We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Maxis Curation Guide Rework - Player Feedback Thread

SUL SUL SIMMERS!


If you’re reading this, you are probably eager to find out more about our Maxis Curation process and would like to get more information about the changes that we made to the guide itself.

Well, we’re glad you’re here! It’s been a while and we have a lot to tell you! Make yourself comfy with a cuppa tea and go on a little journey with us! :smiley:


  1. We don’t curate any content that violates our Terms of Service

    We have added a callout to this rule to highlight that this does not only apply for content itself going forward, but also for player accounts that have been found to have violated EA’s Terms of Service.

    Why did we add this callout?

    We know that The Sims is not just about 100-Baby-Challenges and endless nights of building dream houses. The Sims is also a safe space for a big part of our Sims Community.

    And because the world outside can be crazy enough at times, we want to do more to protect this safe space for those who truly need it.
    This means that going forward, we’ll make sure that we won’t promote any content from players who have acted against our Terms of Service. Please keep in mind that cyberbullying is also a violation of our Terms of Service and reporting players/creations that weren't violating our ToS falls into this category, too.

    If you find yourself being harassed, bullied, or even impersonated by another player in the Gallery, please make sure to let us know by heading to EA Help’s Player Report page.

    We hope that these adjustments are also a reminder for all our players to be nice and fair to each other and to treat each other with respect. We are one community after all!


  2. We only curate original content and will not consider re-uploads from users other than the original creator

    We are aware of some instances in the past where players received a Maxis Fav although their creation was a re-upload that was not tagged as such. We know this is a big talking point among some of our creators so we would like to dedicate some lines to this.

    While we would like to assure you that we are very careful when checking potential curation candidates, these things can still happen. This is because our checks are performed by real human beings who can make mistakes from time to time (I really need to program my Servobot to help me with that task!). But you can be sure that we are deeply sorry whenever something like this happens!

    Something that we see regularly is accusing comments on player’s profiles or in the comment section of re-uploads. Before we go further into this topic, let’s take a step back. Remember that people of all kinds and ages play The Sims and use the Gallery in different ways and that we don't know their personal circumstances. Sometimes, we might come across someone who doesn’t understand or isn’t aware of the overall Gallery etiquette yet. In these situations, we would like to encourage you, our Community, to help your fellow Simmers. Let them know what you normally do to give credit to another player's content or how you showcase other player’s creations. We are convinced that a lot of our new players will welcome some feedback, tips, and tricks from our more experienced ‘old stagers’. :smile:

    Besides this, we also set up this Maxis Fav Re-Upload Report Form for you where you can report Maxis Curated items that you find to be a re-upload without credit given to the original creator. We would like to ask you to use this form for Maxis Favorited re-uploads only and not for general re-uploads!* The responses coming from this form are checked and reviewed daily as part of the curation process and we will remove the Maxis Fav from a reported item if we find the report to be valid. We hope that this feature will help us follow up with any mistakenly faved re-uploads faster and in a better way.

    Although we are encouraging you to use the form mentioned above to report Maxis Favorited re-uploads, this doesn’t mean that you can’t continue to report these instances directly to us through the forums or through Twitter! But should you decide to go with this option, we are asking you to do so in a respectful manner, without being rude, or engaging in so-called naming & shaming. For more information on this, please have a look at our Forum Rules & Guidelines.
    So, when reporting a re-upload, you could use a wording like, “I believe that [Name of faved content] to be a re-upload based on a creation by [Origin ID of the original creator].”, and we’ll happily take a look. Be kind! :smile:
    * For general re-uploads, please continue to use the plagiarism report option in the Gallery.


  3. We don’t curate content that contains Custom Content (CC) or requires the use of mods to be created.

    The reasons for this are fairly simple.
    Firstly, the purpose of Maxis Favorites is to honour the most amazing creations that our community has to offer, of course.

    Secondly, it also aims to provide a pure The Sims 4 experience and a starting point for players who are new to the game. We want new players to be inspired and start their own creations based on what they see in the Maxis Fav section. At the same time, we want to avoid that new players become frustrated when they can’t re-create what they saw in a Max Fav because that particular creation has a specific rotated object (using the T.O.O.L. Mod), a picture that’s not in the Decoration section of the build & buy catalog, or because it makes use of a custom pose in the Gallery.

    Please don’t worry, you will still be able to upload your content using those CC/mod features to the Gallery and nothing will change about that. But in order to receive a Maxis Fav for your creation, please make sure to replace custom paintings or thumbnail poses with original game content and not to rotate objects using the TOOL mod. If you can’t go without CC, you can simply upload 2 different versions of your creation - one with CC and one without which then is eligible for the Maxis Fav selection (and trust me, if your creation receives a Maxis Fav, there will be plenty of players looking at your other creations as well including the ones using CC! :wink:).


That’s all we have for you at this point.

We hope that you enjoyed this glimpse behind the scenes of Maxis Curations and that you are happy with the changes that we made as well as the reasoning behind them.

Of course, our journey doesn’t end here. We would like to know what you think about this new approach; is there anything that you’re not sure about? Do you feel something should be done differently? Do you have any questions? Let us know below!

And now, you’re all set to get those Maxis Fav nominations out there: on the forums, on Twitter, we want all of them! ALL OF THEM!!!


Thanks everyone and Happy Simming!

- SimGuruKuxiku
This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you!
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 791 Member
    Thank you for breathing new life to the Maxis nominations process @SimGuruKuxiku :) I enjoy nominating my fellow creators as I love being a small part of giving them that overjoyed feeling of being honored in the gallery. I feel this is one place that I and others can truly have a positive impact on our gallery community. I will continue to be a responsible nominator, taking care to consider the guidelines you put forth. I also appreciate your candid discussion about how our community behaves. I have literally said some of these things to certain members of our creative community over the years. We, as a community must lead with kindness and begin a new dialog together. One focused on respectful teaching of best practices and not of naming, shaming and accusing. As a teacher myself, I'm all for encouraging this attitude in our community and already do <3

    Now, I'm off to make some fun Twitter nominations! Dag Dag!
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png




  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi, thanks very much @SimGuruKuxiku for these important news hoping simmers'll be encouraged to a better behaviour in gallery with kindness towards other players.👍🏻

    About the educational way: I appreciate very much @GLovely1 (when she spots a re-uploaded creation) with her kind message that encourages to create own creations... and also thank Lisa 🤗 for spreading this thread info / link for more simmers to know and read it. 👍🏻
    For trolls, haters and rude people in the own creation comment section: I can't think about any educational message that would fit well because they like to offend and see the result (so I ignore them without any message). In some cases I just deleted the insults got on my creations and in some other I kept those bad comments there (still deciding about the "flag option") never answering to those as usual.

    I really appreciate Maxis to care about harassment in gallery with the link given for this purpose: it is very much needed by many of us to be defended in our Sim-players rights in gallery ❤️
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
  • RubydesighnsRubydesighns Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank You For Doing These New Rules Hopefully People Will Stop Builing And Hating!
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Thank you for this thread @SimGuruKuxiku ! <3
    Brennachan wrote: »

    @Brennachan Thank you very much for the nomination, dear Brenna! <3
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    TY for the fab info! Very interesting reads!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Glad to see that there are some guidelines, but please make this fair to EVERY builder...the same People nominating their friends is in no way fair! Please make this FAIR to ALL builders!!! Not just those that have friends on the forum. We all buy the games and contribute to adding wonderful things to the gallery, EVERYONE'S builds should have the same potential to be nominated...forum friends or not!! Thank you, and if you don't get where I'm coming from, go look at who is nominating who...same group over and over again..Please make this a fair thing for all!
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 791 Member
    I nominate regularly and have done so for the last couple of years. It’s an honor for me when my nominations get selected. I love sharing positivity in the gallery any way I can. I have never once felt this process was unfair. I also do not see this friends nominating friends notion that gets spoken about occasionally. Here’s what I see - Kind simmers taking extra time out of their busy lives to responsibly write nominations for strangers, friends, popular creators and brand new ones. Then I see the people responsible for selecting nominations consider their guidelines and typically award weekly Maxis favs from nominations. Anyone can make nominations yet very few actually do. I encourage everyone to take the extra time to make nominations. I especially encourage creators that feel this process is unfair to step up and make thoughtful nominations. Be the change you wish to see <3
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png




  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    edited April 2021
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    I nominate regularly and have done so for the last couple of years. It’s an honor for me when my nominations get selected. I love sharing positivity in the gallery any way I can. I have never once felt this process was unfair. I also do not see this friends nominating friends notion that gets spoken about occasionally. Here’s what I see - Kind simmers taking extra time out of their busy lives to responsibly write nominations for strangers, friends, popular creators and brand new ones. Then I see the people responsible for selecting nominations consider their guidelines and typically award weekly Maxis favs from nominations. Anyone can make nominations yet very few actually do. I encourage everyone to take the extra time to make nominations. I especially encourage creators that feel this process is unfair to step up and make thoughtful nominations. Be the change you wish to see <3
    *snip*

    People can actually go and see who everyone nominated time and time again, right? lol I will gladly tally up who was recommended over and over again, and the one that was recommended then starts getting recommended by the person they recommended...in what world is that fair?

    (EA_Lanna: Polite and friendly please)
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 791 Member
    edited April 2021
    Unfortunately I think you are choosing to see the faults only @brenleedee ~ Of course, as with any system, there are faults within this one too. Why continually focus there though? Maxis favs are an honored part of the gallery community. I respect each I've received and more importantly, I celebrate each one that's earned through one of my nominations. Favs help highlight great creations and creators as I said in my first post. I respect the nomination process in order to help our community. I am honestly confused when others can't see where and how they can help in the Maxis Fav process. Maxis reviewers, gurus or whoever is making the selections for curation have clearly and respectfully asked for community help. We ~ You .. me .. all of the gallery members who have been in the gallery for ages, that's who they are asking. We are community. We are responsible, likeminded and fair simmers who can and should make thoughtful nominations. Insinuating members are behaving unfairly is disappointing.

    Yes, I'm active on the nomination thread. I've committed to giving the help Maxis has asked us for. What we all should be most concerned about is the fact that anyone can nominate, anytime, yet hardly anyone actually does. Why aren't you? This is a newly revamped system that allows for Twitter nominations too. Please, try with us. Join positively with this part of our community <3
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png




  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    @SimGuruKuxiku Will there be an update to the guidelines as to the whole bb.moveobjects thing being alerted in game now?
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    Having a nominate option alongside the other options would be nice. Having nominations only be considered on the forums is limiting. Also, self-nominating feels wrong, at least to me.
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 791 Member
    Cangwen wrote: »
    Having a nominate option alongside the other options would be nice. Having nominations only be considered on the forums is limiting. Also, self-nominating feels wrong, at least to me.

    You can also nominate creations you like from players on the gallery on the Twitter app. To do this, open your Twitter, use the #MaxisFav hashtag and name the creator, the creation title and reason why you are nominating is also helpful. If you can get the online gallery link to the creation it's good to post on your tweet too. Sometimes I can't connect to the online gallery so I post a screenshot of the creation I am nominating. That has worked as well. Somewhere in the rules here it states self nominations are not considered or something like that. Have fun nominating the great creations you see in the gallery! 💜
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png




  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    edited November 2022
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    Cangwen wrote: »
    Having a nominate option alongside the other options would be nice. Having nominations only be considered on the forums is limiting. Also, self-nominating feels wrong, at least to me.

    You can also nominate creations you like from players on the gallery on the Twitter app. To do this, open your Twitter, use the #MaxisFav hashtag and name the creator, the creation title and reason why you are nominating is also helpful. If you can get the online gallery link to the creation it's good to post on your tweet too. Sometimes I can't connect to the online gallery so I post a screenshot of the creation I am nominating. That has worked as well. Somewhere in the rules here it states self nominations are not considered or something like that. Have fun nominating the great creations you see in the gallery! 💜

    Not everyone has Twitter.
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 791 Member
    Cangwen wrote: »
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    Cangwen wrote: »
    Having a nominate option alongside the other options would be nice. Having nominations only be considered on the forums is limiting. Also, self-nominating feels wrong, at least to me.

    You can also nominate creations you like from players on the gallery on the Twitter app. To do this, open your Twitter, use the #MaxisFav hashtag and name the creator, the creation title and reason why you are nominating is also helpful. If you can get the online gallery link to the creation it's good to post on your tweet too. Sometimes I can't connect to the online gallery so I post a screenshot of the creation I am nominating. That has worked as well. Somewhere in the rules here it states self nominations are not considered or something like that. Have fun nominating the great creations you see in the gallery! 💜

    Not everyone has Twitter.

    You can easily make a Twitter account or continue using this forum platform to make nominations. Happy simming to you :)
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png




  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    Cangwen wrote: »
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    Cangwen wrote: »
    Having a nominate option alongside the other options would be nice. Having nominations only be considered on the forums is limiting. Also, self-nominating feels wrong, at least to me.

    You can also nominate creations you like from players on the gallery on the Twitter app. To do this, open your Twitter, use the #MaxisFav hashtag and name the creator, the creation title and reason why you are nominating is also helpful. If you can get the online gallery link to the creation it's good to post on your tweet too. Sometimes I can't connect to the online gallery so I post a screenshot of the creation I am nominating. That has worked as well. Somewhere in the rules here it states self nominations are not considered or something like that. Have fun nominating the great creations you see in the gallery! 💜

    Not everyone has Twitter.

    You can easily make a Twitter account or continue using this forum platform to make nominations. Happy simming to you :)

    Not everyone wants a Twitter account. Not everyone goes to the sims forums. It feels limiting and elitist to only be able to nominate through these websites. Why can't your wrap your head around that?
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 791 Member
    Cangwen wrote: »
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    Cangwen wrote: »
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    Cangwen wrote: »
    Having a nominate option alongside the other options would be nice. Having nominations only be considered on the forums is limiting. Also, self-nominating feels wrong, at least to me.

    You can also nominate creations you like from players on the gallery on the Twitter app. To do this, open your Twitter, use the #MaxisFav hashtag and name the creator, the creation title and reason why you are nominating is also helpful. If you can get the online gallery link to the creation it's good to post on your tweet too. Sometimes I can't connect to the online gallery so I post a screenshot of the creation I am nominating. That has worked as well. Somewhere in the rules here it states self nominations are not considered or something like that. Have fun nominating the great creations you see in the gallery! 💜

    Not everyone has Twitter.

    You can easily make a Twitter account or continue using this forum platform to make nominations. Happy simming to you :)

    Not everyone wants a Twitter account. Not everyone goes to the sims forums. It feels limiting and elitist to only be able to nominate through these websites. Why can't your wrap your head around that?

    You are bringing up personal opinions which is not what I was trying to answer or discuss with you. Making nominations is very easy and rewarding to do. Two reasons why I've chosen to share nominations for years now. Have a good rest of your week ~
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png




  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    Cangwen wrote: »
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    Cangwen wrote: »
    GLovely1 wrote: »
    Cangwen wrote: »
    Having a nominate option alongside the other options would be nice. Having nominations only be considered on the forums is limiting. Also, self-nominating feels wrong, at least to me.

    You can also nominate creations you like from players on the gallery on the Twitter app. To do this, open your Twitter, use the #MaxisFav hashtag and name the creator, the creation title and reason why you are nominating is also helpful. If you can get the online gallery link to the creation it's good to post on your tweet too. Sometimes I can't connect to the online gallery so I post a screenshot of the creation I am nominating. That has worked as well. Somewhere in the rules here it states self nominations are not considered or something like that. Have fun nominating the great creations you see in the gallery! 💜

    Not everyone has Twitter.

    You can easily make a Twitter account or continue using this forum platform to make nominations. Happy simming to you :)

    Not everyone wants a Twitter account. Not everyone goes to the sims forums. It feels limiting and elitist to only be able to nominate through these websites. Why can't your wrap your head around that?

    You are bringing up personal opinions which is not what I was trying to answer or discuss with you. Making nominations is very easy and rewarding to do. Two reasons why I've chosen to share nominations for years now. Have a good rest of your week ~

    This isn't a matter of personal opinion, but a matter of making something more accessible to everyone. I also would like to point out that the simgurus have the final say, not you. As you have put it, have a good rest of your week.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,745 Member
    if you're going to add infants and crib to the base game you should add change tables as well! Otherwise we're forced to buy Growing Together just so we have someplace to change the infants
    6adMCGP.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top