Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ethnicities aka Stop Spawning Judith Ward in Mt Komorebi

I have an idea on how to stop spawning sims from other worlds into Mt Komorebi, Sulani, and other irl country-based destinations, as well as how to improve NPC generation: Ethnicities.

When the game spawns a new NPC, instead of randomizing everything, it would pick a random ethnicity and then randomize within that ethnicity. For example, if it randomized African American, the sim would have dark pigmentation and Afro-textured hair. Or, if it randomized Puerto Rican, the sim would have tan skin, dark hair/eyes, and a Hispanic name. This would also prevent combinations that would be unrealistic IRL, such as dark skin, red hair, and a Japanese name.

In addition, it would choose which sims spawn in which worlds based on what country the world is based on and which sims live there. For example, if the game needed sims to fill a lot in Mt. Komorebi, it would choose from sims who live in Mt. Komorebi and NPCs of Japanese ethnicity.

What do you think? Is there anything else you would add?

Comments

• AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
    Absolutely agree. I also think that homeless sims should have some way of being assigned to a world so that they only spawn there

If you use mods:
    https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/622921247655919616/sso-sim-spawn-overhaul-download-google-drive

This mod won't stop out of world spawning COMPLETELY (except for walkbys on residential lots and a select few venue types), but it will make it so the game prefers sims from that world so that you see them more often. It can get a little... empty when you're in a super small world but it helps.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    That could get into trouble with the definitions of what makes a Sim a certain ethnicity vs not. And then why that ethnic group and not another group was added to the game.

Not saying that EA should do better about spawning Sims the fit the neighborhood better, but I don't think labeling Sims as specific ethnicities is it.

Plus, there are Americans who do move to Asian countries. So there being some non-Japanese looking Sims in Mt. Komorebi isn't unrealistic either.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    hey she's a rich sim so if she can afford a trip to japan then i ain't gonna stop her

jokes aside, devs could just limit the people from a world to just roam on the world they're in, whoever it is, whoever you put. the sims themselves have no real ethnicities and trying to make this idea canon on the game would be a big mistake & controversy fuel.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I have an idea on how to stop spawning sims from other worlds into Mt Komorebi, Sulani, and other irl country-based destinations, as well as how to improve NPC generation: Ethnicities.

When the game spawns a new NPC, instead of randomizing everything, it would pick a random ethnicity and then randomize within that ethnicity. For example, if it randomized African American, the sim would have dark pigmentation and Afro-textured hair. Or, if it randomized Puerto Rican, the sim would have tan skin, dark hair/eyes, and a Hispanic name. This would also prevent combinations that would be unrealistic IRL, such as dark skin, red hair, and a Japanese name.

In addition, it would choose which sims spawn in which worlds based on what country the world is based on and which sims live there. For example, if the game needed sims to fill a lot in Mt. Komorebi, it would choose from sims who live in Mt. Komorebi and NPCs of Japanese ethnicity.

What do you think? Is there anything else you would add?
    Why would they do that when/if I purchase that pack it will not be a Japanese world I will instantly bulldoze all of the lots and premades.

I do completely agree that the Sims that live in the world should be seen more around town and I've always wanted a selection of townies unique to each world as we really should not see Sims often in other worlds unless its a vacation lot which they refuse to give us.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think it's fun, personally. I just pretend they're on vacation.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2021
    This sounds like it would go down a messy road lol. Just edit your townies or use a mod to nerf the ones you dont want spawning
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited January 2021
    i kind of dont like the idea of ethnicities really its just... too much

like i dont want sims to have to be of certain ethnicity if they appear in world cause especially mount k i use as tourist spot etc. (also like occults just wanna be all around really)

i would however like if we got townie toggles so random townie generation could be disabled and game would stop creating endless amount of nonsense sims and just keep households you already have unless you delete those

(in which case obviously game would not keep them in your households)

(this would be the first and biggest step towards making game townies in any way controllable and thousand times more fun to play with)

then we could have better households management where we could choose worlds or neighborhoods sims are able to spawn autonomously (while not being played or invited) in

say for example you clicked goths household and there was this"worlds" tab with menu "which worlds is this household allowed to spawn in autonomously"

and you could just tick off the worlds you dont want them to spawn in

and naturally if say no one was allowed to spawn in forgotten hollow no one would except for household you are playing that decided to go there

unless you specifically hired npcs which would also be nice to be able to assign per world like

"if you hire maid in this world its gonna be one of these 3 sims you have chosen/randomized for position"

not like

"oh nancy landgraab decided to suddenly lower herself as maid of your house and judith is out there tending to your garden"

also there should be something to allow or disallow occults in every world so realism players could just tick them off their worlds and we could actually enjoy our occults without them getting nerfed all the time

in fact when you combine all these you could finally have worlds that only have occults or historical sims or certain ethnicity or whatever and it would be awesome
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I don't mind Sims from other worlds visiting Mt. Komorebi or the jungle, but I do agree it's kind of weird to see all these pasty white Sims with very ethnic names. Now and then would be fine, because there are white people who are from South African or Asian or Middle Eastern countries, but the sheer amount generated is a little immersion-breaking. Not the biggest of deals, just a little oddity. I'm not sure adding ethnicity to the game would solve it, though. It might just be more problematic, because it's not realistic to say that every Hispanic or Asian person should have an ethnic name, either. There are Asians who are Smiths and Caucasians who are Espinozas.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Mixed breed people have that problem too. I grew up not knowing I was part Prairie Cree do to a past prejudice with an old family relative.
    I think it's cool to have a mixed heritage.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    There's a mod that takes care of that but it doesn't use ethnicities and i think that shouldn't be used... instead it only allows sims that LIVE in such neighbourhood to spawn in that neighbourhood community lots and streets... because that's what makes sense. People that live in one neighbourhood are usually the ones going to the local bar, library, etc... and different people live in the same neighbourhood. In my game, at least, there arent any neighbourhoods exclusive to any ethnic group...
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Mixed breed people have that problem too. I grew up not knowing I was part Prairie Cree do to a past prejudice with an old family relative.
    I think it's cool to have a mixed heritage.

I guess that's a fair point. My dad is Hispanic, so I have his last name, but I look just like my mom, who's Caucasian.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I actually like seeing other sims in different worlds to me like the other simmer said above they are on vacation also since mt komorebi is technically not a vacation location you will see a lot of npc there whereas when we go to the jungle or outdoors or even Baatu we really don't see npcs that much.