Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holiday decor - we need a no-thanks option per world

Sorry if I posted this before, but it is still bugging me big time that whenever the calendar draws a holiday, the houses are decorated as if the residents can't have enough. The worst is hedges, and say fences enclosing a poor famer's field - lamps and colors everywhere! I know I can enter the house and probably adjust what kind of decor shall be used per house (?), but that helps me nada when visiting the temple in Selvadorada during a holiday - tada - lamps and seasonal colors and designs everywhere! I don't need 100% realism, but the decor issue is way out of hands. And why would residents in Sukani decorate their houses with ice cones just because the northern part of the globe do that? Have Sulanites actually ever seen ice??? And, I like to pretend they have a different culture than sims in Willow Creek - so why do they decorate comunity lots with "northern" colors green and red for Winter fest, and silver and blue for New Year?

I so much wish that we had a simple way to have single worlds (or lots) opt out of the decor hysteria. I'd uncheck Selvadorada and Sulani right away. If this could rather we revised, I'd gladly spend my time decorating rather than tearing down the lamps I don't want. It would be a massive time saver.

And yes, I did try to uncheck decor per holiday in calendar, but it did not affect all community lots.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yeah this is kinda bothering me too XD I wish we had more control & setting to set for each world to really create different cultures...
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    If it was only happening once every year I could have ignored it, but thing is there seems to be an excuse for such decor every season. And one major point of Seasons EP is to fill the calendar with holidays, right... In addition, I have seen winter fest decor in Summer, I guess it's more likely to happen when playing rotationally, which many do.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Maybe if you uncheck in the calendar the use of deco in the each holiday it could help? You could still decorate your sims house, but maybe it would stop the auto decor? I haven't tried it yet, just and idea :)