The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ENIGMATICS - A Supernatural Teen-Drama Comic [UPDATED 21-32!!]

Comments

• BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    yay! :smiley:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
    NEW CHAPTER!!

aEkpUT4.png
    GKOVUiH.png

• ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Greetings. New reader here. I hope my thoughts about things won't be a nuisance.

Prologue and Chapter 1.
    Interesting setup. I can definitely see some juicy drama developing!

I apologize, but I just have to say this - being an alien may point at, but doesn't automatically imply being supernatural. Even "Occult" is debatable. IF anything humans would fear and despise aliens for being essentially a forced migrants.

Not too subtle with this surname :-) Galactica :-)

I may be wrong, but I may or may not have spotted a potential reference/shout-out to Between 2 Worlds :-) Good it is intentional :-) Even if not, still nice little bit of speculation :-)

Olga <3. I certainly sense a bit of Raven from Teen titans in her attitude :-)

Technical.
    VERY difficult to read for people with eyesight issues.

I wonder why so much space on each page is left blank...

Will be reading more.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
    @DeafSimmer
    Bit by bit, you can go far...

@ArcherDK
    Heya! Welcome! And no, it's not a nuisance at all - it's always good hering people thoughts.
    About aliens, I've put some thought if they should be occults or not. In the end, considering that in this universe (and in Sims too) aliens have powers - like mind abilities and kinda of shapeshifting - I've decided to consider them occults.

No, names and surnames aren't much subtle :D

I actually don't really know Between 2 Worlds :s And a quick wiki search showed a plethora of medias with this names... :D Wuold you mind telling me more about what it is? I'm curious now haha

About the lettering size (and perhaps the white spaces): The chapters posted directly here in the forums (which are until chapter 5), are actually out of date :/ I've stopped posting directly here mainly because of rezing issues, which makes the comic harder to read.
    I'll update now the OP with direct links to the chapters posted at Tapas. I think you'll have a far better experience reading it there. <3
    GKOVUiH.png

@mrkingv
    In regards to aliens being occult - it is of course a minor thing :-)

Between 2 Worlds is a Sims 4 story by Mercuryfoam who is amongst your readers. In fact their post is first after your have posted our very first page. The story also has supernatural elements to it and while it wasn't ultimately to my greatest of likings I can say that it is well done and has grown bigger since the last time I've read it. I can't read more as I was requested not to by Author :) Perhaps it was too much of me to presume any references but hey - no harm done.

I've checked your other sources already and this issue persists. No need to worry about it :-)

GaBDvM2.jpg
    Chapter 2:
    I like the design of the school. Very believable.

Intrigue starts. Very nice way to present it. Like this.

I like it how you lampshade that if Allie just wouldn't do anything about the invitation then whatever events are to come they simply would not happen or at least not to her. Curiosity killed the alien :-)

Chapter 3.
    And here I was suspecting to find someone else in that room and not Bo and Olga. Of course.

"Because you have not corrupted your morals yet". Keyword being yet, because to uphold their task they are being shoehorned into the group will HAVE to corrupt their morals. Morality is very subjective thing. Needs of the many is all good and well, but wheat happens when you are the "few" in question. The "creep" is asking a lot of the girls. And let me guess - this is why the group has to be reformed every time? Because if they don't lose their lives Enigmatics in question just get so jaded and bitter that they simply flip the bird at this impossible task because humans just don't quit hating!

Besides, it's as if there are no morally high ADULTS out there. Gimme a break...

Oh how lovely, Allie seems angry. Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Yeah, good job.

Chapter 4
    I am very surprised that "creep" just didn't strong-arm them into obedience. I guess he really IS trying to be all high moral here. Façade of course.

Yep that's about right. Olga just peaces out. Shame it won't last.

"Mermadic" would assume that there are no male Mer and this 100% contradicts with the established canon of the story. "Mer-speech", "Merish" or simply "Mer" would be better. Also - why does Bo speak in Mer in front of her lover? Rude right there.

I actually find it amusing that Bo's mom can speak Mer Language. Wouldn't it involve them relying on their aquatic anatomy? You know, underwater communication? Minor thing but still.

So word Daмn is allowed but Blood isn't? How odd. For it to work as intended he should have said something untranslated.

Aha! Allie sees the dilemma already! They will have to use their abilities! Which just may or may not be illegal if not in word than in spirit! And THUS the "creep" will have blackmail material on them if they agree. I mean, a group of rowdy occult teens? Cannon fodder. A shame she doesn't realize this.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    @ArcherDK
    Oh, I don't use much the forums but I've just "favorited" their story and will make sure to give it a read.

I don't want to spoil it for you about Mr. Amginè, so I won't comment much about him :#

About mermadic language:
    English is not my first language, so I'm very appreciative of your feedback! I though mermadic comprised both female and male merfolks. :o So I'll make sure to update it to Mer language. Now, in this universe, you should see Mer language as just another language. On that is native to underwater nations :D But if you study it, you can learn it. That's what Bo's mom did.

And abou the d**n hehe I never thought of it as a strong word (english is not my fir...) So I'm gonna use your idea of it being untranslated ;)

Thank you so much for your comments! <3
    GKOVUiH.png

edited April 2021
    @mrkingv

General:
    As the matter of fact English is not my first language either so there we have it :-)

In regards to Bo's mom speaking the language - like I said - minor thing. Makes complete sense that they would have some form of terrestrial language. :-)

Chapter 5:
    I will be honest - the second I saw that message from Creep (I refuse to call him anything else for now), I said out loud where he can go in very profane terms. If that was the intended reaction - well done :-)

I have to say that I find it believable that Olga would agree for relatively petty reasons. SO far you have done good job presetting her...inhumanity. After all, at least Allie and Bo are ALIVE. Olga is undead. It makes perfect sense for her to be sociopathic and unapproachable. She thinks is different terms. I like this.

A question - I apologize if I missed it, but in terms of characters, did Olga meet Allie and Bo or was it the other way around? Who started this friendship?

Why do I think this was a setup? A group of racists just HAPPEN to be there in that exact moment?

Chapter 6
    Okay wait wait wait :-) Hold the phone :-) This is so full of holes it is HIL:ARIOUS!

1) Local police knows that the culprit is a occult. So it would make perfect sense for the group to remain, you know, INCONSPICUOUS. Pass as humans! Bo and Olga will do just fine with some makeup, but what about Allie? I'm sorry, but that is an Alien. No, that is still an alien. No, I looked - she has no proper disguise AND they very much can disguise. Allie can compromise the entire operation simply bu...being seen. Olga and Bo should have gone on their own.

2) Creep asks the girls to do essentially forensics job. I'm sorry - with WHAT Training? OF COURSE they don't find anything. At least Allie proved to be useful, but still something tells me that Olga would be able to smell him out. Vampire, remember?

3) No on site communications with the group? Or did Creep never heard about - you know- keeping tabs on what is happening?

4) Considering that Aquatoid turns out to be hostile...Weapons? Please?

Still - a good work :-) Really :-) This is going well :-)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Chapter 11
    “We’re... friends. Your friends! We're very sorry for freezing you.”
    😂😂🤣

Oooh, so that’s why Pallas went after humans with such anger. Looks like he wasn’t the one to land the first blow after all. I wonder why they took that stone of his. Perhaps it holds some sort of energy that can be used, or there’s some other benefit to it that makes people want it? There has to be something – they wouldn’t go through the trouble of attacking him for it if there wasn’t. Unless it’s someone that knew taking it would anger Pallas, and did it on purpose to get him to attack humans… Hmm…. 🤔

I really like how well your facial expressions match what is being said. Your chapters are always fun to read through. Olga being annoyed at everything being because of a rock made me chuckle. Fingers crossed that Pallas does end up going with them.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Chapter 7.
    This chapter does what it does and doesn't outstay it's welcome. Otherwise it is nothing that special. It works and does it's job reasonably well.. That is all.

Chapter 8.
    I like how Olga is subconsciously using Auspex. Nat detail.

Wednesday Addams reference? :-)

Mr. Dimitrescu - I MEAN - Plassmerescu has a good point there. Why should occults be ashamed of what they are and hide what they are? Where have seen that before, I wonder...Oh too many examples...

It's not about becoming savages, Olga. It's about hitting your head against the wall and eventually having enough of it. I don't think that humans will ever stop fearing occults. OF course they won't.

Okay that is really odd. Why would one random Kelpie running around causing amok would affect science institute on the other side of the continent? So far it seems that everyone ion charge is a complete buffoon.

Keep up the good work :-)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    edited April 2021
    @_sims_Yimi
    "Hey, we attacked you but maybe forgive us...?" :D
    Hm... I wonder why the stone was stolen 🤔🤔

Olga being Olga :D:D And thank you so much <3

@ArcherDK
    Oh, my! Such a dark road you're taking :o as much as I love it, it still is a light-hearted comic :D

About their friendship - you didn't miss it. I just haven't really touched upon that. But very quickly: Allie and Olga met each other as kids, and only later on they met Bo.

Other questions you've had it may
    a) be indeed a plot-hole (better tell the truth than lie :D ) or
    b) will be explained later - or even much later on.
    Btw, isn't that a communicator on Bo's ear? Hmm... 🤔🤔

Plasmescu :p-escu is a common suffix on Romanian surnames. Though, I think Olga definitely look up to Lady Dimitrescu :D

Once again, thanks <3
    GKOVUiH.png

edited April 2021
    @mrkingv
    I apologize for mispronouncing it, but it was on purpose to have some connection to Lady Dimitrescu :-) Yes, I am fully aware that this is common suffix in Romania :-)

Dark route? I am a dark man :-)...Very...Dark....

In regards to friendship - a bit unexpected but still - Lovely :-)

Communicator - what about others then?

About the holes - not PLOT holes (be they so or not), but holes in Creep's logic and decision making. In all honesty I see that for what you are trying to achieve everything is coming together very nicely :-)

GaBDvM2.jpg
    edited April 2021
    I apologize I must have mistyped last time I gave feedback. I haven't skipped any chapters.

Chapter 10.
    Well, of course people will stat to get suspicious. Besides - this whole Enigmatic business can REALLY mess up their normal day to day lives. How long before sleep deprivation and overall exhaustion sets in?

Olga doesn't need an excuse - she has gone to feed.

That is just perfect. Creep calls them "Girls" and not "Agents" or "Ladies". Shows what he REALLY thinks about them now doesn't it? Oh and "Worry about that later". OF COURSE it is not important for HIM how much their lives are ruined as long as they do what he wants. Yet another reason why Enigmatics are rotated non-stop.

Not a bad plan all things considered. And Kelpie is too angry to think rationally so yeah. That works. Good one.

Chapter 11.
    If memory serves Kelpies model has fins and other indication of being aquatic. Why didn't Bo try speaking Mer off the bat? I mean, really.

Well I have to admit that the way Bo speaks would probably be exactly how an untrained person would speak in this situation so - well done.

Typo - VeNgeance.

As good reason as any to be mad. Still, Bo is correct - attacking innocents won't do Pallas any favors. From ANYONE.

Chapter 12.
    I love how Pallas is like "Why am I here again?"

Of course Pallas would try to immediately go and steal the stone back. I am not surprised at all. Again - someone please replace the Creep with someone competent.

With that said - she (Pallas is a female name) is right. Stone has to be recovered NOW otherwise there is not way getting to it without a major heist.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    @ArcherDK
    Ooh, I see! :D
    I thought you were talking about plot holes - which though I do my best avoid them, it may happen here and there :/
    But yeah, it's all Mr. Amginè fault then >:)>:)
    Well, Bo is smart but not very clever :#
    And I really appreciate the typo warning <3 It does help a lot. Thank you!

ps: I'm sorry I don't respond every topic you make, I'm just avoiding spoiling it for you. But I love reading them!!

NEW CHAPTER!!
    Except for @ArcherDK :D

6QNtuFg.png
    GKOVUiH.png

@mrkingv
    mrkingv wrote: »
    Except for @ArcherDK :D

Very well then. I respect your wish :-) Thanks for the story it was a fun ride. I wish you best in your endeavor :-)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    edited April 2021
    @ArcherDK
    It was just a joke, because it's chapter 12, which you've already read :#:s My bad!

@DeafSimmer
    Such trouble that Pallas B)B)
    GKOVUiH.png

@mrkingv

In this case perhaps it was not a good idea to make this kind of a joke on your story's page for potentially hundreds of people to see. Just saying :-) No matter :-) Have a nice day.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I'm back! And oof I'm so excited that I have so many chapters to read at one go! I love binging manga. I hope you don't mind if I sometimes do binges on your story like this. I tend to do that with manga I subscribe to. It just makes immersion 100x better for me. :smile:

Ch8
    Am I right to assume that Olga’s dad is involved in criminal operations? Just wondering because he works at night and the clothes he wears are looking highly like the in-game criminal branch clothing… Omg that would be epic~! And oof that uncomfortable silence after Allie asked her dad about how he and her mom were being treated at work.. talk about a whopping elephant in the room.. Kinda feeling sorry for them now. Maybe I’m overthinking. Owait. I’m not overthinking. Discrimination right after. Yikes.
    Ahaha! Allie’s idea inspired by a simray? Oh dear. This is going to be fun! :D

Ch9
    I love the tension in this chapter. I can’t decide if it’s Allie overthinking things or her mom really does suspect her alibi. I’m so glad I don’t need to wait for next chapter to see how everything pans out!

Ch10
    Daww their plan is so cute. I mean.. apart from there being chock full of holes and no plan B but here goes nothing! And lo and behold it worked! I love how you added your own bat mist and empathy power effects. Really ingenious and fitting of the cartoony vibe you got going. Is this your trade/study or is doing manga just a hobby for you? Either way I love the immersion. <3
    Oh and I love how you highlighted everyone’s abilities and how they suit their personalities, Olga = stealth, Allie’s emotional nature = empathy, ah.. I was right to think Bo was calming. I’m sure she can summon a thunderstorm but given the first power introduced of her was a lullaby, it kinda sealed my impression of her character. Yup, the girls are wonderful but I have a super soft spot for Bo now :joy:
    Ch11
    Woah! I did not expect Bo to have such a huge presence in this chapter! Loving it obviously! I think her commanding the conversation was for the best. (Not just because of her linguistic ability to do so) She has such a calming, unthreatening presence, her facial expressions are so friendly. I know she subdued them that’s why she’s able to get through to them. Might be a different story once they start becoming agitated again. But her manner of speaking to them is so gentle and worded in their benefit that even their hostility is put on a minimum. I can’t imagine Olga doing the talking for one.. (Or I can and it sounds disastrous haha)

Btw how does her siren ability work? Does the lullaby ease all emotions to a ‘fine’/tranquil state and once the lullaby stops so does the effect, and thus the subject’s own emotions immediately take over but has to build up slowly? Or does it work like a spell in that the subject is put in a trance-like medium exhibiting a tranquil state, and only when the spell wears off does the subject’s emotions begin affecting them? Hehe pardon my nerd mode! And I hope that makes sense.

Ch12
    Wait, Pallas followed the girls after all! Bo’s negotiation worked! D’aaaw! I was not expecting that. I love this development. Rofl Pallas’s silence when Bo said they can keep him/her safe. So obvious that they don’t want that.
    Reading to the end of the chapter, Pallas really didn’t want that. :joy: Also, I was also a little annoyed at Amgine for not warning the girls and Pallas that the publicized donation was obviously a trap intended to lure them out. I’m pretty sure even if he warned them, Pallas would still go for it, but as the only adult in this situation, it would’ve been nice if he gave the teens a heads up in case they weren’t able to foresight the donor’s objective.

I wonder if Ms Galactica will have to save the day at the end or the girls will be fine on their own. I'd love either way. Both reeks of mega drama. :joy:
    @mercuryfoam Welcome back <3 I don't kind at all! You should read however you please :p I myself love to binge.
    Olga's dad, Nicolae, sure is a shady man hmmm Allie's parents wouldn't want to worry her
    Thanks! I'm thinking off adding more of those 'fx'. It's just a hobby - one I love, so I try to put a lot of effort on it.

About her powers: I want them to take actions that would follow their personality. I'm glad I was able to do so. :):) And yes, Bo's powers can definitely cause some chaos, but she surely would't enjoy using them that way.

Her lullabies put the subject into the desired state and they slowly grow out of it, going back to their previous state.
    In this case, Bo calmed down Pallas, putting them into a tranquil state. Over time, they would go back to raging. However, since Bo managed to put some sense into their mind, Pallas anger didn't go back 100%. Don't know if it makes sense... :D

I mean, can you blame Pallas? How can three teenagers help you? :D A shelter, sure. But help, help?
    Mr. Amginè sure is letting the girls run wild... Tsk, tsk.

They better wish not. Mrs Galactica, would come to the rescue but later on Allie would be eternally grounded. :D
    GKOVUiH.png

NEW CHAPTER!!

zWyfgLv.png
    GKOVUiH.png

• Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I read your story, i think its awesome, i love how it looks the comic graphics effect that you added to each picture :)