Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    @lilypadmeulin
    About the "completely relaxed" thing, melody had some troubles at Onsen with that too.. but eventually it got checked. Anyway YAY at the garden and the house upgrade! :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2021
    @lilypadmeulin
    Jenny's little home is so cute! It's definitely coming together! Glad she's saving up some funds, too! I will be joining you in Mt. Komorebi in a few days since that is my next world (I didn't own the pack until the beginning of February which is why I'm doing it next) so we will overlap for a bit while Jenny finishes up there! Hopefully you will have figured out your aspiration bugs by the time Jules moves there in week but I'll be able to give you more input about what's happening in my game in that regard too once Jules is there :)
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Skeilah
    No apologies necessary! No worries at all! I can't speak for others, but I love all the background stuff that you post! It's all a part of Bryon's story, so it's all good! ;)

Congrats to Bryon for getting close to completing the Bestselling Author aspiration! Very cool that Bryon, Johnny, Naoki, Jess, Julian and Beatrix will all be going to Glimmerbrook now and study to be Spellcasters. Wow, you're going to have your hands full! o.O Should be a lot of fun though. I'm excited to see them all there together! \o/

Well now, this is an interesting turn of events! One of the G-Gang members watching Bryon is Brytani's daughter, Brytani is a Spellcaster married to Morgyn who is Eliza's friend. Oh dear...things are about to get even more complicated and interesting than they already are now. o.O I LOVE it! My biggest question now is, will Gabrielle rat out Bryon and the others to Isaius? Or will she keep quiet because Morgyn agreed to help her learn to be a Spellcaster? *rubs hands together in glee* Hurray for drama!

@permanentrose

Okay, cool. Thanks for clearing that up. I should've remembered.

@Kanindota
    Yes it has been very eventful for Essa! All the danger lurking in the shadows in connection to Lander is behind her now. No more drama with that. She's free to move on with her life and truly begin to live for the first time since, well, let's just say most of her life. I can't wait until Adam's residency is complete and Josh moves back into the picture. It'll be a wonderful day for her (and me) when that happens. :)

Kent's a persistent one, I'll give him that. After his first visit with the gift, he's been back very late on a school night knocking on her door. Go home Kent, she's not going to change her mind. Thanks! I'm excited for next month in Glimmerbrook. It's going to be a wild ride for Essa, and I'm sure everyone else playing in that world. :)

@lilypadmeulin
    Oh, that's right the Honey cake, I'd forgotten about that. I knew they could make it, and I think I've made maybe one in the past. It certainly looks delicious with the top shaped like a honeycomb. :) Good idea about getting a stove after a separate bedroom. A stove is usually one of the very last things my R2R Sims will get. I wait until they've gotten to at least Level 3-4 in cooking skills.

I know, I feel bad for him. I caught him on the deck talking to her plants with such a sad look on his face, he kept sighing and then he slumped away after saying 'thanks for hanging out with me...' But she didn't and it made me feel SO guilty. :'( I let him come inside again once after that. They had such a good time together, all smiles and happiness and got two sentiments for each other. I felt a little better for him after that. <3

Glimmerbrook is going to be so fun! I can't wait! :)

Day 14: Looks like Jenny had a mostly successful day! Great garden harvest, updated her home, which is very cute, love the pink! I see she has two windows now as well! Then a date with Rohan at the bathhouse and getting an aspiration ding on the Bunny Slope. Bummer about her frozen, bruised butt though. :D

Essa got the 'relax in the Onsen hot springs for a long time' goal the first time she tried. To be fair though, she was very tired, in the red in fact, so tired she actually napped in there. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but maybe try sending her there to soak when she's extremely tired? Worth a try anyway. ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    I don't blame you, Malcolm looks amazing and Melody's face cracks me up every time! Ah, okay, good. I like Paolo, he's been a good friend and spouse to some of my Sims. He's a sweetheart of a Sim. Melody's Dad calling her 'Pumpkin' is perfect! It's so out of character, but shows that even Grim has a soft spot for his children. Is Melody a Daddy's girl or a Mama's girl? Just curious... :)

Day 19: Towel couple? :D That's kind of cool actually. Anyway, great update! I absolutely adore Outdoor Retreat! I don't understand why so many Simmers when asked what's the worst pack, would say OR. It's a beautiful world, has a great aspiration, build/buy, CAS, just love all of it! Looks like they had a lot of fun together and finally consummated their relationship! Yay! I bet that went a long way in helping Malcolm to accept her family a little more. ;) Love the screenshot where they're identifying the wild plants in perfect sync with each other. So cute! Great update! :)

@Hermitgirl
    Muwahahaha! Oh Archie, you ARE a cad! But a fun one! ;) Too bad he forgot about the idol that scared Temperance away. I bet he would've succeeded in making her another notch in his belt otherwise. Oh well, next time... But! He did manage to get Judith. Go Archie! :D I love how when she's walking in, you left the walls down so we could see Archie giving one of his other conquests a massage. Fast worker that one is, yup! It'll be interesting to see what he and Judith's baby(ies) will look like if he was successful in impregnating her. My goodness you're having a lot of fun with all of these Sims eh? Love it! <3 Oh and that screenshot of the day is priceless! Poor Roxanne! Fun update! :)
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Hermitgirl
    Now that Bryon has so many published books, the money is coming in pretty well! I don't really use a mod. They're actually just going to school behind the scenes. It's just an excuse for me to make it possible to do storytelling :P You need a lot of posed moments in storytelling like mine, so that's what I do every day after they come home from school - but in the story, it's like they never go to school :sunglasses:

A lot of stuff that I don't foresee happens in my save xD Brytani Cho is only just one of them. Yep! The house is magically brought over to Glimmerbrook. Love that they now can just poof the house with them instead of bringing it everywhere on wheels :D

Morgyn will indeed take care of them. Morgyn's a good person. I'm still switching up on what I wanna do with Roxanne. Making stories isn't easy haha!

Day 20: Hehe, another celeb introduced in a story! Celebs are always stubborn. Still don't know how my game managed to get Brytani Cho married to Morgyn Ember, lol. The game has some powers! Anyways, Judith is stubborn on another level, hahahaha. I also tip my hat to you (I never heard of this saying, it's funny). Nice update!

Did I miss day 21? Because suddenly I'm at day 22 xD wut. *scrolls all the way back* Oh okay, 20 and 21 is together, okay. So, day 22: Love the daily pic, haha! Temperance is... Really scary actually. Well well. Stubborn Judith is also back. But she's apparently not so stubborn anymore. A baby? Damnnnn.

@permanentrose
    If I want to get all the aspirations done by the end of the year, I'll have to do better than I am now :D The ones that match Bryon are the ones I really want done before moving on to those that don't really belong to him.

Update 53: Oh boy, I see the picture and I know what is coming... But first, the good side! Naw, poor Sofia xD And meanwhile, the mission keeps going, although they're celebrating Harvestfest now. Yay, Lenny!!! <3 Oh, Bex has a kitten? Oh she's so tinyyyyyyyyy. I get how such a little kitten can get lost easily. How can she find her way to the food? xD

Oh boy... Mario's family... The mood suddenly becomes tense. I laughed a lot at Jules. it's like she almost choked on her food that she's not even eating yet. xD Oh yeah, now the mom is going to be like that. Busted!! I'm happy that they continued their conversation somewhere else, although everyone could still hear them, lol. Poor Abuela, trying to fix the mood with her pie xD

Okay, okay. This conversation is suddenly going better than I ever thought it would go. They really got a breakthrough moment right there. It's actually lovely to see. I love good endings!

Make yourself ready for grownup Beatrix, because she'll be introduced later today! (probably only tonight because I have to start working soon, but still, today!)

@Karababy52
    I'm going to try not to write a book as a reply :') But our replies are really becoming books HAHAHHA. I'm so happy to hear that Molly and Essa are such good friends. Whatever you want to 'steal' from me (it's not really stealing since you asked permission lol), go ahead! If I bump into something I want to 'steal', I steal it. xD

There are soooo many things I have yet to discover... This challenge is so good for me, haha!

Well, I can tell you know, Johnny and Julian met - and they like each other a lot! Yeah, Jess has the tendency to look down on others, but she's not aware of it herself.

Bestselling author aspiration yes! I thought - it's the weekend, I don't want to make big stories, let's just make him write books and see whatever we can come up with xD I indeed have the height slider mod and Naoki is indeed taller than well, everyone. Sometimes you see it better than others.

HAHAHAH love how you went from "Morgyn <3" to "Brytani :angry:" :D:D. I can assure you, I have nothing but good things planned for Brytani. I DID think about her being on the same side as Isaius, but well, then I got a better idea. Theehee. I hope it'll all come together in a few updates. There are a lot of people involved into this big massive plot right now. I hope I can hold track of it myself xD

Aha! Empty lot! Okay. It is indeed a beautiful place. I saw it somewhere. I have the feeling everyone is going to the empty lot. Or well, almost everyone. For a fact, I am going there with Bryon and Naoki. The two will live on their own again. The others will 'live in the academy dorms', I think. But all fictional, because they don't really exist. Maybe I'll build them. Sounds fun.

Day 22: Oh, Essa visited Glimmerbrook today? Nice! Oh, so not everyone can see the portal? Interesting... Just a few more days until you can check that trail! Hahahahaha, that awkward hug made me giggle. Oh hello there, Morgyn. I see that you decided to also bring this story a visit. Ahhhh, Morgyn will be the Kiyoshi of next month xD And there's the eyes thing again... HAHAH stop reading minds like that. It's creepy, even to me. Yep, no way that Josh is going to believe this :D

I'm glad that you like all the background stuff happening. It sure is a lot of work, I can tell you that, but I enjoy it way too much. Yeah, my hands will be full, but I'll make it so that Johnny & Julian live in a dorm together, and the same for Jess & Beatrix. Naoki and Bryon will live in their own home. They'll mostly see each other in magic classes :D or when they go out all together after school, also possible. I don't know yet. A lot can happen.

Aha! Well, I've been thinking about it... But Brytani is about to tell her story today and Gabbie will have a lot to think about. At the moment I'm thinking that Gabbie will side with Bryon and the other teenagers, while still trying to keep Isaius befriended because he thinks Gabbie is an airhead, just like the boys. Well the three of them are all still airheads, but still. Somewhere they have brains. xD She will be very surprised to see Bryon and Johnny in her class next week, that's for sure. :D

@SoulGal7
    Day 13: Hmm, it could be possible that Kiyoshi would eventually see the Youtube video somewhere, no? If it blew up like that? I mean, there must be electronics that work SOMEWHERE. Idk a computer with wired internet? No? xD It made me think - if he ever had the change to go on such a computer, why not log in somewhere and send a message? But well, maybe they just don't have the free time to do stuff like that...

Oof, Sakura is overthinking a lot right now. Little does she know... There's a bunch of letters laying in the Ito fireplace right now. And then there's also Wolfgang. Ah, so many things to think about. Poor Sakura.

@Kanindota
    Love what you have in mind for River with the serial romantic aspiration as the guide. I really hope he finds true love at the end of the road. Thanks about my story! It's getting... Very hectic with all these people including themselves in my story hahahaah! But I love it. It was the game's doing to marry Morgyn and Brytani with each other, but whatever I did afterwards for storytelling purposes is probably my own doing, just because I thought it fit well.

@lilypadmeulin
    I also love the idea of all these teenagers in one place. Maybe, just maybe, all the characters from this thread will hang around in the academy too. Nobody knows each other so well, they can be there if they want. The only two that included theirselves in my story are Jules and Roxanne, so maybe this is a nice way to include even more people, theehee. My story is a mess with all these people in it... xD

Johnny and Julian - love these two. Can't wait to see what they'll get themselves into. Roses daughter is beautiful, I can say you that. She'll be introduced in today's update ^^ Brytani's story indeed has Isaius in it... But no worries. Brytani is a good girl (although it went through my mind to make her join the evil side, but that would make it even more complex, and I'm not up to that lol. Gotta make my storyline a little easier to walk through).

Day 14: Looks like Jenny is having fun, based off the daily pic. And finally, she's earning money!! I'm so happy for her that things are coming together now ^^ The little house looks much more comfy now! It also makes me smile. Hmm... I renovated the onsen a little bit and added a sauna. Bryon got his 'completely relaxed' mood in there. I don't know how things work xD Also, the fact that the hot spring it filthy as hell can have something to do with it, lol. Did they forget to take a shower? xD they have to take a shower first, and maybe clean the hot spring also and then try again. Or else, just add a sauna and let her be in there. I can talk about frozen and bruised bottoms too. I once tried sledding from a HIGH slope and well, for me it went pretty well, but a friend of mine just bumped into my boyfriend and well... They both had blue butts for weeks.

@Ellupelluellu
    interesting to know that Grim is her dad. Okay, the make-over happened with a mod. Makes sense. I ones got Grimmie into CAS and removed his hat. And what was underneath it??? A weird skinny boy HAHHAHAAHAH. It was so weird to see that I just clicked cancel and removed what I just saw from my mind. Oh, yay for Paolo not being dead!

Day 19: Oh yeah, I almost forgot that there was this weird mood hanging around Malcolm and Melody after what happened at the gym... I'm glad they decided to go on a camping trip together. They sure are happy again! Oh yeah, very happy from what I see what's happening in the tent. Cute update!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Ellupelluellu
    I think I need to wait for a bug fix to continue this, because it's definitely bug related. Unless I reset Jenny, she can't get out of the onsen, and still she doesn't get the relaxed moodlet. I might switch her to the Gardening Aspiration.

@permanentrose

Thank you! Ooh, I can't wait to see Jules in Mt. Komorebi! I need to go back and check what day I started, so I know when Jenny's moving on. I might move her onto the Freelance Botanist Aspiration for the time being, because my onsen still has a lot of bugs (you can't get out unless you reset the Sim.)
    I look forward to seeing your updates of Jules being in Mt. Komorebi!

@Karababy52

Yeah, stoves set on fire really easily in my opinion. However, once Jenny's cooking skill is up, I'll have her make the honey cake...maybe for her own birthday? But don't quote me on that. I look forward to Jenny having a proper bedroom, but it probably will be very underdecorated for the time being.

Jenny did have a really good day - but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to switch to Freelance Botanist as her aspiration. My onsen has bugs that don't allow you to get out unless you reset Sim.

@Skeilah

Brytani's story definitely has my attention and my imagination is running wild on that front. Looking forward to today's update! What will happen when the J's meet?

Your poor friend and boyfriend! Reminds me of when a classmate went paintballing and got hit in the bottom.

It just seems to get filthy on a whim...but I'll see what I can do. Maybe if I select Relaxing Shower before going in? However, if that doesn't work I am switching Aspirations.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Update 54 - Holding on to you

ouH1jPE.png

Notes:
    I have always wanted to spot the sea monster but have never taken the time to search before, so today while visiting the Bluffs, I was able to capture a screenshot! It didn't actually take too long to spot. Just a fun little thing I wanted to do while still in Windenburg :) (I figured out how to get a clearer picture so that's now my image of the day! The kid I nanny for really loves video games so sometimes I let him see select parts of my sims game and he really wanted to see the sea monster when I told him about it haha so we popped into my game and got a better picture)

CzSYf0V.png
    --
    For once, I didn't have a huge, elaborate plot to play out with Jules. Just a relaxing free day. I made the Friday after Harvestfest a vacation day from work/school, so Jules and Mario had the day off.

I've had autonomy turned off recently since I've had to get very specific screenshots for my story, but today I turned it back on, so Jules decided to play the guitar for bit.
    i5v9elm.png

After that, I had Jules and Mario build a sand sculpture together. It was just too beautiful a day to keep them cooped up inside. Fitting that they made a gnome since it was just Harvestfest.
    beZdKXH.png

Then Jules decided to show Mario the shortcut she had discovered that led to the Bluffs.
    2pJy5EC.png

pI0wUyc.jpg

"It's just so beautiful here," Jules told Mario. "It makes me want to see what other beautiful things are out there, you know? I just hope that I can spend my life traveling the world and seeing it all. Wouldn't that be fantastic?"
    KnzfmyM.jpg

But then she noticed Mario's expression. "That's not what you want, is it?"
    cXziDbq.jpg

"I just feel like I've spent enough time not knowing where I'm going to live next. Moving between my mom and my dad's homes have just really made me want to put down my roots somewhere and stay there for once," he admitted. "I hope to travel, of course, but I always want a place to come home to...and truth be told, I have always loved Windenburg. It's where my parents first lived with me before they split up, and coming back to live with mom, and now with you, has really just felt like coming home."
    olJe2ph.jpg

"I can understand that," Jules answered, a bit of a sad smile playing in her lips. There was a feeling of distance growing between them - it had been creeping up on them for some time now, but this made the gap feel even more real and tangible. But Jules couldn't bring herself to talk more about that now. Right now, she wanted to enjoy this beautiful day, and hold on to what they still had before it came undone.

"Race you to the pool!" Jules announced suddenly, breaking through the tension hanging between them.
    VRUklWt.jpg

I liked that it looked like they were kind of holding hands in this screenshot, like they are clinging to what they have holding them together, at least for now...
    hJkoEQ1.png

Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    Daddy's girl , I suppose :) All Veera's kids have that tendency, no matter what save it is :p
    Yes i like OR a lot too, and agree :) There is actually pretty much to do, depends on play style, of course :)

@Skeilah
    Originally I downloaded made over Vampire-Grim (looking just like Greg) and he was dad of Melody. As I said I cloned him as a regular vampire :) And now yes, i used that mod :) And yeah, I know how default Grim looks alike :joy:
    Malcolm had some of the sad moodlet left at that morning, but I think what happened in that tent took the rest of it off :joy:

@lilypadmeulin
    Gardening is good too :) And as I don't focus primary to any certain aspiration, I'll do what I can, and she will eventually go back to finish all, after all, she has time till end of the year :p

@permanentrose
    Jules saw Emily, YAY! :)
    Yes indeed I can sense the cap between Jules and Mario rising..

• Options
    @permanentrose
    Haha, yes it was stated at an interview of Ninja and Romeo at the launch of GT :p
    I didn't know it either when I got the game, but I found out here at forums :)

• Options
    @permanentrose

It really feels bittersweet, but at the same time, they do need to stay true to their values. I do worry about what's going to happen next if they don't have another talk soon.
  • Options
    Day 15, Month 1

02-23-21_10-08-33_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Once more, the day started with Jenny gardening! Adding the traits on has really helped with this, and I decided to get some more seed packets from the store for her.

02-23-21_10-00-18_AM.png?width=721&height=577

After the garden was a little more planted up, I got a notification that the Festival of Youth was back in town again, and you know I had to try again to get her Ice Cream Crepe.

02-23-21_10-02-13_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Snooty lady was back at it again, mingling with the crowd like she isn't a thieving stealer of ice creams.

02-23-21_10-04-39_AM.png?width=721&height=577

However, she was sufficiently distracted that Jenny was able to snag herself a yummy ice cream crepe! Go, Jenny! Enjoy your sweet dessert!

02-23-21_10-05-18_AM.png?width=721&height=577

After scarfing down her crepe and also having a few goes on the Simmi machine (funds went up by a good amount thanks to getting a Pit Beast again!) Jenny was invited by Rohan to visit him at his house, which she did very briefly. They exchanged promise rings, and Jenny looks so happy in this screenshot, it's adorable! Ah, young love.

02-23-21_10-08-49_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Jenny now also has a bedroom of her own, so next 'big thing' is a bathroom. I did finally figure out how to make it into a Tiny Home Residential, so the bathroom will likely be quite tiny. I also would like to get Jenny a little desk so she can do her homework.

02-23-21_10-16-31_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I also splurged a tiny bit and got her a little shelf for the Simmis that she isn't going to sell. I did accidentally sell Yamachan when trying to get rid of a double, but I'm hoping that from here on out, she might be able to collect the less expensive Simmis!

02-23-21_10-21-01_AM.png?width=721&height=577

So all in all, this was a very productive weekend! Thank you all for your tips and advice, as they really helped me - Jenny has switched over to the Freelance Botanist Aspiration for now, as I can't seem to find a fix/solve for the Onsen problem. Her lot is likely going to be one massive garden.
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin
    Great that Jenny's garden is going so well! :) And yay she got the ice cream :p Tiny home has nice perks in it , I love how fast they learn skills :) Too bad I cannot fit second bed in mine, but I will upgrade Melody's house to level when she ages up :)
    Aww how cute with Rohan <3

• Options
    KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    Day 14, Month 1

And they had a good time soaking. Unfortunately, the bug I've noticed in the onsen seems to extend to not allowing her to gain the 'completely relaxed' moodlet that she needs for her aspiration. Has anyone else come across this?

[/spoiler]

I got this one but I had River do a meditative walk, before that I had him keep a bonsai and trimmed every now and then, before sending him in for a soak at the Onsen. I hovered my cursor I think over the Aspiration goal and it gave those suggestions, so I did them all one after the other and it eventually pinged that River's reached mindfulness. Hopefully that helps?

• Options
    @Kanindota

Hmmmm...Maybe I should try again....

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Days 49-54

This is a long one.
    bedg70f.jpg

Day 49
    Home is where the heart is. Call me I’m a serial homebody. After my encounter with Luna, I berated my reflection. I’m still with Kat and we’re soulmates. It was only a kiss. 🐸🐸🐸🐸, why do I feel so slimmy? Dad, I wish you were here to help me figure this out. Mum, I’m sorry your son is a slimebag.

The next day Hugo, Luna’s brother, appeared on my doorstep. We have one or two classes together but we’ve never really crossed paths. I mean, I initiated small talk during that weekend Luna invited me over at their manor, mansion, whatever people call it. But he often kept to himself.

I was nervous that he was here to bust down the door and defend his sister’s honour--sorry spent too much time on Simflicks watching period dramas with Kira Knightly. I did a dishonourable thing and hid behind the peephole, waiting for him to leave. I didn’t realise that he was there to invite me to join his club.

He heard that I was a pro in the kitchen and wanted to find out more...I was too chicken. Lied about where I was, a scout’s meeting, instead of behind the door trying to contain my laughter when he kept slipping on thin air. Twice, he fell over twice!

Day 50
    Sofia’s kept inviting me out. She messaged me about how she was worried about me and wanted to make sure I was okay. I left her on read, until my conscience ate through my wall and I finally accepted. Kaori was there too and for a second my mind wandered at what they could possibly want to do with me...Sorry, I’m a gross mess.

Back on topic, they insisted I go on the ferry with them and invited me out to The Bluffs. They said it was important for me to get out of the house, but for them to take me out through the waters (I suppose I’ve forced myself to not be terrified of boat rides, they’re still uncomfortable) to a hidden place to swim? I flipped out when I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I wish I had a better handle on my temper and my fears, or maybe this is part of my curse. Who knows.

Day 51
    Horrid day. School was draining. I thought gaming might help, it usually does. I popped on SimsForever, been saving a long time for that game. There was a fire. In the game. I nearly punched the screen. I need to send the game back or sell it on. I can’t play that again.

Day 52
    I feel like I’m the intervention friend. The one that needs the intervention. Cass also reached out. They all have been, mostly the girls. I don’t hear much from Kiyoshi or Jeb (also why the hell does he insist on keeping that paper bag on his head, it’s creeping Sofia out) but I can’t blame them.

I’m in an awkward situation.

Everyone who is near and dear to me dies. If that wasn’t so morbid, I would laugh until I cried.

Back to Cass, she said she was thinking of moving out of her family home and needed someone to help her pick out furniture. (She wasn’t. It was all a ruse). It was alright, got myself a new lamp and managed to get an autograph from Judith Ward. She’s older than I remember. Did something stupid too, I ended up selling it before I could appraised.

Great move, River.

Day 53
    I try to focus on schoolwork, but it’s easy for me now. It’s been straight A’s since moving to Windenburg and I’m getting bored of school. I could quit but that’s a whole other path that I don’t want. I think?

Anyways, I had a new lab partner. Kenzie Denny. She’s cute. She thinks I’m hot. I invited her over and another secret is piled in my closet. I kissed another girl, and I like it. What the hell is wrong with me?

Day 54
    The day after Sofia turns up on my doorstep crying. Bjorn, her dad, ended up telling her why I’m uncomfortable with water. She was distraught, sobbing that it wasn’t her intention and had she known she would’ve done her wrong right. Her freckled cheeks were tinged pink as she cried. She smelled like coconut. This time, I didn’t hold back on my feelings. I decided to forget my promise to Bjorn to treat his family like my own. Again, I’m sorry.

Notes
    This was a long update but I am now 4 days behind and in my attempt to get River up to date, it’s been a lot of repeat days: sleep, go to school, invite someone over to up his social, play a game, do homework, fulfil basic needs and then repeat. Most, if not all of you guessed that I am doing the Serial Romantic aspiration and trying to see how long and how many partners River can have before his unhealthy coping catches up with him. I probably should’ve focused on Aspirations that bring him more money but oh well. It’s the fictional angst and drama life for me. I wish my uni work was this easier to catch up with.

*This update has been fuelled by feeling overwhelmed with uni work, chocolate, a heavy dusting of procrastination and a need for escapism and sheer stubborness. Now back to regular programming, once I am fully up to date. 4 days left! Edit: After adjusting things I've missed, I am so close to being up to date!
    Post edited by Kanindota on
  • Options
    @Kanindota
    Oh.. serial romance aspiration.. haha the only one I am skipping myself :) or maybe couple of others too :)
    Looks like River is seriously looking for troubles there with all the ladies :p

• Options
    February 23
    iuiS9yM.png

Bryons Diary
    The house is a little busier than usual, because Julian and Beatrix came over to introduce themselves. If we’re going on an adventure with them, we need to know who we’re dealing with, right?

XDiMfpC.png
    First, there’s Julian. Simply put, he’s like identical copy of Johnny. It’s so weird to see, but I’m happy. Now he’s not bothering me anymore.

WI6CwaZ.png
    Jess is just standing somewhere further, thinking something like “ahh.. why is my brother like this?”. I'm thinking the same, Jess. But well, now they can be like this together. Just let the two of them be happy. I like the sight of it.

6kZMEQ8.png
    Then there’s Beatrix. She looks a lot like her mom. The only difference really is her height. Is she really a teenager? Look how small she is. (Height slider mod lol)

(Bryon) “Hey, Beatrix. I’m Bryon. Nice to meet you--"

gYJRWcS.png
    She was so exited that she almost jumped into my arms. So.. Fragile... Must.. Not... Break...

(Beatrix) “Hello Bryon! I’m so happy to finally meet you!! And even more happy that you invited me to go to Glimmerbrook with you all!! This still feels like a dream…”

Meanwhile Rose must be thinking "Stop saying that so much or I'll regret this decision... I'm having a difficult time here as a mom..."

mvBSqBw.png
    (Naoki) “Hello there, little one! You must be Beatrix. My name’s Naoki. Nice to meet you.”
    (Beatrix) “Oh! I heard a lot about you. You’re Bryon’s boyfriend, right?”
    (Naoki) ‘Yeah, I am! You’re so cheery, I love it!”
    (Beatrix) “Thank you! You’re so nice!”

UtUWm3O.png
    Aaaand this is my chance to slip out of this cheerful conversation. I went to sit on the couch and just listened in to the conversation Beatrix was having with Naoki.

(Naoki) “So, those two on the couch are Johnny and Julian”
    (Beatrix) “They look like they’re having fun!”
    (Naoki) “Oh yes. They only met each other today, but it already looks like they are best friends”
    (Beatrix) “And who’s the girl at the chess table?”

2iRMw3Z.png
    (Jess) “Hi, my name’s Jess”
    (Beatrix) “Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to gossip or something…”
    (Jess) “It’s no problem. I just have good ears”
    (Beatrix) “Are you also coming to the academy?”
    (Jess) “Yeah, that’s the plan”

Em9y2bN.png
    (Beatrix) “Oh, I’m glad! I almost thought that I would be surrounded by guys. We’re gonna be good friends, right???”
    (Jess) “Heh, a female friend… That’s a first”
    (Beatrix) “Oh, you have a lot of male friends?”
    (Jess) “Hmm.. yeah, you could say so”

(Jess actually doesn’t have a lot of friends, aside from her two brothers)

JItlYTs.png
    (Beatrix) “That’s totally okay. I look forward on getting to know you better, Jess!”
    (Jess) “Yeah, same”

Xv2XueB.png
    (Beatrix) "Mom, I'm so happy that you're doing this for me. Thank you."
    (Rose) "Of course...! I'll do everything to make my sweetheart happy!"
    (Beatrix) "Are you crying?"
    (Rose) "From happiness!"

orUs1q7.png
    (Beatrix) "Oh mom, you don't have to cry. It's okay."
    (Rose) "It's just, my little baby is growing up so fast. But i'm really happy!!"

While Rose and Beatrix are being emotional together, Jess decides to come and sit next to me. Awkward much?

(Jess) “She’s very cheerful, isn’t she?”
    (Bryon) “Yeah, she is. She reminds me of Naoki, but like a female version of him. Cheerful, knows what she wants and she’s probably very creative in a lot of ways.”
    (Jess) “Maybe that’s why the two of them get along so well.”

Zan4NlN.png
    (Bryon) “It’s nice to see that Beatrix won’t feel alone while she’s on the academy with us. She seemed to like you too”
    (Jess) “Yeah, she seems very nice. I hope we can get to know each other”

Behind the scenes
    Warning - a dog is going to die. I've known someone who can't handle pet dying so that's why I put out the warning. Just in case.
    Announcement - This is basically becoming a fantasy story or something. And yes - I turned Isaius in a Vampire for a while, just to get him off the ground with an evil face :D
    Let's continue where we left off yesterday. Flashback time!

dQDfRXT.png
    (Brytani) “It all started when I was just about your age, Gabrielle. I was attending the Magic Realm academy and I was one of the best students… However, there was one person who was better than me...”

aZVv5Mk.png
    (Brytani) “Isaius Ellison”

(Morgyn) “You were on the same school as Isaius….?”
    (Brytani) “Yeah… We were actually best friends at that time…”
    (Morgyn) “Oh no…”

(Brytani) “He was actually really nice to hangout with... Before the accident happened.”

You should’ve seen the look on Gabrielle’s face when she heard the two of them casually talking about Isaius - her boss. She tried her best to not let it show that she also knows the guy. She actually likes that she gets to know something about him.

yIZ9Mvu.png
    (Brytani) “Isaius had a dog. His familiar. Its name was Wallace. Isaius always took Wallace to school with him and everybody loved it. Wallace meant everything for Isaius. They were inseparable. His parents both died in a car accident. Wallace was all he had... Well, back then he also had me, but that was different.”

hpoJ6Kv.png
    (Brytani) “Isaius and I frequently had friendly duels with each other… That particular day wasn’t any different from the other ones. We were about to have a duel, just like any other day.”

C5xmSLd.png
    (Brytani) “But then... I wanted to take Isaius down…”

VPMv6GB.png
    (Isaius) “Brytani! Stop! I can’t hold it!”
    (Brytani) “I can’t stop now! “I’m finally winning from you!”

(Brytani) “Wallace started barking really loud and came in between us to protect Isaius from getting hurt."

KPQ0U5z.png
    (Brytani) "But while doing that, he died himself..."

GKXC3Ev.png
    (Brytani) "It was like something snapped in Isaius... First he started crying just like anyone else would do.. But then he got up, wiped his tears..."

RJr5G9j.png
    (Isaius) "Ha.. Haha... Hahaha..."

(Brytani) "... And started laughing."

R82cDe6.png
    (Brytani) “I still remember his face. His eyes got red, he laughed uncontrollably..."

2AxpNn2.png
    (Brytani) "Then he slowly got up in the air. I was scared. He was ready to kill me, right there on the spot. His best friend. Back then I didn’t knew what was happening. I was so scared... The words he spoke to me right before other spellcasters got him down are still hunting me."

ya1hx8k.png
    (Isaius) "What do you say... A life for a life? Sounds reasonable, right?"

(Brytani) "Teachers and other spellcasters were able to lock him up. Several doctors started to investigate what was going on. Apparently he got cursed."

- When a familiar dies in a battle of love, its owner won’t be able to feel emotion anymore. The heart is replaced with stone. The curse can only be broken with a potion of love -

(Brytani) "You’d think he’d already be cured after hearing this, but it takes a lot of special ingredients to make this potion. The potion wasn’t ready yet when Isaius broke out… And he took the recipe with him… They only have scribbles here and there, but no full recipe. Isaius is incurable unless somebody can get hands on that recipe… And of course, catch him...”

Ja5AMjM.png
    (Ghost dog) “Woof!”
    (Gabrielle) “WHAAA!!! WHAT’S THAT?!”
    (Brytani) “Ohh, Wallace. I know. You miss Isaius too, don’t you?”

Brytani wiped her tears away.

TCszxyT.png
    (Brytani) “This is the dog I was talking about. Wallace. It looks like he finally decided to show himself, hehe. Before this moment, I was the only one able to see its ghost. Wallace’s body has been buries here in the backyard, because he had nowhere else to go. Its ghost has been following me ever since. We’re best buddies now. Aren’t we?”

(Ghost dog) “Woof!”

2X92NI2.png
    (Brytani) “The dog knows that it wasn’t my fault, it never blamed me. That’s why I could move on with my life. But Isaius… Locking up people for amusement, nearly killing them… And all because of a curse. Morgyn. I was so happy to hear that your best friend is a detective working on this case... And you even helped. Someone has to stop him. Find that recipe. Cure him.”

(Morgyn) “Why didn't you tell us earlier... This is like a breakthrough in the case..."

Brytani started crying.

(Brytani) "It's just... So difficult... I buried it all away for years, thinking he'll just die eventually..."
    (Morgyn) "Oh, Brytani. Don't cry. Look at me. You were talking about familiars, right?"
    (Gabrielle) "What are familiars?"
    (Morgyn) "Well, years ago, before you were born, a lot of spellcasters had familiars. Dogs, cats, owls, pixies, ... But for some reason, familiars were banned from one day to another. Is this the reason why?"

6goKGlz.png
    Brytani nodded.

(Brytani) “Great spellcasters from all over the world gathered together to wipe everything about familiars and curses away, but… You can’t just wipe something away… Familiars and curses still exist in the background… Right, Wallace?”

(Wallace) “Woof!!”

(Morgyn) "You're absolutely right. Thank you for telling me this, Brytani. Do you mind if I share this with Eliza, and only Eliza?"
    (Brytani) "Yeah, please. I want this to be solved for once and for all. I want to see the real Isaius back... Because this isn't the Isaius I've known... Isaius was my best friend... Wallace's best friend..."

5t8wwV8.png
    (Gabrielle) "Wallace is so much fun! Why are you showing up only today?!"
  • Options
    @Skeilah
    Haha, I wasn't first sure was I at your update or one by @permanentrose :p Her sims seems to take over your save, haha :D Beatrix looks cute as short teen :)
    Great behind the scene shots!! Very creative! :) Sorry for the doggo tho :(

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    Yeah, she has to stop giving sims to me!! xD No, I actually asked for Rose and family myself because I like them so much, and Jules... She just has her own will. Although she forgot to appear for quite the while now!

Thank you! Seeing the dog made me cry for a second, but now he's a happy happy ghost and I love it.
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu Lol it can't really be my game thought because @Skeilah actually ages my characters up :joy:
  • Options
    @Kanindota
    Oh.. serial romance aspiration.. haha the only one I am skipping myself :) or maybe couple of others too :)
    Looks like River is seriously looking for troubles there with all the ladies :p

I'm against what I've set River out to do and I do hope there is repercussions to it in the game. Is it bad that I want him to get caught? But also not so he can complete the aspiration. I haven't thought of skipping some. Serial Romantic is one I've never completed and we'll see how this attempt goes
  • Options
    @Kanindota , oh don't get me wrong :) I have done that aspiration couple of times and it always caused a pretty amusing drama :) And lots of slapping at nightclub , haha.
    I only said I skip it now, I cannot do it to poor Malcolm :D And some I skip simply cause they are meaningless for Melody.

• Options
    @Kanindota
    Kudos to you for doing the serial romance aspiration! I need to look at what's involved in that, maybe I can get Jules to do it slowly over her life since I don't have plans to have her settle down for a while, but I don't think she'll move as fast as River. Poor River lol. He's not a slimebag - just a teenage boy trying to figure out how he feels about all these pretty girls :D

@Skeilah
    Beatrix is so perfect in your game! What a cheerful little cutie. She's always happy in my game too, probably because she is maxed out on all her skill and has so many reward traits. She doesn't have a worry in the world. But she's also never been away from her moms so that might be hard...

That backstory was beautifully executed. Great poses and screenshots, and so sad about Wallace, but at least he gets to be a happy ghost dog and get some more love that way. You redeemed yourself for killing a dog by letting his ghost happily run around in your save lol. I really like how you made both Isaius and Brytani look as teens too. You do a lot of careful detail work in your game and I really appreciate it! It pays off for sure!
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited February 2021
    February (Monday): Day 14: The Sweethearts of Mt. Komorebi

I-DIDNT-LIE-HE-IS-MY-BOYFRIEND.png
    Yesterday, once Sakura had finished her garden, she had washed up, changed, and headed to Scouts. She only had one more badge to earn, and the Scout Master had set her final Scouting test for the following weekend. Sakura was going to lead a group of Scouts on an overnight camping trip and once completed successfully, she would earn the esteemed Llamacorn Scout Award. She had been pretty excited and thought that an overnight camping trip might be just what she needed to feel like herself again.

SAKURA-IS-GOING-TO-LEAD-A-CAMP-FOR-HER-FINAL-SCOUT-BADGE.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

sakura-surveying-herself-in-mirror.png

Monday was another normal school day with nothing to report. When Sakura arrived home, she started getting ready for the Paragons Club Meeting. She admired herself in the mirror and wondered if Siobhan would like what she had on, or if it still wasn't good enough. Being in the Paragons Club was getting to be stressful, rather than a place to have fun and relax. She had joined the club to make friends, and Sofia, Luna, and Sergio were just wonderful, but Siobhan...well, sometimes Sakura thought that Siobhan was a bit condescending towards her and the other members.

sakura-is-going-to-quit-paragons.png

Lately, Sakura had started thinking that perhaps this club was not for her. I mean, they met at a pool, but they didn't go swimming. And the clothes that Siobhan expected everyone to purchase and wear, was starting to become a drain on Sakura's finances. And then there was her friendship with Wolfgang, which seemed to cause the most tension. Sakura looked at herself in the mirror again and made a decision. She decided that tonight she would let Siobhan know that she was leaving the Paragons Club.

luna-and-sofia-already-there.png

Sakura arrived at the Paragons meeting and Luna and Sofia were already there. They both admired Sakura's outfit and then started talking about the upcoming camping trip.

Sofia:"Do you know if River can get off work for the weekend? He...um...told me he had some new camp recipes he wanted to try...and I was really looking forward to...um...trying them..."

Sakura: "It all depends on what landscaping jobs his firm is working on this weekend." (The game automatically assigned River the part-time Manual Labourer job and he is a Landscaper).

talking-about-the-camp.png

Luna: "Oh, I hope he comes! Melody is organizing a nature scavenger hunt, and he would be a good partner to team up with!"

Sofia: "Dibs on River! I called it first!"

Luna: "Oh come on, Sofia, you didn't even know about the scavenger hunt until I told you..."

dibs-on-river.png

Sakura: "Well, maybe we'll just have to randomly draw names for the teams."

Luna looked at Sofa: "Yeah, okay, that sounds fair..."

NO-COFFEE.png

Siobhan suddenly entered the room in a flurry and looked towards the coffee machine, "What? No coffee made? I can't believe it! Tonight of all nights when I need an espresso, there's no coffee!"

Sofia, Luna, and Sakura looked at each other, "Oh gosh! Siobhan is in a bad mood," thought Sakura.

Sofia: "I'll make some..." said Sofia as she headed towards the coffee maker.

TELLING-WHAT-HAPPENED-AT-HER-WORK.png

Siobhan: "Okay then! I'm sorry I'm late, but I've been in meetings with the Twinbrook City Council since Thursday of last week. My bill to demolish a dilapidated warehouse in Twinbrook had been approved, and then suddenly the Twinbrook Heritage Committee informs me that it had been recently designated as a "heritage" building and that my bill was overturned. You should see this warehouse, it is so decrepit and hideous, and, sure, maybe it was built over 100 years' ago, but it's an eyesore. Some sims have even said that there's a gang that hangs out there. So my chance to be noticed by my firm with my plans for a city park will never see the light of day. I have a feeling that the Landgraabs were somehow involved in this. I can't prove it, but I just know they were! And I am just so upset right now."

HERES-THE-ESPRESSO-SIOBHAN.png

Sofia handed Siobhan a cup of espresso and Siobhan continued, "And Sergio can't make it to the meeting tonight because he is working on some new "app" at work. I could really have used a nice massage from him."

Siobhan took a sip of the espresso and turned to look at Sakura, "And I heard that there was a Livestream of your party on Friday night, which got lots of hits on simtube,,,so you are somewhat of a celebrity I understand..."

AND-I-HEARD-YOU-HAD-AN-EXCITING-PARTY.png

Luna: "It was epic! There was this fire and these party crashers showed up and almost started a fight...!"

Sofia: "...and there was this other dude who was threatening one of the party crashers..but Wolfgang stopped that fight before it even started...."

Siobhan gave Sakura a disapproving look: "You invited Wolfgang Munch, a Renegade, to your party, Sakura?"

Sakura: "Yes, I did! He's my friend, and he actually helped put out the fire and when...umm...one of the party crashers was trying to,,,um...well...Wolfgang stopped him...and stood up and protected me..."

Siobhan: "Well, I am glad that Sergio and I had a company dinner function that night because it is really not the sort of party I would want to attend. This is what happens when you associate with Renegades, Sakura...fires...thrashing the house...and who knows what else went on there..." she said as she raised her eyebrows, "I can only imagine!"

YOU-DONT-QUIT-I-TELL-YOU-TO-LEAVE.png

Sakura couldn't believe what Siobhan was implying: "Siobhan, nothing "else" went on in the house. And it's not the clothes that a sim wears or the club that they belong to that makes a person who they are. It is how a sim behaves everyday and how they treat others that counts. Siobhan, I'm sorry, but I don't think I can be a member of this club anymore. For one thing, I can't afford to keep buying all these clothes, just to look good. And, second, I can't be in a club that pigeonholes a sim into a certain category because they belong to a certain club or because they are different. We are all different, Siobhan, and that's what makes life interesting. And whether you like it or not, Wolfgang is my friend, and I am not going to stop being his friend because it's against the club rules. So, Siobhan, I feel I have to q-u-."

special-report-from-the-olympic-trainign-camp.png

The conversation was interrupted by Luna's gesturing: "Sakura! Sakura! Oh my god! It's Kiyoshi on tv! Another special report!"

All eyes turned to the tv as the announcers came on.

watching-the-report.png

TV Announcers: "Tonight, another special report from the Olympic Training Camp. Last week, we featured phenomenal snowboarder, Kiyoshi Ito from Mt. Komorebi. Well, ladies, get ready to have your hearts broken, because sources tell us that Kiyoshi is in a committed relationship with another sim from Mt. Komorebi..."

looking-at-tv.png

Sofia: "Yes! Yes! Kiyoshi's committed relationship is right here...Sakura...that's you!"

Sakura gave an embarrassed smile and returned her gaze to the screen.

TV Announcers: "...and it just so happens that Kyoshi's girlfriend is also a phenomenal snowboarder and a member of the Olympic Snowboarder Team! Deemed the Sweethearts of Mt. Komorebi, Kiyoshi Ito met Kaori Nishidake when she moved to Mt. Komorebi after the tragic death of her parents. Sources say that when Kiyoshi first saw Kaori snowboarding on the slopes, that it was love at first sight. The couple has been dating ever since and are inseparable..."

oh-nooo.png

Sakura couldn't believe what she had just heard. "It can't be true," she thought, "WE are a couple...Kiyoshi and I...not Kiyoshi and Kaori...unless...oh my gosh...unless they got together again at the Olympic Training Camp. I'm such a fool. No wonder he hasn't written me..."

Luna and Sofia both had shocked expressions on their faces as they listened to the report.

kaori-pic.png

A photo flashed on-screen of Kaori.

TV Announcers: "Kaori was raised by her grandparents, and her Grandfather is none other than esteemed businessman, Shigeru Nishidake. Insiders say that Kiyoshi and Kaori plan to make Mt. Komorebi a simworld destination with new developments to accommodate the influx of tourists. Bringing their two families together is important to them and these two look like they could accomplish anything.,,"

this-cant-be-happening.png

A photo is flashed on-screen of Kiyoshi and Kaori.

TV Announcers: "Kiyoshi Ito and Kaori Nishidake, heating up the slopes and warming the hearts of fans everywhere. With similar lifestyles, it's no wonder that The Sweethearts of Mt. Komorebi are made for each other. On and off the slopes."

this-cant-be-true.png
    oh-no-this-cant-be-true.png

Sakura stood there and felt like her world was crumbling all around her. Suddenly, she broke down and cried. She felt so betrayed. Such a fool. This just can't be true! It can't! Kiyoshi wouldn't do this to her. She just knew he wouldn't. It can't be true! Oh my gosh, but what if it was true? To find out like this, she just felt so heartbroken.

ITS-PRETTY-OBVIOUS-WHO-KIYOSHIS-GF-IS.png

Siobahn:"Well, that was an eye-opener. Looks like Kiyoshi's "real" girlfriend is Kaori Nishidake."

Sakura looked at Siobhan confused: "What?"

Siobhan: "Well, it's pretty obvious that you lied about your relationship with Kiyoshi. I mean, really, did you think we wouldn't find out? Did you lie just to stay in the Paragons Club? Just to be popular?"

Luna and Sofia tried to say something to Siobhan, but she quieted them.

I-DIDNT-LIE.png

Sakura wiped the tears from her eyes and looked at Siobhan, "I don't know about this tv report, but Kiyoshi is my boyfriend and I mean something to him. He had gone out with Kaori before we even met. I don't know what happened, but I am really and truly his girlfriend...or I was...I just don't know what's going on. And I didn't lie to be in your stupid club. I never joined to be popular. I couldn't care less about those things. I joined this club because I thought I could make some friends, but I guess I was wrong. And I only came here tonight to tell you personally that I was quitting the Paragons, because it is just not the club for me..."

IDIDNT-JOIN-THIS-CLUB-TO-BE-POPULAR.png

Siobhan: "You're quitting the Paragons? No-one quits the Paragons. I decide who stays and leaves, and after tonight, you, Sakura, are just not Paragons material. So, no, you didn't quit, I am asking you to leave! So, just go!"

YOU-JUST-GO.png
    SIOBHAN-TELLING-SAKURA-TO-LEAVE.png

Sakura didn't say another word and just headed out the door. Luna turned to Siobhan, "I can't believe you did that!' And with that Luna and Sofia headed out the door after Sakura.

SIOBHAN-HOW-COULD-YOU.png
    WHERE-DO-YOU-THINK-YOU-ARE-GOING.png

Siobhan: "And where do you think you two are going, Sofia and Luna? Don't think that I won't kick you out of this club, too! But wait, you can't leave. Who's going to make more espresso?"

TRYING-TO-CATCH-SAKURA-IN-THE-RAIN.png

Luna and Sofia tried to catch up to Sakura, but Sakura wouldn't stop and all they heard were her muffled sobs as she ran down the street. Luna started crying too and Sofia looked shocked. What were they going to do? Poor Sakura.

THIS-IS-TERRIBLE.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    @SoulGal7
    Great that you finally managed to get Sakura's save back!! :smiley: And hello to Arvin :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top