.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    You turn it onto Heroic mode once, and I think it takes a couple of days of cooldown to come off Heroic mode again, if that's what you mean.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • AkariLovesDruescillaAkariLovesDruescilla Posts: 2 New Member
    https://prnt.sc/xpw8ao this is what i meant i cant turn it on heroic mode if its unresponsive
  • jackoalajackoala Posts: 11 New Member
    I did a quick build with he new pack!
    https://youtu.be/JRH0O3sO3Us
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Has anyone else had stuff disappear from a haunted house lot? I swear I've placed a speaker in the same room at least four times and it keeps vanishing. At one point, a counter vanished as well, and a door to the bathroom which I know had been there before. Is this normal?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Has anyone else had stuff disappear from a haunted house lot? I swear I've placed a speaker in the same room at least four times and it keeps vanishing. At one point, a counter vanished as well, and a door to the bathroom which I know had been there before. Is this normal?

Funny you should say that, as I would swear that my sims bedroom had an endtable each side of the bed... but then suddenly it had only one and the bed had moved over against the wall. Is this spooky goings-on?
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Does anyone know how to turn on the helping hand? i've tried 3 different times once in the early morning, once at night, once very late at night. It just keeps saying the hand is unresponsive.

My hand said unresponsive until after Guidry visited my sim. After talking to him and asking a few questions I could turn it on.