Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Skeilah
    Bummer Duane dropped out of the gig with Bryon. But Congrats to him for completing the Master Actor and Friend of the World aspirations! :)

Glad that handylady found Roo and brought her back home. Also glad that Bryon contacted Duane and met up with him. So you're going to Sulani for July, that's awesome! So cool they'll have at least one friend there already when they move. :)

@permanentrose
    Perhaps the Devs tweaked something because any pregnancies I've had in the game prior to Essa, they all had a big bump right from the start. It would be nice if the length was different for each lifespan. Oh well... Understandable about not getting EL right now. I can see how it would be a bit overwhelming if you only had a short time to explore it. Perhaps in the future. :)

Thanks about the tip with toddlers nurturing the bugs. I'm glad they included more for toddlers too. However, their toddler(s) won't be doing that. :D I dislike that feature personally and think it's ridiculous. I'll have Essa do it for the aspiration but that's it. Yes, the garden would've just been way too profitable for them in EL. All the plants really are gone, but I kept one seed from each plant for use in a later month. :) I guess I have conditioned them well, or maybe they're just too randy! :D

They won't be doing a true Rags to Riches I've decided. It's just not very realistic for them. Plus it would be too hard with a baby(ies) coming soon. However, they did have to sell a lot of their personal stuff to build the house and only have around 400 simoleans to their name now. Living off the grid will be a challenge, as will the necessity to make everything in the house to use that they can. It's fun though, I've done it numerous times with other Sims. :) I don't know how cool their house is, but I love it anyway. It's small, but not that tiny, doesn't qualify for the perks anyway.

Ah, so they'll be living above a bookstore in Magnolia Promenade, very cool! Good idea making it so Ruby doesn't think Vampires are real so Jules has to explain about Lydia to her. Essa didn't think they were real either until she met Damon. ;)

@SoulGal7
    Excellent idea how to get those paintings to Mila. Love the genetics generator feature. :) Oh gosh, I hope you like doing the EL aspirations! This really is a fun pack, so many new skills, a couple aspirations, a few traits, etc. A lot of gameplay that impacts the entire game, not just that world too. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Ohh, the food samples! Oh yeah, always have my Sims try those. They must not eat enough of them though because they've never learned a recipe from them. Oh man, that's hilarious about Veera just talking away after everyone left. hehe Does Malcom decide what to prepare on his own? I'm guessing yes or you'd never let him make something under excellent quality. hehe

Yep, it's the best of the three neighborhoods in my opinion. For one thing, if you like dumpster diving it has four! For another, it's very pretty with all the pine trees and mountains. Plus it's a neutral neighborhood. The Grim one is already green and the other one is industrial. Didn't want Essa breathing in that nasty air since she's preggers. There's also the fact that lot was dirt cheap! ;)

Nice lounge they visited! Love the infinity pool! Good observation skills there Malcom with knowing Lydia was a vampire. ;) Looks like James is enjoying Melody's playing and is that Bryon? Well Viktor was being very weird indeed. So he just came out there to stare at Malcom. o.O Sheesh! Glad James said something to make him go away. How did you lose the celebrity autographs? Glad you're able to replace them, but that's still a bummer. Nice that Carrie sang with Melody. :) Man, that pool! Love it! Hi Essa! *waves*

Congrats to Melody for finishing the Musical Genius aspiration! Yay! \o/ Hi Michael! Or maybe that's his brother Raff. I can't tell, they look so similar! o.O :D So strange Kyoshi didn't show up, but nice it was Joey instead. I don't use that color blond much either. :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Not really sure why I'm up so late tonight, but since I have the energy, I will do some comments :)

@Karababy52
    Yeah, no EL yet, but it's not out of the question for the future, and it will be nice to see you guys play it this month so I'll start learning the ins and outs better if I do get it and decide to do it with Jules. Watching you guys play SE helped me really know what to expect when I finally got it and then did it with Jules a few months later :)

I think their house looks great - and very cool ;) It's very perfect what you need it to be this month, and it's just so cute! I know it's not officially a tiny house, but it has that charming smallness to it anyway :) I'm excited to see the inside! I did off the grid for Jules in Mt. Komorebi for the first part of that month, glad I tried it at least for a bit in this challenge. I feel like a lot of the Eco stuff would make living off the grid more interesting and enjoyable for sure. I think your lot traits are good too! That child's play one really is helpful :) I'm very excited to meet Josh and Essa's baby(ies)!

@SoulGal7 Thanks for the explanation! I forgot to try it when I was in my game last, but I'll definitely remember that for the future!

@Skeilah
    I missed Duane too in that last gig he had! They really were quite a pair. Using Duane to get the Saitos to Sulani is a great idea too. I am curious about a few other loose ends that I'm wondering if you'll do anything with for the rest of this month. One, is Hana still pregnant with an alien baby??? And two, is Naoki's dad still in jail and will their family resolve their differences, or will you have that something Naoki's working on with them over the course of this challenge?

@Ellupelluellu
    Your daily shot made me laugh haha. What is Victor up to? :D I guess a lot of the pre-mades in your save are aging up now! Will we see a grey haired Lily wandering around too now? The gardener switch made me laugh too. And Malcolm's comment to Lydia about being a vampire :D Just a fun update all together, and yet again, I enjoyed seeing my sims show up :) I really do like seeing famous Carrie in your game :)

I also didn't know that sims could put on sunscreen - at least that what it looks like what Malcolm is doing in that one shot! How do you get that option? I thought the sunscreen bottle was only decorative haha.

• sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    June 29
    Week 9 Wednesday

2021-06-18-17_32_24-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    June 26
    YvhC7z2.png

Bryons Diary
    (Audrey) "Yes!!! We're going on a vacation!!"
    (Alex) "Noooo... We're going to be homeschooled..."

dvUK7r2.png
    (Bryon) "What's so bad about being homeschooled? Your dad and I both got homeschooled, and look at us now!"
    (Alex) "I mean, now I have to spend even more time with Audrey!"
    (Audrey) "That's mean."
    (Naoki) "Don't listen to your brother. He's just kidding."

SMDfQjR.png
    (Bryon) "Anyways, tomorrow will be a big day, because daddy will do his celebrity cleanse."
    (Alex) "No more people in front of our door?"
    (Audrey) "No more fainting people in front of you?"
    (Bryon) "It'll be all gone! But for now, it's bedtime. Goodnight, and have some sweet dreams about Sulani!!"

5NhpHIR.pngmbaNO89.png
    I had a lot of energy left, so I decided to work on some lyrics, since I finally got inspiration. Like, a lot! Before I knew it, it was time to meet up with Duane and have a celebrity cleanse together.

8jTnR2b.png
    (Duane) "I can't believe we're really doing this, Bryon! And you're going with me to Sulani with your whole family!! I'm so happy!"
    (Bryon) "Haha, I'm glad that you're happy. That makes me happy too! Come on, let's go inside and fix this."

IIvEks2.png

smzcAdG.png

l0us5Lh.png

LLv3ic7.png

uKbQYKg.png
    And then, they returned, all normal again. They sure are having fun!

(Bryon) "I can't wait to tell Naoki I'm back to normal at our date later tonight."
    (Duane) "Ohhhh, you guys are having a date? You should head home and get ready then!! I'll speak to you soon, kay?"
    (Bryon) "Of course! See you soon!"
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    June 23 - Del Sol Valley - Winterfest - Part 1

HERE-WE-GO-FATHER-WINTER.png
    It was Winterfest, and Wolfgang had woken up first. He had dressed and sat on the couch reading, waiting for Sakura to wake up. He had a surprise for her, and he couldn't wait to see her expression. Finally, she woke up and came over to sit beside him, snuggling next to him.

Wolfgang: "Happy Winterfest, my love. Did you sleep well?"

Sakura: "Yes!" she said stretching, "Happy Winterfest, Wolfgang. That is a very festive sweater you're wearing."

Wolfgang: "Yes, it is. It is actually another tradition."

as-cute-as-those-panda-pjs-are-on-winterfest-we-all-dress-in-winterfest-ware.png

Sakura: "Oh?"

Wolfgang: "Yes, even though those Panda pjs that you are wearing are cute, on Winterfest, it is a tradition that we all dress up in festive holiday clothes."

Sakura frowned, "Oh Wolfgang, I wish I had known...I really don't have anything like that to wear..."

Wolfgang: "That's what I thought. I actually ordered something for you on-line for you to wear today..."

Sakura smiled at him, "Oh Wolfgang...that is so sweet of you. Is it a nice warm holiday sweater?"

giving-sakura-a-gift.png

Wolfgang: "You'll see....go ahead and change...I won't peak...much..."

i-have-got-to-get-a-photo-of-you.png

Sakura put on the gift that Wolfgang had bought her, "Um...Wolfgang...is it supposed to look like this?" she asked as she sat down beside him.

Wolfgang opened his eyes, and his jaw dropped when he saw her, "Wow! I have got to get a photo of you in that outfit!"

Sakura looked a bit embarrassed, "Maybe it's too much...I'll just wear something red or green..."

you-are-making-me-hot-girl.png

Wolfgang: "No way. You're not changing! It's just going to be the family today...and I really...REALLY...like you in that outfit..." he said suddenly giving her a very passionate kiss.

dang-girl-you-are-hot.png

Wolfgang: "Come 'ere....Dang! Do you know how "hot" you look in that?" he said pulling her towards the closet.

get-in-here.png

Sakura: "Wolfgang...the closet?"

Wolfgang: "No-one will see us...Now get in here..."

HEARTS-ON-THE-CLOSET.png

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang!"

I-THINK-THEY-BROKE-THE-CUPBOARD-DOOR.png

WE-HAVE-GOT-TO-BRING-THAT-WITH-US-ON-THE-HONEMOON.png

Oh geez! I think they broke the closet door. How is Wolfgang going to explain that to his mother?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When they were done, Sakura smoothed her hair, "Okay, well, that was interesting. Let's never try that again!"

NOW-SAKURA-IS-UNCOMFORTABLE.png

Wolfgang: "Yeah, agreed. I think I got scratches on my back from the hangers....Um...let's go get some breakfast..." he smiled at her and held her hand in his as they headed towards the kitchen.

WOLFGANG-IS-FUNNY.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They entered the kitchen together, and Wolfgang pulled Sakura into his arms, "I neglected to tell you how much I love you, Sakura. I'm so happy we're sharing our first Winterfest together," he said as he kissed her.

GOOD-MORNING-MY-LOVE.png

And just as they parted, Mila came into the kitchen, "Happy Winterfest sleepyheads! Oh, Sakura, what a cute outfit you have on. Wolfgang must have told you about our tradition. Now breakfast is all ready, so let's eat because Lucas has already been pestering me to open the presents..."

And then Mila rang the bell.

BREAKFAST-IS-SERVED.png

They all gathered in the dining room, and when she saw what everyone else was wearing, Sakura didn't feel out of place at all, "Happy Winterfest everyone!" she said cheerfully.

HAPPY-WINTERFEST-EVERYONE.png

Wolfgang: "So, Lucas, have you been good or bad this year?"

HAVE-YOU-BEEN-GOOD-OR-BAD.png

Lucas: "Oh, Wolfgang, I have been extra good. Every night at dinner I set the table, and then I clear all the plates afterwards."

Sakura: "Oh, I think that Lucas has been very good this year. I saw what a stack of plates he was carrying last night. He is a good helper."

Lucas looked at Sakura and gave her his biggest smile.

Mila: "I think for this morning, we can clean up the dishes after we open the presents," she said as they headed into the living room.

EXCITED-TO-OPEN-GIFTS.png

Of course Lucas was the first one there. He was so excited!

Then the onslaught of opening gifts commenced. Mila gave Wolfgang his present first.

O-HOPE-YOU-LIKE-IT.png
    wolfgang-got-a-robot-vacuum-dock.png

Since Wolfgang was into robots, Mila thought that he would love this new fangled robot vacuum. And Wolfgang thought it was the perfect gift! Of course, she also gave Wolfgang a cookie jar full of her famous sugar cookies.

OPENING-GIFT-SAKURA.png

Mila knew how much Sakura loved tea, so she had bought her a selection of different teas from around the world, all packed in pretty canisters.

Sakura's gift of the portrait of Mila that she had painted was revealed and Wolfgang was stunned when he saw it. He always knew that Sakura was talented, but this painting was amazing. Sakura had given his mother such a heartfelt gift, and he couldn't help but go over to Sakura and give her a hug and thank her for making his mother so happy.

sakura-that-was-a-most-beautiful-gift-you-gave-my-mom.png

Gunther and Wolfgang had split on a gift for their Mom and bought her a day of pampering at the Windenburg Spa. Mila kissed them both and told them it was such a wonderful surprise. Lucas gave her a hand-made gift of a personalized plate with his hand-painted handprint on it. He had made it at school just for her. Mila then gave Lucas a kiss on the cheek and told him that she would treasure his gift always.

I-HOPE-YOU-LIKE-IT-LUCAS.png

Wolfgang gives Lucas the little chatter bot that he made for him, and Lucas loved it.

Lucas handed Wolfgang his gift and when Wolfgang opened it, it was a hand drawn painting of a rocket ship blasting off to space.

Lucas: "When you told me you and Sakura had gone up in a rocket ship, I painted this for you so you would remember."

Wolfgang: "Oh, well, I think we will remember it all right...thank you" Wolfgang smiled and for a moment had a flashback of he and Sakura woohoo'ing in that rocket ship. Suddenly Wolfgang was feeling rather hot and said he had to get a glass of water.

LUCAS-I-MADE-IT-FOR-YOU.png

Sakura gave Lucas a box of arts and crafts supplies that she had put together herself, and she also knitted him a Timmy The Turtle Toy.

Lucas: "Sakura, I am so happy you are going to be my sister because you give the best gifts."

I-AM-SO-HAPPY-YOUR-ARE-MY-SISTER-NOW.png

Lucas: "Now you open mine, Sakura. I made it myself."

Sakura carefully opened the gift and inside were some handmade fir tress on cotton batting in an upside down mason jar that had glitter on the inside of the glass. It looked just like a forest in the winter time. There was a set of two.

Lucas: "I hope that when you look at them that you will remember the first Winterfest you spent with us."

Sakura: "Oh Lucas, I will. Thank you. This has been the best Winterfest ever." she said as she hugged him.

SAKURA-I-AM-GLAD-WE-ADOPTED-YOU.png

Sakura gave Gunther the socks that she had knitted for him and he said he would treasure them always.

FOR-MY-FUTURE-BROTHER-IN-LAW.png

In turn, Gunther gave Sakura a copy of one of his favorite mystery books, called, The Cherry Lip Balm Caper. He hoped she enjoyed it. Gunther gave Wolfgang some specialty coffees, one was even a Winterfest blend.
    jenny-gave-gunther-a-gift.png

And what a surprise! Gunther got a gift from Jenny! Aw, that was sweet!

Then it was time for Wolfgang and Sakura to exchange gifts. Sakura went first.

Sakura: "This is for you, tiger..." she said as she gave Wolfgang his gift.

gift-for-wolfgang.png

He opened it, and inside was a tiger beanie. He immediately put it on and smiled at Sakura and then did a pose showing off his muscles.

i-think-i-look-pretty-studly-in-this-hat.png

Wolfgang: "Oh yeah, I like this. Tiger, huh?" he growled and then whispered "I think I'll have to wear this to bed later...and I mean just the hat..." he said winking at her.

juar-qh-R-I-wanted.png

Sakura looked around to make sure no one had heard and felt her cheeks get flushed.

Wolfgang: "And I have something for you, too."

Sakura looked at the gift, "But Wolfgang, you already got me this outfit to wear...you didn't have to get me anything else..."

Wolfgang: "Ah, that's okay. I love spoiling you. Go ahead, open it. I made this one for you."

Sakura opened the gift and inside were two carved swans facing each other and where they joined, it formed a heart.

crafted-with-love-from-wolfgang.png

for-my-tiger.png

Sakura: "Oh, Wolfgang, it's just beautiful. Thank you," she said and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

and-then-they-sang-some-holiday-tunes.png

When all the gifts were opened, they sang some holiday tunes together. And then all of a sudden, they heard a WHOOSH coming from the fireplace, and Father WInter appeared!

FATHER-WINTER-IS-HERE.png

The excitement started up again, as Father Winter placed some presents under the tree.

"Ho! Ho! Ho!" Father Winter said and had a big belly laugh.

FATHER-WINTER-ITS-ME-LUCAS.png

Father Winter: "My dear, Sakura, I heard this was your first Winterfest here, and so I had to make a special appearance just for you."

Lucas was wildly waving, "Father Winter! It's me, Lucas. I am on the good list! I am sure you already know that!"

Father Winter did another belly laugh and went over to Lucas and handed him a gift, "Happy Winterfest, Lucas!"

FOR-ME.png

Lucas couldn't believe the size of the gift, and when he opened it, inside was a science kit. "Oh thank you Father Winter...I am going to make lots of potions and do experiments. I want to get really good in science so I can be an Astronaut."

Father Winter nodded and then handed Mila a gift, "Mrs. Winter is still raving about those sugar cookies you gave us last year," he chuckled.

Mila: "Oh...she is so wonderful...and I have another batch for you to take back, " she smiled warmly and gave him a tin of cookies.

Father Winter laughed, "Oh, Mila, no wonder you are always on the good list..."

TO-A-VERY-HARDWORKING-WOMAN.png

With all the gifts distributed, Father Winter "lay his finger aside of his nose, And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose."

FATHER-WINTER-IS-NOW-GONE.png

Everyone seemed to hurry out of the living room after that, except Wolfgang and Sakura.

Wolfgang: "We have some time this afternoon, before dinner is served, and I was wondering if you wanted to...um...go somewhere with me...just the two of us."

i-do-have-a-special-surprise-for-you-sakura-for-the-honeymoon.png

Sakura: Oh? What did you have in mind?"

Wolfgang: "I was wondering if you wanted to go ice skating. Have you ever been?"

Sakura: "Ice skating? No, I have never been before..."

wolfgang-you-have-made-me-so-happy.png

Wolfgang: "So...what do you say? Would you like to go on a date with me?"

Sakura: "A date? How can I say no to my fiance?" she laughed.

Wolfgang: "Now that's the kind of answer I like" he joked and then kissed her on the lips.

oh-wolfgang-i-love-you.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Verse from A Visit from St. Nicholas by Clement Clarke Moore. Normally Father Winter comes at 8pm, but I didn't want to go through all the present stuff again, so, just this once, he came to the Munch house early. lol

Sakura got this moodlet when she gave everyone their knitted items.

from-giving-knitted-gifts.png

Here is the Calendar of Events for today and the next few days. Part 2 of Winterfest will be the next post. I temporarily added Wolfgang and Sakura to the Munch household. Then, tomorrow is the wedding, then afterwards, Wolfgang and Sakura are heading off on a honeymoon (although Sakura doesn't know about this yet). New Year's Eve they will be on their honeymoon and then an extra day. Planning an in-game wedding is tough enough, but then planning it around holidays...well, even harder. lol

CALENDAR-WINTERFEST-WEDDING-NEW-YEARS-HONEYMOON.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,868 Member
    @Karababy52 ,
    yes those samples, but you said "try" , in my game there is 2 options one what is directly translated as "taste" , but it is "try" in English? That one never gives the recipe :) The other option in my game is something like "grab a plate" , when, just like in home, they take the full plate from the serving, and after they have eaten that, they get the recipe :)
    Haha, actually no, I do not let them usually to make their own dishes, I just want to try what ever I am in the mood for seeing they eat :D But yes I try to level up his gourmet cooking, why I keep selecting mostly that :) Melody has maxed both, naturally by now :)
    Yes that was Bryon, he, Sakura and kids are only ones with blue hair :p I do not know how they lost both, Jasper's and Essa's pics, but those just weren't in their, or household inventory.
    -- Their house look very cute <3

@permanentrose ,
    Hehe, elder Lily actually was in pictures allready, one of those piano playing sessions at DSV lounge :) When you make your sim to sunbathe, while sim is doing it click said sim, there will be option for putting sun lotion on :)

@Skeilah ,
    must be relieving feeling for Bryon to be a just "a regular sim" again :smiley:

@SoulGal7 ,
    Lovely Winterfest <3 I am sorry if I have missed something, but who's wedding are at Monday? :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

This sort of different update. Mostly about Malcolm, but melody really needed rest.
    Includes several challenge sims or children of challenge sims :)

Blonde dude and Melody Connors
    Day 19 June

S3KGknU.png
    5olJY3i.png
    While melody was at sleep, Malcolm wanted to visit that humor festival, what ever it is called :D
    BHc00Hk.png
    Funny thing.. Aaron did not mind that both of his parents went to a childish festival.. not him, he needed to visit art gallery instead :p

hfKimdA.png
    New bartender dude.

EtxUuGk.png
    The badasssseeesss...
    gBRykSk.png
    The comedians...

PD9JO6b.png
    He was just gonna do his first prank, but Emmaline Fabulous , Izzy's wife, needed his autograph!

s0Jk73p.png
    Okay, he made his favorite prank joke to Joey.. who... smiled and shake his head slowly..
    Malcolm: "That did not go so well?"
    Bryon: "No , bro, not at all."
    Malcolm: "Okay, I better do some training , then...
    7Wus3cs.png
    0hAY0Q2.png
    Maybe not the best idea..
    YwR8ots.png
    tySU4HL.png
    NOT good.. stop that or I have to press M!!!
    txficMe.png
    Malcolm: "Don't worry watcher, I want out of here, boring and these sims don't get my jokes! "

GnO9hd2.png
    do3wt4O.png
    So, next spot will be at Evergreen Harbour.
    t3kpQFr.png
    wx4ZF8G.png
    Apartment what belongs to Lucas Munch and Mia Patina, now Munch :)
    Malcolm:"What? Has my mother cut your electricity? Ah no, you have light in kitchen.."
    pjmSbyK.png
    Mia: "No, we have started to think green, and we will try to use mostly candles and low energy products!"
    Malcom: "Okay, good for mom."

oGid2At.png
    S3KGknU.png
    Okay, naturally nobody standing at the road when I wished it to be the case.. okay , lets find the kids :)
    69nBpA1.png
    Lotta , I think she looks like mini-Essa :smiley:
    MU0X4xY.png
    Her brother, Marcus was not far, telling jokes to his dad.
    EsibmQ4.png
    Lotta was not so pleased :p
    boOIydN.png
    Marcus, okay maybe you eat too much candy or ice cream , but wait when you grow to teen...
    lqk3eFq.png
    Looks like men in this household are bad at telling jokes, this was Nelly's reaction to a joke her brother told her :D

zprSb2e.png
    Then to Vatores.
    Malcolm: "Watcher, she is right behind me, right?"
    Yes..
    Malcolm: "Why she always does THAT!"
    ThjsQw6.png
    The youngest , Nico was gladly right there.. now to find Rasmus..
    EC0oUUk.png
    He is a kid now :) Then julia..

Julia..

Julia.. Where is she??!!
    ATEXdEe.png
    Several sim hour later Julia was finally there.. I found her from the cellar.. I had looked there many times before.
    VVCJCjC.png
    PUNTT5r.png
    That was nice :)
    qdvuWvy.png
    Julia: "I think these walls look rather dull.."
    Malcolm: "Umm..."
    kl3Up9N.png
    Julia: "And I am so thirsty!"
    Malcolm: "Okay, nice to meat you, but I have to go.."
    REYM8Bo.png
    Malcolm teleported himself out :D

qj0Ob6W.png
    He then went to start boulevard.. the place where usually Jenny's and Jasper's kids hang out..
    XSvipQl.png
    He did find Jeremy , have to try to find the younger brother later, now he had to go home.

SOLm9so.png
    Melody was at the stairs..
    Melody: "We have to go to the hospital, NOW!!!"

I totally thought I posted this hours ago HAHA. Well, here it is now :)

--

Update 178 - The Book Nook

nTTiZdm.jpg
    No official story today, I'm just going with the idea that Jules and Emmett have both decided that running Deirdre's store sounds like a fun adventure for them, so they are working on sorting out the details and getting themselves ready to move to Magnolia Promenade :)

Other than that, I was just trying to make some progress by the end of the month. I turned on autonomy and just kind of blasted through several days. I was hoping to get Jules up to level 8 of the culinary career (the level she needs for the cooking aspiration) because then she can quit and finish those aspirations more casually. I got her up to a level 6, not sure if I'll have time to get her any more promotions before the end of this month, but I'm gonna try. Emmett maxed out the Business career. He'll officially quit at the beginning of next month. Ruby is working on two custom aspirations as I mentioned, and they are much more involved than the normal kid ones. I'm really enjoying them though. I don't want to age her up until after the baby is born anyway, and now that Jules is staying a YA for another month, I don't feel like I have to rush Ruby's age up anyway.

So here are a few moments I captured with autonomy on. I played really fast though so I didn't really stop to get many screenshots.

Playing with clay and making drinks - two activities that autonomy always seems to favor haha.
    2iZNCh5.jpg

Emmett has always been so good at autonomously cleaning up <3
    dmg1LbG.jpg

Emmett decided to help Ruby with her homework - I thought that was really sweet :)
    HVbTJL7.jpg

Jules spends A LOT of time in the home gym if I don't give her anything else to do.
    5jeDBSD.png

The rest of my time in game was spent starting to get a house ready for next month.

I downloaded this lot from the gallery. It's gonna look a lot different, especially since I am missing several packs they used, but I liked the general layout as a base to start with since I wasn't feeling up to laying out a store and an apartment from scratch. They will be purchasing the empty lot next door as their home lot, but living on their retail lot for the most part. I've never played this way before, so I'm curious to try it out!
    P4qDLHi.png

I worked mostly on the outside and gutted the inside. I also downloaded a greenhouse for their garden out back. I'm not entirely sure how gardening works on a retail lot, but I plan to lock the doors so only the family has access to it, and since you have access to their inventory while on a retail lot, I'm gonna assume I can put my garden on this lot and just hope it produces harvestables regularly.

This is the greenhouse room I downloaded.
    A2a0JoE.png

And I did clear it out a lot so I can properly fit all the plants.
    sqAwLGW.jpg
    2FKKo94.jpg

And this is the progress I've made so far, mostly outside stuff. Not sure if I'll end up leaving the pool or not. My update tomorrow will probably be more reno shots :)
    lMSwW7L.jpg
    c3zXzhg.jpg

I did also just think of the fact that the baby won't be able be on their retail lot since babies can only exist on residential lots, so that's something I'll deal with when the time comes, lol. I already starting thinking of a few work arounds, but I'll probably do a pretty short baby phase at this point to avoid the headache :)
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @Ellupelluellu

Lol! That is so funny! And I missed something important! Melody is pregnant! Risky woohoo? 😆 Are mom and Dad thrilled about this?

Malcolm is right, Victor was being very weird.

But Malcolm, dear, you are weird too. That's just Jasper, you've seen him before 😅

He sure is a good sport about just hanging out while his sweetheart does her thing. Ha! He is very observant! Yes, she is most likely a vampire 😝 Imagine, a patient and helpful Malcolm. The world turned inside out or something, lol

Hooray! She finished her musical genius aspiration! On to a new one?

And yes, so funny 🤣 hello Mr. Holiday! 😃 What exactly happened to the morning gardener?

Did the watcher slip and push a delete button somewhere? 🤔

I never ever expected to see Joey as a gardener. The man is squeamish! Touching fish makes him cry for 4 hours. What happens if he touches a worm 😂
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    @permanentrose ,
    LOL, when i made my comments I looked like 3 times where is your update, as you always post way before mine :D
    --Lovely bookstore, tho that garden room must be cold at winter.. but I am glad this is sims :D

@AlwaysAsking ,
    Yes indeed she is pregnant :D Yes also to risky woohoo :) Malcolm took it very nicely!
    Imagine, a patient and helpful Malcolm. The world turned inside out or something, lol
    Hey hey, remember how sweet he was to Tessa and Wilma!! And then he was not even controllable sim! :love:

And no idea what happened to Kiyoshi !! I mean they were away all day, he was there at the morning, and Joey was there afternoon :D And no, I have not deleted Kiyoshi :D And yes Joey has never ever before showed up as gardener :D

• AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @Ellupelluellu

Lmao! As soon as I posted my reply I noticed that you had another post here! 😅

I can't believe that your friends' Sims have teenage kids already! My goodness 😳 They are all so good looking too. What a fun save 😊

Ha! The part in the cellar, Malcolm freaked out! I would too 😝

I didn't realize Emmaline was here too! How did I miss that? Lol of course she is being a fan girl. How many stars does Malcolm have? And Melody?

Lol, Joey and Jasper are the good guys. Well, I can see that. They are both very nice. Joey didn't think the joke was funny. Actually a lot of jokes fell flat here 🤣

But wow! What a thing to come home too! Oh boy! Here comes the baby!
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    @AlwaysAsking ,
    Emmaline is married to Izzy, so Izzy is not gay in this save, they have 2 pink haired kiddos and live in a penthouse at SM :D
    I will take pics of their kids when next in game :p Will post those to you :smiley:

June - Day 29: "Hunters Eco Haven Interior"

Pn9Mxk2.png

Notes
    This is a very small, basic house, nothing special. So I didn't try to do any in room screenshots at Sims level, it's too hard to do that with such small rooms. However, I did take some from above a bit closer of each room. Also, it was very dark inside since there is no lighting yet, so I used a bit of photoshop magic to brighten them up quite a bit. This overhead view of the floor plan still looks dark, so you can imagine how dark it really is in there.

KVR8ODA.png
    To the right of the front door is the tiny kitchen. Everything is new in here (except the painting) since appliances, counters, sinks and trashcans can't be made on the Fabricator or Woodworking table. The aquarium was sold and all the fish inside except one Angelfish in the new fishbowl.

Essa will make them a dining table and chairs to help fill up the space and knit a rug for it too. She and Josh will also be knitting some potted plants for decoration all around the entire house.

Essa will be dumpster diving, but not right away. If anyone has seen the animation, you'll know why. Realistically it wouldn't be good having Essa leaning in there with her baby belly resting on the side. The game would probably let her, but it would make me cringe seeing it.

When she does dumpster dive, if she finds anything they already have of better quality, they will use those finds. She'll need to find a stove too. I could have Josh dumpster dive now, but he will be busy making things on the woodworking table. Mainly shelves for candles Essa will make, some planters, a toilet and a tub. These are the most urgent objects needed.

qosIkfr.png
    To the left is their 'living room.' However, at the moment the Candlemaking station, Essa's easel and small paint supply cabinet is there now until Essa can make some furniture/bookcase on the Fabricator. These objects will be moved outside to the back deck/front porch. They sold all her other art studio career objects to help pay for the house. Various photos help make this room look a little less empty, along with a Yarny stump and toy sitting next to it Josh made in DSV. They had four of each, but sold the others to help fund the house. Essa's kitty statue she's had since Glimmerbrook was kept and sits next to the Easel.

rQFShES.png
    From the 'living room' is access to the bathroom. Nothing much in here at the moment, just the new shower and toddler potty. As mentioned before, Josh will make a toilet and tub for in here. Essa will need to find another sink in the dumpster and she'll of course knit a rug for the floor. Josh will make a mirror, but any other décor will need to be bought when they have more funds. Except paintings which Essa can paint herself or be found dumpster diving.

qohV21F.png
    Tiny bedroom with mostly just their bed, Essa's first masterpiece painting, photos, graduation stuff and Mt. Komorebi plaques. Essa will knit a rug and make a dresser on the Fabricator. I don't think there is room for a desk so when she makes one, it'll most likely go in the hallway or perhaps the livingroom. I might have to make this room bigger though when they can afford it since I doubt a dresser would fit in there either.

lRi9CTN.png
    Last, but not least, is the nursery/toddler room. They could've gotten a free bassinet(s) when Essa gives birth, but since she and Josh are both Spellcasters, the baby(ies) will be guaranteed a Spellcaster (I think) so I wanted the special bassinet for that occult. Plus, I just use that bassinet for all babies. It's so pretty! Can't make a toddler bed on the fabricator, but she will be making a child's bed. They had three rockers, but only kept one and of course toddlers need blocks! The paintings are Essa's and she knitted the two bear toys sitting next to Blarfy. Again, she had about six of the bear toys, but sold the others. Essa will knit a rug for this room and perhaps more toys.

That's it for the interior. At some point they will build another story or perhaps have a basement for the Eco skill stuff, including a juice fizzing machine and their own recycler. She'll get a Fabricator with the Master Maker aspiration. For now, they'll use what's available at the Maker's Space once it's voted in. I'll also do more landscaping once they start getting more funds from Essa's career. It looks so bare outside now with just one lonely tree.

Though they are starting out not exactly Rags to Riches, there is still a lot of things they need and I'm sure all the stuff in 'storage' will make the bills higher than usual. They will struggle at first, but I'm excited to see their home grow and improve over time. I'll be limiting Essa painting anything to perhaps just once a week and she will have to sell them on Plopsy. Perhaps even only let her paint if they are in dire need of something. Otherwise, they'd gain funds very quickly and be right back to being rich again.

Tomorrow's update will be showcasing their new CAS/wardrobe, except for formal wear because...reasons. ;) And a few other things.

Comments/replies coming up next, hope y'all had a fabulous day! <3
    @permanentrose
    I've done a similar thing before buying packs. I'll watch LPs on YT to see if it's something I might like to get myself. :)

I was going to try to build a tiny residential, but it just wasn't realistic for them and the lot trait/perks for those are way too powerful in my opinion. I love those tiny home perks though for other Sims. :) But thanks, I think it turned out quite cute for it's size too. Today's update shows the inside. Not really all that exciting, it's pretty empty! :D But it'll fill up after awhile once I start playing with them. :) I'm excited to see what the baby(ies) looks like too! :)

Very nice book store and garden you found for Jules! Thanks for the links! I like the updates you did so far. Can't wait to see what you do with the inside. :)

@Skeilah

So Bryon and Duane are now back to regular Sims. Must be a big relief for them not having to deal with fans and paparazzi all the time. I hope they have a good time on their date and their vacation later. So happy Bryon and Duane are such good friends! I love Duane! He's one of my favorite premades. :)

@SoulGal7
    What a great Winterfest celebration! Love the outfit for Sakura Wolfgang gifted her. Obviously, he loved it too. hehe Such lovely, thoughtful gifts given to everyone, I loved this update! <3

@Ellupelluellu
    Oh, okay, yep, you're right. My Sims always just sample them, not take a plate. I'll have to remember to tell them to take a plate. Thanks for the tip! :) Ah, okay, I understand with the gourmet meals. I usually just go on a marathon cooking spree when wanting my Sims to skill up that and they throw away the meals, unless they have high metabolism. Gourmet meals are full of calories, like all the cakes, BLTs, etc. Love seeing the dishes though. Makes ME hungry just seeing them. :D

Thanks about their house. I like it, it's so cute in it's simplicity. I just love cabin homes anyway too. :)

hehe Aaron looks just like Bryon, Wow! Hey! Hi Brooks! :) Ohh! I see Josh at the Humor and Hijinks festival on the Comedy side! HAHA! OMG! No wonder Josh doesn't like Malcom, so funny he did the handbuzzer thing on him! Oh Boy, Josh looks pretty angry with him! hehe Those faces! LOL!

Oooo, I love Essa and Nik's place, very spooky looking! Lotta DOES look a lot like Essa, but she has Nik's nose. :) Oh and there's Mr. Handsome himself listening to Marcus tell him jokes. He's a cutie patootie too! :) Marcus has Nik's nose too and his eye color! hehe So funny how Nelly didn't like her brother's joke. Oh well...

Wow! Is that Jules behind him? She's gorgeous! Love her kids with Caleb too, very cute! hehe I don't blame Malcom for teleporting out of there, didn't want to be a snack for Julia. She sure didn't look to happy to be there eh? :D Hi Josh jogging by Malcom, I see you! ;) GAH! Time for the baby! Yay! \o/ You got home just at the right time Malcom! :)
    edited June 2021
    June 24 - Del Sol Valley - Winterfest - Part 2

holding-hands-skating.png
    Sakura helped Mila clean up the breakfast dishes and changed, and then Sakura and Wolfgang headed off on their skating date.

The skating rink was actually in the village and everything was decorated for Winterfest. It was so beautiful. When they arrived Wolfgang took out something from his pocket. It was the mistletoe.

happy-winterefct-my-daing.png

Wolfgang: "You know how I like to start a date," he said and kissed her.

mistletoe-kiss.png

Sakura: "Do you just keep that in your pocket for times like this?" she asked.

do-you-keep-that-in-your-pocket.png

Wolfgang smiled at her, "I certainly don't need to carry around mistletoe to kiss you, Sakura, because I so love kissing you..." he said and held her hand.

skring-rink.png

They rented some skates and sat on a bench to put them on.

ready-to-skate.png

The rink wasn't very crowded, which was good because Sakura was a bit wobbly on her skates.

nearly-had-a-wupe-out-sakura.png

Wolfgang: "I think I was a better skater when I was younger. I just need to warm up..." he says to Sakura.

i-think-i-was-a-better-skated-when-i-was-younger.png

skating-together.png

They held hands and skated together. Sakura got better as she skated some more, and even did a little twirl on the ice.

performing-skating-routine.png

wolf-showing-off-the-moves.png

wolf-does-a-flip-whoa.png

Wolfgang felt like he was getting better and attempts a flip. Was he trying to impress Sakura with his skating tricks?

ok-thats-it-for-the-skating-today.png

Ugh! Well, that didn't work. Wolfgang decides that he's had enough skating for today. He certainly doesn't want to end up in a body cast for his wedding.

They walked around a bit and come across a Photo with Father Winter Area, which of course, was closed.

are-you-father-winter-today.png

Sakura takes a photo of Wolfgang, "So, are you the real Father Winter, Wolfgang?" she asks, "You look pretty comfy in that chair."

Wolfgang: "Well, I could be...wanna be on my naughty list?" he says flirting with Sakura and then swooping in for a passionate kiss.

READY-FOR-THE-HONEYMOON-SAKURA.png

They walked around some more admiring the decorations, and Sakura saw Wolfgang scoop up some snow and form a snowball.

are-you-challenging-me-to-a-snowball-fight.png

Sakura: "Are you challenging me to a snowball fight, Wolfgang?"

Wolfgang: "Give me your best shot, Sakura! I'm a champ at this..."

Sakura threw a snowball and missed terribly.

Wolfgang: "My turn," shouted Wolfgang, and threw a snowball right at Sakura and hit her on the head. Oh Wolfgang! How could you?

oh-you-are-gonna-pay-for-that.png

oops-knocked-poor-sakura-off-her-feet.png

That must have been a forceful throw because poor Sakura lost her footing and fell down flat on the ground, letting out a cry.

still-the-kind-of-the-snowball-fight-oh-yeah.png

ow-i-am-def-going-to-have-to-take-a-soak-tonight.png

Wolfgang came running over and helped her up, "Oh Sakura, I'm so sorry. I guess you didn't know who you were dealing with." He saw her all covered with snow and couldn't help laughing, "Oh gosh, I'm sorry my love...let me buy you some hot cocoa to make up for it..."

oh-im-sorry-my-love-you-didnt-know-who-you-were-dealing-with.png

Sakura: "Okay, I'll forgive you, but only if I get extra marshmallows..."

Wolfgang: "You got it!" he said and gave her a kiss.

kiss-in-the-snow-with-light-rev.png

GETTING-SOME-HOT-COCOA.png

Wolfgang ordered them some hot cocoa, with extra marshmallows for Sakura.

TELLING-SAKURA-A-JOKE.png

As they sat down, Wolfgang spoke, "Sakura, I have a surprise for you..."

Sakura: "Oh?"

Wolfgang: "Well, it's about the honeymoon..."

I-THOUGHT-WE-SHOULD-HAVE-A-FEW-DAYS-ALONE.png

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang, you already told me...we're going to spend a night in Windenburg at an Inn. That will be so nice...I know we can't afford very much..."

Wolfgang: "Well, actually...that's changed. I didn't tell you, but I got a promotion and a bonus at work and I booked us a two-night honeymoon away..."

I-LOVE-YOUU-SAKURA-IN-ALL-SEASONS.png

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang! You didn't tell me you got a promotion! Congratulations! So, where are we going?"

Wolfgang: "Well, you'll find out tomorrow. We're leaving right after the reception. And the climate is similar to Windenburg, but that is all I am going to say. I wish it were longer, but we'll be spending New Year's Eve together, and the following day. I just wanted you to know so that you could pack properly."

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang...wherever we go will be wonderful, as long as we're together. You're so good to me."

TELLING-SAKURA-A-STORY.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura...you deserve so much more...I just...I just want every moment with you to be special..."

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang..." she started to say something and then tears welled up in her eyes, "

Wolfgang wiped a tear from her cheek, "Oh Sakura, don't cry...I love you so much...I would do anything to make you happy..." he said.

I-LOVE-YOU-SAKURA-AND-AM-LOOKING-FORWARD-TO-YOU-BEING-MY-WIFE.png

Sakura pointed to her eyes, "That's what these are...happy tears..."

Wolfgang: "As long as those are happy tears...because I never want you to be sad again...I love you, Sakura" he said as he blew her a kiss.

Sakura: "I love you, too, Wolfgang..."

Wolfgang: "We should be getting home. We have a festive feast to eat!"

lets-go-home-sakuara-winterfest.png

alright-wolf-gold-medal.png

And boom! Wolfgang gets a gold date with Sakura! Oh yes! He is so ready for the wedding tomorrow.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Sakura and Wolfgang returned, Sakura got back into her holiday outfit and went to help Mila in the kitchen. Everything smelled so good, and soon it was time to eat, and Mila gave her the honor of ringing the dinner bell.

COME-AND-GET-IT-EVERYONE.png

Sakura: "Come and get it!" Sakura definitely liked this tradition.

I-GOT-YOU-SOMETHING-SAKURA.png

The festive feast was delicious, and Mila declared it the best Winterfest ever!

THIS-IS-JUST-THE-BEST-HOLIDAY.png

They chatted about the day and Sakura felt so happy sharing this time with the Munch family. Sakura looked at Wolfgang and thought how lucky she was that he never gave up on her. His love for her was strong, and Sakura could never imagine herself with anyone else. She was truly happy.

After cleaning up the dishes and putting away the food, Wolfgang said he had to do something in the Games Room, and asked that Sakura not come in there. Oh...a mystery...

working-on-a-wedding-song-for-sakura.png

Wolfgang went into the Games Room and did a final practice of a song he had written for Sakura for the wedding. This was really important to him and he wanted to make sure the song was perfect.

sakura-is-knitting-a-onesie-on-winterfest.png

Sakura headed into the living room and got an idea and started knitting some...onesies... Oh, Sakura...do you know something that we don't?
    knitting-level-10-rev.png

Of course, she was just telling us that she has maxed the Knitting Skill...right?

Gunther was helping Lucas with a science project, and it turned out to be a model of the solar system.

solar-system-project-lucas.png

Lucas then went to experiment on his science table that he got from Father Winter.

lucas-excited-about-his-science-set.png

Mila was busy in the kitchen again making some additional wedding cakes for tomorrow. Yes...cakes.

mila-busy-in-the-kitchen.png

Mila had already baked the main wedding cake, which was a white layered cake with buttercream icing. It was beautiful. Clara had also made a triple layer black and white wedding cake. But with the amount of guests coming for the wedding and then the reception, they both felt there wasn't enough cake. So, Mila and Clara were each making an additional Winterfest cake, and Mila had asked Sakura if she could make a macha cake for her friends coming from Mt. Komorebi. And if that wasn't enough, they were making batches of heart-shaped cookies. So, while Sakura and Mila made the cakes, Wolfgang was helping bake the cookies.

baking-in-the-kitchen-sakura-and-wolf-xmas-dau.png

Joaquin had been disappointed that they had not made a Croquembouche**, which was a traditional French wedding cake. He and Sergio wanted to ensure that there were traditions from the French, Italian and Japanese cultures at the wedding. But Joaquin was prepared and said that French champagne would be served, and champagne went with any type of wedding cake they made.

While Wolfgang was helping with the cookies, he got a call from Sergio. To his surprise, Sergio said that Wolfgang would be spending the night with them, because it was an Italian tradition that the groom not see the bride until the following morning on her wedding day. So, they would all arrive at the Munch household before the wedding for the wedding photos.

Wolfgang went into the living room and spoke to Sakura and told her that Sergio told him he would be spending the night at their house.

maybe-youd-like-to-go-skating-with-me.png

Wolfgang: "I didn't know this was going to happen. I just...oh Sakura...I just wanted to hold you in my arms and be with you tonight."

Sakura: "Wolfgang, it will be fine. It's only for one night. And what is that expression...absence makes the heart grow fonder...we'll be together tomorrow night..."

Wolfgang: "You're right, Sakura...and it's good to have some traditions...although I am not sure how I am going to sleep tonight..."

Wolfgang smiled at her and went off to pack a bag.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

bye-mom.png

As they stood outside waiting for Gunther to drive the car around, Wolfgang held Sakura's hands in his.

Wolfgang smiled at her "Oh Sakura...I love you...dream of me tonight..."

Sakura smiled at Wolfgang, "And you dream of me...I love you, Wolfgang..."

And with that Wolfgang picked up his suitcase and headed off with Gunther to the Ferry Terminal.

its-only-for-1-night-but-mom-wont-let-me-stay-here-the-night-before-the-wedding.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Since they had a festive breakfast and completed all of the Winterfest goals, I ended the holiday early so Wolfgang could get this date done before the wedding (for the SoulMate Aspiration).

ON-A-DATE-AND-THIS-BLONDE-COMES-OVER-AND-SITS-WITH-WOLFGANG.png

Have you ever had this happen? You're on a date and some random townie comes and sits down and starts talking when you're trying to have an intimate moment? How do you get rid of them? Well, quite simply...convince them to clean something...and that is exactly what Wolfgang suggested this townie do...and it worked because she left. No more date crashers on this date!

**Photo of a Croquembouche, or French wedding cake, which is a cone-shaped stack of cream puffs coated with caramelized sugar.
    french-weddng-cake.png

Thanks to this simmer for this fabulous build, available for download in the gallery. Used as is. There is a bar area in the back, and a children's arts and crafts section set up.

christmas-market-park-photo-credit.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @Ellupelluellu - The wedding cake symbol for Monday's date on the calendar just indicates their honeymoon. There wasn't another icon to use, so I just used the wedding cake as well. So, no-one else is getting married on Monday -- thank goodness! Whoever gets married next, they're eloping! lol
    Hi All! Have been reading your stories. Just taking awhile to get my posts up. And hopefully there will be one up later today. Have a great day/night everyone!

@Ellupelluellu -
    I loved the tour of all the challenge houses. And then Malcolm gets back and Melody is standing there at the stairs telling him it's time to go to the hospital! Oh my gosh! He got back just in time!

@Karababy52 -
    Love the house you built and love the ideas you have for making all the furniture, etc. It's too bad there isn't a skylight on the roof, that would have helped with light. You could always buy some candles until you make some. I am sure you have already checked out the off-the-grid items available in buy mode. Are you going to have goats on that roof? I remembered reading about this years' ago, there is an actual restaurant called Goats on the Roof in Georgia, but I have never been there. Just thought it was cute, since your new house has a grass roof.

goats-on-the-roof-restaurant.png

@permanentrose -
    Great shot of the build for Magnolia Promenade and your plans for next month. Looking forward to it. :)

@Skeilah
    Laughed at the names of the songs - Off to Sulani and Celebrity Cleanse. lol And Duane and Bryon are now no longer celebrities. Back to a life of...unknowns...but we all know Bryon will come up with a scheme for some adventures. It used to be Naoki with all the adventures, and now Bryon is the one planning. Like how that changed in their relationship. Wasn't sure if you were doing Sulani next, or if this is just a mini vacation and then on to Evergreen Harbor.

@sassytxbrat
    Glad that Mia went home to celebrate the birthdays and clean the house. I am sure you already know this, but if you register on a Friday for uni, you get the whole weekend to do your course work. It really helps a lot. Anyway, great update seeing her...large family. Wow! Didn't realize she had so many sisters and brothers! And Chat, the cat is cute. :)

@IllusoryThrall
    - Have been reading your story, just haven't commented on the horrible dilemma that Marnie is facing. Just don't understand why Benny is divorcing her. And she's already signed the papers, and asked Benji's lawyer for help -- okay maybe not a good choice, but who else can she turn to, right? I do understand that Colin telling all about Jaz and their electricity getting cut off, etc. will lead to a social worker intervention and quite possibly have the kids end up in foster care. Because there are kids involved, they will come and get those kids out of the house. I feel kind of sorry for Marnie because she is preggers, alone now with all the kids, no funds, and no-one to turn to. It's too bad her relationship with Bella went downhill after what Benji did, or she could have had help from Bella. This is just going to get worst for them.

@miss_eulenauge
    - Congrats on passing one of your exams. And I just read the up-date, and, oh my gosh, they have to move because the city said their house was unsafe! Geez! Lots of birthdays, and then a very cute shot of Amelia. Hurry up lil darling and age up so that I can put you in my game! :)
    Update 179 - More Renovations

1QCqkIH.jpg
    Daily pic is the garden, since I wanted to move it the lot just to see if it still produces harvestables each morning - and it works! They are still living in Oasis Springs officially, but I've been bringing them over to their retail lot to play test things and get their personal items moved over.

I've decided that along with books, they will also be selling knitted items and paintings at their retail store, maybe a handful of other small items or collectables as well.

So Ruby has been knitting.
    9ejL8Y5.jpg

And Emmett has been painting.
    oXSRFZb.jpg

And Jules has been writing books.
    RuK0VNI.jpg

I have also been renovating their apartment/store quite a bit too, but there's still a lot to do, so that's what I'll keep working on so hopefully it is done by tomorrow :)

I'm still working on getting a full stock of items, but so far I have a room for selling books.
    UpiqQXv.jpg
    TOV458d.png

And another room for selling art.
    bklUQSH.jpg
    knFbkof.png

And then behind the cash register, I have an office area that also has a handful of skilling items and all their collectables/awards. This room ended up replacing the spot where the pool was. It's a pretty big lot though, so if I want to add another pool eventually I totally can :)
    tos1rUC.jpg
    7YVcDjm.jpg
    HTOeLkL.png

The apartment still needs a lot of work, but so far I have Ruby's room done.
    gYrFWos.jpg
    Pjtm5Xe.png
    fhKdM8d.jpg

I started hanging up some photos in the main part of the apartment, but it all still needs furnished.
    oHoUhWx.png
    ERU8EeW.png

Also wanted to mention if any of you want me to put your sims significant others (or your version of them if they are a pre-made) in my game and I can pair them off in a household with your challenge sim, just let me know and you can share them and I'd be happy to do that! I'm hoping to see a lot of your sims at my retail store this month, and @Ellupelluellu's game is so full of so many familiar sims and it's always fun seeing them so I thought I'd offer to do the same in mine :)
    @permanentrose -
    The retail store and apartment are coming along very nicely. I love that they are selling all hand crafted items. Everything looks really nice. When you open the retail store, don't forget to lock the doors of places you don't want customers to go...and make the bathroom as small as you can. When I played a retail lot, the customers tended to congregate in the restrooms - don't they always? lol

As far as Sakura's significant other, well, it's Wolfgang, and he's a sim who comes with Windenburg. lol They don't have any kids yet...but...um...that might change next month. hehehe
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    edited June 2021
    Mia Patina
    June 30
    Week 9 Thursday

2021-06-18-21_27_03-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

@SoulGal7
    Thanks, I love Chat. There are so many siblings that when she loaded into the house I thought there were extra toddlers standing there, but there weren't, lol. And yeah I have made the mistake of registering for classes earlier in the week before and that completely messes up their schedule. She has also adjusted all holidays to not allow days off for the month of July - so she can get the classes done without a screwy schedule.
    Post edited by sassytxbrat on
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    edited June 2021
    @SoulGal7 I previously edited Wolfgang in my game (since he was part of my main save) and I think he's still a teen, so I can just delete that version if you would want to upload your version to the gallery?

And to everyone else as well - in the future, I'm totally up for adding kids too! I've done it with @Skeilah's kids - can be a little tricky with keeping up with aging and such, but I'm happy to add them if anyone wants to share eventually :) There's a toddler version of Ruby in my gallery (flagged with CC) but I can always upload the child version of her if anyone did want her or I can just wait until she's a teen and people could take her then. (There's also a copy of Emmett and Pickle too - also flagged with CC, but that's only because of my default replacement eyes. They are totally CC free otherwise.) Totally not expecting anyone to use my challenge kids or spouse though! Just an option though if anyone did want them! I'm just happy to share!

--

@Skeilah
    Haha, your daily pic is cute. I love the kids' opposite reactions. It will be fun to see you do Sulani next month - I totally get why you want to do it in the real life summer too. Looking forward to all those beautiful beach shots! Will be fun to see Bryon and Naoki with tans/sunburns too HAHA

@SoulGal7
    I really like the time you've put into making the holidays so special in your game. I've tended to cancel mine or just do the same old thing for them over and over again recently. It's really nice to make them part of the story and to make your own special traditions for them though. Your updates have really been lovely and so thought out :) Sakura looks simply adorable in that outfit too. I do love that hairstyle with her hair down on her. She always looks so elegant. Funny closet woohoo buff too LOL. Lucas is super cute in his elf outfit too, and once again, you really did a good job having everyone give such thoughtful gifts!

The ice skating shots and that winter village were so lovely as well. Everything about their Winterfest has been so cozy and festive. Excited to see where their honeymoon is too :)

Good luck with your wedding! I know it will be so lovely <3

@Ellupelluellu
    Fun to follow Malcolm around for your update and see a lot of familiar faces too! Loved the screenies with Malcolm and Josh haha! I'm looking forward to this month since I hope I can get a lot of familiar faces to show up at the retail store. I'm gonna try to get that mod set up and delete a lot of townies and useless sim I've edited/made so that more of yours can show up :)

Lotta really does look like a mini Essa! And the rest of their kids look great too! Love that the men apparently tell bad jokes, too funny with those reactions haha. Jules' hairstyle looks so good, love the curls! And her kids are so cute! Julia is very stunning, and also seems very moody haha. I love her. Caleb and Jules make some good looking kids for sure :)

AND IT'S GO TIME!!! SO excited to see their baby/toddler!!!

@Karababy52
    The inside of the house is looking great! I really LOVE the nursery. That spellcaster bassinet really is so lovely! It may be a small house with only the essentials for now, but you really did place everything with such thought and care, and I'm looking forward to seeing them build it up together and what this month brings for this little family :)

Guessing their formal wear is their wedding outfits, so I totally get why you would want to hold off on showing those too :)

@sassytxbrat Just wanted to say that Chat the cat is super cute! Pets are so adorable and fun in this game <3
    edited June 2021
    Decided to take a minute today and get your sims settled. I decided I'm just gonna move them into permanent homes finally, and I will give them makeovers when necessary/if I have time :)

I decided to leave Bryon and Naoki and their family in Oasis Springs since I love the house I downloaded for them. I will age their kids up eventually, probably when I age Ruby up.
    wUbEdqB.jpg

I would have put Essa in Glimmerbrook if I had that world, but I decided she could live in Mt. Komorebi instead. I didn't pose her since I caught her reacting to the first snow and thought it was cute. @Karababy52 if you want to give me Josh, I'll totally move him in there with her, especially since Mt. Komorebi was the place where they met so I thought that would be special :)
    Nj29im6.jpg

Since Windenburg is so meaningful to Wolfgang and Sakura, I decided they could live next door to Mila and the rest of the family. @SoulGal7 I just ended up downloading Wolfgang from the gallery, aging him up, and buffing him up a bit, so if that works for you, you don't have to upload him!
    3vmEt2Z.jpg

I don't have a great reason for moving Melody and Malcolm to Strangerville, just seemed like a place they both enjoyed, and I also love the house that Jules had there so I decided someone should live there so why not them? :)
    8WYGLrN.jpg

I also left Jaz and Mia in a house together in Oasis Springs for now.
    c72DLoP.png

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited June 2021
    Idk anymore who asked it, but I'll be doing Sulani the first 11 days of July, Granite Falls the next 10 days and Selvadorada the next 10 days. I plan to do a lot of aspirations lol, let's hope this works out haha. I'll be doing Evergreen Harbor in August, San Myshuno in September, Forgotten Hollow in October, Brindleton Bay in November and probably the new farm world in December. I will extend the adult month with one month, but will do elders for two months probably, since I think both Brindleton Bay and the new farm world are nice elder months. I'll be a little off from the rest from now, but I personally like it better this way :)
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited June 2021
    June 25 - Von Haunt Estate - Windenburg - Wedding Reno

van-haunt-estate-xmas.png
    In preparation for Sakura and Wolfgang's wedding, I had looked at various renovations of The Von Haunt Estate on the gallery, hoping there might be one decorated for Winterfest, but there wasn't. I decided to use lilsimsie's reno version as a starting point, as she added a third floor dance area, and I thought this would be perfect. She didn't renovate any of the other floors. She had also added the romantic lot trait, which I removed, because I didn't want any sim flirting with someone they weren't supposed to. So, no lot traits.

Although there is a wonderful wedding area outside on the grounds of the estate, it was winter, so I needed an indoor area. I re-decorated the entire house, which took awhile, but I think that the results are worth it.

This was the first time I had used the Seasons calendar to plan an event, so wasn't sure what to expect. This is also the first time I had planned such a lavish wedding. I hope you like it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Main Level:

BEFORE:

Entry Hallway

vh-entryway.png

Kitchen

vh-kitchen.png

Dining Room

vh-main-floor-dining.png

There is also a downstairs bathroom and room with a desk. These were also decorated, but they are just too small to show.

AFTER:

Entry Hallway

vh-entryway-reno.png

FOOD-IN-THE-CORNER.png

I also added a buffet table at the back entrance hallway

Kitchen

vh-kitchen-reno.png

Mostly remained the same, just added a coffeemaker, the silver tea service, the wine cooler and two fridges.

Dining Room

vh-dining-reno-fireplace-side.png

vh-dining-room-reno.png

I changed the fireplace to the Winterfest fireplace, and put two of the Winterfest tables together. Also added a table on the wall to hold the champagne bucket, flanked by the butlers.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Second Floor

BEFORE:

Upper Hallway

vh-level-2-hallway.png

Living Room (converted to wedding ceremony room)

vh-upper-living-room.png

Bedroom and Adjoining Bathroom

vh-upper-bedroom-and-bath.png

AFTER:

Upper Hallway

upper-hallway-with-photos-of-parents-and-sofu.png

Moved the piano from the living room to the corner, and added a statue of a knight and the old fashioned clock. Gifts are laid about, and on the table, are some simoleon wedding gift envelopes.

vh-upper-hallway-reno.png

honor-wall-of-those-who-could-not-be-there.png

In CAS, I created photos of Wolfgang's parents, which were seen in a previous chapter (Kurt & Mila's wedding photo). I also created Sakura's parents (Haru & Yua Li). Haru means springtime and Yua means to tie and love. The middle photo is Sakura's Sofu (Grandfather), Masaaki Li. Masaaki means wise, which is appropriate since Sakura is always quoting a Japanese proverb that he shared with her.

Living Room (where the ceremony will be held) I had to change the couches to white, because there was just too much red.

the-ceremony-room.png

back-of-ceremony-area.png

There is a mirror behind the wedding arch, and of course a knight to stand guard. A photo of Wolfgang and Sakura as teens was hung on the back wall. A small table was added later near the wedding arch to hold something for the ceremony.

Bedroom and Adjoining Bathroom

bedroom.png

bathroom.png

Mainly decorated in here, although I did add a quill pen and open book to the desk and changed the mirror and moved it. Also changed out a table into a dresser and changed the bed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Third Floor:

In the original build, there is nothing upstairs. This is the reno build from lilsimsie's build where she added the third floor.

BEFORE:

lilsimsie-upper-level-dance-floor.png

AFTER:

dance-area.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Front and Back photos. I decorated the entire house on the outside, too.

beautiful-von-haunt-estate.png

back-at-night.png

Notes:

Many thanks to lilsimsie for doing a reno of the Von Haunt Estate and adding a third floor. Outside on the third floor, there are tables and a wedding arch.

von-haunt-estate-reno-photo-credit.png

@Karababy52 ,
    Haha, no throw away food in my game, simply as I do use the mod what makes fresh product mandatory :p , and at least in the beginning, Melody did not even had many options to cook :)
    -- Oh great planning what to do there, almost making me to play Kat and dumpster diving save.. just almost, as I stil am bitter about the counter.. some day :D
    Oh the bassinet/s would of been that same one/s, as yes the baby/ies will be a spellcaster/s :)

@SoulGal7 ,
    haha, sorry , I got the second cake symbol now :) I was just like "weddings again?? At monday, you are busy!" :joy:
    -- Lovely update , they got some hang about skating. And lovely dinner together <3
    --Great wedding set!! <3

@permanentrose ,
    Yes, Julia was VERY moody, she was giving those faces all the time :D Great pic of Melody and Malcolm :D SV is fine for them :smiley:
    --I love that bookstore! And the apartment :) They will have nice winter there <3 I'm glad the gardening worked too :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top