Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Skeilah
    Today's chapter will explain what happened. I hope it isn't too farfetched and is somewhat believable. :)

Yes, miracles do happen. I'm just happy nobody was hurt! Our house is a mess now and will be until Spring, but it's cool. :)

:D No straight hair for Tessa in the future. Maybe, that might change considering my post for today. o.O Thanks again about that screenshot! <3 Yep, Josh is the middle child.

Uh, maybe they just keep adding more and more wheels? It could happen, right? I mean, anything's possible, it's the Sims! ;)

I know, right? It just went by SO fast to me. Seems like this year just started and now tomorrow is February already. I love everyone's explanation, they're so creative and logical. Mine? Not so much. :D

Day 31:

Wow! A little brother for Bryon eh? That's awesome! Naoki is quite insane though. LOL He's such a spur of the moment, 'Let's do it!' kind of guy. No nonsense, no thinking about it, just do it! I like that in a way, but that kind of attitude can get you into heaps of trouble too. What a fun explanation for moving to Windenburg. I'm excited to find out what happens next for these two! :)

@permanentrose
    Glad Jules decided her weird little strawman could go with her too! Very cool it'll be the weekend for her too so she can properly explore the island a little bit. I totally knew exactly what song you had in mind from the post title! I love that song! Short but oh so sweet update. Can't wait to read how everything goes for her and Mario and everything else in her life in Windenburg. :)

I love grafting in the game, it's fun and satisfying. Especially now that it doesn't take forever to get what you grafted for like it used to be in the past. Tessa has grafted for an Orchid too, but she hasn't gotten one yet. Good luck getting a death flower! Those are so useful and worth so much now since ROM came out. Thanks, I like her new hairstyle too. Not sure if she'll keep it though considering what's happened. Hope the story I came up with for Tessa isn't considered too farfetched. o.O I had fun coming up with it, took me way to long to write today's post though. I hope I didn't leave any plot holes, I tried to cover all the bases though. Anyway, welcome to Windenburg! So great you'll be there with everyone else now! \o/

About my post: I had a blast coming up with that background story for Tessa. So not lame eh? *whew* Good! I have no idea what'll happen from here forward, but we'll see. I do have a couple ideas and the story of how she got into that program running around in my mind though, one of which will be another BIG shocker. It's slowly melding together. I'll share more of it as time goes on. :)

@SoulGal7
    Ohhhh! Okay, I had no idea. Thanks for letting me know! I wish we'd gotten some kind of pop-up to let us know your Sims get all those goodies for climbing the mountain and other activities. Maybe there was one though and I just missed it? Yep, I knew that bowl came with EL, I love it! It's so pretty. You're exactly right, the real bowl looks extremely similar to the in-game bowl. I bet that's what the Devs had in mind when they included it. Oh! And you know what else? I bet it was meant as an Easter Egg for Snowy Escape too! They say they don't put clues to futrue packs in the game, but they so DO! Who are they trying to kid eh? :D

Poor Tessa, she was having such a great day and then her past had to catch up with her again. I felt so bad doing that to her, but I couldn't figure out any other reason why she'd just suddenly pick up and leave. Clearly I didn't plan very well for the end of the month. Next month, I'm hoping I'll have something in mind way before the end of the month. We'll see... Yeah, she was actually just incredibly sad from a mood swing. Don't know why someone would make that face just before they cried, but it worked out in my favor. ;)

Day 31: I don't know where to start, so much happened! Okay, first off, so cute how Kyoshi got Judith Ward's autograph and that she was flirting with him! She's such a cougar. LOL Absolutely love Sakura's outfit, beautiful! I think Kaori still has feelings for Kyoshi and obviously her Grandmother doesn't know she and Kyoshi are not a couple anymore. Another clue she may still hope they can be together.

I'm glad Kyoshi set her straight about how there could be nothing between them ever again, he's with Sakura now. I don't blame Sakura for being upset about all the pictures of Kyoshi and Kaori together, even in his room. o.O I think she knew deep in her heart that there was nothing going on behind her back.

I see Megumi is still up to her pushy ways with trying to get him to stay the night because, "Nanami will be so happy!" Oh she's good, she's really good at pouring on the guilt. Such a sweet parting for these two at the end. What a wonderful update and end of the month post. Oh and those two guys you downloaded from the Gallery are gorgeous! I might just have to snag them for myself. :D

@Ellupelluellu

Thank you so much for uploading Melody and her house! I didn't notice you'd uploaded her house too, but I have Melody in my game now. :)

@Kanindota
    Thank you! You'll find out what happened in today's post. ;) Ah, your brother-in-law sounds like someone who just love's life and all it's possibilities. That's actually a great attitude to have about life. :) You're very welcome!

Oh my gosh! What a drama and action filled last couple days for River! o.O His first time, a successful mountain climb (Congrats BTW!) and then the accidental death on top of it all, not to mention everyone knew about he and Kat and made no qualms about it. Wow! I guess I don't blame him one bit for getting an earlier flight to leave all that behind. Great update!

Oh no! This is the second time your family has had COVID? o.O I thought you could only get it once and then you're immune. o.O I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! *Hugs*

@Hermitgirl
    Yes, I loved having Tessa so happy for a change. But then I had to go and ruin it, or I should say the government did. Yeah, it's their fault, not mine...that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

I love how immediately after Nanami aged up, she and Roxanne had a disagreement while sharing birthday cake. LOL It'll be interesting to see if anything happens in the future with these two. Especially knowing Roxanne's devious ways. ;) I'm sure 'ol Clement will hound her to the ends of the Earth, get her attention and then wander off somewhere else. HAHA It's in his nature after all.

Good question about cars, I wish I knew the answer. *sigh* Great update! I'm excited to see what kind of mischief Roxanne will get into in Windenburg. Should be fun! ;)

Wow! One month finished, only 11 more to go! Thank you so much once again to all of you for joining me in this little challenge I created. It's been such a pleasure reading all your posts and getting to know your characters and you! I'm looking forward to what the rest of the year will bring, and especially for all our Sims in Windenburg. Should be a fun-filled wild ride if January is any indication! Yay! \o/ I have few other things to catch up on here then I'm going in game to build a house for Tessa, or whatever her name is now. o.O See you next month! <3
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Day 32(?)
    I'll go with the flow on how we end up posting this but I had to get it in early. Excited for the new world!
    3enPB6m.png
    Roxanne loved her new home .... well the outside of it anyway when she moved in. It was a beautiful Dutch Colonial with these great sun rooms on either side. Her plants had a home too!
    The last owners had left some furniture behind though that looked like it was from the 70's and the walls had to be redone, but with some elbow grease and a little paid help it came together rather quickly.
    Good thing her paintings sold for so much and she could crank them out so fast! Gotta fund the spending sprees!
    Then the neighbors happened. Of course. A whole group of them decended on her after the new furniture was moved in. Probably just nosy!
    Roxannne took the visit with good grace however and was especially happy that Clement had show up to give his support. That guy gets around! He ended up being the life of the party. She really enjoyed his company. One of the neighbors kept giggling at her, his name was Gunther. "Pffft, weirdo!" she thought. Odd looks had passed between her guests at times but yeah people were strange. It's like they had a secret or something. Uggh! Might have to start locking the doors and pulling down the shades!
    More:
    Bs9fLCZ.png
    The front door looks like its smiling to me!
    dvpemTv.png
    np0oZb2.png
    rJ6HcI5.png
    VsqmLga.png

I got the house on the gallery it's called Almost Amityville .. hehe yeah, I was looking up creepy stuff! I did try many others but the sunrooms on either side sold me. I couldn't have asked for a better house for Roxanne, and will have to use it in the future. I made some changes though... I wanted to put trees inside so I stretched the walls all the way up. So if it looks off it's not the builders fault but mine!

egTcBMc.png
    edited February 2021
    @SoulGal7 What an update! I can bring in Roxanne and take the mom and Kaori out for you, yeah? If Kiyoshi had lived at home the whole time I'd be more suspicious... I forgot the picture was on the wall! I can understand not being able to take the ones that his mom put up in the rest of the house down but ouch! I'm also worried after that song, it sounds too final!

@Karababy52 Twists, turns! Wow, well now you have a reason to be on the run every month! I guess we'll find out more as time goes on. I love that little island by the way... It's great. I'm really looking forward to Windenburg in general and with just the one aspiration (and not that hard to do) it will be easier in some ways.
    egTcBMc.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2021
    Thanks to the sale on Origin, I now own Snowy Escape, Discover University, and Strangerville. My gameplay is about to get a lot more interesting :)

---

Update 32 - Ready, set, jump!

asZfLqe.jpg

Notes:
    Jules woke up excited for her move to Windenburg today. She did her final packing, stowing away her plants and her bees, but before she headed to her new home, she stopped in to say goodbye to Emmett.

Jules: "Emmett, I'm gonna miss living right by you so much."
    ncwZ5Qh.png

Emmett: "I'll miss having you so close by too, but Windenburg isn't that far. Besides, I spend a lot of time there. Brittany lives there, remember?"
    d5V99Qc.png

Oh yeah, his girlfriend...we'll be seeing more of her later....

Jules: "Oh, I almost forgot, I have something for you! Think of it as a farewell gift." (It's a sweater. Jules has to gift three knitted items for the knitting aspiration)
    Emmett: "Stop acting like we'll never see each other again. I'll come visit soon."
    IPsFMsK.png

Omg, the way she looks at him. Does she look at everyone this way, like her cheeks ache from smiling so hard from the love filling up her heart??? I'll have to pay more attention.
    9nZ0Brw.png

Since Jules makes a lot of her money from selling collectables still, she decided to explore her new lot area (IT'S HUGE AND SO GORGEOUS. I don't think I've ever actually explored this area properly)
    VuNPlLL.png
    SiWLpYL.jpg

How did I never realize that you could get to The Bluffs from here???
    xXcdmCg.png

So much fun at The Bluffs! While she was at The Bluffs, one of her whims was to "fertilize" a bush, easy enough :joy::joy:
    kBoHJ5U.jpg

Then back home again. What to do now? Let's text Mario to gush with him over the new house! But then he replied with this :joy: Sweet boy, she just moved to Windenburg since you didn't have time to visit her in Willow Creek, why don't you just come over here instead?
    gadGwN5.png

And moments later, Bex asked if she could come over as well. Ugh, fineeee, Jules was gonna have some alone time with the BF, but since Bex did provide her with the house, it only seemed fair to let her come over and see the homey touches she'd added that morning.

And then everyone came over, because I forgot about the Welcome Wagon...Jules didn't have a Welcome Wagon event in Willow Creek, I've just realized, and I think it was because she lived next to the gym, night club, etc, and actually didn't have any neighbors. Her neighbors here in Windenburg are (gasp!) all pre-mades and none of my creations. She lives on the island by the Fyres (booted from their original lot since Bex needed that land for her mansion haha), the Bro Household, the Bjergsens and the Villareals.
    ArApZxu.jpg

Bex is like, "Wow, you're certainly making yourself at home fast. Playing hostess already."
    Jules: "Just shut up and eat some of this fruit cake before Moira tries to offer me any more."
    F4c6Swa.jpg

Mario was putting on such a happy face while socializing, but he let his true mood show when he took out the trash. Always so distraught, poor boy :(
    Vc7eaQ0.png

Jules: "I'm so sorry, I didn't know all these strangers were coming."
    Mario: "It's okay, babe, I'm happy to spend any time I get with you."
    7ueK1G9.png

Then I cancelled the event because I was so annoyed with it, and sent Bex home too...

...so that Mario and Jules could have some alone time (SIMS 3 MAKEOUT FTW! 🙌) Also of course they did more than just make out ;)
    KFR4Cwa.jpg

Jules: "I wish you didn't have to go."
    Mario: "If my mom wouldn't literally kill me for breaking curfew, I totally would stay. But we still have a little bit of time before I have to get back - I'll stay as long as I can."
    cgv0GWh.png

Mario, thinking to himself, "She's so beautiful. I love her so much." *exits quietly to make his curfew*
    iReMJjS.png

Also just realized her couch is missing, and my suspicions were correct - BEX!!! Ugh, she's simultaneously the best and the worst :joy:
    WX0eoqa.png

House pictures :)
    jKc4ViS.png
    fZngtCP.png
    yUdGPKe.jpg
    6Tzlt4T.png

I might move that easel, don't love that location now that I look at it properly, but was having trouble fitting it elsewhere
    E4Bdt0a.jpg

Little sheltered garden area. There's a flower arranging table on the other side. I'm not entirely in love with the layout/look of this either, so I think I'll play around with that in the future too, though I have to be creative again to keep my tile count down. I made this house a tier 2 micro home.
    YZxkCPR.png
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2022
    January (Sunday) - Day 30: What A Feelin'!

alone-on-the-mountain.png

writing-in-journal-sakura.png

Journal Entry # 1: This morning, Kiyoshi left for the Olympic Training Camp. He stayed overnight at his parents' house, so he could spend some time with his sister in the morning. But it turned out they left at 4 in the morning, much earlier than was planned, due to bad weather. But at least he was able to say goodbye to Nanami. He did call me when he left, because I told him that no matter what time it was, to please call. We only had a few minutes to talk, and I put on my 'fake' happy voice to be positive and wish him luck. It was only after we hung up that I broke down in tears.

kiyoshi-called-when-he-left-am.png
    broke-down-crying-sakura.png

I do wish that the reception last night had been better and I had not felt so hurt with the photo of his ex-girlfriend on the wall and some miscommunication by Kaori's Grandmother about her being his girlfriend. It wasn't so much the photo on the living room wall, because hey, those were all sports-related events. But the photo of them together still hanging on his bedroom wall...I think seeing that one hurt the most. But it has made me realize that there are some things about both our pasts that we haven't shared with each other. I remember now that Kiyoshi hadn't told me about the Olympic trials either, so, yeah, we have to work on our communication. And who am I to talk really, since I haven't told him much about my past either.

sakura-in-the-rain-with-umbrella.png

It was the first day of summer and it was raining. That kind of suited the mood I was in. But then, I got a call from Kiyoshsi's Mom, who invited me over for tea. I thought that was nice. We chatted a long time, and she told me that she had talked to Coach Janks about setting up a courier service with her husband's company, so that mail could be sent to the Olympic Team Members at the Training Camp. The details with his company still had to be worked out, but Mr. Ito thought they could do it every two weeks. Any letters could be dropped off at the Ito's house and they would coordinate the delivery. This was the best news I had heard all day! So, even though I wouldn't be able to text or call Kiyoshi, I could write him a letter. In fact, I've already written one and will drop it off tomorrow.

megumi-invites-sakura-over.png
    best-news-sakura-has-heard-all-day.png

And now, well, this is kind of bad, but I asked Mrs. Ito if I could go up to Kiyoshi's room because I thought I lost the backing to my earring there. She told me to go on up and she would clean up the dishes, and if I needed help finding it, to let her know. Well, that was a lie. I hadn't lost the backing to my earring. I just wanted to go up to his room to see if Kiyoshi had taken down that photo of him and Kaori. I took a deep breath before I opened the door to his bedroom, because, well, I just didn't know. I had doubts. Yes, I still had doubts. And when I entered the room, the first thing I did was look to see if the photo was still there. Oh no! There was a photo still there. But, when I looked again, no, it wasn't that photo...it was gone, replaced by a photo of his sister. But that wasn't all! I looked around the room, and almost on every surface, were photos of Kiyoshi and me. And on the wall beside his bed was a photo of us taken when we reached the mountain peak together. I think tears welled up in my eyes when I saw it. Mrs. Ito came into the room then and asked if I had found my earring backing. I shook my head no. I guess she must have thought I was upset about not finding the backing, and she told me not to worry because you could just order replacement backings on-line and they weren't expensive. I nodded my head and gave her a smile. She glanced around Kiyoshi's room and was a bit surprised that he had redecorated before he left and she didn't know how he had gotten any sleep last night. When Mrs. Ito said that, I think my heart melted a bit.

going-into-kiyoshis-room.png
    photo-replacement.png
    photos-of-the-two-of-them.png
    so-many-photos.png
    megumi-walks-in-on-sakura.png
    i-dont-know-how-kiyoshi-got-any-sleep-last-night.png

After I left the Ito's, I headed to the slopes. I was determined to complete my aspiration. The weather was cold with a chance of snow. It later turned icy. Since I hadn't maxed skiing, I thought I would go down the medium and expert hills and practice my skiing. Then I tried rock climbing. I kept alternating and nothing seemed to work. It felt like I was at the ski slope all night, and after the last attempt at rock climbing in icy conditions, I decided to call it quits and head home. For my last run, I decided to snowboard down the expert slope at high intensity. And you know what? When I got to the bottom of the slope, I had such a feeling of exhilaration overwhelm me that I knew I had accomplished my task. Yes, I was now an Extreme Sports Enthusiast. I was so happy and excited. The only thing I wished was that Kiyoshi had been here to share the moment with me.

yes-sakura-completed-the-aspiration-woot.png

Well, I guess that's it for this entry. Goodnight.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I couldn't believe she actually completed the Aspiration. I was more than thrilled for her! Woot! I just changed things up a bit and thought I would write a journal entry for this day. But that won't happen all the time.

What A Feelin', from the Flashdance soundtrack, sung by Irene Cara, 1983.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @permanentrose
    Update 31: Those are some massive bags :') Yesss, take the straw man with you! That was indeed your shortest update yet, hahaha.

Comment: You'll find out about Johnny's hair color after I finish up writing this post and publish the next update. Woooo! I often edit my photo's to make them look more the way I want. How do you change expressions in game?

Update 32: Yay on extra packs! Lawl, I still laugh about Brittany. What's the Bluffs? *searches on internet* Oh, looks like I have a lot to learn. xD This will be my first time ever in Windenburg, so I know nothing about it. Wooo, welcome wagons. I absolutely love hate those. Poor Mario :c But he eventually got his me-time with Jules. hahahaahaahah that couch literally says "stolen from the Warner household" HAHAHAHAH. Such a nice and big house. Meanwhile Bryon still living in his eenie meenie tiny home on wheels. xD The garden area is so cute!

@SoulGal7
    Naoki will be Naoki, hehe! I look forward to introducing Johnny!

No problems on being a little behind in posting. Day 29: It's nice to meet coach Janks. Oh, nice pictures of the Sims trying to get in the team. Oh boy, Kiyoshi and Kaori both on the team? I bet Kaori will try to get Kiyoshi back. I smell danger! Oh boy, I was right. Does the family still think Kaori and Kiyoshi are a couple, or are they just pretending they never broke up in the first place??? I really hope that's not the case!

Day 30: Yay, journal updates! xD I'm totally getting Bryon's diary vibes here, but I really like this kind of writing style. I love to write in 'I'-form and to read stories in I-form. I don't know what the good name for the I-form is xD The events from yesterday are still in her head, with the photo's... Poor Sakura. Hmmm, Megumi is nice. Or is that just me? Nawww, Kiyoshi replaced the photo's. Cute! Congrats on finally completing the aspiration!!!

@Kanindota
    Slow migration is better than no migration. Eventually you'll get everything on the blog ^^ Ahh, you think Johnny Ellison may be someone else. Well, let's find out soon, shall we?

Congrats to River for completing both aspirations!! I hope you're not too sick. Stay healthy and safe!

@Hermitgirl
    Everything is so much easier in the Sims. Ah, if only that was real life. Just twirl around and boom, you're wearing your daily outfit! xD

Day 31: Phahahaha, Nanami and Roxanne together are hilarious :') I hope she'll come by sometimes in the other worlds. Wow, Roxanne's been doing great! Now I feel like Bryon hasn't accomplished anything, hahahahaha. Maybe I'm just too busy with my story and less with skills.

I actually have a car mod. It's a sad one because they won't actually ride the cars, but well, at least I can place a car in front of houses now.

Day 32: Waiiiit, Roxanne could afford that huge house?! Whoa. I have a feeling the house is paranormal :P

@Ellupelluellu
    Yippee!! I'll add Melody as soon as possible to my game.

@Karababy52
    Day 31: Oh well that's a plottwist. And she loses her phone too?! And her name?! Oh boy, how is Josh supposed to find her or visa versa? :o I hope Tessa manages to find a way to contact him and make sure that everything is okey.

Comment: well it's believable, but so intense, whoa! I'm just sitting here with my jaw wide open, like 'what on earth just happened?'.

Hahhahaah! Yeah, let's just keep adding wheels xD

The little brother will make the story even more interesting! Well at least that's what I hope. Naoki just wanted to travel for sure. He's living his life to the fullest! Thank you ^^ I'm also excited to find out what happens next.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    February 1st
    01-31-21-12-17-45-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    I came back home from my meeting with Johnny while Naoki was preparing dinner. “Hey! You’re back earlier than I thought! How did it go?”. “Horrible…”. “What happened?!”. “Naoki. I think I’ve been living a lie all my life…”. Naoki listened to me as I explained what happened today. To start on a positive note: Johnny Ellison seemed to speak the truth about his identity. Right in front of me stood a blond teenager, slightly younger than me. We had the exact same eyes and he certainly had father’s hair. But then… Johnny told me I looked a lot like mother. That’s also what my father used to say… But I never took it as something positive. My father always told me that mother went to bed with every single man in the city, that he became the horrible man I always knew because of that. It’s all my mother’s fault, and I had to pay for everything because I look like her. When I told that to Johnny, he was shook. He then told me a total different story. One I’ve (of course) never heard of. Father didn’t become abusive because of mother, but just because he enjoys it. He hid that little detail from mother until they were married and had me. Mother tried to bear with it for my sake, but she just couldn’t take it anymore when she found out she was pregnant with Johnny. She wanted it to stop, for both her and me. I went to the doctor with father one day. Apparently I was super sick. She managed to escape that day and went to the police. She wanted to come and get me together with the police afterwards, but father and I were already out of the city before she had the chance to do so… After months of searching, the police gave up. Mother tried searching on her own, but also without any luck. Have I really been living in a lie for as long as I’ve lived…? Johnny wanted to comfort me, but I suddenly saw the face of the man I fear most: father. “Don’t touch me!”. Before I knew it, I turned around and started running back home. “I don’t know what to do, Naoki….”

Extra photo's
    7LdTUii.png
    Johnny can't really believe his older brother is standing right in front of him.

J9O58Lq.png
    Johnny: "You really look a lot like mom."

sPnq73O.png
    Bryon doesn't take that as a compliment. He gets upset. Angry. All the negative moods in one.

YXTuWyP.png
    Johnny: "Hey Bryon. Why do you look upset? That's a huge compli--"
    Bryon: "DON'T TOUCH ME!"

MzNQA4j.png
    Johnny: "Oh Bryon.. What have you been through...?"
    edited February 2021
    January (Monday) - DAY 31: Surprise News

windenburg-here-i-come.png
    It was Monday and the weather was still rainy. Another school day and when Sakura got home, the mail had arrived. There was a courier packet in the mailbox along with some junk mail. The packet was addressed to her from the Windenburg School For The Arts.

"It must be a rejection letter," she thought as she opened it slowly. But when she read the letter, much to her surprise, it was an acceptance letter to their school. The teacher that she had played her mother's favorite piano piece for, had recommended her! Oh my gosh! She was going to go to the School for the Arts just like she had hoped.

sakura-received-a-package.png

Sakura looked inside the envelope and there were tickets, her class schedule, and information on her accommodations in Windenburg. Then she read when she was leaving....tomorrow morning! What? So fast! She was rather excited about everything and then she stopped short. Kiyoshi! She wouldn't be here when he had his day off after three months. Suddenly, Sakura felt very sad. And then she remembered. Of course...she would write him a letter with her new address and bring that letter and the one she had already written to the Ito's house today. Then he would get the letter and know where she was.

She quickly wrote out a letter to Kiyoshi telling him the great news and included her new address. She grabbed the other letter off the counter and rushed over to the Ito's house to deliver them. She was so excited, she didn't even change out of her school uniform.

When she arrived at the Ito's house, Megumi answered the door.

how-nice-to-see-you-sakura.png

"Why, Sakura, how nice to see you again. Won't you come in?" smiled Megumi.

"Well, actually I can only stay for a minute. I just wanted to drop off these two letters for the courier service to the Training Camp," Sakura said as she handed Megumi the letters.

im-moving-to-windenberg.png

"Two letters already?" Megumi said looking surprised.

"Well, actually the second letter has some news and my new address," Sakura said excitedly.

"Oh? Are you moving?" enquired Megumi.

"Oh yes! I am moving to Windenburg. I leave in the morning. I got accepted into the School for the Arts! I can't believe it. It's all just happening so fast. So, I'm sorry if this visit is short, but I have to go home and pack," said Sakura excitedly.

sakura-what-wonderful-new.png

"Sakura, that is fantastic news! Congratulations! I am sure that you will do very well in your studies. And don't worry about these letters, I will give them the attention they deserve," Megumi said as she accompanied Sakura to the door.

goodbye-sakura.png

"Bye!" Sakura waved happily as she headed down the walkway.

"Good-bye Sakura," Megumi said as she closed the door. The courier package for the Training Camp was sitting on a table in the hallway. Megumi looked at the two letters in her hand and bypassed the courier package. She went to her office and opened the bottom drawer of the desk and dropped the two letters inside. She then locked the desk drawer and put the key in a box on her night table. As she passed the wall with the photos, she stopped in front of the photo of Kiyoshi and Kaori.

the-courier-package.png
    sakuras-letters-to-kiyoshi.png
    putting-envelopes-in-bottom-drawer.png
    megumi-looking-at-photo-of-kiyoshi-and-kaori.png

Megumi looked at the photo and thought, "Kiyoshi-chan, Kaori is the one you will be with. You will soon realize that. A lot can happen in three months, and the two of you will be training closely together. When the two of you are married, it will bring our two families together. Kaori's Grandfather will then have no qualms in agreeing to some of the land purchases that Naoki has planned to expand Mt. Komorebi. We can't have an outsider like Sakura ruin those plans for us."

Megumi quickly dialed a number.

megumi-talking-on-phone.png

"Mei-Ling, I just wanted to thank you for putting in a recommendation for Kiyoshi's friend. Yes, I know...it's so hard to get into that school...and she really appreciates it...oh really? Well, I am sure that the students will appreciate all the new instruments...why thank you...it was just a token donation...Naoki and I are firm believers in supporting the arts...yes, certainly...anytime we can help, just let us know...come by for tea sometime...yes, you too...."

Megumi ended the call, looked at the photo again, and smiled.

megumi-smiling.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2021
    Day 36
    m44Rym1.jpg
    I moved into a Rustic Residence in Windenburg with Dirk Dreamer, he's sponsoring my stay and teaching me programming while I'm here. I read he's a proper celebrity but he's not stuck-up and arrogant. He's nice though he can't fix a meal, a broken shower or toilet.

Days 37-40
    a3dLvSt.jpg
    River moved to Windenburg with §5,500 in his bank account. There's the temptation to call River a live-in executive assistant to Dirk Dreamer. He cooks quality meals-a grand banquet at a moment's notice. He can fix things up himself, if not a good tutorial online. River could break a watermelon with his thighs. Okay, maybe not so much the last one but a boy can dream of superstrength.

Kat visited River, hours into landing in Windenburg. He was exhausted but she insisted she had a surprise for him. That he would love it. He'd feel more adult...That got River's cogs going if you know what I mean. After the horror show of his last night in Mt. Komorebi, fanciful distractions, like the one he believed Kat was insinuating, soared the top of River's priority list.

But even that base need remained unfulfilled. Kat thought it was a great idea to take River out clubbing to cheer him up after losing Jenna to a freak accident. It left a sour taste in River's mouth, far from the failed notion he hooked on. It irked him that she believed taking him to his first club would take away his grief.

On the brighter side of things, Dirk Dreamer's taken a liking to him. River's keen on cooking and sharing with someone who appreciates it.
    Post edited by Kanindota on
    Ok time for some comments :)

@Hermitgirl
    I love Roxi's house! You're making it into a haunted house, right? She seemed to tolerate the welcome wagon better than Jules haha. Oh good old Gunther Munch, what a strange sim. He actually froze to death in my game, but keeping in theme with the fact that Mila couldn't get him to move out according the family bio, I added his ghost back to the household so now he's really never gonna leave :D Also very sweet that Clement came to see her new home. Only two more months, and then Roxi can have Father Winter's baby. And maybe a Grim baby too. Lol, that would be so funny, for Roxi to be raising father winter's baby AND the grim reaper's baby.

@soulgal7
    Congrats for completing the aspiration! How exciting! It was fun to read from a first person POV for Sakura as well. I was thinking about how well Megumi seemed to have come around to their relationship in your earlier post, and even had set up a good way for Kiyoshi and Sakura to communicate, but that awful schemer had other plans the entire time. I feel like Nanami gets her evil streak from her mom lol. Those two Ito ladies scare me, they are both always gonna get what they want. You got some really great screenshots of Megumi putting her evil plot into action. Poor Sakura is gonna be so sad when Kiyoshi never writes to her now :( And vice versa. I wonder if this will completely drive them apart, or after they discover Megumi's meddling - will they fight even harder to make things work? I guess it all depends on who Sakura meets in Windenburg...Also great way of getting her to move to Windenburg!

@Skeilah
    I love both of their new hairstyles, very subtle, but nice that you are showing the passage of time with their hair styles. Also poor Bryon, just when it seemed like he was healing, meeting Johnny dredged up some more awful feelings and a sense of distrust. I hope he eventually can bond with Johnny, but I understand that it will take time!

@Kanindota
    Did I comment on your last post about how he witnessed (and feels like he caused) Jenna's death?? Sorry if I didn't, that was in intense, and a lot for poor River to process. I like that he's living with other pre-made sims (is this to make sure you have some one to plead for him if the Reaper decides to show up again haha?) Also I hope you and your family are all feeling okay since I saw you have covid - at least if your symptoms aren't too bad, then isolating does give you some extra time to play the sims haha
    edited February 2021
    February - Day 1: Tessa's New House on Rustic Residence

tw5nppW.png

Notes
    Left Side and a bit of the back since those trees were in the way to take better shot of that side. Opps!
    SoYJwTq.png

Rear View
    7oC14Tp.png

Right Side
    aHmbCHR.png

Overhead Layout
    upoXP4f.png

Kitchen/Dining (Gah! Just noticed the stove hood disappeared! Perils of using MOO I assume. EDIT: It's showing in the overhead view, must be it just faded out when I took the screenshot. I hate when that happens. *sigh*)
    itKpjhZ.png

Slider to the deck
    miJaRIK.png

Living Room
    pN9f9wJ.png

Study Nook (Annnd, there's a plant sticking through the wall. Why do we always notice stuff AFTER taking screenshots? lol)
    mOzmwIq.png
    uWV32Mq.png

Bedroom & Overhead View since it's so small, hard to get screenshots
    9ug8uLG.png
    OAgaZIQ.png

Club Hangout (Obviously a dance club)
    MlrLulm.png
    NgDXg1p.png
    ESY6o0r.png

Night View
    RMdBupF.png
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    Update 33 - A crisp fall day

aTwRlPb.jpg

Notes:
    I found a better spot for her easel, and since she has the cold acclimation trait, it shouldn't bother her to paint essentially outdoors as it gets chillier.
    y8gWH3F.jpg

Then I sent her into town. Yet again, I have realized I've never actually explored Windenburg with the intention of appreciating the small details. Wouldn't it be fun if that giant chess board were playable like in Harry Potter? :D Sadly, as with most lots, there's a lot of very nice scenery/area that sims can't interact with, but I do appreciate when I find some areas like this.
    L5hG1mc.jpg

Let's get her an apple spiced nog, I'm really having fall feelings today.
    3CwaPic.png

Much like the portal to The Bluffs, I had no idea this existed either.
    zRlzxZH.png

"No one is around, right? Let's take a short, sneaky skinny dip..." ;)
    jzRt6WE.jpg
    eMn4iNA.png

She was hungry, and I decided to have her go back to town to get something to eat instead of having her eat her usual convenient honey.
    "Oh hey, this is the cafe where Mario and I had our first date!"
    ZbNYba9.png

Thinking to herself, "Um, Dominic, I know we hung out yesterday, but I didn't invite you to sit here..."
    nt74NI3.png

Too bad that cannoli wasn't very filling. She had only filled about half of her hunger bar, so I decided to test out the new kitchen. Butternut gnocchi seems like a nice fall dish.
    "UGH, making pasta from scratch is so much work!"
    KVcGV6N.png

"I HATE COOKING!"
    uKr5qDQ.png

Yep, after all that... :D
    zzkbksG.png

Let's relax by that cozy fireplace to conclude this nearly perfect fall day <3
    HjIUKQH.jpg

School tomorrow, sigh... though I'm gonna have Jules meet new friends while there and hopefully start playing around with the club feature in a few days, just trying to get all my ideas into place fort that :)
    @Hermitgirl
    Love Roxanne's new house, it's huge! I love Dutch Colonials, built a couple myself when TS4 first came out. :) Of course Clement showed up. Poor old guy definitely has a thing for Roxanne!

So Gunther was giggling at her, another guy with a crush? Roxanne sure knows how to charm the guys. :) I see you've chosen the same lot Tessa will live on. That's one of my favorites in the countryside. I've had many, many Sims live there.

I see she had a TON of neighbors for the WW. Tessa won't get that, she has no neighbors. :D Anyway, so excited to read everyone's gameplay in Windenburg. I think this will be a very easy aspiration and a very laidback month for everyone. Great update!

Yes, I guess she does have a built-in excuse now. Not that I'll use it, but it is a possibility. I love Windenburg Island, IMO it's one of the best neighborhoods in the game! It's beautiful, remote, tons of collectibles, lots of places to fish, access to the Bluffs, it's just a great place. :)

@permanentrose
    Very cool Jules took the time to say goodbye to Emmett, even if she did have an ulterior motive with the gift. ;) Me thinks she might have a crush on the guy from the look on her face. ;) Windenburg Island is amazing! Like I said above to Hermitgirl, it's one of my favorite places in the game. Soo much to offer there and it's just gorgeous!

Whoa! Full house for Jules on her first day there! I'm so glad I don't have any premades in this save. :D Or neighbors for Tessa. ;) Aww, glad you canceled it so she and Mario could have some alone time! BTW TS3 stole that make-out animation from TS2. Just an FYI! Anyway, nice poses you used for them. Tsk Bex! Hmm, must be she figures Jules will let her get away with it since she's letting her use that house or something. o.O

Okay, clearly I have not explored Windenburg in the city area all that much since I didn't know about those two places to access the Ruins and the Bluffs either! Oh no! FIRE! Good thing she has the fireproof thing from the Freelance Botanist aspiration. Beautiful image of Jules skinny dipping and I love the one by the fireplace too! :)

@SoulGal7
    What a wonderful update! I like the journal entry of Sakura's thoughts for posting! Aww, he did take the photo down and added pics with Sakura. So sweet how it made her cry with relief. Maybe I shouldn't feel this way, but with Megumi's track record I can't help but wonder if there really is a letter delivery service thing. I mean, she could've just made that up so Kyoshi will get upset he doesn't hear from Sakura and maybe it'll push him toward Kaori.

That's what I'm thinking she's thinking anyway. Just a gut feeling. *shrugs* I just don't trust that woman. Congrats to Sakura for finally completing the aspiration! Yay! Man, in my opinion, this is the toughest aspiration to complete we've ever had! I love it! <3

OMG! I was right! Wow! What a conniving Witch! How dare she? Kyoshi is going to be livid when he finds out what she's done. I knew she was twisted, but this is beyond Motherly love. All she cares about is getting that land and money, not her Son. I feel so bad for Kyoshi and Sakura. o.O Congrats to Sakura though for getting into the Arts school, even if it was all instigated by Megumi. Another fantastic update!

@Skeilah
    Tessa will find a way to contact Josh, don't worry. Haven't figured it all out yet, but I will. I'm thinking maybe she calls him from someone else's cell phone or something and asks him to meet her somewhere so she can tell him everything. We'll see...

Well good it's believable at least, didn't mean to shock everyone. Well, I knew it would be a shock once I figured out how she had to leave. I just hoped it made sense. :)

I'm excited to read your post next and find out how it went with Bryon's little brother. Comments coming right up! ;)

Why is it I just now realized that Naoki has the same hair as Tessa now. o.O Maybe because it's red and he's usually wearing a hat, I never noticed. Opps! Sorry about that.

Wow! Poor Bryon! I mean, great that his brother found him, but such a shocker for him finding out his Dad had lied to him all this time about his Mother. Now I'm wondering, does Johnny still live with his Mother? Will Bryon get to see his Mother. Since he was very little when his Father ran off with him, I wonder if he even remembers her at all. That's going to be quite a reunion! Bummer his Brother looks so much like his Dad that he ran from him when he wanted to give him a hug. Hopefully Johnny understands and isn't too upset. What a great update! So excited to find out what happens next!

@Kanindota
    Well cool, another challenge Sim living on the Rustic Residence lot! Love it! Very cool Kat stopped by, too bad she didn't have the same idea as River about how to celebrate being in Windenburg. :D Pretty cool he's living with Dirk Dreamer, a celebrity. How'd that happen? I love the pic of River and Kat together. She's so darn pretty! Great update! :)

Alrighty, well I finally got Tessa's house finished. Only problem now is I didn't have time to actually get any gameplay in. I wanted to come here and comment on all your wonderful posts first since I had to get out of game anyway to help Hubby get ready for work. Plus, I didn't want to get too far behind and constantly be playing catch-up. o.O

I'm going to go back in-game now and take some screenshots of Tessa's new house and that will be my February 1st Daily entry. Today I'll finally play out how her first day in her new life goes. That obviously will come later tonight since I still need to get some sleep at some point too. o.O I had so much fun building this house, but I kind of wish I hadn't tried building it from some house plans I found now. Oh well, live and learn, right? ;)

Be back in a bit! :)
    edited February 2021
    February Day 2 She's A Loon!
    0NYuUcY.png
    Gunther approached his brother cautiously. Wolfgang was always hogging his computer but he knew better than to go head to head with him. Surprise tactic time then..
    "Dude... we went over to welcome this new girl to the neighborhood, she moved in to that creepy old house at the end of the road."

"Really pretty see." Gunther gestured as he swiped to another picture. "But she's a loon.. I got these shots when she wasn't looking. She was actually hugging on thin air! Seriously, she introduced us to someone that wasn't there, called him Clement. Mom said it's best to stay away."
    ILO5cX4.png

"Like I care what mom says!" Wolfgang sneered, "And as for crazy, that just makes them more fun!" Wolfgang noted his brothers scowl and his grin broadened. "She's got a big house, which means she's got bucks, and she's hot to boot.. probably just needs someone to keep her warm at night." He looked his brother's thin frame up and down with a smirk, "And you my little big brother don't have the skills get a girl anyway."
    BylOxln.png

"Oh I got a housewarming present for her alright. Right here!" he pointed downward with an obnoxious grin. Gunther made a huff sound and left.
    UiRVlMM.png

Wolfgang chuckled when the door closed. He loved to get under Gunthers skin. Yeah, I'll pay a visit to this crazy Roxanne he thought to himself. Maybe I can get something out of it!QwoIeQl.png

That was fun :)
    @permanentrose Congrats on new packs that's great. Going to play even more now!
    The house is cute and cozy. I like the interior lay out. The couch being stolen was funny. I admit if I find out another sim is klepto I never let them in my sims houses lol. It's really nice to play this way and explore more than you might have about each pack.
    As for Roxannes house. I'm not going to make it haunted right away, it's a lot of work and I want to be sure Roxanne has built up enough gifts to give to specters to manage it. The lights still flicker now and then and she gets scared, not sure if it's because of the pictures or some stuff she has in the house or because I had the lot trait on for a short while. Either way it works.
    @SoulGal7 Yahhh the picture was off the wall! Now she can feel more secure. Congrats on the Aspiration completion too you just got it in by the skin of your teeth :).
    .... Ohh Megumi is evil!
    @Skeilah Bryon is so traumatized :(. Will be nice if we also get to meet his mother... and as for the father.. I can send Roxanne in to take care of him!
    @Kanindota Nice start for River in his new home :). Poor start for his love life lol... I don't think Kats the girl for him though, but a diversion can be good!
    @Karababy52 Life happens and you still posted a picture and did stuff in your game. You don't need to apologize.

egTcBMc.png
    edited February 2021
    *Notice - Updated my February Day 1 post with screenshots of Tessa's House. Headed to get some sleep now, be back tonight with today's post! :)

@Hermitgirl - I know, I just felt bad for not posting a proper entry. I love building/decorating and I always get so into it I lose all sense of time. :D

HAHAHA! OMG! I absolutely LOVE your post for today! I literally laughed out loud (scared my cats) at the screenie with Wolfgang pointing towards his, uh, 'housewarming present.' Too funny! So funny how Gunther thinks she's crazy because he couldn't see Clement. At first I was like, Why?? Then I got it, he's Santa Claus, only children can see him. ;) Great update! :)

EDIT: Just realized the stove hood is missing! D'oh! I thought something was missing but couldn't put my finger on it. Oh well...wait...it's there, it's in the overhead view. I guess it just faded out for a couple screenshots for some reason. Gah! So annoying! :|
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    Hi everyone, I have read all the great updates, awesomed all <3

I'll post now the last 2 updates from January, and hopefully can catch up again, later today, and finally keep up commenting as well :)

I also stopped counting the money (that only gave me a headache, hah) , so I will update only at last day of the month, how much she has and her house value :)

And I have said before, that she can visit this world without invitation, if it is for filling the aspiration, so she does not have to rush it :)

~~~~~~~~~~

VUHSv5e.png
    Melody Connors
    Day 30
    9pzgeso.png
    Back from school, she needed fun so badly again.
    Sjpl5Uw.png
    Just a second and you are on the slopes...
    "Watcher, I know you wish I get hurt.."
    Mmmh.. yes I do, but that is for aspiration! I promise to remove the buff!
    fEFiKpy.png
    "Hmm.. okay.. I guess.."
    s4zRheu.png
    jyTGCkL.png
    7KB66r4.png
    61c5T9Y.png
    Of course she didn't fall at all! Grrr.. she skilled up, got new skies, new trick, and ah so perfect landings (Your mom is horrible at landings, where did you inherited that!!??)
    1n8AvhU.png
    hoMRulg.png
    Back home, some gardening and eating, maybe tomorrow then.

~~~~~~~~~~

WccQ684.png
    Melody Connors
    Day 31
    JabbGBw.png
    eUYyX3q.png
    She was up at painting all night, and called to school for a vacation day.
    dq4ftKS.png
    After a long sleep, her garden needed some attention.
    PsfJXby.png
    As needed the toilet...
    lywLnY8.png
    And the dishes..
    1ZetD7r.png
    iK5Hqv8.png
    wCC1Ub3.png
    Skilling, new skies again!! NO falling...
    MMvYgRf.png
    Okay, lets try this then... maybe she slips..
    u4NrBGa.png
    NOPE!
    t7RbsQ1.png
    Look at you.. so happy that my plans go wrong...
    ep1owZC.png
    KeS1KrD.png
    After eating it was time for club meeting, all ran to slopes.. naturally Melody did not fell..
    iDm1k00.png
    Haha! All others were in big slopes, but Wolfgang who did not handled even the sledge :joy:
    7yTJYqB.png
    It was surprisinly bright when she returned from the meeting.. fishing in here, one last time :)

End of January, funds: 58368 simoleons, house value: 24710 simoleons.
    Aspirations completed: fishing (she fished at 2 different spots after the spice festival) , gardening and the location aspiration of SE
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @SoulGal7
    Day 31: Congrats to Sakura on getting into the school of the arts! I can already feel the bad Megumi-vibe.... If it's not going to happen now, I'll start to question my people knowledge...

I KNEW IT!!! Why didn't she burn them though? Kiyoshi will definitely find them this way. Ohhhhh, it's all about some land! Family issues! Oof...

That smile is horrible. But the update is amazing.

@Kanindota
    Day 32: I think River and Bryon are on the same lot! Although I bulldozed down the lot that was standing on the Rustic Residence spot. Heheheh. Those knifes look dangerous.

@permanentrose
    Thanks about the hairstyles! About Bryon, well we need to keep some drama in the story, right? xD But I sure hope the same!

Update 33: Wait, giant chess board? :o You're not the only one learning a lot of stuff in Windenburg... I also didn't knew about the Ancient Ruins. Who wants to make pasta from scratch??? That's too much man. HAHAHAHAHAH see, too much. I would have the exact same problem. And then I would order fast food.

@Karababy52
    Day 1: Whoa, such a beautiful house <3 I'm so jealous of your building skills. I just got no patience for all that HAHAHAHAH. Maybe that's why I keep one house for the entire year and just upgrade it.

Comment: Oh, okay. Glad to hear she'll find a way to contact Josh. Yeah, of course your story makes sense!!

Naoki's hair has changed in a very subtle way when Fabruary started. He only has this hair since yesterday, so it's not like you missed it or something :') I thought it would be nice to make his hair a little shorter than it was before. Meanwhile Bryon's hair is just a litttleeeee longer than in January. They also have new February-outfits!

Yeah, I also wouldn't know what to do if I found out something like that... Johnny does still live with his mother, yes! She just doesn't know about Johnny's meeting up with Bryon, or his searching attempts, or the letter he wrote. Nothing. Bryon doesn't remember his mother. He was less than a year. That's way too little to remember things like that, especially if bad daddy destroyed every picture, every thing that could trigger a memory. I certainly hope Bryon and his mother meet up someday.

@Hermitgirl
    Day 2: Oops, Roxanne's new neighbors think there's something mentally wrong with her. xD But then, those two are weird themselves.

Comment: Yeah, send Roxanne in to get Bryon's father!!! xD

@Ellupelluellu
    Day 30: Andddd there's the towel again :') Oh, why so sad, Melody? Oh, she just doesn't want to get hurt. Yeah, I get the feeling.

Day 31: Cowplant!! <3 Oof, she had a lot of housework to catch up on. Hahhahahaaha I laughed when Melody smiled like that to you. xD
    February 2
    02-01-21-8-18-11-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    I wanted to explore Windenburg to get rid of my thoughts. Of course, Naoki was all in for that. He even had a plan, so well, I decided to follow. We went all the way from Windslar (where we live) to Olde Platz and ended up in a nightclub: The Narwhal Arms. “Ehhh, why are we in a nightclub?”. “You have to loosen up, Bryon. Don’t you think the music is good? I really want to check out the DJ Booth over there…”. Just at that moment, a familiar face caught my eye. Paolo Rocca. He saw me too. “Yooooo, Bryon! How long has it been?! I’ve never seen you here before! Are you even old enough to be here?”. He’s definitely drunk. I can smell it. Feel it. I’m way too familiar with this, and not in a positive way… But for some reason I’m not afraid. Is it because it’s Paolo? “Yo, I should call the Partihaus members. Our lost pup has been found! We need to celebrate thissss!!”. Paolo then disappears to I don’t know where. “Funny guy. How do you know him?”, Naoki asks. “Well… Paolo and I have this… Weird bond together. He’s almost like… A replacement for my father. I met Paolo and his friends on the streets right after father threw me out of the house and we just immediately clicked. Long story short, he and is friends basically adopted me into their club: Partihaus. I’m the pup, because well, I’m so much younger than them. They’ve done so much for me… And I never even called them when things became better… They must hate me now”. “Of course we don’t hate you, pup!”. I turned around. “Eva!”. “Bryon!! Our long lost puppy! Paolo told me you were here. I had to see it with my own eyes. Oh, you’re so grown up now. How are you?”. “Could be better, but I’m okay. You?”. “I need alcohol and you need the Partihaus company! Do you mind if we borrow your friend?”. Eva looked at Naoki. “Not at all. Bryon told me about how much you guys mean to him. You should catch up. Please take care of him for me! I’ll be at the DJ Booth if you need me”. And just like that, Naoki disappeared in the crowd. “Oh Bryon, we have so much to catch up on!!”.

No extra photo's today, sorry :P
    @Karababy52 Ohh I definitely want that house for some of my sims. Might have to strip it down for it to be a starter depending on what the price point is. You are putting it on the gallery right? I always look for a sheltered area for plants and sometimes it's hard to find. I want!
    Also it's not because he's Santa Claus... well kinda sorta. Only Roxanne can see him, and Bonehilda and Patchy. Does that mean they aren't there? Maybe... maybe not. I've got a few ways to play this out... Especially once we get into the paranormal aspects and move on to Glimmerbrook and magic. I just imagined that she's there at her housewarming and needed Clement there and .. there he was. No one else saw him. So she must be crazy, right? Or is she? Also he did just keep wandering off on his own before... it kind of works in for him to be conveniently gone at times.

@Ellupelluellu Love that interaction with the Watcher... Mmmh.. yes I do. Lol it's so frustrating too when your banking on them getting hurt and they don't. Noooo they did well! I don't think you need to count money for each post either. Basically she's doing great money wise. I like that it can be that easy to make money depending on how you chose to play your sim and what you pick for them to do.. and how often they do it.

@Skeilah Great backstory that he was already part of the group there in Windenburg. It's funny watching alternate universes with premades to me. Calling him the puppy is cute but now I want to see that group as a bunch of werewolves for some reason lol. Mostly nice ones though of course!
    egTcBMc.png
    @Skeilah , haha, yep, towel is her regular morning outfit :p
    Your update , cool that Bryon has some friendly faces at Windenburg :)

@Hermitgirl , oh boy yes it is frustrating :D She ends up skilling so fast now when she has the fast learner trait too.. and I just want her to get hurt one time :D but noooooo...

@Hermitgirl
    That was a fantastic update. I love that you popped into the play the Munch family to further the plot of your story, and those two strange brothers did not disappoint. I was actually laughing out lot when Wolfgang pointed to his gift idea. And nice touch with them not being able to see Clement, I like that detail that Father Winter might not be visible to the non-believers haha. I wonder if Roxanne will be interested in bad boy Gunther, or if she'll totally despise him and come up with ways to punish/torture/mess with him/end him etc.

I have started exploring the packs a bit in my main save, but honestly a part of me wants to wait to really explore them until it's time for Jules to live in each world (she's gonna live in Mt. Komorebi next months since I don't have ROM, so that works out well). I think I'll explore the packs just enough to be a little familiar with the features/worlds, but then really let Jules be the one that gets to experience all these things with me :)

@Karababy52
    Lovely home, you really do have an eye for building! That dance club room is gonna be fun to use, and very convenient to have a club be able to hang out right on her lot. I think that building/CAS is just as important as gameplay, as I said in my PM to you, and it's still a way to 'play' the sims, so you didn't miss out on a day at all in my opinion. You just used your daily play to build which is something I do in my other save very often. There have been times I don't even enter gameplay for days - I just spend days literally building and that's it.

Still very excited to see where you plan to take Tessa's story though!

Also, I was certain that you'd know about those portals to The Bluffs and Ancient Ruins! I guess people probably don't try to search for them since those locations are so easily accessible by the map. It's like how there's a boat portal from the docks in at least 2 neighborhoods in Brindleton Bay that lead to the lighthouse. I just discovered all of these from getting into an exploring mood with my play. I like to see what stuff the game includes off the buildable grid part of the lots, since sometimes there are really great areas that you'd never notice if you just stay on the actual lot area.

I don't mind pre-mades too much. Sometimes they even help make my plots more interesting. Tomorrow you will see just how I decided to take advantage of some pre-mades and their storylines to help progress Jules' story, and I'm having fun with it! But I totally get the need to rid your world of the pre-mades and neighbors too haha.

@Ellupelluellu
    Great updates! Melody is seriously so pretty. Love her facial expressions, especially when she is taunting you because she refuses to actually fulfill her aspiration goals haha. I like that plan - if you can't finish an aspiration while in that world, then go back and visit to finish it. Makes things less stressful for sure. I've already seen you posting some Melody Windenburg stuff in other parts of the forums, so I'm excited to officially read about her adventures there!

@Skeilah
    Lol Bryon's like a little old man at that nightclub, wearing his blazer and being moody :D He's gonna make such a cute elder one day. I love how you already had him established in the Partihaus club - this is gonna be a great way for you to use the club feature this month! The Partihaus club and household are all kind of a hot mess, but they seem to take care of their own, so I have no doubt they will all have Bryon's back as he navigates his relationship with his brother and struggles with his father. Maybe they will even make him feel more comfortable about coming out - they seem like a chill group of people. Also Naoki totally has that DJ vibe - that's a perfect activity for him to pursue. Will he be joining the Spin Masters?
    @permanentrose , thank you :) And yes I will wait a good deal of time until she really will complete the mountain aspiration :) Yes I have posted a few, but nothing too spoiler alike :) And to be totally honest, Get Together was my first EP after I got the basegame for free back then, and this is the first time when my played sim actually lives in there :D I know it is silly :) Naturally my sims have visited there often, but never lived in there.

edited February 2021
    February (Tuesday) - DAY 1: Travel To Windenburg

travel-by-train.png

The morning came early for Sakura as she took one last look at her house in Mt. Komorebi. Today was a travel day. She had two days off before she started at The School For The Arts, and she felt excited and nervous at the same time. Excited because she was embarking on a new adventure and traveling to a place she had never been before. Nervous because she was leaving Mt. Komorebi and the people that she knew. And, most importantly, the person whom she cared the most about.

a-last-look-around-good-bye-mt-komorebi.png

Sakura checked her phone for messages again. Nothing. Kiyoshi must have already arrived at the Training Camp.

"He must have felt the same way I am feeling today when he left," she thought, "Well, we are both embarking on new adventures, and when we see each other again, it will just bring us closer together when we share all our memories." Sakura took one last selfie of herself in front of the house.

"I miss you, Kioshi," she whispered, as she grabbed the handle of her suitcase and wheeled it behind her on the way to the train station.

off-to-windenburg.png

After the train ride, Sakura had arrived at the airport, where she took a flight to Windenburg. From there, she took a ferry boat across to the Island of Windenburg where her new house was located. The ferry boat ran on a regular schedule to the mainland, and she would be taking the ferry to and from school. Luckily the ferry docked close to where her house was.

home-in-windenburg.png
    side-garden-left.png
    side-garden-right.png

As she trudged up the hill with her suitcase, she saw the house. It looked so different from the house she had stayed at in Mt. Komorebi, and the first thing she noticed was the beautiful garden. She rummaged through her backpack for the set of keys that had been sent to her and opened the door.

small-living-room-kitchen-table.png
    small-kitchen-area.png
    bathroom-on-main.png

She opened the door and put her suitcase down. She started to explore. The main floor had a kitchen, a small living room, and a bathroom. There were stairs leading to the second floor and an archway on the main floor leading to a conservatory.

the-conservatory.png

Sakura entered the conservatory and the whole room was surrounded by windows, and it even had a glass roof. She knew that she would be spending a lot of time here because almost in the middle of the room was a grand piano.

She turned around and headed upstairs. There was a loft area that contained her bed, a night table, a desk, and a dresser. She went downstairs and got her suitcase and started to unpack. When she was finished, she looked around. Something was missing. Of course! She searched her backpack until she found a framed photo carefully wrapped in bubble wrap. She unwrapped the photo and set it on her nightstand.

upstairs-loft-bedroom.png

"There! Now it feels like home," she thought, as she viewed the photo of her and Kiyoshi.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

sakura-doing-some-knitting.png

She got out a package from her backpack marked with the name Ye Olde Windenburg Knitting Shop. She had seen this store at the airport and decided to look around. The owner had helped her pick out some balls of yarn and gave her a knitting book. The owner had also told her that they had knitting lessons every Monday night, and she was welcome to join. Sakura entered the conservatory and took out the book and looked at the cute knitted hats on the cover. She decided she was going to knit one of those for Kiyoshi and took out the yarn from the knitting basket beside her. First, she had to cast on some stitches, then it said to knit one, pearl one. "Oh, this doesn't seem so bad," she said as she continued knitting.

sakura-and-the-welcome-wagon-windenburg.png

While she was knitting, she heard a knock on the door. A group of sims was standing there and one of them was holding a plate with some fruitcake on it. How nice! Her new neighbors came to welcome her to the neighborhood. She invited them in and saw the mail carrier deliver something to her mailbox. (It was bills - blech - $239 simoleons).

the-mail-carrier-chewing-sakura-out-for-some-unknown-reason.png

She went to get the mail and say hello. Well, before Sakura knew what was going on the mail carrier was chewing her out about the last tenants not shoveling the walkway in winter and she had fallen and hurt herself. Sakura told her that it was summer right now, but that she would definitely shovel a pathway to her mailbox in the winter. The mail carrier looked at her and at the group of sims that were heading inside.

"Is that Clara Bjergsen? She makes the best fruitcake in Windenburg. You don't mind if I come in, do you?" asked the mail carrier as she walked past Sakura.

"Sure...come on in..." said Sakura, not quite sure what to do.

sakura-made-some-fruit-salad-for-everyone.png

Sakura decided to make some fruit salad for everyone, and pretty soon she had a small gathering of five sims in the kitchen.

She found out from Clara Bjergsen that she had two daughters, Sofia and Elsa. Her daughter Sofia was also a teen, who played guitar and attended The School For The Arts.

The mail carrier told her that Jacques Villareal was a wealthy sim who lived on an estate on the island. "He's got three kids, Hugo and Luna are teens, and then there's a kid named Max. Max is out of control if you ask me. Jacques used to have a wife, but she disappeared under mysterious circumstances. And some say that's why Jacques is a little...you know..." she said as she rolled her eyes, "well, he's got a few screws loose. I don't know about you, but I'd be careful if I visited there," she whispered.

Joaquin Le Chien told Sakura that he and Sergio Romeo were roommates. Sergio had a girlfriend named Siobhan Fyres who lived on the mainland. Siobhan was the leader of a club called the Paragons, which Sergio also belonged to. It was some exclusive invite-only club. Luna Villareal and Sofia Bjergsen were also part of the club.

Joaquin belonged to a club too called Spin Masters, "Do you have DJ'ing skills, Sakura? Because we are always looking for new members."Sadly, Sakura didn't have any DJ skills.

Pretty soon everyone headed off and Sakura was left alone. Well left alone with the dirty dishes, that is.

pretty-soon-sakura-was-left-alone-well-alone-with-the-dirty-dishes.png

It was still pretty early, so she tended her garden and headed down to the shore to try her luck at fishing. Then she wandered around her neighborhood and found some collectibles.

Back at the house, she sat down and wrote out her journal.

sakura-went-down-to-the-shoreline-and-saw-an-old-fishing-rod.png

Journal # 3: "I'm in Windenburg now, and the trip was really long. But I got here safely and the house is so nice. A whole bunch of sims came over and welcomed me to the neighborhood. Then, afterward, I went down to the water and fished. You should see the sunset here, Kiyoshi. You would really like it..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The house that Sakura is in now, I built, and is available in the gallery. Tudor Starter. The one in the gallery is a bit different than the one that Sakura is living in, as I added the conservatory, and changed the upstairs a bit. I also changed the fridge so that it could be off-the grid.

tudor-starter-build.png
    @SoulGal7 Very nice touch using the train screenshot! Is that from Mt. Komorebi? I like how the all knowing mail carrier got her caught up on the local gossip. It will be interesting to see how we all use the pre-mades and clubs and what kind of stories we get going with those. (It seems like Sakura might get involved with a music oriented club, perhaps with Sofia?) Her house is really cute! Such a lovely build! Also have fun with the knitting skill - I've been enjoying building it with Jules. It's a nice way to give gifts to sims. Are Sergio and Siobhan a pre-made couple or are they just dating in your game? I never noticed if they had a relationship or not. I honestly always kind of thought he way gay :D But I could also see him as being Siobhan's cute boy toy. Looking forward to seeing more of Sakura's story...she's gonna be really sad soon when she can't get in contact with Kiyoshi :(
    @SoulGal7 , lovely update! I love the house!! Dang that mother of Kiyoshi! And I would not count on Clara making the best fruit cake...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top