Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    Haha! At some point I decided to include Jess and Julian into the story :) Some kind of cross-over!

Jackson is such a good guy for cleaning the ocean like that!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    May 18
    33EVwUa.png
    Roxanne, Lenny and Rubanoid arrived at the lab. The plan was for Rubanoid to go down and see what was below, recording as he went. He also planned on taking samples while below, especially of the air quality since no humans had made it far without getting sick.
    irXwRPt.png
    When the doors opened he strode through confidently. He was happy to be of service, and wanted to look good in Roxanne's eyes.

Y2OSkJG.png
    He scanned the areas thoroughly and took samples of air quality as he went. The odd plants they had noted sprouting up were behind cases and much larger than he'd seen them outside of projected growth charts.

npokmT8.png
    He detected the air quality became progressively dense with spores and knew Roxanne and Lenny would not have made it this far.

MiEfgJ2.png
    There had been lab equipment throughout and it all appeared functional.

fvrPQMg.png
    In an area with the most encased plants, he noted growth on the walls and it became thicker as it rounded a corner.

K61efie.png
    He used his keycard on the door where the growth was heaviest and a force of air and spores rushed out. He could feel waves, sonic-like and saw a behemoth plant. It whipped around in a frenzied motion and he decided he shouldn't go closer without further analysis. The powerful waves of energy from the doorway were very strong and loud. He wondered if they could damage him and thought it was likely, especially if he was close for too long. He thought it would probably make humans most uncomfortable too.

ldMIFth.png
    As Rubanoid ascended the steps he saw Roxanne with a wide smile in greeting to him. He guessed she was relieved and proud of his efforts and he was so pleased with the thought. He really wanted her approval.

SQamExc.png
    Roxanne?... Roxanne?
    egTcBMc.png
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yeah, I have found that I probably won't do it like this again. For now, I will simply write the update about both days now and save a photo to post tomorrow. That means that I won't have to play or post tomorrow... Well, perhaps I'll be able to work on a few houses and NPCs... :smiley:
    This might be a good way to do it in case I need a free day. But 1 day & 1 post per day seems like the perfect amount... And if I don't have time, I'll have to do more retrospective stuff. (By the way, how did this update get so long? I just can't leave out Pictures! Aaaaah... )
    In case anyone is confused: the Updates 14 and 15 span two SimDays (Sunday and Monday) and were planned for two RL days. But then I played both days at a time, so now I am posting all the content (minus one photo that I will post tomorrow)
    last Update | Overview post&rules
    Update 14/15- Bridgeview

Sarah's Diary, Update 14
    q8x5tTU.png
    On Sunday morning, Greg went to the Mailbox, not suspecting anything.
    gjUk9C4.png
    And then the shock: The letter said that bills were due today already this week instead of Monday, and that the usual deadlines of 24 hours still applied. With the wedding coming up, we were in a tight spot.
    So we went straight to work and let the kids play a bit, interrupted by potty-training and Greg going for a jog. Sophia still loves the Swing for some reason. Greg decided to make Mac&Cheese for all of us, for some reason - we still had leftovers from Thanksgiving...
    PkMpASq.png
    5ErNWKQ.png
    LFpKmww.png
    OBc8aG5.png
    qssYXGo.png
    IEQYRns.png
    Aand... Daily bathroom shot!
    t9rlsk2.png
    4Hv9W5z.png
    e8COOie.png
    I guess my mind was at the kids' scouts meeting already at that painting. I decided to keep it for their room and make another one.
    It was like everything went wrong that day! The bills, Mark tore his uniform, half the kitchen broke, Miles was in tears...
    kjyIiwi.png
    wxaRILE.png
    P3S2pTg.png
    UdiA7MA.png
    Aren't the kids sweet! They came home and just decided to help.
    JzAIkKB.png
    They did their homework autonomously too...
    FbEU9Pg.png
    ilSdzjV.png
    In the evening, we were working on some school projects.
    Mx10J0M.png
    But then, after everybody went to sleep, we had another argument. It was clear we wouldn't get the money in time, and we just did not know what to do.
    U6mawiS.png
    Luckily, we were able to pull ourselves together and work out a solution. We would ask Granny to watch Miles during the day, and if neccesary, the older kids in the afternoon. That way we'd be able to focus on getting the rest of the money, and come through okay.
    LIuArbT.png
    Miles seemed to have some serious nightmares - perhaps because he slept alone in a room, unlike his older siblings? In any case, I decided to splurge on a nightlight for him. Anything was better than a cranky, tired toddler all day long! Dear Mark ended up comforting him... <3

Sarah's Diary, Update 15
    dcK2os5.png
    The next morning, another surprise was waiting for us... A really bad one. We had quietly assumed that potential fines would arrive with the post at about 9 o'clock when the kids were at school - not at 6am in the morning! I quickly explained to the kids that we would not have electricity in the morning due to a power outage, but everything would be fixed when they came back home.
    kbClQlI.png
    Dear kids. They are too young to be dragged into something like this!
    wdrAdRs.png
    As soon as they went to school, we brought Miles to Granny's house and went to the library to continue working from there.
    aL6RxqK.png
    VwO6wmZ.png
    I really think my work is improving... I like this one!
    4OtBgrX.png
    And then we did it. We got home shortly after noon, having both completed several gigs and having gotten sizable bonus payments. So we did it! We paid the bills, and the kids would never need to know about this mess. And there was enough left for wedding attire, a ring and a cake...
    COURWKE.png
    VxG9sTJ.png
    TPt3114.png
    And then, in the heat of the moment... While the kids were playing outside... Yeah. We felt all the stress melt away.
    0Dvs40n.png

I have already taken a pregnancy test, but have to wait a bit for the results this time. They will be delivered tomorrow, so I am excited for that. I wonder how Greg will react... :blush:

Schedule
    I am planning to play for 14 months, starting on the 1st of June with the Main Sim's toddler birthday. In May I will set up the rest of the family and play the Main Sim's baby stage. After that: 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)

Characters
    --Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is a young adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible, even though she is a Young Adult herself. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep the two of them afloat.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a child now. She continues to be very independent and to prefer doing things alone, preferably developing her mental skills.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a child now too. He hasn't lost his toddler charm, and likes being outdoors, where he has a lot of space to run around and play.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a toddler loving to entertain his entire family with jokes and cute giggles.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.

Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Hermitgirl
    what a cool idea to have Rubanoid use the keycard and go down! You got through the whole lab the first time with keycard access which is super cool. I thought Roxanne and Lenny would be safe for sure with that little hack, but there they are, still possessed. Did you intentionally get them possessed or did the game still somehow manage to do that even though they waited up at the top?

@miss_eulenauge
    Hope too see this, tacking on a reply for you since I forgot to reply to yours! Definitely getting chaotic in that house with 3 kiddos and the up coming wedding! Sad about mark’s torn uniform! I like it when you can add those pop ups into the story. One sim day does provide an easy starting and stopping point - I’ve found myself playing only one day these days too. A lot can happen in one day!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member

Melody Connors.. and naked dude.

day 8 , May

IqyS5fP.png
    Towels is/are back!
    Gardening, going to work, Malcom got the promotion too. Then they finished the rocket's last final update! YAY ! Also, they had a surprise gardener! :D And what harm can be done by planting a plant???
    rfoS4bL.png
    "HELLO STRANGERVILLE!! WHAT A GLORIOUS MORNING!!!!"
    Malcolm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    0o1Lcwl.png
    "WHAT??"
    Mmmh.. nothing.. for now...
    wKBKROn.png
    anzlGy8.png
    Work time!

4oIcJ6K.png
    OH!! So in my game Kiyoshi never managed to Olympics.. he seems to be a gardener :D (no, I have not assigned him to the job :)

ohUwCqn.png
    Malcolm had his promotion :)

vI0sLuc.png
    He was home one hour before Melody... just the time to have a chat with Erving... and he bought something.

xII1R2w.png
    "Those sims in black stole the last plant.. I will plant another! I mean, what harm there can be by growing a plant???"

tRpbkl5.png
    Melody got home.
    Melody: "What is in that planter?"
    Malcolm: "It's one of those plants around here, Sims In Black stole the old ones.."
    Melody: "WHAT??"
    Malcolm: "Hey sweetie, it's just a plant! What harm can be done by growing a plant??"
    Melody: " Hmm.. I guess you are right.. I still not like this."

lD5zDPL.png
    nRQ1qyK.png
    And yep, final updates done for the rocket.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Month 1 ~ Sulani ~ Day 18

jackson-05-18-07.jpg?w=683

Story:
    Day 18 (Wednesday)

Jackson’s daily routine continued of a jog and a swim before school. This always got him in an energized mood. It kept him going to do his work in his classes and not fall behind. He was still a C average student and he was okay with that. Before heading off to school, he enjoyed himself a bowl of cereal. Now that he could roast things, he didn’t have to have cereal or yogurt for dinner anymore.

One of his classes sent him home with a school project. The last one he had, he had to build a bridge and he was angry that it took him the whole day. Jackson put his hands over his face all stressed out. He didn’t want to spend another whole day working on a project, but he also didn’t want to be the only one in his class who didn’t do it. This next one he had he was to build something in regards to robotics.

Jackson (to himself): “So many gadgets. This manual is almost a foreign language to me. This is going to take me all day again.”

After awhile, Jackson took a short break to do some treasure finding. He was tired of reading the robotics manual. He dug in an area to where he was building. He was able to pull out a few treasures. He also dug up a crab that seemed to have made a home inside the sand and pinched Jackson.

Jackson: “Ouch! What the…!”

He buried the crab back up and ended his search. As much as his pinched finger now hurt, he had to finish his school project as the sun had left and darkness was starting to take over. A few hours later, his little robot was finished. Jackson actually liked it. After he would get graded on it, he would keep it at his beach and it would become his companion at his beach. He decided to call it, Robby the Robot.

His stomach was growling as he had nothing to eat since lunch at school. He roasted up another regular hot dog, still not convinced to try a veggie dog yet. He called over Robby to be next to him as he ate his dinner. He spent time talking to the robot as if it understood him before he finally was tired enough to go to bed.

Side Notes:
    • What’s great is I don’t have Jackson doing any homework (yet), but when he’s about to drop in the below average range, he gets a school project. It happened the first time when he built that bridge and now as his grade meter is dropping below average again, he got another project to do. I’m also excited that it was a robotics project. I was fascinated looking at another challenger’s daily images of a Servo as one of their main characters in the story behind the daily images. Not to copy them of course, but think it would be fun for Jackson to have a Servo. And this school project helped build the story for it.

Bonus Images:
    jackson-05-18-01.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-18-02.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-18-03.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-18-04.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-18-05.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-18-06.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-18-08.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-18-09.jpg?w=683

Aspirations Completed:
    • None

Traits:
    • Personality: Active, Bro
    • Aspirations: Home Turf
    • Reward: Hero (Mod), Everyman (Mod)

Skills:
    • Charisma – 4/10
    • Comedy – 1/10
    • Cooking – 1/10
    • Fishing – 1/10
    • Fitness – 5/10
    • Logic – 2/10
    • Naturism (Mod) – 1/10
    • Persuasion (Mod) – 1/10
    • Programming – 2/10
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @Ellupelluellu
    HAHAHAHAHHAA naked Malcolm :D Not a care in the world. Oh Malcolm. Haha, Kiyoshi and his failed Olympic dreams - at least he's employed haha. Nice work on the rocket. And totally no harm in growing a strange fruit, none at all :)

@LegacySims2017
    Nice job with the school project. Those robots are rather cute :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Hermitgirl
    Yep, they had plans, but just like the phrase, "the best laid plans of mice and men," it didn't really go that well. o.O Hopefully it will the next time they go there. :) Thanks about the background pics! Frank's trying, hopefully it works...if he recites it to the 'right' Bendy. ;)

Erwin is a fun Sim! I might have to play with him more now in some way. :) Yep, that's our Joshie! Always has woo hoo on the mind. He's a very sensuous Sim! Which reminds me, I forgot to put a tarp shower in their inventory! Dangit! :D

Popeye!! HAHAHA! I LOVE that! Perfect description. :)

Wow, Rubanoid was able to go all the way to the Mother! Awesome! Not so awesome Roxanne and Lenny are now possessed though. Opps! o.O

@permanentrose
    You're welcome about Ruby! You did a good job with her transition from toddler to child. You're right, sometimes they don't look like the same Sim, but you did a good job with it. I think the genetics helped and the similar hair, definitely. :)

Yeah, see, that's almost exactly the length of time a completely possessed Sim that's eaten the strange fruit will last. It starts at around Midnight and lasts until 4 a.m. That was in the past though. I think the Devs might've changed something because it was day time when Josh and Essa moved to StrangerVille and they met that possessed Sim.

There might also be some kind of 'special' possession that happens to some Sims, because usually the Welcome Wagon Sims are premades and are possessed when they visit, during the day too. I don't know, it's puzzling. *shrugs*

Thank you for the hairstyles and overlay. Jules in my game looks very similar to your Jules now. :)

Jules and Emmett look cool in their western wear! Essa's garden has been productive through the entire challenge. Probably why she has WAY over a million simoleans now. :D Oh man, the Hero Thank you gifts are just ridiculous! I was SO disappointed when I found out what they would get with my first Hero. The marching around animation is hilarious! Why is that a work task? It's fun to watch and laugh at them though. :D

Hey don't apologize for the corny mush, I'm here for it! It's especially nice to see with the poses you use. I adore that kind of lovey dovey stuff with our Sims, obviously! I'd post even more in mine if I thought I could get away with it! ;)

I LOVE the lighting in StrangerVille once the mystery starts to unfold, especially towards the end! Yeah, that's exactly why I had Josh thinking about that, it would be a possibility in real life. Glad it's not in the game. o.O Yeah, Josh is a sweetheart, always looking out for her. He quickly realized there was no way to keep her shielded from it though. They did a very, very good job with this pack in creating the atmosphere and suspense for the mystery. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    hehe Love how Melody took revenge on the rocket for shocking her! Similar to how Essa kicked that plant because she was angry about being possessed. :D

Nice tip about how the lab computers can be repaired. I had no idea! Thanks! :) What was blond Dude really freaking out about? It does look like he's concerned about the roof collapsing though. :D I've had some of my Sims make meals in the Lab too! Very handy! Especially for Rags to Riches Sims. ;) Actually Sims could live in the Lab without a problem. There's just one thing missing, a shower. You'd think a Lab would have a decontamination shower, but nope! I think Josh in particular would LOVE it if a shower was at the Lab. ;)

Uh, Malcom, I hope you're only looking at her name badge. HAHA! I think hat Dude has a crush on Melody! Oh! Love your library too, just noticed the 'strange' vines hanging on the wall. Nice touch! :)

Yeah, the coloring once the mystery starts to unfold is so beautiful, and surreal, I love it! That green was a bit startling though. o.O Frank is so in love with Bendy, it's cute! Josh does look handsome standing there after his promotion. Thanks! I'm surprised nobody noticed his hair beyond that screenshot. It's slowly getting longer. ;) That style is similar and not that much longer than the last though, so I can see why y'all missed it. :) Hoping to have him back to his regular style by the time they fight the Mother. ;)

Yay! Congrats on the promotion Malcom, and for the rocket fully upgraded now! HAHAHA! Oh man, nothing like hanging it all out there for all the world to see! Well except for that darn heart in the way. ;) Gah! Malcom! Don't plant that, there's a reason the SIB confiscated it! I guess he wouldn't know any better yet though. Man, they are both going to be so mad at themselves later on once they realize what they planted. :D

@Skeilah
    Oh I love the sound of that! A nice big wedding, just what I want to do for Essa and Josh when they get married. I've never held a big wedding like that in my game either, so I hope it goes well and I hope yours turns out magical too. :)

No worries about waiting to comment, we're all busy with things we need/want to do. Kind of hard to comment on just a placeholder pic anyway. ;)

So happy for Johnny, Jess, Waffle and Nacho! I figured Roo would stay with Bryon and Naoki. Aww, poor Roo, no more babies for you! You have enough to handle though with Bryon, Naoki and the twins. :) hehe So cool George is running the Vet clinic! Good for him! Better than being so lonely stuck down in the old fuselage of his plane. Aww, Gilles is cute, and I see he has his Mom's hair color. Cool! Whoa, nice Winterfest present for Skeilah and Hugo! Welcome baby Sam! :)

@miss_eulenauge
    Thanks about the screenshots! Nah, they'll be fine, I just took a bit of creative license in writing that. I thought it would be something they'd think about, even if it's not really possible. They've been together for quite awhile and they're best friends, in addition to being in love, so they know each other well and can point out mistakes without any residual hard feelings or resentment. They know it's just their partner looking out for them. :) Yeah, I noticed I forgot to update the title and changed it. Thanks about what I write for them, I try to find quotes that convey the theme for the update. Glad you like them. :)

It looks like you're getting your story plans sorted out now. I'll just reiterate what's in the rules/guidelines as for how many days to play, what to post and when, etc. The original intention for this challenge was to start out with a Teen Sim Rags to Riches style in one world completing that world's aspiration(s) for one month following the worlds scheduled timeline (or you own line-up of worlds) for aging, etc. and play them for however long you want each real life day; one sim day, two sims days, a week, whatever you have time for and feel like playing. Post one daily pic from that play session and give a short synopsis of what happened that day. Now, some of us have decided to post a story with more than one screenshot in a spoiler after posting the daily pic. This is optional, of course.

You can post the daily pic and the story at the same time, or do what I do, which isn't ideal in my opinion, post the daily pic and then later the story with additional screenshots. The only reason I do it that way sometimes is because I run out of time to play, write and post the story part before midnight due to my own personal sleep schedule. I get behind in a hurry doing it that way though and end up posting several days in a row with just the daily pic as a placeholder and writing the story part later that night/early morning. For instance, I'll have to do it again for today's post.

Sometimes challengers will even post time jumps to imply a week, a month or however long their story requires the timeline to be at that time, using screenshots they've taken for a play session. Some even play ahead and then organize them for future days to post. There's no one right way to play this challenge other than posting one daily pic per real life day from your challenge gameplay with a synopsis of your challenge Sim's progress. However you play Sims that are not challenge Sims yet is at your own discretion. The rules/guidelines only apply to the challenge Sim. I hope all this makes sense, just do whichever way is fun for you! :)

Whew! Okay, think I'm done with comments. Now time to catch up on other things, plus I still need to play, write and post for today's post. o.O I apologize also to some of you that got a novel reply. I try to cut down, but it just doesn't work for me. Ah well... Anyway, hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    May 15 - University - WK 2 - Monday - Part 1 - Oh Baby!

rainy-tues.png
    Sakura - Start of Term 2:

Sakura had slept fitfully thinking of her conversation with Wolfgang last night. She had been laying wide awake in bed, and then just decided to get up and head downstairs and start work on her presentation. It was 3:09 am.

sakura-awake-at-309-am-doing-her-presentation-board.png

She liked getting up early...well, maybe not this early...but it gave her time to think and prepare for her day. And lately, she had been doing a lot of thinking. About her future. Maybe that's what you did when you were in university, thought about possibilities for your future. Because no matter how hard you planned or prepared for something, things could just suddenly change.

She decided to make herself a cup of tea and enjoy the quietness of the house. Was it just the other day that she was sitting here with Wolfgang having breakfast together, thinking that there might be a future with him? Yes, things suddenly change.

sim-saura-tea.png

Her Sufu (grandfather) used to tell her "Even the stone you trip on is part of your destiny." So, maybe, no matter what we try to do, our destiny has already been pre-determined for us, and sometimes we have to endure some struggles to get there. Sakura liked to think that our destiny was in our own hands. That those "stones" were just tests of our character, which would not deter us from a destiny that we chose. Anyway, whatever that proverb meant, Sakura was having a lot of "stones" in her life lately.

sakura-working-on-her-presentation.png

Sakura worked on her presentation, and then checked her phone for messages. She had received a text message from Bruce Sterling, the owner of the house, enquiring if they had secured any roommates. He also told her that he was expecting some mail, and if she could keep it there for him, he would arrange to have it picked up. Sakura realized that she hadn't even checked the mailbox since they had moved in, and went outside and brought all the mail inside and laid it on the kitchen counter.
    GETTING-THE-MAIL-SAKURA-MON.png

the-mail-on-the-counter.png

There was quite a bit of mail. She quickly went through everything, and pulled out a few letters addressed to Bruce Sterling and set them aside. As she was doing this, she noticed a brown envelope addressed to her with a Mt. Komorebi postmark on it. There was no return address on it.

"Hmmm...," she thought, "Maybe it's from Kiyoshi."

She opened the envelope and it looked like there was a single photo inside. "Maybe Kiyoshi had sent her a photo of himself or perhaps one they had taken together at her pre-birthday party..."

She carefully took the photo out and looked at it, but it was certainly not what she was expecting.

Her face went pale and she flung the photo on the counter as if it was on fire and burning her skin, "Noooo!" she shouted, and couldn't believe what she had just looked at.

does-kiyoshi-even-know.png

There, on the counter, was an ultrasound photo, and beside the photo of the baby was written, "Kiyoshi, Jr." Sakura buried her face in her hands and cried.

OMG-KAORI-IS-PREGGERS.png

"This could only mean that Kaori is expecting Kiyoshi's baby," Sakura thought sadly. Even though it pained her to do so, she looked at the photo again to see if there was a name or something on the photo, but there was nothing.

OPENED-THE-ENVELOPE.png

Sakura felt the tears well up inside of her again, "Did Kaori send this to me? Was she trying to elicit some kind of response from me? Well, it worked Kaori, because I am crying and upset, Why would Kaori send something like this to me? Why did Kaori need to let me know that she was pregnant? Kaori knew that I was Kiyoshi's girlfriend. Did she send it just to hurt me? It didn't make any sense," thought Sakura, "Unless...Kiyoshi didn't know...oh gosh...he probably doesn't know... But it still didn't make any sense that Kaori sent this to me. Maybe Kaori was hoping we would break up, and then Kaori and Kiyoshi could get back together again. Kiyoshi had told Sakura that Kaori still had feelings for him. Maybe that was it, but Sakura just wasn't sure about anything anymore. All she knew was that her heart was breaking again."

WHAT-AM-I-GOING-TO-DO.png

Sakura looked at the photo again, "Why did this have to happen?" she thought. Just last night Sakura had decided that she was going to work on her relationship with Kiyoshi and try to block out what had happened between Kaori and Kiyoshi at the camp. But it would be more difficult now, especially if Kaori had a child with Kiyoshi. Kaori would always be a part of her life, as would the child. The memory of Kiyoshi having cheated on her would never be put to rest. And then there was Kiyoshi's child. Sakura would never blame the child for what happened between Kaori and Kiyoshi. It was not the child's fault. And Sakura had no doubt in her mind that she would love that child, because the child was also a part of Kiyoshi. Sakura wasn't sure what to do, and she was rather upset about it all. Obviously when she went to Mt. Komorebi, she and Kiyoshi would have to talk about this...about so many things. Sakura felt so alone.

CRYING-OVER-ULTRASOUND.png

She walked into the computer room and the tears rolled down her cheeks as she thought of everything that had happened this weekend. With Wolfgang...and now with Kaori and Kiyoshi. She didn't know how much more she could take. Sakura was just so hurt and confused and wanted to just hide from everything and everyone. But she somehow had to carry on. She had to. She looked at her presentation board and packed it up to bring with her to school.

LOOKING-AT-THE-ULTRASOUND-MON.png

It was the start of Term 2 and she had early classes. Sakura looked at the time and she had to leave. It had started to rain as she got on her bike and headed towards campus. Sakura was halfway to Britechester when she remembered she had left the ultrasound photo on the counter. She sighed and figured that she would have to deal with that later.

BOKING-IN-THE-RAIN-MON.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Ultrasound photos credit (this is a room); Available for download in the gallery. No cc.

ULTRASOUND-PICS-CREDIT.png

Kaori Nishidake, is a pre-made sim in Mt. Komorebi, and in the bio for her family, she and Kiyoshi both have crushes on each other.
    edited May 2021
    May 16 - University - WK 2 - Monday - Part 2 - Oh Baby!

canal-boat-at-night.png
    Wolfgang - Start of Term 2:

START-OF-TERM-WOLF.png

Wolfgang thought he heard a door close and woke up. "Sakura must have had an early class," he thought, as he got washed up and dressed.

wolfgang-earting-breakfast.png

Wolfgang headed downstairs and opened the fridge and helped himself to an omelet. As he ate, he thought about Sakura and how strange she had acted last night. Maybe all the stress of her courses was getting to her, or maybe she had, indeed, been tired from the party. Wolfgang hoped that she would confide in him in whatever it was that was bothering her. But Wolfgang knew her well, Sakura had to mull things over in her mind first, and then tell him. It's one of the things that he liked about her. She was always careful with her words. Something he'd been trying to practice himself. Being around Sakura just made him feel calmer...well, actually...not all the time..., he thought smiling. Wolfgang thought back to Saturday night and Sakura and his plans to have a quiet night alone.

"Dang that River!", Wolfgang thought, "...but the guy meant well, wanting to celebrate Sakura's soccer victory. But still...when would he and Sakura have time to be alone together?" Wolfgang felt he was running out of time to tell Sakura how he felt about her. "Maybe this weekend, at Harvestfest...we'll go on a walk alone together...and I'll finally tell her..."

Wolfgang heard a knock on the door and got up to answer it, and noticed the pile of mail on the counter. He thought he saw a photo or something lying there, but figured he'd see what it was later.

Wolfgang answered the door, and a potential roommate was standing there. He invited her in and they went into the kitchen together.

hi-i-am-jasmine-gupta.png

Jasmine: "Hi, I'm Jasmine Gupta. I'm a Foxbury student, and the Housing Office told me that you might have a room to let. I am here on an exchange program studying to be a doctor."

my-husband-and-i-are-looking-for-a-room.png

Wolfgang shook her hand and told her that he was also a Foxbury student studying physics.

Jasmine: "I am actually looking for two beds. I am married and my husband is with me. He is also a Foxbury student studying to be a chef. We haven't had a chance to look for a house yet, and thought we would rent a room while we were looking."

Wolfgang brought Jasmine upstairs and showed her the room. She commented on how spacious the room was and how beautiful the house was, but that she would have to talk it over with her husband first.

its-a-shared-room.png

They went back downstairs to the kitchen so that Wolfgang could get to know her better. Jasmine seemed very pleasant, and he was sure that Sakura would like her, too. He did ask Jasmine her thoughts on theft.

Jasmine: "That is an unusual question. Have you had students who have stolen something who have lived here before?"

Wolfgang then explained about what happened to Sakura in her dorm.

Jasmine: "Oh I am so sorry, and such a treasured item to have lost. No, my husband and I are very honest individuals. I would like to mention, though, that I am a vegetarian. You have a wonderful kitchen. Would you be able to make some room for some items, especially my lentil pot?" she asked.

are-there-any-other-female-students-living-here.png

Wolfgang didn't think there would be a problem.

its-called-an-ultrasound-to-see-the-nooboo.png

Jasmine looked at the mail pile, "So, are there other female students living here?"

Wolfgang: "Just Sakura right now."

i-didnt-know-saura-was-expecting.png

Jasmine: "I see that she got a special notice. May I offer my congratulations?"

what-is-it.png

Wolfgang looked at Jasmine wondering what she was talking about.

Jasmine pointed to the photo, "The ultrasound photo."

it-looks-to-be-a-boy-congratulations.png

Wolfgang: "The what?"

Jasmine laughed, "Oh, expectant fathers are always so funny. This photo here. It's called an ultrasound...to see the nooboo..."

Wolfgang looked at the photo then, ["What? Sakura is pregnant?" he thought.]

its-a-what.png

Jasmine: "And from the looks of it, it looks to be a boy. You and Sakura are very lucky. My husband and I have been trying for years without luck. You are indeed fortunate."

Wolfgang just stared at Jasmine, ["Oh my gawd! Sakura is pregnant with Kiyoshi's baby!"]

Jasmine: "Oh I am sorry. You didn't know. Please forgive me for spoiling her surprise to you," she smiled, "Just act surprised and she will never know you know..."

oh-i-am-sorry-for-telling-you-maybe-she-wanted-to-spring-the-news.png

Wolfgang just nodded his head and told Jasmine that he would act very surprised when Sakura told him. Jasmine thanked Wolfgang, and said she would tell her husband about the place. Wolfgang showed her out.

the-nooboo-is-not-mine.png

He went back into the kitchen and stared at the photo in disbelief. There, written beside the photo of the baby, were the words, "Kiyoshi Jr." He sat down heavily on the chair.

wolfgang-went-to-clean-up-the-mail-and-spotted-something.png

"When had this arrived? Did Sakura just find out herself this morning, or had she already known? Maybe that is why she was acting so strange last night." Wolfgang sat there for a long time just staring at the photo and felt so sad suddenly.

shes-pregnant-with-kiyoshis-baby.png

Wolfgang thought that perhaps it was better not to have had that quiet dinner together. He would have made a fool of himself telling Sakura he loved her. Perhaps, it had been a good thing that River had shown up that night and they had had the party instead. Sakura probably had suspected that she was pregnant and had gone to the walk-in clinic at school for a check-up. Or maybe she just went to the clinic after she got sick that day, and she only found out herself. It didn't matter now anyway. Whatever he felt about Sakura and what could have been between them is all over. Wolfgang knew that she would want to be with Kiyoshi more than ever. Wolfgang shook his head and wondered if things would have been different if he had just told her he loved her at the hospital after she woke up from her rescue. Wolfgang figured that Kiyoshi and Sakura had been "together" on Kiyoshi's last night in Windenburg. Just thinking of Sakura and Kiyoshi in "that" way upset Wolfgang even further, and he got up from the table and washed his plate.

He looked at the pile of letters on the counter and the ultrasound picture again. He would just leave everything the way it was, so that Sakura wouldn't know he saw it. He would let her tell him in her own time. And until then, all he could do was take care of her as her "best friend." Wolfgang felt like pounding the wall. He knew, even though she was expecting Kiyoshi's baby, that he still loved her. Oh my plumbobs! He still loved her! Why did this have to happen? He was too late. He felt such pain in his heart just then thinking that she would no longer be in his life.

oh-geez-now-what.png

But he knew that once university was over, he would get a job somewhere far away from Mt. Komorebi and Windenburg, and try to pick up the pieces of his life...without Sakura. He didn't know how he could do it. But he also couldn't bear to see Sakura with someone else. Wolfgang just wanted Sakura to be happy, but he knew, in his heart, that he was the only one who could truly do that. But, if Sakura wanted to be with Kiyoshi, and Kiyoshi was the one who would make her happy...then so be it.

Wolfgang got up from the table and looked outside. It was overcast with a chance of rain. "The day rather suits my mood," he thought as he headed out the door to class.

wolfgang-off-to-school.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Here is a better view of that ultrasound, which really doesn't show up too well in small mode. I didn't really show it, because I can't edit the photo to put the words, "Kiyoshi Jr." on it, so you'll just have to pretend it's there. :)

BABY-KIYOSHI.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited May 2021
    May - Day 18: "Love comes from the strangest places!"

2k3iNki.png

Notes
    CkswocM.png
    After Josh left for work the next morning, Essa did some more research on chemical equations. Frank stood nearby recharging himself. He'd spent so much time chatting and flirting with Bendy, his batteries were nearly drained. He had just enough energy left to get out of the computer chair and begin the charge.

3i2TCVI.png
    She took a much needed break from the research and went outside to try out one of the Infection Scanners. She tried scanning by a large bizarre plant first, deducing that perhaps more spore clusters would be near it. However, only two were detected. Essa wondered if scanning in an area with more of the plants would yield better results.

nlGTjB4.png
    When Josh arrived home from the base, Essa told him about Frank's obsession with the Immersion Bend computer. He'd known Frank had a fondness for it, but didn't know just how deep it went. He decided to finally begin work on a female robot for Frank so he'd have a companion more like himself. He also needed to make parts for Frank's next enhancement.

zHcSjYf.png
    Essa told Josh about the disappointing numbers of spore clusters found in the yard and Josh suggested they try outside the Lab. It just made sense more might be there considering the source of the infection was located somewhere inside. His suspicions turned out to be sound and they found an abundance all over the Lab compound. They scanned everywhere they could until the scanners batteries needed to recharge themselves.

iJQbpYg.png
    "Well I guess that's all we can do tonight."
    "Beautiful, I want to tell you how sorry I am for yelling at you yesterday. It really was a good idea."

7BU4CAH.png
    "Will you forgive me?"
    "Oh Babe, of course I do! I know you were only trying to keep us safe. I should've listened to you."

IZe2QMw.png
    "It was mostly just you I wanted to keep safe since I made you that promise. I love you so much Beautiful, it would kill me if anything ever happened to you."
    (Especially if it was my fault.)

"You know I love you too Josh."

4C5th7r.png
    Wfho8zf.png
    "Hey, now that we're done out here, there's something I saw inside when we were here the first time I forgot to mention. I think you might find it interesting. Wanna go check it out?"

IThnhZa.png
    "I bet I know what it is. I saw something in there too I KNEW you'd like."
    "Is that so? What was it?"

o1LzopU.png
    "I have feeling you know exactly what it was Mr. Horndog."
    "So, what do you think? Shall we? There's nobody here except us, so... why not?"
    "Hmm...well..."

07100XU.png
    2e7NoIF.png
    "Oh Gawd, I can't believe we did that, here."
    "Me neither, I didn't think you'd agree."
    "Oh come on, have I ever said no to you?"
    "Never"
    "And I never will, anywhere, anytime."
    "Oh really?"
    "Really!"

8h7jxDH.png
    "In that case, I saw a shower too. Shall we go clean up and uh, have some fun while we're at it?"
    "Oh boy, Josh, you're so naughty. I love it! Race you!" Essa said and took off running for the shower, laughing wildly as Josh chased her.

BZPbZnB.png
    FNikKf1.png
    CrQ2MXX.png
    lAkSUZn.png
    "You're amazing, do you have any idea how much you mean to me? You're so open-minded, uninhibited, sexy and so much more. I can't get over how lucky I am to have met you."
    "Aw man, stop it, you're making me blush."
    "Well we better go because that cute blush is turning me on again."
    "Horn Dog!"
    "You know it!"

4KuzKPL.png
    Since the Infection Scanners were recharged, before they left the Lab, Josh and Essa decided to do a little more scanning. They wanted to have as many spore clusters as they could find in case they needed them.

7FP3mJk.png
    "I think we found all we can tonight, We should probably go home. Unless you can think of anything else we can do here without the hazmats?"

IeUDV3w.png
    "I think we did it all, and then some, don't you?" Essa said with a wink and a laugh.
    "Oh yeah, definitely. Let's go home."
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Day Eighteen
    05-18-21_9-23-19-pm.jpg
    Jaz woke up and got ready for school, and headed out the door. She was feeling terribly sad after the day before, and would have FAR preferred not going to school today at all, but that, of course, wasn’t an option. Miserably, she walked to school, hoping the mean kids weren’t going to start in on her again.. and wondering which class to ask for a hall pass in… since the one after lunch certainly wasn’t going to allow it anymore.
    05-18-21_9-25-15-pm.jpg
    Marnie’s day started off on a shocking front.. the TV was broken, and while trying to fix it, she must have crossed the wrong wires.
    05-18-21_11-26-48-pm.jpg
    With a plume of smoke following behind her, she went to change the thermostat to warm, since fall was definitely in the air. Good thing she’d already pulled out the kids’ winter clothes.

Bennie, after several attempts to be the man of the house and fix the TV (while I kept cancelling the action so he wouldn’t DIE!) – headed downstairs to open the store for the day.
    05-18-21_11-52-25-pm.jpg
    Marnie fixed the twins some lunch, then tried the TV again. This time, it worked.. but it had taken ages to fix, and by then the kids were home. Before long, the keyboard was also broken, but Marnie wasn’t going to press her luck again today.
    05-18-21_11-52-46-pm.jpg
    Jaz took the first shower for a change (apparently everyone was feeling sorry for her after the day before!) and sat down to do her homework. The game playing in the next room definitely made getting it done harder, and so did the growly tummy she was nursing. Out of fear of asking for a hall pass in a different class, she had skipped lunch to go to the bathroom while everyone else was in line. With nothing in the fridge when she got home, she was going to have to wait for Marnie to make dinner…. and who knows when that would be. Clearly skipping lunch wasn’t an option, either. She was going to have to go back to the “drawing board” for new ideas.
    05-19-21_12-02-16-am.jpg
    After dinner, and some close calls with nearly stepping on a mouse, she spent some time working on her Mental skill, then called it a night. Luckily, the twins were doing well with their skills (largely on their own), and sleeping through the night was a “thing” in the Malone household again, so she fully expected to sleep until daylight the next morning.
    Thank you to everyone sharing their experiences! I think I will go back to the usual "play one day, write, post" for now. Though this whole confuison might have been a good idea to cover days where I won't have time for the life of me, the way sassytxbrat does it.
    Thank you for explaining you tricks to me everyone!
    last Update | Overview post&rules
    Update 15- Bridgeview

vqGzPSD.png

Sarah's Diary
    The results are finally here! (Yes, I know that this isn't Sims-realisitc at all, but I wanted to split the post here.)
    vqGzPSD.png
    Will we have another baby together? I'm so excited! And still going crazy, I see. Have you made a trip to Strangerville lately? Just out of curiosity...
    (By the way: Daily bathroom picture, everyone! :D)
    cEoesta.png
    I'm so happy! A little nooboo is on the way!
    30dq2LC.png
    ...How are we going to manage?! Eh... We'll figure it out.
    JsTKgOJ.png
    Greg, we'll have a baby... Miles is getting a little sibling! (She was looking at him, but he was behind the Camera)
    Greg, you too?! Is everyone going crazy in here?! Did you accompany her to Strangerville?!

Greg seemed really excited when I told him. I hope that excitement extends to changing diapers...!
    For now, I won't have time to dwell on that. I have to bake a cake and get everyone dressed and ready for the wedding!

Schedule
    I am planning to play for 14 months, starting on the 1st of June with the Main Sim's toddler birthday. In May I will set up the rest of the family and play the Main Sim's baby stage. After that: 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)

Characters
    --Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is a young adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible, even though she is a Young Adult herself. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep the two of them afloat.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a child now. She continues to be very independent and to prefer doing things alone, preferably developing her mental skills.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a child now too. He hasn't lost his toddler charm, and likes being outdoors, where he has a lot of space to run around and play.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a toddler loving to entertain his entire family with jokes and cute giggles.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.

| Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2021
    May 19
    7hoeZhG.png
    Rubanoid was exhausted. He knew what that meant now... when humans said it. It made sense now. It was more than needing to recharge.
    As soon as he had found Roxanne and Lenny in the upper part of the lab they had started wandering. He immediately decided he couldn't get outside help. He didn't trust anyone. Everyone in power in this town seemed intent on ignoring the problems or brushing it off. It wasn't right and he wasn't going to let anyone like Dr. Newlow or Loki Beaker get their hands on his Roxanne. So he decided he had to take them home... to his lab. He had to figure this out.
    1wre8Li.png
    At first it seemed okay, Roxanne and Lenny had wandered near a military truck. He intended to boost one. Lenny had parked too far out and Rubanoid didn't think he could herd them to a vehicle that that far away.

NIAN0BC.png
    As soon as he got Roxanne in the back and secured Lenny took off..

FK3nPh5.png
    He led him on a merry chase. The way he was running with his head flopping around was distressing. Was that even possible? Won't it hurt him? He was glad he hadn't seen Roxanne do that yet.

Z43XJ9H.png
    By the time he finally slowed him down and caught him, he didn't much care if he hurt him when he tossed him up into the bed of the truck. It was getting light out and Rubanoid needed to charge soon. It wouldn't do for him to shut down unexpectedly.

On the drive back Rubanoid took even more notice about the strange weather in the town. Spores were everywhere, he guessed going to the lab must have set off something. Possibly opening all those doors? Maybe the sounds from that huge plant? The other odd plants were bigger too and more seemed to be popping up over the landscape as far as he could see. He noticed some people wandering around like Roxanne and Lenny did in the dark. He felt terribly alone.

ynkp6Tx.png
    After he got them home he took them out of the truck one by one and locked them in the main lab. Roxanne first though, always. He felt a great relief when they wandered into the room he actually wanted them to go to. It had been his room for awhile when he and Roxanne were having problems, but it would work very well as an observation room now. Rubanoid had left Roxanne a note in case he didn't detect it when and if they became lucid. Most of the infected that were being held did, but they always lapsed back into the "possessed" state as it was being called. He figured it best to let them know what was going on, why he had locked them in the room and some of what his plan was for now.

lp7sP33.png
    I'll take care of you Roxanne, he thought.

dXaQ9Rz.png
    Then he slept.

(as an aside lol... Rubanoid is "tense". I'm playing them all going through the aspiration but not showing that and for some reason Lenny decided to start a fight with Rubanoid when I was playing Roxanne. He has a grudge against him now.. it was pretty funny to me. I'd never seen him with yellow eyes though.)
    egTcBMc.png
    edited May 2021
    *Updated my May 18th post above! I'll get started on comments, but might not be able to post them until late afternoon/early evening. Have a great day/night everyone! <3
    Update 138 - Deck the halls

AFfjsxZ.jpg

Notes:
    It was a quiet morning with Ruby out of the house. Jules worked on a freelance gig and Emmett practiced his painting.
    jtLvqPD.png

I found some old paintings Jules did in March in her inventory and hung them up along with some stuff Emmett and Ruby have made as well. This wall was too bare :)
    rtrOqlM.png

Even though Emmett had the day off, he still wanted to do some physical activity to stay in the routine, so he asked Jules if she would spar with him.
    gpnFikM.jpg

It was cold, but I thought you all would appreciate seeing Emmett's muscles so I gave him a tank top despite the chill in the air ;)
    1XIXHkP.jpg

"That was fun," Emmett told her once they finished. "You're a great match, definitely kept me on my toes. We'll have to do that again. Man, I need a shower though..."
    qf40xhV.png

"Well, Ruby's not home, so perhaps we can have some fun and shower together," Jules said with a glint in her eyes.
    17n55ku.png

Yes indeed, what an excellent idea Jules...
    4i2Pk95.png
    2u21Az7.png

"Get in here, you."
    UBXnRMp.png

I love how the shower door slides open and shut and has a sound effect with this shower/tub combo :D
    vCX7w9v.png

"Oh man, I think that was more of a workout than the sparring," Jules said a bit breathlessly.
    Qpt4A0P.png

Jules did some laundry afterwards, and before she knew it, Ruby had returned home.

"Hey, kiddo, did you have fun with your dad?"
    4HNaRdT.png

Ruby assured her that she did, and that it was fun to see the babies too. And Mario had gotten her a tablet of her own as a Winterfest gift, which she was very excited about.

Then it was time for decorating! Not too many screenies of that, it was a kind of a weird angle to get good photos.
    in134vF.jpg
    0NCUXRD.jpg

They each placed their presents under the tree, and then it was time for Ruby to go to bed.
    AWPsn71.jpg

Jules read her a bedtime story.
    2H3BIsd.jpg

"Mom, can you spray the monster under the bed...just in case?"
    chCNne7.jpg

"Alright, kiddo, it's time to get under those covers."
    i3xrDXs.jpg

And Ruby fell asleep almost instantly. Jules gave her a goodnight kiss before turning off the light. "Love you, kiddo," she whispered softly.
    xTE7KGr.jpg
    @Karababy52
    That's a really cool daily shot. Totally didn't even realize that was a view in Strangerville. I need to pan around the area more. And just get out of Jules' and Emmett's house more, haha. Nice to have Essa doing research on the science behind everything, since it will more sense now for her to be the one to be able to develop a vaccine. Nice that Josh is starting to work on a companion for Frank - can you choose the gender of the servos when you build them? Since Jules has maxed out her robotics skill, perhaps I should explore this more now that I have some free time this month :)

I remember playing the mystery for the first time and being so pleasantly surprised when you got so many more spore clusters at the lab than anywhere else. I thought it was gonna take forever to collect spore clusters at first. HAHAHAHA of course they brought a blow up mattress and have a good woohoo in the empty lab. Love it. Right on brand for our two favorite horndogs :) And yay for shower woohoos, as you can see from my update today, Jules and Emmett have been enjoying that feature too ;)

I didn't really pay attention to the times that Jules got possessed again, though I do feel like it was often at night. Interesting thing to take note of in the future though!

Glad the overlays and hair worked for you! It will be fun to see Jules looking like herself in your game if she ever decides to show up. I really don't see your sims much anymore. Enrolling them in university was the best hack to actually see them around without any effort (I mean, aside from the effort of enrolling them all in uni :D) They are Jules' neighbors now, and I still rarely see them. It's a shame that more random townies seem to spawn in an area rather than the people who actually live in a neighborhood...

I'm glad you enjoyed my corny mush. Get ready, there's a lot of it coming HAHA. I've waited five months for this ;)

@IllusoryThrall
    Oh man, I hope things start looking up for Jaz soon and she starts feeling more confident, poor kid <3

@miss_eulenauge
    Congrats to Sarah and Greg on nooboo number 4! I have never played a family with more than two kids seriously (I've created families with lots of kids, but I tend to barely play them) so kudos to you for braving a large family! I know some people love playing that way though. It will be fun for your challenge sim to have such a big family too. I do love it when our sims have friends and family to connect with as they fulfill aspirations and explore the world :)

@Hermitgirl
    Nice to have Rubanoid "borrow" one of the military trucks to transport Lenny and Roxanne home. It's really sweet, the affection that Rubanoid is feeling toward Roxanne. I'm growing rather attached to them as an oddly charming couple now <3 Excellent work with this mystery and story telling this month too, which I know I've said before, but it's true :)

@SoulGal7
    Oh man, dramaaaaa!!! I knew as soon as Sakura left that ultrasound photo on the counter that Wolfgang was gonna see it and assume the worst. So as far as your backstory goes, has Kaori been pregnant for a while, or has Kiyoshi fallen back into his cheating ways??? I guess we're not supposed to know yet...just thinking out loud. Nice idea using the no CC images from the gallery for an ultrasound photo too! I forget about those - I tend to just resort to downloading CC too quickly sometimes haha. Did Wolfgang come pre-made with a tattoo, or did you give him one? Just noticing this now haha, sorry if you addressed this in an earlier post. And oh man, it broke me to see Wolfgang's reaction over suspecting that Sakura was pregnant - he doesn't even know how to hope for a future without her :( They have to get this sorted out soon. Hopefully they can properly talk sooner rather than later.
    edited May 2021
    More comments coming later today...just thought I would do a few...Have a great day/night everyone!

@permanentrose - Deck the halls
    I love that painting that Emmett is working on. So cute :) lol Yes, the muscles! hehehe I think it's funny that when they are a teen, they are so lanky and then when they do a bit of exercise as a YA, suddenly, those muscles! lol I think it's hilarious, but, oh yah, I can appreciate the muscles...hehehe...haha...and the shower woohoo...lol Jules...so naughty ;) Love the matching pjs for Jules and Ruby. And it was goodnight...ahhh...Nice update.

@miss_eulenauge - Update 15 -
    Sarah is preggers again. Is this our challenge sims? lol These two...I am going to take out showers, double beds, leaf piles and anything else that they can woohoo in. lol They need to have some other activities...hehehe Just kidding. Love the daily bathroom shot, like @Ellupelluellu's daily fishing shots (for awhile).
    edited May 2021
    @SoulGal7 No, still not our challenge Sim. But I only have to explain one more Woohoo until we have the challenge Sim!
    The Challenger will be Baby #5.
    Edit: But thank you for reminding me about the leaf pile. :)

@permanentrose It is going to get interesting, that's for sure. Should be manageable though, one day at a time. I'm comforting myself with the thought that the two oldest ones are almost teenagers already and are going to move out soonish, so... :D
    edited May 2021
    @permanentrose - answers to your question regarding my chapters -
    No, Kiyoshi has not resorted to his cheating ways, but as they say...it just takes one time...so, yeah, when he messed around with Kaori in the showers, she became preggers. And I also did some research on Olympic skiers who had been pregnant while competing, so it is plausible. (lol - me and my research). And yes, I gave Wolfgang a tattoo, and when they were doing their chat messages when Sakura was sick at the dorm, I found a muscle one with a heart tattoo, and it fit so well. lol (It will come out later what it says, but yeah, Sakura doesn't really see him shirtless, but you can guess who's name he has tattooed on his arm with the heart.) :)
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    edited May 2021
    Mia Patina
    May 18

Week 3 Wednesday

2021-05-09-06_36_16-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    I am going to keep the list of Mia going at the top of each post so I can keep up with where she is at. The first section is what she still has remaining.
    • Complete Whiz Kid
    • Reach the top of Drama Club (level 2/4)
    • Collect Voidcritter cards
    • Collect Decorative Eggs (holiday scheduled Spring Monday)
    • Improve Character Values (all 5 positive values if possible)
    The second section is what she has completed.
    • Top-Notch Toddler
    • Completed Artistic Prodigy
    • Completed Rambunctious Scamp
    • Reached the top of the Scouts
    • Earned A in elementary school
    • Complete Social Butterfly
    2021-05-09-06_37_45-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia has the day off from school, so she is going to work on Voidcritters now. She purchases 50 booster packs and finds 15/20 unique cards. She also has to learn new lines before Drama Club today at 3:30. She may get the day off from school, but not from drama club.
    2021-05-09-06_41_06-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Eli is up and running. Not really, since apparently toddlers don’t run any more. Although he can’t run yet, he wouldn’t run if he could.
    2021-05-09-06_32_04-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Eli is getting the chance to work on several of his skills today, both thinking and potty are improved.
    2021-05-09-06_46_31-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Sibling bonding time. Not really, but they are both cute.
    2021-05-09-06_48_41-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye works on her daily video recording. She is about halfway between celebrity level 2 and 3 and slowly picking up points. Very slowly, but then it shouldn’t be too easy.
    2021-05-09-06_49_40-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia masters photography to along with her four mastered childhood skills. And counting her mastered toddler skills, she is shaping up nicely. She also gets several pictures of the landscape that she can take with her when she moves out. I am going to let her take whatever she can fit into her personal inventory and only enough to purchase her first empty lot when she moves out as a teen.
    2021-05-09-06_53_51-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Jake takes the morning to teach her manners and how to say sorry.
    2021-05-09-07_03_45-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia is not impressed with the lessons and is slowly opening voidcritter booster packs while he talks. She buys a second set of 50 and only finds two more unique cards. Now she has 17/20 and is hoping to get the last three in the next set. One session each of manners and sorry and she is halfway to earning the trait.
    2021-05-09-07_05_15-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

I was hoping to send Mia to school at the end of the day to trigger new homework but she wouldn’t go. The button was broken. So tomorrow she will go to school to get the last homework she needs, and because she is out of vacation days.
    2021-05-09-07_09_43-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Eli masters the potty and almost masters communication. He was tired and cranky so Skye put him to bed early.
    2021-05-09-07_10_07-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

The play bug. Jake is out to head out to work and Eli wanted to play before he left. So there was this. in the background Mia is completing a spring crafts project she had started in the other house so that she can clear the art table.
    2021-05-09-07_11_08-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia does get to go to drama club and she earns another promotion, this time to level 3 Practical Performer. She is definitely quitting once she has reached the top because going to club everyday is just about as irritating as going to school every day.
    2021-05-09-07_12_47-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye goes into the labor and gives birth to…
    2021-05-09-07_13_56-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

While Skye is in labor, Mia is working on learning her lines so hopefully she can get the last drama club promotion tomorrow.
    2021-05-09-07_16_37-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

And it is twins… Rey (girl) and Rex (boy).
    2021-05-09-07_18_13-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia heads in to meet her newest siblings (happy again), and while she is there she feeds the dust bunny and he finds her some money. After this Skye and Jake clean the house and vacuum up all the dust bunnies.
    2021-05-09-07_19_28-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Jake is just joining the party. He realizes that Skye has given birth and runs in to see his new babies. And with that, another day is done.
    2021-05-09-07_23_23-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Post edited by sassytxbrat on
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    @sassytxbrat Whoa! Twins! Mia is nicely on her way with the achievements... Still, I was NOT expecting this family to get so big. And Unplanned too, how often can Risky Woohoo get one family?! (What percentage do you have it at?) Good thing that you were planning on leaving them when Mia moves out in June already! :D
    @SoulGal7
    Thanks for that clarification - just wasn’t sure what kind of timeline you were using for pregnancies in your story and if it was plausible that the shower messing around was the proper timing for Kaori to be pregnant. Well I suspect with a baby in the picture, Kiyoshi might want to stand by Kaori’s side and might end up getting back together with her - which would help pave the way for Wolfgang and Sakura to end up together.

Also thanks for the comments on my story. I took Emmett’s body skin overlay off since it didn’t properly display muscles, so now you all can see his growing muscles in all their glory. He might be as ripped as Josh or Malcolm or Wolfgang after his time in the army - though at some point I may tone him down in CAS since Jules and I both like him a little scrawnier lol 😂

@sassytxbrat
    Wow, that family is growing rapidly! I’m enjoying having just one kid in my family...for now. Risky woohoo is gonna throw me for a loop eventually I’m sure lol
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    @miss_eulenauge
    it is set at 20%. But because they are young adult (I guess) it is acting more like 50%. she gets pregnant every other time they woohoo.

@permanentrose
    I am about ready to move Mia out and play a single sim household. I have played through the 23rd, so just another week of play and she will be ready. I am still trying to find a reason for her to move out as a teen but she is going one way or another on June 1st.
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    @sassytxbrat
    Thank you for the percentage, I might use that to finetune my MCC. About the Reason to move out (not replied to me, sorry) - I was thinking about that too, to keep myself from getting bored with the no-challenge-Sim-Situation :D
    If you want to share your ideas a bit or something, I'd be up to that (here or in Discord or something) :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top