Fresh off the press - the April 13 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 16 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
Sul sul Simmers! It's awesim to see that so many of you are starting new and interesting discussions! But please make sure that you do so in the right forum section. Thank you! 🙂

Maxis Curation - General Discussions, Feedback & Reporting Concerns

SUL SUL SIMMERS!

Welcome to the General Discussions, Feedback & Concerns thread dedicated to all things Maxis Curations!

Some examples of what this thread can be used for:
  • Discussing the latest Maxis Favorites, praise & feedback
  • A place for nomination newcomers to receive help and tips on how to nominate creations
  • Do you have any concerns about the latest selected Maxis Favorites? Did we miss to spot a re-upload or do you feel that the curated content is not appropriate? You can use this thread to let us know! (For re-uploads, you can also use this Report Form to make our team aware of curated items that you find to be a re-upload without giving credit to the original creator.)
You can also start your own thread if you feel that your topic is more specific and could benefit from it's very own discussion. :smile:

If you want to discuss the specific changes that we made to the Maxis Curation Guide and provide feedback on the new process, please use this dedicated thread.

On this note, and before we leave the stage to you - our beloved community - we would like to thank you!
We would like to thank you for highlighting the most amazing community creations that the Gallery has to offer, and thus helping us to make the Sims experience something truly special for all Simmers out there.
Thank you for the encouragement and all the positivity that you send to fellow Simmers. We see it in your lovely comments on Maxis Favorites, but also when congratulating each other on your Maxis Favs on the forums and on Twitter.
And lastly, thank you for your continuous feedback and support! The rework of our Maxis Curation Guide would not have been possible without you and we are extremely grateful for having such an outstanding devoted & affectionate community!

Keep doing what you're doing and please stay safe and sound while doing so!

Happy Simming everyone! <3

- SimGuruKuxiku
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,604 Member
    edited February 16
    I have a quick question .. where or how does debug fit into the equation when looking at rooms or lots .. is it a detractor or just neutral. How much of a negative would it be .. as I consider nominations I have been placing without moo to see that very little of importance is missing and I keep an eye out for TOOL (even tho I love it) but I have noted more and more debug and I myself love debug. I have one I want to nom now but it has debug.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,604 Member
    If this is in the wrong place .. I am sorry .. not sure where to post it.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,450 Member
    I have a question & I have even reported it to the EA AHQ. Why did all my Maxis Favourite builds got flagged?

Here's the link to the report. As of now, no one is responding to it.

Here's the link, Gallery - Report & Flag abused. It's not only me, but there's many others are experiencing the same thing.

I've also noticed that, most of the Maxis Favourite creations are being re-uploaded multiple times by different users.
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 407 Member
    As awesome as Maxis favorites are, if you look at who is nominating who..it is typically the same group of People nominating one another and that is just NOT fair at all to any builder. There has to be a better system than this to nominate all kinds of builders, I could list names of the same People always getting nominated..but I'm sure no one would appreciate the obvious even though you can go look for yourself who is nominating who...PLEASE make this fair for all builders, not just People that have tons of friends in the forum!!
  • SimerallaSimeralla Posts: 89 Member
    I find the system of nominating a little bit silly. I don't see why you can't you nominate yourself. Having self-pride in your work should not be frowned upon. There are groups of people who nominate each other. it's like a clique. I agree with the above comment. Please think about it. Thank you
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 407 Member
    Simeralla wrote: »
    I find the system of nominating a little bit silly. I don't see why you can't you nominate yourself. Having self-pride in your work should not be frowned upon. There are groups of people who nominate each other. it's like a clique. I agree with the above comment. Please think about it. Thank you

You are so right, occasionally Maxis will seemingly pick their own favorite. I have brought the "clique" aspect out before, and apparently those in the clique don't like those trying to shed light on how unfair the process is!!

And basically People are nominating themselves they just ask their friends to do it and they will nominate them...that is partly how this is going down the way it is..But they believe we are too blind to see what is really going on or will not speak up in fear they will never get nominated..well I will speak up and know this system is extremely unfair and biased in SO many ways!!
  • nightlionessnightlioness Posts: 48 Member
    I appreciate the Maxis nomination process, especially making it so easy to do so on Twitter. Not everything is perfect but bringing joy to veterans and new creators in the gallery is so much fun! :)<3