Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Sorry at @Ellupelluellu forgot to reply to you!

Great shots of all the celebrities - I always find it entertaining to see sims react to famous sims and see who refuses autographs. And of course Malcolm vandalized the sidewalk star and Melody cleaned it up :D This is a trend in their relationship I see...also always funny to see who the game makes the model for that uni art event, Mortimer looks like he’s really getting into it haha
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Meet Myles
    04-26-21_11-38-20-am.jpg
    Myles Malone: by the time Myles came along, the perfect little family trio was already beginning to shatter. Bennie was no longer the “perfect dad” and he had long since stopped pretending to be one. Instead, he had begun his quest to find the perfect get-rich-quick scheme. The one that would never end… because that doesn’t exactly exist. Marnie, however, had given up on making Benji the PERFECT son… and decided she would give herself a “do-over” with her next child. So, without discussing it with Bennie, she quit taking her birth control, and set about having another child to dote on.
    04-26-21_11-41-12-am.jpg
    Enter Myles. Mostly ignored by his father because he doesn’t seem to know how to get into trouble, and doted on by his mother because he seems to be the PERFECT little boy she had always wanted. As he grew up, he somehow thrived in and amongst this dysfunctional family. He didn’t seem to mind the hand me down thrift clothes, the parade of dirty apartments to live in, or the looks the other kids at school gave him. He never bothered with making friends, because he had all the support he felt he needed in his over-protective and super-supportive mother.
    04-26-21_11-39-13-am.jpg
    Day by day, he continued proving Marnie correct. He always did all his homework, and got the grades to prove it. He helped with the chores in the house, and seemed to ignore – and not even care – about the teasing and abuse he got from both his father and his older brother. Eventually, the two of them decided there was something wrong with young Myles… and they just began to ignore him in return.
    04-26-21_11-51-21-am.jpg
    Somehow, Myles had figured out how to carve out the perfect life for himself in and amongst the wreckage of the lives around him. How long this will last, however… is anyone’s guess…
    04-26-21_11-59-41-am.jpg
    mylesoutfits.jpg
    myles.jpg
    (Stay tuned, tomorrow we meet the next kid!)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    April26
    gPiSWjx.png
    On Sunday Roxanne and Rubanoid went on a date. It's fun watching Rubanoid. He's hadn't even hit enhancement level 1 so his durability is pretty bad... looks like he will need a tune up pretty much everyday for now. I'll let you know any significant enhancements that happen but that will be mostly what the work will be for him for awhile. He also depletes his charge pretty quick and it's not like I can use a needs potion on him... so he'll be standing in the corner pretty often (that's what happened on his wedding night he came home with no charge left). His traits are active, genius and of course erratic. I could change them but I've decided to stick with what he came with.
    on1o4bu.png
    The scanning animation is cute...
    ZXsRt8a.png
    They became BFF. They both started on the Soul Mate Aspiration.... Unfortunately Clement is no longer Roxanne's BFF. I'm sure he'll win a place in her life again eventually!
    YnEDrYG.png
    usmW6nv.png
    Tune ups .... tune ups... tune ups!
    UwE3F3e.png
    If you think you're gonna flirt with the computer all day when Roxanne is at work or school you got another thing coming mister!
    I'll do the response to everyone's posts tonight!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    April 26
    kacdHjG.png

Bryons Diary
    Yup. Party is over, and there’s a lot to clean... But I'm not really busy with that right now.

nOXMjXJ.png
    I’m graduated, so it’s time for me to start searching a job. Yep, that’s what I’m doing instead of cleaning. As I’m scrolling through the job application website, Johnny walks out in his PJ’s. Right, I almost forgot he slept over here.

(Johnny) “Good morning, sunshine! What are you doing?”
    (Bryon) “Ah, I’m searching a job. It’s time for me to start working now that I have my degree, you know.”
    (Johnny) “Right! Did you find something already?”

Sg4lzeM.png
    (Bryon) “I bumped into this temporary job as a computer engineer. The company is located in Strangerville, but this job is for work from home. Hey, Isn’t Strangerville the place you have your military service?”
    (Johnny) “It is! What a coincidence!"

IfCJaPE.png
    (Bryon) “How long until your military service is over?”
    (Johnny) “Just May and then it’s done. It’ll be less rough than previous month. I’ll have more free time and I can actually go home after my shift. Jess and I are already looking for a place to live there.”
    (Bryon) “Oh. You’re gonna stay in Strangerville?”

nwmbXxK.png
    (Johnny) “Not sure yet. It’s beautiful over there, but most of the people are... So weird.”
    (Bryon) “What do you mean?”

PHXfNae.png
    (Johnny) “I can’t really say much about it, but rumour goes that aliens took over the Strangerville Laboratorium and are now taking over the city by ‘possessing’ people. We’re trying to find out what’s happening behind the doors of the lab, but we can’t go past some kind of blue mist unless the scientists find a way to make a Hazmat suit, and--”
    (Bryon) “Heh, I thought you couldn’t say too much about it?”
    (Johnny) “Oh no! Did I say too much? Argh, I'm going to get fired!”
    (Bryon) “No worries, your stories are safe with me.”

*ding*

QTeMngC.png
    (Bryon) “Oh! I got mail! I can start working for the company in Strangerville from home! I already got an assignment!”
    (Johnny) “Whoa, just like that?! Amazing!!”
    (Bryon) “I gotta text Naoki!”

Later...

8WmdyLn.png
    Johnny and I cleaned the house together.

(Bryon) “Why do parties always make such a mess...”
    (Johnny) “We got this! Your house will be clean again in no-time!”

KSw33Zg.png
    After the cleaning-up, Johnny dressed himself back in his army-suit and told me that he would crash at Jess’ place for the rest of the week. He promised me to visit once again before going back to Strangerville.

ZBclhZL.png
    After my breakfast, I went to sit behind the computer again.

1CrKWg1.png
    (Bryon) “So, let’s take a look to that assignment... I need to... Guest speak at a Computer Engineering Class?”

XRkmYP7.png
    (Bryon) “Heh, I guess they know that my house is basically in front of college. Let's do this!”

oNxZCin.png
    After the guest college, I decided to travel to the Foxbury Commons. I still know they have a Robotic Workstation there. Since my own Workstation will only be delivered tomorrow, I decided to do my preparations for tomorrow here.

5ZbvzH0.png
    Before I knew it, it was getting dark outside... Oops. Time to go home. Naoki must miss me. Well, at least I’m ready for my first day of actual working tomorrow. My skills are on point! (Meaning, Bryon can go for a promotion already)
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose
    lilsimsie has some really good builds, but she tends to lean toward blue suburbans quite a bit. When she builds something out of her comfort zone, they tend to stand out, like that yellow Victorian. Although, she did still furnish it in her normal style. There's a yellow Victorian on the outskirts of my town that I've been meaning to build similar to this, so perhaps that's why I really like it.

Good idea fixing up Strangerville. The default houses there are so sad on the inside. I like the construction of the Victorians on the outside, but that's it. I've actually renovated the Library a little myself, and I think I did the bar too, but I don't remember. I had renovated the wrecked airplane lot, but bulldozed it thinking I'd use that lot for Essa, but realized it's way too big for them. So it sits empty now. In the trailer park, I have an underground bunker that my first Hero, Ridge Everest lived in. That's it! Every other lot is empty and most of the premades are gone too except for maybe The Eclectics and I think George Cahill. I'd have to look to be 100% sure though.

Thank you about the renovations I've made so far. I think those Victorians on the Plateau are intended to be Southwestern style, but don't quote me on that. :D Aww, thanks for saying that about my builds. I enjoy building. :) Curious to see Jules' house. I'm guessing it's going to be a bit rustic for some reason. ;)

I'm hoping Brittany can't somehow squirm her way out cheating by using her feminine wiles and Emmett takes her back. I'm guessing that would be a big NO though. ;)

@IllusoryThrall

Hmm, so now a 'good' child enters the arena, Myles. Interesting how his living conditions and family dynamics doesn't bother him. I'm guessing his doting Mother plays a big part in that. Who knows what'll happen once he becomes a Teen though. We shall see! ;)

@Hermitgirl
    Such a cute daily post pic. Love it! Those heart eyes make me smile. :) Haven't seen Frank get those yet. Oh man, I feel your pain for Rubanoid always needing a Tune-up and frequent recharging. Frank was the same way until he got some more enhancements. I think he's Level 3 now, not sure. He still needs a tune-up and to recharge quite a bit, but it's gotten better. I didn't know robots can't drink the Plentiful Needs potion. Well, that's a bummer! I kept Frank's aspiration and traits too. I don't remember his traits at the moment, but he has the Master Actor aspiration.

Aww, they're BFFs! Love that and that they are both going for the Soulmates aspiration now. Yes, Clement will get over it. :D HAHA Rubanoid flirts with the computer! That's hilarious! Frank just chats with it, so far. ;)

@Skeilah
    Nice that Johnny stayed over after the party. Opps! He sure wasn't shy about spilling military secrets. LOL I'm sure it's cool though, Bryon won't say anything. Nice segue for moving next month. Congrats to Bryon for completing the aspiration! I didn't know they could take a part-time or Freelance job to fulfill that. Good to know! Great Johnny helped him clean up the party mess too. Nice that his first work task was doing something so close by where they live. Love that he will be making things on the Robotic station as well. Will Bryon make a Servo? Just curious. :)
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl
    Did I miss your post about Roxanne graduating? Sorry if I did - I just saw you said "job" in your post today, and then realized she had probably graduated already and I just didn't see that in one of your posts. Anyway, she and Rubanoid are so quirky and cute. Your updates are always so entertaining - you play the sims in the way I used to before I started storytelling so much haha. I used to try to do weird and fun stuff like marrying a robot just to try it all the time, so I really enjoy seeing Roxanne explore all the fun things in game, like having mannequin friends and being roommates (for a time) with the Grim Reaper.

@Skeilah
    Nice idea to have Bryon start working from home in a job based in Strangerville. That works out perfectly :) I've never done the engineering career with any of my sims - one day I'll have to try it out! Is it one of those careers that you can actually choose to work from home daily? I like those ones, sometimes even more than the active careers like detective, since you can do work and other stuff too with those choose to work from home jobs. Johnny is totally giving away too much, lol, but it's important to set the stage for next month, and Bryon is responsible and reliable, so I'm sure he won't get Johnny in trouble. Strangerville is gonna be so fun for you next month, with this crazy alien backstory you have going :)

@IllusoryThrall
    Nice that one member of the family seems happy and resilient so far!

@Karababy52
    The library lot I downloaded is really cool and very different from the original - I'm pretty excited about it actually. I'm actually really excited for this month. Since I've only played the mystery once and haven't really hung out in Strangerville much, I think I'm gonna discover a lot about this pack and the mystery that I missed the first time around.

I briefly considered having Emmett give Brittany a second chance, but I just couldn't do it...my update tomorrow deals more with all that, but I decided it was time for Emmett to sever ties with Brittany and truly realize how important Jules is to him. It would just really start to undermine his feelings for Jules if he kept going back to awful Brittany and couldn't let go of her...I've been waiting to get rid of her forever now. I actually had that wedding update planned all the way back in March, haha.

Also, I forgot to mention this morning when I commented, but is that "exciting event" their wedding? I wasn't sure how long you were gonna wait to do that :)
  • Options
    @permanentrose
    Can't wait to see it! I just changed some colors and added a few things to mine, like more computers for one thing. I actually love the Strangerville pack, especially the world. I think it's one of the most beautiful, along with Sulani and Jungle Adventure. Though I think Granite Falls, Windenburg, Brindleton Bay and Snowy Escape are beautiful too.

Yay! So happy to hear that Emmett and Jules will finally be getting together. :) No, Josh and Essa won't be getting married any time soon, it's something else. ;)
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    It's still gonna be like a million years before Emmett and Jules actually get together :D But they are both single for the first time in this challenge, so it's coming, slowly but surely...

I'm very curious about this event now, is it something you've hinted at or it is a surprise? Trying to think about what it could be...
  • Options
    @permanentrose
    I'm just happy they will get together at all, doesn't matter how long. :) HAHA! Uh, sorry? I don't want to spoil anything, so I'm 🤐
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited April 2021
    The University Tour will be in two parts.

March 28 - University Tour - University of Britechester

britechester-near-the-commons.png
    The bus dropped off the group in front of Laurel Library, in the town of Britechester, Situated at the top of Gibbs Hill, Laurel Library was between the two universities, which made it easily accessible to both campuses. Although they wouldn't have time to see everything, the tour encompassed a wide variety of campus life.

the-bus-dropped-them-off-in-front-of-the-library.png

They decided to take a photo together in front of the impressive building.

photo-in-front-of-library.png

roxanne-on-her-bike.png

saw-jules-riding-her-bike-ontour.png

(Spotted Roxanne and Jules across from the library.)

The entrance had a small table to the left and a chess table to the right, and of course, rows and rows of bookshelves overflowing with books. The librarian was waiting for them, and once everyone was there, she started the tour.

they-met-the-lirbarian-who-was-giving-them-a-tour.png

She brought them to an area to the left, and told them that this was a private study room, where students could get together to study for finals or do homework. She mentioned that the Brainiacs met here for their study sessions. Wolfgang asked if anyone could join, and the librarian nodded, and said they could as long as they were Foxbury students.

study-room.png

They continued the tour and walked to the right, where there were some computers and something called an Electromagnetic Research Archive Machine (ERAM). With the ERAM, you could research topics. Wolfgang and Sakura sat down and decided to give it a try. Sakura chose Logic vs Instinct and Wolfgang looked up A.I. in Robotics.

research-machines.png

For those who were interested, the librarian was conducting a special tour of the older archives, which housed some of Princess Cordelia's private diaries. Some of the students decided to stay, but Wolfgang and Sakura decided that they would view those another time, as they were anxious to visit the campuses.

library-up.png

Sakura had to use the facilities and Wolfgang told her he would wait for her outside. Wolfgang saw River in front of the library and went to talk to him.

River: "Wolfgang, bro, I've been checking out the housing situation. Just found a great place and a bunch of us are going to rent it together. Just down the hill, and you can bike to campus. You should see this place...it's gonna be party central! You got a place yet?"

Wolfgang:"No, not yet. I'm thinking of living on campus in the dorms."

River: "The dorms, huh? I heard that they're all co-ed, and that they have open showers...oh man, I almost want to live in the dorms, now..."

party-times-ahead-oh-yeah.png

Wolfgang laughed, "Well, if you live in the dorms, your food on campus is free, too..."

River: "Food, huh? Bro...what I want to know is are you and Sakura going to be in the same dorm? You could do some...um...water conservation in the showers...if you know what I mean..."

Wolfgang gave River a look, "Sakura doesn't know what university she's going to yet...and we...um...I mean...it's not like that between us..."

you-gotta-tell-her-dude.png

River: "Sure, bro...but, Wolfgang...seriously...you need to tell Sakura how you feel about her, and if she's stuck on that Kiyoshi dude...then, bro, you need to look elsewhere...and elsewhere is around every corner here on campus. Have you seen these uni chicks? They are all hotties...I mean look at this one coming now...oh my plumbobs...she's making a beeline straight for you, bro..."

im-new-here-where-is-the-library.png

River winked at Wolfgang, and said he had to head out, and left Wolfgang with the somewhat dazed uni student.

Elaina: "Oh hi...I'm Elaina...do you go here?"

Wolfgang: "Well, not yet...I'm just touring the campus today..."

Elaina: "Oh...I thought you were on the soccer team...because your muscles are just so HUGE..."

oh-hi-do-you-go-here.png

Wolfgang laughed a bit embarrassed, "No...not on the soccer team..."

Elaina: "That's too bad, because I'd go to every game if you were playing..." she said as she batted her eyes at him.

When Sakura came outside and looked around, she saw Wolfgang surrounded by a group of female students. Wolfgang was quite relieved to see her and told the students he had to go.

Sakura: "Well, it seems you are popular on campus already..." she smirked.

when-sakura-came-back-from-the-restrooms-wolf-had-a-whole-group-of-girls-around-him.png

Wolfgang: "Yeah, I guess...but it was so weird...they all wanted to feel my muscles..."

Sakura: "Oh, is that right? You must have gained some when you did all that rock climbing the other day..." she laughed.

Wolfgang: "What are you talking about? I had muscles before...I did..." he laughed and they walked over to the University of Britechester together for lunch.

bryon-walking-by-the-libruary.png

(Spotted Bryon leaving the library.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ubrite-campus-rev-2.png

Wolfgang read from the Ubrite campus map: "The University of Britechester is an older university with a prestigious heritage. It used to be a private academy and was designed in part by Princess Cordelia."

Sakura: "This looks just like those pictures on-line. What a gorgeous campus," she said, as she looked around in awe.

Wolfgang consulted the UBrite campus map again, "This looks like Darby's Den, which is the UBrite Commons. Let's head inside for some lunch."

heading-for-lunch.png

But, before they had a chance, a group of students came up to them.

met-members-of-the-debtate-team-at-ubrite.png

Debate student: "Hey, are you both coming to Britechester? You need to check out the Debate Guild. Best Organization on Campus! We're having a mixer at Pepper's Pub this week, if you want to come and find out more about us."

(Spotted Astrid in the background.)

wolf-seemed-rather-popular.png

Sakura: "Thanks, we're just touring today, but yeah, that sounds like fun. Is it open to all students?"

Debate student: "Just for University of Britechester students. Foxbury Institute has their own organizations. Have you picked your major yet?"

Sakura: "I'm still thinking about it..."

Debate Student: "Well, you know, if you choose Communications, History, Language, Psychology, or Economics, being on the Debate Guild gives you extra credit."

Sakura: "Oh, okay, well, thanks..." she said as she and Wolfgang entered Darby's Den.

like-the-vibe.png

The building was small, but cozy, and Sakura immediately loved the view it had of the river and suggested they eat outside. In front of them, was a small area with some chairs and a microphone, which Sakura later learned was for Poetry Reading Night, and along the far side were some study tables, computers, ERAMs, and some podium stands that were used by the Debate Guild to practice their debates. Sakura saw Essa at the study tables and said hi, but Essa seemed to be engrossed in a deep conversation with a professor.

debating-team.png

essa-chatting-with-a-prof.png

They headed to the right, which is where the cafeteria was, and Wolfgang chose a burrito and Sakura chose a taco. They headed outside to eat.

eating-lunch-a-ubrite.png

they-enjoyed-lunch-outside.png

While Sakura ate her taco, she looked at Wolfgang and thought about the group of female students who had surrounded him in front of the library. She had to admit, she did feel a twinge of jealousy when she saw the one student openly flirting with him. But what was she to do? Wolfgang wasn't her boyfriend, and he had the right to flirt or date anyone he wanted. And yet, thinking of Wolfgang with someone else just made her feel...it made her feel...

she-jsut-felt-sad.png

Wolfgang interrupted her thoughts, consulting the UBrite campus map, "Sakura, the dorm tour starts in about 20 minutes, and it looks like Darkwing House is right across from the stadium. That will give us time to explore a bit before we have to be there..."

ubrite.png

Sakura quickly finished her taco and said she was ready to go. On the way, they took a photo in front of the University of Britechester statue. Wolfgang also told Sakura that the buildings on either side were the larger dorms, called Drake House, and Wyvern House.

UBRITE-DORMS.png

They walked along and Sakura admired all the buildings and was so impressed with all the architecture. The campus really appealed to her, but she still wanted to see Foxbury campus before she made a decision.

jenny-on-uni-grounds.png

(Spotted Jenny taking a walk around the university grounds)

BRITECHESTER-STADIUM.png

They walked past the stadium, which seemed to have been pranked by some Foxbury students. And not much further was Darkwing House. Wolfgang read from the UBrte campus map: "The cottage sitting on the edge of campus is rumored to once be the home of Felix Psyded, founder of the University of Britechester." It was a small, converted house, which housed eight students, and they headed inside. They heard someone call out to them, and they went into a small study room to the left of the entrance.

one-of-the-smaller-residences.png

Ashaya: "Hi, welcome to Darkwing House. I'm Ashaya Chauhan, and I'll be giving you a tour today. You'll also have a chance to meet some of the other students. Are you both interested in Britechester, because we still have one room available with two beds."

met-one-of-the-residents.png

Sakura: "Actually, Wolfgang will be going to Foxbury, and I haven't decided which university I want to go to yet."

sakura-autonomous-action-to-wolf.png

(Sakura autonomously blew Wolfgang a kiss.)

Ashaya: "Yeah Foxbury...I was in Economics at Foxbury for a semester, but I changed my major and I really like the program I'm in now," he turned to Sakura, "Sakura... that's a nice name...Japanese, is it? I'm only asking because I am studying Japanese Festivals in History right now. Have you been to the Festival of Light? It must be quite a sight with all those lanterns floating on the water..."

Sakura smiled, "Yes, I have been, and it is indeed very pretty. One of my favorite festivals..."

living-room-area.png

Ashaya showed them around. There were two bedrooms on the first floor, a full bath, a galley kitchen, a living/dining area, and a tv room at the back. The room he was in was the study room. They met another student, Haych Akana, who was taking Languages and Literature.

lang-and-literature-student.png

another-small-rooim.png

Ashaya: "Not everyone has a computer, so they come here and work. Plus all the rooms are shared, so it's nice to kind of get away for a bit. If you want to look at the upstairs bedroom, go ahead, I'll be there in a minute."

it-looked-really-plain.png

Wolfgang and Sakura walked up the stairs and looked at the dorm bedroom. There were two beds almost side by side, and two desks. There was a closet with a dresser in it. There was also a full bathroom on this floor. They toured the rest of the house and then thanked Ashaya for the tour.

When they were outside, Wolfgang asked, "Well, what do you think?"

ubrite-sakura-and-wolf.png

Sakura: "It seems a bit crowded, and I noticed that some of the downstairs bedrooms didn't even have a desk. I've read that even though you're sharing in the larger dorms, each student has a desk."

Wolfgang: "We'll be able to see how the larger dorms look when we go on the Foxbury tour. But you're right, for eight students, it does seem a bit crowded."

They walked down past the dorm and towards the river. Sakura stopped to admire the view.

you-like-it-here-dont-you.png

Wolfgang took Sakura's hands in his, "You want to go here, don't you?"

Sakura: "I think so, Wolfgang. I still want to see Foxbury, but this place really seems to fit me. Everyone has been so friendly here, and the programs that they offer...it is just more me."

Wolfgang: "You know, if you don't want to stay in the dorms, we could always look for some off-campus housing. I chatted with River outside the library, and he had found a house which he is sharing with some other students. And, the Town of Britechester isn't that far, and now that you have a bike, you could get around campus faster..."

go-with-the-uni-you-feel-is-right-for-you.png

Sakura: "No, it's fine, I am sure the larger dorms are better. Come on, let's head to Foxbury. I can't believe you've been so patient touring Britechester with me."

your-a-stud-wolf.png

Wolfgang smiled at Sakura then, "Well, it's a nice campus, and if you're going to be here, I have to know my way around. Plus, heck, you're not getting rid of me that easily...there's the weekends, and I was thinking I might need a homework buddy...and someone to go to the soccer game with..."

Sakura giggled, "Oh? You don't have anyone to go to the soccer game with...Mr. Muscles...?" They both laughed and headed towards Foxbury Institute.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I had Wolfgang apply for two more scholarships, which he was awarded: E-Sports Scholarship ($450) and The Helping Hand Scholarship ($250). These were not available when he first applied, or I somehow missed them.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    @Karababy52 Hmm, not sure yet about the Servo. I don’t know what I would do with it😂😂
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 27: "You, Me and Baby makes three!"

wYK3xRs.png

Notes
    psgkXL0.png
    Surprise! Molly and Damon had a Son! The game named him Seth and I kept it. Didn't spend long playing them after I saw they had a baby, just long enough to age the little guy up to a toddler and take a few screenies. Love the cross-eyed look he had when Molly was teaching him how to walk.

DA9ftB3.png
    Seth had blond hair when he aged up, but I changed it to Molly's shade of brown. I'm guessing it was blond because Damon has the black salt/pepper hair color. Once Seth ages up to a teen, I'll change it to the black salt/pepper color. He has the Independent trait.

6HTa9yd.png
    Seth loves his Mama. <3

dxOlBY4.png
    And his Daddy too. <3

boac3V8.png
    He also loves that they love each other so much! <3

Duh1VH8.png
    So cute how he's watching them with his little hands folded together.

l4KW3Q4.png
    Looks like Damon just kissed or is about to kiss Seth's head. Awww! Makes my heart melt! <3

rd11jUK.png
    Seth likes his new room. I fixed up Damon's old bedroom upstairs for him.

K5ySXkd.png
    Here's what Seth looks like in CAS. And that's it for this update. I'm very happy for them and hope you are too! :)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    Update 116 - A letter from Emmett

77tLgWz.jpg
    It had been nearly a week since Jules had really talked to Emmett. She had texted him, and he had merely replied that he was okay and was still trying to sort out his feelings. She was worried about him, but from her own experience dealing with the tough things that life can often dole out, she knew that it was important to give him his space if he needed it. On Friday, she was off work, and she noticed a letter in Emmett's handwriting when she went to get the mail.
    FcJWat7.jpg

She went inside to sit down and read it.
    gptvMz7.png

It read:
    Dear Jules,

I'm sorry to tell you all this in a letter, but somehow, writing it all out is the easiest way to process all this right now. After a lot of tears and arguing, Brittany and I have officially broken up. Her affair with Toby had been going on for some time now, apparently, and there just wasn't enough of our relationship left to fight for. I'm actually starting to feel okay, as I process it more and more, and relieved that I found out now, instead of going on with our relationship unaware as I had been for so long.

I've talked to my dad a lot too - you know we've always been close, and I value his advice. He was in the military when he was young, as I'm sure you remember from all his stories. He told me that it was a time in his life where he really got to know himself and figure out who he was meant to be. He said it wasn't always easy - the days were long and hard, both mentally and physically, but he said that it was the time in his life where he really started to feel like a man.

I've been doing a lot of thinking, and for so long, Brittany was such a priority in my life. I was always trying to put her needs first and doing my best to make things good for her. Without her, I've started to think more about where I want my life to go...and right now, I just feel so unsure about things. My dad's stories about his time in the military have inspired me to enlist, and hopefully, with time, I can find some sense of direction and purpose in my life.

I will write to you soon when I know more about where I'll be posted - and I'm truly sorry to have left without saying a proper goodbye. Everything just happened so quickly, and they were ready to ship me out and start my training almost immediately.

Putting Brittany's needs first for so long has made me realize now that I've spend so much time over the last few years pushing you away without meaning to, and I hope you can forgive me for that. You are so important to me, Jules, and I value having you in my life more than I can even express.

I will write soon with an address that you can send mail to. I look forward to hearing from you.

Love,
    Emmett

Jules put down the letter, her mind spinning a bit from the sudden news of his departure, and she hadn't even had a chance to say goodbye. But he would write to her, and she knew she would treasure those letters. As soon as he knew where he'd be posted, she'd be sure to write to him as well.

It was the skill building holiday, and Jules wanted to keep her mind off Emmett anyway, so she maxed out the robotics skill.
    locfrtH.png

Later that day, Hugo called to ask if he could come over to visit, and Jules found she was glad to have some company.
    bSfijCA.jpg

They all enjoyed playing at the block table together too.
    iKvPoAh.png

I think Hugo and Jules were more invested than Ruby, haha.

"My evil robot will destroy your alien!"
    "Never!!!!!!"
    uQeu6ZW.jpg

"My alien is so squishy and cute!"
    T5T1DCM.png

"Okay, Ruby, it's time for bed," Jules announced when they finished playing. "Maybe Uncle Hugo can read your bedtime story tonight if he's up for it."

He totally was :)
    6i0xQhP.png

"Thanks for coming over today," Jules told him after Ruby was fast asleep. "It's always so great to see you."

"Anytime," Hugo smiled back at her. She was glad that despite the odd origins of their friendship, Hugo had become such a supportive friend in her life.
    zM78N0G.png

---
    I totally realized that Hugo was wearing the same watch as Jules after I got all my photos - I think I'll change that so it's more special just for Jules. Also, I did want Emmett to say goodbye to Jules in person, but then this letter idea came to me, and it was just such an easy way to tie this all together and move my plot along without to much effort. After that wedding, I needed some gameplay that didn't require too much effort :D
  • Options
    @SoulGal7
    So nice that Sakura saw so many challenge Sims on her visit with Wolfgang. River cracks me up the way he talks. You make him such a fun Bro type character. I love it! :) Fun how Wolfgang ends up with a bunch of females Sims gathered around him. The one that outright flirted with him made me laugh with her 'muscles' comment. :D Britechester really is a very beautiful Uni. Aww, darn. Too bad Essa was so busy with that Professor to talk. Maybe another time. Darkwing house is pretty nice. I had a student stay there once. Oh gosh those screenshots of the two of them holding hands by the water are absolutely beautiful! The 'Mr. Muscles' comment was cute. :D Nice that Wolfgang was able to pick up a couple more scholarships.

@Skeilah

Ah, okay. You do have a full house of Sims right now and more to come, so yeah. No time for robots.

@permanentrose
    Very nice letter that Jules got from Emmett. So sweet of him to write it and let her know what's going on. Love how so many of us are using the military aspect of Strangerville to segue into next month. :) Congrats to Jules for maxing out the Robotics skill! Hugo is such a good friend to Jules and a good 'Uncle' for Ruby. I'd change the watch too considering the circumstances. I understand wanting to have a more laidback kind of gameplay for a bit too, obviously. ;)
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    I'm assuming you picked "try for a baby" for Damon and Molly and then just logged out of their gameplay before knowing the results, and that's how you got a surprise baby for them. So fun, and Seth is really cute. And what a nice game generated name too. I think he will definitely help keep Damon grounded and focusing on what's important in life. Damon really is living his best life now :) Your update made me smile too, because it's very similar to the update I have for tomorrow - checking in with another family and progressing their story is the perfect filler update for this week, haha :D

Is this your big event then? :) Or is there something else with Josh and Essa that might happen in the next three days now...

Emmett being in the military is just one small part of my Strangerville plan (it does work out nicely though - I wanted Jules to know at least one military personnel and one scientist for next month). But there's a bigger plan that will unfold by Friday that will actually get her to Strangerville :)

@SoulGal7
    You're gonna see our sims all the time now without even trying since you enrolled them - it's so much fun.

Hahahaha "water conservation in the showers." :D Oh, River....And then all the uni students are flirting with Wolfgang. And yep, I knew it would make Sakura a little jealous, even though she laughed it off at first. Nice job with the campus tour too - it's nice you have this week to really explore each university with Sakura before making her make her final choice, and it really makes it feel more realistic to tour the campuses first. I know I enjoyed doing that with Jules - and you've really gone into a lot more depth with your tour which is nice. I agree that Britechester just really seems like the right fit for Sakura though - she's a smart girl to keep her options open and tour both campuses before making that final choice though. So it looks like you're gonna brave dorm life too - at least each semester you have the option to change that if you decide you want to have her life off campus eventually :)
  • Options
    @permanentrose
    No, I knew they were pregnant. I had Molly take a test. ;) I just didn't know if the baby would be born anytime soon or at all unless I turned aging on. So I've been checking to see if they did have a baby with aging turned off and they finally did. I don't have MCCC so I didn't know if she would have one, twins, triplets, or the gender either, so that was a nice surprise as well. They got lucky with the name. This game tends to pick some very obscure names for babies sometimes. o.O And yea, this will definitely help Damon to get his priorities straight. Damon and Molly are very happy and glad to finally be together. Hmm, I wonder what family and what progress you'll be making for them. I'm guessing perhaps Mario and Becca or maybe even Brittany and Toby. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

🤐

Ah, okay, very cool. Can't wait to find out what ultimately gets Jules to Strangerville. Have fun with it, whatever it may be. :)
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    Yeah, turning aging off will do nothing to stop a pregnancy progression, in my experience. I have to actually pause a pregnancy with MCCC if I don't want it to progress when I'm not playing a family. I also have on long pregnancies for this reason, since sometimes I don't know if someone is pregnant right away or I play them on rotation and I forget they are pregnant, so having long pregnancies usually helps me be able to play them before the baby is actually born so I can name them and such instead of getting a surprise, haha. Nice that you kind of planned that one though, but always fun to actually be surprised with gender and how many babies :)

Ok, your lips are sealed, I'll stop asking :D
  • Options
    Sorry ya'll I haven't done responses since the 25th so few days to talk about!

@IllusoryThrall
    Another great character set up in Benji. Setting up the drama to come!
    For your next post about Myles .. lol what a dysfunctional family, it's great.
    I want Myles to stay good and happy already.. The rose among the thorns.
    -Yeah I play on the slapstick goofy end... and basically one of the only non in depth storytellers here. Too much work for me. I'm the "lazy" one!

@SoulGal7
    For the University Tour post. Britechester really is beautiful with that old college feel. I'm so glad we got both campuses to chose from. River is such a hoot always, hehe.
    Ohh, I like the jealousy angle coming from Sakura finally. Something has to drive them together! Also love seeing all of our sims, great set up for the campus life.

@Ellupelluellu
    Malcolm is immediately forgiven for causing mischief every time.. he's too cute not to forgive! Great day at the studios.. River takes great shots too. He looks like a cartoon superhero in your shot, just needs the cape.. Jenny looks gorgeous! Mortimer posing too funny!

@Karababy52
    Building and set up can be a lot of work it counts as gameplay to me! Can't wait to see what you do.
    For the next post... oh how beautiful your house is. I love those styles. I keep telling myself I'll keep it small but sheesh.... I really do love them, and wrap around porches are so great for gardens in the game. Strangervill is one of my very favorite worlds in the game if not my favorite outright ... even when it starts getting weird I love it.
    For the next post April 26.. Seth is a great name. I already love his little face.

@permanentrose
    Aww see... that's what I meant by a perfect wedding! You said don't even ask but how flippin' long did it take you to get them all to sit?? Also do you have some sort of mod that allows for more sims on a lot?
    Awww Ruby with the little flowers in her hair.. so cute.
    Hehe... Brittany is busted! Or I guess I'm suppose to say poor Emmett, yeah no.. he'll get over it! Kick her to the curb dude!
    Oh for the next post when Emmett is telling her he's joining the military that is such a good tie in and timing in the story. Kudos.. that really made me grin. Very realistic story wise.
    - No you didn't miss it Roxanne is in the last few days but she did her wedding and date on Saturday and Sunday. Todays post will be more school and she should get her grades by tomorrows posts (I hope). I'm cutting it close.

@lilypadmeulin Welcome back!

@Skeilah
    Ding and aspiration is done, got that job! All set up to move to Strangerville!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    April 27 Satisfactory??
    tLKY22g.png
    So I played Roxanne from Monday to Wednesday morning .. the last three days. Next time I go in I should get her final grades. On Tuesday morning prior to classes she got this response below about how she's doing in two of her classes, made me freak out some. She got the "stellar" responses for the others. She's been studying her butt off! Yeah, slow deep breaths. I guess if you play you pay... I still have hope though! Really she did her studying at the computer but I didn't get any good shots with the walls up so you get her doing her homework for the last time.
    zNlO6gg.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl
    Roxanne's outfit is cute, meant to say that as part of your last post! And you are really gonna finish uni with perfect timing - it's nice though, because as you can see, most of us are just doing filler stuff at this point haha. Nice that your timing worked out that you're actually still doings stuff relevant to this world :)

And as for that wedding, lol...so over the week leading up to that update, I edited everyone's formal outfit to make sure they had wedding appropriate attire and something warm enough to wear for a late fall wedding (yes, I know, I'm crazy, I could have just let them wear whatever, but this is who I am :D). Then, on the day I played the wedding, it probably took me a least an hour of set up to summon them all to the lot and then add them all to once giant household (thanks MCCC for making this possible, haha) Then I had to change them all into their formal outfits. The nice thing is that when you're actually controlling them all and have autonomy off, they actually listen to you, so once I had them all sitting down, they actually stayed. So once everyone was dressed and added to the household, the gameplay went relatively seamlessly. It was just a lot of work to actually get them all there and ready
  • Options
    @permanentrose
    I've never actually played with autonomy off like that to set things up for an event... That's a great idea. I kind of feel dumb for not thinking it up lol. Next wedding maybe!
    Also yeah I'm kind of happy I'll be going right up to the end. It's not like I plan on setting up a big story for Roxanne to move. You all make me feel so lazy!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    April 27
    9tirf3B.png
    Since Bryon is done with his monthly aspiration and I don’t have anything planned for him until Thursday, I decided to give you an insight in the life of Isaius and Gabbie. Enjoy!

Behind the scenes
    C1ydD93.png
    Let’s hope that this action of mine doesn’t make Gabbie pregnant, lol. Just joking. Both Isaius and Gabbie have a ‘no offspring flag’, so thats not possible.

aAWD6q0.png
    Anywayssss. I was about to tell a story. So. They still share a dorm with Skeilah and Hugo.

e3WPNpV.png
    Both couples are planning to move out soon and settle down in a place of their own. They are talking about it at this very moment. Well, at least most of them are. Isaius is still catching up time with Wallace, lol.

(Hugo) “We’re actually thinking of living in San Myshuno, right, Skeilah?”
    (Skeilah) “Yep! Right in the city! What about you and Isaius, Gabbie?”
    (Gabbie) “Not sure yet, but we were thinking Evergreen Harbor...”
    (Skeilah) “Oh, that totally suits you!”

H3YFoub.png
    (Gabbie) “We’re going to watch an apartment tomorrow. I hope it’s something.”
    (Skeilah) “Oh, we’re also going to watch an apartment tomorrow. What a coincidence!”
    (Hugo) “Maybe we should make it a day-trip? Just the 4 of us, watching apartments?”

R2KJT6R.png
    (Gabbie) “That’s a great idea! What do you think, Isaius?”
    (Isaius) “Yeah, let’s do that.”

The next day...

S2lItL7.png
    Isaius and Gabbie found a nice apartment in Evergeen Harbor, just like they wanted.

OONobdr.png
    Most of the apartment is unharmed. Only the bed changed.

GksHRwV.png
    Skeilah and Hugo also got hands on an apartment, and yes, in San Myshuno!

aWmFZLk.png
    And just after receiving the apartment key...

(Hugo) “Skeilah...”
    (Skeilah) “Oh no, Hugo, what are you doing?? Are you really doing what I think you are?!”

5kPpzp2.png
    (Hugo) “I think I am. Will you marry me?”
    (Skeilah) “Oh my! You are doing it!!!”

9IDcRM2.png
    (Skeilah) “Of course I wanna marry you!!”

2ZXF6p2.png
    (Gabbie) “That’s so cute. So, when are we going to marry?”
    (Isaius) “Hehehe... Marriage...”

Szg8U0o.png
    (Gabbie) “Really?”
    (Isaius) “Oh. You mean it? Eh...”

2jTAcJX.png
    (Gabbie) “You are unbelievably sometimes, you know that??”
    (Isaius) “Hahahaha! No! Stop! Stop tickling me!!”

pz7RQru.png
    Meanwhile this estate agent is thinking “What did I get myself into...”, hahahaha!

I actually cheated the two couples married after this so that I could remove the no offspring and never marry flags. I never really enjoy doing marriages in the Sims (I’m only going to do one for Bryon and Naoki), but I really do wish them a happy life together. Now MCCC can do whatever it wants with them! I’ll be waiting for the first nooboos to be born^^

9h8LqQK.png
    To end this side-story: The newlyweds (just gonna call them that, since I cheated them married lol) enjoyed the rest of their day in San Myshuno. What an amazing day! Both couples got a place they can call home now, and both are married and ready for next steps in life. Amazing! :)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Work again, changing schedules.. I will post my 3 remaining updates tomorrow (no worries, not long, lol) and comment and reply to mentions :)

Just that I forgot this from my last update, Sakura had some troubled with that ombre hair.. (of game had) , so she got a new hair too :)

Maybe it makes her look too young, but I wanted to use it on someone :D

GMKzJjj.png
    5P4PJga.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu That's a fun hair - blue really does suit Sakura :)

@Skeilah That was a really cute update - it really is so nice to use this update to check in with some other sims, and it's nice that these two couples are thriving! Hugo's proposal was super cute too - I'm glad your simself got to marry your sim crush :D
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Meet Phoenix
    04-27-21_6-07-33-pm.jpg
    Phoenix Malone: Phoenix came about because Marnie was so happy with her success with Myles that she decided she needed another perfect child. Only, someone forgot to tell Phoenix. From the time he was very small, the only thing he wanted to be was “just like Daddy”. Which, as we all know – was an unfortunate choice of role model.
    04-27-21_6-09-25-pm.jpg
    Phoenix quickly patterned himself after his father. Ignoring his chores and his homework, and spending all his time trying to be the life of the party, telling jokes to his school friends. He, however, happened to be better at the joke-telling than his father, so making friends was a breeze.
    04-27-21_6-15-41-pm.jpg
    This, however, unfortunately, made him the butt of the joke amongst his family. Nobody wanted to have a “mini-me” of Bennie around, so Phoenix ended up being a target for the resentment they had towards Bennie. Which only made Phoenix more convinced he wanted to be like his Dad. A vicious cycle that wasn’t about to end anytime soon.
    04-27-21_6-17-02-pm.jpg
    phoenixoutfits.jpg
    pheonix.jpg
    (Stay tuned, tomorrow we meet the youngest twins!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top