Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January 2 - Day 12 of Simsmas - An Awesim New Home

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

On the twelvth day of Simsmas we are jumping into our last challenge of these 12 Days of Simsmas. I really enjoyed the little challenges - I hope you did, too! :)

So, after all the makeovers, the great celebrations, and the new year resolutions, the only thing missing from the list now are new surroundings!

My Sims have grown a bit tired of her tiny home, it feels so 2020 (I feel you, dear, I really do ...)!

5xxxbgy16cjy.png

So, for today's challenge, get creative and renovate her home! You can download it HERE.

There are a few rules for this challenge:
  • Changing the layout or the basic structure of the house is not allowed.
  • My Sim has to be able to live in it so everything inside has to be useable.
  • CC is allowed
For our Simmers who are not playing The Sims 4: You can still participate in this challenge of course! Simply create a liveable home that is as small as possible! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing your creations! You can share them to the Gallery using #Simsmas2020!

And for all of you who are not playing The Sims 4: You can always create a version of the two-storey house in your favourite title! You can see the dimensions in the picture above. :smiley:

And with this final challenge, we are concluding the 12 Days of Simsmas 2020 Edition.

Thank you all so much for joining the 12 Days of Simsmas - I hope you had as much fun participating as I had preparing these tasks! :heart:

Happy New Year everyone and all the best for an awesim 2021! :heart:

- Leeloo

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    I am chipping away at a build in my free time today, hopefully can finish later this evening. Tiny home builds are my favorite so I’m looking forward to it!!!
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited January 2021
    Here's my contribution, available in the gallery under Simsmas 2020 - Tiny Home. My gallery ID is permanentrose537. There’s no CC but I didn’t pay attention to what packs I used so it probably has a bunch of random stuff from a ton of packs haha

The "fence" on the balcony area is just jungle adventure windows using the MOO cheat, so I did not add to the tile count!

hBQfaki.png
    sBgx9HL.png
    xiSJxWm.png
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Kids all left to go to friends and hubby is playing golf, so I might load my game and give this a go LOL
    My attempt <3

EXqJERm.png

oJ0eglQ.png

oqBWsA4.png

gbkaNUp.png

ncbbpxy.png
    edited January 2021
    @mcrudd I love it! It's so cozy and cute. It's cool to see how differently and similarly we both used the space!
    @mcrudd I love it! It's so cozy and cute. It's cool to see how differently and similarly we both used the space!

aww thank you <3 I hit a complete blank when I had it downloaded at first. Then I did the roofs, came back here to gander at yours and realized mine is identical hahahaha. So it was back to the drawing board until I came up with that one instead. I play tested the bottom, still need to playtest the top then I might pop it on the gallery. I am not really a builder so yeah LOL. I must say your's was a big inspiration for me <3 Love your little housie :)
  • GPHGPH Posts: 67 Member
    I hate this website there’s no ideas section
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    GPH wrote: »
    I hate this website there’s no ideas section

@GPH, here is a link to The Sims 4 Feedback section with has a feedback section as well as an ideas section... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    @permanentrose and @mcrudd I love your creations!! They are very different in style but so cosy! :heart:

@GPH I'm looking forward to reading your ideas in the TS4 Game Feedback section that @lisasc360 has linked in the above post. :)
    Thank you @EA_Leeloo <3
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    LOve your builds @permanentrose and @mcrudd

@EA_Leeloo This was a tricky one (looked deceptively easy!) and took me longer than I thought - plus I didn't want to make it look like the others. I went for modern and used just Base game, free holiday and Tiny Living.

Gallery Link: Tiny PArty Pad
    zzDH3H5.png
    OrT7FFk.png
    Fha7GF8.png
    u3fJXq6.png

I made a slideshow here which shows floor layouts etc.
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    Full disclaimer: I'm not a builder. I've probably built two (now three including this one) houses since I started playing, but maybe I'm going to start practicing more. Also, I am today years old when I found out how to do split the staircase in levels (idk what it's official term is) AND how to make the roof more curved. My ongoing noobness continues but this was really fun.

Thank you for the challenges @EA_Leeloo though I was only able to join a few.

firstbuild.png

I'm terrible at screencapturing builds, so if you fancy a gander or a meander, you can find it under Wellwisher's Cottage.

Another really extra thing is that I ended up making a Sim to go with the build, her name is Madelyn Wellwisher. I named her dogs after types of doughnuts I'm really loving right now.
    @Becka28 I absolutely love what you have done with the blueprint, what a unique approach! Especially the terrasse is right up my alley! Really well done (and sorry for making this a tough one :sweat_smile:)!

@Kanindota That's a wonderful little house - it makes it hard to believe you have hardly ever built before! It's awesome and has a nice 'witchy' vibe to it that I adore. Great job! :heart:
  • NormalKatNormalKat Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello! i have a question. its something off topic but i need help. my game is currently having a glitch. so i'm trying to uninstall the game and reinstall it but i'm worried i might lose all my packs. please help!
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,014 Member
    Just wanted to take a moment to say how much I've enjoyed seeing the unique build styles in this thread. I'm new to Sims 4 and am learning how things work in build mode. I played Sims 3 for years, but have discovered there are differences in Sims 4. So far, I've liked most of the changes. :)
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    NormalKat wrote: »
    Hello! i have a question. its something off topic but i need help. my game is currently having a glitch. so i'm trying to uninstall the game and reinstall it but i'm worried i might lose all my packs. please help!

@Normalk, it would be best to post this over on the AHQ site as that is where they want all glitches and bugs to be reported at.

Here is the link to the site... :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    Lovely houses everyone <3
    I know I am late with mine, but the job I do as a carer takes up a lot of my time.
    I am not a builder or designer so this was new to me but fun.

AthL5HY.png
    jKvhfrg.png
    rPUN725.png
    wr3UBjW.png
    kij3b1a.png
    042Z3E0.png
    ypTY8dt.png
    m0oUDbi.jpg
    @jaunty That is a lovely house! So well done and I love the blue theme. :smiley: Thanks for sharing your creation!
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    Awww thank you @EA_Leeloo it has made me want to maybe try my hand at creating more in game :smile:
    Thank you for all the fun challenges I know I only did a few but I enjoyed them and it took my mind of things :)
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,014 Member
    edited February 2021
    Well, it took longer than I thought to build my version of the plan, but I thought I'd go ahead and share it. I wanted to do an Off The Grid lot, which I'd never done before. I had to sort through items to make it work right! I also chose a sim from the gallery with the Loves the Outdoors and Loner traits. Turns out she was a teenager. I just assumed she was a YA. (I was browsing the Gallery quickly.) I didn't know Sims 4 would let a teen live alone! ;)

Anyway, I was able to keep to the original 64 tiles, so the house fits the Tiny Home Tier 2 category as well as living Off the Grid assignment. I placed the lot on the small island in Windenberg. It was early spring, so many of the plants are not in full bloom. But here are my pics.

y4mzeiuGWllDZiLWwMNeUWWxwhS_WC3y-LL9LXZX5ZNftImugNzmWVh0u-hrgl8FZ5z_qnwnknZB83MD0s_LWQ-oEjlEmnImXTJcrmN3PtxooRTrwf_TNd7r9oRbfpcL34LAbU_SqV7lGp14cbJLipZciVzn36gTiRy1eg5BMM8JSu-6Gm_lHN-_79rcMxZrFzo?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

y4mIwr4w5q1bgnqEYqKSM3toTYW2pjWLtUuJuvKVV5Su1ZpdYWmpD-7C44KjB0o_qGwAbqJMIoYlwhdgOdgxvbeQKC4Y1GT0w_VSjWy7Uxa-tTT3CqmqLsc9MytGxbTicb0_BpB2i3tpGoVYJq4R4zAWsjzGF02Vrv8vyE4amMNhoZXdwoev7H7Q0L_bdo7bR_q?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

y4mE0tpVAPsgGOQv3iQPeXKrHDJJ4g_i832GBz3oNI13U90Mpd2PmQb2_X4IUovIfeg5O-QikTkDcnneGV8uahiYUXKCO-MdzD1lujO9BLHmS1Ibr-m-1K7DsxmBMdMei8WdoaJf-GUeMDFHBxjUXRR1T-3GgFD0Pavn-nf3ZcZmEXHPQe4H1obvYqyfLho5f8j?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

y4mu8jiTDunBkAhLWeSl0g8ExrP7D7croxs_X8zzVT6v0OcZL3BB5X1wCfWoB-SGm0IoXs6TYm8ZTpG_Q852UPO1gj6BdA4a-S8MnQxSZ9Ya0EzuVttZro4qtjqYxY-lD-KpZjNGuDfFtYN605zrvlVdFZZSNrNmc-ievpi8NSS5Okgo8ghlG4_Vhjg47v4vUMq?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

y4mGZB8huY0wqhCGz3jVNbre5GKtvFMk-uE8cDfGlow5XpDS5ziOCEzzY8OBRYFxXYowi8OBWb0UNzrKCC3MGQvqlVutv8QGZV4fCp0nis9lh-OROIDth1VCOJg2oMOElXES6r6fhhWsw810BBCxntM0RUsIWCGHTrTUhyNpkCd5UCdv51kKThb9xgEJVLVr4xx?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

y4mGVwLf5l-w2FPe4GZwkCK5f1AIIysB61P4AmGIBRNi0w2KNeZ_O6N1bkz_fNXXQ0QJpeivP1hEN5_vAbb12Xx18AoClbOsNEhJCp8W_Z3hwZazQBwkU6rBoquIJtQJSuk8CXVHapLWbhYcez6kzoRFZccyA2ROhwN_HFcnHGJ_nsAVn0HB7t2q3GYFmVn-90v?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    I wanted to point out that the bathroom contains a CC item: a combo toilet and sink. Talk about space saving! :D
    y4maQ1gc43ysdId4Y7N-eQW-wLNC6LYbbj93HPDA4YyElzHw76ExnL_XjD8ausiT7HjJWulUDm39D_t2QEOLAE-UcJuuSCs5E7pYIHYU4fDOJ7srqkX7HWBDWo6Q87bmKA7NsxCu49T47SkHyQVxFSpJUNEf9NobpnRGTz5reUewirxMrIcyKTRXrew5L9dIgrK?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm late to the party as well but this is my version of the Simsmas 2020 house.

cFhOQS9.png
    Ced6S58.png
    kWUa5FR.png
    AKHnGQp.png

I have also uploaded it to the Gallery. I hope you like it.

Edit: Forgot to add that I go by the name of @Grevillia on the Gallery. :)