Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Awww @Skeilah that's a wonderful picture!
    I guess we should really get them all on the gallery? I know some of you did but I was so busy playing catch up for awhile it was hard to keep track. I'll probably put my initial Roxanne out there with no skills?
    @permanentrose ... not sure how long Nanami will live in my save... BWAHAHAHA!
    egTcBMc.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Hermitgirl If you need ideas, I believe drowning is the easiest way to kill a child sim without cheats LOL
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Awww @Skeilah that's a wonderful picture!
    I guess we should really get them all on the gallery? I know some of you did but I was so busy playing catch up for awhile it was hard to keep track. I'll probably put my initial Roxanne out there with no skills?
    @permanentrose ... not sure how long Nanami will live in my save... BWAHAHAHA!

Always welcome! I can just replace my replica with the real version if it's uploaded. And else the replica stays for the time being xD I'm happy you like the picture! I'm absolutely in love with it.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Skeilah - Great pic of all the challengers! Just love it, and I see that Mayor Whiskers is in there, too :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Kanindota
    I'm so glad River has a group of friends now that he can hang out with during club meetings! He deserves it after what he's been through. Congrats to him for being a top student now! Why didn't you want him to have romantic interactions with Sofia? Trying to take things slower with them? Just curious. Sounds like a cool Mod allowing friends to send money like that too. Great update! Don't worry about being behind, just take your time and update when you can. :)

@Skeilah
    Yes, I changed it to residential. I don't think you can move anyone into a rental. The photos on the wall will make her miss him more, but they'll also make her smile and remember the big adventure they shared, along with other great times together. She's just having a rough time right now from missing him, and so am I! lol I was having so much fun playing with him for the first time in over 3 years. I just have to keep in mind it's only temporary and I'll get to play with him in Tessa's life in the future. Thanks about the aspirations. <3

I tried to 'hide' Tessa's progress in the Day 23 update this time. How'd I do? :D It's subtle, but I think you can still tell that she went fishing, worked on her cooking skill, did her homework, and worked on the dancing skill. ;)

Day 23: Glad Naoki was able to catch up on some much needed sleep! I got a kick out Bryon teasing Naoki with the eeny meenie tiny brain comment. :D Cool they have a chess set now, of course Naoki tried to cheat, got caught at it and then got angry. :o Fun update!

I absolutely LOVE those photos you made of our entire group of challenge participants! Very cool! <3 It's so cool too that Tessa, Sakura and Jules adopted Mayor Whiskers all on their own! I love that cat, he's adorable! <3

@SoulGal7
    You're welcome! I love we all get to share in the experience of our Sims' adventures and progress in this challenge. It's so fascinating and interesting to see all the different ways we play and write while working toward the same end goals together.

That's a bummer. I wonder if it's a glitch, should be able to place any painting on an easel anywhere since they're portable. A little late for this suggestion now, but what I usually do, especially when fishing is take along an element, fossil or certain types of crystals to get my Sims focused. They can study all of them for the focused moodlet and in the case of the element, it gives a focused moodlet for the area where it's placed, just like the painting. You can't drag them in/out of their inventory to place though or it gets stuck there, Sims have to place them in world or pick them up themselves.

I like to use quotes or song lyrics sometimes for the titles of Daily posts too. It's fun trying to find just the right one to go along with the 'theme' of the entry. I sometimes make them up too, which is fun. I love that you're honoring the Japanese theme/culture of this pack by implementing real world references in Sakura's story. It lends a more realistic flavor to it.

LOL Great explanation as to why Kyoshi wouldn't stop and talk to Tessa! I bet you're right! ;) I don't believe anyone is too old to go sledding unless they can't climb the hill or something. But even then, hey someone could carry them to the top, right? ;) I did kind of push Tessa on that 2nd aspiration. But, I was feeling stressed about finishing both in time, so just decided to go for it so she'd have this last week to relax a bit and enjoy herself. :) Thanks for the Congrats, it was tough, but she did it!

I didn't put her in that outfit intending to show skin, it's just her warm weather clothes, but I guess she did show a lot of skin, which I'm sure Josh appreciated. ;) I don't blame her for trying to spend as much time with Josh as she can, the girl is in love. Once she settles down a bit on her own and fully embraces her independence and all that she accomplishes on her own, she won't be as needy. She'll always want him with her, of course, she loves him. But I think you know what I'm trying to say.

However, I have been thinking about and contemplating the idea of getting my first ever TS4 Mod that allows for a teen/young adult relationship. Two months is a long, long time going without playing Josh. I was having so much fun with him and their relationship. But, well, I went over 3 years without playing him, I should be able to go just two months, right? o.O Talk me out of it!! lol

@permanentrose
    Aww, poor Jules, still upset about the fight with Mario and then gets scared by Patchy. She's not having a very good couple days. If she has enough simoleans, the Crocus seeds are available in the Winter and I believe Spring seasonal packs. If she doesn't get one from Patchy, might be another option for her to get them.

So nice of her to take care of Lenny, he's so cute! Generous of Rose to let her bath him at her house too. Rose has some great advice for Jules. I hope she takes it to heart and it helps her through this rough patch with Mario. Let's just hope he can get over his jealousy, or he might just push her straight into Emmett's arms. Ah, she's making him dinner! That's a good idea, shows she cares and wants him know how special he is to her. Plus, everyone knows the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Or at least that's according to a saying/quote anyway. ;)

I think Tessa truly does miss Josh, but I also take advantage of her moods for some screenshots, like if she's low on fun she'll pout and look sad at times. But sometimes she just makes those faces out of nowhere for no reason. She's a moody teen, so lots of different emotions show on her face. :) Yes, there's only one fishing spot in Mt. Komorebi, and one goal is to fish at 3 different spots. I figured it would be acceptable to send Tessa to fish in Newcrest since it's a 'neutral' area for venues and such. I believe there is at least two, maybe three fishing spots there.

I couldn't believe she was actually hanging there by only two fingers when I paused. It was a lucky shot. :) Well, at least this way, you'll know all the tricks/tips to complete the SE aspirations ahead of time from our experiences. ;) I love the atmosphere when Josh and Tessa are together, you can just see it in their eyes, expressions and actions how much they enjoy spending time together. I believe they belong together! No, if you have City Living, your Sims can give out keys to an apartment in San Myshuno or a house in any world, not just apartments in San Myshuno. :) I'm not sure, but it might also be true if you only have EL since there is apartments in that pack too.

That's true. I'm sure all our Sims will evolve over the course of the year, it's just natural they would, considering all the different skills/aspirations/traits they'll acquire over time.

Well, like you said before and I also believe, love is love. It doesn't need to be defined as gay, heterosexual or any other sexual orientation. It's just love, pure and simple. So it's really not that surprising to me. Your writing for this developing love triangle is going great!

@Hermitgirl
    Whoa! Nanami certainly is acting like a little brat! I wonder why she keeps coming around to mess with Roxanne. Do you think the little girl might admire her a little? Maybe she's got problems because she's lonely or something. Of course, she could just be a little monster pure and simple as that too. :D Oh wait, now her Dad is messing with Roxanne too? Okay, now I see that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. It seems Nanami doesn't have a very good role model in her Dad. o.O

I love how you're developing Roxanne into a bit of a complex character by taking advantage of the Parenthood pack assets. It'll be interesting to see how she turns out over time. Exploring different areas of the game I might never have tried or wanted to try I think will be one of the best things about this challenge. Who knows, the things we might think we wouldn't like, might end up being enjoyable afterall. :)

That's exactly the biggest reason I had to have Josh move out, it's way too long to write their non-romance romance for me. It's frustrating! I want them to be a couple SO bad, but they can't. At least without a Mod anyway. I play a vanilla game in TS4, so I really don't know if I'd want my first Mod ever in TS4 to be one that let's them have a relationship. I've been thinking about it though. o.O

A lot of aspirations are just way too easy to accomplish in my eyes, so I LOVE that the Extreme Sports Enthusiast isn't easy at all. Kudos to the Devs for that decision! It's cool they balanced it out with another super easy one though.

Have a great evening and rest of your weekend y'all! <3
    @permanentrose
    Day 23: Cute little cowplant <3 Cute little dog <3 How nice of Rose to let Jules borrow the tub to wash Lenny. Rose has some people knowledge. She sees right through Jules. Nice that she could have this talk with someone. I hope her talk with Mario will go well.

Comments: HAHAHA I absolutely loved his face when he lost after that 'trick'. Thank you! ^^

I'd love to think that in an alternate universe, all our sims are best friends with each other. <3

@SoulGal7
    Comments: The chess table is also really good for his nerd brain aspiration. I also need a woodworking table, but maybe I'll just put some woodworking tables in a public lot xD

Mayor Whiskers is adorable! Roxanne, River and Melody (which I made yesterday myself) went to live with Tessa, Jules, Sakura and Whiskers. Now it's one big happy family! <3

About the group picture: Mayor Whiskers just went to sit there, hahaha! I didn't even put him there to pose with them. Just a lucky shot! But it's adorable.

@Hermitgirl
    Day 23: Teenage moods... Yikes, Roxanne's relationship with Nanami doesn't seem good, hahaah. I never knew Nanami and Kiyoshi's father was named Naoki! xD What a surprise!

Comments: Thanks! I really like the little home. I'm thinking of moving it with Bryon and Naoki and update it with one room every time they move to another world. The chess board is partly for his nerd brain aspiration, but it's always nice to have a chess board, even after the aspiration is completed.

@Karababy52
    Comments: Yeah, I didn't think sims could move into rentals. Nice to know you can change the lots into other things, and they're not stuck in being rentals. Gives me options to do other things with the lots. ^^

Of course, the pictures also stand for the big adventures they shared and good times to look back on. I think both you and Tessa will be happy if Josh is back in the family :D

I loved how Tessa went to watch cooking shows, hahahaahah! It does give away that she's working on her cooking skill. Everything is so subtle, but still so good. You did well!

Naoki being Naoki :D

Thank you! I'm in love with the group photo. Maybe I'll try making a header with their faces for my blog page hehe. The three of them also adopted Roxanne, River and Melody :D They are all living together now. Of course, Whiskers is still with them! That cat is indeed so adorable. I just love that my game made this decision.
    January 24
    01-23-21-3-44-56-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    Autumn season has begun, which means my garden plants have to be replaced. Since Naoki went out doing some odd jobs, I took it on myself to take care of the garden. It’s so empty in the house when Naoki isn’t around. Now I can’t tease him. After taking care of the garden, I had the chance to work on my logic skill a bit more, but I couldn’t stop thinking about Naoki for the entire day. I’m needy and it’s showing now. Just as I think that, I hear the door. I hear his voice. “Bryon? Are you outside?”. I got up from my chair and met him as he stepped outside. I took him close to me, scanning him from head to toe. “You’ve been away for way too long”, I said. Naoki, you do weird stuff with my heart. Do you know that? No girl ever made me feel like this. “What’s gotten into you now?!”. I smirk. “I just love you so much. I’m lovelorn”. Just like that, I showed him some of my best romantic acts. You should’ve seen his face, hehe. I think I’m enjoying his reactions a little bit too much. “So, and now I’m going back to my Chess board”. “WHAT?! HEY! YOU CAN’T JUST DO THAT TO ME AND THEN STOP?!”. Ohhhh yes I can. Theehee.

Extra photo's
    TdaGwH6.png
    Bryon planting his new autumn plants early in the morning.

GbirQO8.png
    Bryon working on his logic skill. Then he suddenly becomes tense, probably because he misses Naoki. Naww <3 That's what you get for having the romantic trait, hahaha!

0Q6eS06.png
    Naoki: "Somebodyyyy, helppp--!!"

8LLyf20.png
    Tessa: "Hm, did I just hear something? Meh, must be my imagination."

Hahahah, only if you knew, Tessa. Only if you knew.... xD
    edited January 2021
    January - Day 24: "My eyes adore you, but it's my soul that fell in love with you."

D8olA7e.png

Notes
    SrFQtGv.png
    One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish...

qZ67XGU.png
    Ugh, why does this thing break down so much?

ai6albb.png
    It just never ends! Oh well, I got this.

WAG4p4Q.png
    *sigh* Why did I drop that tray in front of everybody? It's so unfair!

2sIk4xT.png

qUW82Yq.png
    "I'm so glad you're here!"
    "What's wrong, Beautiful?"

AtOPhIF.png
    "You really think so?"
    "Of course, remember what I said? I never say anything I don't mean, Beautiful."

lTOw4xG.png
    "hehe Oh come on Josh, it's not that lame!"
    (He always finds a way to make me feel better.)

baqLbaT.png
    "I adore that little puppy, it's so adventurous."
    (I adore you.)

BPL2eiA.png
    "Seriously? How am I supposed to top that?"
    "Dare ya to try, Beautiful."

41TUrZG.png
    "Oh yeah, we bad, uh huh."
    "Word."

qdRX9Yv.png
    (I loved you then, I love you still. I always have, I always will.)
    "Bye, Beautiful."
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @Skeilah
    Except for the 'special' lots, like the Von Haunt Estate for one, you can change any lot to any type you want! I love they're not all locked to whatever they came as by default. :)

*sigh* I think you're right. But! He kind of hasn't really left. Josh comes over to visit Tessa everyday, or calls asking if she wants to hang out. He told her it would be almost like he never left, and so far that's been quire true. :) I can't control him anymore very much except for group stuff, but that's fine. I think Tessa and I will survive for a couple months. ;) I was going to get a Mod, looked at a few, but I'm chicken to actually try one. Don't want to mess up my game. o.O

Cool! It's kind of fun doing it this way. It's a lot less writing too which I'm a big fan of that's for sure. :D

You're welcome! I can see how you would be, I love it too! One big happy family now, eh? That's awesome! <3

Day 24: Oooo, Mr. Bryon gettin' friskay! I forgot he had the romantic trait, though I shouldn't have. Naoki never knew what hit him. But of course he loved it. "Hey! You can't do that to me and then just stop!" HAHA I love that line! <3 Tessa! So fun she jogged by their house! Yeah, if she knew, she'd be SUPER jealous. They get to show their love in much more ways than she can with Josh. Patience my dear, patience. ;)
    Update 24 - A fresh start

nI6tyhM.png
    Jules woke up feeling uneasy the next morning. Was she just nervous about talking to Mario later in the day? Or was it because she had just woken up from a terrifying nightmare about her Murphy bed fatally crushing her?

The second concern was easily fixed. Goodbye, Murphy bed! Hello, new perfectly harmless bed!
    R3hBTDm.png

Then it was time to get to work to make sure everything would be perfect when Mario arrived. She cooked a gourmet meal.
    EX8ZZoO.png

And then baked and decorated some cookies for dessert.
    Cx8gmjG.png

But there was still so much time until Mario was due to arrive, and she was feeling anxious.
    OTBK8Cu.png

She decided to calm her nerves with a new knitting project, a beanie she would gift to Mario. Knitting was the perfect distraction - she was really developing a knack for this hobby!
    AhnwemQ.png

Finally, she changed into something a bit fancier, and waited patiently for Mario to arrive, willing herself to be confident.
    Wu5hHgV.png

Mario was subdued upon his arrival, so Jules suggested that they eat the meal she prepared, and his mood perked up considerably.
    eKNU78r.png
    7kfuTwe.png

As they sat down on her porch bench to talk, all of Jules' pent up emotions finally pushed their way to the surface, and she began to cry.
    "I am so, so sorry," she blubbered helplessly.
    oL15oR4.png

Mario scooted closer to her, pulling her into a comforting embrace. "Shh, shh...it's okay, Jules. It's going to be okay. I'm sorry, too."
    d4YCloZ.png

They spoke in depth about their feelings and frustrations, and both felt much better and very relieved as their conversation concluded. Mario admitted that he'd been feeling stressed with the craziness of his home life and probably had overreacted a bit. Jules apologized for often prioritizing Emmett without even thinking about it, and promised to be more mindful in the future. Mario accepted that Emmett would remain an important part of Jules' life, and Jules promised to remain honest and forthright going forward, realizing that Emmett could not always take priority now that she was in a relationship. There was sure to be some tension surrounding the matter in the future, but for now, they had resolved their argument.
    lagabs4.png

Jules then gave Mario his knitted hat.
    6gpjPHA.png

And invited him back to the patio for cookies. Mario's thinking they should get into fights more often if it means he'll get all these goodies :D
    vs3aSnu.png

"Lenny, stop it! These cookies aren't for you!"
    QOj9w5k.png

"Okay, fine, you're too cute..."
    vOqSQui.png

Mario had to be getting back home, so he kissed Jules goodnight.
    EI94CI4.png

As she was getting ready for bed, her phone buzzed - a message from Dell.

Hope you and Lenny are having fun! Missing you, but we're having a great time here at the beach!
    vZ1R9Ir.png

As Jules climbed into her brand new bed, she felt a hundred times lighter. Everything was going to be okay. She could have both Emmett and Mario in her life. She could definitely make this all work out.

(Since sims don't hold grudges - unless they have a negative sentiment, which somehow didn't form during that nasty fight they had??? - I wasn't in the mood to have them fight again. Mario did come over in a bad mood, but I think he really was just hungry lol. Food will fix a grumpy man's mood 90% of the time :D But Jules wasn't in a confrontational mood so I figured that for now, let's let this young love continue, but the tension of her friendship with Emmett will always be bubbling beneath the surface....)

(Also did I give any of you a little scare with that picture of the day ;))
    @Karababy52
    You were spot on with me using food to get to Mario's heart, lol. And out of all the people who could give Jules some advice, I thought of Rose, who is an old wise soul since she's been in a relationship with Carrie since 2017 lol. Totally a lie about them having rough patches. I don't know if I've ever had them actually fight :D

I don't think I've noticed an option to give keys to anyone unless they live in San Myshuno - I'll have to double check though. Maybe it is an Eco Living interaction, which is a pack I don't really have any interest in getting tbh.

Tessa and Josh were cute as always today <3 I bet she built some good handiness skills fixing all those appliances. I'm probably gonna have Jules sell most of her appliances when I move her from world to world, so unless she gets that insta upgrade option (and I don't remember what trait/aspiration that comes with at the moment), I think she'll be fixing appliances her whole life since they take a while to upgrade haha.

Josh watching Tessa while she watches TV was so CUTE. Moving out has done nothing. They are still hopelessly in love haha. Will Josh still live in Mt. Komorebi when Tessa moves to Windenburg, or is he gonna find a place in Windenburg as well?

@Skeilah
    Ah, yes, the lovelorn tense mood. It's like Jules' hotheaded angry moods that pop up randomly haha. Cute how you incorporated that into his diary though, and made him be such a tease to Naoki. Poor Naoki - he was like, "Yes! Gonna get it on with my cute BF....ARE YOU KIDDING ME HE JUST WANTS TO PLAY MORE CHESS??!?!"

Also nice shot with Tessa jogging past his house, love it when the rest of our characters show up in your game :)
    @permanentrose
    YES! You stinker, you did fool me. :D I thought *gasp* 'She changed her mind, wait...oh! *whew* Nope.' So glad it was all just a nightmare. Looks like the dinner date went well. Didn't think it would at first. But, like I said, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. ;) Adorable how Lenny wanted a cookie and Jules said no at first, but then caved to those puppy dog eyes. I would've too! :) Glad they had a talk and worked things out, for now. Let's just hope those bubbles burbling under the surface don't brew in a roiling boil and spill over to burn all three of them! o.O Loved the pic of the newlyweds on the beach too! So cute! Great Chapter! <3

EDIT: I was in the middle of typing a comment about your Daily post when you commented, so I won't repeat what I already said about the food. ;)

No, it's definitely an option that came with City Living. I was just guessing it might be possible with the EL pack too. :) Tessa got to just Level 2 fixing those two things. Josh was the handyman when he lived there, so she didn't have to fix much back then. Insta upgrade is the reward for the Nerd Brain aspiration. I know that because I usually have all my Sims do that aspiration asap. I like doing all the upgrades on appliances/electronics/beds. I will wait to do that aspiration with Tessa though since she'll be moving so much. True she could just take the upgraded stuff with her when she moves, but it might not match how I design each new house. I will though after she eventually does get that aspiration completed.

Nope, Josh moving out hasn't changed much at all with these two, still yearning for each other, still the temptation, but oh well. The only thing that's changed is I can't control Josh. :D Maybe that's a good thing? Since Sims constantly show up in other worlds anyway, I probably will not move the Hunter Brothers to Windenburg when Tessa moves. Unless I uh, *cough* get a certain Mod *cough* They'll be moving there together in that case. 95% sure that won't happen though.... 90%....85%? :D

Got a date with my pillow now. Have a great day/night y'all! <3
    @Karababy52
    Ohhh, okay! I didn't really change lot types a lot until recently, so that's good to know.

Yeah, he has a key. Did you really think he could hold himself back to NOT come when he has a key?! xD It's so cute to see. Which mod were you looking for? The thing with Mods is, just keep them organized in your folder and if something seems weird to you in game, replace your mod folder somewhere else temporarily, open the game, see if the conflict is gone, and if it is, look for updates :) I don't really bump in a lot of conflicts with my game, and if I do, I update my mods and I'm again good to go. But of course, you should only do that if you feel comfortable. Anyways, you can always delete the mod folder and do as if the mod was never there in the first place.

How could you forget he has the romantic trait? :oo Once a romantic, always a romantic, theehee. Naoki was really confused there for a minute. Poor Naoki :P I laughed out loud when Tessa ran by while they were doing that in the backyard. Luckily they have high fences. :D

@permanentrose
    HAHA I almost did @ jules instead of @ permanentrose :joy:

First things first: the Murphy death looks painful! Like, do you see how she's laying there?! It's creepy man! xD

Update 24: Luckily it was just a dream! I love the new bed. It's a fancy bed for sure. Ohh, yummy, cookies! And she also made a beanie for Mario. Mario is being pampered. Nawww, poor Jules. I guess she really feels sorry. Good thing Mario takes it so well now. I'm glad they talked everything out. Did Mario like the gift? And the cookies? I guess he did, hahahahahah! Even Lenny loves them. <3

Btw, food will also fix grumpy women. HAHAHA. Ad yes, the picture gave me a scare for sure. It's still creepy xD

Comment: It was all perfect timing. Bryon will always be a romantic tease, I think. HAHAHAH, first he was all confused, then he was so ready for it and then he's left in the cold. Oh, poor Naoki has a lot to go through :D I also love it when other characters show up! Hopefully it will happen more often ^^ The game is disappointing me. I only saw Sakura once and today Tessa. Where's the rest?!
    @Karababy52
    I just felt like I had to use that photo to acknowledge that that the Murphy bed did in fact get her in an alternate save lol. A bad dream save, we shall call it. And I heeded the warning of her prophetic dream and acted accordingly lol. I will never play with a Murphy bed again if I'm not using cheats lol.

Lenny is the weirdest, cutest dog lol. Bull terriers are so weird, but they have a charming cuteness about them. I think I might get Jules a pet before she lives in Brindleton Bay, I really do enjoy having one around.

That's weird, I wonder why my game only lets apartment dwellers exchange keys...whatevs, Jules never locks her door anyway :D:D

Are you considering getting MCCC so you can make YA/teen relationships possible? Is that an option with MCCC? I have another mod that let's teens have romance with YAs (or older, though I don't like going older than teen/YA, it's too creepy lol) so I couldn't remember if MCCC allowed for it as well.)

@Skeilah
    I know, that murphy bed death is especially horrific and painful looking lol. I mean, all deaths make the sims bodies go a little wonky, but she looks especially broken after the murphy bed crushed her :joy:

Lenny gets all the special treatment while he's living with Jules. He'll probably be on his worst behavior when Dell and Sofia take him back, and they'll be like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 JULES, why did you spoil our dog so much?? :D
    edited January 2021
    January (Monday) - Day 23: An Upside-Down World

UPSIDE-DOWN-SAKURA.png
    Monday was a tough day going back to school after the excitement of the weekend. And of course, the bills came. $329 simoleons blech! When they returned home, Sakura was anxious to head to the slopes to complete snowboarding in inclement weather. Kiyoshi was all for doing that, too, as he had a renewed interest in snowboarding again.

frozen-sakura.png
    this-is-worse-than-the-top-of-the-mountain.png

When they arrived, they checked the conditions - Fair, but the weather forecast said there might be a chance of a thundersnow storm! Great! They decided to head up the gondola. One run down...and then the weather started to get worse. They want to run inside it's so bad [their "Watcher" doesn't let them], but they keep going. Two runs down...these winds were worse than at the peak of Mt. Komorebi. Three runs down...Sakura's teeth were chattering so bad, she thought she had a defective snowboard. Four runs down...Kiyoshi does some spins and ding, ding, ding, he gets that level complete. Okay, now look at Sakura, she's upside down...in a thundersnow storm...on an expert slope...doing a high-intensity run...waiting for the ding....um...where's the ding? Oh, come on! Nope, she didn't get the ding. She tries rock climbing, then high-intensity snowboarding again...nothing. Oh my gosh! What happened? Why didn't she get it? Grrr....so frustrating. She did get a ding, however, for reaching Snowboarding Level 8.

EXTREME-SNOWBOARDING-KIYOSHI.png
    snoboarding-in-a-thundersnowstorm.png

Sakura had heard there were some hiking trails nearby and she thought it would be nice to take a walk with Kiyoshi. The weather had cleared up, but the conditions were very icy! Yikes! She checked the info board, but there were no wildlife sightings.

A-LITTLE-ICY-AND-KIYOSHI-FALLS.png

Kiyoshi: "Sakura, you know I love the outdoors, but maybe this isn't the best time to take a...HHHIIIKKKKEEEE....." Kiyoshi let out a yelp as he fell on the ice. Sakura helped him up.

Sakura: "What's a little ice? It's nothing. Come on, let's hike to the cave..."

HEY-THIS-IS-ICY.png

Kiyoshi follows, but nearly falls again. "Maybe I should have put some crampons on my shoes before I started this hike!"

AUTONOMOUSLY-LOOKS-AT-FOOTPRINTS.png

Sakura laughed as she investigated some footprints. Um, Sakura, those are YOUR footprints you just made.

They head off again, slipping and sliding their way to the cave. It's amazing how Sakura can walk so well in those ski boots that she still has on. Kiyoshi...not so much.

They make it to the cave and shout to hear an echo. They take a photo together, and also make an offering. Sakura offers a strawberry and Kiyoshi offers some parsley. Not exactly the best gifts, and the monkey idols aren't impressed. Oops. Hey, they're broke teenagers, what do you expect?

ARRIVAL-AT-THE-CAVE.png
    LISTENTING-FOR-AN-ECHO.png

They walk back towards the entrance to head home and Kiyoshi is ahead of Sakura when she falls.

AND-THIS-TIME-SAKURA-SLIPS-AND-FALLS.png

"Ouch! Kiyoshi! Kiyoshi!" Sakura shouted as he rounded the trail and was out of sight, "Oh sure, just leave me here in the cold, icy forest, alone in the dark!" Sakura mumbled as she stood up and fell again, "Don't mind me, I'm going to lay here for awhile."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So, there was, in fact, no wildlife on this trail, so no bug attacks. But apparently, even though they were skating down the trail, they had a nice hike anyway. They both get a new Sentiment "Unity in Hiking". Kiyoshi also levels up in Snowboarding-Level 9 and gets the People Person Lifestyle. So, unfortunately, Sakura still has two levels to do for this Aspiration. Guess where they will be coming after school every single night this week?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Crampons are steel traction aids that help you walk on ice and ice climb [Wikipedia].
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Skeilah
    Get a room you two... Oh wait, you already have a house! Keep the walls up for Pete's sake! LOL about the two having the same name, bet you did a double take!
    @Karababy52
    Aww that song was perfect... had me singing it. So close, So close and yet so faa... ar!
    @permanentrose
    Nice way to put in the alternate save! I have a thing for Grimmy! I don't need any help with figuring out how to kill sims lol... I got it covered! It's great that Jules and Mario patched things up, they look great together!
    @SoulGal7
    So frustrating with that aspiration. That's my post today also:

Day 24 Arrrghh!
    FmPlhZn.png
    I had Roxanne take a vacation day on a Friday to have a long weekend to try to finish the aspiration. There was a blizzard she did well again, and again while snowboarding and no ding! Arrrghh! Not sure if I hit the bug but not happy since I think I met all conditions. I sent her to rock climb after trying multiple times but the weather had changed by then. Boooo, hiss! I don't want to cheat it completed yet but if she keeps doing good runs in the right conditions... I, I.... Why I outta!
    Few more pics:
    v7qRu0H.png
    IcjIhpM.png
    BtwfzOR.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    I’m still figuring how River can find love, who he will fall for, when will that be, will it work out. There are number of potential interests...Sofia, Kaori, Megumi (haha maybe I’ll go through the magic 8-ball route as another challenge) I suppose I’m just trying to get his aspiration completed before this month ends, just one but I am doubting this will happen.

@Karababy52 Our little boy is about 9 months. We keep him offline as much as possible. Online we call him Juanito. For NPCs/townies to send money, it’s from KawaiiStacie’s mod called Slice of Life. It adds more depth to the game imo. .... Congrats to Tessa completing both aspirations!! And happy she got to see Josh that dy too!

@permanentrose I’m so behind with uni work that I’ve barely touched the accompanying story to River. As for the hair, I think I’ll gradually change it to add another sign that time is passing :3 and thank you for the Sim wedding tips, will definitely use that once I have a more up to date computer to play with. … Also poor Jules, I wonder how she’ll take Mario’s jealousy.

@SoulGal7 I had the utmost confidence in Sakura and Kiyoshi, well done and congratulations to them both! Love that they’ve claimed the mountain via a snowpal but even better that … I’m typing this as I read the update, that Sakura’s oji-san reached the hummit with them.

@Skeliah I really don’t know yet. I though Sofia and River because she was the first Sim he was attracted to, based on the WonderfulWhims mod, but then I thought I’ll wait it out for now. I didn’t realise Kaori and him had matching kimonos (man I keep forgetting details to this lol) … I love that Naoki and Bryon made up and that <3 Though when it comes to sleep, I’m more like Naoki and my husband is more like Bryon. … And awesome new photo! I forgot to say that I’ve uploaded River Funke-Townes to the gallery too!

@Hermitgirl Haha gotta love that list, and some Marcus Flex. I ship them as much as I ship her and Clement...basically Team Roxanne! Also I’m enjoying you explore that side of game and fleshing Roxanne’s character.

• KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2021
    Day 22
    yhQlQHx.png
    Making friends with his neighbours. Really curious with Jeb Harris, so curious was I that I initiated him into his group of friends. He doesn’t come often when they hangout to do homework at River’s house lololol though. Here, I spent a lot of River’s money to get climbing gear. Still trying to see if I can get the aspiration complete but I’m not holding my breath nor am I wracked about it. Uni starting again tomorrow and it’s a lot, but I am doing my best to be prepared.
    Day 23
    5RpfG6u.png
    That bench near River’s lot is where he sometimes ends up eating and reading...I didn’t get him a chair til recently. I spotted this Sim sitting their on their own and if I remember right, I think River ended sitting there and thought this would make an interesting writing prompt for the SimLit that I will write out...probably will have to chunk days together into chapters featuring that day’s photos.
    Post edited by Kanindota on
    edited January 2021
    @permanentrose - Oh my gosh! I just saw Jules sort of twisted on the floor with Grimmie coming towards her.....noooooo!!!! No more deaths in this challenge! No!
    Oh thank goodness - murphy bed good-bye! So glad it was just a nightmare for Jules. And look at all the goodies that Jules made for Mario. Wow! Look at those cookies. And she even knit him a hat! Wow! Talk about time-management skills. And doesn't Jules look sexy in that outfit! Oh yah! And it sounds like they got some things worked out, so all Jules' effort really paid off. And that Lenny...oh my gosh...so cute! Of course, who could resist giving him a cookie, too? lol And the goodnight kiss....ahhh...so sweet. Love the honeymoon photo. Yes, Dell, Jules is having lots of fun! *wink*
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited January 2021
    @Hermitgirl - Day 23 - Oh my gosh - seriously funny that Nanami is torturing poor Roxanne. Maybe she thinks that the house needs some "artistic" expression. Too funny! And Roxanne let loose on her. It must be the stress of getting the aspiration completed by the end of the month that is causing her stress. lol And then Naoki just coming over and attending to the bees, or getting honey. Not sure what he is doing there. Geez! I think Sakura saw Naoki once, at the Welcome Wagon, when she was late getting there, and they have a smidgen of red between them. I don't normally play teens, so it will be fun to see what her trait will be when she ages up! lol

Day 24 - Believe me, Sakura can relate to this. There is still time until the end of the month, so Sakura is going to try her best to get it done. Best of luck to Roxanne, too. On a side note, Sakura's snowboarding skills are getting up there in trying so hard! lol

@Skeilah - Day 24 - Wow! Bryon really missed Naoki. Is Bryon coming out of his shell a bit? Kisses Naoki and then...leaves him hanging! lol

@Kanindota - Day 23 - Jeb Harris is now in your club - oh that's good. I haven't really played Eco Living that much. Is that his sister? Really need to look that pre-made family up. Looks like they are having fun playing cards.

Day 24 - mystery feet...okay, one of them belongs to River. It's nice eating your lunch on a park bench :) And on a side note - good luck with the start of uni again :)

@Karababy52 - Well, I knew that if Tessa gave Josh a key that he would come around again. But he does cheer her up, so that is nice. And it's raining out, so, heck, yes - It's Raining Men...I mean...Josh! hehehe Love the little thoughts he has about Tessa when she is saying normal things...Tessa - I adore that little puppy - Josh (thinking) - I adore you! Ahhh...so very sweet.
    @Skeilah
    No, I knew he'd still be visiting constantly, with or without the key. But with the key, I thought he'd come right in. He doesn't though, which is weird. He just stands there waiting for Tessa to let him in and gets a thought bubble of the door. Oh! Gah! I think I just figured out why. The door is probably locked to just household members. D'oh! Have to check on that.

Thanks for the advice, but IF I get some kind of Mod that allows for them to do romantic interactions, that will be the only Mod I'll get. I don't want to fall down that rabbit hole again of loading up my game with Mods/CC as I've done in the past. My TS2 game got so broken and corrupted, it was all but unplayable because of them.

I don't know how! o.O smh Being romantic is a big part of Bryon's personality, I should know by now he has that trait. Opps!

Wouldn't it be cool if we really could see what our neighbors are doing on their lots? Alas, we can't. Tessa probably would've just stopped and watched them, daydreaming Bryon was Josh and she Naoki and letting out a dreamy sigh. :D

@permanentrose
    Aww, well it's cool you did that, and seeing poor Jules laying there like that gave me a scare, but you didn't have to acknowledge it. Glad you did though! ;)

I like Bull Terriers, they look so unique. There was this old show Hubby and I used to watch called Baa Baa Black Sheep about a famous real Marine, Major Greg 'Pappy' Boyington and his squadron of WWII fighter pilots called the Black Sheep. He had a dog named Meatball that was a Bull Terrier. Always thought that breed was cool after watching the show. I've had thoughts of having one of my Sims get a Bull Terrier and naming it Meatball in honor of the real dog. :)

I don't know, Mod conflict maybe? But one thing I do know, if your Sim gives a key to someone while they live outside of San Myshuno, the unique event called 'Friends Hangout' won't happen at least. So there is some special events connected to just San Myshuno in relation to giving out keys.

No, I won't be getting MCCC until after this iteration is complete. I have heard many, many great things about that Mod and would love to get it, but it's a HUGE Mod and I wouldn't want to get it just for the possibility of getting my two sweethearts together after going Vanilla for so long. What is the name of the Mod you're using? I'd love to check it out. Does the creator keep it updated? I've checked into a few, there's one that looked promising by Shimrod, but from what I understand, it doesn't work anymore. :(

@SoulGal7
    GAH! Sounds like Sakura and Kyoshi had the exact same conditions as Tessa did when she completed that goal. Bummer it only acknowledged Kyoshi. So weird! I would've sent them back to the Medium climbing walls though after snowboarding since they kept falling on the ice, very, very good indication of Icy conditions for climbing the walls. I hope she's able to get it completed soon.

Those darn monkey idols! They didn't like the chrysanthemum Tessa gave them either, but they loved the blackberry Josh gave them. Which, when you think about it, kind of makes sense. They could eat the blackberry, but the flower probably wouldn't be as tasty. ;)

You had me laughing out loud when Sakura finally slipped on the ice and Kyoshi was so far ahead. Her comments were hilarious! You know since you mentioned Sakura was still wearing her snowboarding boots, I think perhaps she was glitched. Those are supposed to disappear when they get off the board and whatever footwear they had before reappears. Just a thought for why the aspiration didn't complete.

Anyway, it's cool they at least increased their skills, got a new Lifestyle and the Unity in Hiking sentiment. Tessa and Josh had that sentiment for awhile too. :)

@Hermitgirl
    Yes! Those lyrics are perfect, I love that song! I'm not sure if the quote I used is from that song or not, but it certainly sounds similar. There's another part of the song that goes, "My eyes adored you, though I never laid a hand on you..." also perfect in describing these two. ;) Well, they do hug, but I'm quite sure the lyrics weren't talking about that general kind of touching. :D

I don't blame Roxanne for spewing some choice expletives, this goal seems to be the toughest one of all to accomplish! While I love it's a very challenging aspiration to complete, it is extremely frustrating! Don't hesitate to use an aspiration cheat to complete it if the game continues to stubbornly refuse to recognize Roxanne is doing everything the description says to do. I would. Good luck!

@Kanindota
    Aww, so you have a baby in the house and thus your hands are full along with everything else going on in your life. I remember those days well. :) My youngest Grandson is almost 8 months old. He'll be a year old in May. Love that little guy! <3

Thanks for the Congrats! It's a big relief completing those, especially that one really tough goal in the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration everyone is struggling to complete. Tessa was extremely happy to see Josh too! :)

I was so curious about Jeb too, that I went in CAS and removed the bag to take a peek. He's actually kind of cute! Cool that River is widening his circle of friends. The climbing equipment is SO expensive! It really doesn't last that long either. I think there's a bug with trying to 'repair' it too when it's in poor condition. Anytime Tessa tried to repair it, all it did was change to 'broken.'

That screenshot does look very interesting for a writing prompt! Great idea! If it's the same bench I'm thinking about, Tessa slept on it many times and did her homework there before she got anything on her lot as well.

Good luck with Uni coming up and don't stress about the challenge, we'll be here whenever you have time. :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Hi everyone :)<3

I have been working all weekend and some IRL extra stuff has been keeping me busy, but free day from work tomorrow, so I will be catching up :)

Now I am glad I played this so much more than needed, I can still post without opening the save for some time still :D

I will post my remaining (d21-d25) pics tomorrow, plus mentions and comments.

Here is what happened at the night 20-21, what I skipped at my last update as it was long already :)
    XV9XLJO.png
    It was still dark when she returned home from.. well where ever she was.. lol. And she decided that rather than go to sleep, talking to plants was way better idea.
    6hmsVc9.png
    Then my camera zoomed to the edge of the lot, Melody had a visitor.. too bad I didn't get a picture (I hitted video button instead, so I got long (3 seconds) video , but she was doing all the Vampire creepy walk...
    FTOKvU4.png
    "Mom!??? I am awake! And better not to drink from me anyway!"
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu - Days 20 - 21 night
    Melody's mother is a vampire? Oh my gosh!
    @SoulGal7 - Raining men...Josh, you're exactly right! She needed him, and just like that, there he is! I love these two so much, they make me smile! I couldn't resist writing that about the puppy and his thoughts about adoring her, especially because he'd just gotten the 'Adoring' sentiment for her. <3

@Ellupelluellu - Very cool you're ahead so you don't need to stress about posting since you're so busy. :) Looks like it's a good thing she did talk to her plants instead of going to bed too, since Mom was lurking about. :D I love the creepy vampire walk, it's so campy! <3 BTW Veera is her Mom?!? How did I not know that? o.O
    @Ellupelluellu I'm glad you decided to actually make Veera her mom in this version, I know when we were chatting that you mentioned that genetically Veera was her mom but I didn't think you'd actually make them related in this version, but I think that's gonna be a GREAT storyline!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top