Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Day 18, Month 1

(This was Egg Day, but I didn't get a whole lot of screenshots!)

02-26-21_10-36-53_AM.png?width=721&height=577

02-26-21_9-40-02_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Eleanore Elderberry sighed as she waited for her grandson. He’d been in his room for a while now, and she felt a pang of frustration. Usually, he’d have joined them for breakfast, but this morning and quite a few others, he’d simply been holed up in his room, or had gone out early.

True, he had a girlfriend now. She’d even met the girl once or twice, when Rohan had brought her over for dinner, but Jennifer was so nervous that it was hard to really get to know her. However, something about her seemed to really capture Rohan.

Eleanore had a feeling that Rohan was out with Jenny all those weekends he was out at festivals and off ‘out’, and it hurt her to not see him as much. Would it be too much to ask that he and Jenny visit them more often?
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @SoulGal7 I think I missed your last post (the one before this) - can you link me so I can read it, since I'm not sure how far back it is? Thanks :)

Hi @permanentrose - Thanks, yes, it's on page 41. lol

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/985472/one-month-one-world-one-year-personal-challenge/p41
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @SoulGal7 I think I missed your last post (the one before this) - can you link me so I can read it, since I'm not sure how far back it is? Thanks :)

Hi @permanentrose - Thanks, yes, it's on page 41. lol

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/985472/one-month-one-world-one-year-personal-challenge/p41

@SoulGal7 Thank you, yes, just seeing that daily photo, I definitely didn't read your last update. Since it was near the bottom of the page, I'm guessing it was at a time I got a bunch of notifications and only saw stuff on page 42 onward. So sorry I missed it, will catch up on both of your updates a bit later today!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member
    @SoulGal7 ,
    I love that rainy pic, her house and garden looks so lovely <3 And yes, I think that, news and all, are his mom's doings. After all she did not send those letters back then!

@lilypadmeulin ,
    Aww, I hope Jenny and Eleanore will get along just fine :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @lilpadmeulin
    I hope Elenore Elderberry is a just a sweet old lady.. please lol.. I guess we will see.
    -So far I haven't changed Nester. Roxanne and Josh just went to the house and aged him up. He's in what the game gave him, but that little suit is a great idea!

@permanentrose
    for update 57 awww bittersweet update... that kitten is adorable! Did you do anything to keep her sad in the shots? I love the look of Bex's mansion from what can be seen. Sneaky trying to get into the secret lab!
    for update 58 Nice I get to see more of the mansion.. I wanted to snoop anyway! Looks like Jules isn't so sad and got extra skilling in :).
    for update 59 Oh nooo.. Well that was an unexpected twist for sure! Maybe you can pause it through the next month too? I guess we'll find out! A good explanation to have her basically run away though.
    -As for mine.. I have found an easy way to end the month(s) and move and I have to say I don't mind taking it. Archie will go with her, someone needs to take care of the plants and I still want to do paranormal gigs on him as well as have some "fun". When I tried moving in a save of this save it didn't look like the roommates transferred. That's a lot of people in one house though so I might slow it down because next month could be very busy.

@Kanindota
    for day 55 gotta say I'm glad Wolfgang is getting so much love in general after I painted him out to be so bad lol. Poor guy.
    for day 56 *blinks*
    for day 57 I don't wanna know what mods you have in your game! 8k is great for an autograph I don't think I've seen one that high yet!
    It would be a great experiment to see if the autographs can be a way to fund yourself. Also is Dirk maintaining his celebrity status? I've never played a ghost celebrity.

@AnnoyingTiger
    for day 3 (26)Lol, just a bit spicy! Beautiful shots of Sylvan Glade!
    for day 4 (27)No telling who you'll meet on Ghost night. I always do that aspiration at least until you hit complete collection, then I have to wait but nice, easy reward points. Do you do the friend of the world aspiration at the same time too?
    for day 5 (28) Duanes cute :). Ugly snowman though lol.

@Skeilah
    for day 26 Aww I think a carved rose is sweet! The letter is double sweet though.
    Was giggling about Harry Potter spells working in your game! Poor Randi down there ... but still trying to protect others.
    Omg I should have felt bad for Roxanne but I thought awww when I saw the cat! Poor Roo, I'm sure she'll scratch her way out of it somehow!
    for day 27 The guys are looking so handsome! Was giggling over the name restaurant Flex. Sweet date and I'm sure the desert was just as good.
    Ut oh... poor Rooo! as a stray cat! Now I got that song in my head lol.
    -Glad I made you remember to buy traits... it's makes their lives easier.
    I don't know if Nester will ever come and live with them or Archie yet. I'm more invested in him than normal for a sim kid though so at least want to see him grow up.

@Karababy52
    for day 26 Love seeing how you redid L. Fabia. I might have to go in game to at least give two of them a makeover today. You put so much into it.
    Giggling over the reading minds and showing off the "girls". Nice mind chat lol.. and great set up overall also. The house is so cute you did a wonderful job of it. I never noticed the rock lights either... one more thing about this game! I do like to think of them as something old like stonehenge for the sims world.
    for day 27 Oh Damon is eaten up with jealousy. I love seeing that buffet table, it's one of my favorite things in game, just to set stuff on even. Great set up for the party too :).
    Oh Damon! I know I should be shocked but I gotta ask myself.. Hunters gotta hunt right? Will be interesting to see how this works out.
    -Yes Roxanne came home furious from school and painted a few angry paintings.. that one was a favorite! The one barging in was actually a roomate friend this time, but I used it anyway!

@Ellupelluellu
    Sorry you lost your pics but I love seeing and playing in OR so these are nice :).
    Lol, I have to know if her parents are fighting or mating!
    Haha on your comments of we all do makeovers of our Sages... I was going to be lazy but I might go in and at least clean up what's there a little bit, but maybe lazy will win out! I love how you did yours though and love Morgyn's hair!

@SoulGal7
    I missed day 14 post too! So thanks for the link and went back to read it. Congrats on the scout badge!
    Was glad that she decided to quit the Paragons... and laughed over dibs on River! Lol.. you make Siobhan so unlikeable and usually I like her in my game. I kinda wanna slap her! Poor Sakura!
    For day 15 Awww I feel for Sakura reading through this. Sergio was sweet though coming to her emotional rescue :). Whew, well I guess this will all come to a head eventually.
    I really like the way you tell a story :).
    egTcBMc.png
    February (Wednesday): Day 16: Rainy Day Fishing

SAKURA-FISHING-IN-THE-RAIN.png
    After Sergio had left last night, Sakura was feeling much better. She had texted Luna and Sofia and told them that she was fine. Then, she had done some knitting and listed one of her knitted items on plopsy. Almost immediately, she got a response, and someone wanted to buy it. That made her feel really good.

SAKURA-KNITTING.png
    someone-wants-to-buy-knitted-item-on-plopsy.png

Sakura had also written in her journal...

"...Kiyoshi, I saw a photo of you and Kaori on television and the reporter said that you had gotten back together with her. When I first saw it...I have to tell you...I was in shock. I had doubts about you, Kiyoshi. About us. But mostly I had doubts about me. Doubts that maybe what I had felt for you up on that mountaintop were just my feelings...not yours. But then, I remembered how you looked at me, and I know in my heart that I should not have doubted you at all. So, I still don't know whether the television report is true or not, but I just wanted to say I care about you Kiyoshi, because you're the only one I want to be with. And I am hoping that I am the only one you want to be with, too. I just have to have faith and hold on until I see you again..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Today was another school day and it was raining again. The forecast for the whole week looked like rain, and Sakura hoped that it would clear up by this weekend when she had her Scout camp. Camping in the rain in tents was not a lot of fun.

After tending her garden, Sakura decided to go for a jog.

SCENIC-RAINY-JOG-SAKURA.png

While on her jog, she stopped to watch an elder sim fish. "This is a sim who could fish," she thought, "Maybe I could talk to him and get some pointers."

Sakura headed over to where the sim was standing, and introduced herself.

BACK-FROM-SCOUTS-MEETING-A-GRANDFATHER.png

Ekram: "Sakura...that name sounds familiar...my grandson knows a Sakura. You aren't the one who's organizing that Scout camping trip this weekend, are you?"

Sakura: "Yes! I am! Are you Rohan's Grandfather? Oh, he has told me so much about you. It's a pleasure to meet you. He told me you loved to fish."

FISHING-WITH-ROHANS-GRADFATHER.png

Ekram: "Ah...that Rohan. Yes, I love to fish and test out new places to fish. This weather is just perfect, too. Catch more fish in the rain. You make sure you get Rohan out fishing this weekend. He tends to be a bit shy around others and sticks inside.

Sakura: Oh, I love the outdoors, and I had planned on fishing this weekend at the Scout camp. I try to fish, too, but can't seem to get the hang of casting out very far."

Ekram: "Well, I'd be happy to give you some tips. It's all in the wrist you know...here let me show you and then you can try..."

SHOWING-SAKURA-HOW-TO-CAST.png

Sakura practiced with Ekram, and was getting quite good at it. Ekram also told her to try different bait to catch different fish. She thought she would try a strawberry for her next cast.

Those casting lessons must have paid off, because Sakura caught an unusual berry.

just-what-she-needed.png

Sakura showed the berry to Rohan's Grandfather and he had never seen anything like it.

Ekram: "I'm not really a gardener, but it sure looks pretty. I would just plant it and see what happens. Might bloom into a beautiful flower or something. Anyway, I have to head home. Eleanor is probably fixing some of her famous chili for dinner and I don't want to miss that. It was nice meeting you, Sakura, and keep practicing that cast I showed you. You're doing great."

Sakura: "Nice meeting you, too, Mr. Elderberry. Say hi to Rohan for me."

Ekram: "Sure will!" he said as he waved goodbye.

Sakura fished a bit more, but then decided to head home. The rain was coming down harder now, but she was anxious to plant the seed she had caught. So, she grabbed her coat off the hook, and planted that unusual seed in her garden.

time-to-plant-the-cowplant.png

cowplant-planted.png
    @Hermitgirl ,
    Haha , Veera and Greg were just sparring :) They are not together, at least not yet :)
    I usually replace those sages, not Simeon at everytime, but sometimes all of them :) I do use a mod that I can play them without them loosing their sage status :)

@SoulGal7 ,
    Oh YAY she got the cowplant :) And nice that Ekram gave her fishing tips :) And she sold that beanie in Plopsy!!

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited February 2021
    Day 28
    I think I'll just start with Roxanne's move tomorrow. I wanted to get my post in for today.
    The story goes... a bunch of nice kids decide to become spellcasters right?
    OBnuvzJ.png
    I don't have a deep or dark story in mind. I'm hoping the game will use less townies and I'll see more of your sims in the Magic Realm. I brought in a sim of mine I play to make them spellcasters before I go into the magic realm. I tried to take a picture of everyone during ascension but poor Sakura didn't get one because someone... someone who will remain nameless (JULES!) kept walking into the process so she got her own special picture. I didn't save (to go back and forth and get great shots) or anything and just got the best pictures I could and yes some are better than others. I'd love to get any sims I missed too. Sorry I couldn't find Melody, Jenny or Astrid let me know if you have them on the gallery and I just missed them please!
    Now and then I'll check on them. I'd like to see how advanced they get on their own then maybe go in and get them some spells.
    j1uN67l.png
    hfrZIKU.png
    9bnJctr.png
    Mu9AcqW.png
    Poor Jules got the worst picture sorry... I was too slow :( (or maybe it was payback for wandering into other shots!) hehe.
    Aggn1m7.png
    lFnTBIU.png
    Here's the "Magic School". I got it off the gallery... The maker is Luomii and it is called Magic School. If I take out my sim and the cat I can still fit 3 sims!
    yjZ4ptI.png

@SoulGal7 Nice and sweet update! Was the in the wrist shot a game glitch? It worked out if it was. Lol I got Little Shop of Horror vibes with the cowplant and the "unsual seed" description.
    egTcBMc.png

@lilypadmeulin
    A nice little update, I hope that Jenny gets to go visit Rohan soon too and actually bond more with his family, maybe they will help her have a sense of belonging since her own family has kicked her out :(

@SoulGal7
    Okay, finally read all three updates! I was so confused when you posted day 15 and I hadn't read the stuff about her leaving the Paragons and the TV broadcast with Kiyoshi. Everything makes more sense now :D

Wow, Siobhan is brutal, but I totally believe that she could be like that with how superficial her club is. She's all about appearances. And poor Sakura, seeing that broadcast about Kiyoshi, and even worse to see when she's hanging out with the Paragons. I'm glad she finally quit. Siobhan can pretend she told her leave, but Sakura can be confident knowing that is was her choice. It looks like the Paragons is starting to fall apart...

What a good mood swing for her to have, that angry not okay mood swing. Perfect for your story. You manage to really make what happens in your game really fit into your story, as well as really getting good facial expression and stuff for your screenshots too! You honestly do such a great job of writing your story as part of the pre-made sims world, and I love. Poor Sakura though, what a tough day, but Sergio really is being so kind and wonderful, and I hope he's right about that all being fake news with Kiyoshi. It would be so great to see Kiyoshi and Sakura run into each other's arms and make this all work in the end...though I doubt it will be that easy :( And what a good idea for her club!

(Also, on a side note, it's just funny to see Kaori take such a different role in your story than mine. Over the next few days for Jules, Kaori's going to be a bigger character in my story, and she's happily dating Naoki in my save haha)

And yay, a cowplant berry for Sakura! She'll be surprised to see what it actually grows into lol. And nice little fishing outing with Mr. Elderberry, very sweet conversation between the two. And I see that you're working through the knitting aspiration. I found that one to be a royal pain to complete (Jules finishes it in a few days, will be in an update eventually haha)

@Hermitgirl
    Lol, of course it was Jules who tried to take over your story...I'm not sure what's in her code that makes her do that in other people's games :D I enjoy it though. I like the set up for next month, very nice! That build is gorgeous! So will they all live at the school then? I have no idea how this pack works since I don't own it, but I'm looking forward to seeing you all play!

Also about my story - I was tempted to pause Jules' pregnancy longer, but I need her to have the baby before she ages up next month for university, and I can't seem to get any mod to properly work to let a pregnant woman age up. I'll explain in my update tomorrow exactly how I
    plan to handle her pregnancy this month, since pregnant sims cannot do any winter sports (including sledding) or even soak in the hot springs lol. And I like to have long pregnancies in my game. So I did come up with a solution, I hope :)
    I also made sims I have downloaded by all of you so far (Also not having Jenny and Astrid), to be some kind of occults :p

Not all are same, but for example I have 2 spellcasters , 2 vampires and 2 merfolks now :)

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @permanentrose
    I didn't really give them a shower but I also didn't want them to be dirty, so let's just pretend as there is a shower xD Well, I'm sure that Roxanne will try to communicate with people, but I'm not sure how. Using her paws in the sand? xD

Update 58: Glad to see Jules is doing a little better! Ready to start real life again, heh?

I laughed out loud with Bryon saying he's not romantic enough, meanwhile he has the romantic trait hhahahahahahah! I've just been ignoring traits for the time being. Too much going on. That romantic trait came up again after that dinner... :smirk:

At least Roxanne didn't say anything about Gabbie to Isaius.... So there's still someone in the house to spy on the bad man. Oof!

Update 59: No Jules, that's not the pizza's doing... XD Oh boy, she's totally ruined now. Poor Jules. So many things going on... Of course she left her phone in the mansion. Hehe, love the phone detail xD

@Karababy52
    Day 26: Back to Glimmerbrook once again! You already started your adventure there, haha! Love it. Ohh, it looks like you gave L. Faba a full make-over. She suddenly looks.. Les annoying :D I still didn't forgive her for ruining Bryon's snowpall. Oof, Essa is confused. Powers? Me? Nah-ah. xD Happy to see Essa already made Caroline as a friend in Glimmerbrook. WHoa! That house looks bomb! <3 I don't really remember how I build my houses. I think I just make walls, do something and hope it works out. xD

I don't know exactly why I laughed at your text warning before. I think it's just because I laugh a lot and I just thought it was funny that you put up a spoiler for a lot of text :D I mean, I'm still going to read it, even if it's a trilogy.

Oh, okay. Here in Belgium we have a saying 'dat was de bom!' and then we say 'that was so great!!!'. Bom = bomb, so yeah, that's what I did. I meant 'the turkey turned out so great!'. Maybe I need to stop using Belgium sayings and just translate them in English, hahahaaah.

Ohhhhh, the Father Winter was an imposter! (idk if you know the game 'Among Us', but I suddenly got Among Us vibes).

Of course Roxanne got caught. Did she really think Isaius wouldn't notice? Phahah! Well, she could talk... For a little while... Now I'm wondering how many cats are in the game that are actually human - transformed into stray cats by Isaius.....

Day 27: I love the photo's too, just like Molly. Nice to see the group all together at the farewell new years eve party! Now it really feels like farewell :c Essa sure has a lot on her mind. Such a mystery on Essa's mom... DAMON!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!??? Molly will figure it out. For sure! Oh you're so dead, Damon.

I had a lot of fun with the romance day. We were missing a little romance between the two with all that happened, haha! I tend to forget these kind of things when I'm invested in a story. I'm happy that sometimes people remind me of that. I even ignored Bryon's Romantic trait. So bad of me. I also hope Roxanne (Roo) finds a way to eh.. Get in contact with someone that can help her. But that's going to be a challenge!

@AnnoyingTiger
    Well, if you use the bb.enablefreebuild cheat, you can build a cabin in Sylvan Glade. I build a lot of things on locked lots with that cheat, hehe.

Day 4: Ah, I see you're working on the Curator aspiration (I think). I have absolutely no idea who all these people are that Astrid is talking to, but okay :') Nice to see she's making friends. Even a ghost one, lol.

Day 5: I guess... The black haired boy is Duane? xD It could also be the other person that fell on the ice skating thing, but given that Astrid spent more time with the other guy... Just guessing here.

@Hermitgirl
    26 and 27: Those little ghosts are sooo cute. As long as they're green, lol. Aha, so Roxanne is finally going to leave the haunted house behind? I mean, she has to, but okay. She hold it out long enough :D

Hahahah! I couldn't find something better so I thought, Harry Potter spells will be good enough. xD Roo is a cute cat, isn't she? Oh yeah, the dessert was probably the best part of the dinner date :smirk: Wait, which song you have in your head? xD I never buy traits if nobody reminds me to buy them. It's just not in my system to buy them although I know they make lives easier. i'd love to see Nester growing up too! <3

Day 28: I see all the contestants! Bryon with blue hair! Yay! <3 Well my own Bryon will have kind of blue hair again next month, but it's so nice to see him like this again. I do have Melody and Jenny in my game, but I don't know anymore where on the Gallery I exactly got them. But they exist! Astrid is the only one I don't have. It's just like that woman is taking Bryon's soul, lol xD Love the magic school!!

@Ellupelluellu
    Oh no!! So sad to hear that you lost your february photo's... Luckily tomorrow is March already lol. Luckily you have some pictures (although you weren't going to post them otherwise lol). Anyways, congrats on finishing the first two stages of the aspiration! Oh boy, those parents are madddd.

@SoulGal7
    Day 15: Love how you included that mood swing with the story. Sakura is having such a difficult time right now... Oh no, she's really having a bad day, falling in a puddle like that. Oh, Sergio is so nice. I hope the whole Kiyoshi and Kaori thing is incorrect information from the reporters. Love that Sakura wants to start her own club, a music club! I'm glad Sakura is feeling better, is smiling again.

Day 16: You got a response so fast?! I'm currently waiting for a response on something Bryon has listed on Plopsy, but it takes so long ;-; Guess I'll just have to wait until someone finally wants his knitted beanie. I'm glad to see that Sakura is writing in the journal. Oh hello, Rohan's grandfather! So nice of him to show Sakura some fishing tricks. Ohhh, a Cowplant Berry!! <3

@lilypadmeulin
    Day 18: Oh, you also doing behind the scenes? :P I certainly like that!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited March 2021
    February 28
    7fbxhZd.png

Bryons Diary
    Y7WjvW3.png
    The living room is going to be transformed into a little dance club. All the Partihaus members were there to help.

DhStl8o.png
    (Eva) “We should make a Partihaus group picture!”
    (Naoki) “I’ll take the picture”
    (Eva) “No way, I just put the camera there and set up a timer. You have to be on the picture with us!”
    (Naoki) “But I’m not a Partihaus member”
    (Eva) “You’re not an official member, but we still see you as part of the Partihaus family. So come on, on the picture you go!”

wEjyAws.png
    (Yuka) “Smile!!!”

3r7arzd.png
    (Johnny) "Loook! We look so cool!"
    (Paolo) “Love the picture. Now my blue hair will be remembered forever”

4dvHu33.png
    (Eliza) “No, I want a retake! I wasn’t looking!”

qW06UFg.png
    (Marcus) “Too bad, honey. You still look good on it, no worries”
    (Eliza) “Not fair…”

cmzAk0I.png
    They went back to work and the result was just fantastic...

2Kx5f4r.png
    Before we knew it, everyone arrived and the party could start.

Qs8oWTw.png
    Or well, the party could ALMOST start. Naoki, Johnny and Bryon went outside with Rose and Jess to take a group picture with them. Another memory has been made!

(Rose) “Ahhh, love that picture! Can I have a copy to hang in my own house?”
    (Naoki) “Sure!! I’ll send one to you”

Enjoy some pictures of the party.
    wHF2LH1.png

O8pcrJ5.png

aP6JTm4.png

5u7Wwwd.png

Xrzaezu.png

derGIFl.png

Exj5Sbu.png

gRkNVKF.png

---

yY1Lujs.png
    Some hours later, Morgyn Ember showed up.

(Morgyn) “Hello all.”

HAYd3r6.png
    (Eliza) “Morgyn! I’m happy to see you made it! Please, dance with us!”
    (Morgyn) “Oh no, I’m not really a dancer—“

r8iXPmk.png
    Sorry Morgyn, you don’t have a choice. Well, it seems like they had fun... But eventually it was really time to say goodbye to the families. Or well, almost.

4sYT2IQ.png
    (Bryon) “Eliza, can I speak to you for a second?”
    (Eliza) “Sure. Let’s go to my room for a sec.”

kfPHAaH.png
    (Eliza) What’s up?”
    (Bryon) “Why have you been working overtime so much? What’s going on?”

yqhop9A.png
    Eliza sighs.

(Eliza) “I can’t hide something from you, can I…?”
    (Bryon) “So there really is something.”
    (Eliza) “There is. Morgyn (the friend who's taking you and the rest to the academy) and I had a breakthrough in the case on your father”
    (Bryon) “What? Do you know where he is?”
    (Eliza) “No, but we now know that your father.. Has been cursed for a long time. The man you’ve known for your entire life isn’t your father.”
    (Bryon) “A curse…? Things like curses don’t exist. My father is just insane.”

4tMaQBv.png
    (Morgyn) “Oh, but those kind of things do exist.”
    (Bryon) "Where do you suddenly come from...?"
    (Morgyn) "Magic, of course! Watch this!"

Morgyn decided to give a little demonstration of what they can do... But it turned out that they just set the place on fire.

xKM3Asp.png Eliza and Bryon immediately started to extinguish the flames. Naoki and his fast reflexes joined them.

(Eliza) "Morgyn!!!"
    (Morgyn) “Nothing to worry about! Let me fix this!”

UbzHynA.png
    (Morgyn) “See? Everything’s okay”
    (Bryon) "What did you do, man?!"

FQMmF4n.png
    I think you forgot something, Morgyn.

KRHX4Ky.png
    (Morgyn) “I can fix that too”

BgIVhIi.png
    (Morgyn) “There you go!”
    (Marcus) “That was the most horrible magic experience I’ve ever had...”

V0cHX64.png
    (Bryon) “So... You are Morgyn... The one that’s taking us to the academy...”
    (Morgyn) “That’s right. You must be Bryon. Eliza told me a lot of good stuff about you”
    (Bryon) “Well, Eliza told me absolutely nothing about you... Until a minute ago.”
    (Morgyn) “No worries, Bryon. Your questions will be answered soon...”

mLMx1yF.png
    And just like that, Morgyn walked past Bryon and made a public announcement.

(Morgyn) “So, who’s ready to go to the academy???”

(Bryon, in himself) "Ohhhh... That Morgyn-guy is already working on my nerves... But I guess I'll have to follow them to get my answers... Off to Glimmerbrook we go."
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited March 2021
    February (Thursday): Day 17: Homework Helpers

MONDAY-TERRIBLE-THUNDERSTORM-UMBRELLA-BREAKS.png
    Another school day and more rain. Sakura did get a text from the buyer who had purchased her beanie and it made her smile.

vendor-got-their-beanie.png

Tonight was the night that she was volunteering for the Homework Helpers program at the Quad Manor Library. She had been assigned a group of five children and was a bit nervous about it. Three of the children were "C" students, one was a "B" student and the other was a "D" student. Sakura sure had her work cut out for her.

sakura-had-arrived-in-front-of-the-library.png

Sakura arrived at the library just as the kids were being dropped off in the middle of a thunderstorm! Oh my gosh! There were lightning flashes all around, and poor little Elsa said she was afraid of lightning.

im-afraid-of-ligtning.png

Sakura: "We're just waiting for one more student, Max Villareal. We need to stay together."

sakura-was-supposed-to-have-5-students-but-only-4-showed-up.png

Lucas: "Nah, Max never shows up. Sometimes, though, he comes swimming. But, no, he never comes here to the library."

Sakura: "Well, maybe we should wait and see. I mean, he might come tonight..."

i-remember-you-from-the-pool.png

Gideon: "Hey, I remember you. I met you at the pool. You watched me do a cannonball. Are you our Homework Helper tonight? That's so cool!"

When they heard a loud clap of thunder, all the kids started running for the library, and Sakura figured that it would be safer indoors. When they were inside, Sakura tried to calm everyone down and said it was just a little lightshow.

everythings-fine-just-a-little-lightshow.png

Then another big clap of thunder sounded, followed by a blinding flash of lightning and Olivia said it was really scary out there. Sakura hoped that none of the children would start crying.

it-was-scary-out-there.png

After the kids all ran into the library, Sakura, saw a table and chairs that had a sign on it, "Reserved for Homework Helpers Club". Since Sakura had never been to the library before, she did a quick tour to familiarize herself with the layout of the library. It was two stories, and at the entrance, on the main level were some chess tables. The main level held several tables and chairs and bookshelves. Nearby was a small vending machine. A small reading room branched off from the main area, which held two computers and a carpet with some kids' toys. Upstairs were the restrooms.

As Sakura sat down at the table, the librarian came and introduced herself.

the-first-to-come-for-help-was-lucas-munch.png

The first one to come to the table was Lucas Munch, Wolfgang's little brother. Sakura couldn't help but think that this is how Wolfgang may have looked when he was younger and she smiled at the thought. Lucas was a very bright child, but he told Sakura that he got bored doing his homework because he wanted to be outside all the time. Sakura could relate to this very well, as she loved the outdoors, too.

Sakura: "Lucas, in the nice weather, maybe you could do your homework outside. That way, you would be enjoying the out of doors, but still be doing your homework."

Lucas: "Oh, I could do that. We have some tables and chairs on the patio. But what do I do when it's raining?"

Sakura: "Well, that's a bit tougher. Do you have a window near where you do your homework? Looking out the window might help. Also, you could ask your Mom to get some inexpensive posters of the outdoors and put them up in your room. Or maybe some photos or pictures you drew, or even some items that you collected."

Lucas: "Would some plants help? I'm in a club called Garden Gnomes and we tend plants. I could ask if I could have some plants to look after for my room."

Sakura: "Yes, I think plants in your room is a great idea. Surround yourself by nature."

Lucas finished his homework quickly and gave Sakura a big smile.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

elsa-what-great-work.png

Next up was Elsa Bjergsen, Sofia's little sister. Elsa was the only one of the group to have a "B" grade in school. Elsa loved math and science the best, but what she needed help with was story writing.

Elsa: "My teacher says my stories need help, but I don't know how to make them more interesting."

Sakura: "Well, have you thought of writing about something you know? Do you like stargazing?"

Elsa: "Oh yes, that is the best!"

Sakura: "Well, the next time you stargaze, maybe you can pretend that you are in a rocket ship travelling the universe. Maybe you aren't you. Maybe you are an alien coming to Simland, and discovering everything for the first time..."

Elsa: "Oh Sakura, you are so smart. I love that idea! But could I be a cat in space?"

Sakura: "A cat? Oh yes, that sounds very exciting. You can be anything you like."

Sakura helped Elsa with some other ideas on how to improve her imagination, from drawing pictures to listening to music without lyrics. Elsa liked to draw, and told Sakura about her club called League of Adventurers. Sakura told her that playing on the playground was a good way to build imagination, too.

Elsa was finished her homework in no time at all.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

gideon-thats-wonderful.png

Gideon Harris was next and was just a joy to help with homework. He was a very cheerful and friendly child who lived in Evergreen Harbor. Sakura learned that Gideon lives with his grandmother, his parents and his older brother, Jeb. Sakura had met Jeb in high school.

Gideon: "Sakura, are you coming to the pool with us tonight?"

Sakura: "Unfortunately, not. I have my own homework to do when I get home."

Gideon looked a bit sad, "That's too bad, because I have been practicing my cannonballs, and you're the only one who ever thought they were good."

Sakura: "Oh, but they are good. Maybe you could talk to the other kids and see if they want to do cannonballs, too, and see who can do the best one. I am sure you will all have fun."

Gideon: "That sounds good. And maybe next time you can come with us, and I will challenge you to a cannonball contest."

Sakura smiled, "You're on then."

When Gideon finished his homework, he headed over to the Reading Area to play with the doctor set.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

great-job-olivia.png

Olivia Kim-Lewis was the last one to have help with her homework. She was from Willow Creek and it was the first time she had participated in Homework Helpers.

Sakura: "So, Olivia, what would you like help with today?"

Olivia: "I don't really need help with anything."

Sakura: "Everyone could use some help with homework, even me!"

Olivia: "My mother only signed me up for this to make friends. You see, I'm an only child, and there aren't a lot of kids my age in WIllow Creek."

Sakura understood about being an only child, "Well, I am sure you will make friends here."

Olivia: "I guess."

Sakura: "You know, there is another way to make friends. There is a kid-friendly site called the Pen Pal Project. Have you heard of it?"

Olivia: "No, what is it?"

Sakura: "The Pen Pal Project lets you find a pen pal and write to them, and then you trade a postcard from your hometown. I have a pen pal from Lunar Lakes, but haven't had time to write to them in awhile."

Olivia: "That sounds pretty cool."

Sakura wrote down the website for Olivia.

Olivia: "You know, I actually could use a bit of help with my geography homework..."

Sakura smiled and together they worked on Olivia's geography, and Sakura actually found out some fascinating facts about a place called Selvadorada.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

how-do-i-get-in-this-homework-club.png

A little boy came to sit with them, and wanted to know how he could join the Homework Helpers club. Gideon chatted with the boy and told him to talk to the librarian.

Olivia had finished her homework and went off to get something to eat from the vending machine. The librarian came over and thanked Sakura for volunteering tonight.

Librarian: "You have a natural way with children, Sakura. I have never seen the children so happy to do homework before. I hope you will think of volunteering again."

Sakura: "Thank you. It was really a joy to be here, and if I can, I will volunteer again."

thank-you-for-helping-in-the-program-this-evening.png

Sakura: "I think that since everyone is finished their homework early and we still have time before the bus arrives, that perhaps we could play some chess. What do you think?"

Elsa: "I like that idea! And I bet the others would, too."

The kids were pretty excited about this, and Olivia played against Elsa; and Gideon played against Lucas. Gideon won the match against Lucas, and Elsa won the match against Olivia.

gideon-and-lucas-playing-chess.png
    elsa-and-olivia-play-chess.png

There wasn't enough time to do a final match, and Sakura had all the kids head to the restrooms before the bus arrived for Bathe de Rill.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While Sakura gathered everyone together, Lucas Munch came up to her.

sakura-do-you-like-my-brother.png

Lucas: "Sakura, can I ask you a question."

Sakura: "Sure."

Lucas: "Sakura, do you like my brother, Wolfgang?"

Sakura was a bit taken aback by the question. She wondered why Lucas would ask her a question like that.

Sakura: "Yes, I like Wolfgang. He is pretty cool."

sakura-answers-lucas-question.png

Lucas: "No, I mean like-like. You know, when you look at him, do you get all googly-eyed?"

Sakura laughed at the description, "Well, if you mean do I more than like him...well, I really like Wolfgang as a friend."

Lucas: "Oh, that's too bad, because I think Wolfgang really like-likes you...and I like you, and I bet my brother, Gunther and my Mom would like you, too. You should come over for dinner...then we can play foosball together. And my Mom is a really good cook, so you won't get food poisoning or anything. And then if Wolfgang knew you were coming for dinner, he would be there and that would make my Mom happy. And you could go in his room together...I mean Wolfgang and I share a room...but I don't have to be there...you know, if you want to get all googly-eyed with him."

Sakura smiled at Lucas. The kid was a little matchmaker, "Well, I'll think about it," Sakura said laughing, "Thanks for the invitation." And with that Sakura, Lucas, Elsa, Olivia and Gideon headed outside where the bus was waiting to take the kids swimming.

sakura-and-her-homework-group-tonight.png

Sakura waved good-bye as the bus pulled away and thought about her conversation with Lucas. He was a funny kid and kind of reminded her of Kiyoshi's sister, Nanami. Thinking about Nanami brought back memories of when they had met and how enamored Nanami had been with Sakura. And then she remembered the little "Poppy" statue that she had bought Nanami. "Oh my gosh," she thought, "I haven't mailed that yet. I will make sure I do that tomorrow."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    As part of the Scout Badge requirements, this is how I had Sakura tackle the Good Deeds Badge (To earn this badge, entertain a toddler, make someone laugh, take out the trash, or help someone with their homework. Perform funny interactions, otherwise catch a sibling or another school-age Sim doing homework and click them to get the help with homework option.)
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @Hermitgirl - Day 28 - Love all the pics and so nice that you are using our challenge sims!
    Love the photo of Sakura! Woot! She's learning to be a spellcaster!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    February - Day 28: "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."

AKLsvmk.png

Notes
    0AuHAG5.png
    (Gawd, what happened last night? Why am I so sore today?)

0Maip63.png
    (Last thing I remember is chatting with Damon outside the bathroom door. That's it. Why?)

Y6je06N.png
    (Did I pass out or something? But...I didn't have anything to drink. What is wrong with me?)

Y6YpHFN.png
    "AHHHH! WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER?!"

019tKzx.png
    (Why can't life ever be easy for me? It's always something isn't it? I don't even really know who I am. My life is just one giant lie.)

jqnR7XH.png
    (Oh Josh, I wish you were here. I need you so much right now. I'm tired of always being alone. Well...that's not exactly true. I have Molly and...Damon. Until I move anyway. I hope they visit me, a lot. Maybe I should call Molly.)

IAiSCjN.png
    (Look at this mess. At least everybody had fun. What I remember anyway. I didn't even get to give them their gifts. And where is that darn group photo? I hope they didn't lose it or something. Can't forget to call Molly. Actually, no, I'll go visit her instead. I want to hug her one more time anyway. I need a hug right now.)

RGEJMJL.png
    Damon greeted Essa at the door and when she asked for Molly, he said he thought she was in the bathroom doing some cleaning. But she wasn't there. Damon knocked on the bathroom door and asked if it was okay for him to come in.

"Yeah, sure, it's cool."
    "She's not here, any idea where she went?"
    "Oh, well she did say something about going into town for something. I'm sorry, just remembered."

AJfNv1G.png
    "Okay, well maybe you can help me instead. Damon, what happened last night? I woke up this morning, sick and sore and couldn't remember anything after we were talking by the bathroom."
    "Oh man, I'm sorry, I was going to call and check if you were okay, but you showed up here before I could. You, well you passed out."
    "I did? Oh, okay, well I guess that explains why I can't remember anything. But, how'd I end up in my bed? Did somebody carry me there?"

oTqwK6u.png
    "Yeah, I helped you get upstairs after you woke up. You must've hit your head pretty hard though because you were pretty confused and still out of it."
    (She is going to hate me so much if she ever finds out what really happened.)
    (Looks like maybe she won't though. Her memory should've come back by now.)

"Oh Damon, that's so sweet of you. Always looking out for me."
    "Hey, that's what friends are for, right? I care about you Essa. You know that. I haven't exactly been able to hide the fact I think you're special."
    (You were very special last night, that's for sure. Gah, so passionate, so hot, so...I have to stop thinking about it. It was one time, Damon, that's it.)
    (But seeing her standing there, smiling at me, looking so beautiful, knowing how she feels and tastes...it's tough not to want her again, to, make her love me, again and again...)

r26Sntz.png
    "I think you're pretty special too. But you know we'll always just be friends, right? I told you I have a boyfriend. Man, don't look at me like that with those love soaked puppy dog eyes. I can't handle it when you do that. It makes me sad. You have to move on, okay?"
    (She's so cute when she's trying to be stern. I love the fire in her eyes...and the fire in her touch.)

hWZbLpD.png
    "I'll try, that's all I can say. I'll try, for you. But it's not going to be easy. I'm going to miss you Essa, more than you can ever imagine."
    "Okay, that's all I ask. Thank you. So, what did the others say? Did you tell them what happened? Did you let them know I was okay?"

uqVxj9E.png
    "Yeah, I told them, of course. Molly even insisted on checking you out herself. You were sound asleep by then. She was going to check on you today too. Molly came back downstairs and told everyone they should probably go home. It was pretty late by then. I sat on that stool by your bed for a little while to make sure you were going to be alright and then went home too."
    (She looked so beautiful sleeping, but she's always beautiful anyway. So hard not to crawl in that bed and take her again.)
    (You're going to Hell you know that right?)
    (What does it matter? I belong in Hell anyway, with all the other dead things. I can't fight what I am, there's no use in trying. Might as well take advantage of what I am while I can, right?)
    (I didn't hurt her, I love her, I'd never hurt her.)
    (Yeah, keep telling yourself that, maybe it'll actually be true if you believe it hard enough.)

0vTvgFZ.png
    "Oh Damon, come here, give me another hug. You give the best hugs and I need one right now. I'm going to miss you too, and Molly, so much! Promise you'll come visit me? I do love you, remember that. Just not the way you want. I hope that's enough. It has to be enough. Okay?"

sRdzPvu.png
    (She loves me, she wants me. I can see it in her eyes. I...I...forgive me Essa.)

LrPfpAX.png
    "It's not enough for me and it's not enough for you either. You want me, you love me. You can't leave me without being with me just one more time."

ZRXjErE.png
    "You desire me and want me with a passion you can't control. You want to kiss me, don't you Essa? Kiss me Essa and we can be together, again... I'll never let you go. You're mine and I'm yours...forever." Damon whispered, putting Essa under his spell again. Once is never enough when you're in love.

woqZHNz.png
    izKTqnH.png
    i84dx14.png

GOiGuVm.png
    "I can't believe it happened again, and I can't remember again. What the Hell man? Ugh! Maybe I should see a Doctor or something. Thanks for bringing me back to the house. Good thing I already packed, the movers will be here any minute."

*Beep Beep*

"Make that any second, they're here. I need to show them what goes and what stays. "
    "Are you sure you'll be alright? At least you didn't hit your head this time, I caught you before you hit the ground."
    (Where did you learn to lie so well?)

"I'm fine. At least for now anyway. Just a little dizzy and...sore, but I'll be okay. So weird it happened when we were talking again. Anyway, you should probably go back home and let Molly know I'm alright, she's not answering her cell for some reason. Give her a big hug for me and tell her I'll see her in Glimmerbrook."
    "I will. Goodbye Essa, take care of yourself. We'll come over for a visit very soon."
    "You better!"
    (You can't keep me away, not now, not ever if I can help it.)

Essa and Damon shared one more hug and then Damon left for the short walk home as the movers slowly made their way up the steep, icy driveway to the house.

HHDXTHC.png
    (I need I to get to the bottom of this. What if I faint again and nobody's there to save me? Maybe living alone isn't such a good idea anymore.)
    (What you really need to do is see a Doctor. Fainting all the time isn't normal.)
    (Gawd, I hope I don't have some serious disease or something.)
    (Wouldn't surprise me though the way my life has gone.)
    "Miss? Hey Miss? We're here to help you move, just show us where your belongings are located and we'll get them loaded up for you as quick as possible. You wanted to ride with us too, right?"
    "Oh, yes, Hi, sorry about that. A lot on my mind as you can imagine. Right this way."

Essa let the movers inside and after they were through, she got in the truck with them and said Goodbye to her time in Windenburg. She never looked back as the truck pulled away.

A new life was beginning for her, one she hoped would be much better than the past. If only the past wouldn't keep coming back to haunt her. She still had unfinished business before she could truly move on. Hopefully, in Glimmerbrook, she'd find the answers she needed to do that and finally know who she was and what she was meant to do with her life.

Hey everyone, hope y'all had a good day/night! I was pretty wiped out last night and Hubby let me sleep too long. Such a sweetheart though. Anyway, here's my last post for the month. I can't believe it's almost March already! I thought maybe this challenge would drag, but it's not, at least for me anyway and that makes me happy! I know I've said it more than once, but I'll say it again, thank you so much to everyone joining me and trying this challenge for themselves. I smile to myself whenever thinking about that. We're having so much fun eh? Replies and comments coming up asap! Might take a bit though, as usual.

Have a great week ahead! *Hugs* <3
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose
    Wow, what a complete surprise and such a twist for Jules' life! o.O A baby huh? Boy is her life going to be turned upside down now. Nothing will ever be the same for her, of course. It'll be interesting to see how she handles it.

Yes, it has gone too far, she's like a drug to him, he needs her anyway he can get her and at this point he's so bent on having her, he doesn't care about the circumstances. He'll pay the price though one day. Thank you, Essa has a lot on her mind right now. As far as she knows her Mother is still alive. At least the last time she saw her, running away with a wad of cash in her hand. As for her Father? She has no idea about him either since her Mother never would tell her who he was/is. So many secrets, lies and mysteries. It's getting a bit complicated, but I'm loving it so far. Yup, I saw it and commented above. o.O

@Ellupelluellu
    Okay now I'm really confused. I know you need to befriend the Hermit for part of the aspiration, but you said you got rid of the Hermit, right? Maybe I misunderstood what you meant and if so, I'm sorry! Ohhh, okay, well I thought it looked very fierce and I know they had to have been together at least once to get Melody, so there's a spark there. Maybe it'll burst into flame again at some point. ;) She's with Nik? Lucky girl! :D

Oh, by the way, I saw the pic of Greg and Nik in that thread, LOVE IT! Thanks for tagging me. Just haven't had time to comment on it yet. Yes! I think dear old Dad needs to have a serious talk with his Son, he's out of control concerning Essa at the moment. So, Nik acts like that in your save too? I guess a leopard really can't change his spots eh? No matter how much you do to make him appear different. <3

It looks amazing, you did a great job! I keep forgetting about the GF special effects. Probably because I haven't done the career or aspiration for that pack yet. Looking forward to trying it out when Essa finally arrives in Del Sol Valley. :)

@SoulGal7
    Aww man, poor Sakura. She's not thinking straight right now. Going outside in a thunderstorm to take a walk, tending her garden, etc. Gah! Go inside before you get hit by lightening! Good thing Sergio stopped by to check on her. Such a good friend! So are Luna and Yuki too for sending him there since she didn't answer their texts.

I'm so glad he did too, his explanations I think really helped her to understand that perhaps all is not like what it seems. He's right about journalists and fake news stories. Happens all the time, even in 'real' life. All they want is a juicy story and they'll make up anything if it gets them noticed and ratings. Pfft, about Siobhan, I don't feel sorry for her at all. I think Sergio may just be a bit blinded because they're a couple. Or at least according to Sims lore they are. I don't blame Sakura for saying she's done with the club. Cool she's decided to start her own club now.

Great idea Sergio had for the Homework Helpers Volunteers too!

So glad Sakura is feeling a bit better. Knitting would be such a relaxing thing to do in real life. Glad she got her first sale right away for the beanie! Her journal entry makes me want to cry. :( I hope Kyoshi actually gets to see it one day, and all her letters to him too! Very cool she met Rohan's Grandfather and he helped her learn how to fish better. Fun for her she caught a cowplant berry too.

Despite the thunderstorm and the rocky start to her first time with helping some kids with their homework, it worked out very well. All the kids loved her and she was very helpful. Fun seeing Gideon who she praised for the cannonball too!

Oh dear, the innocence of children and Lucus' question if Sakura like liked Wolfgang. I've always liked Lucas Munch, he's been a very sweet Sim to all of my Sims anyway. He's a cutie patootie too when he ages up. Ohhh, so that's why she did this Homework Helpers. Great idea doing that to get her badge! Great updates!

@lilypadmeulin
    Ah, Egg Day. I've taken that out of my roster of holidays a long time ago. I should put it back in next month. Especially since the first day in Glimmerbrook for Essa is actually the first day of Spring. :)

Aww, Grandma misses her Grandson. I can totally understand that! :) Hopefully Rohan brings her there again for another visit and Eleanor gets to know her better then. :)

@Hermitgirl
    Thanks! I loved the L. Faba depicted in the trailer for the pack and was SO disappointed with the abomination that actually showed up as the Mischief Magic Sage by default in the game. I tried very hard to give her a makeover as close as I could get to the one in the trailer. Then they put the trailer Sages on the Gallery. But they weren't Sages! What's up with that? Anyway, so that's how that happened. I wasn't happy with their Simeon either and gave him a makeover as well.

Thanks again. I couldn't resist about the 'girls.' I mean, that dress is very obviously meant to show them off. At least to me! :D The mind reading thing has been fun so far to pretend is an asset for Sages and a very select few Spellcasters. Thanks about her house too. :) It's amazing how much there is to still discover about this game, even if you play every single day as I do whenever possible.

Damon is obsessed with Essa and very jealous of Josh since he has her and Damon doesn't, yet. That's actually only the second time I've ever used the buffet table, and the first time for a party. I'll be using it more from now on, very handy! I guess when you put it that way about hunters, you're probably right. He's taking it too far though in my opinion. He's usually not like that, but when it comes to Essa? His feelings for her makes him crazy and throw caution to the wind. Where he's at in his head right now isn't a good place to be. He's out of control.

Ah, okay. Not sure any of my Sims have ever made an angry painting. They're usually all good Sims that I control and don't let get to that point. And the ones that have gotten angry didn't have the painter aspiration. A roommate, there's another thing I haven't tried yet. :D See? Tons of stuff I haven't done yet. Maybe Essa will get a roommate in Glimmerbrook. She's feeling like she shouldn't live alone at the moment anyway. We'll see...

Very cool how you're making all our challenge Sims into Spellcasters! Great idea! It will be fun to see just how far they get in your game. Fun screenshot of everyone sitting at the table together. :)

@Skeilah
    Well, yes and no. Just a bit of background set-up really. It's been fun though doing that! Yep, she got a full makeover, she needed it. I didn't like the default L. Faba, at all! L. Faba showed up at Essa's house too in Mt. Komorebi. She didn't ruin a Snowpal though, she shoveled snow. LOL Essa's very confused and leary of everything right now. Once she visits the Realm though and talks to Simeon, things will become a bit clearer for her. I love Caroline! Such a sweet innocent Sim! Glad they are friends too. :) Thanks! Can't wait for Essa to actually start living in it!

I think I just put that so y'all would know in case you didn't have a lot of time to read anything so you could skip it for later if need be. ;)

Okay, now if you'd said that, instead of it bombed, I would've understood what you meant. There's people here who say and use it how you do there too.

Never watched Among Us before. I've heard of it, but we don't watch much TV anymore or have cable when we do. Just network channels and PBS.

Oh dear, I hope not a lot! Poor Kitties. It would be funny though to suddenly see all these cats morph into Sims once Isaius is cured of his curse though. :D

Love those photos! I just resized them, they were SO tiny! She has a great camera now, but too late for those. Just decided to skip the Group shot situation for now until I decide if I want to use any Mods or S4S to make it. It really did help to make it feel as if this part was ending and new part beginning, I agree. If you've read my post for today, you'll see that Damon hoodwinked Molly into believing a lie about Essa. I wonder how long she'll believe it though. Molly's a smart girl. Damon will be dead meat when it's discovered what he's done. Well, he IS already dead meat, but you know what I mean. LOL

It looked like you had a blast with Love Day and their special date! It reminds me a bit of some episodes in my favorite sitcoms and movies. For instance when Ted did the 5 minute date with Stella, and a scene in one of my favorite movies, It's a Wonderful Life, when George was surprised by his new bride on their wedding night with the romantic meal in a 'restaurant' in their run-down house.

Don't know if you've ever seen that movie, but it's a very romantic scene. It's a great concept, love it! Oh yeah, I'd forgotten Bryon had the romantic trait too! o.O With so many characters, it's easy to forget who has what trait. Poor Roxanne, I'm rooting for her though, she'll be human again somehow, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Love the Partihaus makeover to a dance club! Great job on that! The group shots look fantastic too! So envious! Funny how Paolo wasn't happy with how he looked though. LOL Looks like everyone had a great time at the party! Except for Paolo passing out. He sure wasn't having a very good day. Poor guy! :D

HAHAHA! Morgyn's spell backfired just when he was trying to show off, SO funny! I get the feeling Bryon doesn't like him very much right now. The stare down screenshot is priceless! So the public announcement, did he just *poof* everyone to the academy then? That's kind of what it seems is implied. Great updates!
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited March 2021
    Days 58
    b0Un78d.jpeg
    Tutoring 101 - Make It Fun with @danieparish #studybuddies

I met someone on my usual run. I’ve spotted her a couple of times and we exchanged glances, then nods and then she braved first and said hello. One thing led to another and yeah, not my finest moment. But why am I beating myself up? I’m the top student at my high school, a Llamacorn scout, and I’ve been good for so long, you could argue I’m predictable. A bore. And, the freaking Dirk Dreamer has two girlfriends. So why can’t I?

akzUD9C.png

Meanwhile…

PcfYA3m.jpg

“You gave him a present for being a good neighbour?” Dirk shut another school book from one of the students River was tutoring. He debated whether he should tell Bjorn about his sponsee’s extracurricular activities. “Isn’t that suspicious? I mean, you visited him constantly at Mt. Komorebi and gave him money. Unless you already told him the truth…”

“No, I don’t think I need to…” Bjorn eyed the unfinished plate to his side. “Did you make this?”

“You’re asking the ghost who burned to death if he made a meal without burning the house down?” Dirk chuckled at the suggestion. “Nah, it was all River. He’s a great kid, though I’m a bit worried about him…”

“We have to talk about the big fat llama in the room,” Bjorn fell into deep thought, failing to hear what Dirk disclosed. “Have you told him there’s a way you could come back?Those Spellcaster folks might know something?”

“No, don’t want to pressure the kid.” Dirk leafed through the homework book and ignored the temptation to doodle on it. He wondered “But I need to go to Glimmerbrook anyways, I’ve taken up a job to make a series of video games for the Barry Bopper - Spellcaster series…” Dirk’s thoughts trailed off as he spotted Bjorn looking more downcast. “I know how you feel, I miss them too.”

Notes
    It seems I’m up to date. For now. I am hoping one day I can stay on top of commenting back and with all your posts. Maybe closer to summer where I don’t have to read at least 120 pages a week to prepare for the week ahead but for now, it’ll have to be comments here and there.
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @Kanindota
    for day 55 gotta say I'm glad Wolfgang is getting so much love in general after I painted him out to be so bad lol. Poor guy.
    for day 56 *blinks*
    for day 57 I don't wanna know what mods you have in your game! 8k is great for an autograph I don't think I've seen one that high yet!
    It would be a great experiment to see if the autographs can be a way to fund yourself. Also is Dirk maintaining his celebrity status? I've never played a ghost celebrity.

I haven't been able to flesh him out as I wanted, but I'm thinking of sticking him around as we go into Glimmerbrook which will be a 45-minute drive away from Brichester. I've decided, all for plot. Hehehwehehwe. Yeah, I ended up playing Dirk here and there. Maybe it's part of the mods, I'm not sure but he has PR Agency and I occasionally make him ring them for a good story. His rep in my game is stellar but he's still ranked as a B-List celebrity. Maybe I'll try finding out more about it when River is due for celebritydom.

• AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @Karababy52 Yup, it's him. She was feeling sad so she wanted his autograph but he rejected her D: I've never seen cheese hair before, I think he's one of the randos generated to fill the homes. He's a teen!

Damon noooo what are you doing, man?! ;_;) You're gonna ruin your friendship ahhhh

@permanentrose Oh man, poor Jules :( It's cool that the game sent you a curveball and you were able to work around it!

It is Jacques! He seems to be there every time she visits. Hmm, well, she IS growing quite fond of him but who knows~ ;) That makes sense! I might try it out, though I don't think I even have a main save. I just play a lot of different ones lol

@Ellupelluellu That makes sense. Plus it adds some originality to the stories, so you don't have the same old sims in each playthrough hehe Maybe he's taking a vacation? lol

@SoulGal7 Poor Sakura, she's really having a tough time. It's good that Sergio was there to help her out :)

A nice day of fishing can always lift the spirits. It's cool that she got some pointers and caught a cowberry! Those things are so adorable <3

It's so cute that she's helping out those kids with their homework, how precious <3

@lilypadmeulin Egg day is so fun, it's a shame it's not one of the main holidays.

@Hermitgirl I've never thought about switching out aspirations tbh. I feel like I need to focus on one at a time or I might get overwhelmed lol Also, the snowman is offended :P

@Skeilah Oh wow, I didn't know about that cheat :o That's so cool! I'll give that a try, tysm. And yup, it's the curator aspiration and the black-haired boy is Duane <3

What a cool picture! It's so cool that you got everyone together. Looks like everyone had fun at the party =D I got so happy when Morgyn appeared, he is such a dork and I love him so much.

@Kanindota "Big fat llama in the room" is my new favorite saying, I love it.
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    Sorry, a lot of text right in the beginning, to kind of set the stage for where this month is going...

--

Update 60 - Welcome to Mt. Komorebi

vlafmFS.png

Notes:
    This the tail end of the same day that I posted about yesterday, but now we get to follow Jules and her journey to Mt. Komorebi.

---
    That morning, Jules had allowed herself a good cry as her mind swirled with disbelief and panic. This couldn't be happening, especially not right after she and Mario had decided to end things.

Mario...

What was she going to tell Mario? Mario was finally free to discover himself, to have his own space for the first time in his life. It seemed like a cruel joke that this would happen now. No, she couldn't tell Mario, at least not yet. It wasn't fair for him to be burdened with this, not right when he finally had such a hopeful future to look forward to. Besides, Jules had to sort through all of this on her own first and make some decisions. No need to cause Mario - or anyone - to panic just yet.

Suddenly, she knew she couldn't stay in Windenburg any longer. Bex would know that something was wrong immediately, and going to school with Mario would be impossible now. She could go back to her house in Willow Creek - she had left the property unsold since she hadn't known how long she'd be renting Bex's place in Windenburg. But living that close to Emmett and not being able to see him was an awful thought. No, she needed another option...

Then, she remembered Kaori's offer from the last Curiosity Club meeting and how she had said that Mt. Komorebi was the best place to go if she were ever in need of an escape, and that was certainly what she needed now. Noticing that there was still time before school began, she gave Kaori a call, trying to keep her voice light as she asked if it would be okay if she arrived in Mt. Komorebi later that afternoon. Kaori was more than happy to have her last minute, and tactfully did not ask any further questions.

Jules packed up her few possessions, and wrote Bex a note that she knew would only hold her family off from searching for her for so long. Glancing at her phone, she saw that she had three unread text messages from Dell, probably more funny memes to try to cheer her up in her post break up depression. Her lock screen image was still a photo of her and Mario from the Halloween party. Ugh. Her phone would make it impossible for her to have the space and distance she needed. Suddenly loathing her phone with all her being, she slammed it down on the counter opposite of her note and made the radical decision not to take it along with her.

It was late afternoon by the time she arrived in Mt. Komorebi, and Kaori ushered her up to her bedroom where she had already set up an air mattress for her.

"Thank you so much for having me," Jules spoke with the utmost sincerity.
    JTD2fIB.png

"Of course," Kaori assured her. "My grandparents and I always enjoy having guests!"

Jules still looked seriously bummed out, so Kaori decided to show her around a bit.

"I'm addicted to collecting these Simmi dolls," Kaori told her as they reached the base of the gondola. "You should totally get one too!"
    fXYiLkz.jpg

(Jules got Mayor Whiskers, one ding off the sightseer aspiration!)

Kaori wanted to show her the hiking trails after that, and on their walk over the the trailhead, they ran into Yamachan.

"Who's that green guy?" Jules whispered, intrigued.
    RLP3cK7.jpg

"Oh, that's the town mascot, Yamachan! It's kind of tradition to get a selfie with him," Kaori explained.

"I don't have my phone," Jules told her.

"Here, borrow mine!"
    O4ZY8NR.jpg

(And there we have the classic photo that everyone else has posted so far :D)

They hiked around for a bit before heading back toward the ski base and getting some warm tea from the vending machines.
    mfeVyLA.png

B9tgFGH.png

"Hey, do you want to talk?" Kaori offered, noticing that Jules' mood had plummeted once again.
    FjOggIK.png

Jules managed a small appreciative smile, but she wasn't really feeling up to talking about the thoughts she was avoiding. "Just having a hard time with this breakup," she admitted. "But I'll be okay. Truth is though, I was thinking about staying in Mt. Komorebi for longer than I initially intended. I was wondering how affordable those rental places by the slopes are - I was thinking about looking into one of those, since I don't want to have to take up space in your home for too long."

"Those places are ridiculously expensive," Kaori informed her. "And you know you are more than welcome to stay with us for as long as you need to, but I actually have an idea of a place that might be perfect for you."

It took a bit to walk there from the slopes, but soon they arrived at quaint wooden home that Jules immediately fell in love with.
    QJTTodm.jpg

"Some friends of my grandparents just moved out of here," Kaori explained. "They moved in with daughter, so they even left all their furniture. It's small, and the living conditions are a bit old fashioned - no electricity or running water, but the asking price is pretty reasonable."

"It's perfect," Jules enthused. "Thank you!"

"We can talk to my grandparents about it at dinner tonight," Kaori answered.
    qVddIuN.png

They headed back to the Nishidake household, greeted by the warm smells of a hotpot cooking.

Over dinner, they discussed the house that Kaori had shown Jules, and Mr. Nishidake said that he would talk to his friends in the morning.
    LiDz8ML.jpg

Exhausted, Jules went to bed early, and welcomed the blissful nothingness that slumber offered.

--
    I was aware that pregnant sims cannot do winter sports when moving Jules to Mt. Komorebi but decided to keep this world in my line up anyway - it just seemed like a good world for Jules to escape to now. But, I like having long pregnancies in my game, and especially with 28 day seasons and 3 months in each life stage, it would feel out of place for me to have pregnancies only be a few sim days long. My plan for this month is to establish Jules and her new life for a few days right now at the beginning of this month, and then I'm gonna play around with doing a "time jump" where I play for several sims weeks at a time but only write one or two updates from that extended period of time. Then I can realistically get Jules into her third trimester and have her give birth pretty soon so that I can do the aspirations that go along with this world during this month. It should all make sense, I hope, as I post over the next several days :)

• AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    edited March 2021
    @Hermitgirl - No, the "in the wrist" shot is actually an in-game thing. Sakura asked Ekram Elderberry to mentor her in fishing, and that is what happens. I thought it was rather cool that shortly after this that she caught that cowplant berry.

@permanentrose - Chapter 60 - Bombshell drop! Oh my gosh! I have to do a read back on some of your chapters
    Jules is preggers! Holy sims!
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @AnnoyingTiger
    Aw, what a cute friendship with Duane! Do you have plans for a romantic relationship for Astrid, or are you just seeing where it goes?

Haha yes, I definitely got a surprise. I usually play lesbian couples, so I don't have to deal with unexpected pregnancies, so playing Jules in a relationship with guy definitely put the risky in woohoo LOL. I've known she was pregnant for a while now and just haven't shared it in my story, so I have a pretty good plan at this point about how I'm going to handle the whole thing.

@Kanindota
    LOL that link to the woohoo song, I'M DYING. I always think of Kill Bill when I hear that song. River is doing great with his aspiration ;)

Also a great little way to get River to go to Glimmerbrook, and potentially help Dirk get revived as well, and probably learn some magic of his own on the way. Lol, love your sims saying play on "elephant in the room." You add some nice humor to your updates that I really appreciate :)

@Karababy52
    Oh, man, Damon is on very bad behavior, and I suspect he's done something with Molly as well, as she's no where to be found, and I don't think she would willingly miss saying goodbye to Essa. Damon will need a serious redemption story arch for me ever to consider liking him again...his sneaky, selfish behavior is not something I can support, and I feel really bad that he's now taken advantage of Essa twice and fabricated a lie about it. Poor Essa :(

And yes, Jules' life will never be the same again. Keeping this pregnancy around was not something I took lightly, believe me. I've known now for a few weeks that she was pregnant and I've been carefully crafting it in to my story, so I'm prepared for this (well, as prepared as we can be to add a needy new family member into the mix lol...) So I mentioned this in a comment above, but usually I play with lesbian couples (as you know haha) so having pregnancy in general in my game is something I really have to plan for and use mods for. Obviously without mods, all pregnancies have to be more or less planned, so I think there's a fun element to actually getting surprised, so while this pregnancy is really not ideal for Jules, or this challenge in this precise moment, there's something fun about the fact that I didn't plan it and that the game truly did surprise me with such a big life event for Jules. If I would have acknowledged it when it actually happened, I do think Jules and Mario would still be together, so I did take some liberties with my timeline haha, but I didn't want an unplanned pregnancy keeping them together the way it did for Mario's parents. Mario will be addressed...eventually. But for now, Jules is pretending like none of her problems exist.

--

I'll finish replying to everyone else later, I just ran out of time right now but thought I'd post what I did manage to comment on!
    @SoulGal7
    The homework helpers was such a good idea (did you make a club for that, or did you just gather all these children at that lot with Sakura?) You really incorporated each pre-made child's story well and gave them each such a sweet interaction with Sakura! (And I see the Tane Ngata showed up from Sulani too - he's actually the only pre-made child I've actively played since I love his moms so much <3) That was a seriously great way to earn that badge too! I've just started the scouts for Jules this month too, and I have to admire you for really incorporting the work she puts into each badge into her story, I have to admit that Jules is definitely doing a lot of her badge work behind the scenes haha.

So are you still planning to skip next month, or are you gonna do a little bit of life in Willow Creek?"

Also, about my story, the quick summary, if you don't have time to read (not sure where you left off haha) is that Jules and Mario broke up like 4 days ago (a mutual decision since they just weren't meshing the way they should and both wanted different things for their future). Jules moved in with Bex for a few days, before discovering her pregnancy, and now she has disappeared without telling anyone about the pregnancy or where she is going. Kaori is the only person who knows where she is right now. And that's all you need to know for now :)

@Skeilah
    I already gave you my reactions for your last update, but I'll comment here a bit too. Absolutely love Naoki bonding with little Isla, so cute! That party looked like a lot of fun, and it was nice to see all of the crew you included in your updates this month all having one last good bash together. The poses you found for those photos were great too!Eliza and Marcus look especially cute, even if Eliza is mad she's not looking haha.

Morgyn accidentally setting the house and Marcus on fire had me laughing out loud. Most accomplished sage? LOL I hate to see what everyone else is doing if one of the greatest ones is bumbling around like this. Bryon is in for a crazy ride, but at least he has a great group of friends to help him along the way.

---

I think I finally replied to everyone!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top