Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

which websites are better for leaving sims screenshots & also showcasing mods?

bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
had other plans with this thread but i prefer to ask this cuz i don't have another sims account except the forums one

i know dumblr is very used but i'm not sure as the site has too bad reputation. wordpress perhaps? blogspot & twitter ain't even an option.
this thread is also in the wrong section lol what a disaster but thanks for your replies, if someone replies though

Comments

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    It's entirely up to your preference. I tend to think of Wordpress for simlit stories, Tumblr more for vignettes (like a few images of a setting with fairly little accompanying text) and cc reblogs. There's nothing to say you have to go that way, but it's probably the most straightforward way to go for attracting your intended audience.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    It's entirely up to your preference. I tend to think of Wordpress for simlit stories, Tumblr more for vignettes (like a few images of a setting with fairly little accompanying text) and cc reblogs. There's nothing to say you have to go that way, but it's probably the most straightforward way to go for attracting your intended audience.

hmm i see, thanks for your reply!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Why isn't Blogspot an option? It isn't my preferred site (I'm a WP user) but I do know a lot of fans and its benefits like unlimited hosting.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Why isn't Blogspot an option? It isn't my preferred site (I'm a WP user) but I do know a lot of fans and its benefits like unlimited hosting.

just personal reasons, i've also seen many cc creators host their content on blogspot but ehh, anyway
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    No problem. I think WordPress has the best balance of ease of use, community, and a relative lack of drama (doesn't stop everyone but hey)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    No problem. I think WordPress has the best balance of ease of use, community, and a relative lack of drama (doesn't stop everyone but hey)

what kind of drama? wordpress is also the option i'm almost choosing cuz i've seen many of their blogs and they look just enough for what i'm looking for. but i've seen some websites saying that wordpress.org & wordpress.com are very different things.
    may i question which one do you have & is the free version any good?
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    If you're only planning to use the site for screenshots and showcasing mods, tumblr is imo a great crowd-advertising site. I'm not sure what you mean by a bad rep, but tumblr's reblog function will spread your content pretty quickly. If you are a content creator, it's fairly easy to get followers on tumblr.

Free WP has 8GB of media storage space and is suitable for basic necessities like embedding videos and pictures. You have several themes to choose from and some designs are dependent on the theme you choose.

Paid WP allows you to use CSS coding to customise your blog so your designs aren't restricted by themes. It also allows you to embed many more plugins than just videos and pictures such as calendars, music, voice. (can't think of anything else at the moment). You also have a much larger storage space for your media.

I'm using the free option.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited January 2021
    I don't know why Tumblr has a bad reputation. I use it and the simblr community is pretty chill... Twitter is also where a lot of simmers share stuff and if you follow the right people you'll have a pretty good experience :smile:
    he/him
    edited January 2021
    thanks for your reply guys, i appreciate your help. hmm i may give free wordpress a try and see if i can work with it, otherwise i'll reconsider another option. sorry i'm not giving many explanations but i want to keep the thread unbiased and stuff. still thanks for your answer :)
  • Cosy_CatastopheCosy_Catastophe Posts: 77 Member
    I like Wordpress, it has more editing options and was pretty easy to learn! It reminds me of livejournal a bit, but is even easier as the format blocks are preset rather than having to learn tags.
  • mtvsimsmtvsims Posts: 51 Member
    I love wordpress, I just wish it was easier to find other people through that site. It's really easy to access and post things.
    Catch the latest episode of The Challenge by MTVSims here.

1ae67d358eb80994760c45b5c89f34c72d340369.png