Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you usually change the traits of the premade sims if there is one you cannot handle?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
I've been playing with Medina family. Palmira loooooves to do 'preside over royal court' on ANY chairs. She does it so often. I understand it from excitable trait. But once she starts, I need to cancel that a couple of times, otherwise, she won't stop it. Looks like she does it 6-7 times a day on weekends. I had a look the info about Palmira on sims wiki. Excitable trait was set since she was a toddler with insane trait. If you were in my shoe, what would you do? I'd like to change her trait to other one if it was the one she randomly got while aging up to child, but I'm not comfortable to change the trait she already had from the beginning.

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    I changed Palmira Medina's Insane trait to Unstable Trait, seems more fitting in my eyes.

Palmira in my game is Unstable, Excitable, Diva, Snob, Loser
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2021
    I find a lot of sims get into a strong determined habit of repeating some really annoying animation. Preside over royal court is just one of them. Since I tend to play huge households I tend to ignore them. I only interrupt if I want them to do something else, usually work on a skill.

I did get really annoyed with a sim with the proper trait. Fortunately I found a mod to stop them from constantly changing into their formal clothes.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I mostly play my own sims but there are a few premades that I love using for their genetics although I do change them a little because they usually have too many zero slider settings for my taste. Because I play for genetics and don't want drama in my families, I will give sims whatever traits I need to keep the peace.

As for kids presiding over royal court, I have had many who didn't have either the excitable or insane traits who would do it non-stop. I use Nraas Retuner to get rid of many autonomous behaviours that I found annoying.
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    All comments here are really insightful.

Let her play what she wants or you can send her to that submarine bath. They spend the whole day in the bathtub.
    Hmmm maybe it's a bad idea if your sims are eco friendly.

Another possibility is to buy her the costume chest and a tree house (maybe the castle one) and send her away when she annoys you.
    "Go to the tree house Palmira and don't throw water on me!"
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Pretty much as annoying as Sandi French in SV - she constantly does royal court too. At least in my legacy she isn't. But then again, I micromanage her and her party-animal mother.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited January 2021
    I use a mod that prevents children from autonomous 'preside over royal court'.
    (I like to play with families and with a lot of kids, no matter what their traits are - they just won't stop doing it, and it's annoying).

Regarding premades in general - I tend to play with them without changes (most of the time), but sometimes I do tweak their looks a little bit, and a trait or two if I think it's more suitable for the character and my story.

Examples - Iqbal Alvi's unibrow - I changed to two (still thick) brows. Boyd Wainwright is in Journalism career (as a blogger) instead of Science. I did change Connor Frio's trait from unflirty to family oriented once so I could have him married to one of my sims. Xander Clavell has a different voice in my game.
  • Options
    PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    I don't hesitate from changing traits if I can come up with a reasonable explanations for a sudden change in personality :) Though if I would be tired of an action itself I would probably use mod to get rid of it as it was already suggested.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I just generally don't play the characters that have traits that annoy me. Or...I put them through The Watcher's Torture Gauntlet. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @izecson Good combination of traits but I couldn't endure that royal court thing, I removed excitable and changed her trait to heavy sleeper. She has never performed royal court thing any more. It was like a magic. :D But now she is playing with this toy very often. I don't know why..

Untitled-89.png

Now this is her new hobby, instead of that royal court thing. I have another kid,Diego, Rubisel's son. He got the couch potato since he was born in the Scott family house. Now he always watches TV stuck on sofa, Palmira always rides on a bee spring horse. They rarely play together. :( I wish they will be the best friend each other but don't seem to be.

@Karritz I agree. I misunderstood about proper trait. They criticize other sim about 'not being mannered' or something and change to formal suit so often. It's actually, annoyed. So I set the formal suit the same as everyday clothes so that he can changed his clothes to the same clothes again. :D But nowadays, I don't usually give this proper trait to my sims any more.

@Mikezumi I understand that you avoid some annoying traits for your own sims. I'm the same but now I have a small issue with that. Most of my own sims have mostly same traits or similar traits. When they meet firstly each other on street, they clap their hands for having the same traits a lot. :D I noticed a few sims my own, they had 3 same traits and they were clapping hands 3 times. :D I didn't realize it until they met on street.

@thuggishsplicer The main reason I posted this issue here is she never stop that royal court thing with ONE time command. I cancel it, the X sign shows over the chair icon, then X sign disappears and chair icon is still going on. I cancel that chair again, then only X sign has gone and still going. I eventually, cancel 2 chairs and then she stops. That's why it's annoying. It doesn't matter if she stops it with my one time command and I can ask her to do something else, but she never stops with my ONE time command. At least 2 or 3 times I have to cancel, then she stops. This is annoying me. I couldn't endure this any more. I changed her trait to heavy sleeper, and that royal court hobby has disappeared like a magic.

@Nikkei_Simmer Yes it was really annoying. I understand you with Sandy French. :) I changed her trait to heavy sleeper, now that performance has gone like a magic. :D

@Avatarit Yes that sounds a good idea but trying to reduce mods now as I'm using quite a lot of mods. :) thanks.

@Potsae Yes I had no choice. Thank you. :)

• Options
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    @izecson Good combination of traits but I couldn't endure that royal court thing, I removed excitable and changed her trait to heavy sleeper. She has never performed royal court thing any more. It was like a magic. :D But now she is playing with this toy very often. I don't know why..

Untitled-89.png

Now this is her new hobby, instead of that royal court thing. I have another kid,Diego, Rubisel's son. He got the couch potato since he was born in the Scott family house. Now he always watches TV stuck on sofa, Palmira always rides on a bee spring horse. They rarely play together. :( I wish they will be the best friend each other but don't seem to be.

@Jeansoo Yeah pretty much, those combination of traits is due to her difficult upbringing except the snob which she got from enrolling at Smuggsworth Prep School. Palmira in my game usually always keep begging another sims to compliment her thanks to her Diva trait, I think the traits work just as fine but i noticed that lifestyle trait tend to be stronger in term of autonomous interactions, couch potato is not an exception to this. my Palmira and her brother Santiago always play together, maybe it's because Santiago has Friendly trait.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »

Untitled-89.png

@Jeansoo Yeah pretty much, those combination of traits is due to her difficult upbringing except the snob which she got from enrolling at Smuggsworth Prep School. Palmira in my game usually always keep begging another sims to compliment her thanks to her Diva trait, I think the traits work just as fine but i noticed that lifestyle trait tend to be stronger in term of autonomous interactions, couch potato is not an exception to this. my Palmira and her brother Santiago always play together, maybe it's because Santiago has Friendly trait.

Ahh I can give Diego a friendly trait later on and see what will happen. I'm planning to send Palmira to boarding school too. :D Hope she will get the good traits after graduation. By the way, do Santiago and Palmira have the same mother?

• Options
    edited January 2021

Untitled-89.png

Ahh I can give Diego a friendly trait later on and see what will happen. I'm planning to send Palmira to boarding school too. :D Hope she will get the good traits after graduation. By the way, do Santiago and Palmira have the same mother?

Nope they're half-sibling but Santiago got most of his look from Teodor, I don't know whether Snob is considered good or bad trait, but I got that trait for her from the very expensive boarding school. This is how they look in my game

Palmira.png
    Santiago.png
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    I usually do for the more... Useless traits. Something like never-nude is always the first to go. It's just so unnessecary I can usually find something else to swap it out with. Or generally if I begin to help out a premade with the loser trait I eventually drop it so they're not getting kicked while they're down by the game.

Otherwise I usually like to keep premades how they were when it comes to traits or they're not really themselves after a certain point.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Untitled-89.png

Nope they're half-sibling but Santiago got most of his look from Teodor, I don't know whether Snob is considered good or bad trait, but I got that trait for her from the very expensive boarding school. This is how they look in my game

Palmira.png
    Santiago.png

Is the first one Palmira and the 2nd one is Santiago? I thought Palmira and Teodore. :D Thanks. I have no clue what to do with Rubisel family and Teodore family. I'm playing 2 families under ONE roof. If I let Teodor split out of Rebisel and purchase a new luxury house, then I will start having 2-3 secs lagging from Rubisel's houseboat. If I abandon the houseboat, then Rubisel will be sad of missing his houseboat as he has sailor trait. I'm not a big fan of gay playing but it will be the best for me to control both of them together. I'm still thinking about their relationship. They are now best friends each other but.. well I actually don't know what to do with their future life. I have another wish that Rubisel's son can fall in love with Palmira. Then Teodore and Rubisel should have remained as friends. I can wait until they age up to teen. :)

@Sorak4 Ahh..in my case, nevernude trait was very useful for removing mosaic before I started using No mosaic mod. :D But now yea I don't use that trait any more. I welcome unlucky trait but I don't like loser trait. I would change that too. :) Thank you. I can give Palmira useful traits when she ages up.
  • Options

Untitled-89.png

Palmira.png
    Santiago.png

Is the first one Palmira and the 2nd one is Santiago? I thought Palmira and Teodore. :D Thanks. I have no clue what to do with Rubisel family and Teodore family. I'm playing 2 families under ONE roof. If I let Teodor split out of Rebisel and purchase a new luxury house, then I will start having 2-3 secs lagging from Rubisel's houseboat. If I abandon the houseboat, then Rubisel will be sad of missing his houseboat as he has sailor trait. I'm not a big fan of gay playing but it will be the best for me to control both of them together. I'm still thinking about their relationship. They are now best friends each other but.. well I actually don't know what to do with their future life. I have another wish that Rubisel's son can fall in love with Palmira. Then Teodore and Rubisel should have remained as friends. I can wait until they age up to teen. :)

@Sorak4 Ahh..in my case, nevernude trait was very useful for removing mosaic before I started using No mosaic mod. :D But now yea I don't use that trait any more. I welcome unlucky trait but I don't like loser trait. I would change that too. :) Thank you. I can give Palmira useful traits when she ages up.

Yes

Untitled-89.png

Palmira.png
    Santiago.png

Yes, the second is Santiago, well you can make rubisel choose another houseboat though so it's a win win situation, I never actually like loser trait before until I decided to play it, it makes the sims much more interesting like they get more potent moodlet by winning the game and more unique wish like "Win the game for once" lol, same moodlet as any other Sims but with different name and description. Also they tend to have more unique career situations about how unlucky they are.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    You can use the NRaas Retuner mod to stop sims from doing certain things autonomously, like that "royal court" thing. :)

NRaas --> Retuner --> General --> By Object --> Chair Dining --> BeKingOrQueenForADay --> Allow Autonomous (It's set to 'True', so just click on it and it will be set to 'False'.

Same with BeKingOrQueenForADayWhileSitting.

I really recommend the Retuner mod. Last week my sims were obsessed with pillow fights so I set Autonomous to False in Retuner, Social Interactions. They can still pillow fight, but only when I want them to. :sunglasses:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options

Untitled-89.png

Palmira.png
    Santiago.png

Yes

Untitled-89.png

Palmira.png
    Santiago.png

Yes, the second is Santiago, well you can make rubisel choose another houseboat though so it's a win win situation, I never actually like loser trait before until I decided to play it, it makes the sims much more interesting like they get more potent moodlet by winning the game and more unique wish like "Win the game for once" lol, same moodlet as any other Sims but with different name and description. Also they tend to have more unique career situations about how unlucky they are.

What I meant was I would get 2-3 secs lags back while leaving Rubisel inactive in his houseboat. Rubisel was one of the main stuck sims by overwatch while I was studying what caused the lag in Isla. So I'm considering that I let Rubisel make a lot of money first, then get the 2nd home in land, then let him live at the 2nd home so that he won't go to his houseboat while activating Teodore after splitting them up. But actually, I want them to be together. :D:D:D These 2 sims are my best sims in Isla Paradiso.

@Cororon Thanks. Actually I got tons of recommendation for retuner and tried, but I have poor eyesight.. the letters were very small for me, and there were tons of interaction lists. I can't manage that.
  • Options

What I meant was I would get 2-3 secs lags back while leaving Rubisel inactive in his houseboat. Rubisel was one of the main stuck sims by overwatch while I was studying what caused the lag in Isla. So I'm considering that I let Rubisel make a lot of money first, then get the 2nd home in land, then let him live at the 2nd home so that he won't go to his houseboat while activating Teodore after splitting them up. But actually, I want them to be together. :D:D:D These 2 sims are my best sims in Isla Paradiso.

Oh, the dilemma! lol. I was also in the same position as you back when I had specific sims in my mind to be partnered with my sims Felipe Jr, but he wished to be with someone else(e.g wish to kiss random sims) instead lol. I always let my sims make their own decision unless they haven't made up their mind who they want to be with that's where I usually pick one for them.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    lolchick101lolchick101 Posts: 11 New Member
    I keep the traits. I do tweak their looks a bit though. EA made some very questionable choices with some sims