Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Ellupelluellu Melody's facial expressions are great! And we have a skier! Everyone else has been doing snowboarding, so I like seeing some skiing photos!

And thank you for the birthday wishes! Too bad I can't really get a dragon fruit from you haha. Perhaps I can go into build mode and cheat to get one since I was gifted one, eh? ;)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,860 Member

Perhaps I can go into build mode and cheat to get one since I was gifted one, eh? ;)
    That is what I would of done :joy:

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Karababy52 - The Denkimushi is some type of crawling insect. You can see it in the photo on the left bottom as Kyoshi shook it off after the bug "shook" him! lol

@Sheilah - Oh no! Bryon and Naoki have a bit of a tiff and Naoki walks off. I hope Naoki comes back. I guess Bryon surprises himself with how he really feels about Naoki.

@permanentrose - I love that we get a chance to meet Mario's little sisters. And no, he doesn't look happy that this happened, but Jules seemed to enjoy spending time with them. I love the photo of them together. Nice idea to get the postcard collection. You are doing so well with the reward traits.

I did read the backstory on the Ito family and just kind of made-up the fact that his parents were grooming him to be the next Olympic star, like they had been. They seem pretty driven, so want their children to be, too. The fact that Kyoshi starts with a level 6 in snowboarding sort of attests to what Olympic Sport he will be competing in.

I play a vanilla game myself. No cc, no mods. I make a sim, she/he goes into a world, and what happens there, happens. I don't add any of my other sims into a world. I have played a few days ahead on my game and will go in this weekend to add everyone's sims who have provided one. That will be rather cool :)

@Hermitgirl - Roxi is secretly now "Vinny", and getting 5K! Alright! But Vlad coming over and breaking things, not a good thing. I am reading the headlines now - Roxanne takes on Master Vampire and wins! Geez! I would say more than just a bit of fitness skill. Even though I have seasons, I have never had Patchy as part of my household. It's cute that you have an Adoring Sentiment for him. And Nanami stealing from you - not good.

@Ellupelluelu - And Melody bought a better pair of skis - congrats! Nice shot of Melody on those skis heading down the hill. Beautiful sun shot. Her expression looks rather fierce and determined. Go, Melody!

@franka00421 - Thank you and I am glad that you are enjoying all of the stories. We all just started this challenge, and if you'd like to play along with us, we would welcome you. The more the merrier! I am sure that @Karababy52 would agree!
    edited January 2021
    @SoulGal7 Jules is doing well with aspiration points since the first 13 updates cover like 30 sim days lol. I got so invested that I just played and played :D But now that I’m playing one sim day at a time, she’ll start gaining them a bit more slowly

I play rotationally so that’s one reason I have so many of my own sims in my main save. I found I had more interest playing new households and sims if they were related to one of my other households/sims, so often if I have an idea for a new sim, I’ll see if I can connect them to a current storyline (instead of tossing them into a brand new save or just making all my households random) Like I created Bex first, then wanted to create a lesbian couple, so I made Dell and Jules her cousins to connect my new lesbian couple (Dell and Sofia) to her to make them both have more ties to my world. I have some stories that are pretty complexly connected at this point lol. I even started giving siblings and such to the pre-mades I leave in the world so they can fit in to the story. Like Penny Pizzazz has a sister named Polly haha. It makes me very attached to my main save to play this way. It’s all one ongoing no aging on story :D

EDIT: Also having the MCCC mod does really help me progress storylines faster to get them to the place I want them to “start” in my game. And CAS full edit mode helps me add relationships like siblings or parents
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2021
    January - Day 16: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

uLxzn4u.png

Notes:
    KaSotmU.png
    On the last Friday of Winter, Tessa went to school and I sent Josh to the Honeypot to work on his Singing skills. While he was singing, Global Superstar Adam Lambert blessed the patrons of the bar with his presence. Adam was very impressed with Josh. He ignored the paparazzi to listen to him sing waving his cell phone in the air while dancing to the music. I took a chance to see if Josh could sing with Adam and he could! \o/ They sang two duets together and Adam even agreed to a hug afterward. Tessa was home from school by now, so I sent Josh back to the lot.

HOQFOqk.png
    It was a Dinner Out holiday so Tessa and Josh went to the Lounge for the first time. I don't have any restaurants in this save, yet. They both ordered the Fish & Fries and had a nice chat while eating their meals. Well, they tried to chat but the other Sims in the lounge just would not leave them alone! Grrr! I almost just sent them home, but then remembered the piano. Tessa and Josh jazzed up the place and the tips were flying for Josh, they loved him! <3

Eng4h89.png
    It was still early and Tessa still needed that last goal for her aspiration, so they traveled to Yukimatsu after that. The forecast had said bad weather on the mountain that night, but gee, guess what? It wasn't, again. *sigh* Josh had been hitting the books hard to increase his Skiing skills and was at Level 8. So I thought, why not see what he can do on the Expert hill with a high intensity run? Tessa had fun snowboarding on the Intermediate hill with medium intensity too. Look at him! He was flying, making the jumps and swooshing around the obstacles with ease!

i1DWnqP.png
    I caught him in the middle of a series of three spins looking backward at the jump in this screenshot. Wow! When the run was over, Josh got a moodlet for having the Perfect Run and it was his first time actually skiing! Incredible. This was truly Josh's night to shine! Very proud of him! Tessa had a fabulous run too and finished at exactly the same time. They headed toward the medium climbing walls after that just to increase their skills, neither one was Level 10 yet, but close. Unfortunately, Tessa fell and hurt her ankle. :( No worries, she'll just need a soak in the Onsen and be good as new in no time. I sent them there next.

5b4GSwc.png
    This screenshot cracks me up! Tessa's having a deep conversation with Josh, but they're not even looking at each other and Josh's face... :D This happens all the time in the Hot Spriings, they'll chat just fine, but look forward or to the side instead of face to face. I think it's a bug that needs to be fixed.

l2NhTz5.png
    Thankfully, they can talk normally while standing next to it though. Tessa loves telling Josh jokes. They have such a good time together. :) I sent them home after that. Tomorrow would be New Year's Eve. The next bad day on the mountain, supposedly, won't be until next Wednesday. They'll just take it easy and have some fun together before ringing in the New Year.

u71k6fs.png
    After taking care of the garden, doing some skill book reading, doing some other chores and dinner, Tessa and Josh settled down to have some fun! First on the agenda was a chess 'tournament.' Tessa has very little Logic skills, but she held her own against the master and even beat him once! :)

J0nvA9n.png
    Let's get this party started! They had a great time getting down to the fine Retro beats on the new wall speaker I bought for them.

Nz1kQwU.png
    They also had a few drinks and toasted each other. "Here's to another great year together filled with adventures in good and, hopefully, bad weather!" Tessa loved the toast, laughed and clapped in agreement. :D

EKiO9fX.png
    I was a bit disappointed with the countdown, at first. For some reason, Josh just stood frozen in place while Tessa was shouting, "Shashoobie!" She cheered in excitement when the clock ran out to announce the New Year with fireworks bursting from the television. Unfortunately, Josh was still frozen. :(

SxtsJwk.png
    He suddenly perked right up though when Tessa autonomously gave him a big hug in celebration to the New Year's arrival. <3

2Uhjtrg.png
    Their night together ended with the first selfie of the year together. I think they make such a cute couple. That photo will go on the wall when I go back in game later tonight. <3 Tessa went to bed after that and Josh picked up his guitar to play and sing. That's where I ended my play session for the night. :)

I apologize for the lateness of this entry. I needed to catch up on replies in other threads and get some very, very much needed sleep. Hubby actually let me oversleep. What a sweetheart! I love that man! <3 I'll catch up on replies and comment on all your lovely entries for the day asap. Give me a bit though, there's a lot of them! Yay! \o/ I know I keep saying it, but it makes me so happy y'all have joined me in this challenge! Thanks so much for your participation and your patience! *Hugs*
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,860 Member
    @Karababy52 , January - Day 16 , Lovely.. tho now I only see the result of yellow sweater.. (no wonder Josh was exited) .. okay I need to ask Tessa where she did bought it, I may buy it too :D Dang that Josh of yours is hot!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Karababy52 - Day 16 - Wonderful day spent together!
    Her house is certainly looking great. And the search for the bad weather continues! lol New Year's Eve together was wonderful with a new photo of them together to start it. Great photos and excellent photo of Josh skiing.
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah Opps! So sorry about that. I think the U.S. is one of the last countries in the world to still use inches. I should've realized that and gave both measurements. o.O Wow, he is quite a bit taller than you eh? Perhaps one day we'll get a height slider in the game, but I wouldn't hold your breath. :|

Oh man, your daily post choked me up! Especially how you described Naoki crying after Bryon yelled at him and then later when Bryon was laughing and crying at the same time. I feel so bad for both of them. :( And it was Love day too? Gah! :'( Congratulations to Bryon on finishing his first aspiration at least, a tiny bright spot on a dark day. I feel bad for saying it, but I did get a chuckle out of the screenshot with Naoki trying to be sneaky putting his arm around Bryon and the look on Bryon's face. :D Priceless! Hopefully these two are able to make amends and put this day behind them. Sad, but a great entry for the day despite that. Loving the drama! I think I need more in mine. Hmm...

@SoulGal7 I'm sorry, but Sakura looks so cute with that pretty little pout on her face, Kyoshi too. He looks very sad for her. Did they share a sad sentiment between them, that happens sometimes? I'm curious why Sakura has to get to the top of the mountain in two weeks. I mean, I know why, but what's her reason? I'm just curious, you don't have to say if you want it to be a surprise. I can now understand more why Kyoshi so readily accepted Sakura's invitation to move in with her, in addition to having a crush on her, of course. He needed to get away from the stress of always trying to be perfect for his Mom. It's sad it had to come to that for him, but I'm glad he has Sakura for a champion and a source of comfort and happiness. Another sad, but great entry for the day.

Oh, okay, thanks for letting me know what kind of bug that was and where it was in the screenshot, I missed it before, but I see it now. :) Thanks too for the comments on my latest entry. Little by little Tessa's house is coming together. She has over 10K in household funds again, so I'll be doing another remodel very soon. It's almost Spring! I was happy with how those photos of Josh skiing turned out too, and especially the selfie. <3

@permanentrose First of all, Happy Birthday! I hope you had a fabulous day filled with lots of fun with family and friends! <3 Great photo your photographer took of Jules and Mario! :) Aww, Mario's sisters are adorable! The screenshot of Mario hugging his little sister Camila is so heartwarming! Cool that Jules bonded with Elena and made a new friend. Chloe Tanaka is gorgeous! Wow kudos to Jules for all those reward traits! I keep forgetting to use Tessa's. Thus far she's only bought a moodlet solver potion. Great entry for the day! :)

@franka44021 Thank you so much for your lovely comment! So sweet of you to let us know you're reading our entries. :) We'd welcome you with open arms too if you'd like to try the challenge for yourself. ;) Have a great day!

@Hermitgirl You're welcome! :) You think moving across the house is bad, try moving across town with decades worth of accumulation! o.O I know what you mean though, I have a hard time throwing anything out, you never know when it might be needed, right? ;)

Oh my gosh! I've gotten that 'Vinny' call before, not with Tessa though. It's so random! :D So funny how she beat Vlad when he came around for the money! Fitness skills for the win! \o/ I love Patchy! He's so darn cute! Too bad Roxanne can't romance him, that would be so funny! There's a thread all about that you may have seen called, "Is it cheating for a married Sim to woo hoo with Patchy?" The comments in there are hilarious! Your screenshot with Patchy watching Roxanne paint is gorgeous! Bummer Nanami stole the Gnome, shame on you little girl! I'll have to remember she has the klepto trait if Tessa ever sees her. Thanks for the tip! :) Great update!

@Ellupelluellu Ah, forgot you'd mentioned about the 2 plant limit. Wait, so, she'll actually be eating the Dragonfruit? o.O Wow, that's an expensive meal for sure! Interesting Mod, I don't know if I could bring myself to have my Sims actually eat those, they're just BIG money makers in my eyes. Very commendable on your part for doing that. :) Love the screenshot with Melody's sweet smile as she gives Rose a birthday gift! <3

Holy Simoly! Your Luna Villareal is stunning! Absolutely GORGEOUS shot of Melody skiing at sunset/sunrise? Can't tell which one. :D I got a laugh out of Melody asking you how skis were supposed to come out of that 'tiny' hole. :D Great update!

LOL! Thanks so much! You made me laugh with the sweater comment and I 100% agree about Josh! The fact he's incredibly hot is just one of the many reasons I love this Sim. I'm glad someone else agrees! ;) Seems weird saying that about a Sim I made myself, and the fact he's just a bunch of pixels in a game, but oh well. He makes me happy so that's all that matters in the end. :)

Alrighty, think I'm all caught up now! Headed for your thread now @Skeilah since I see you've updated. Crossing my fingers Jayne won, we'll see! I'll take some laps around the forum, watch some LPs, then go back in game a little later. Have a great night/day y'all and, as always...

Happy Simming! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @Karababy52 Thank you for the birthday wishes! I got to spend time with family, but my friends and I are still being extra careful with covid. Hopefully I can hang out with them again soon though.

Anyway, great update, as always. I love how Adam Lambert keeps appearing in your game lol. And Josh bears a striking resemblance to him, haha. Those are some truly excellent skiing pictures, especially that one with him up in the air. Man, this challenge is making me consider getting Snowy Escape lol. I though I had my fill of snow with Seasons, but I'm second guessing myself though. I might go with Discover University though since I think it will be so much fun to use during this challenge (I got two amazon giftcards, my extended fam was especially generous. Maybe I'll get both? lol)

Such fun moments between Tessa and Josh today. I'm glad you have Josh to control while Tessa goes to school, makes the day more interesting for sure. I don't think I'm gonna last long enrolling Jules in school. And what a cute New Years hug - I'm looking forward to a future time when it get's to be the classic New Year's kiss ;)
    @permanentrose Ah, yes, understandable. Glad you could spend time with your family at least! :)

Oh, believe me so do I! And yes, he does look similar to Adam eh? I never really noticed that myself until I saw them side-by-side. o.O Maybe I subconsciously did that because I think Adam is so handsome? I have no idea, but I'm not mad about it, more male beauty to drool over, even if they are only pixels. :D Thank you, I almost used that screenshot for the Daily pic instead of the one I chose.

I wasn't going to get this pack for a similar reason, but I wasn't sick of Seasons, just real Winter here in our state. I wondered, do I really want to live with Winter and then play with snow in my game more too? It's different though. It's only always snowy on the mountain, not in the neighborhoods below. I figured that was a good compromise. :)

Hey, there ya go, get both! ;) DU and playing in Britechester is something I'm looking forward to and dreading at the same time. I can't stand the dorm life for my Sims, or the student houses. I might just have Tessa attend from home. We'll see...

Thanks again, they do have a great time together. I'm glad I decided to have Josh move in for all the reasons you mentioned, despite the challenges/frustrations over their age difference. ;) Oh believe me, I'm very much looking forward to when that lovely New Year's Eve happens! <3

I actually have my Day 17 post early today! It shall be posted momentarily! Have a great Sunday everyone! <3
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited February 2021
    January 17
    01-16-21-4-59-10-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    It was already late after midnight, but there I was, sitting on a bench outside to calm down for the longest time. I only had the strength to walk back home around 3am, but then I saw Naoki in the distance. His eyes were as puffy as mine. We both had cried. Naoki spotted me too, and before I knew it, he was right in front of me, holding onto my face. “Bryon, are you okay?!”. Why are you asking me? I should ask you… I hurt you. Another tear ran down my cheek. I thought I ran out of tears after crying so much, but nope, I still got some. “You dummy.”, he said. “Why are you crying?”. He touched my cheek, removing the tear. I didn’t know what to answer, so Naoki continued. “You’re not fair, Bryon.”. He said. “First you give me the impression you actually like me, then you get all angry, making me think I was wrong all along, and now you do this. I really like you, like I could kiss you right now. Do.. Do you like me that way?”. I think I got all red in my cheeks when he said that out loud, so casually. I’ve been in a fight with myself for the past few hours. Do I like him that way? “Bryon?”. Naoki looks at me questioningly, snapping me back to reality. Ah man, he looks so cute when he does that face. Without thinking, I pressed my lips on his. When our lips parted, he had that smile again. That’s when I knew for sure: I do like him that way. “Is that a yes? Please don’t let me get my hopes up for nothing.”. I gave him another kiss. “It’s a yes.”. Once back home, we replaced the single beds for a double one.. And we stayed in bed for the longest time. No worries, we got out of bed eventually. Naoki still gives me snowboard lessons!

Extra photo's
    In the end, all ended well.

eT07PCs.png
    bWcUgQ2.png
    mwmeZSv.png
    UhxZaNs.png
    f22v3Zh.png
    Couldn't help myself, hehe. xD
    PO2HuLp.png
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited January 2021
    January - Day 17: Face today's challenges with a 'Spring' in your step!

eiqgWcD.png

Notes:

Tessa woke up on the first day of Spring, went out to the greenhouse to harvest her plants and when she was finished, autonomously kicked up her heels in joy. Despite not reaching her aspiration final goal, it had been a very good weekend spent with the most important person in her life. Today she would try again, and hopefully the weather would finally cooperate! Late morning they left for the mountain and arrived at the Onsen to find a RAGING BLIZZARD! YES!! \o/ I had her check the board for conditions on the mountain, it said 'Fair.' How could that be right? o.O I sent them to the medium climbing walls anyway. Maybe it was wrong? The forecast had been consistently wrong up to this point, so why not that board, right? ;)

dZmnknA.png
    Wrong... *sigh* Tessa and Josh both climbed up without a problem, but she didn't get that lovely announcement, the goal remained at 0/1. GAH! Look at her face, she's not pleased.

qXrvTA2.png
    As long as they were there anyway, the two took a high intensity snowboard run on the Expert slope. Maybe that would work?
    It didn't. *double sigh*

g1yXvtZ.png
    Josh tried to cheer Tessa up by suggesting they build a Snowpal together. Incidentally, it was the exact same Snowpal they always build for some reason! lol

vjAlr0v.png
    After that they were too cold to stay longer and do anything else, plus hungry, so they 'ran' with arms folded all the way back to the Onsen to buy pizza and soup from a vending machine and wolf it down.

OckGSeU.png
    When they stood up to head back home, Tessa suddenly stopped and swung around to say,
    "When is this going to work Josh? I'm so tired of climbing and/or falling off a snowboard and hurting myself. Ugh!"
    "I wish I could answer that Beautiful, but I can't control the weather, no one can. We just have to keep trying and not give up hope."

zft7oE2.png
    "Gah! Hope, yeah. Whatever...I mean, what do I have to do? Sleep with Father Winter?"
    "What?!"

xGRfpu8.png
    "Oh my God, I can't believe I said that. I'm not that desperate."
    "I can't either. You crack me up Beautiful! Don't worry, it'll happen, it just takes time. Snow Bros forever?"

fsmlYTg.png
    Tessa looked up at her hand in Josh's and couldn't believe how lucky she was to have found such a sweet guy for a best friend forever.

If1ojq0.png
    Looking at him looking at her that way, her heart gave a little jump. He called her beautiful, but in her mind, he was the beautiful one. Not only physically beautiful, though he was certainly easy on the eyes. He had a beautiful heart and soul too, and that was much more important!

bUXsoru.png
    "Yes, Snow Bros and BFFs, always and forever if I have anything to say about it!"

I sent them back home after that and Tessa went to bed to get some rest for school the next day. Josh did his usual routine of playing and singing. Then he did something he's never done since he came into Tessa's life. He took a nap... o.O

J8KVRP0.png
    He looked so peaceful lying there, I couldn't resist taking a screenshot. :)

Have a great week ahead! <3
    @Skeilah Yes, I do, my own creation and the only celebrity I've ever made or put in my game. I love the guy! He has one of, if not THE best singing voice of all current day singers in my opinion. :) I have a couple Italian restaurants I downloaded and modified to use, I just haven't had a reason to place them yet. I think I'll put one down in Newcrest now though for future Dinner Out holidays, or other times they want to go out for special occasions. :) Seems that way doesn't it? :) lol A very good excuse! ;) They certainly had a very good New Year, thanks! <3

Okay, fair enough. It was late to me though since I try to post before I get some sleep for the day. I'm just short, Hubby's the one that's an average height, maybe a little taller than most guys, but not much. :)

I understand what you mean, sometimes you're so sad about something you've done, and feel so foolish, you just have to laugh. :)

Yay! They're back together and in a much closer way than ever before! So happy for them, but especially Bryon, he's finally found the love he's been looking for all this time! Congratulations to both of them! <3 The way you wrote all this out too, was just brilliant! You're a very talented writer. It's such a pleasure reading all about them and I can't wait to read what happens next for these two sweet guys! \o/

Oh, and I can't blame you for that particular screenshot! I, uh, hope to take one very similar in a few months. ;) Have a wonderful day/night! <3
    edited January 2021
    Update 17 - ZAP!

pbzb0te.png

Notes:
    I had a screenshot ready from earlier in Jules' day, but the day ended with a bang - quite literally, so you get this one instead.

After a long day (more details below), I had Jules go out in search for some collectables. I make her do stuff in thunderstorms all the time, gotta be productive and live on the edge a little ;)

Well just as she stepped out into her yard - ZAP! Lightning strike! This is the precursor to the image of the day. As soon as I realized she wasn't dead, I was very entertained by this occurrence lol.
    tstAOYF.png

And this is poor dazed Jules afterwards, trying to autonomously collect harvestables, but I nudged her to go take a shower and get some rest instead.
    7leGunJ.jpg

ANYWAY, earlier in the day...

Today was another one of the holidays I added, Day of Remembrance, a day I added for any sims who have lost anyone to fondly remember and honor them. So a quick refresher since it's been a while since my first post - both Jules' and Dell's parents and Bex's parents were secret agents who died under suspicious circumstances. So Jules headed to the cemetery with her sister and her cousin, where their parents are buried to mourn and reminisce as a family (the cemetery is in Oasis Springs, but I figured this was an extenuating circumstance that would allow her to choose to travel to another world. She followed my usual rules of not interacting with the world as far collecting or fishing)

They mourned together.
    4155Rlv.jpg

And sang together.
    B6wath1.jpg

They shared stories of fond memories they all had of their parents.
    1YxbA0x.jpg

And finally, Jules decided (that at least for now), she would put the urn of that alien ghost she’s been keeping in her inventory in the mausoleum to rest.
    WaTHCjx.png

She didn't risk putting down the Murphy bed tonight lol - didn't want to push her luck, so she just napped on the couch part.
    Q7jbAKf.png
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah AHHHHHHHH THEY KISSED!!! And had some fun in bed too ;) Great update, I love these two so much, and I'm glad that their little fight actually made them admit their feelings for each other. I still haven't had Mario and Jules use the "mess around" animation yet, but it's coming eventually haha. They've just been spending time together on community lots lately so there hasn't been a bed lol

@Karababy52 You really do capture such great moments in your screenshots! I'm laughing over that conversation you had them have about sleeping with Father Winter. Their facial expressions were perfect for that dialogue you gave them.

Regarding that aspiration step you can't seem to accomplish - I have tomorrow's update ready to go already since I played a bit more last night haha, but one of Jules' knitting aspiration steps was to knit in a rocking chair. So I had her knit one of her work in progress projects on a rocking chair, the aspiration goal did not complete. Okay, maybe I have to have her finish the whole project, so I wasted a bunch a time making her start a whole project and finish it in the rocking chair. STILL would not complete it. Needless to say, I cheated to complete that step since I was getting angry at the game since I was obviously doing what I needed to do and I had put in a lot of Jules' precious time trying to do it the non-cheating way lol. So basically, if you're not opposed to cheating when you KNOW that a step of an aspiration should have been completed, but the game is being glitchy for whatever reason, I just thought I'd suggest cheating to save you the headache and frustration of the game cheating YOU out of your hard work lol

@Karababy52 Such a nice photo! Also, yellow really suits her. I'm also having troubles with the final aspiration goals, haha. Stupid weather. I don't even know what it needs to say, because I had 'Icy' before, but that wasn't enough. xD Also, you said medium wall here, but don't you have to do the expert for this last goal? Oh, nevermind, you tried that later, hahahahah.

I loved that conversation between them, where they cracked up laughing afterwards. So cute.

I also like Adam Lambert a lot. He has a good voice indeed.

It's really difficult to keep track of how late it is everywhere, hehe. I have the feeling that when I post my update, everyone else is still sleeping or something HAHAHAH.

Ah, being short has it's own charms! ^^

I'm also soooo happy for them! They will bump into other hardships for sure, but I'll see which ones those will be as the story goes on. I'm so happy that you think I'm a talented writer. I like to write a lot, I see writing as one of my hobbies, so if people praise me on my writing style, I'm really happy. Thank you!! <3

They were both so flirty, so from one thing came another, heheheh. You'll get to take a similar one in a few months for sure! You also have a wonderful day/night! <3

@permanentrose Update 17: Oooof, that looks painful xD Poor Jules. You add such nice extra holidays to your game. Oh, she said goodbye to the alien :o Hahahahah, don't be so afraid of the Murphy bed! xD It's okayyyyy! And else, save your game before you put the bed down, then put the bed down. If something happens, return to the previous safe, hahahaah.

YESSSS!!! This diary made me have butterflies in my stomach. I love reading and writing these kind of things. I'm so happy that you also love the two as much as I do.
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah Yeah, Reed Edison, my emotional alien ghost, is taking a break from Jules' inventory for the time being. If the game doesn't cull him, they can have more adventures when she lives in Oasis Springs, whenever that may be :D

I am also very confused what timezone any of us are in lol. I tend to post in the mornings (my time, EST), since I've been playing a day or two ahead since I still can't help myself :D
    edited January 2021
    January (Tuesday) - DAY 17: Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now!

medium-rockl-wall-climb.png
    While they are at school, I get a pop-up that the Landgraab Power Company has turned off their power! Oops! Forgot to pay the bills. I also get a report from the Eco Inspector that their house is not compliant with the Green Gardening Neighborhood Action Plan and that their bills will increase until the issue is resolved. What? Sakura has a garden. And their bills are going to increase? They are bad enough already! Geez! When they get home, the first thing Sakura does is pay the bills. After their chat yesterday, Kiyoshi and Sakura decided that when they got home from school and greened up, they would travel to the rock climbing wall. This is exactly what they did, and traveled to Senbamachi to the medium rock climbing wall. Kiyoshi took to the wall right away and leveled up to Rock Climbing-Level 6. He also gets The Outdoorsy Lifestyle. Sakura seems to be having a problem rock climbing today, and keeps slipping, but gets to Rock Climbing-Level 7. Maybe it's the shoes she's wearing. And then the worse thing happens. Sakura gets a pulled muscle and can't do any more rock climbing! Noooo! Kiyoshi continues to do rock climbing and I send Sakura on a meditative walk. She only has one thing left to do to complete the Mt.Komorebi Sightseer Aspiration - to become emotionally mindful.

TAKING-A-MEDITATIVE-WALK.png
    emotionally-mindful-completes-mt-komorebi-sighseer-tues-evening.png

I let her hike around and keep an eye on Kyoshi. And then I get a pop-up that she has completed her Aspiration! Yes! She also gets the Worldly Knowledge trait. She still has that pulled muscle though and can't do any more rock climbing, so I send them both home.

pulled-muscle-so-taking-muscle-relaxing-soak.png

I have Sakura take a muscle-relaxing soak ($30 simoleons) in the tub, but when she is finished, she still has that 'pulled muscle' moodlet. Must be the tub quality. Perhaps they should have gone for a soak in the Onsen instead. Oh well. Let's hope it's gone by tomorrow. But congrats Sakura on achieving your first aspiration! Woot!

*Title from the song, "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now", Starship, 1987.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    A quick question for everyone. How do you turn off the Eco Voting so it won't affect you? Do you go to settings and tick off the box? I will turn it back on when we get to Eco-Living, but really don't want that Eco Inspector coming around to increase poor Sakura's bills.

Also, a technical question. How do you do 2 spoilers in the same thread? I like how everyone is doing the Notes and then the extra Photos. Thanks for your help! Will comment on everyone's stories later tonight as I have some stuff to do today! Have a great day! :)
    edited January 2021
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Also, a technical question. How do you do 2 spoilers in the same thread? I like how everyone is doing the Notes and then the extra Photos. Thanks for your help! Will comment on everyone's stories later tonight as I have some stuff to do today! Have a great day! :)

@SoulGal7 You just put it in two different spoiler brackets, like this!
    3ejxEgG.png

Also, great update! I love the rock climbing photo! One of my mods lets me autopay bills for my household, as long as there's enough funds, since I was always forgetting to pay them on my own haha! So no power cuts for me, at least not yet. I hope her pulled muscle heals too - they make it difficult for sims to do anything!
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    A quick question for everyone. How do you turn off the Eco Voting so it won't affect you? Do you go to settings and tick off the box? I will turn it back on when we get to Eco-Living, but really don't want that Eco Inspector coming around to increase poor Sakura's bills.

Hmmmmm, good question. I got into this some time ago because I find all of the Eco-living things very irritating, but I'm thinking about what I did again. I did change the settings in-game for sure, but I have the feeling I also did something else. I do have this mod: https://simvasion.com/eco-lifestyle-interactions-fixes/

But I don't know if that one helps anything with your issue xD Anyways, I only get notifications that voting is done, but NAP's never come through in my game. It's really wonderful! xD
    @permanentrose Oh man, the look on Jules' face...she looks traumatized, poor thing. However, it is entertaining when lightening strikes Sims, I can't help but laugh too. I just wish it was a bit more realistic. I mean I know vampires aren't realistic, but I saw Vlad get hit once and he just stopped, texted somebody and casually went on his way. He wasn't even burnt! o.O

Very cool Jules was able to participate in the Day of Remembrance holiday you created. I like that holiday, we should remember our loved ones and honor them. Did Jules release the Alien ghost's spirit too? Or just place his urn there? Probably a very good idea not to push her luck with the Murphy bed. ;) Great update!

Thank you! :) They were chatting and what I'd queued up for Tessa had run out, before I could chose more for her, she autonomously chose to 'Whine about unfair life" and the animations seemed like the perfect opportunity to create that dialogue between them.

I might have to resort to cheating to fill that aspiration milestone, I have in the past for the Freelance career when it was borked in EL. But, I'd like to avoid it, if possible. There's still a couple weeks left this month, so still time to keep trying. There's supposedly a thundersnow storm in a couple days, so hopefully it'll work then. Cross your fingers!

@Skeilah I think she looks good in yellow too! It suits her coloring anyway. Yeah, it says 'Icy' conditions or during a thundersnow storm to climb the medium walls OR those same conditions while doing a high intensity run on the Expert slope with a snowboard or skiing. I guess the game doesn't consider a blizzard as icy conditions for some reason. :D I'll see what happens during a thundersnow storm coming up. Gah! I hope it works, otherwise I might have to cheat to fill that milestone. :( I'm thinking perhaps it's a bug in the pack that needs to be fixed in a patch.

Thanks! I had fun writing that for sure. :) Glad I'm not the only one that believes Adam has a phenomenal, incomparable voice, it's true! <3

Oh, well, I meant late for me. It was actually morning for everyone else in the States. I just have a different sleep pattern than most due to a variety of reasons. I sleep from around 8-9 a.m. to 2-3 p.m. and then I'm up all night. :)

Of course, every relationship can't be a perfect bed of roses all the time. But, if it's meant to be, they'll get through any hardships together and end up closer than ever in the end. You're very welcome! Writing is just a hobby of mine as well. I have a book I've been writing for years with thoughts of trying to get it published one day, but it's just something I work on now and then. I have more fun writing casually, such as; short stories, roleplay, haiku, writing prompts, background stories for my Sims, etc.

Natural progression of a relationship, it was inevitable. I find it funny though how the game calls it 'mess around' but we all know it's really woo hoo. Especially when they turn to a young adult and woo hoo for the first time amd don't get that 'break out the candles so and so is woo hooing for the first time' message. :D

My afternoon/early evening has been busy! So will my evening, but it's cool. Hope yours was/is good too! <3

@SoulGal7 Bummer Sakura got the pulled muscle and the soak didn't work. You'd think that special muscle relaxing soak would do the trick, but it's never worked for me either. Congratulations to Sakura for finishing her first aspiration! Great job! :) About the Green Gardening NAP, I've read in a thread that they need to have one of those bug houses on the lot to satisfy the Inspector. You don't have to fill it with bugs, just have one. Maybe that'll help?

You can turn off NAPs in gameplay options by checking/unchecking a box, yes, but that won't get rid of any NAPs that are already implemented, I think. What you can do then is turn on testingcheats and shift right click (or just right click, can't remember which one) on their mailbox. There should be a menu in there to either instantly repeal individual NAPs, or pick any others you'd like them to have instead.

The easiest way I've found to do more than one spoiler is by using the 'Format' option. If you click on that, there's a button in there to make a body of text a spoiler. So what I do is type out everything I want in the spoiler, highlight it by clicking the first word and drag my mouse down to the end of the text. Then, click on that spoiler button and it'll automatically put the body of text in a spoiler for you. Or you can do what Rose suggested, that'll work too. :)

I hope this helps! *Hugs* :)
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 She did not release his spirit, so unless the game culls him automatically (which I notice tends to happen), he may still be around when she lives in Oasis Springs eventually lol. It just felt like a nice place to put his urn instead of having him uselessly hang out in her inventory, he did give me some good laughs though.

Also your sleep schedule explains a lot - I was thoroughly confused about what time zone you were living in LOL
    edited January 2021
    @permanentrose Ah, okay and you're right! Unless you strengthen his hold on the physical world by clicking on the urn when you get a pop up saying they're fading away, he will be culled. Ghosts are the first Sims to be culled, if the game thinks you have too many Sims.

Sorry about that. lol I live in Michigan in the U.S. in the EST timezone. Right now, it's 7:29 p.m. where I live. :)
    edited January 2021
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @permanentrose Ah, okay and you're right! Unless you strengthen his hold on the physical world by clicking on the urn when you get a pop up saying they're fading away, he will be culled. Ghosts are the first Sims to be culled, if the game thinks you have too many Sims.

Sorry about that. lol I live in Michigan in the U.S. in the EST timezone. Right now, it's 7:29 p.m. where I live. :)

@Karababy52 We are in the same time zone! I live in Pennsylvania. I don't always have a consistent sleep or work schedule though, so I can tend to be active on the forums at all sorts of odd times

Ah well, she might have said goodbye to her emotional alien ghost forever, but it's okay, there are certainly more exciting things to come for Jules I'm sure. Maybe I'll have one of my other sims pop in to strengthen his connection at some point

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top