Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Split bank accounts

I would love to have a more in depth money system in the sims 4 where you could have a couple of different bank accounts, like a saving account and a spending account. Then you could have cash machines and cards to withdraw money and you could split money between different priorities and people in the household.

For example, you could put money aside in case an appliance breaks or you have a fire and need to replace furniture.

As well as this, you could save up money for your children to go to university and get a house.

Children could also then have their own pocket money which they have to use to buy their own toys!

I think there is a mod for this but I would love to see it implemented in the game.

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    That would be nice to play and a teen can have they own money when they get off of work instead putting it with the rest of the house.
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    Yesss! It's hard to teach my Sims teens to have a work ethic when all their money is funneled into the family account. Seems a tad unfair to me...
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yesss! It's hard to teach my Sims teens to have a work ethic when all their money is funneled into the family account. Seems a tad unfair to me...

Right that could be added to a Education School pack like a teen can have a after school job instead of a school activity or a weekend job but keep the money for college or save up on a car if/when we get them. I mean it's been 6-7 years and we still don't have vehicles like... :s
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Right that could be added to a Education School pack like a teen can have a after school job instead of a school activity or a weekend job but keep the money for college or save up on a car if/when we get them. I mean it's been 6-7 years and we still don't have vehicles like... :s

Definitely and the parents can also save for their kid's university if they want to pay for them to go- sort of like a child savings account and some money they can have from their parents when they move out.
  • amaniaaaamaniaaa Posts: 58 Member
    SimRealist have a finance mod like this, you could try to tell them your ideas
  • teamjenteamjen Posts: 50 Member
    I have thought about this too and I mainly want it for my teenagers to have their own pocket money and if they decide to move out the house it could come from them. So my idea is kinda similar to yours.

It would work like this. A single sim household (ya-elder) would have their own money but when they decide to marry another sim they would either combine all their money or decide to keep their money separate. If they do keep their money separately you the player would have decided how much each is paying for the bills. When it comes to buying things specifically in build buy mode for the house both spouses money would combine automatically. Your idea with bank accounts would be easier because they could an account specifically for BB. When comes to sims that are teens and younger would not have their own account/money unless they start working. I know they don’t have this in sims 4 but for example a child would not have their money but if they decide to sell lemonade or sell bake goods they game would automatically give them an account. A teenager would not have an account until they get a part-time job.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    sorry but i have to disagree sinceas a player i find te game perfect as it is
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Even though I use SR's SNBank mod, I like the idea of teaching teens to be responsible with money. One thing that could also be cool would be rabbithole trips, and depending on how responsible the teen is, they could make impulse buys and such.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    smilepanda wrote: »
    I would love to have a more in depth money system in the sims 4 where you could have a couple of different bank accounts, like a saving account and a spending account. Then you could have cash machines and cards to withdraw money and you could split money between different priorities and people in the household.

For example, you could put money aside in case an appliance breaks or you have a fire and need to replace furniture.

As well as this, you could save up money for your children to go to university and get a house.

Children could also then have their own pocket money which they have to use to buy their own toys!

I think there is a mod for this but I would love to see it implemented in the game.

This is good ideas! I also want the ability to take a loan (based on your sims bank account, a smaller loan with a smaller interest rate/bigger loan with a higher interest rate) to buy a bussiness/restaurant/clinic/hotel.
  • jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    Yep! Split up the accounts...so you can control your kids allowances. Or your spouse can have a secret "account on the side"...