Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited April 2021
    @SoulGal7 Just thought I'd address one thing quickly - it is not very likely to die from the robotics table, don't worry. It's like getting struck by lightening - your sim won't die the first time, but if they get electrocuted again while they still have the dazed moodlet, then they can die. (Seriously it's so hard to die in this game sometimes, I swear :D) So as long as you don't do what I did, and risk working at the table again while already being shocked once, then your sim will be fine. Jules literally got electrocuted like 7 times in my update from today lol, but I just didn't have her go back to the table when she was dazed and she was fine.

Also I appreciated your electrocution pun :D

My brain is a bit fried right now, this week was an exhausting one, proper comments coming either later tonight or tomorrow morning once I'm feeling a bit more rested :)
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    March 27 - University Acceptance Letter

playing-in-the-rain-sakura.png
    It was Monday and still raining, and Sakura started her part-time job as a Fast Food Employee. The manager who hired her liked her enthusiasm and had started her off as a Food Service Cashier. It was an early morning shift from 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM, She put on her uniform and headed off.

sakura-heading-off-to-her-pt-job.png
    i-think-sakura-hates-her-job-already.png

Well, maybe this wasn't her ideal job. But even though she hated being indoors, she did pretty good on her first day.

As soon as she got home, she called her high school music teacher to talk to him about the university tour that was scheduled for the next day. He told her that there was still room on the bus, and that Sakura was welcome to come along. They also chatted about the programs the two universities offered and her teacher also made some recommendations on what programs she might like.

CHATTING-WITH-HER-TEACHER.png

The mail had arrived, and she paid the bills of $942 simoleons. Ugh! Making $80 simoleons a day working part-time wasn't going to do much to pay for the bills and pay for university. She looked at the other letters she had received, and much to her surprise, she got mail from both Foxbury Institute and the University of Britechester. She looked at the envelopes and was almost afraid to open them. She was nervous.

more-letters.png

Sakura was still standing at the mailbox when Wolfgang arrived. He had some unopened letters in his hand, and Sakura told him she got two letters from the universities.

university-bound.png

Wolfgang: "Well, did you open them?"

Sakura: "No, I thought we could open them together. I'm a bit nervous, what if I don't get in?"

Wolfgang: "Sakura, of course you'll get in! Would it make you feel better if I opened mine first?"

Sakura nodded her head and Wolfgang practically ripped open the envelopes. He quickly read each letter and then smiled!

wolf-got-his-acceptance-letter.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura, I got my first choice! And I was also accepted into several other programs! Woot!"

excited-about-getting-accpeted-at-uni-wolf.png
    well-distinguised-wolf.png

Sakura was so happy for Wolfgang. And now it was her turn. She took a deep breath and carefully opened the envelopes and read each one.

Wolfgang: "Well?" he asked looking a bit worried at the expression on her face.

But then she smiled and threw her arm in the air, "I got in! I got in!" she shouted, "But I still have no idea which program to choose.. My teacher gave me some ideas, and I am...I am just so excited!."

sakura-acceptance-letter.png

she-got-accepted-oh-yah.png
    sakura-acceptance-letter-mood.png

There were still some other letters to open and Wolfgang said these were the scholarship letters. He went first again. Wolfgang had applied for seven scholarships, and of those, he received three: Super Scout ($175), Future Star ($200) and Windenburg Resident ($300), which was his highest value scholarship. Sakura was pretty impressed that he had won the latter scholarship, since there were so many applicants in Windenburg.

wolfgang-monday-raining-again.png
    wolf-got-the-windenburg-resident-scholarship-his-highest.png

Sakura had been eligible for eight scholarships and had received all but the Windenburg Resident Scholarship: Super Scout ($175), Future Star ($200), Food and Drink ($200), The Great Outdoors ($200), Workplace Scholar ($300), Building The Future ($400), Alley Cat ($400) and Athletics ($450). After she read all the letters, she did the happy dance! She was able to afford university!

free-ride-dance.png
    sakura-sizeable-scholarship.png

Sakura: "I can't believe it! I think my tuition will be free!" she said smiling broadly.

wolfgang-i-cant-elieve-this.png

They gave each other a hug, and Sakura could hardly wait until tomorrow to tour the campuses.

i-knew-you-would-do-it-sakyura.png

Wolfgang: "I always knew you were amazing, Sakura."

you-are-pretty-amazing-sakura.png

SAKURA-AUTONOMOUS-KISS-ON-CHEEK.png

Sakura: "I think you're pretty amazing, too, Wolfgang," and without even thinking, Sakura gave Wolfgang am autonomous kiss on the cheek.

WE-GO-TOMORROW-TO-SEE-THE-CAMPUS.png

Wolfgang smiled at the warm cheek kiss Sakura had given him. Unfortunately, he had to leave as he had some chores he had promised his Mom he would do at home.

Wolfgang: "I'll see you tomorrow then..."

Sakura: "Yes...tomorrow..."

SAKURA-FINAL-DAY-SHOT.png
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 The main character will be Jazmyn. We'll meet them soon. :smiley: But yes, matter of fact, it is Bennie Sr.

@IllusoryThrall - Oh sorry...lol Yes, Jazmyn. :)
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall
    Nice back story to get things set up for the challenge! I can tell you're going to enjoy telling a story along with this challenge. Looking at your blog, it looks like Jazmyn is one of the five kids! Such a big family, but definitely fun to give them all personalities and stories! Looking forward to meeting all your family members!

@SoulGal7
    That sounds like a good plan, then you don't have to rush through uni. The uni gameplay is pretty time consuming, so it will be good for you to not feel rushed through all that, and this is the time of Sakura's life where it really makes sense for her to go to college anyway. Also thanks for you comments on my story too! I know, Jules has now died more than any other sim :D I wonder how many more times she will accidentally die before this challenge is over...LOL. If I play my cards right and keep a child or older with a death flower in the inventory as part of her family, she should be death proof haha. Of course, as I say that, I realized I just set her up to live alone with Ruby for a while...too bad toddlers can't plead to the Reaper lol. Probably because they are so cute, he'd never be able to say no :D Maybe I will just need to add Emmett to the family :D

@Skeilah
    Awww, I'm so happy for Randi. That's so sweet she found someone new, since he love life has been tough...and he seems excited to get to know her family too. Congrats on doing such a good job with Bryon's grades, and I'm excited for the gender reveal tomorrow even though I happen to already know all the spoilers for your story ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    Yay for being caught up! Nice photos of the hugging curse, and all of our sims making their usual appearances. River's handmade guitar made me laugh haha. I do enjoy that Malcolm and Melody keep crashing each other's events and defacing the other school's statues. And you maybe have never shown them kissing, but I do remember you showing them woohooing lol. They're a great couple even though they aren't all touchy feely - I always do appreciate a couple with a solid friendship like that :)
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited April 2021
    @permanentrose
    Six kids, actually. The youngest ones are twins, so I'm introducing them together. :smiley: It's funny, I have put so much thought into this backstory, and the more I think, the more details I "find". This is so much fun already!
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 Ahh, sorry, I posted my comment before I saw your update - I'm headed to bed but will comment tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 23: "Turn and face the strange changes."

2FJG3tq.png

Notes
    2RBMCNf.png
    A couple weeks after everything that happened with Damon, Josh got a mysterious phone call from someone and took the call in the upstairs office. He spoke with this person for a long time. He came back downstairs and asked Essa to sit with him in the kitchen, he had something important to tell her.

Apparently the call was from a Master Sergeant Evans informing Josh that he was being recalled to active duty. Josh had served three years and worked his way to Airman First Class before deciding not to re-enlist.

mqI8MaH.png
    There was something happening in a little town by the name of Strangerville and he was to report there next Saturday.

EhLdHhI.png
    The couple had exactly a week to find a place to live there if they did not want to live on base.

dQUq5av.png
    Essa burst out laughing. "Seriously!? Again?"

3Q4RLvD.png
    "We have to move again? Oh My God!"

RDjWyzi.png
    "We just got settled here and I just got promoted at my new job."

Zd0gC6o.png
    "You're pulling my leg, right? Right?"
    "Does this look like the face of someone telling a joke?"

g11g0uC.png
    "Why couldn't they have told you sooner? Give us more time to prepare. We'll have to put the house up for sale, find a place to live, pack, I'll have to quit my job and..."

9d6m9lG.png
    "I'm sorry Essa, sometimes it happens this way, it's an emergency. I knew this day might come, but I'd hoped it wouldn't."

45DiM3w.png
    "I have to go Essa, it's my duty. I'm needed. But...you...don't have to go if you don't want to though. I guess...but the thought of being away from you for possibly months again just...breaks my heart. I need you to be there with me."

HELPD1B.png
    "Josh, I never said I wouldn't go with you, of course I will. You followed me here without a second thought, you've always been there for me and I want to be there for you too. I'd follow you to the end of the worlds. This ring I wear isn't just something pretty you gave me. It's a symbol, a promise. I accepted it and wear it because I love you and never want us to be apart again. Okay?"

"I just found it funny because it seems like we're always moving some place. But that's okay, I'd live in a tent the rest of my life if it meant that's the only way we could be together. My job isn't important, we have plenty of money, I can paint anywhere."

Essa smiled at a silent, but smiling Josh and got up to take care of his now empty plate. He followed her over to the dishwasher.

pe2UqR2.png
    "I love you Beautiful, I knew you'd go, never doubted it. It just caught me by surprise when you started laughing and talking about your job."
    "I'm sorry Babe."

YGFRqzz.png
    "You know I love you too, always. Wherever you go, I go. You're my heart, my soul, my everything."

bS4rDwA.png
    "I made a promise to you when I came back from singing with Adam, and I meant it. I'll never leave you alone again, ever. I would've went AWOL if you didn't want to go. But I'm glad I don't have to do that."
    "I know, you always mean what you say."

i8IYXIw.png
    "We've been through so much together. There was a time I never thought I'd see you again. I felt so alone and hopeless. Pretending to be someone I wasn't every day, never knowing what the next day would bring. Wondering if you still loved me. I never want to feel like that again."
    "You won't, not as long as I'm breathing."

87x2zqB.png
    Josh went upstairs to see what Frank was up to and found him slumped over, his batteries almost dead. Apparently he'd suffered another glitch or perhaps just needed a tune-up. He got him fixed up and sat down at the computer to start looking at real estate for sale in Strangerville while Frank continued to read an Acting skill guide.

KEzqg1w.png
    Essa saw a pretty redhead standing out by the mailbox and went outside to investigate. She'd seen her before, but could never catch her in time before the girl left.

She introduced herself as Roxanne Newbury. She lived nearby, had seen Essa around campus and just wanted to say Hello. The two had a nice chat getting to know each other.

Srn674H.png
    Essa felt so comfortable talking with her, after awhile she told one of her favorite jokes. Roxanne loved it! Hopefully they would keep in touch after she and Josh moved to Strangerville.

ZClBzQl.png
    Essa's also been working on the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration. She needed to view 3 paintings at a museum, so Josh tagged along to check out the art there as well. Of course he loved art just as much if not more than Essa. With that task done all she needs now is four more Masterpieces and it's complete. If the darn cowplant would hurry up and grow, she'd finally finish the Freelance Botanist aspiration as well.

FAwaEYI.png
    Essa had work the next morning and came home with another promotion. She's now at the top of the Master of the Real career and would only need to work 2 days a week if she keeps this job after they move. She probably will quit though because even if they weren't already loaded, her paintings are going for incredibly high prices on Plopsy. She only sells Masterpieces. Check out the price her last one fetched, it's unreal!

On a sidenote, it amazes me how young she looks without make-up. For some reason for her career outfit, the game removed it, except maybe blush. She's a natural beauty in my eyes, but I'm biased. ;)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    *Updated my April 23rd post above. I'll get started on comments, but I don't know if I'll be able to finish them before I have to go again. Thanks for always being so patient with me. Hope y'all have a fabulous day/night! <3
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Since my updates are getting long these days, especially with photos, I'm gonna divide it up into two spoilers just to help with loading time. I've been plowing through a lot of gameplay recently since I want some time to pass before the end of this month, and of course I can't help but to take a lot of screenshots :)
    ---

Update 113 - Pomp and Circumstance

im8ckX1.png

Notes:
    By the precise time of 10:37 AM, Jules and her family had arrived on campus for her graduation.
    ivgVjgn.png

Like @Karababy52 said, it is rather sad that family can't go into the rabbit hole too. Toddlers probably wouldn't be allowed anyway, even if that were an option.

"I wait right here for Mommy."
    pfsJSGq.png

Not a great shot, but here's Jules and her classmates right before tossing their caps.
    ygXlHRk.jpg

Then Dell and Sofia took some photos to commemorate the occasion (and I really need to stop using that glossy lipstick, especially now that we have a nice matte option from that birthday patch. I forget how shiny the glossy one gets in the sunlight and makes screenshots/pictures look kind of weird)
    A3f9BkS.png?1
    jU0k30D.png?1
    HvC2XE2.png?1

In my mind, I wanted to give Jules a nice graduation party with friends and such, but I really wasn't in the mood to put the effort into planning/playing that. So instead she just had a nice dinner with her family :)
    C1K4B9w.png

Bex even appeared on the doorstep just in time for dessert, so they invited her in.
    4eBFiMM.png

After dinner, Dell gave Jules a graduation gift.
    HotDrRi.png

"It's Mom's old watch," Dell told her, as Jules lifted the watch out of the box. Jules recognized it at once, fingering the gilded edge of the watch face and the brown leather band. Dell liked to keep some of their parents belongings and give them to Jules on special occasions such as this, so it almost felt like her parents could still give her something special at these big moments in her life, despite their untimely passing.

"Thank you," Jules said softly, her throat a little tight. "I love it."
    Jules had been looking at some job postings over the past week, and had decided that she would apply for a journalist position since they were looking for someone with a communications degree. She remembered enjoying going undercover for the mission with Bex, and perhaps even hoped to work in the secret agent career like her parents did one day. This seemed like a great place to start. If only the game let us actually apply and even interview - that would be cool. Let's just pretend that Jules went through those necessary steps - and yay, aspiration complete, and Jules officially has her first grown up job!
    F0RJU18.png

I will also take this time to work on the Best Selling Author aspiration, since she will be working on her writing skills anyway. Before work started on Monday, she decided to brush up on her writing skills a bit by writing a short story. (I could not resist the title, haha. I feel like this song pops into my head frequently when I play because of Ruby :D)
    YFVpJi4.png

The daycare in town had a waiting list, so Jules decided to call the babysitter that her friend, Rose, had suggested to her a while back to see if she would have any availability to watch Ruby while she was at work, since Dell and Sofia would be moving out soon. She did happen to have a pretty free schedule, so Jules invited her over for an initial meeting.

"Hi, I'm Nikki Hubbard," the young woman introduced herself.
    3rCXC4s.png
     (And yes, she is my game generated nanny - I edited her with CAS but marked her as unplayed, and then I just use MCCC to change her to everyday outfit every time she shows up because WHY DO NANNIES HAVE TO WEAR THAT TERRIBLE SWEATER? :D)

Jules introduced herself in return and led Nikki over to the couch to they could talk more. Nikki was highly qualified and experienced and seemed really enthusiastic about spending her days with kids.
    2QIqBXr.png
    5sVMfRR.png

"Here's my little monster now," Jules chuckled as Ruby wandered into the room. "Ruby, this is Miss Nikki. She's here to play with you."
    aoNlMC9.jpg

That's all Ruby needed to hear. She immediately showed Nikki her chatterbot in a rush of excitement.
    EbpBez2.png

But then...uh, oh. Someone realized Mommy wasn't right there anymore...
    jTcGQtu.png

Nikki was quick to distract and redirect though. She's a pro :)
    odEDCfG.png

Well it looks like this is gonna work out :)
    EZ62DwT.jpg

Jules: "When can you start?"
    QBJo2gw.png

--
    Hung up her graduation photos and her diploma too :)
    y7meG33.png
    f7fzCPr.png

Not part of the official story but a funny moment:
    I used MCCC cheats to tell Nikki to leave the lot immediately when I was ready for her to go home, as I so often do. Well lesson learned, immediately means IMMEDIATELY. She didn't even put Ruby down as she began to walk away :D

VMPqKni.jpg
    MOvIiV1.jpg

"Um, lady, where'd you go???"
    DnnwXxz.jpg

She wandered back home eventually though, and really had to go potty by that point. She was so close to making it but didn't manage it :D Honestly though, I've seen this happen so often with toddlers in real life, it's not even funny...
    OhXKCQM.png
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    April 24
    Z86vXEm.png

(I really got lucky that Isaius was in the graduation group lol - but on the other side, Ibara was there too HAHAHAHA)
    Bryons Diary
    6vo16Tf.png

7W21TrR.png
    It's still early in the morning, but everything is ready for the graduation/gender reveal party later today.

ITwlUsg.png
    But first, the graduation ceremony. I just arrived on the schoolgrounds and was looking for my graduation group. They should be close...

ggoV80j.png
    Ah, there they are! Oh, that's Isaius right there! And... Ibara... Let's just ignore him.

V4g3OgV.png
    (Isaius) “Ready to graduate?!”
    (Bryon) “Absolutely. You too?”
    (Isaius) “Of course!”

UTfqvRu.png
    (Ibara) "Bryonnnnn! In normal circumstances I would be mad at you, but it's graduation day! Let's enjoy this day! Congrats!"

Okay. That was weird.

(Isaius) "... Is he drunk?"
    (Bryon) "I think he is."

lyz4LEJ.png
    We made a little group picture before going inside the building. I still can't believe I'm doing this together with Isaius. This means so much to me.

zmccLAe.png
    While the 4 students were inside, a fifth one without a robe popped up and started dancing really weird. That was fun to watch.

After the ceremony...

UBPrEIw.png
    (Isaius) “Heh. Don’t need this anymore.”

For some reason, they all got rid of their robes, one by one. Idk why, but I don't mind. xD

XeszpbI.png
    (Everyone) "We did itttt!!!!"

C0OUYnU.png
    (Bryon) “Congratulations!”
    (Isaius) “Same for you!”

DKYWY6b.png
    (Johnny) “Hey! How am I missing all this?! I wanna join in on the fun!”

fitSVcm.png
    (Bryon) “Johnny! What happened to your hair?!”
    (Johnny) “It’s all gone, man. It’s allll gone! But now worries, I can grow it back now! Come here, I missed you, big bro!”

LCBPx5y.png
    (Johnny) “And you too, of course! Congrats to you both!!”

jEQbSXr.png
    (Bryon) “I guess this means you are also invited to the party?”
    (Johnny) “Of course I am!! You really gotta explain me some things though. I heard you’re gonna be a father soon?! Tell me about it!!”
    (Bryon) “Yes, I will. It's a weird story, really.”
    (Johnny) "I hope it doesn't involve aliens... I've been working with those for so long now back on military service in Strangerville..."
    (Bryon) "Ehhhh. Actually, aliens are involved indeed."
    (Johnny) "What?! You gotta be kidding meeeee!!!"

To be continued...
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    April 24 Unexpected!
    8v1JWDE.png
    It was the weekend and I had Roxanne check to see how well she was doing in her classes and all of her professors said she was doing exceptionally well. I decided to just let her go out and have some fun... maybe take Rubanoid on a date!
    Then the drop down announcing the Romance Festival came. I really love the atmosphere and music in this festival.... this might have led to Roxanne getting carried away!
    NAT6rY1.png
    Yes she did! She decided spur of the moment with the Romance Guru as a witness to pledge her eternal love and devotion to her Rubanoid! Can this pairing really work??
    RKY68rp.png
    3zbXbTL.png
    Well it is Roxanne... anything can happen!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl - What was Roxanne's 3rd trait again when she aged up to YA? lol
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @Karababy52 - April 23 - Nice idea of Josh being called back into the military and they have to move to Strangerville. I bet he will look rather "hot" in his military uniform!!! Of course Essa would move for Josh. lol I am sure you have already thought about it, but there is the Freelancer Career. I couldn't make out the price she got for her paintings, but it looks like a double digit amount, so, yah, that is great! And fantastic that she is at the top of the Master of The Real Career. Woot! Essa! And Roxanne makes an appearance! Hi Roxanne! And yes, Essa does look rather pretty without make-up on. A natural beauty, especially with those eyes.. :)

@Hermitgirl - Give Roxanne some free time and what does she do? Gets engaged to her robot, Rubanoid. lol And that Love Guru looks rather pleased about it. I am surprised that Roxanne didn't just get married at the Romance Festival, too. Heck! They got chairs set up, a wedding arch, there will be fireworks when they get married. Best place to do "it" lol And congrats to Roxanne on her engagement!

@Skeilah - All the party balloons, etc. look really nice. Must be cc, but I just love it. Randi did such a nice job of decorating for the gender reveal/graduation party. And there is Bryon going to graduation. And Isaius is part of his graduation group, too, as is Ibara - good to avoid him Bryon. Love them in their gowns. And Johnny shows up in his uniform! Nice...and then the catch-up goes on about Bryon going to be a father...and involving aliens...good move with a nod towards Strangerville.

@permanentrose - What a sweet photo of Jules and Ruby in Jules' graduation gown. Ahhh....all of the photos that you took of the graduation are wonderful! And a quiet dinner at home with family is so nice. And that gift from Dell to Jules...*sobs*...now that means something...from the heart. And congrats to Jules for graduating, and then for getting her first job! Woot! She is on her way and even started writing a book...love the title. Interview with the Nanny went really well, until the Nanny took Ruby for some "air", um...yeah...okay, well, the police didn't have to be called for a child-napping or anything...thank goodness for that...I guess Nikki just got rather attached to Ruby. And poor Ruby...blow-out time at the potty. Stinky-poo girl! lol

@Ellupelluellu - Love all the photos that you did for your update. You are all caught up! The rivalry between Malcolm and Melody is so funny. And love seeing all of the challenge sims in the game doing various things. And Essa isn't a ghost girl anymore. It still cracks me up to see River sporting that thin mustache, and he made that guitar! I guess he has time living on the beach! Cool. And Melody has a keg blow-out. lol Funniest thing, pranking the rival's uni statue, and then having to clean your own. Ha Ha! Melody, it was Malcolm. lol No wonder these two are in such good shape, they just keep running from one campus to the next pranking each other's schools. hehehe
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @SoulGal7
    Nice to have Sakura get a part time job while she waits for her uni results and then actually moves to start the term - very realistic, though I know you're also doing this to fill some time at the end of the month so you can start Britechester on May 1. It works out well though. Really sweet of Wolfgang and Sakura to open their acceptance letters together too. I'm curious to see what you'll pick for Sakura's major - I feel like majoring in Fine Arts would suit her, but you may surprise me :) Sakura and Wolfgang are so in love, it kills me...

I almost thought about making Ruby's "kidnapping" part of the story, lol, but since it was my error using the cheat, not actually Nikki's autonomous choice, I decided just to make it a funny outtake. Also, I've always liked Nikki as my nanny, and since my main sim, Rose, recommended her, I feel like she's the real deal haha.

Also I hope you are having a good birthday weekend for your husband!

@Karababy52
    Excellent set up with the move to Strangerville. It will be great to have Josh do the mystery with her - I'm excited to see what you end up doing as far as building/renovating a house for them too! I have a plan about how to get Jules to Strangerville too, I just have to work out how to actually play it all out - her move is going to be a bit abrupt though, I think all will be revealed on April 30th....

Essa's reaction of "seriously, again???" was great, especially paired with the photos you got. Nice work on the aspiration too! And I see a little baby onesie in your inventory - I guess Essa is preparing for the future :)

Also nice that she met and befriend Roxanne too!

@Hermitgirl
    Ahhhh, I love it. Roxanne gets out of the house for the first time in ages, and ends up engaged to a Robot. I wonder if you can ask robots to be part of your team for the Strangerville mystery - that would be super convenient haha. Will Roxanne and Rubanoid elope, or will they have an elaborate wedding at a future date?

@Skeilah
    What a great graduation group. I think it's actually hilarious and fitting that Ibara was part of it - you gotta graduate with the people you love and hate. Super sweet that Isaius was in the group though. I love that Johnny came home too! And that hair...poor Johnny. It will grow back though. And you've
    done a great job setting up the move to Strangerville and really tying it all together so well this month
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited April 2021
    niPJprBl.png
    Greetings from the challengers in my save ^^
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @Skeilah and I were inspiring each other with poses today, so I thought I'd share mine too since it doesn't really fit into a specific update :)

I got your sims ready for next month! (And @IllusoryThrall if you want to share Jazmyn on the gallery sometime after you introduce her, I can add her to the fam as well. She'll have 8 aunts and uncles to take care of her until she ages up, haha)

hszMcm3.jpg
    qF6sjx3.jpg

• Options
    Meet Marnie
    04-24-21_5-51-04-pm.jpg
    Marnie Malone: Marnie is not her real name, but nobody is brave enough to ask what her original name is, and she is not interested in sharing. She had hopes and dreams once… but those have long since evaporated. All she has now is a marriage she feels she can’t leave, a whole passel of kids that stretch her patience every day, and a home that nobody would ever ask for. She feels completely hopeless and overwhelmed every day, but she doesn’t even have a place she can go to hide and have a good cry.
    04-24-21_5-53-20-pm.jpg
    To compensate, she turns to anger. Anger at her situation, her worthless husband, and her disaster of a “home”. She tries hard to not be angry at the kids… but – you know as well as I do – that even positive, healthy intentions don’t always happen.
    04-24-21_5-52-31-pm.jpg
    No-one, not even Marnie, remembers when she had time to have a career or a life of her own, nevermind the time to make or hang out with friends. Her world is focused on her kids and trying desperately to keep the horrible apartment they are forced to live in in one piece. There’s mice, and stains, holes in the walls, and no end to things breaking or getting dirty.
    04-24-21_5-50-19-pm.jpg
    She’s learned to fix nearly everything that can go wrong (since Bennie is unlikely to get off his couch to help) from library books. She couldn’t afford to go to a class or buy a book, but the local library luckily has books on most everything.
    04-24-21_5-45-25-pm.jpg
    If she could have the perfect day, it would be outside at a park in the sunshine, alone with a good romance book. But that day will never happen…. and she is unlikely to have any romance in her life any time soon. Perhaps once she wanted to be a librarian or a writer, but, as I already said, the ability to dream has left her life. The only thing left to her is a vacuum that doesn’t always work, her kids’ messes, and her mini “me” moments to binge-read a trashy romance novel.
    04-24-21_7-09-04-pm.jpg
    marnieoutfits.jpg
    marnie.jpg
    (Stay tuned, tomorrow we meet the eldest kid! Also, since I forgot to put Bennie’s traits on his intro page (although they are there now) – I will include them here.)
    bennie.jpg

• Options
    @permanentrose I can do you one better, I'll upload the whole family on April 39th or 30th (after I finish introducing everyone). :heart: Then you can do whatever you want with them.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @permanentrose
    I just thought it made sense since they'd been together so long. They did a good job of hiding their feelings for each other eh? :) It was a spur of the moment idea, but I'm glad I went with it.

As Essa said to Damon, everyone deserves a second chance, even him. He's incredibly grateful to have that chance and is taking it seriously. He won't hurt Molly, or anyone else, he's learned his lesson and will prove it to her and Essa. We will see both of them in future updates. :)

Yeah, it's always bugged me when that happens, but I don't know what can be done about it. I've read that Sims 3 had a graveyard where Sims went when they died so their loved ones could go there to mourn and/or pick up the urn to display how they see fit. Perhaps one day TS4 will get something like that.

It didn't make sense that Essa would immediately forgive Damon, just because he'd died. That will take some time. When trust is lost, it's very hard to get it back, if at all. It's possible to somewhat forgive, but you'll never forget.

Huh, well that's a bummer she still got electrocuted at such a high level. She just must be unlucky that way. o.O Did the electrocutions slow down or stop after she made the arm? I've read it's supposed to protect Sims from getting electrocuted while using the table.

Ah, okay, so that wasn't foreshadowing for Jules, it was just for Dell and Sofia. Thanks for clearing that up, I was confused. :D

Yes, it's a bummer friends and family can't go in the rabbit hole graduation, but at least it's nice that Ruby, Sofia and Dell could be there to congratulate her and take photos afterward. Glad Bex was able to be there for dessert after her celebratory dinner too. Very thoughtful and lovely gift she gave her too. I think it's sweet of Bex to do that so Jules can feel as if her parents were a part of her special day too. Congratulations to Jules for finishing the aspiration in style! Good that she's working on the Writing skill now too.

Very pretty and skillful Nanny Jules hired, I'm glad Ruby likes her. I think Nannies get that sweater because the Devs in their infinite wisdom belief they should be elders for some reason. Perhaps to make them look more friendly and comforting too? I don't know. I saw those screenshots of the Nanny running off with Ruby before and got a laugh out of it. That would happen sometimes in TS2 as well. Freaked me out the first time it happened. But was relieved when the toddler showed up at the mailbox when the Nanny actually walked off the lot.

Thanks, I figured it made the most sense considering Josh is always wearing that flight jacket, it's what gave me the idea. :) I have a couple ideas for their house, nothing firm yet though. I can't decide if I want to modify a Victorian style I already downloaded for another Sim in another save, build my own Victorian or perhaps go more rustic/grunge since I just got JTB last night! I'm excited to build with that pack, mostly the reason I got it. Love the CAS though too.

HAHA! Somehow I knew you or someone would notice that onesie! Yeah, Essa and Josh peruse Plopsy whenever I can remember and they both have baby and toddler onesies in their inventory for the future. :)

Fantastic photos of all our challenge Sims! Thanks so much for sharing them. Everyone looks great! Love them! <3

@SoulGal7
    Sounds like a good plan for Sakura and yourself for the coming months. I think after Sims are accepted to Uni, they have up to a week to enroll before they need to go through the process again. But don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% sure. o.O

It wasn't either Molly or Essa's fault for Damon taking his own life that way, it was his erratic decision. But if you think about it, I can understand why both would feel it was for the reasons I gave. In hindsight, I should've made them both angrier at him though for doing that, perhaps slap his face or something at least. Nothing I can do about that now.

Essa hasn't forgiven him and that's not the reason she brought him back to life. She did it for Molly and out of guilt. She never wanted him to die, not really, just hurt him like he did her. I'm glad she gave him a second chance at life, not everyone gets that, Damon's lucky and he knows it. Anyway, I won't keep trying to explain everything, I thought I did in the post. I'm sorry if it triggered something to make you feel the need to tear my reasonings apart. That wasn't my intension. I think I need to work on my writing skills and perhaps begin to plan things out better instead of writing by the seat of my pants. I don't know...

Anyway, Damon is already beginning to try to make things right. He and Molly are very happy together and he won't hurt her or anyone else from here forward. As I've shared with others, it will take a long time for him to earn Essa's trust, if it's even possible. Trust is something very hard to get back once it's lost. She can somewhat forgive him, she has a good soul, but she won't ever forget.

I forgot YA Sims could get part-time jobs now, fun that Sakura has one in fast food. Aww, I'm so glad Sakura and Wolfgang opened their acceptance letters together, so sweet. Congrats to both of them for getting accepted for what they wanted and a lot more. Congrats to Sakura too for all the scholarships she was awarded. So cute how they both keep giving each other autonomous kisses. :) I have to say, Wolfgang looks very cute without all the eyeliner too!

Oh gosh, I bet Josh will look hot in uniform too! I can't wait to see him in one. I've always loved him in that flight jacket with the dog tags. That jacket is actually what gave me the idea for having him be a military man. :) Yeah, I know there's the Freelancer career, but I'm sure Essa will have her hands full already with trying to solve the mystery. They don't need more money, they're set for life with over 700K now. I'm actually trying to see if I can get them to a million. Just for fun! ;) Sorry about not being able to read the amount for the painting, I should've made it bigger. You're right though, it was double digit, over 18K! o.O

@Hermitgirl
    Yes, I'd say it showed great remorse for what he did, not a very wise thing to do, a bit extreme, but he did have the erratic trait at the time. He is definitely on the straight and narrow path now. He and Molly will be very happy together. He will prove himself to Essa, but it will take some time. Like I said to permanentrose above, it's hard to trust in someone again after it's been lost, you can forgive, but you'll never forget. They will be friends in the future, but I doubt it will ever be the same as before.

Oh man I love how Roxanne debated that guy with the statue she'd TP'ed behind them, so funny! :D The eyerolls and yawns are hilarious! Congrats to her for winning the debate, was there ever any doubt? :D Gawd! I see her stalker is back, go away Geoffrey! Sheesh! Roxanne could've used Morphiate on him or Strangify! I love those two spells. :D

Oh Wow! So, so fun how Roxanne got engaged to Rubanoid at the Romance festival! Why am I not surprised? ;) Seems just like something she would do. Congrats to the new couple! Oh hey! I just had a thought. Essa and Roxanne are friends now in my challenge save. I should introduce Roxanne to Frank! Maybe she can have a robot love in my save too!? Maybe that way too Frank will leave Essa alone. LOL

@Skeilah
    Bryon's doing really well at completing aspirations, great job! Love that painting Bryon did, I've never seen it before. Of course Naoki tried to peek in the boxes. :D Great idea going to the museum (aspiration task complete for the win! ;) ) to help calm Bryon down before finals and for Randi to tell him about the new love in her life. I'm happy for Randi, she deserves some happiness after all she's been through, just like Bryon said to her. And of course Bryon passed with flying colors! Congrats to him, and to you! :)

Beautiful CC balloons for the reveal party! Randi's gone all out for this eh? :) Congrats to Bryon for his graduation and so wonderful that Isaius was in class so you could get screenshots of them graduating together. Wow, so weird how they all changed out of their robes after graduating! I've never seen that happen before. Love how Johnny showed up to share Bryon's big day with him too! It's a nice segue for Strangerville next month too. ;)

Fantastic photo of all the challenge Sims! Thanks for doing that and sharing it! I love it! <3

@IllusoryThrall
    Benny sounds like an interesting character, kind of a loser, but I know that's intentional. I'm guessing he has the hot headed trait judging by your story that the kids try to stay out of his way. I wonder what happened in his life to make him the way he is, or perhaps nothing did and he's just like that. Sad that he and his wife fight all the time in front of the children. Like you said, not a very good life for them. I can tell you've thought a lot about your characters just from this first update. I'm curious to see what the others, and especially Jazmyn are like.

I feel so bad for Marnie stuck in a loveless marriage, a nightmare apartment and six kids to take care of as well. I hope one day she does get that day in the park with a romance novel. She must be a saint for putting up with all that. I'm sure the only reason she stays is for the children, feeling trapped not being able to support them herself.

@Ellupelluellu
    I've been trying to do the same thing with my screenshots when Sims kiss, take them from an angle you can't see their lips. It's sad there is a need to do that. I had hoped that would be improved at some point, but I seriously doubt it will now. Well now, Nik should be happy that Essa did bring his doppelganger back to life at least eh? ;)

Melody and Malcom's garden looks so beautiful! I don't blame you for not letting Melody cure herself yet. It's a fun curse! :) Nice to see Essa in solid form again. I bet she'll be a ghostly vendor still in the Realm though. :D I'm sure River did not make the guitar, the game most likely just gave it to him to play as an NPC busker. Josh has the best guitar and the best violin and when I wasn't playing with him, he'd show up busking with that homemade guitar and the homemade violin all the time.

Oh hey, Hi there Nik! Fun seeing him again, and fun that he's supporting Melody at her party! hehe Sorry Malcom you got what you deserved for crashing your lady's party! I absolutely love that paranoid look on Melody's face whenever she looks around before doing a prank. It's just so funny! hehe

Whew! Okay, think I'm all caught up. At least with comments, still need to play and make my daily post for the day. Hope y'all are having a fun weekend! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    I'm glad you're enjoying the backstories. I have put quite a bit of work into them, and it's been SO much fun! I can't wait to actually start the challenge.. so working on backstories is all that's filling my mind as I slowly step through introducing the family. If I wasn't doing the intros staggered like this, I'd probably be going crazy thinking about the start of the challenge.. LOL
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @IllusoryThrall

I'm glad you're giving backstories, It helps for everyone to get to know and care about your Sims. I should've done that myself, but their stories have been slowly developing over the course of the challenge with little insights here and there. :) So glad you're having fun with this so far, that's what it's all about, of course. Not much longer before you can officially start too. Don't know if you've noticed, but I put a link to your blog on the first page along with everyone else doing the challenge. :)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    @Skeilah - What a fabulous group photo of the challenge sims with the university in the background. It really is a great job.

@permanentrose - More great photos, and everyone looks ready for Strangerville. And that second shot...how did you get some of them to look scared! That is really good.

@IllusoryThrall - Nice to meet Marnie. She seems to be struggling, but is also has the strength and courage to do things herself. Great background story.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @SoulGal7 It's just the pose - it's actually made to be based off this iconic TS4 cover art image :) I didn't add in the props (cell phone and rose) since I was too lazy for that haha
    1iMprFN.jpg

• Options
    @SoulGal7 It's just the pose - it's actually made to be based off this iconic TS4 cover art image :) I didn't add in the props (cell phone and rose) since I was too lazy for that haha
    1iMprFN.jpg

You do great work @permanentrose . You're very talented.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @SoulGal7 I didn't make the pose myself - wish I could do that, haha! I just tediously pose them all in my game with stuff other people make, that's all :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top