Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I should probably just wait until later in the day to comment on everyone's posts instead of replying a gazillion times a day, but I'm not that organized haha

@Skeilah Bryon and Naoki are so cute and dorky, I love the autonomous romance interactions <3 Lol, glad you liked my idea to have their home on wheels, I look forward to seeing how your house grows and expands each time Bryon moves. I hope Bryon's book writing is successful! Writing suits him very well. So far, Jules hasn't done much writing, but I think she did get her skill up to level 2 just by writing letters to her pen pals to collect her postcards haha.

@Hermitgirl Sureeee, you didn't kill him ;) It's nice that Roxanne extinguished Naori instead of letting join her parents in the realm of the dead :D:D I also like your simple explanation for Roxanne moving. Very in character for her.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Sorry for the double posts but it's easier for me to reply to others this way.

@Skeilah I'm so glad Bryon opened up to his boyfriend finally. I also love the way you have brought Jules in to this alternate universe. It makes me smile to read about all this. Also, about the gnomes...It's funny how we always play a certain way and are surprised there are other results right?

@Karababy52 I do like her hair better that way. I guess we get use to a look. I loved the picture with her and Josh fishing like she's imagining him there.. so sweet.

@permanentrose two updates since I posted! Lol so many of us want these new clothes. I've picked some out already too. So far at least were in different colors! I love your queen of fire pic :). The tie in to Windenburg is good too :). The family development for Mario is great too. So much going on in your games!
    About my explanation for the move... yeah sometimes I don't think ahead lol. As long as we are having fun right?
    egTcBMc.png
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2021
    Days 28-29

9WNuxIa.jpg
    Winding down in the bathhouse as I think about the future. No, I'm not referring to my future with the Ito women. That's my best friend's wife and sister, you weirdos.

Some quick simit
    Here we have River Funke-Townes, basking in a deep soak in the Onsen bathhouse near Megumi and Nanami. He tries to think of anything but that moment he nearly asked Megumi to run away with him to Windenburg. His mother had roots there. But thankfully he pulled up his jaw and sealed his mouth shut about eloping with his best friend's most likely happily married mother (though River's barely seen Kiyoshi's parents together in their house). River culled his thoughts of that and shared his news of winning an exchange program with a sister school from Buckingham-Komorebi High to Buckingham-Windenburg Academy.

Windenburg held a special place for River. It was his mother's nest and stomping grounds, where his parents meet on the wrong foot before gradually falling in love that endured all. His mind wanders to his peers. Kat Cooper stirred something fierce and sweet in him. Sofia was his first crush, and if he wasn't great friends with her father--maybe he would've done something. Kaori is beyond capable and had a great laugh, but Kiyoshi and Kaori had something to work on. (That reminded River to plot to get them together). Jenna Akiyama might as well have adopted him. Within a week of him moving in, Jenna appeared with a welcome wagon and something more useful than some mislabelled 'gourmet' fruitcake.

Then there's Cassandra. Not Cassie. Not Cass. Cassandrrraa. You had to roll the r. She would make you say it until she was satisfied she pummelled your ego. He worried what they thought of him and Kat together--there was nothing to worry about they welcomed Kat in as if she was part of their group from the start. And no, he did not care what Cass thought of Kat. Kat was the one for River, he insisted in his head.

Stop it.

He should be relaxing, stepping slow, steady and serene as he approached towards nirvana. There should be no room for doubt or error. His friends would understand. It was too good of an opportunity to waste, to live and study in Windenburg--he'd be a fool to turn it down! It's so good, River didn't think he needed to explain himself or share the fact that he sold everything he had and was crashing on the Akiyama's couch for two more nights until he would leave for Windenburg. His ears burned as his heart rammed against its cage.

Breathe deeply...in...two...three...four...

Out...two...three...four...five...six...seven...eight

Again

River finally tipped the scale back to the balance he sought as he leaned back in the hot spring.*

Achievement Unlocked!
    Post edited by Kanindota on
    @Kanindota HAHAHAHHA River is in love with everyone! I'm kind of rooting for him and Megumi though, not gonna lie :D I like the backstory you have to get him to Windenburg, looking forward to his adventures there! You're a great writer, by the way! I always enjoy your posts
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    January (Friday) - DAY 28 - A Gift From The Heart

lets-go-home-you-have-a-race-to-win-tomorrow.png\
    The Olympic Trials were tomorrow and Sakura and Kiyoshi decided to take a vacation day from school so they could spend the day together. They had also planned to go on a date together tonight. After doing some things around the house, they headed to the slopes. The weather was freezing and the conditions fair.

sakura-snowboarding-with-kiyoshi.png

They did a few runs and the time just flew by. It was late afternoon and they headed home to get ready for their date. When they arrived, a package was waiting for them. It was addressed to Kiyoshi and inside were two t-shirts and 2 journals. He gave one of the t-shirts and a journal to Sakura.

Sakura: "What's this?" she said pointing to the t-shirt.

Kiyoshi: "I saw them on-line when I ordered the journals. It's a t-shirt to commemorate the mountain excursion we went on together," he said smiling, "I thought we could wear them when we went on our date tonight."

mt-komorebi-mountain-excursion-tshirts.png

They quickly changed and looked pretty good in those t-shirts.

i-have-something-for-you-sakura.png

Kiyoshi: "Before we go, I also have a special gift for you," Kiyoshi said as he handed Sakura a wrapped package.

Sakura took the package from him and carefully unwrapped it. Inside was a silver bracelet.

Sakura: "Oh Kiyoshi, it's so beautiful!"

the-bracelet-they-both-have.png

Kiyoshi: "It is to remind you of our time together on the mountain. I have one, too," he said as he held up his hand to show her.

Sakura looked at Kiyoshi lovingly and told him to wait there for one moment. She ran into the house and came out carrying a wrapped gift.
    Sakura: "Kiyoshi, I was going to give this to you tomorrow night, but, well, I think this would be a good time for you to open it."

i-have-a-gift-for-you-too-kiyoshi.png

Kiyoshi: "You got me a gift?"

Sakura: "Actually, I made it for you in pottery class. It was a bowl that had a few cracks in it and my teacher showed me how to fix it. I filled in the cracks with gold and re-glazed it. It is the art of 'kintsugi'."

Kiyoshi: "I've never seen anything like it. It's very unique. You're very talented, Sakura."

i-made-it-for-you-kiyoshi.png

Sakura: "I wanted you to have this so that you will always remember that we are all imperfect, but that this imperfection is a beautiful part of each one of us. It's what makes us the person we are."

sakura-lets-have-a-fun-night-together.png

Kiyoshi: "Sakura, I will treasure this gift always. Thank you." Kiyoshi glanced at it once more before setting it down, "Now, how about we head off on our date?" Sakura smiled at him as they held hands and walked to the Hazakura Lounge together.

they-ordered-some-rootbeer-floats-and-a-meat-platter.png

When they arrived, Kiyoshi ordered them some rootbeer floats and a meat and cheese platter. They sat down and since it wasn't busy, the bartender sat with them. Kiyoshi and the bartender chatted about the Olympic trials and meeting Coach Janks. Sakura could tell from his voice that Kiyoshi was excited about tomorrow.

Sakura wandered over to the piano and thought she would play a song. She hadn't been to the lounge in awhile, but her fingers seemed to easily glide across the keyboard. She was lost in the music and didn't hear Kiyoshi come and stand beside her.

sakura-i-never-knew-you-played-so-well.png

Kiyoshi: "Sakura, I didn't know you could play the piano."

Sakura: "My Grandfather taught me this song. It was my mother's favorite piece. I played it for a teacher at school and she told me it was a very haunting melody."

They went to sit on a nearby couch to continue chatting.

Sakura: "My mother was a very talented musician, and when I first moved to Mt. Komorebi and saw the piano here, it's like I was drawn to it. I even applied to a School for the Arts, so I could study music full-time, but I never heard anything back. I didn't come back to the lounge much after that as I remembered the real reason why I had moved here. And that was to fulfill the promise I made to my Grandfather to make the mountain excursion."

sakura-well-be-together-again-soon.png

Kiyoshi: "Ah yes. And that is a memory that will always stay with me, Sakura."

Sakura: "Well, I believe it's destiny that brought me here. And I couldn't have done the mountain excursion without you. I am glad I came here...because I met you, Kiyoshi."

oh-sakura-let-this-night-never-end.png

Kiyoshi: "And I met you, Sakura...and, yes, destiny has brought us together, and that's all that matters now..." he said as he kissed her slowly, "...that's all that matters..."
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    January - Day 30: "Seems like I should be getting somewhere. Somehow I'm neither here nor there."

mpQqtVY.png

Notes
    0xDwQDC.png
    Tessa decided to give herself a break and do some other things instead of fishing all the time. First on the agenda, chess. Maybe if she practiced more she could actually beat Josh without cheating.

VrsaucR.png
    There was still always homework to do though. But she didn't mind. Being an A student was a big accomplishment for her.

gdEqrrj.png
    (I hope Josh likes my new hair)

399rnZX.png
    (He does, of course he does. He'd love me no matter what my hair looked like or what I wore, even if I didn't wear anything stylish. Well, he loves me when I don't wear anything the most! I love my Horndog!)

lfzWbQs.png
    Tessa only got into playing video games because she knew Josh loved to play them. But honestly, she was beginning to love playing herself. And getting quite good at it too!

mD82V16.png
    Jogging in the rain had always been something Tessa loved to do. There was just something so peaceful and refreshing about it. The fact it helped keep her fit was just a bonus.

0Aqxej0.png
    Tessa grafted a strawberry cutting to a snapdragon plant and waited patiently for this lovely gift of her labor.

iwHOVgX.png
    (Hey Josh, I miss you. See you soon! Love, Tessa <3 )
    (Why'd I put my name? He knows it's from me.)

em9Jvih.png
    Tessa loved dancing anyway, but now when she danced, it made her think of Josh and all the times they'd practiced together.
    "I wanna see you strut, strut, strut, come on strut for me..."
    (Adam sure has some sexy songs)

nBiyxyj.png
    Off to school with a smile on her face for a change.

0RItL6V.png
    Tessa walked home as if on auto pilot with her face lifted to the sky, eyes closed and arms thrown open wide the last few yards. It was raining again and she loved the feel of it on her face. Life was good, better than it had been for her in a long time. She had a home, friends, was doing great in school, had a beautiful garden and most of all, Josh. She felt safe and loved.

hFcwleU.png
    (*Gasp* OMG! Where's my house?)
    edited January 2021
    Hey Y'all! Been busy moving an entire kitchen from my Son's house, to our house. He's remodeling and gave us most of his kitchen. A bit of a nightmare though since the U-Haul trailer we rented came unhitched and the chains broke. The trailer ended up in the middle of a busy highway! Gah! So scary! Thank God it didn't hit anyone or ruin my Son's truck! Most of the cabinets/cupboards and stuff is undamaged too. Honestly, it's a miracle!

U-Haul refunded our money and didn't charge us for a new rental truck (we were not going to rent another trailer after that o.O) either because they felt so bad about everything. The owner and his Son even unloaded the trailer and loaded everything into the new truck for us too. Anyway, just got everything unloaded a little while ago, had some dinner (hadn't eaten all day) and here I am. *weary sigh* I'll reply and comment on all your lovely posts for the day asap. As usual, give me a bit. :)
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah - Day 30 - I like that Naoki built a "mobile" home (on wheels). Makes sense since Naoki is restless and has wanderlust. (Also good thought for moving to the next location!) So, Bryon is now taking up writing, and Naoki sure appreciates a couch, since he had couch-surfed so much, Naoki knows a good couch when he naps on one. Funny! Nice upgrade to their home-on-wheels.

@Hermitgirl - Day 30 - Oh my gosh! Roxanne is on the loose and kills off more sims. This time, poor Naori's grandparents. It's not enough that Naori has lost her parents, now her grandparents are gone too! I guess out of guilt she spared Naori's life from being burned to a crisp. I mean, Naori was cooking food for you, Roxanne. Is there no end to what Roxanne will do? Bolt your doors and shutter your windows - Roxanne may be moving to a town near you! (Just kidding here, I just thought that your up-date was hilarious!)

@Kanindota - Day 29 & 30 - Love the photo of all of River's love interests coming towards him. Well, except Kiyoshi in the back there. Like they are about to come to a kissing booth and River is the kissing booth! lol And I do believe that he got that 'emotionally mindful' ding. So congrats are in order for completing the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer Aspiration! Woot!

@Karababy52 - Just read about your fiasco of a day! Oh my gosh! That would have been scary. Yes, luckily that the U-Haul didn't roll into traffic. Not a fun day. *hugs*

A side note:
    Just to let everyone know, my Dad is now home from the hospital :)
    I was gonna go to bed and then I had to comment...

@Karababy52 LOL WUT?!?! I love it, her house is just...gone :D Waiting for a better explanation tomorrow.

(and I will give you some proper comments tomorrow too. And you too @SoulGal7 - your story was too good for me to just comment briefly in my exhausted state, you deserve better comments from my more coherent brain in the morning)
    edited January 2021
    @SoulGal7
    Wow, you wrote a poem! With everything else going on in your life right now, that amazes me! I love it and the screenshots. Bummer she didn't complete the aspiration yet though. One more day left though! 🤞

Thanks about Tessa's hair and you're right! Teens are in transition and are always trying new things to figure out exactly who they are, so it works! Good insight into why Tessa is always fishing, I think you're right about that. Well, other than she's trying to get the Angling Ace aspiration too. ;)

Another wonderful update! Those gifts are sweet! Is that something your Sims get as a reward for climbing the mountain? Tessa and Josh didn't get anything except that wall plaque. Very cool t-shirts and bracelets! I love that bowl too, it's so pretty. Love reading a little bit more into Sakura's background too with the piano playing at the lounge. I think my favorite screenshot is the one where Kyoshi is caressing Sakura's cheek, so sweet! <3

Yay! Just before I posted this I read about your Dad being home from the hospital now. That's fantastic news and I imagine a big relief! *Hugs*

Yes, it was scary, but thankfully nobody got hurt, that's the main thing. And, we'll have a brand new (well new to us at least) kitchen in the Spring when we have time to work on remodeling ours now.

@permanentrose
    I'd keep Patchy. He really is a real Sim, the scarecrow part of him is just an outfit and he's got special coding. I think you can somehow cheat to remove that if you have him join the family. At least I've seen photos on another thread of a former Patchy that looked like a normal Sim.

Aha, great way to explain why Jules is moving to Windenburg! She's very lucky to have such a generous cousin. :)

Bummer Mario's Mom is so strict. He's a good guy for just going a long with what she wants though so he can help out. Mario looks a lot like his Grandma. His sisters are little cutie pies! :)

:D Trust me, I have a somewhat good, I think, maybe, okay, hopefully good and not too lame explanation for it. It took me way too long to think of something. But then when she came home and made that face, the idea suddenly popped into my head. Tomorrow's post will explain it all. It'll take bit of deciphering to figure it out, but I'm sure y'all will get where I'm going with it. Sleep well and have a good Sunday! :)

@Skeilah
    Yes, Tessa's hair was wavy before so I think this hairstyle suits her better. Since you've said that, I wonder if that was another reason why that hairstyle bothered me, the fact it was straight.

Yep, Joel and Jon are Josh's brothers. Joel is the oldest, Jon the youngest. Josh is always showing up wherever Tessa may be so I thought it would be fun to do something like that to make it seem like she was imagining him there, even though he really was there. :D

Naoki might be overprotective, but I love it! :) I've never heard of anyone actually getting that much, but I guess it is a possibility. Ah, so you're kind of winging it too, that's good to know. I just make stuff up on the fly using whatever screenshots I've taken for the day. So far it's worked quite well doing it that way. :)

Day 30: So cute how they each did their own thing when it was raining outside. And nice that they feel comfortable enough with each other to do that too. Why does Bryon think couches are only for sitting? Lots of people sleep on them. Must be that wasn't a thing in his family. I like the updates to their house, it's coming along great! Great idea about having the house on wheels since they'll be moving so much. Great update! :)

@Hermitgirl
    Nice that Roxanne went to give her gratitude and goodbyes. Bummer about the Dad dying though, and how you can't strengthen his spirit. I wonder why you didn't get a notification. I'm assuming Roxanne actually met him, right? Glad she was able to save Naori at least. What is it with grills? Seems like Sims always start a fire using those. At least when you visit them. It's happened more times than I can count with my Sims too. Oh no! That elder was the Mom? Opps! o.O Well, at least you can strengthen her spirit. Maybe she'll forgive Roxanne if she ever brings her back to life. ;)

Thanks, I like this hairstyle better too! :) Thanks about the shot of Tessa imagining Josh there too. I had fun making it. :)

@Kanindota
    My goodness, River sure had a lot of different possibilities for a love interest eh? Glad he decided against Megumi and ultimately chose Kat. A little disappointed, but not really, that he didn't go after Cassandra. She seemed like she'd be a handful the way you described her and that's always fun. Funny how she insisted on rolling the 'r' in her name. :D Great way to explain why he's moving to Windenburg, I love that! Great update! :)

Everyone: I have to say I admire all the creative ways you've explained the move to Windenburg for your challenge Sims. I love them! Mine feels lame in comparison now. :D Oh well... But, it does give a little more of a peek into Tessa's background, so that's always a good thing. Anyway, thanks so much again to all of you for joining me in this challenge! Almost one month down and only 11 more to go! I hope we're all here still at the end of the year. Won't that be amazing!?

Happy Simming! <3
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Hermitgirl
    Day 30: RIP Shigeru. And they almost lost Kaori too :o How nice of Roxanne to save her, even if it's only for this time. I love how you're defending yourself like that hahahhahahah. I believe you, you didn't do it ;p

Comment: Everyone is in the alternate universe, but Jules is the only one yet to actually talk to Bryon and now she's just showing up everywhere xD It's nice to see different ways of playing, indeed! I have learned a lot of new things already.

@permanentrose
    It's a brilliant idea! Also a funny one because at one point, the house will be really big but it's still able to move around, hahahah! Let's just not think about that :joy: Bryon and his book writing aspiration are going pretty well, but after today I'll switch up to the leader of the pack aspiration. Oh, you also gain the writing skill from writing to pen palls? Didn't knew that. Maybe that's because I never tried completing that collection hehe.

@Kanindota
    Day 29/30: Thinking about the future. Hahahahahah, his best friend's most likely happily married mother :P Well, you never know unless you ask, right? Okay no, let's not do that indeed.

Yeez, River sure has a lot of romantic interests :P Choose one already! xD Just relaaaaax. You're in the Hot Spring.

I liked reading the SimLit.

@SoulGal7
    Day 28: The journals, yay! Those t-shirts are so cute. The special gifts are also adorable. AHHHH KINTSUGI! I learned about that a few days ago :joy: That's so funny. Would be more funny if they ordered sake instead of rootbeer :P Nice date! Did you already decide which degree Sakura is going to do when she reaches YA? It looked like a hint to an Arts degree in there. Cuteeee!

Comments: It's not really realistic to have a house like that with garden and everything on wheels, but well, it's the Sims :joy: It just fits the story! :D

@Karababy52
    Day 30: Horndog :joy: Where did the house go?!

Oooof, what a story about that kitchen! Glad everything turned out in the end, but that sure sounded scary. Miracles still happen!

I think that's it. Note to us, straight hair doesn't fit Tessa :D Oh okay, Josh is the middle child then. Hehehe I thought so. Well, I still like what you did with those effects to make Josh stand there in Tessa's thoughts.

Idk why Bryon thinks couches are just for sitting. xD Didn't really think about that lol. Thanks! It's funny to think about how the house will still be on wheels, even if the house is 5 times as big at the end of the challenge hahahahaahha.

Well, my explanation to go to Windenburg will come after this post, but I do enjoy the other explanations too. ^^ I can't believe one month is already done!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    January 31
    01-30-21-10-12-30-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    Sunday is lazy-day. Naoki and I have been in bed until noon, and it was nice. “I think it’s time to get up now. I’m going to take a shower”. With that, Naoki left the bedroom and disappeared to the shower. “In that case, I’ll go take out the Sunday newspaper”. I changed into my clothes, walked to the mailbox and then I saw… An envelope? It’s Sunday. How on earth can there be mail, other than the Sunday newspaper? There was no stamp on the letter. The only thing written on the envelope was my name. Weird… I went back inside, sat on the couch and carefully opened the letter. What I read shook me. “Dear Bryon. You probably don’t know me, but mom told me everything about you. My name’s Johnny Ellison. I’m your little brother. We’re not so different in age. Actually, I’m only one year younger than you. I don’t have enough space on this piece of paper to tell you everything I want to tell you, but I’ve been searching you in secret for years. Mom doesn’t know about this. I’ve been wanting to meet you since the day I learned that I had an older brother. Here’s my phone number. Please contact me whenever you want to. - Johnny” … What… Is… This….? I hear the sound of the bathroom door opening. “Bryon, what’s that?”. “… I found this letter in the mailbox. Read it”. Naoki sat next to me, took the letter and started to read it. “You got a little brother?”. “Why did father never told me about this…? What if this is some kind of joke?”. “One way to find out. Text the number”. “Wait. Now?”. “Yeah, now!”. I hesitate. That’s when Naoki takes my phone and starts typing something. My phone immediately buzzes. “He already replied? What did you say?”. “Hi, this is Bryon. I’d like to meet you. Where do I need to go? - He answered that he lives in Windenburg and he likes to meet up tomorrow in the park. I’ve got an idea”. “… What?”. “We’re moving to Windenburg”. “What?! Have you gone insane? What about the house???”. “Oh, we’re taking the house with us. Duh”. That’s how we ended up traveling to Windenburg, together with our house, on our way to meeting what may be my little brother…

Extra photo's
    78eK8wD.png
    Just pretend like this book is a fancy letter. I did my best to make it look like a letter hahahahahahhah!

AMg4n6H.png
    Fancy bathrobe, Naoki.

3YeOymT.png
    Naoki is having too much fun with this. Why are you laughing man? xD Your boyfriend is going crazy in his head and you just take his phone, plan a meeting and pack your stuff like it's nothing. :joy:
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Update 31 - All my bags are packed

3s4l5Yl.png

Notes:
    Here's my shortest update ever maybe :D

Today was a Friday in my game, which made me very excited since she will now have the weekend to explore Windenburg before school claims her soul again. Got her homework over with so we can have a fun weekend!
    ZpFOHUI.png

Then she packed up all the things she wants to bring to Bex's cottage with her when she moves tomorrow.
    "Hmmm, I guess you can come to Windenburg with me, you weird little straw man."
    FN5eAW5.png

Then she was feeling nostalgic and played her guitar out on the porch. She's gonna miss this cute little house. (She's definitely playing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" - that got stuck in my head the minute I titled this post haha)
    4KrNzqL.png
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52
    Kudos to you for grafting the dragon fruit the good old fashioned way! I just cheated to get one since @Ellupelluellu gifted me one for my birthday :D I am trying to graft a death flower the good old way. I have grafted an orchid, waiting for that to blossom, but I need to graft a cherry and apple for a pomegranate, and I haven't found any cherries yet, so it will be a long process. I'm really liking this hairstyle for Tessa. It makes her look just a little bit more grown up, and teal suits her well for her wardrobe. I especially love the dancing in the kitchen screenshot. Looking forward to your update today to see what happened to Tessa's house haha.

@SoulGal7
    What a sweet way for Sakura and Kiyoshi to say goodbye to each other! I'm glad they were both in happier moods for you today. I love the matching shirts and the gifts they gave to each other, so thoughtful and perfect. You really used stuff the game gave us and made them meaningful. I always though the art of kintsugi was a very cool concept, and what a great way to include it! Even her piano playing has a history! I love how carefully you've crafted Sakura's world and given everything so much meaning.

@Skeilah
    YES!!!! I'm so excited to meet Johnny. I want to know what he looks like - does he have blue hair like Bryon? Don't tell me, I'll be surprised for once lol. Bryon has a very exciting road ahead of him in Windenburg and I look forward to seeing where you take this plot and tie it into the aspiration. Very nice editing skills for the letter too! I have never tried to actually edit my photos beyond playing with the brightness haha - I have cheated in my game to get expressions and items that I need for the effect I want, so I guess I'm kind of doing the same thing haha. Also to answer your question about the pen pal thing - yep, it totally builds the writing skill. It's so weird what builds some skills. Jules got up to like level 4 of the rocket science skill just by doing a school project lol
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 - Answering the question about the t-shirt and bracelet gifts that were shown in Day 28. Everyone who does the mountain excursion gets these. They are unlocked in CAS. I just went in and gave Sakura and Kiyoshi some new outfits with the t-shirts and the bracelets. The t-shirt is unlocked after you complete Level 1 (climb the first medium wall from the gondola), and when you climb the final Croft Icefall Rock Wall and reach the peak, the bracelet, and a blue beanie are unlocked. So, yes, you got them, too. The bowl is from the Eco-Lifestyle pack build items, and I sized it down to sit on that table. It just looked like an actual kintsugi bowl, and I just imagined that the school where Sakura and Kiyoshi attended, would teach some traditional Japanese culture. I remember when I was in high school, we had 'handbuilding' which is creating pottery from clay without a pottery wheel. If you didn't mold the clay enough (to get the air out), it would crack or break in the kiln. I imagined that Sakura would do that in her art class, too. Below are photos of an actual kintsugi bowl and the one in The Sims. Pretty similar, eh?

actual-japanese-kintsugi-bowl.png
    bowling-ball-build-mode-item.png
    @Karababy52 - Day 30 - Tessa really had a great day, and was learning new things. Like, video gaming and chess, so that when Josh returned she could share those interests together. Nice! And grafting the hard way for the dragonfruit plant. Way to go! She was even smiling going to school, and looked so happy and carefree coming home. And then!!! Oh my gosh! What a cliffhanger! Love that expression on her face in the last photo!

@Skeilah - Wow! Talk about a shocker! Bryon has a younger brother who lives in Windenburg and wants to meet him! Of course, Naoki is all for going to see him. Probably getting tired of where they are and just wants to pack up and go and explore another place. Looking forward to meeting Johnny.

@permanentrose - Jules looks rather sad in that first photo, probably thinking of all the memories that she's had in Willow Creek. When I read the caption for the photo, I thought of that song, too! And Jules is taking Patchy with her! Yeah! I wonder how Mario will feel that Jules is moving to Windenburg. Oh my! He will probably be excited!

On a side note - @permanentrose -thanks so much for the compliments on using stuff in-game to create a story. We don't know a lot about Sakura's parents or her Grandfather, so I am just dropping bits and pieces along the way. @Skeilah -No, have not thought about a major for Uni for Sakura. She'll just apply and we'll see what comes up and go from there.
    @permanentrose Thank you! Your words are fuel and inspiration all in one. River totally is and he's such a lovelorn teen, I'm almost tempted to make him get the Serial Romantic thingie aspiration in Windenburg.

@SoulGal7 I love the gifts! Nearly forgot about the commemorative t-shirts for climbing the mountain. The kintsugi is such a special touch, I’m swooning at their dialogue. I hope these two make it to the end! ... Hehehe, they were on a club outing. My attempts to get the Sims who have climbing gear to autonomously practice rockclimbing—it was a fail but I liked how this came out of it. And yes he did—now he’s got both aspirations! ... Happy to hear that your dad’s home and hope he recovers swiftly!

@Karababy52 Love the outfits! And I’m so intrigued! Who took Tessa’s house? Everything was going so well and who and where and why Tessa’s house? Is it an Wizard of Oz where a hurricane upped it to Windenburg?! ... Also I’m glad that it worked out and there was no damage too! ... River reminds me of my brother-in-law, young and so full of possibilities and falls for others easily, now that I’ve written him out a bit more. And thank you for your kind words!

@Skeilah River’s too chicken but he’s not that chicken to shut the door completely. And thank you! One day I hope it’ll make its way to my blog, but with how things are right now with uni, work and home it will be a painfully slow migration to that. ... Again I’m so intrigued and coming from the side of caution, maybe it’s the cynic in me. I hope Johnny Ellison is really Bryon’s brother and that it’s all happiness for him and Naoki from here on out. Bryon deserves it!!
    edited February 2021
    Day 30
    DgIZ9wT.jpg
    *Note to Self
    It was messy. It felt real good...but I thought there would be more, you know...I guess, I'm a bit more grown now...Kat said she loved me. Is it bad that I didn’t say it back?

Days 31-35
    vopOKMv.jpg

River will miss the sizzle of something cooking on a well-working stove. As Jenna insisted, River stayed with them before leaving for Windenburg. He spent the last night in his little dinky studio with Kat before she left for a family holiday. Somewhere exotic. River couldn’t remember the name of the place. There were other things on his mind and Jenna couldn’t miss the Cheshire cat grin on River’s face. “You okay, River?”

Startled, River nearly flings his final meal in this household and in this mountain out the window. “Sorry, Jenna,” his ears burned all the way down his cheek and neck. “This will be ready in a few minutes. Thanks again for letting me stay over. I mean Kiyoshi offered but he got mad and sad when I told him where I was heading tomorrow...”

“It’s understandable,” Jenna smiled sadly. “Both of you have been inseparable since you met.” She sipped the remains of her tea and rolled her shoulders back. “Did you tell him that you and Kaori went together up the mountain?”

“Umm...” River recalled the unresponded texts and the missed calls logged into his phone. “I’ll save that for when he’s ready to talk to me again.”

“Or you know, maybe he already knew and he’s upset you weren’t honest with him. It’s a very small town.” Jenna gave River a knowing look as she twirled her cup. “I hope you used protection. Kat is lovely and all, but you don’t want to leave here with more than you intended—”

“Mrs. Akiyama!” The earth should part right now. Let lightning strike on his head and let molten lava swallow him into hell. River paled as his face contorted into dire embarrassment. “I did! We did! She was—and I was too! Please, can we not talk about this on my last night?!”

On queue, Kado Akiyama appeared in the kitchen. “Oh, are we talking about how River and Kathleen Cooper lost their virginity to each other or how Sachiko-san changed her tune about River hereafter he saved her from a BBQ gone wrong?”

River dropped the spatula with his jaw. “How the? What?” If his teeth could pick up shop and dive into his mouth from the mortification, River could’ve choked to death than hear how his life was easily broadcasted in the neighbourhood. “Please, make it stop.”

The Akiyama couple chucked once more before they raised their palms up at him. They weren’t going to take it any further.
    As if there was anywhere else they could go from rock bottom.

It turns out fate is temperamental as they come. In the hopes of Jenna parting River with his favourite meal, the flames roared to life and claimed Jenna Akiyama into the netherworld. River was the first to see her and despite her pleas and her bond with Jenna Akiyama, the woman who took on the role of mother-sister-carer, Death refused to intervene.

Distraught, River tried to console Kado. However, grief arose and engulfed the Akiyamas and River Funke-Townes into a confrontation that would not be mended overnight. River needed to leave and instead of the time he booked to fly, he swapped his flight for an earlier departure and left Mt. Komorebi as a murderer.

At least that’s what it felt like.

Notes
    Didn’t think I could do it but River’s completed both aspirations now for Mt. Komorebi. Also, our household has tested positive for COVID again so we’re back into isolation. Playing a bit helps get my mind off the stresses, writing too! Hoping you all are managing well and staying warm despite all that the world can throw at us sometimes.
    Post edited by Kanindota on
    edited February 2021
    We're wrapping the first month up ya'll!
    @Kanindota You had a lot happen in the last two days to River (and others). I got a chuckle out of the Cassandra pummelling the ego. River ummm... advanced in life experiences and the death was unexpected. The question of is it bad if you don't say it back reminded me of worrying about the same thing when I was a teen. I mean how do you handle it if you don't know?
    @SoulGal7 I really actually like your characters. Like if I'd made them and had them in my game I'd feel for them. You've built memories for them. Like with the gifting sequence... it was really thought out.
    @Karababy52 It's good to see her not moping around, but still feeling in love, even if he's not right there.
    @Skeilah I visualized a house being moved with one of those trailer things. That's funny :). It happens!, it's just much easier in the Sims right?
    @permanentrose Nice use of props! My bags are packed, I'm ready to go! Now you got it in my head.
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
    Day 31 Loose Ends
    VuPUGNi.png
    Roxanne finished her packing and looked at her little house. She would miss it. She learned a lot there. But she had Patchy and Bonehilda and her good friends... especially Clement would visit. She was sure of it!
    However, before leaving she had one more errand to do in the neighborhood.
    Nanami had grown up so fast. Now they were on even footing if they ever crossed paths again. She said her goodbyes to the Ito's.. not a bad family all in all. The dad especially liked Roxanne. But obviously there were still hard feelings between her and Nanami.
    More:
    OiBYDnq.png
    a3de9ya.png
    SEcpnnJ.png
    gUtJwNO.png
    U20c9k9.png
    eY8BtBi.png
    AuLQ0eS.png
    4Tprdkg.png
    Oh my aching feet... why don't we have cars yet?

egTcBMc.png
    edited February 2021
    Hi everyone. I am a bit behind in posting, and this one is rather long as a lot happens today. I hope you enjoy the read. :)

January (Saturday) - Day 29: Kiss and Say Goodbye

alone-at-last-have-i-told-you-how-beautiful-you-look.png
    It was the day of the Olympic Trials and Kiyoshi had to head to the slopes early. He gave Sakura a kiss on the cheek and told her he'd see her later. The actual trials were set for 1pm and Sakura would be there to cheer him on.

kiyoshi-leaving-for-the-olympic-trials.png

When Kiyoshi arrived at the slope, he had been instructed to head to the Bunny Slope to do some warm-ups. He saw a figure standing at the bottom of the hill who was shouting instructions to various sims who were coming down the hill.

coach-janks-surveying-the-team.png

"Get into that tuck position sooner...bend those knees...Ride, ride across that slope...keep those ski tips up!" When Coach Janks saw Kiyoshi, he immediately recognized him.

kiyoshi-a-pleasure-to-meet-you.png

Coach Janks: "Kiyoshi, we finally meet. It's an honor. In all my days as a coach, I have never seen such a technique as yours. Who trained you?"

Kiyoshi: "It's an honor to meet you Coach Janks. I have been snowboarding since I was 6. My mother actually wanted me to train in skiing, but I preferred snowboarding. Mostly self-taught."

Coach Janks: "Your mother? Did I understand from my brother that your mother and father are former Olympic gold medalists?"

Kiyoshi: "Yes, they are." he said self-consciously.

Coach Janks: "Well, victory runs in the blood then. Go and get ready and show me what you've got! We're warming up here this morning and your trial time is 2:00 pm. You will be one of the last to go. Good luck!"

the-olympic-trials-had-begun.png

Kiyoshi lined up at the Bunny Hill and met some of his teammates. Some of them were a bit older, and some were his own age. Coach Janks was the coach for both the Olympic Snowboard and Ski Teams. After practicing in the morning and getting a few tips from Coach Janks, he went to the ski shop to get his board waxed for the competition.

The slopes had gotten busier and there were a lot of reporters around. He even saw Judith Ward on the slopes signing autographs, and he asked her for one.

star-struck.png

Judith: "So, Kiyoshi...are you giving any snowboard lessons? I'd love to sign up with you..."

Kiyoshi: "Um...well...no...not at this time...I'm heading to the Olympics...maybe when I get back..."

Judith just smiled at him as she gave Kiyoshi the autograph and then walked away. Kiyoshi looked after her and couldn't believe what had just happened.

a-lof-of-celebrities-on-the-slope.png

Sakura: "Did I just see Judith Ward flirting with you?" she laughed.

Kiyoshi: "Sakura! You're here! I have never been so happy to see anyone! And, um...Judith..she just...I don't know... she wanted snowboarding lessons..."

Sakura: "Hey, I should be jealous, but I can see how she would want to flirt with you. You're the best looking guy on the slopes!" Sakura kissed Kiyoshi on the cheek and they both laughed.

Coach Janks came up to them and Kiyoshi introduced Sakura.

sakura-this-is-coach-janks.png

Coach Janks: "A pleasure to meet you Sakura. I've heard some great things about you from your friend, Kado. He told me that you and Kiyoshi did the mountain summit together."

Sakura: "Yes we did," she replied smiling at Kiyoshi.

Coach Janks chatted with them a bit longer and then told Kiyoshi he had to head up the hill to prepare. He bid farewell to Sakura and said he would see her later at the reception.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

jade-comes-down-the-hill.png
    blaze-looked-good-on-the-hill.png

There were a lot of sims trying out for a place on the Olympic Team. Unfortunately, not all of them made it. And in the end, only six made the team.

an-unforunate-wipeout-for-deontae.png

Kiyoshi knew he had done a good run.

kiyoshi-on-the-team.png

Kiyoshi was just moving out of the way when he heard someone call his name. It was Kaori Nishidake.

KIYOSHI-SO-GOOD-TO-SEE-YOU.png

Kiyoshi: "Kaori, nice to see you. What are you doing here?"

Kaori: "Nice to see you, too, Kiyoshi. I was actually trying out for the Olympic Snowboard Team. Coach Janks already told me I got on."

YOURE-ON-THE-OLYMPIC-TEAM-TOO.png

Kiyoshi: "Really? Well, what a coincidence, I'm on the team, too!"

Kaori: "So, I guess we'll be heading to the Training Camp together. Maybe...maybe when we're there, we can talk about..."

naori-please.png

Kiyoshi cut her off: "Kaori, I told you...it's over between us. I don't want to play your games anymore. I met someone else, and she's the one I want to be with. I'm sorry, Kaori."

Kaori: "Oh, I understand, Kiyoshi. I just meant we can talk about stuff as friends. That's all..."

Kiyoshi: "Oh, okay. Sorry, I misunderstood. Hey look, I gotta go. See you later..."

UH-OH-WHO-IS-THIS-GIRL.png

Kaori: "Of course. I'll see you at the reception..." she said as she looked after Kiyoshi.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura had returned home to change and was nervous about what to wear. She had never been to the Ito house, and she wanted to make a good impression. On his mother's insistence, Kiyoshi had gone straight to his parents' house after the Olympic trials. His mother had said that he had plenty of clothes at home and he could change there. Sakura had told Kiyoshi that it was fine and that she would meet him there. Plus, she wanted him to be surprised when he saw her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

met-nanami-who-seemed-to-really-like-skura.png

out-on-the-lawn-there-was-much-chatting.png

talking-to-coach-janks.png

When Sakura arrived, the house was already crowded. She saw Kiyoshi in a deep conversation with Coach Janks and when he saw her he mouthed a silent "wow". She waved at him and Megumi greeted her and brought her over to the buffet table. Sakura helped herself to some food and wandered about meeting some of the other team members. She met Nanami, who seemed rather enamored with Sakura.

SO-KIYOSHI-WE-BOTH-GOT-ON-THE-TEAM.png

a-whole-wall-of-photos-who-was-this-sim-posing-with-kiyoshi.png

The Ito residence was certainly gorgeous as she wandered the main floor. She went into another room and saw a whole wall that appeared to be dedicated to Kiyoshi and his parents. She went over to look at it and admired the medals and old photos on display. There were some recent photos of Kiyoshi, and she wondered about one in particular where he was posing with a female teen. The teen looked familiar, but she didn't know who it was.

An elderly lady entered the room, and Sakura turned to her.

oh-excuse-me-do-you-know-who-this-is-in-the-photo.png

Sakura: "Excuse me, do you know who is in this picture with Kiyoshi?"

oh-that-thats-my-granddaughter-kiyoshis-gf.png

Sachiko Nishitake: "Why, yes, that's my granddaughter, Kaori...Kiyoshi's girlfriend. Megumi and I are so pleased that they both made the team together. They are really the future of Mt. Komorebi, bringing our two families together will be so wonderful..."

OH-MY-GOSH-I-DONT-BELONG-HERE-ANYMORE.png

spending-some-time-with-his-little-sister.png

Sakura stood there speechless and couldn't believe what she had just heard. Kaori was Kiyoshi's girlfriend? She didn't understand. She had to talk to Kiyoshi about this. And it's as if Kiyoshi could read her mind, as he entered the room just then.

Kiyoshi: "Sakura, there you are! The place is so crowded. Gosh, you look so gorgeous. Come on, let's head up to my room and we can be alone there...."

Sakura:"Well, actually that's a good idea because we need to talk in private about this photo."

Kiyoshi: "Oh that! It was a photo taken a long time ago with my friend, Kaori. She made the team, too!"

what-about-that-photo-kiyoshi.png

Sakura: "Are you sure she's your 'friend'? Her grandmother told me she was your girlfriend."

we-broke-up-there-is-nothng-between-us.png

Kiyoshi looked around and motioned for Sakura to follow him upstairs. When they were in his room, he closed the door.

Kiyoshi: "Sakura, I don't know what you heard, but, yes, Kaori was my girlfriend, but we broke up before I met you. I swear it's true. You are my only girlfriend. I don't want to be with anyone else but you."

Sakura: "So why did her grandmother say she was your girlfriend?

who-is-she-to-you-kiyoshi.png

Kiyoshi: "I don't know, maybe Kaori didn't want to tell her we broke up."

she-was-your-gf-why-is-her-photo-still-in-your-room.png

Sakura: "Why is that photo on the wall downstairs of the two of you? And what about this one - on your bedroom wall?"

Kiyoshi: "It was a photo from an event I won last year. And Kaori came in second. I'm sorry if the sight of that photo and what her grandmother said upset you. And I forgot that photo was still in my room. I'm so sorry. I will take it down. But, please Sakura, believe me, I am only true to you."

There was a knock on the door just then and Megumi entered the room.

kiyoshi-there-you-are-the-coach-is-having-some-photos-taken.png

Megumi: "Kiyoshi-chan, there you are! We have been wondering where you went. Coach Janks would like to get some team photos, so they need you outside."

Kiyoshi got up and looked questioningly at Sakura.

sakura-wont-you-help-me-with-the-desserts.png

Megumi: "Kiyoshi-chan, you run along. I actually came to ask Sakura if she could help me in the kitchen to set out dessert trays and make the tea."

Sakura:"Of course, Mrs. Ito." said Sakura as she followed Megumi to the kitchen.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

teh-olympic-snowboard-team.png

The reception had been a success and as the last guest filed out, Megumi sighed in relief.

it-would-break-your-sisters-heart.png

Megumi: "That was a wonderful reception. And I understand from Coach Janks that you will be leaving fairly early in the morning. It's a shame that Nanami won't see you before you head off. I had arranged with the school for her to take the morning off to be with her brother. It will just break her heart that you won't be here in the morning to have breakfast with her. You know, Kiyoshi, you should just stay here for the night. Otosan (father) can bring you and Sakura home and you can pick up your things there and then you can spend some time in the morning with Nanami before you leave. That would make Nanami SO happy."

Kiyoshi turned to Sakura.

Sakura: "Kiyoshi, your sister adores you. Your mother is right, you should be here in the morning to spend some time with her. I'll be fine..."

Kiyoshi: "Are you sure?"

kiyoshi-looks-at-sakura-to-see-what-she-thinks.png

Sakura: "Yes."

Kiyoshi: "Okaasan (mother), before we drive back, I just want a moment alone with Sakura."

Megumi: "Of course, Kiyoshi-chan."

Kiyoshi led Sakura up the stairs to his room, and quietly closed the door.

holiding-hands-with-sakura-say-goodbye.png

Kiyoshi: "Sakura, are you and I still okay? Because I don't want a misunderstanding to get between us. I should have told you about Kaori. I just didn't think it mattered. She doesn't matter. The one only who matters is you, Sakura!"

Sakura: "Oh, Kiyoshi...we are together...I just...I'm sorry...I was hurt and confused and I let my imagination run away with me..."

Kiyoshi: "That's okay. But I just want you to know, Sakura, that you are the only one I want to be with. After the three months of training are over, you're the only one I want to see. Do you believe me?"

Sakura: "Yes, I believe you...and you are the only one for me, too..." she whispered, as she felt a tear roll down her cheek. Kiyoshi gently wiped the tear away and took her in his arms and kissed her goodbye.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kiss and Say Goodbye is the title of a song by the Manhattans, 1976.

Some of the members of the Olympic ski team were my own creation, and some were from the Maxis Snowy Escape Trailer sims. Two others were downloaded from the gallery. Their parents were genetically created in CAS.

blaze-snowden-photo-credit.png
    devontae-photo-credit.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    Hi everyone :)

As usual, weekends.. busy :) I did read all and awesomed all :)

I hope I can catch up tomorrow with mine :)

@SoulGal7 , I am so glad your dad is back home :)

I have uploaded Melody, the no CC version.. UGH I MISS HER SKINOVERLAY AND LASHES!! lol :joy:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/35F81E24642911EB80BEAAF47222A433?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=TaruHannele&max=50&maxis=false&setLocale=en-us

And I was asked to upload her Windenburg lot too, so posting in here too, just in case :)
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/486E153F642911EB8116AAF47222A433?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=TaruHannele&max=50&maxis=false&setLocale=en-us
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    January - Day 31: "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

l3mN2Pw.png

Notes
    wyT9l0T.png
    Tessa's house and everything in it was completely gone. The lot had been cleared of trees, flowers and even grass, reduced to nothing but a smoothed over dirt filled lot. All evidence of her existence here wiped clean. The people responsible must have brought an immense crew to accomplish all this in the short time she was at school.

h73q2NI.png
    (This is so unfair. They promised I'd be safe here. "Live your new life Tessa as normally as possible. We've erased all traces of who you were before, he won't be able to find you here." Liars!)

Obviously they'd underestimated him, and his power. He had somehow been able to find her, even with a new identity. The fact he was incarcerated in a federal penitentiary hadn't meant a thing.

(Gah! Stop wasting time brooding about it and runaway before they get here! )

WVY1VMR.png
    But it was too late. A black car with frosted windows pulled into the driveway, the very same one that had brought her here almost a year ago.

xEaj5wp.png
    The passenger side window rolled down and she saw the Agent in charge of her case.
    "Let's go tt1w1m1y1. You're not safe here."
    "I'm not a number, don't call me that! My name is Tessa! You promised I'd be safe, you lied! Why should I trust you again?"
    "You don't have a choice. I'll explain everything."
    Tessa turned, intending to run.
    *Click*
    "Don't even think about it. Stop wasting time. Just get in the car like a good girl. NOW!"
    The man who was supposed to protect her, keep her safe was pointing a gun at her with a menacing look on his face. She should've known he wouldn't really shoot her. She was too important to them. But it's hard to think rationally when you're staring down the barrel of a gun.
    Tessa got in the car without another word.

VLRD78m.png
    After a long trip on a private plane and an even longer trip on a boat, Tessa finally arrived at what looked like a deserted island in the middle of the sea. Agent Stone explained it was only temporary. They'd had to act quickly once the information her location had been compromised was discovered. Where she would begin a new life with yet another new identity was still being processed. They would come back for her as soon as it was complete. He promised it wouldn't take more than a day or two.

8CXjbKR.png
    She was informed a suitcase with some of her clothes was inside the tent they'd provided for her stay here. Agent Stone instructed her to quickly change out of the school uniform and give it to him for disposal. He also demanded she hand over the cell phone they'd given her to be destroyed. Another disposable cell phone would be issued to her upon arrival at the final destination.

Tessa stood staring into the distance long after she was left alone with nothing but the camping equipment they'd provided...and her thoughts.

mUmGQbU.png
    Mostly she thought about Josh. She wasn't supposed to contact anyone she'd met in Mt. Komorebi, it wasn't safe. What would Josh think of her? He'd think she'd abandoned him and left without a trace or an explanation, nothing. He'd hate her!

fFRs4bC.png
    "NO! NO! NO! I won't let you take Josh away from me too!"

gDeaNFC.png
    Tessa didn't care what they said. She would find a way to let him know this wasn't her idea, that she still loved him, that she hadn't...left him. They would be together again, somehow...some way...some...day. She could only hope he would believe her and that he wouldn't give up on her and maybe find...someone else to love.

(NO! He loves me, that will never, never, never, never happen!)

CYpEqPO.png
    Exhausted from the long day, both mentally and physically, Tessa finally crawled into the tent and tried to sleep. Tomorrow, she assumed, might be another long day of travel.

0zmSB61.png
    Too many questions kept her awake.

Where was she going?
    Who would they decide she would be?
    What would be her name?
    How was she going to contact Josh without them knowing?
    Why did she have to be in that warehouse and see what she saw?
    Why hadn't she run fast enough to get away?
    and the most important question of all...
    Why hadn't she found the courage to go against protocols and tell Josh who she really was before he left?

Tessa finally gave in to exhaustion and the emotions she'd held back all day and cried herself to sleep.
    I'll be back in just a bit to reply and comment on all your lovely posts for today. <3
    @Hermitgirl Yes, Nanami is a proper rival now that they are the same age! I'm excited to see how you might use this to your advantage in the future. Also I had to laugh at Roxi running to her new home since there are no cars :D

@SoulGal7 Wow, some drama from your story today! I thought Sakura and Kiyoshi might have more of a fight over the Kaori revelation, but they seem to be okay right now, but I like that you're sowing the seeds for potential drama. Very nice work putting together an Olympic team too! Lots of detail went into your post today (I'm assuming you also put together that wall of photos in the Ito home, though since I just bought Snowy Escape today and haven't explored yet, I have no idea what their house looks like). Great update, looking forward to see what exactly drives Sakura to Windenburg.

@Karababy52 Ummmmm.....wow. That's all I can say. You were worried your reason was gonna be lame, but you just pulled out a mystery and backstory that has me dying for me details. Will Tessa even be known as Tessa tomorrow???? So she's in some kind of witness protection program, my brain just exploded a little. Everything that once made sense in her world is no longer a given, I'm very curious to see where you are taking this story!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top