Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be Careful Who You Woohoo and How, Too.

Just thought I'd share a recent mishap in my game because it added some element of surprise and fun, which mixed things up a bit.

So to understand my style, I play somewhat rotationally, bouncing around between households, depending on who I feel like playing at the time. I don't keep a schedule or anything, and some households tend to get played more than others. My game consists of many Sims I've created myself, with a hefty population of Occults and a mix of retro and historic themes for "normal" households.

Well, a few weeks ago, I was playing "Dr. Silas Strange", a scoundrel of a Spellcaster (my game has many scoundrels running rampant, and not necessarily in the Star Wars way) who is loosely inspired from Marvel's Dr. Strange. In this session, Dr. Strange was going club hopping to try to hook up with a fine lady. After a few stops, he went to an Alien night club and met this hippie woman, Ruby Rivers, who lived with other hippies and was a single mom of two grown boys (fraternal twins) whose father had been a fifties greaser type (also a scoundrel). Anyway, they hit it off right away as Miss Ruby was still a "love the one you're with" type of gal, and they went for a quick woohoo in the club closet. Now, in a fit of truism to the character and the moment, I hit "Try For Baby In Closet", because I generally like to have a small chance that something..."untoward"... could happen and I don't usually choose that option. Afterward, Silas got bit by Dracula and passed out, and Ruby went home.

Well, fast forward through time, I've played a couple of other households since then, and went into my game last night to tweak a few Sims in Manage Households when...what's this?? I scroll to the Hippie household and see that they suddenly have two infants, of which I knew nothing about. I went into the household in confusion, having completely forgotten my whimsical previous decisions, wondering if Maxis had done something with Story Progression that affected my Sims, or if there was a bug. But then...I remembered. And, oh boy, there was absolutely no room for even one cradle, never mind two! They were cramped in a hallway and teeny bedroom with absolutely no moving space, and I was forced to build a nursery in the basement. It's okay, I decorated it with plants and flowers and boho colors. But this was her second set of twins, only girls this time. Apparently, she's fertile and doesn't even have that reward trait. I had her sons come over to meet them and had to come up with real names (the game auto generated) that were very "flower child" so they became Oasis and Spring Rivers. (Guess where they were born? :D ) Once they were Toddlers, the good Doctor called up Miss Ruby out of nowhere for a date to this Rainforest restaurant I had just put into the game the other night, which was the perfect place to bring her to win her heart. I pictured it like, a couple of years have gone by, he's looking through his little black book and comes across Ruby's number, remembers a wonderful evening that got hijacked by a Vampire, decides to call her to see if she's still single and interested.

I wonder how he's going to feel when he finds out he's a father of twins? I haven't even checked yet to see if they're magical or have the bloodline. How exciting!

So if you ever want to mix things up in your game or need a population boost, this seems to be an effective way to do it. :D

Feel free to share your stories of birth "surprises".
#Team Occult

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Not a story, but I have had so many 2% risky woohoo babies lately, that I had to double check was it really 2%.. not like 20% (It was 2%) :joy:

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Not a story, but I have had so many 2% risky woohoo babies lately, that I had to double check was it really 2%.. not like 20% (It was 2%) :joy:

Oh, from McCommand? I love that feature! I don't have any mods in my game now but sometimes I do put MCC back in for risky woohoo and risky vampirism. Two of the best things about MCC. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options

Oh, from McCommand? I love that feature! I don't have any mods in my game now but sometimes I do put MCC back in for risky woohoo and risky vampirism. Two of the best things about MCC. :D

Yes, 3 kids happened because 2% MCCC risky, and one from .. other risky woohoo, also 2% , from something what shall not be named here :joy:

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I am recently playing Clement Frost and L Faba's child Sigurd Frost as a Father Winter who lost his job due to oversleeping(He has the Irresponsible trait). Without the job and the immortality of being Father Winter, Sigurd had to find a place to live and decided to get into shape since he can't just eat infinite cookies for the rest of his life. As he lost fat and got extremely buff he was confident enough to flirt with some ladies and as one thing led to another he was enjoying his Single and Loving it lifestyle with plenty of hookups and no commitments. I was browsing through my 157 sims in the Manage Households and I noticed about 3 "Currently not in world" sims Sigurd had been dating had babies! I'm just thankful I don't have any child support mods or Sigurd would be in pretty big trouble!

On a side note, that's going to be my 3rd generation of sims in this save and I can't wait to meet them as they have a heck of a bloodline!
  • Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I am recently playing Clement Frost and L Faba's child Sigurd Frost as a Father Winter who lost his job due to oversleeping(He has the Irresponsible trait). Without the job and the immortality of being Father Winter, Sigurd had to find a place to live and decided to get into shape since he can't just eat infinite cookies for the rest of his life. As he lost fat and got extremely buff he was confident enough to flirt with some ladies and as one thing led to another he was enjoying his Single and Loving it lifestyle with plenty of hookups and no commitments. I was browsing through my 157 sims in the Manage Households and I noticed about 3 "Currently not in world" sims Sigurd had been dating had babies! I'm just thankful I don't have any child support mods or Sigurd would be in pretty big trouble!

On a side note, that's going to be my 3rd generation of sims in this save and I can't wait to meet them as they have a heck of a bloodline!

Ha! That's amazing. So will there be trials to see who the next Father Winter is? The others could become worker elves. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    No babies in my game---I have a mod, and pregnancy is turned off.

I find that woohoo is best when it's a married man's wife, and it's done right in front of the husband. Man, do they get mad! I've had Mort Goth and Bjorn Bjergsen die of rage....
  • Options
    No babies in my game---I have a mod, and pregnancy is turned off.

I find that woohoo is best when it's a married man's wife, and it's done right in front of the husband. Man, do they get mad! I've had Mort Goth and Bjorn Bjergsen die of rage....

Ha! Omg :joy:
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    I've had Mort Goth and Bjorn Bjergsen die of rage....
    :joy: Why this does not surprise me at all :D

• Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Two words: surprise twins.

“Okay! After two hours of scrolling through Behind the Name, I’ve finally found a name for this nooboo that actually sounds okay. Now to click ‘done’...”

“Congratulations! It’s a girl!”

“What?! Nooooo!

(I mean, it could’ve been worse. I take 10 times longer to name my male Sims...)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    Two words: surprise twins.

“Okay! After two hours of scrolling through Behind the Name, I’ve finally found a name for this nooboo that actually sounds okay. Now to click ‘done’...”

“Congratulations! It’s a girl!”

“What?! Nooooo!

(I mean, it could’ve been worse. I take 10 times longer to name my male Sims...)

Why I always check with MCCC is it more than one :joy:

• Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    This reminds me of one of my normal sims had gave birth to a spellcaster. She has had ALOT of one night stands and already had one kid from a one night stand. Anyway, the father of her baby had called up to "hang out" and to my surprise she had gotten pregnant. The thing is, I had completely forgotten that I made the father a spellcaster for some random reason (I dont play him much, he's more of a background character) and didnt think about it until she was well into her 2nd trimester. Then it struck me! I had to go check the father just to confirm and I was so excited!! He's not living with her though he's sending her child support and Im debating whether or not I want the kid to go live with his father and learn about his magical heritage or not.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    now that you updated your pic to creepy doll the title sounds like threat :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    now that you updated your pic to creepy doll the title sounds like threat :lol:

Hahaha! This doll means impending doom!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    The creepy doll reminds me of the old movie of a possessed doll. I don't remember what the name of the movie was though.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The creepy doll reminds me of the old movie of a possessed doll. I don't remember what the name of the movie was though.

Was it Annabelle?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    I think it was a movie back in the 1990s?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2021
    https://x-files.fandom.com/wiki/Chin (eh) ga

my brain decides to remember this creepy doll first (remove eh idk why it censors) edit: oh its curseword in spanish nice to know
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I think it was a movie back in the 1990s?

Wait, Chucky? :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    I have MCCC generated pregnancies turned off, but every now and then my settings will get messed up or I'll accidentally delete them, and then I get some fun surprise pregnancies generated in my game. One of my households has been pretty established and unchanged for a while. You know, basic married couple, a teen and child...and then MCCC got the mom pregnant with twins. I'm just running with it and viewing it as an oopsie pregnancy. Also there was that that time that MCCC had Gunther Munch father Penny Pizzazz's child and then he froze to death shortly after - another amusing pregnancy in my game. I summon his ghost every now and then when I play her so he can see his son, but he usually just ends up possessing the toilet and ignores him.

My main couple that I play are lesbians, and I don't have MCCC settings to allow pregnancies to happen with same sex couples (unless I would manually start a pregnancy using MCCC), so I don't get any surprise pregnancies there. I do enjoy using mods where any woohoo can result in a pregnancy though - makes it a lot more fun than having to pick the "try for a baby" option.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Most—not all, but the vast majority—of my Sims were born in wedlock to parents who love each other and their kids. I had a...let's say less than ideal childhood, and as such my save is a moral, orderly, and generally kind world full of decent, "god"-fearing people.

It's the edge cases that are a whole lot more fun.

For starters, death-by-woohoo is my favorite way to dispose of elder sims. What a way to go out, right? They get to the Pearly Gates, St. Peter says "welcome to heaven", and the new arrival says "man, I was already here."

The kicker is that the old men tend to go out by impregnating premades whose marriage I want to have a bit of cruel fun with. Nancy Landgraab's had a kid that way, forcing Geoff to raise a kid that's not his own, and better to let Eliza Pancakes have a kid with someone other than Bob, right?

And then there's a case of the Koivonen Kids! I created a sim, Simo Koivonen, a tribute to a couple of Finnish war heroes (Simo Hayha and Aimo Koivunen—yeah, I misspelled the latter's name, didn't feel like going back and changing it in-game), and had him Try For Baby with any female NPC who happened to walk by in the neighborhood. I've raised up 3 of the 9 kids fully, bouncing around from household to household with story progression turned off so I can focus on one family at a time. The other 6 will get theirs...before 2022 (this project started in November.)

Simo is dead now; he died of freezing in a malfunctioning shower in the middle of a heatwave, and the glitch was so funny that I let it stand. Appaently I'm just vice God in my game's universe; the game itself is the true supreme being! Weirdly, he bore a startling resemblance to YouTuber Steve1989MREInfo, the Bob Ross of military rations; this was unintentional but hilarious when I noticed and realized. Let's get this out onto a tray. Nice!

Try For Baby is a tool, and like any tool, it can be used for good or for evil.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    LiELF yes I think it was "Chucky". What a crazy movie that was. Lol :D
  • Options
    teamjenteamjen Posts: 50 Member
    I’m so happy you asked this because this just happened in my game like 2 hours ago. So I do have mods like slice of life and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 btw.
    Anyways. My sim Dorian threw a party at the club at 2 am because why not and he invited his childhood best friend/ ex-lover their (Kylie)because they’re still very close. Also they’ve been flirting for the past couple days. So they dancing together and flirting when Dorian decided to go woohoo with Kylie in the closet at the club. I actually tried to cancel this action but they still did it anyways. Also why they were getting buck wild in the closet dorians girlfriend/babymama MOTHER was their in the bathroom. Thankfully they made it out before anyone saw.

A couple days go by it’s now Valentine’s Day and instead of spending time with his actual girlfriend he goes on a date with Kylie. When I saw her baby bump I was shook. I had simple had no words because I simply did NOT plan for this to happen everything else yes but not this. I actually thought it wasn’t Dorians for the whole pregnancy but then when she finally had the baby girl and I saw her appear under the family tree 🤡🤡
  • Options
    pjnpjn Posts: 7 New Member
    So I get married and then maybe three minutes later I get invited to a birthday party. I think, sure, and bring along my new bride. As soon as we walk in the door she and the birthday guy start flirting!

What the hell, people?

I killed them both. Then woohoo'd his wife.