Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @SoulGal7 True, phones don't work fully off the grid, but I actually had Jules leave her phone at Bex's house when she moved to Mt. Komorebi. In a moment of rash decision making, she decided she didn't want to have to deal with having her phone with her and wanted to cut ties with her ld life, so she left it behind and hasn't gotten a new one. But really she still has a phone and is on it constantly lol. I'm sure there's a mod to stop phones from working, but I'm just careful not to get screenshots with her using her phone haha
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    @permanentrose , haha well pumpkin was sniffing Uku and she was not so impressed :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Karababy52 - March 4 - So sorry, I thought I had commented on this one. So happy for Essa that she found her father. And I love that Disney song...a suitable song, considering her name is Essa. I am sure that she was doted on when she was a child, and then taken away by her mother when she was 2. And how appropriate that her birthday is April 1st - the next month change. I am so happy that Essa has found a loving father, and love the photo she took of him. Now, about that potion, I do know what she plans on doing with that...but seriously, severe nausea is not nearly enough to afflict the type of pain she should on "that" vampire who took advantage of her.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2021
    March - Day 5: "Trust the Magic of New Beginnings"

A comment on today's daily post pic. I had to post this one, it's just TOO funny! Essa traveled to the Realm and when she arrived, Simeon and Morgyn started freaking out and cheering for her. I know it's only because she has a pristine reputation, but it just cracked me up! :D

efOatjr.png

Notes
    BnUfIUA.png
    Essa went back to the Realm that night and began training with her Father. The first thing he instructed was the proper way to practice her new Spellcasting ability. She could try with or without a wand until she got a feel for which way was the most comfortable for her. Since the only wand she had wasn't 'real', only a prop, she would begin using hand magic until she could buy a wand at Caster's Alley. She traveled there after saying Good Night to her Father and checked out the vendor's wares. None of the wands available seemed like something she'd want, but the vendor said new stock was coming the next day. She went back to the house after that and went to bed.

In the morning, she took one more vacation day from school and went out in the back yard to practice what she'd been taught by her Father. Watching the rainbow colored sparkles flying from her hand would never get old. It all still seemed like such a dream. She spent some time practicing and then decided to travel again to the Realm. As she ran toward the trail, she saw a familiar figure walking down it a short distance ahead of her. It was Molly who had come for a visit.

zhNj2gk.png
    Molly told her she'd knocked on the door, but when Essa hadn't answered she figured maybe she was in the Realm and was going to call her later instead.

"I'm sorry, I was in the backyard practicing some magic and didn't hear you knock."
    "It's okay, I just stopped by to find out how everything went. Obviously you're a Spellcaster now, right?"

1S1vmmU.png
    "YES! Oh man Molly, I tried to call you yesterday, but I guess you didn't have your new phone yet. Anyway, you won't believe it! It was incredible!"

She excitedly told Molly all about how she had to take a test, and then the rite of ascension process, how she already had a potion and a tome, but hoped to buy more today, and then she told her the best news of all.

4fFiVhB.png
    "Remember how I wanted to talk to Simeon, find out what he meant about my Mother?"
    "Yes, the whole reason you went there. Well, and to become a Spellcaster and get back at Damon."
    "Yeah, Damon...well, that's not important right now. Hold on to your headphones because I'm about to blow your mind....Simeon is my Father!"

"What!? Seriously?! No way Jose! That's incredible!"

"Seriously! It's a long story, but it's true! I'm so happy Molly, I finally know who I am, where I come from, even how old I am! I'm 17 by the way, not that it matters, but yeah. I finally have a life, a history that isn't just full of bad stuff anymore."

efMOji2.png
    Essa told Molly the entire story Simeon shared with her yesterday and then asked if Molly wanted to go back to the house and have something to eat, maybe spend the night. But Molly unfortunately couldn't stay, she had to get back to Windenburg in time to pick up her phone. She promised to call as soon as she knew her new number and come back for another longer visit very soon. Molly left and Essa ran down the trail to the Portal.

v0DJeRw.png
    When Essa arrived in the Realm, Simeon and Morgyn were there to greet her.
    "Seriously, how do you know when I'm coming here?"
    "Your Father's a very skilled Sage Essa, he has learned the ability to know when someone he cares about is near." Said Morgyn.

"You sensed her too Morgyn."
    "Well, yes, yes, I did."

6gFRqCp.png
    "Can your Father get a hug?"
    "Of course...Father, it still doesn't seem real calling you that. But I'm looking forward to getting used to the idea. Should I call you Father? Dad? Or...Daddy?"

e321dKp.png
    "That's the first time I've ever heard you call me any of those. I never thought I would. Whatever is most comfortable for you my sweet Essa."
    (I want a hug too. I wonder if she remembers me.)

uZbfeXU.png
    "Yes, I actually do remember you."
    "You do? What do you remember?"
    "Well I think it was you, someone with blond hair like you anyway. But I've had dreams of someone with blond hair holding something that sparkled and shined above me, making it swing back and forth and laughing when I tried to catch it."
    "It was a necklace, a gold necklace with a key...the one you wear now around your neck. I gave it to you because you loved it so much."
    "You gave it to me? I've treasured it all these years. It's the one thing I've always kept wherever my Mother and I happened to go."
    "You have no idea how happy that makes me. I looked for it when you...left and couldn't find it, so I hoped that you had it and would think of me."

Pyy3qqd.png
    "I did, I did think of you, even if I didn't know who I was thinking about, I knew someone must've given it to me but my Mother would never tell me who. She tried to throw it away once, but I took it out of the trash when she wasn't looking."
    "I'm so glad you're back, here where you belong, where we all love you."
    "Man, I'm going to cry again."
    "It's alright my dear, go ahead and cry, I'll join you."

Morgyn and Essa shared a warm hug, both trying their hardest not to burst into tears. Pulling apart with shining eyes, Essa wiped away tears that tried to escape and caught Morgyn doing the same before they both turned to look at Simeon.

KzlWMzJ.png
    "I have some duties I have to attend to for awhile, but Morgyn has volunteered to help with your training today until I can get away."
    "Cool, sounds good."

eJYyaJc.png
    "I'll be teaching you more ways to practice and hone your Spellcasting skills and perhaps try a little light mock dueling. Just so you get an idea of what to expect when you are ready for the real thing."
    "Let's do it!"
    "I'll see you two later then."
    "Okay, see you soon...Dad."
    Simeon broke out into a big beautiful smile hearing her call him that before he hurried away.

F6TQMAa.png
    "Alright, prepare yourself, gather the magic to you and try to block the magic your opponent, me, will throw your way. Ready?"
    "Yes, I'm ready."

drBiOo8.png
    "Oww! That hurt a little."
    "Don't block it with your head, use your magic, use the magic inside you."

lktbkLN.png
    "Alright, that's better. You dispersed my magic a little. Good job. Get ready though, I'm going to push a little more powerful magic your way."
    "A real opponent will not tell you when the magic will come toward you. You need to be focused and on your guard at all times."
    "Okay, here it comes!"

"Oh God..."

gJ3ULee.png
    "AHHHH!"
    "Fantastic! You blocked it, but you're still ducking your head. Don't do that. Be confident, look fierce and show your opponent who's the better Spellcaster."
    "Alright, I think that's enough for tonight."

MgEWYs2.png
    "Great job Essa, you'll be dueling for real in no time! Keep practicing and practice some more."
    "Thanks Morgyn, you're a great teacher."
    "I know." Morgyn said and laughed. "That's why I'm a Sage."
    Essa laughed too and then left to find her Father.

e4Wm5wx.png
    Simeon was doing some gardening in an outdoor garden on a second floor balcony when she found him. He watched her practice first, instructing her on the proper form and stance.

rpFuyWY.png
    He also taught her another spell and finally gave her a potion recipe to try.
    "There are many cauldrons here at HQ for you to use if you do not have your own yet."
    "I have one. It was a gift from a...a friend."
    (Should I still think of Damon as my friend? Even after what he did to me?)
    "Alright, but you may still use any of our cauldrons while you are in the Realm. They are here for all students to use for brewing known potions or for experimenting to find new ones."
    "Okay, cool. Thanks!"

Essa left the Realm after that with the promise to come back in the morning to continue her lessons.

4W2ps5m.png
    Back at the house, she took care of some needs and went out to the Magic room to try experimenting in the cauldron for the first time. She hoped everything would go well. Simeon had told her there was a very real possibility she could get a curse if she wasn't careful.
    "Just don't try using it while you're overcharged with magic and you'll be fine." He'd said, which led into a whole discussion about curses and what it meant to be overcharged. He told her one day she'd learn how to discharge her magic to avoid curses.
    (Oh boy, here goes nothing!)
    (Maybe putting this on a rug wasn't such a good idea.) She wondered watching sparks floating around in the small chamber. It was getting very hot in there too, but unfortunately, the windows she'd had installed couldn't be opened.
    (Well now, that was dumb. Opps!)

ISJYpNb.png
    (A pinch of this, a pinch of that. How much is a pinch anyway?)

bL82beg.png
    (Gawd! You didn't tell me how hard and hot doing this was going to be Dad. Maybe brewing potions isn't for me. I'll stick to spells.)
    (Maybe it gets better over time?)
    (I hope so because this sure isn't fun.)

Essa gave up experimenting, having only succeeded in making herself sweat. Her eyes were burning too from the smoke. She decided maybe it would be a good idea to knock out a wall or two to get some fresh air in the room while she was experimenting. She'd look into that tomorrow.

She went to bed after that and dreamt of a cackling crooked nosed witch chasing her round and round the cauldron shouting, "I'll get you my pretty." She began to make little mewling sounds of pleasure and whisper out loud in her sleep, "Yes, Oh God Yes!" when the witch caught her and turned into Damon. "I love you, I need you." He said, then pulled her to him and kissed her. She kissed him back and began eagerly fumbling with his belt buckle while he unbuttoned her blouse and....

Essa would not remember any of it when she awoke the next morning.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my March 5th Post above! Comments and replies coming up next. I apologize for the length of my post, it ended up longer than I intended. Be back soon! <3
    @Skeilah
    Love your daily post pic with everyone standing there ready to learn how to brew potions! LOL at Jules for being late. I like the groups you selected to work together. :) *waves at Melody (@Ellubelluellu)* You did a great job with Essa's makeover! That dress is beautiful! I really like Julian, he's so darn cute with those cat ears and his plans for being a vet! He's just so happy-go-lucky, even when he's bored! :) Wow, nice reveal there for Beatrix. So cute how protective Rose is of her and how helpful and compassionate Carrie is to Rose. :)

So cute Bryon used Scrubaroo on Johnny. The look on his face is priceless! Congrats to him for reaching Milestone 3 as well! Woo! The duels looked like SO much fun. I'm not surprised Bryon is that powerful. I have to ask though, did Johnny really not win against Bryon? That screenshot looks suspiciously like Johnny actually beat him. Just curious... Wow, can't believe Morgyn asked Bryon to help him kill his Father. I'm with Bryon, the man should be cured not killed. o.O Bummer Johnny got cursed, but if you have to get a curse, there's A LOT worse than that one. ;)

*Gasp* WOW! What a twist on this story! That was brilliant! Did NOT see that coming at all, I love it! *bows to the genius* Oh boy, it just complicates everything now though doesn't it? o.O

I couldn't make Essa stay mad at Molly, no way Jose! They're BFFs and Molly helped her find Josh. She'll always be grateful to her for that. :) LOL I couldn't resist having her say that. She wouldn't but she thought about it. :D Yep, she's tired of being used and abused. But her life is looking up now. So maybe she will go a little easier on Damon as a result. And yeah, I couldn't resist the knife thing either. *chop chop Damon* HAHA

YES! I did notice the hair color on Bryon! I didn't notice on Johnny's though. Reading your latest chapter with the duels. I couldn't help but notice that Bryon looks suspiciously a bit like Harry Potter. Is that what you were going for with the glasses and clothes? Just curious... ;) Too bad Roxanne isn't a powerful enough Spellcaster to turn herself back. I'm curious how she's doing. Hope we find out soon!

Yes, I did and hopefully she plays a part in bringing Isaius down. Though I'm a little confused now considering the teen ghost situation. I get they are both Isaius, but which one will 'live' in the end? And if one of them dies, do they both die? Or is each of them just a part of one soul and they'll meld back together? I know you won't say and I don't want you to, love surprises. But it gets me wondering and intrigued with how this is all going to play out! :)

Yeah Essa's a powerful Spellcaster, just like Bryon, she just hasn't come into her own yet, but she'll get there. :) Glad you were surprised about Simeon being her Father. I thought for sure everyone would see where I was going with this back when he started talking about her Mother when they met in the bar. Glad that wasn't the case! Interesting how our stories are kind of similar but...not. eh? I love it! It is very sad, Essa's Mom is not a very good person, not at all and she doesn't have the excuse of being cursed like Isaius. The daily pic? Thanks, I love that one too, it's so pretty with the candles lending a soft glow to Essa. :)

@Kanindota
    It's fun writing Simeon as her Father. You know what made me think that he could be? Something extremely simple....ready?....his hair color! LOL It's similar to Essa's so I thought, why not? As for Damon, we shall see how all that turns out. ;) Hmm, I don't think Dirk can resurrect himself using a spell, but River should be able to do it once he learns a certain spell! I don't mind writing long comments, I just didn't want to burden anyone with having to read my rambles if it was too much. I know a lot of you guys are very busy and probably don't have much time for reading extra stuff besides what you're required to read. If that makes sense?

Oh dear, River started the TV on fire with Infirniate, Opps! :D Good thing he got it replaced before Dirk found out! o.O I saw that baby pic in the Last Screenshot thread. Just as permanenrose shared, it's a bug/glitch right now. Hopefully they'll fix it soon!

@permanentrose
    Gosh, from the title I thought you'd wrote a time jump post or something and Jules had the baby already. But it's an ultrasound, cool! Very nice of @Skeilah to loan you her Simself and her SimDog! I bet Jules especially loved the dog. ;) Good luck on getting the Scout badge, cool Sims can still exercise while pregnant. I didn't think they could.

Thanks for letting me know about my comments question. I'm not getting burnt out, just didn't want y'all to have to read the novels I write for replies if it bothered you or didn't have time to read them. I tend to ramble and they can get long sometimes. o.O

Thanks! I use an action I recorded just for this challenge in Photoshop so I don't have to edit them all from scratch. Not that I do much too them anyway. I love my gaming desktop! Can't believe I played Sims from TS1 thru 4 years into TS4 on subpar computers. It's an entirely different world playing with the correct specifications for the game. :)

No I have not made Simeon officially her Dad in the game. I'm scared to try. I've read if you do anything with the Sages, other than befriending them, they'll lose their Sage status. I would seriously cry if he ended up not being a Sage anymore from doing that. I love my Sages and don't want any random ones. I'll just pretend. :) I was even hesitant to change the HQ lot for a different build because of that, but I did it anyway. I just saved and decided I'd go back if it messed up my Sages. ;) I guess I could try that with making Simeon her Father too, but meh... Yep, it all boils down to creativity, which is a good thing! That's why I jumped into the creativity pool with Essa's story way back in Mt. Komorebi.

@AnnoyingTiger
    Aww, man thanks! I hope your dream comes true one day as well! *Hugs* Ohhh, I didn't know cats could be afraid of Sims. Clearly I haven't played with pets very much. That'll change once we reach Brindleton Bay. I'm looking forward to it! Yeah, I don't get why we can give Dogs baths, but not Cats. Makes no sense. Just like how there is no water bowls. Why?

LOL Pic of the day is hilarious how Astrid is vacuuming the lawn with Duane looking at her like she's nuts or something. Was that dust she fell in? On the lawn? What the...? LOL I wonder if the bees had anything to do with the energy guy saying she was in compliance. Well done Astrid, well done! ;) Awww, love all the photos of Astrid, Duane and Pumpkin! So cute! Aww, speaking of cute, love the little gif of Pumpkin playing with the toy on her scratching post/bed. Oh yeah, Duane's got her key! Woo Hoo! (literally maybe?) Uh oh, looks like she got zapped from being overcharged. Did Pumpkin save her? I've read familiars can save their owners from dying from an overcharge.

@Hermitgirl
    I'm glad you like that line, I honestly did not notice it rhymed until you pointed it out! I should've ended it with 'Blessed be' or something. :D

Aww man, thank you so much for saying that. Makes me feel better. I thought everyone thought perhaps it was too mushy because of the low rating on it. :D It's one of my favorite posts too! And yes, it made me tear up writing it. I'm such a mushpot, but I love it! :) Again, I didn't even think about it being April Fools day! That's hilarious! I guess we are all April Fools, or our characters are anyway. hehe

Muwahaha That she found that tome first just cracked me up! I thought, perfect! Hello Damon, I got a little surprise for you! ;) But yeah, she'll do more than that to him at some point. Oh gosh of course you've never done that inferniate trick, nope, nada, nine, zip, zilch, no way Jose! ;)

Love that entire kit! Drooling over that kitchen in the kit! I love to build and anytime I can get some new stuff to build it's a great day. Especially kitchens. We don't have very many counters or cupboards at all! Probably get it soon, I'm just waiting to see what the next pack is first. Hubby said I could get whatever the next pack is as a birthday present and I don't want to blow it on a $5 kit if I can get a GP or EP instead. ;)

Thanks for your thoughts about the length, indepthness of my comments. I'm not forcing it, rambling on and on with my thoughts for comments just comes natural to me, but I know not everyone likes to do that or read gobs of text, so I just thought I'd ask in case y'all were getting sick of my blabbermouth ways. Seems everyone doesn't mind, so I'll keep writing them like I have been doing.

Sounds like you're taking it slower with Roxanne the same as I am with Essa. She knows I think three potions now and three spells. That's it! She hasn't even asked anything of L. Faba yet. She's been buying tomes though in Caster's Alley. Most of them are at ranks higher than she is though. She's practiced a little at home and in the Realm had Simeon and Morgyn mentor her once each, but that's it so far. Oh and she experimented on the cauldron, that's how she learned one of the potions.

Oh wait, she knows four potions, forgot about Plentiful Needs. She just learned it though from the cauldron. LOL I'll let her drink that if she's been in the Realm all night and doesn't have time to sleep before school. But that'll probably be it, for now. She already bought a bunch of apples in Caster's Alley so she's set there. Might have her plant one in the greenhouse too. You know, of all three Sages, I seem to gravitate toward Simeon the most too! But I try to give them all equal time and friendship with Essa. She'll be chatting with L. Faba next time she goes to the Realm.

HAHA 'this never happened' CUT! So funny about Archie taking that job too. I don't think I've ever had any of my Sims to those job offers before. They are usually at a way higher rank already than the job offer. Crossing my fingers your computer hiccup didn't lose the opportunity for Archie! o.O

@Ellupelluellu
    Very cool you made Astrid and Jenny 5 Star Celebrities! Oh my Gosh have you ever seen that meme of a cat walking away from an explosion? That's what the screenshot of Pumpkin walking away from that fight looks like! Hilarious! HAHA OMG! I love how Uku was freaking out over both of them and then passed out. So funny, what's even more hilarious is how Pumpkin looks like she's smelling his armpit! Fun screenshots, thanks for sharing! :)

@SoulGal7
    No worries, it's cool. :) I want to thank you again for the Essa suggestion for Tessa's real name. It's been very appropriate and influential when writing for her. Especially now in ROM. I had to make her birthday that date just for that reason. :) She was a very well loved child by her Father and everyone that was a part of Magic HQ while she lived there. Please don't worry that Essa will only use the Severe Nausea potion on Damon, he has more coming to him, definitely! He deserves it!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited March 2021
    March 6
    f8N8dbH.png

Bryons Diary
    (Bryon) “Argh, I can’t concentrate. I don’t understand why Morgyn asked me something like that... I know that it sounds weird because I don’t even have one good memory with my 'father', but that man isn’t my father. I really want to know who my father is... Like.. The real one.”

uHJ6UcD.png
    (Naoki) “I get that. Totally!”

vLWBMC2.png
    (Naoki) “I’ll always have your back, you know that, right?” *kiss*
    (Bryon) “I know”

Then the bell rang.

Fxcw3Ds.png
    (Bryon) “Oh, I think that’s Gabbie.”
    (Naoki) “Don’t mind me. I’m just finishing these cookies for me and Jules and then I’m off. I’m still so exited that she came all the way to Glimmerbrook!!”

52GfB55.png
    (Gabbie) “Hello Naoki!”
    (Naoki) “Hi Gabbie, how are you??”
    (Gabbie) “I’m doing great, thanks! Are you making cookies?”
    (Naoki) “Yep. For me and my friend Jules. We’re going on a little picnic”
    (Gabbie) “Ohhhh, have fun!”

UZUuQlY.png
    (Bryon) “We’re going to use the cauldron, okay? Have fun with Jules!”
    (Naoki) “Thanks! Have fun with potions!”

pu8Mi9t.png
    (Gabbie) "Naoki is so nice. You're lucky to have him."
    (Bryon) "I know."
    (Gabbie) “So why do you still look mad about something?”
    (Bryon) “That’s because I am...”
    (Gabbie) “Tell me.”

f6d5aXT.png
    (Bryon) “Do you still know when Morgyn wanted to talk to me in private yesterday...?”

LeIKx1b.png
    (Gabbie) “Yeah. What’s up with it?”

4mAOwFC.png
    (Bryon) “Argh... I’m going to tell you a weird story, okay? Don’t laugh. It sounds so surreal.”
    (Gabbie) “I’m all ears”
    (Bryon) “Just like most people, I have a father. I always hated my father. He made me feel like my existence on this planet was useless. A few months ago, he threw me out of the house. I made friends for the first time, they basically became the family I never had.. I met Naoki, the man of my life… And some time later… I met Johnny for the first time. I learned that I have a younger brother, I learned that my father was hiding me for the world, that my mother searched me for years, … My father literally ruined my entire life. I came in contact with a very good detective who knows my father and what crimes he’s committed while I was locked up. They’ve been trying to find him for years now, but without success… Morgyn is actually a good friend of the detective. They helped her trying to catch my father, but again, nothing…”

zCFpxLu.png
    (Gabbie) “This could be from a bestselling story…”
    (Bryon) “But this is actually my life. I’m not done yet. So, recently Morgyn and the detective found out that my father is actually cursed. The man that ruined my life isn’t my father. It’s a curse. Someone who’s acting like it’s my father, but it’s cruel and doesn’t have a heart. I don’t know my real father… And now Morgyn… Yesterday they asked me if I wanted to work together with them, to take my father down… And kill him… But the thing is... My actual father must be present somewhere... I can’t do that. I can’t kill.”
    (Gabbie) “No way…. Morgyn, my stepdad, did that???”
    (Bryon) “Yes.. I asked them if there was another way to break the curse, to free my actual father, but.. He didn’t answer me…”

ifpcQoI.png
    (Gabbie) “…”
    (Bryon) “I can’t kill him… I want to meet him and tell him that nothing of all this was his fault…”

b3tglKo.png
    (Gabbie) “Hey, come here. If I can ever help you out… I mean… You also want to help me with Roxanne…”
    (Bryon) “I’m so sorry that I’m being sad about this while we were going to talk about plans to find Roxanne…”
    (Gabbie) “Don’t be sorry for that! This is also a serious matter. We’ll find Roxanne and we’ll free your father without the need of killing him.”
    (Bryon) “How can you say for sure…?”
    (Gabbie) “Because we’re Gabbie and Bryon! We can do this!”
    (Bryon) “Hahaha, oh, I really love your enthusiasm. Thanks, Gabbie.”

y83XzUy.png
    *phone buzzing*

(Gabbie) “Oh, I’m so sorry. It’s my friend, Gage. He sent me a text, asked me to call him. I’ll go outside for a moment.”

dm0odxb.png
    (Bryon) “I’ll just experiment a bit while waiting for you”

xdCcjpQ.png
    But that didn’t last long.

(Gabbie, outside) “AAAAHHH!!! BRYON!!!!”
    (Bryon) “What is it?!”

gofCbqa.png
    (Gabbie) “A cat!! A cat on the floor!! It looks like it's about to die!!!”

V12qkTh.png
    (Bryon) “Oh no, poor cat… Come here…”
    (Gabbie) “I’ll text Gage that the call has to wait. Kitty comes first!”

Behind the scenes
    Gage indeed went back for ghost Isaius when he had the chance, and he invited him over to his own house.

2rbRepp.png
    (Gage) “So, if I get this right… The man I’ve been working is a dangerous soul formed by a curse? And you’re the real deal?”
    (Isaius) “Right.”
    (Gage) “Like you really had some fight with that thing to see who would get to keep the body??”
    (Isaius) “... Yeah...”

eHPBfaP.png
    (Gage) “So cool!”
    (Isaius) “... I don’t really think it’s cool that I’ve been locked up in a so called recipe for so many years… And for me it just feels like I slept a few hours…”

7phdsG6.png
    (Gage) “I’m sorry, you’re totally right. So… What now?”

TdH3x08.png
    (Isaius) “I don’t know. I thought you would know.”
    (Gage) “Well, I’m not really good at thinking stuff. Gabbie is the thinker.”
    (Isaius) “Gabbie?”

C6jn5wB.png
    (Gage) “My friend, Gabbie. She’s awesome! I think she could help us out.”
    (Isaius) “Should we really involve more people in this…?”
    (Gage) “Do you have a better idea? I think it’s the best idea I had in ages!”
    (Isaius) “Okay. Maybe we should involve your friend. But only your friend!!”

WqtcdwB.png
    (Gage) “Right. I’ll send her a message.”
    (Gage) “Andddd… Send!”
    (Isaius) “What’s that thing…?”
    (Gage) “You seriously don’t know what a phone is?”
    (Isaius) “A phone… Interesting…”

Hn4Zv3U.png
    And then, the phone buzzed. Isaius jumped away from it. Poor Isaius, hahaha.

(Isaius) “What was that?!”
    (Gage) “Gabbie answered. She told me that something urgent came up. She’ll call me back later.”
    (Isaius) “So… We have to wait?”
    (Gage) “Ugh… Sure looks like it”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Update 65 - And so time passes

KbojZIf.png

Notes:
    This update covers a lot of time, a couple weeks I believe, but I'm kind of just going for the vibe of an indeterminate amount of time passing, since sim time and this challenge timeline make for a weird timeline that I don't really want the headache of defining. It was a nice opportunity to let Jules' hair "grow" and bump her into her second trimester. In this time, Jules finished the knitting and painting aspirations, as well as earned all but two of her scout badges. So we've been productive :)

Jules is more or less happy. She hangs out with Lydia a lot. She emails Bex and Dell to let them know she's alive to keep them from freaking out, and while using Lydia's laptop, she often can't help but to check Emmett and Mario's social media updates to see what they are up to, though she hasn't interacted with either of them. She still doesn't have a plan for what to do about telling Mario (or anyone) about the baby, or what she's going to actually do when the baby is born, but why figure those things out when avoiding them is so easy? :):):)(I totally have a plan though, don't worry)

So here's some photos I took over this time.

f8P9U5m.png

1NXmgUI.png

:D:D:D
    NybYwDT.png

pKAUwQD.png

I bulldozed one of the rental lots here in Mt. Komorebi and plopped a museum from the gallery there so she could finish the painting aspiration.
    unwCPvG.png

kLXfH4p.png

Lydia is always there for her on days when she needs some extra love and support
    9acL7mO.png

No need to fear an accidental vending machine death with pregnant sims.
    MAikep2.png
    2mbuDed.png

She has herself a nice little simmi collection now :)
    0AUCcN9.png

Another appointment with Dr. C
    E4R36ZX.png

Finally made that honey cake and thought of @lilypadmeulin. I honestly didn't even know honey cake was a thing until you were talking about wanting to do it with Jenny.
    7zRAVrw.png

NxMQAa9.png

Hello, bees! If only Brittany were close by, we could send the swarm to attack her....
    cZQD2eO.png

She got her civic duty scout badge by cleaning toilets she first vomited in :D
    q69DIcD.png

Let's put the spliced tree inside the house, maybe my pomegranate will grow then....
    nek062z.png

wVwTIAw.png

Fell asleep during movie night, being pregnant is exhausting <3
    oSAgdKM.png

And some stargazing...
    4F2ipdQ.png

And this is where we shall end for now :)
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    edited March 2021
    Okay so, I think I've added everyone to my game? I commented on the sims I grabbed, so if you're missing a comment, let me know and I'll get them added ^-^)

@Hermitgirl
    Yeah, that's very true c: I yelled at my screen, too! It was so sad T_T But don't worry, they came back yesterday! Just needed some time alone, I suppose c:

The Scruberoo spell is so handy, especially if you're using a cheap shower. Fills the hygiene right up and you get on with your day hehe He's going to be a detective? I hope it saved because I would like to see that.

@permanentrose
    Okay! I added that version instead c:

It's nice to hear that Jules is doing well! Also, what is that sweater?! Oh my god xDD It looks so uncomfortable. I'm so glad pregnant sims can bypass death, that's a relief and you can be a bit more reckless hehe That collection looks so cool, I haven't really messed around with the Simmi collection yet, but I loooove collecting stuff.

@Ellupelluellu
    They may be the celebrities, but Pumpkin is the true star ;) I felt so happy seeing this hehe I even laughed out loud because of Pumpkin! Both of them look so beautiful <3

@SoulGal7
    I just checked, there's two new aspirations for the dust kit - Perfectly Pristine and Fabulously Filthy, both under location. No new traits and I don't see an aspiration for the cooking kit. I didn't buy the athletic one. No, she didn't get electrocuted, but it did fail the first time because of the charge. I didn't even think about key to the heart, that's brilliant <3

@Karababy52
    They look so proud of her, how cute! I didn't see Morgyn's frame standing beside her in the one pick and I thought the sage symbol was above her head for a moment xD I was like WHAT! Morgyn is such a sweetheart, easily my favorite sim. I wonder if there's a spark there for the future? "How much is a pinch?" Not something you should be thinking while making magic potions, girl, oh my xD She seems to be adjusting well to her magic, that's good!

I think she was more scared of the knocking/doorbell than the sim himself. Apparently, when the cats get filthy, they just clean themselves, which is handy I guess, but it takes time and I'd rather just bathe her and get it over with. I could try to cleansing spell but I worry about using magic on her D: Can't wait to see what pet you choose in Brindleton hehe. No, not dust, it was snow, which is weird because there was no snow on the ground but it was a blizzard *shrug* Hm, that's a good question. I didn't know familiars had that option, but I don't think it's a guaranteed death, so I can't be too sure what happened.

@Skeilah
    Glad he was able to confide in her and get some stuff off his chest <3 Hopefully, she doesn't betray him in the future, that would suck. Also, noooo poor kitty D: Please save the kitty!

By the way, I guess I don't have the pack that contains his hair so I chose the best hair I could find for him in my game, hope that's okay. I didn't want to leave him bald ;_;)
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited March 2021
    Day 65, 6 March 2021
    JpGWh4x.jpg
    Ut6Si9F.jpg

Sofia came by upset and crying. She seemed more upset when she saw my face as I came back after visiting Wolfgang I thought she was here to tell me off for kissing too many girls, or worse. My stomach sank further into the depths of the earth. Had she found out about me cheating on Kat? This was short-lived as she left as soon as she arrived--Dirk’s girlfriends came over at the same time and yeah...That pretty much summed up mine and Dirk’s day. 99 problems and girls are one too many.

Notes
    Poorly baby today, Juanito’s got like four teething coming out and he’s very uncomfortable. So a short one from me, I’m glad you guys are enjoying River and Dirk’s ongoing bromance and thank you for the info, River definitely will have to bring Dirk back to life. This is it from me, hope to catch up on your updates soon! @AnnoyingTiger feel free to add River into your game too! I don't mind as well. /With Dirk's two gfs, I thought there would be more of a fight but it was more disappointing looks at Dirk, whose POV I used to get Kyle and Keiko's photos.
    Post edited by Kanindota on
    edited March 2021
    @AnnoyingTiger That sweater is what you can unlock after completing the knitting aspiration. Completely useless but hilarious

@Kanindota Lol, of course your update revolves around girl troubles. Between River and Dirk, you've got quite a lot of that in your game :D Also I hope your baby feels better! I have dealt with many teething babies (I'm a nanny and I have a young niece and nephew as well) and it is not a fun time :(

Proper comments coming later :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2021
    March 6
    d8wY1wx.png
    Roxanne was making potions as part of her aspiration early in the week. I've decided to probably not send her to the Magic Realm during the week.. at least this week and instead take on another project. Getting the other teens some skills!
    I moved Melody in to test first.
    mDYB8PH.png
    Double, double toil and trouble right?
    5quSJKU.png
    Archie helping Melody with homework. Gotta get her higher than a C!
    zKc0THt.png
    Making her skill some basics by book to do some knowledge aspirations. At first I sent Melody to the Magic Realm that night but realized she was too new and didn't have traits to make anything easier. So my goal is to get her .. and all of them the Incredibly Friendly trait. That way they can meet the Sages and get friendships quick. Otherwise it's going to be a hard slog to get all those friendships up. So I have a few aspirations I run through the beginning of to get quick points, maybe by tomorrow she can go meet the Sages. Then I might do a few of the other teens at a time.
    Archie started his new job... it's not the active career detective by the way. It's in the secret agent field. So I just send him off to work. I think his little skinny self looks kind of snazzy!
    alrMbM7.png
    I'll comment to everyone later.. going to be a busy day and I wanted to get this post in!
    egTcBMc.png
    Note: So, I've visited the park in Willow Creek several times and stayed there for hours but collectibles just aren't spawning there anymore :/ I don't understand why but it's quite frustrating when you're trying to complete the curator aspiration. I was also worried about if your sims would even appear in front of her or if she would have to seek them out, but Essa appeared at the park! =D Astrid's first encounter with you guys, how exciting~
    000-6.png
    ntlW6ly.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    Okay so, I think I've added everyone to my game? I commented on the sims I grabbed, so if you're missing a comment, let me know and I'll get them added ^-^)
    @AnnoyingTiger ,
    You haven't commented on Melody, so if you want her too, I'll try to find the link :)

Thank you all for your comments, I am glad you liked how your sims showed up, I was afraid I might of taken too much.. "artistic liberties " :joy:

Okay, I have 3 free days from work , starting tomorrow, and I finally should be able to catch up during then :)

Today I have only had energy to play with one of my testing sims, she keeps testing some house renovations for me :) But I have done it at challenge save, and all of your sims have showed up... but funnily not all of them in places I would of expected to :joy:

I'll post later some pictures :p (all under spoilers, naturally)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu I just double-checked. I did add her but I forgot to comment *facepalm* And nah, not at all. I was really happy seeing the pictures and the adventures all of them got up to. Personally, I've always loved crossovers, so seeing characters I've grown to really like being mashed together is really cool =D
    ntlW6ly.png
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited March 2021
    Day 66, 7 March
    hC7ydlL.jpg
    b5qpCgu.jpg

Dirk still has 2 girlfriends? I tried listening from inside my bedroom door expecting screaming. I steeled my gut in case I needed to intervene. Hey, anyone can do anything when they’re pushed to their limit. As far as I can tell though, it’s not excellent, not even great but the women are putting up with it. Yes, it’s double standard because I’m a cheater too...Need to stop thinking about this, thankfully The Realm is there to take root into our minds, fill the space with spells and potions.

Notes
    Another short one from me, hopefully tomorrow I get to read up on everyone’s and get a chance to comment! I keep saying it’ll be short but go on rambling a bit more, like now. But really, this is the shortest yet. <3
    Edit: Seriously I keep messing up my updates, hopefully this will be the last incident. Ended up posting a few hours early into 7 March, GMT time
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited March 2021
    The Scout Camp is in two parts because so much happened at that camp. So, Part 1 is Saturday, and Part 2 is Sunday. A bit long.

February (Saturday): Day 19: Scout Camp (Part 1)

Rnger-and-bear.png
    Saturday morning was cloudy with a chance of rain and Sakura hoped that weather at the camp would be better. Her morning consisted of tending her garden (oh, look at her mysterious plant!), doing some painting and, of course, playing piano. They were leaving for the camp after Scouts in a camp bus that was transporting them to Granite Falls Campground for a one-night overnight.

look-at-her-little-plant.png

Scouts participating in the overnight camp are: Wolfgang Munch, Luna Villareal, Melody Connors, Sofia Bjergsen, Sakura Li, Bryon Ellison, River Funke-Townes, and Rohan Elderberry. Rohan, Bryon and River all have part-time jobs, and the others are all Scouts (assigned by the game, not me). (You can only take a total of 8 sims on vacation).

THEY-HAVE-ARRIVED.png

They arrive at the camp without incident, and Sakura gets everything organized. The Scouts are quick to put up the tents and organize the food and eating areas. Wolfgang and Rohan chop some wood for the fire.

camp-is-set-up.png

The Ranger comes by to welcome them to Granite Falls Campground, and Sakura greets her. The Ranger also tells them that there have been a lot of bear sightings recently, so to be cautious when walking in the woods. Bears? Oh my gosh!

while-the-scouts-started-arranging-the-campsite-sakura-met-the-ranger.png

bear-sightings.png

who-is-ready-for-the-nature-hike.png

With that done, they are ready to head off on a Photo Nature Scavenger Hunt organized by Melody. Sakura has names written on pieces of paper in a bag, and everyone draws out a name. Sofia ends up as River's partner, much to Luna's dismay. But Luna perks up when she chooses Bryon as a partner. Melody and Rohan are a team, which leaves Wolfgang and Sakura.

heading-off-on-a-hike-rohan-melody-and-bryan.png
    laughing-at-some-jokes-together-sakura.png

Everyone heads off, except Wolfgang and Sakura, as Wolfgang shares a Scout joke with Sakura. Wolfgang and Sakura are just about to head off when they see a bear coming towards them!

a-bear-coming-right-towards-them.png

"Run, Sakura!" shouts Wolfgang.

Sakura runs off thinking that Wolfgang is following her. But Wolfgang has stayed behind to try some techniques he learned in Scouts to ward off the bear.

Wolfgang stands and faces the bear and yells at the bear. He has also grabbed some pots and pans and is hitting them together, making lots of noise.

go-away-bear.png

"You there, bear ,,, go away!" Skidaddle! Get out of here!" Wolfgang shouts.

The bear isn't moving, so Wolfgang shouts even louder.

bear-get-out-of-here.png

"GO AWAY BEAR!"

The bear seems to have gotten the hint and ambles off into the woods. Wolfgang feels pretty brave after that. He is really glad those Scout techniques worked, or things might not have ended up as well.

The scavenger hunt is over and the Scouts return to camp. The only team who completed all 10 photos was Luna and Bryon, having captured a photo of a little chippie.

a-little-chippie-eating.png

The sun is setting and Bryon makes some dinner for everyone. Beans and weiners. Whoa! Bryon has cooking skills. Look at him!

bryon-on-breakfast-duty-beans-and-weinners.png

Sakura has planned the campfire and gathers everyone around for a Weenie Roast (This is a social event).

sofia-plays-guitar.png

Sofia whips out her guitar and started a rousing song of I Met a Bear...

"The other day...I met a bear,
    A great big bear, Oh way out there!..."

And they hadn't even finished the song, and, a fire breaks out! And Wolfgang is on fire!

wolfgang-on-fire.png
    i-was-on-fire.png
    that-was-close.png

Meanwhile, back at the campfire, Rohan is wondering where everybody went. (Look at those lovely charred seats. I went into enablefreebuild and got new ones)

i-thought-we-were-having-a-ghost-story.png

Rohan: "Hey, I thought we were having a ghost story..."

After settling down again, Sakura tells a great ghost story. It was riveting! It was exciting! Sakura was on fire tonight with her storytelling skills. She is hot! hot! hot!! Yep, she is!

sakura-telling-a-story.png

And now Sakura is on fire. Fire # 2! Pandemonium erupts in the camp.

now-sakura-on-fire.png

pandemoniun-at-the-camp.png
    rohan-melody-and-sofia-at-the-washrooms.png

Melody, Rohan and Sofia ran to the outhouses, and for some reason, Sofia took out a violin and started playing a song. (Is this like Nero fiddling while Rome burned?}

Well, the weenie roast is still on, so they all roast weenies and marshmallows.

River has finally toasted the perfect marshmallow. {I had to go into enablefreebuild again and get some new seating, but this time, I put it further away from the campfire.)

a-perfect-marshmallow.png

Someone throws another log on the fire, and swoosh...yep, you guessed it...another fire! That's fire # 3. This time Sofia is engulfed in flames.

and-yes-thats-3-fires-now.png

This one was so bad that the fire department showed up. Well, maybe it was for the last fire, but if they stay long enough, I am sure that another fire will start shortly.

ah-yeah-they-re-scouts-they-live-fire.png

Firefighter: "Hey, these are Scouts. They're prepared. They've got this!" The firefighter is actually doing a little dance while the camp is on fire.

shall-i-just-sing-the-fire-song.png

River laughs at the fire and says the next campfire song should be "Fire's Burning..."

Melody, Luna and Sakura had run up to the outhouses to escape the fire

Melody: "We definitely got the Fire Brigade Badge after this camp! Awesome!"

we-def-got-the-fire-brigade-badge.png

Sakura amazingly (even I was amazed at this) gets a gold medal for her Weenie Roast Gathering.

hosted-a-weinnie-roast.png
    ssakura-got-a-gold-medal-for-weiner-roast-partt.png

And what's this? River and Sofia have some "alone" time together!

river-and-sofia-sitting-together.png

But not for long, as Luna comes over to interrupt...er...chat with them. hehehe

rivers-sentiment-for-sofia.png

And look at this Sentiment that River has towards Sofia after the Weenie Roast. Ahhhh... (this is all autonomous on River and Sofia's part).

The sky is getting darker and they feel raindrops. Oh no! The rain has followed them to the camp.

They head up to the outhouses...I mean they have been going there all night anyway...and use the facilities.

and-and-the-stinky-restroom.png

Bryon is definitely not impressed. with all the flies buzzing about.

can-we-rent-a-cabin.png

Melody is wondering if they could rent a cabin instead of sleeping in a soggy tent all night. Um, Melody, no-one really sleeps at a Scout camp.

camping-is-getting-back-to-nature.png

And River decides to not use the outhouses and be "one" with nature, instead.

Luna has organized a night fishing derby and nothing is going to stop her plans.

luna-leading-a-jog-in-the-rain.png

Luna: "Pfftt....what's a little rain? Right! We're Scouts! Come on, let's go!"

Of course, what Luna doesn't realize is that a thunderstorm is brewing. What more could go wrong at this camp and will Sakura actually become a Llamacorn Scout?

...to be continued...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I Met a Bear song - https://youtube.com/watch?v=Jj9R7u708WM

FIre's Burning song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHJ3rhjZoBE
    @Karababy52
    I'm glad that Essa has Molly as a friend and that she's still coming to visit this month, super nice for her to finally have the consistency and stability in her life to have friends from world to world <3 I also LOVE that Morgyn was the one who gave the necklace to her! I remember you mentioning her getting that necklace back when she got out of the witness protection program, and I was wondering if it was going to be important somehow. Does the key actually open anything though? I guess we'll find out eventually if you do have plans for that...and the mushy stuff is so great, with Essa calling him dad :') What a strange dream...just a dream I wonder, or something that will be important later?

Beautiful screenshots, as always. I do envy that you don't have any edge blurring. I tried to turn edge blurring off in my game and my game ran so slowly it wasn't worth it :( But I can't complain, my game looks so much better on this computer I got this past November than the 2015 mac I was using before that.

It really surprises me what sims can and can't do while pregnant lol. I'm surprised they can't go on a jog or do things like sit ups, yet they can box and use the treadmill, at least through their second trimester, not sure about their third. They can't ice skate or roller skate either. They can't go up in spaceships (learned that one when Rose was pregnant lol). And a whole lot of other weird stuff get's greyed out too and says "Pregnant sims are unable to do this." Well, she won't be pregnant for way too much longer, as you can see, my time jump actually did come today haha. No baby yet, I'm not gonna do it THAT quickly, but sooner rather than later the little one will arrive :)

Yeah, I wouldn't risk messing with your sages, for all intents and purposes, he's her father, and the game doesn't need to recognize it officially for it to work for your story.

@Skeilah
    Dude, you've been so efficient with your sim playing these past few days haha! I love it though :) I love Bryon's mood swing walk in the photo of the day. That always makes me laugh. Teens are so dramatic. More cuteness of Naoki being the most supportive BF ever, I love them so much. And Gabbie is proving to be a great help and asset to him, and her comment about his life being like a best selling novel :joy::joy: AND ROXANNE HAS FOUND THEM, YAY! But she looks like she's in bad shape, oh no...

Also good set up for the Isaius stuff behind the scenes...so when Isaius gets turned back to his real self, will he be a teen or an adult, LOL?

@Hermitgirl
    Lovely shot of Roxanne with the cauldron, potion making suits her. I also love that outfit, I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I love the Beetlejuice vibe. So Archie's secret agent career...is that the same one as the base game, but you just got a pop up to join it? I was just curious, since I have Bex as a secret agent in my game, but she just joined the career the good old fashioned way

@AnnoyingTiger
    I missed your day 10 update somehow, but I will comment on that now as well. YAY, PUMPKIN IS HOME! And what a cute reunion between her and Astrid <3 Aw, and she's officially her familiar too! So can any pet be a familiar? Also why can sims vacuum outside??? That's so funny but also kind of annoying. Also very sweet that Duane and her exchanged promise rings! I don't have that option due to mods in my game anymore, a little sad about it. Teens now become engaged like everyone else since I have some kind of setting that allows for teen marriage in my game hahahaha. Pumpkin's reaction is very cute. So I suppose you're planning to make Duane "the one" for Astrid at this point? Did he autonomously ask her to be her boyfriend and give her the ring, or did you control that? Great updates!

@Kanindota
    Lol I can't even keep track of all the girlfriends that both Dirk and River have anymore :joy: Glad River is enjoying the magic realm though! And I hope your baby is feeling better!
    @SoulGal7
    Whoops, almost missed your update there! What a fun little camping excursion for the scouts, very nicely played out! I love all their uniforms and that you took them to granite falls. The weenie roast is the biggest disaster of an event you can ever host with a sim, I've discovered lol. I was just about dying from laughter when you announced they'd had a third fire :joy: Glad that it was deemed as successful though and that Sakura got a medal! I haven't tried a weenie roast in ages because of how disastrous they tend to be, but I definitely enjoyed seeing your sims tackle it. Nice screenie of the chipmunk too, it's always fun to notice little details like that and capture them. Also the little romance/crush with River and Sofia is very sweet, very cool it happened autonomously too. Glad to see an update from you, and can't wait to see the rest of the camping trip!
    edited March 2021
    March - Day 6: "Sometimes you lose a battle. But mischief always wins the war."

HcWzfGY.png

Notes
    73nhsny.png
    "Hey Dad! I love seeing you standing here waiting for me every time I come through the portal, but you don't have to if you're busy with other stuff. I'll understand."
    "There's nothing or no one more important to me than you Essa."

STgRl9F.png
    "You and I have missed a lot of hugs over the years, I'm just trying to catch up!"
    "Aww, Dad, you make me feel so special."
    "You are special, never forget that."

F4Td577.png
    "L. Faba is feeling a bit sad she hasn't had a chance to see you yet since you've come home. Mischief Magic is very popular these days, so she's the busiest Sage here at HQ. She's canceled and delayed training for others today so you may spend time with her for training or just to catch up. She's waiting for you upstairs."
    "I've been anxious to see her too, especially after how you told me she would sing to me and took care of me. I want to thank her for that."
    "The care she gave you was simply from a place of love Essa. No thanks are necessary, but I'm sure she'd still appreciate it."
    "I have a class starting in a few minutes, so I have to go. Hopefully I'll see you to say goodbye before you go back to Glimmerbrook."

"I'll find you before I go, definitely. Bye for now Dad."

jRQRiUc.png
    "You're here too, Morgyn, every time. I've never had so many care so much about me they'd go out of their way to make me feel so special. I've lived without that kind of caring for so many years, it all seems so unreal."
    "I'm so sorry you had to live without love in your life for so many years. It makes me sad and more than a little angry."

roAcE7x.png
    "But none of that matters anymore, you're here, you're home and those that loved you before, love you still and we just want to make sure you know that and try to give you all the love you missed, okay?"
    "Okay, but it's all a little overwhelming, you know?"
    "I would imagine it would be, considering...but you'll just have to get used to it, because it's never going to change."
    "I'll try. It'll take some time though."
    "Take all the time you need my dear."

iOEvUeL.png
    "Can I ask you kind of a personal question?"
    "Of course."
    "You seem so young to be a Sage. I know some people look younger than they really are, but...how old were you when you knew me? You don't have to say, if you don't want to, I'll understand. I don't mean to pry or be rude or anything. I'm just curious."

mBIXqjh.png
    "It's quite alright, you are not the first one to wonder how one so young could have such power. I was a child prodigy, born with the gift of magic from a long line of Spellcasters and Sages. I was sent here by my parents to live and learn the craft when I was four. You were born a year later. We were the two youngest living here at the time and playmates. Though I was older biologically and much older in maturity, I delighted in spending time with you and just acting like a normal child when I could.

The pressures of having such intellect can be very taxing on a child so young. Whenever I wasn't in class or studying/training, we were together. I helped take care of you, the same as the others and helped them teach you things. When you learned to walk, your first steps were taken toward me as I tempted you with the necklace you wear. Does this help you to understand a little why you are so very special to me?"

"Yes, it does. It makes me sad I don't remember that much about you. I wish I did, it sounds like we were very close."

"We were, yes."

*beep beep*

XK5aA3X.png
    "Oh, I'm sorry, it's my boyfriend. I should take this."
    "It's quite alright Essa, I have a class full of students waiting for me. Don't forget about L. Faba."
    "I won't. Thanks for telling me about our past. It does help."
    "I'm glad. We can talk more another time, perhaps tomorrow you would consider more training with me?"
    "I'd love that."
    "Wonderful, it's a date. Bye for now."
    "Bye Morgyn."

914rFrT.png
    "Essa...I never thought I'd see you again, but here you are, all grown up now."

pl4XNuP.png
    "I've missed you so much! My baby's come home."
    "Dad told me how you would take care of me and sing to me. He said I didn't have to, but I want to thank you for that."

IN9t0sB.png
    "Oh Sweetheart, it was my pleasure, no thanks needed, I loved you like my own. You needed a Mother since your real one wasn't...well, that doesn't matter now."
    "I'm so glad you've decided to become a Spellcaster like you were born to be too. I knew the Portal would win you over eventually, it always does for those that are worthy. That lovely device drove me nuts years ago day and night singing to me until I had to come here just to shut it up!"
    L. laughed.

"Enough about me, it's you I want to hear about. Are you enjoying your lessons? Would you like to learn Mischief Magic? It's alright if you don't, it's not for everyone. Though these days you would think it was for everyone. I'd be honored to teach you though, if you'd like?"

9zfA4cz.png
    "Well...actually yes, I would like to learn some Mischief spells, maybe potions too. There's someone who hurt me and I'd like to make them pay for it. That's actually a big reason why I decided to try being a Spellcaster."

PZ62V93.png
    "Oh Honey, I'm so sorry to hear that. Was it a guy? It usually is in my experience."

"Yeah...I thought he was my friend, but, he, well, he..."
    "You don't have to tell me child. It's enough to know he hurt you."

0Er34b9.png
    "We can make him pay for it though, big time! How badly do you want to make him pay? Just a little, a lot or somewhere inbetween? I can teach you spells for everything! Would you like to turn him into a cactus or something worse? You could even make him ugly and repulsive if he's handsome." L. laughed again with utter delight at the thought.
    "Um, yes?"
    "In other words all of it. Oh my, he really hurt you didn't he?"
    "Oh Yeah, worse than a broken heart, a lot worse."
    "You can teach me those spells and more?"

UMZ6V2z.png
    "Of course I can! I'm the Mischief Magic Sage. You want mischief, you got it Babe. I'll teach you everything I know."
    "Sounds good to me!"
    "Alright, let's get started, shall we?"

zE4OSFZ.png
    1XAwjqF.png
    vMjgZSF.png

FdOw49o.png
    "Careful, don't hurt the girls. They're fragile enough as it is."
    "Opps, sorry about that."
    "It's alright, I blocked your magic, this time. You're very strong though. I knew you would be."

6j9yPft.png
    "Oh yes, come at me, just like that, come on, come on, you can do it."
    *KAPOW*
    "Fantastic! You're learning very well Essa. That guy will be eating flies for dinner before you know it!" L. cackled as Essa giggled at the thought of Damon eating flies as a frog.

sSzRfUw.png
    "Thanks again L., you're fantastic! It's a little scary thinking about actually using those spells. But kind of thrilling too."
    "Oh I know, I get it, believe me. Just don't use them unless you're very sure it's what you want and after you've had more practice. Mischief Magic can be dangerous unless you know what you're doing. Okay?"
    "Okay, I promise to wait until I'm better at it."
    "Come back soon Essa, we have a lot of catching up to do and there's much more for you to learn."
    "I'll be here every day that I can."
    "Good! I love you sweet girl. I'm glad I can help you. Nobody will ever be able to hurt you again if I have any say in the matter."
    "Bye for now L."
    "Bye Sweetheart. Practice, practice, practice!"
    "I will." Essa laughed.

She left the Realm after finding her Father to say Goodbye and Morgyn too. She felt bad their conversation ended so soon after Josh called. But she knew they'd see each other again, tomorrow in fact, since they had a date for training! She was looking forward to it.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my March 6th Post above - Comments and replies coming up next! I hope y'all like this post, I had a lot of fun writing it, full of mush again, but meh...I love the stuff! :D I promise they won't all be like this, Essa's just catching up and learning about the family and people that were important in her life that she never knew anything about until now. I'm taking things slow with her since this aspiration really is another easy one to fulfill. At least it has been in my experience. Hope ya'll had a wonderful day/night! Be back in a jiffy! *Hugs* <3
    @Skeilah
    Very cool Naoki and Jules are having a picnic while Gabbie and Bryon experiment and talk. So Bryon told Gabbie the whole story. Wow! He must really trust her since she's Morgyn's step-daughter. Well, they've bonded over Roxanne now too. Speaking of, Gah! Roxanne! She doesn't look too good, but I'm glad she found Bryon. I wonder how she did that. I hope they can help her. Can't imagine what she could do to make them realize it's her, but there's hope now.

Ohh, I get it now. The evil Isaius is the 'curse' and the 'real' Isaius the ghost. Glad Gage was at least smart enough to call Gabbie. So funny how ghost Isaius doesn't know what a phone is. Which makes sense really. I'm a little worried now about Bryon though. What's going to happen to him when his 'Father' the curse is vanquished? Will he cease to exist?

I mean he won't because of the challenge, I get that. But curse Isaius is the one that fathered him, not the ghost Isaius, he doesn't even know he has a son or a wife, that his dog is dead, etc., etc. And, since curse Isaius is just a curse, not a real person - does that mean that Bryon is cursed too? Or is curse Isaius actually a 'real' person, he looks like one, and therefore could Father children. Obviously he could because Bryon exists, but...Ugh! Making my head spin thinking about all this. I'm probably making it way more complicated in my head than it really is. :D I'm probably just confused from lack of sleep or something.

@permanentrose
    Jules looks great with the longer hairstyle. She looks older for one thing. Glad she's checking in with Bex and Dell. Hope she lets on what's going on soon to them and Mario. But I'm glad she at least has Lydia. HAHA She gave the Forbidden Sweater to Lyida, so funny! So, uh, are Lydia and Jules going to be a couple now? Instead of Emmett, or Mario or...? Just curious. Looks like they're getting very chummy in that one screenshot. ;) Great screenshots of her two week period. Looks like she got a lot done. :)

Yes, I'm happy for her, she deserves that consistency and stability of real relationships in her life. :) Oh yes, I've had plans for that necklace since the beginning. If you noticed, she wears it in every outfit the game will allow. She never let's it get very far from her. I didn't know who had given it to her, but I knew it was someone special, and Morgyn ended up being that someone special. :) I love him! As for if the key goes to something? We shall see... Glad you like the mushy stuff. :D Thanks for letting me know! That dream is just Essa subconsciously starting to remember exactly what happened. As of now, she figures he did something, but doesn't know exactly how far it went.

The no edge blurring is probably because I am playing on Ultra with everything checked. But I also use Smart Sharpen in Photoshop, so that might be a factor too. Yeah, the pregnancy thing and what they can and can't do kind of doesn't make sense, but that's Sims logic for you. :D Yes, exactly for Simeon officially being her Father. Not needed for my story to work, pretending works just fine. :)

@AnnoyingTiger
    I laughed so hard over that pic, their eyes just crack me up! LOL I actually saw that with the Sage symbol and wondered if anyone would think that. I didn't do it on purpose, it just happened that way. :D Well my last post explains a bit more why Morgyn is so sweet to her. He's loved her for a long time. But not in a romantic way. Now that she's grown up though, who knows? She's a teen though and he's a YA, so just like with Josh, if I were to ever have something happen between them I'd have to use an alternate save. Sorry to say, that most likely won't happen though. Unless something happens to Josh. Then Morgyn or Damon would be up to bat! ;) That's up to the game though. I have NO plans to kill off Josh! o.O No way Jose! Yeah, she really should do some research before trying to do potions if she doesn't know what a pinch is. :D

I'm not sure, but I don't think Scrubaroo works on Pets, might not work on toddlers either. But yeah, they can clean themselves. You can also brush them, that'll clean them too. I already have two cats someone let me have from their game uploaded to the Gallery for me. I think it was Busufu? I saw their really cute cats in the Last Screenshot thread and asked if they were available on the Gallery, they weren't. But they uploaded them for me. I don't know if Essa will have both of them or just one. Probably just one because if I'm not mistaken I think training a dog is part of the aspiration. I could be wrong though. Maybe it's any Pet, not just dogs.

Ohhh, it was snow, okay. I'm not sure how that all works with the overcharge and familiars either. I've read that Pet familiars can save them from dying from it, but I guess the familiar can die from doing it? Kind of a life for a life thing. I think...I could just be confusing that with Skeilah's story. :D

@Kanindota
    Oh dear, if she was there to tell him off, Dirk saved his bacon I guess eh? How many girlfriends does Dirk have now? :D Aww, I certainly understand about teething babies and how miserable they can feel which makes everyone in the house miserable. Went through that with my three and three grandchildren too. Poor baby! Hope they break through soon for him. Ohhhh, I see, both of Dirk's girlfriends showed up at the same time! He has just two. I'm surprised there wasn't a fight too! o.O So glad River will bring Dirk back to life eventually! Have a great Sunday, if you can! *Hugs*

*gasp* Morgyn's not your Untamed Sage? o.O Whoa! Dirk's girlfriends don't mind about each other. Uh, well that's kind of weird. :D I don't blame River for retreating to the Realm. No worries on not having time to comment. We all understand! You've got real life responsibilities! Whenever you have time or even if you don't, it's cool. Not required to comment, it's nice, but not required! :)

@Hermitgirl
    hehe Right with the Double Double Toil and Trouble! ;) So I'm a little confused what you're trying to accomplish with the challenge Sims. Are you trying to make it so all of them can progress as Spellcasters? If you need them to be friends with the Sages, just have them do the 'take photo of' interaction of them. That'll get their friendship up instantly! It's kind of cheaty, but hey, it's in the game, right? Not our fault the Devs haven't fixed that. I hope they never do! *shifty eyes* Archie does indeed look snazzy in that suit! Good luck to him in the career! :)

@AnnoyingTiger
    I'm so glad Astrid finally met one of our Sims and it just happened to be Essa! Cool! I don't know what to tell you about the plants not spawning anymore. Do you mean they're not there at all? Or are they there but not blossoming to harvest? If they are there and not harvesting, is Astrid in the park before 5 a.m.? That's when they blossom. If she's not there, they won't blossom. If they're just dirt clumps and not growing at all, they could be out of season too. Have you tried doing a repair? That might help if they just aren't spawning at all. I hope you get it sorted!

Yay! Astrid and Duane are an official couple now! Go Astrid! Oh my gosh, they exchanged promise rings! That's something I have not done in my game yet. Darn! Should've made Josh a teen. HAHAHA Um, I agree with Pumpkin! :P

@SoulGal7
    Very cool Melody, Bryon and River are scouts too in your game and came on the camping trip! Melody's face cracks me up in that screenshot! LOL Oh man, the screenshot with the 'bear' looking in the camera is hilarious too! hehe That's right Wolfgang, show that bear who's the boss! Oh good Lord, three fires!? Melody looking at Sofia, like 'What the heck man, why are you fiddling at a time like this?' Your comment about Nero was priceless! At least Sakura ended up getting Gold for the Weenie Roast! Congrats to her! :) Oh dear, fishing during a thunderstorm, what could go wrong indeed!? o.O Great Part 1, can't wait for Part 2!
    Update 66 - Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight

2FaVx8s.png

Notes:
    I'm still doing my time jump play, but I needed to dedicate an update to just one sim day amongst the many I was playing since A Big Thing Happened.
    --
    So it was the day before Winterfest, and it was the Festival of Light. Jules and Lydia were enjoying the floating lanterns.

"Aren't they so beautiful?" Jules breathed, her eyes wide in amazement.

"So beautiful," Lydia agreed, but she wasn't looking at the lights, her eyes gazing upon Jules instead.

Lydia had felt something growing between them for some time now, but she could never be sure, never wanted to ruin what they already had, never wanted to make things even more complicated for poor Jules...
    iIPBuQh.png

But then, the moment suddenly felt too perfect. Gazing into Jules' eyes, Lydia felt herself incline forward, and...
    o49pfGd.png

(I remember @SoulGal7 saying that you can get a special sentiment if your sims share their first kiss at the Festival of Light, so...)

Lydia pulled back, flushing, worried she had stepped over a line. "I am so sorry," she muttered.
    EqofAOm.png

But Jules has been feeling something between them too. She reached out to close the distance between them, vanquishing all of Lydia's doubts.
    sNhARMQ.png

They headed back to Lydia's house, shedding their coats, barely making it through the door...
    lKMUJBA.png

And then the bedroom...
    pxKZAL7.png

And by then, Jules decided to spend the night...
    NddkvA3.png

Happy early Winterfest, you two ;)

---

I know I've played Jules as mostly into guys at this point, but I've always viewed her as being open to falling in love with both guys and girls, and I've really been enjoying this little romance. And just to clarify, this is not meant to be a revelation that Jules is suddenly gay and has been pursing the wrong gender all this time, she will still very much have equal potential to fall for guys as well again in the future. And yes, Lydia is technically a YA, but she's like 21 and Jules is 18 so it's fineeeeeeeeee :)

Also sorry if this feels rushed or unexpected, but I'm not gonna lie to you guys, I basically created Lydia for this purpose :D Although, Jules was not meant to be pregnant when I first created Lydia, to be fair haha, and her relationship with Lydia was initially intended to be more casual. But I had to change some plans around when Jules got pregnant, but I still felt the chemistry growing between these two, and I felt like a little romance made sense for them, with them bonding so closely over this length of time. Jules is very emotional and hormonal these days, and probably craving some physical intimacy, and probably just a little bit over men in this moment considering her current condition lol. And Lydia is kind of in a transitional time in her life as well - I'm viewing her as finishing her university classes all online, so she's a bit isolated and starved for affection as well. With only each other for company for the most part, it makes sense that they would form an intense physical and emotional bond.

Also, kind of bummed, the special sentiment showed up right after they kissed, but when I checked in the morning, it was gone :(
    @Karababy52
    Watching Essa bond with the sages is really nice, and she has a backstory with all of them, so sweet! She has her family now <3 Yay for more sweetness there, definitely some well deserved mush after all she's been through. L. Faba (love her name lol and how it's a play on Elphaba) is a great addition too, and I think she'll be able to give Essa the tools she needs to get back at Damon. It looks like she's progressing very nicely as a spellcaster and I love that you have fleshed out her relationships with all three sages and make each one unique and special. Also L. looks great in your game, and I love she continually is very protect of her "girls." :D Always makes me chuckle. I just love all the scenery in your Realm photos as well, it truly feels like such a magical and mystical place. I wish I could visit HAHA.

And I was wondering if anyone would pick up on the flirting and deeper bonding between Lydia and Jules lol...I definitely wanted to include it so that today's update wasn't completely unexpected haha! Hopefully my commentary at the end helped it make some sense, but I have to say I was kind glad to develop this relationship more so behind the scenes, writing out all the romance can be exhausting sometimes, even though I do love it. It was just a nice break for me to have it quietly develop for them though. Jules will potentially have many lovers before settling on "the one" so nothing right now is set in stone, just having some fun along the way :)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Hermitgirl
    Hahahah, I think almost everyone thinks Harry Potter when they see my stories. This wasn't intentional! I just really like the glasses Bryon has now. Well, you may still hate the curse that has Isaius' body :naughty:

I'm sorry that Roxanne can't be part of the academy for now. But Roo already made her entrance hehe. Not in the best conditions, lol, but still.

I've been thinking about doing something with Beatrix donor-story, but I'll see if I do something with it or not. ^^

I had a lot of fun with the duelling, but poor Johnny, hahahaha. I gotta remember the Repairio thing.

March 5: I also like Simeon. I actually like all the sages. Yes, even L. xD HAHAHA Poor River. So funny that he and Jules are actually a duo in my Alchemy classes. They were just made to be in a team. Oh Bryon, why you sad? Those spells sure make life easier lol. What happened that you went back to the last safe? Did Roxanne drink something? Did she die? xD

March 6: Hahah, welcome to Roxannes household, Melody xD

@AnnoyingTiger
    March 5: Lol, is Astrid really vacuuming the grass? xD This is actually the first time that I saw a NAP inspector. I really dislike everything that has to do with NAPs, so I installed a mod to keep everything from NAPs away in my game. So cute that Pumpkin officially became Astrids familiar. Love that Pumpkin GIF!!!! Lol, did Astrid electrocute herself? xD

I don't think Gabbie is a betrayer. And if she is, I'll kill her personally. Gabbie is a good girl <3 We'll save the kitty!

Also, I saw you downloaded Bryon. That's nice <3 Oh, you may change his hair to something that suits him. I change his hair every month lol. I also wouldn't want to see him bald :D

March 6: Love how Astrid went to the park by bike. Pumpkin is so cute. Feeling the love. Oh!! Those speaking bubbles <3 If I had too much time, I would make my stories in comic style. But I'm too lazy and I don't have the time to do that lol. Sorry to hear that the collectibles aren't spawning in the park anymore :/ I hope they'll come back eventually.

@Ellupelluellu
    Love that you also included Jenny and Astrid now! Love that you made them celebrities. Looks like they had a good fight lol. Pumpkin is hilarious xD The real star of the show!!

@SoulGal7
    Bryon is strong! Johnny is also strong, but I guess he just got really unlucky. I felt bad for him when he got that curse. Luckily it wasn't a bad curse. He just went to 'awkwardly hug' everyone.

Day 19: Naw, I hope they get a little more lucky with the weather. The cowplant is so cute. Yeeeeey! Bryon is a scout too! The Granite Falls Campground looks cool. They are going to have a good time there! Oh boy, bears. I like the teams for the Photo Nature Scavenger Hunt. Of course Sakura and Wolfgang are a team xD Those bears are hilarious, lol. Whoopwhoop! Bryon and Luna are a good team! Didn't knew Bryon could cook. Maybe he learned from Naoki, hahahaha. Oh no, all those fires!! Congrats on the gold medal, though. The mood should say: "they came, they ate, they roasted marshmallows and each other' :P Lovely update. Can't wait to see the rest.

@Karababy52
    Day 5: Phahhaha, that daily pic is indeed hilarious. Essa is so happy now. It makes me smile. All the sages are connected to Essa! Aw, love it. AHHAAH She blocked the magic with her head :D that made me laugh. Essa will soon be a master Spellcaster! She's struggling with the cauldron and the room it is in, lol. One day you'll be good at potions too, Essa. No worries. What do you mean with that last part in your update? Did Damon show up again..?

I also love how the Alchemy groups turned out. Essa and Melody are such a cool team together! I also really love that dress :) Glad you like it too. I'm sticking with the yellow colour for Essa. I like yellow on her. Julian is indeed super cute. Being a spellcaster is nothing for him, but I'll be rooting for him for his dreams to come true!

I actually didn't knew what Scrubaroo did but I laughed so hard with Johnny's face. Well, the thing with Johnny and Bryon's duel... I think that at first, Johnny actually won. BUT my game decided to be stupid and they both stopped moving. So I went out the game, got back in and they just continued duelling as if Johnny never won lol. And then Bryon won.

Hahah, thank you. I don't think it'll complicate things. I have a whole story in my head already :)

Ah, I would for sure thought you would recognise it earlier on Johnny, since his hair is all blonde. The tips of his hair are black/grey. hahahahahah everyone keeps saying that Bryon looks like Harry Potter. Once again - not intentional!! xD I just loved the glasses and well his hair is just going everywhere now that it's getting longer. Roxanne was only a starter spellcaster, so unfortunately not strong enough indeed. Therefor, in another update, we will find out something about the cat-curse, that not just anybody can reverse it. Dun dun dunnnn.

The way I see it, there is Isaius lifeless body, Isaius' actual soul and the heartless soul of the curse. Isaius' body is still just a body. His soul was ripped out of his body. The curse literally took over the body, but the body is still the body. The curse-soul can be ripped out again, then there will be a lifeless body. The real soul can go back to the body for a little while. If it waits too long, he won't be able to return. BUT, if they kill the actual body, well yeah, then they kill the curse AND the body, which makes it impossible for teenage Isaius to go back to its body.

Day 6: There's nothing better than father-daughter love. All these hugssssss <3 Soooo, Morgyn is 5 years older than Essa, making them... 22? A date, lol. I hope it's just a training date and not Morgyn who secretly also likes Essa lol. Oh boy, what a twist would that be. So nice to see Essa gets to spend the day with L. Also love how L. is like "we're gonna make Damon payyyyyy!!!".

Well, Bryon does trust Gabbie, not only because she's Morgyn's step daughter, but also because he can see what kind of a good person Gabbie actually is. I can make a behind the scenes of Roxanne's adventure as a cat, but I'm also a little lazy to do that hahahaha. Let's just say she had this kind of smell hanging around in the air. She went back to Windenburg where she last saw Bryon (probably jail) and then she just followed a scent that was in the air, and she was like - I need to follow this. If I follow this, I'm sure that I get somewhere -.

Yes yes. I explained it a little above here, how Isaius' body/the curse/his actual soul work in my head. No worries about Bryon (and Johnny). Since Isaius' body has always been a body (now controlled by a curse), Bryon and Johnny were born like normal children with spellcaster DNA which was also carried from the actual Isaius. DNA from a body doesn't change when the soul changes. In my head at least. The curse is actually just a soul. A soul that ripped a soul from its body and uses the body itself to act like a human. Does that make more sense?

@permanentrose
    Update 65: Yay, we're doing the first fast forward in time! Lydia is such a good support for Jules. She really needs that. And lol, love how you make her do dangerous things since she can't die while pregnant :D You bought the Murphy bed again?? That would be hilarious. Lol yeah, make a bee-army to sting Brittany all at once.

Update 66: WOOOOO IT'S HAPPENING!!! <3 Well that went fast xD But I loved it.

@Kanindota
    Day 65: Oh no. I guess Sofia found out about her and River being siblings. Aww, poor baby. Hope your baby feels better soon.

Day 66: It's a good thing that River has the Realm to calm his mind. He sure has a lot on his mind right now. Also, in my time it was just 1 minute after midnight so it was 7 March here when you posted it, ahahahahah.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top