Have you ever admired those who start a New Year doing a one photo per day contest? I have, but I've never tried it. I had an idea pop into my head on New Years Eve for a challenge similar to those, only using TS4. So I put together something on the fly and I hope it works out. I'm calling it the One Month One World One Year
Challenge. It's a work in progress, but one thing will always stay the same. I will post one photo of my Sim's adventures during a gaming session per real life day for 2021.
Basic Rules/Guidelines: *Note
- Work in Progress, subject to change. Updated May 13, 2021
- One Photo post Per Real Life Day on the forum in this thread
- One World per Real Life month *Note - See schedule of Worlds in spoiler below
- After every three Real Life months has passed, my Sim will age up. *Note - Timeline posted in spoiler below
- My Sim will start out Rags to Riches style. *Note - Optional: May use 20K starting funds and your Teen may take odd jobs and/or have a part-time job.
- Aging off until it's time to age up.
- The first World will be Mt. Komorebi, progressing backwards in time as packs were released, with one exception. The last world will be Sulani where my Sim will retire as an elder. *Note - Newcrest may be designated a 'neutral' world and venues placed there for your Sim to use at your discretion. Optional: You may use Worlds in any order, but I suggest Britechester (if you own the Discover Univerity EP) as the World to live in when your Teen ages up to a Young Adult so they may attend University to fulfill the world aspiration.
Vacation worlds are not used in this challenge as your Sim can't properly live there without a Mod, only rent for up to a week at a time. Optional: Sims may take a vacation if they have enough simoleans. However, rental lots in residential worlds should not be used until the world where they have been placed has been previously played.
- Any aspirations released with a world will be the priority aspiration(s) to be fulfilled first. If none are available, a base game aspiration will be chosen. May also choose a base game aspiration if you have finished aspirations that came with a world where your Sim is currently living. *Note - May also aspiration hop if you wish to build Satisfaction points. I just prefer to do only the aspirations for the current world one at a time.
- My Sim may marry and have children. Aging up children is at your discretion. If I plan to continue the challenge, I will make sure the 'heir' is at least a teen before the end of the year. A Teen 'heir' may carry on the challenge starting in 2022 and begin with any aspirations not fulfilled. IF, I actually make it that far!
- Your challenge Sim MUST be a Teen to officially begin this challenge and post on the thread. The only cheating allowed will be during the Teen lifespan if they are in danger of flunking school and could be taken away. This cheating entails buying school projects and/or increasing their grade. But these two things should only be done after all vacation days have been taken, their grade has dropped from low performance or a warning is given. Optional: Teen may go to school
- The beginning of each new month/world may start from scratch Rags to Riches style. Optional: My Sim may keep any personal possessions they want, sell the rest and bulldoze the house. They will then use simoleans from the sale and accumulated household funds to build or download from the Gallery a new house in the new world.
- If my Sim dies at any point, it's game over unless a spouse or offspring is available to bring them back to life. Optional: Oldest child or Spouse may continue the challenge. OR You may bring back your Sim by not saving or using a prior save to continue the challenge instead.
- Occult states may be removed after they have left the world where those aspirations were fulfilled.
- If a new world is released with a new pack any time during 2021, I have the option to swap that world with another prior released world. If that happens, any offspring will continue with the exchanged world in 2022 first.
- I'll give myself a break if I miss any days due to internet outages, vacations/holidays or sickness. In those cases, I'll try to post one photo for every missed real life day the next day possible.
- Extra photos may be posted here in a spoiler at the end of the daily post or in the Last Screenshot or Favorite Screenshot threads. But the main One Photo Per Real Life Day for the challenge will always be posted here along with a (hopefully) short synopsis of the prior night/day's gameplay session progress.
- Rags to Riches Teens may use cell phones at your discretion.
- Autonomy Off *Note - Optional: May use any Autonomy setting you wish
- May travel to other worlds for Festivals, Dates, Parties, etc. But, only if invited. *Note - Optional: Only allowed if the world where the activity is happening has already been played.
- Any Satisfaction points earned may be used to buy and use any reward traits, with the exception of the Money tree seed.
- While teens do not participate in the Lottery, YA, Adult and Elder lifespans are not allowed to buy a ticket either.
- Beginning season and the length of days is your choice. I started in Summer with a 14 day season length.
- May participate in all default Holidays, (except Lottery) modify them, and/or add your own. I might modify Harvestfest before it happens to remove the Gnomes part of this holiday. This is optional for anyone else trying the challenge.
- Other participants may post their Daily posts here in the thread, or a link to your preferred Blog site.
Aspirations Progress Chart: - Credit to @mcrudd
Worlds and Age Up Timeline: *Note
- Subject to change if any new Worlds are released with new packs:
Beginning Age: Teen
January - Mt. Komorebi
February - Windenburg *Note - I switched around Windenburg and Evergreen Harbor so Tessa could have an aspiration Teens can complete.
March - Glimmerbrook *Note - I switched around Glimmerbrook and Britechester so Tessa would be a Young Adult when she lives there and can attend University.
April 1st: Age up to Young Adult
April - Britechester
May - Strangerville
June - Del Sol Valley
July 1st: Age up to Adult
July - Evergreen Harbor *Note - Switched with Brindleton Bay by Request
August - Forgotten Hollow
September - San Myshuno
October 1st: Age up to Elder
October - Brindleton Bay
November - Choice of; Oasis Springs, Willow Creek or Newcrest if not designated a neutral world.
December - Sulani, retiring after completing the Beach Life aspiration
Challenge End Date: December 31, 2021
Links to My Daily Posts by Month:JANUARY
Links to other Simmers Day 1 Challenge Post and Blogs:@SoulGal7
with Sakura Li@Hermitgirl
with Roxanne Newbury@Skeilah
with Bryon Ellison
with Melody Connors@Kanindota
with River Funke-Townes
with Jules Warner@lilypadmeulin
with Jenny Proserpin@AnnoyingTiger
with Astrid Scott & Pumpkin
with Jazmyn Malone
with Jackson Rider@miss_eulenauge
with Amelia Britton@sassytxbrat
with Mia Patina
Gallery Links to Challenge Sims:
Essa Ellington aka Tessa Tyler
aka Vanessa Varela by @Karababy52Sakura Li
by @SoulGal7Melody Connors
by @EllupelluelluBryon Ellison
by @SkeilahJules Warner
for @permanentroseRoxanne Newbury
by @HermitgirlJenny Proserpin
River Funke-Townes by @KanindotaAstrid Scott
by @AnnoyingTigerJazmyn Malone
by @IllusoryThrallJackson Rider
by @LegacySims2017Mia Patina
Here's my Sim for the challenge and the Day 1 Photo:
Essa Ellington aka Tessa Tyler aka Vanessa Varela - Teen
Genius, Loves OutdoorsBeginning Aspiration(s):
Extreme Sports Enthusiast and then will do Mt. Komorebi Sightseer, if there's enough time left in the month.World:
6-4-1 Hanamigawa (Premade house/lot bulldozed)Household Funds:
014 Day Seasons:
Beginning season - Summer (Wednesday)January: Day 1 Notes (they're long, but I'll try to keep notes going forward much shorter):
Tessa has been fishing to earn simoleans so far, but she was gifted a Simi (Iggy Fabulous) by forest spirits worth 100 simoleans. She used the public restroom in the Bamboo forest and I happened to see them so she ran over and made a wish. She's been buying food from a vendor since no harvestables were available yet. So far she's found one plant each of the following; mushroom, pear, snapdragon, strawberry and chrysanthemum. Only the chrysanthemums are in season and have grown so far. She harvested 3 seeds and planted them.
She also bought a package of starter fruit seeds when she was hungry and the vendor was closed. The package contained 3 grape seeds and 6 plantains. I had her plant one of the plantains and eat the rest. She'll save the grapes for Fall along with all the other plants available in the world for that season. Tessa also fished up a Bonsai bud and planted that too.
She was too busy to greet the Welcome Wagon and now the neighbors don't like her.
Oh well. She met a teen male Sim (Kyoshi Ito?) while fishing and got to know him a little by cloud-gazing, but then had to run off to go pee. I'm sure she'll see him again. She's good friends now with a YA, my Super Sim Josh Hunter, who was fishing when she arrived one day. She asked him to mentor her since he is Level 10 in fishing. She has the 'Impressed' sentiment for him now. She's at Level 5 in fishing so far.
Her first purchases besides the starter fruit package was a poo hoo bush and a portable shower. She's been sleeping on a bench near her lot. The next goal is to get her a bed. So far she's carrying a C in school and has been doing her homework everyday. She has 3 vacation days to use at some point.
The only thing she's done for the first aspiration milestone so far is buy a remedy or deterrent from a vending machine. I think it was a bug spray. Whatever is the first cheapest thing offered for 20 simoleans. I don't remember. I'm hoping she'll have shelter before the first thunderstorm. I don't see one on the calendar so far, so I think she has awhile before that happens.
I'm open to suggestions for changes/modifications or additional ideas for this challenge if anyone would like to share them! You can post them here in the thread or send me a PM. Thanks and if you try this challenge yourself, Good luck!. Have fun!
Happy New Year and Happy Simming!