Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Nevis Legacy [Updated 11.06.21]

Hello!

Welcome to The Nevis Family Legacy. I've been a Simmer for many years, having started with the Sims 1 back in the day, and always wanted to complete a legacy challenge from start to finish but for various reasons, never managed. I've been unable to play the Sims 4 for a couple of years now, but I recently built a new PC and I can play again, so I have decided to start a brand new legacy challenge which I'm very excited about :) I love reading other peoples' legacies and stories, so figured I would make an attempt at sharing my own for the very first time. At the very least, come the end of the legacy, I'll have a place to look back on the entire challenge in a more cohesive and better-documented format than just my Sims 4 screenshots folder.

MnLhKCU.jpg

So, welcome to The Nevis Legacy! The name is taken from Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the UK. It's located in Scotland, where I'm from, so I thought it would be a fitting choice.

The Nevis Legacy is a pretty standard legacy challenge. I'm following Pinstar's challenge rules, to an extent, though with a few changes. I also won't be calculating any points for this legacy, since I think it would ruin the fun of the story and gameplay for me.

Main rules
  • 10 generations (founder is generation 0, founder's children will be generation 1)
  • Succession rules: heir can be any gender, and will mostly be picked on which Sim I want most to carry on the next generation
  • Traits will be randomised for all children
  • Spouses can only be Sims generated by the game, i.e. no gallery or custom-made Sims are allowed to marry into the family. This is mostly just to add some extra fun / challenge to the legacy

No money / game-breaking cheats will be used, but I will be using MCCC to improve gameplay.

This is primarily a legacy playthrough rather than a storytelling venture. I will be attempting to make it at least somewhat enjoyable to read, but we'll see how that goes. I hope you enjoy!

Founder - Max Nevis
0.1 / 0.2 / 0.3 / 0.4 / 0.5 / 0.6 / 0.7 / 0.8 / 0.9 / 0.10 / 0.11 / 0.12 / 0.13 / 0.14 / 0.15 / 0.16

Generation 1
1.0 / 1.1
MnLhKCU.jpg
Post edited by tinyv0idcat on

Comments