Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    *Everyone - I posted a new challenge thread for 2022 here if you'd like to take a look. Some of the rules have slightly changed so if you plan on doing this again, might want to read those. I posted it early in case anyone new had questions or wanted to prepare to do the challenge in advance.

I'll have today's update later tonight, but wanted to get that posted now. The year is going by fast, only 5 days left! o.O

Hope y'all are having a great day/night! Be back later... <3
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2021
    Update 356 - An evening swim

PDeKQW0.jpg
    I actually had more time to play than usual today, so I did a lot of behind the scenes stuff. I know I should probably start a brand new save for next - this one is a copy of the one I've had going since 2017 lol and I think I'm due for a fresh start, however, there's just so many established sims and relationships that I wouldn't mind moving over, so we'll see if I can manage to get this all set up by the new year AND finish this challenge LOL.

Anyway, first of all, I decided that Jules needed to age a bit, so I fiddled around with her overlay and gave her greying hair and also decided to retire her iconic nose stud.
    3sEgXhS.png?1

I realized Rowan and Willow weren't married yet when I popped in to age up their son so I had Rowan propose.
    bEyyHry.jpg

I did end up keeping his name as Brock - it's growing on me. And all I had to do was change some of his outfits - he aged up adorable!
    r7Mjo73.png

Robin worked on her aspirations. I want her to have all the reward traits from the childhood aspirations when I start this challenge next year. As far as adult skills go though, I'm gonna reset those all to 0 when I start this challenge just so she's not at an unfair advantage in that regard. But since Robin was born within this challenge and I plan to use her next year, I'm taking full advantage of her being a top notch toddler and finishing all the childhood aspirations before I start playing with her :)
    pmaQq3g.png

Ruby popped by to say hello too and as you can see, Jules is gonna have another grandbaby <3
    NMoAlYy.jpg

Jules had a few errands to run in town, but when she finished, she decided to take a swim since there's only gonna be so many warm days left before winter arrives.
    0hINqGI.png

Lol, this was a glitch from me using the tool mod, but it was amusing so I thought I'd share.
    XiFtfv0.jpg

Jules has lived a good full life, and it's moments like these that she likes to reflect on all that she's accomplished.
    53DKpuR.png
    edited December 2021
    December - Day 26: "May you stay courageous, stand upright and be strong. May you stay - forever young..."

icIP4jL.png

Notes
    N6d2Ecq.png
    "There's something we need to talk about now that we're elders and might not have much time left."
    "Oh? Do you mean our wills, or...?"
    "No, yes, well, maybe, it depends."
    "Depends on what?"
    "Well you must have thought about the fact we have some choices."
    "Yeah, but not very seriously."

dq2DgKY.png
    "Okay, well, I have. The first choice is to do nothing. We'll age until we die of old age or sooner if one of us gets sick or something."
    "I know. I don't like to think about that fact very much."

A1JLOes.png
    "Or another option since we're spellcasters is to take a Potion of Immortality and never die of old age. Theoretically, we could live forever, but as elders."
    "Still not a very good thing to think about really. Why would anyone want to live forever as an elder? Unless that's the only choice they have I guess."

oCD4EH9.png
    "The last choice is to give up being spellcasters and become vampires, we'd be young again and live forever."
    "Say what now!? Young again? Why have I never heard of that before? I didn't see anything in those Vampirism encyclopedias we read. How do you know that?"

iQ08hwF.png
    "Uncle Greg told me. He knows things no one else does since he's the Grim Reaper. I didn't think we'd ever need or want to be a vampire again, so didn't think anything of it at the time."
    "I thought vampires stayed the age they were when turned?"

w1EX28Z.png
    "That's true, the first time turned they'll stay the age they were, slowly aging over the centuries."
    "You said the first time turned, the second is...different?"
    "Yes! Uncle Greg told me if a cured vampire becomes a vampire again, they age down to a young adult if they are older. We could be young adults again Babe. Think about that. Young again for a long, long time and live forever."

ke8hqn8.png
    "What about our family and friends that aren't vampires? Do you really want to watch them grow older and die?"
    "They don't have to though. It's their choice. Just like this would be our choice. We all have choices...I...won't do it without you though, I just...I can't..."

5xt7KYx.png
    "...the thought of you dying and living without you...I don't want to live without you, I can't. I won't. And if I die before you..."

yVfVi1M.png
    "I can't stand the thought of you with anyone else. I know you'd get lonely, find someone else...thinking about you 'with' someone else, again...I..."

Essa couldn't continue, she broke down and burst into tears.

aIMXbbz.png
    Josh got up from his seat and pulled her into his arms, holding her tight to him.

"Hey, hey, don't cry, it's okay, please don't cry. "

0EvJb4R.png
    "I love you Beautiful. Only you. I would never be with anyone else. There's no one else I could ever love the same as you."

BaLxDUw.png
    "I know you love me, but you could live a long time after I die, and you'd get lonely, I know you would. You're a very viral man and I just can't see you being alone. I wouldn't want you to be alone. I'd want you to be happy. But at the same time, it kills me thinking about it. Why even think about the possibility when it doesn't have to be that way?"
    "Oh Beautiful, I wouldn't. Trust me. I promise."

bFfyXOm.png
    "Yes, you would, you wouldn't be able to help yourself and I wouldn't want you to. I'd never have you make such a promise to me. It wouldn't be fair or right to do it."

AuJpRFP.png
    "Let's sit down, I want to tell you something, okay?"
    "Alright."

dM8C4OT.png
    "Beautiful, I think we should do it. I wouldn't want to live without you either. There's no guarantee if we let nature take it's course we'd die together. In fact, odds are we won't. You're right about choices. We have this amazing opportunity to be young again. How many get that chance? I'd say it's a very slim number. We'd be fools not to go for it."

c9wIOlf.png
    "Seriously? You will?"
    "Yes, of course I will. The thought of being young again and with you forever? There are no words for how happy that makes me feel. You're my best friend, my lover, my wife, my soulmate. You're a part of me, and I don't want to ever let you go."

0m5xueY.png
    "Oh Babe, I love you so much. I feel like crying again."
    "Aww, Beautiful don't do that."
    "I'm just so happy, I can't help it."

hhK6wPl.png
    "Wait...you're not just agreeing to this because of everything I said are you? It has to be what you really want too. This is serious. Uncle Greg also told me, if you become a vampire a second time, you can't take the cure again. If we do, we'll instantly die. It's truly forever when we have someone turn us again. Are you sure Josh, really sure? Maybe you should think about it for awhile"

ySRphAi.png
    "I'm sure, without a doubt. I don't need to think about. It's what I want too. I'm sad thinking about those that might not take the choice to be immortal. I don't know if my brothers will, but...it's their choice. I just hope they understand."
    "I do too, but if they don't, I won't change my mind. Will you?"
    "No, I won't change my mind. This is it Beautiful. We'll be together, forever."

hQQRcjR.png
    "Should we tell everyone at the party?"
    "Maybe, if we don't do it beforehand. If we do, everyone might already know. Dad will need to give us the Rites of Dissolution. Unless we do it privately, Morgyn will be there, maybe even Jessah and the news would probably snowball through the family."
    "Let's just wait until after the party, I don't want to make any life changing announcements that could upset some of our family/friends. I just want to have a good time with everyone celebrating our life together so far."
    "I agree. Okay, I'm SO excited Babe! Wow, just imagine what we'll be able to do as young adults again. We could even have more kids!"
    "Mmm, speaking of having kids. I know what we'll be doing afterward to celebrate. If you get my drift Beautiful."
    "I always do Babe, and I always will... forever."
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    Okay, I just now finished writing the story part of yesterday's post, but it needs to be tweaked and proofed and I'm exhausted. I apologize for it, but I'll need to post and do comments in the morning when I get up. I hope y'all understand. Sweet Dreams! :)
    Update 357 - Make it rain

usGAAH4.jpg

I laughed out loud at this animation that happened when I clicked "tip Clara." :joy: Anyway, did some more behind the scenes stuff. Jules is almost done with this aspiration, so hopefully I can tie up Jules' chapter of this challenge soon so that Robin is ready to take the reins on January 1st. She'll be aging up soon, almost done with her childhood aspirations :)
    *Updated my December 26th post above! Comments/replies coming up next after we have some lunch and make a trip into town. Today's update will be posted later tonight. Hope y'all are having a fantastic day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    Some great memories for Jules and those that are special to her. I remember when the Christmas tree caught on fire. o.O Love the screenshot daily post pic of Emmett and Jules together too. I love how they always had matching PJs for the family photo around the Christmas tree too. hehe Naked, well, she's wearing a diaper, but still! Thanks so much for sharing, it's fun going down memory lane eh? <3

I knew you'd remember what that talk was about and the gift. Sometimes I really wish we could hear what they say rather than being in Simlish. hehe I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! :)

So happy you'll be doing the challenge again next year. Last time I looked in the new thread, it appears we have five so far, including me. Plus, one of them is a brand new challenger! So excited about that. \o/

Jules still looks great even after you aged her up a bit more. Good job! Yay! Rowan and Willow finally got married! So happy for them! Love little Brock, he's just darling! <3 I think that's a fabulous plan for Robin. She deserves to take full advantage of the toddler traits/aspirations since she is an 'heir' for next year's challenge. I wouldn't expect anything less! Well hey there Ruby! Congrats to her, Zane and soon to be twice around Grandparents Jules and Emmett! *gasp* Jules can walk on water! Are you sure you don't have ROM? hehe

Oh man, that option to 'tip' cows is hilarious! :D I laughed too the first time I saw it in one of James Turner's LPs on YT. They get 'enriched' milk from doing that too. hehe Yay! You're almost there! Only 4 days to go! Are you excited? I am. It doesn't matter we've been through this once already because all Sims and their stories are different. Who knows, perhaps we'll learn even more new things as we play next year. I know there are some aspirations I plan to try I've never done before too, so there's that. :)
    edited December 2021
    December - Day 27: "The Anniversary Party!"

pLOag9A.png

Notes
    pbZ0DUA.png
    Very early Wednesday morning, Essa and Josh begin to prepare for the party later that day. By early, I mean it's around 12:30 a.m.! Josh was in charge of the food since he's a fresh chef and nothing ever spoils that he makes. He started by grilling up some steaks and then made a variety of other dishes.

TfgGaW7.png
    The sun is up now which gives you a clue just how long it took for Josh to make all this. There's two kinds of salad, Monte Cristo sandwiches, Roast Chicken dinner, the steaks, baked potatoes, plus apple pie and Baked Alaska for dessert. A tray of Iced Tea for those who don't want anything stronger, along with a Keg and bar drinks for beverages.

They set up a portable dance floor, hauled out the stereo, bought a new bar & stools, plus a Sabaac table & chairs and put it all outside near the picnic BBQ area. Speaking of the BBQ, I put that in household inventory so no one would try to grill anything. Nobody should feel they're lacking food with that spread! I also temporarily remodeled the potting shed for a bathroom and locked the doors to the house for everyone but the pets.

Not that it matters, but today was supposed to be rain. I'm not letting anything spoil this party though and used UI Cheats to make it Sunny. Also, turned off weather affects on Sims since it's a scorching hot day. Lastly, after I had Josh tap the keg, I gave he and Essa full autonomy for the party. Anything that happens, I'm not responsible. :D

After taking care of the animals and tending the garden, it was finally time for the party! Here we go...

dcxvxFY.png
    The guests start to arrive and look who is first. Normally when the Grim Reaper comes to your party, that's not a good thing. However, this Grim Reaper is Essa's Uncle Greg! Samara and Inna are also here, but haven't made their way to the party area yet.

56bLByg.png
    Melody arrives at top speed and cheers for Josh who is tapping the keg. I bet you can guess what kind of juice it is from the color. ;)

2majBg8.png
    More guests arrive and start digging into the food. There's Melody next to Josh, Samara, Seth, Malcom sitting in front of Molly standing, Joel and Nik.

LqPDCLS.png
    Aww, Seth gives his Mother a hug. Perhaps they haven't seen each other in awhile since he and Josee now live in San Myshuno in Essa and Josh's penthouse they gifted to them as a wedding present.

HYCPfpq.png
    Josh and Melody are having a good time telling each other jokes.

1EJBdyP.png
    Damon and Jessah arrive and share a hug.

H00T5MX.png
    Veera waltzes in fashionably late. She's behind Josh standing next to Melody. If you look closely you can see a sliver of her orange dress. Seth melts seeing her there. I think he did that at the Kava party too. I think Malcom looks a bit stunned as well, ditto about the Kava party fanboying over her. hehe Still seems weird since she's his Mother-in-law.

JXzOqV8.png
    Inna had been standing in the front of the house this whole time. I realized she was stuck and reset her. She finally walked over to join everyone and had some laughs with Joel. Jon was invited too, but didn't show up. I think he had to work.

YKc57Iq.png
    Oh Malcom, always with the jokes. I think whatever kind of joke it was, Cordelia didn't approve by the look on her face. Melody just smiles. This isn't her first rodeo with Malcom. She's used to his shenanigans. It looks like Ollie and Buster are having fun playing too.

gieC0Kq.png
    Essa and Jessah share a hug. It's definitely been awhile since they've seen each other. Damon compliments Molly on her outfit.
    "I remember that from when we were teens in Essa's club. It still looks great on you."
    "Thanks, I can't believe it still fits."
    "I can, you don't look a day older than when we were teens. Still young and beautiful."
    "I have you to thank for that Damie."

8yMJKvh.png
    Either inspired by memories of dancing in Essa's club or just the fact she's always liked to dance, Molly is the first one on the dance floor. Ollie sits and watches everyone, hoping for some love. Don't worry, I saw many of the guests giving both he and Buster lots of cuddles. I know Jules definitely would've if she and Vlad had showed up. I don't know why they didn't. Neither one work if I remember. A bit of a bummer. Ah well...

Sl7uFq5.png
    Here's something you won't see every day. The Grim Reaper doing a keg stand!
    "Don't drop me."
    "I won't, I promise!"
    Joel looks excited to see what happens and I think Melody looks a bit intrigued too.

BFoxPHf.png
    "Ugh! Gawd you're heavy. What have you been eating, body builders?"

m6GUMjX.png
    "Just don't drop me!"
    "Stop worrying and drink! I got you."

xjPJNVr.png
    Greg successfully does the keg stand and Veera, true to her word doesn't drop him.
    "See? I told you! Good job Greggy Poo!"
    "Shhh! Don't call me that!"
    (Greggy poo!?)

F2ZmK00.png
    A lot of the guests follow Molly's example and enjoy dancing to the Summer Strut station. Melody is really getting into it.

d3h4XOg.png
    So is Josh showing off some moves. I see you old man, you still got it goin' on!
    (Ohhh Yeahhh!)

W5aUrM2.png
    Essa walked over to give her Mom a hug and for some reason she got a blessing from the ancients. What!? Hmm, I wonder if Cordelia's been to Selvadorada lately.

wzHLaN4.png
    They finally hug and have a chat with Greg standing by. Oh, well now, looks like he's got some of the passion juice from the keg too.

K29ogBv.png
    I think Essa may have spilled the beans about she and Josh's plans to become vampires again. Her Mom looks extremely happy about that.

5XTlJJ5.png
    Once again, Josh beats Malcom to the punch and zaps him with a hand buzzer. hehe

GeSd81V.png
    "Muwahaha! I got you again! You're slipping Dude!"
    "Oh, that's two I owe you now. Watch out old man, I'll get you back good!"
    "You can try!"

ZRWNBr3.png
    It's all good though, these two are best Bros. Along with fighting for fun, they pull pranks on each other like this all the time.

tRJyeIG.png
    Essa is cracking up over a vampire joke Nik told her and I see Sam has finally arrived! Yay!

zlirlfF.png
    Oh, um, opps! Apparently I gave Malcom and Sam the same party outfit. Or almost the same, Malcom's got the boots I love. Actually Damon and Seth are wearing those boots too. Ironically, Josh isn't, and those are iconic to him. At least to me! :) Josh shares a hug with Josee. They haven't seen each other either for a long time.

UtNHUcf.png
    Essa gives her big brother a hug while Ollie is passed out on the dance floor. hehe Morgyn tells her Simeon and L. wanted to come, but they were finishing up finals with their students before Summer break and couldn't be there. Essa understands. She'll be seeing both very soon anyway.

RWnRWMh.png
    It looks like Josh isn't the only Hunter boy that loves mixology. I'm not surprised. Having fun Joel?
    "Ohhh Yeahhh!"
    Okay, I guess maybe Josh got that phrase from Joel? hehe
    Love seeing Foo Foo and Daisy hopping around behind him.

AEt7g25.png
    I was panning around to see what everyone was up to with the game paused and saw, this! Apparently Veera was helping Melody too with a keg stand, but she dropped her. o.O

XGNtHro.png
    And then laughs about it! Veera!

gbJOoAN.png
    "Ow, ow, ow owieeee! Thanks Mom, I think I broke my butt!"
    "Broke your butt! HAHAHA! Oh pffft, you're a vamp, you'll be fine."

nlOm0Jq.png
    While chatting with Essa, Morgyn also gets a blessing from the ancients. I forgot how contagious that blessing can be. Did he get it from her? Or from Cordelia standing behind him? Hmm...

bFZTDh6.png
    No reason for this other than I love the smile on Essa's face, and Sam too! They both look so happy.

07HWX7A.png
    After searching for it this entire time during the party, I finally managed to get all the guests that showed up in a group shot. I'm sure you already know who they are so I won't list them. Including the pets there are 20 on the lot, the maximum allowed. That makes me very happy! Good job balancing those bottles Joel!

OmqJmUZ.png
    Greg now receives the bless--- wait, it says he was 'cursed by the ancients'? That's interesting. Why does he looks so happy about it? Because he's a gloomy Sim? That must be it. Or maybe because he's Grim? I don't see Cordelia anywhere, so it must've been Morgyn that passed the 'curse' to him.

aP6uXNj.png
    (Hey, it wasn't me! I know better than to mess with Grim.)

XuOxukq.png
    Looks like Veera is wondering who did it to Greg too. She's kind of side-eyeing Cordelia who has one eyebrow raised in question... or perhaps in glee?
    (Okay, I confess, it was me. Greggy Poo is always so gloomy, I thought he could use some happiness in his life. I didn't know it would backfire. Opps! At least he's still happy, right?)
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it, you did good!
    On a sidenote, I still can't get over just how beautiful Veera is and I never will! She is one of the prettiest female Sims I've ever seen!

1tVj6v9.png
    Essa gives her Uncle a loving hug. Aww! Look how happy so many guests are, they're laughing and clapping! Why? To see Grim so happy?

W5mwWY4.png
    (Yes! It worked! I hope it lasts!)
    (Oooo, that's Veera! The celebrity! Yay!)
    (I'm just happy I made it here before the party ended.)
    "Hey, anybody want a drink?"

4z5o1kc.png
    For some reason, most of the guests stopped whatever they were doing and stood very still. It was weird!

rGC0Gh4.png
    Ah, I see, the party is over and some of the guests immediately start to leave. But not all of them. The 'official' party might be over, but stay tuned, it's not over yet!
    @Karababy52
    I love the idea of Josh and Essa being immortal and back to their YA selves - and that it ties into the lore of ROM that you created for your world this year. ROM is definitely a pack I’d consider getting in the following year - I’m missing Glimmerbrook, Del Sol Valley and Evergreen Harbor so I think I’ll invest in one of those packs soon.

I’m excited to meet your sim for next year and see how you might tie it into your current universe!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Hi everyone! I am working overtime this week again and will have several posts on Friday, Dec. 31st to finish off this challenge (even though I missed 2 months). I may be able to get one up before then, though. There are also some personal health issues going on with my parents in Canada, and my mind is on that and some decisions I have to make shortly about what I need to do. And @Karababy52 I did see the post for next year's challenge, and have been play-testing several "candidates" but because of the uncertainty of things, I probably won't be joining everyone next year. I really like this challenge, and was going to force myself to just post a pic a day with a short update...lol..that would be my OWN personal challenge for sure instead of creating long-winded storylines. I am still thinking about it...I just have to see how things go. Anyway, looking forward to all your stories this week, and getting mine out on the last day of December, since I have that day off. Have a great day/night everyone :)
    Update 358 - Aspiration progress

DdMl1ee.png
    Getting gifts from bunnies and birds.
    LzJPQr8.png

She also maxed out her friendship with Clara and got some pumpkin spiced milk
    I4IXv6n.png

Jules only has one aspiration milestone left and it's to win a prize at a fair. It was Thursday in game and the next fair is the cow one on Saturday so I'll be done soon!

Robin also finished the rambunctious scamp aspiration. In the middle of a thunderstorm :D She only has the social butterfly aspiration left and then she'll be ready to age up!
    sG2jQM3.jpg
    *Updated my December 27th post above! I apologize, but this post is longer than my usual, over 40 screenshots. I took 250 screenshots and had a hard time sorting through them to decide what to post! I could cry over what didn't make it in the story, but I think I got most of the highlights covered. Today's update will be longer too, but shorter than this one. I'll be posting that next and comments too. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    December - Day 28: "The After Party!"

Sj2zAJt.png

Notes

i5avRGf.png
    For some reason, Melody wanted to try to do another keg stand before she left. Whether out of pride or what, I don't know. I'm not sure I'd trust Veera if I were her. Especially since she laughed at her. I guess Melody believes in second chances. We'll see how well that belief serves her.

"Promise you won't drop me like last time?"
    "I'll try."
    "Try? Try to what? Drop me or not drop me?"
    "Okay, okay, I promise to try not drop you."

d9lsBNV.png
    I'm not sure Melody really does trust Veera won't drop her again. She looks scared or nervous. Maybe it's just nerves doing the keg stand.

sBqR1uL.png
    "Oof, you're almost as heavy as your Dad! No wonder I dropped you."
    "MOM!"

3wgQJKZ.png
    Uh oh, this doesn't look good. I don't think Melody is doing so well.

EUFs3WR.png
    "Steady, steady, there you go, you're doing it. Keep going!"

eVLugVn.png
    But Melody just couldn't handle it.
    "BLARG!"
    "Quit squirming! Gah! I can't hold on!"

umQEz2l.png
    Melody fell and landed at her Father's feet.
    "AHHHHHH! Not again!"

0ewMno9.png
    "Don't blame me! It's your fault this time. hehe"
    "Are you alright Melody dear?"
    "She is fine my love. Just a minor fall."

Greg is totally oblivious to what has just happened, or perhaps is consciously ignoring the fact his daughter is lying at his feet in pain.

m3pEguS.png
    "HAHAHAHA! Oh man, too funny! That's twice! You just can't hold your juice can you?"
    "You okay Pumpkin?"
    "I'm fine Daddy. Except for a broken butt."
    "Broken Butt! " *gigglesnort* "HEHEHEHAHAHA!"
    "MOM!"

dkkL7R8.png
    "How're you feeling Babe?"
    "Great! Fantastic! The Best. Ohhh Yeahhh! What a party huh?"
    "The best! Might want to lay off the juice though."
    "Why? It's a party Wooo Hooo!"

F80MNVz.png
    Apparently it was both Cordelia and Essa passing around the blessing from the ancients. Now Josh has been blessed.

kb0E16z.png
    "I don't know what happened just now, but I feel like I want, no NEED to kiss you Beautiful. I just love you so much."
    Hmm, apparently the blessing has made Josh very flirty!

weOBt4e.png
    Proof positive that Essa may be an elder but there is NOTHING wrong with her back. What a kiss!

vsBGqbU.png
    Looks like Nik approves. Oh dang! Joel is leaving and they didn't get to say goodbye. Ah well, I'm sure he understands.

ozcJdW4.png
    Yup, Nik definitely approves!

o8SWmvX.png
    "Wow Babe, what got into you? That was amazing!"
    "You, just you. You look radiant. We've had such a wonderful, full life and I can't wait to spend forever with you. Happy Anniversary Beautiful!"
    "Happy Anniversary Babe!"
    (Forever? Let's see...... Oh! Well now, what a lovely idea! Good for them!)

EnizMqa.png
    "Essa?"
    "Yes?"

la3QEqA.png
    "Would you mind joining me here for a moment. I'd like to speak to you about something."
    "Oh, okay, sure."

Z4TxpXX.png
    "I'm sorry, but I could not help overhearing what you told your Mother. I hope you remember everything I told you."
    "Yes, I remember, all of it."
    "Well alright then, Congratulations! I hope everything turns out like you hope. "
    "Thanks Uncle Greg and thanks for telling me about it too! I'm sure it'll be great. How could it not? We'll be together, forever. That's all that matters."

Greg simply nodded. She gave him a quick hug around the shoulders and kissed his cheek before she got up and went over to dance with Josh. She didn't see it, but Greg let a small smile slip onto his lips when she kissed him. Even Grim needs to be appreciated and loved. Especially love from a niece that he adores.

nHnXHgT.png
    "Oh, you're leaving? So soon?"
    "Unfortunately, yes, I have some things I need to do. And you too Greg, are you coming?"
    "Be there in a few my sweet."
    "Okay then, thanks for coming. I love you!"
    "I love you too dear."

Y2x55Yz.png
    Josh and Inna were saying their goodbyes too as Greg stood by, looking at Josh and thinking.
    (I hope he really understands. Forever has no end.)

Greg left and the rest of the guests began to make their departure as well.

2Rk2XID.png
    Josh and Essa shared a kiss...

WkwPHY5.png
    ... in the middle of the dance floor as Inna and Samara walked away.

boY5Ugx.png
    "Still feeling good? I am! What a great party! I wish it didn't have to end so soon though."

ik0rlJE.png
    "I bet Melody is glad though."
    "Oh man, poor girl. hehe Gawd, I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but seeing her fall, twice, was hilarious! She'll be okay, right?"
    "Of course. Vamps heal incredibly fast. Nothing hurt seriously but her pride... and her butt!"
    *snicker*

pi7xkdy.png
    "I have an idea how to end this night the best way possible. What do you think about paying Bluebell's shed a visit?"

CcnP7r5.png
    "Eh, I don't know. I got a stick stuck in my ear the last time."
    "Oh, come on! Don't be a party pooper."

DoAfqaz.png
    "Party pooper! HAHA! I'm not a party pooper! You are so funny tonight Babe." *gigglesnort*
    "Is that a yes?"
    "Come on old man, show me whatcha got!"
    "Oh, you already know what I got."

WzoiySm.png
    And that's just what they intended to do, woo hoo in Bluebell's shed. However, they got to the door, turned around and ran to Teddy's shed, then did the same thing once they got to that shed door. They were stuck in a loop. I figured out why, Sims can't woo hoo in a shed with an animal in it. I had to cancel the action.

n4FQTj2.png
    I felt bad for doing it though and at this point I put back the 'no autonomy' setting and sent them to the hot tub so they could have their wish.

ANaWoHQ.png
    Who am I to stand in the way of love? It's not their fault Bluebell and Teddy were in there.

CbUgUQ2.png
    xXiRFlm.png
    The perfect ending to a perfect night. Let's leave these two lovebirds alone now to end their evening in peace. Good night my wonderful couple and Happy Anniversary! I love you both... <3
    @permenentrose
    Thanks! I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with Josh and Essa to end this year. I had thought at one time of having them die as elders together. But, I just couldn't bring myself to do that to them after all they've been through. Plus, the fact they are both Spellcasters and Essa is half Vampire. They had choices and I took the one I thought made the most sense for them. I'm glad you're thinking about getting one of those packs. I'd try to recommend one over the other, but I can't. I love them all! <3

I'm excited to start next year with Cale too! Especially since I'll be playing a guy this time with traits I've never used and trying out aspirations I've never done at some point. I'm not planning on any tie-in with this year's challenge. I'll be starting a new save for it I've been working on for awhile. My own background/NPC Sims from other challenges will still be there, of course, and a few other challenge Sims from this year.

The plan is they'll be purely background characters, not integral to the challenge. Who knows though, perhaps Cale will show an interest in one of them. It's mostly up to him what happens. I'll be trying to use full autonomy as much as possible next year too. THAT will be a big challenge for me by itself since I normally micromanage all my Sims. :)

Love all the gifts the animals can give our Sims, it's a cute action they added to HoB. Ooo, pumpkin spice milk! Very cool! Good luck to Jules and Clara at the fair! I'm betting they'll win! Whoa, can kids get hit by lightening? I don't think I've ever seen one get hit, but if they can, what a daringly dangerous thing for her to do! However, congrats on finishing the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration Robin! Excited to see what she looks like as a teen and her adventures next year! :)

@SoulGal7
    I hope overtime ends soon, and more importantly hope you and your family's health improves soon! Real life always comes first, of course. If you end up having time to join the challenge again, that's great! I'll certainly understand though if you just don't have the time for it at all. This challenge can be daunting at times, especially the way we all wrote full stories with our challenge Sim. I love it, but it gets overwhelming at times, even for me and I don't work outside the home. However, I still have a family, cats and home to take care of though.

That's the main reason why I'll be trying to cut back for next year. Another one is how the challenge mostly took over my Simming life. I still dabbled with other gameplay, but not as much as I would've liked. I'll be trying my best to only do a daily post pic with a short summary and only post more if I feel it's needed to show something important, cool or funny. We'll see how it goes. Take care! :)
    edited December 2021
    December: Henford-on-Bagley: More Adventures in the Bramblewoods

bridge-to-creature-keepers-house.png
    The next morning when Wolfgang went to the chicken coop, there was a surprise waiting for him. One of the eggs was ready to hatch!
    hatching-egg.png

egg-is-ready-to-hatxh.png

Wolfgang held it in his hand and suddenly the egg started to crack....

watching-the-egg-hatch-wolf.png

and-it-hatched.png

oh-gosh-look-at-this-cute-chick.png

an-egg-just-hatched.png

And there...was a newly hatched chick! And Wolfgang named it Fluff.
    wolfgangh-and-hatched-chick.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While Wolfgang had been busy outside, Sakura was busy inside. She had recently decided to take up writing, and was working on her first children's book. Apparently, she had a knack for writing books.

sakura-has-taken-up-writing.png
    publiashed-book-nominated.png

With the chores done and the kids off to school, Wolfgang and Sakura headed out to the Bramblewoods again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When they arrived, Wolfgang had to stop at his "flock house." The birds must have been really happy to see him.

oh-arent-you-a-friendly-sweet-girl.png

wolfgang-had-to-stop-and-see-his-flock.png
    soft-feathers-moodlet.png

Sakura tried her luck, too, and the flock gave her a gift.
    blackberry-jam-gift.png

They wandered over to the ruins again and saw Melody and chatted with her in the gazebo near the ruins. Melody told them that she had been out foraging raspberries and blueberries. She pointed to a few bushes and after they said their good-byes, Sakura headed over to collect some blueberries, too.

CHAT-WITH-MELODY-AT-GAZEBO.png

foraging-the-harvest.png

While Sakura foraged, Wolfgang had looked around and spotted a bridge over water. When Sakura was finished, they headed across and discovered that someone lived there.

SOMEONE-LIVED-HERE.png

Sakura marveled at the beautiful garden...

WHAT-A-BEAUTIFUL-GARDEN.png

Wolfgang had seen someone sitting on a bench and went over to chat with them. The sim told him his name was Michael Bell, and he was dubbed the Creature Keeper, as he looked after all the creatures in the Bramblewoods.

HELLO-IM-WOLF4.png

MEETING-THE-CREATURE-KEEPER.png

Sakura went up to meet him, and Michael looked closely at her.

Michael Bell: "Ahhh....this must be Sakura. I have heard wonderful things about you from Kim and Agatha in town. Agatha, especially, told me that there was something unusual about you..."

Sakura: "Oh...I don't think there is anything unusual about me," she said looking at Wolfgang rather confused.

Michael Bell: "I am not sure about that, Sakura...because now that I've met you...I am almost certain there is. Perhaps the right word is special...there is something special about you..."

chatting-with-michael.png

Wolfgang smiled, "Yes, there is. I can agree with that. Sakura is very special. She always has been....especially to me," he said as he gazed at Sakura lovingly.

TAKING-A-PHOTO-WITH-THE-CREATURE-KEEP-ER.png

Michael Bell smiled at them both. They chatted some more and Sakura and Michael took a photo together. They bid Michael farewell, and crossed the bridge again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The day had become quite warm, and since they had brought their swimsuits, Sakura and Wolfgang decided to take a swim in the River Bagley. They waded in and the water felt cool and refreshing to their hot skin.

They swam a bit and Wolfgang playfully splashed Sakura.

it-was-a-warm-day-and-they-decided-to-go-for-a-swim.png

splashing.png

They swam to a beautiful waterfall, and Wolfgang held Sakura close to him.

do-you-remember-that-waterfall-in-sulani.png

Sakura: "This is such a wonderful day...and I am with the sim who makes me feel special and loved. I don't think I could ask for anything more..."

Wolfgang: "Well, I could think of one more thing that I would want..."

Sakura: "Oh? And what is that?"

i-remember-it-well.png

Wolfgang: "A kiss with you..." he said and before Sakura could reply, he kissed her.

i-love-you-so-much-sakura.png

They parted and Sakura whispered, "That kiss makes today the most perfect day..."

Wolfgang smiled, "Everyday is perfect with you, Sakura..." he replied and they swam towards shore together.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When they had dried off, Wolfgang said that there was one more place he wanted to explore. He had seen a pathway leading uphill when they were sitting on the bench yesterday, and Sakura agreed that they should find out if anything was up there. They hiked up the hill, and when they came to the top...

he-had-seen-a-pathway-from-the-bench-yesterday.png

could-this-be-it.png

its-for-rent-perhaps-we-can-stay-here-one-night.png

Wolfgang exclaimed: "Sakura...it's a cottage...do you think this is the cottage where Princess Cordelia stayed?"

found-the-cottage.png

doing-some-fishing-at-the-falls.png

They looked out at the view and they could see the castle ruins from here as well as the beautiful expanse of the Bramblewoods.

Sakura: "It might be. It is indeed in a beautiful spot right near the waterfalls. And look at this view!"

The view was indeed spectacular. They stayed a bit longer....looking around, and doing a bit of fishing at the falls. They admired the view one last time, and since it was already dark, they decided it was time to head back home.

one-last-look-at-the-ruins-and-thety-headed-home.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,776 Member

Okay so I break my looonngg update to 3 parts.. for my sanity..

Melody Connors

Day 300+

kpv7j6J.png

The one when things start falling apart , Part 1

TgZPutI.png
    One day, Melody had big news to tell to her mom.
    GFHCwZZ.png
    Inna was visiting, like all visitors, she went to the grand piano. Gladly she is good at it.
    JfmSh5A.png
    But clearly, something she heard, made her stop playing..
    HvPmoSk.png
    ..and grab a drink from the bar.
    "Mom, I am now officially dating Johnny Landgraab." Melody said.
    "Wh-wh-whaat??! " asked Veera. "You can't be serious?! What about that "dream of yours, you were so sure you belong to Malcolm?"
    "And that is what it was, just a dream, I get it now!" Melody replied. "And anyway, still a Landgraab.." she tried to continue joking.
    6sIaotc.png
    "I need a strong plasma drink now.."
    J1EIDBl.png
    "Mom, I really get it now! And I know in my dream, I procrastinated the wedding all the time, it was your big annoyance , mom. So now I promise you, right after Johnny grows to YA I let myself to age too and we will get married!" Melody continued.
    "MARRIED!?!?! Wait wait now Melody, aren't you a bit hasty??" Veera tried to ask.
    "I need another drink,," said Inna.
    mutd9M8.png
    "No I am not! I am as sure of this as I see 4 spiders up there, you really should hire a maid, mom. And I have a date now, bye!" Melody replied.
    "Does he even know that you are vampire? And not to mention about your family? I clearly remember how huge shock it was to M--" Veera asked, but got interrupted by Inna..
    "HOW HUGE SPIDER INDEED!!!" Inna screamed.
    "He will know eventually, Inna, i am sure you have spiders too, that is not THAT huge.." Melody said and left rolling her eyes..
    "You sure have drank enough.." said Veera to Inna, who looked at her angrily.

8g2dcPR.png
    First official date .. that counted as a kiss..
    P0bN3Pg.png

EuG4gdt.png

nGPgmXo.png

ToOtyWu.png
    Date ended up beeing as perfect as the food :)
    7vGIfyL.png
    Well almost, I forgot she had the cannot tolerate human food thing.. okay maybe not in restaurants then :D

Meanwhile, back in the castle..
    YRt0d24.png
    Inna and Veera were arguing about something, back of the building..
    "I can't believe you almost said that..."
    "...and how am I supposed to..."
    "There?? Down there?? Really??"
    ".. you have WHAT??!!"
    obbESdH.png
    Maybe they thought nobody saw, or heard them?
    eMaAafH.png
    Someone did, Greg. He heard part of their yelling.
    7wCF9xO.png
    "Uhmm.."
    RhFPf7f.png
    "Nikolas, you sure know..
    mmKNb0n.png
    "How to make an entrance." Greg said.
    MeNYaQ0.png
    "We need to talk.." Said Nikolas.
    "I know, you suspected something long ago, so do I.. " Greg replied and continued "I even had a moment flash that I knew the boy Melody painted... and had a headache.."
    "You don't get sick.." Nikolas mentioned.
    "I know.."

"I strongly sense that my wife, and yours have something to do with it.." Greg continued, "..I cannot get a good touch of it, what are they doing, if anything. All I know I HAVE to find out!"
    5FSW8sP.png
    "I agree." Said Nikolas, "But not now! We have to wait until Melody's hibernation is over. It is very delicate thing, and what if we are wrong?"
    "I don't think we are." Greg replied. "And we need help."
    OrDhxwS.png
    "Yes we do, and we both know from who." Nikolas said.
    "HIM? How? Not like I have his phone number! And I am not mixing my sister in this!" Greg said.
    "Relax, you don't have to, IF we are right, you can go and ask him yourself."
    "And if we are wrong?" Greg asked.
    "Then, we have nothing to worry about, right?" Nikolas replied.
    "True.."

gAtSsqD.png

Heat9XZ.png

C4wjdme.png

To be continued....
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Update 359 - The Pie

m4DmAyb.png
    I did a lot of behind the scenes stuff to get my challenge ready for next year, but I did manage to get Robin's aspirations all finished. I also looked a week ahead for the fair by mistake, so it's actually the Vegetable Fair so tomorrow I will play that and hopefully finish Jules' aspiration! She made a pie since that's one of the things you can submit. She has a lot of oversized crops she's been storing in the fridge too so hopefully one of those can win her a prize.

Just a few baking shots :)
    M5Se9i5.png
    e0ynW1N.png

Also when I first logged in, it was still storming, and of course this is what Jules wanted to do :D
    YFcuZVl.png
    Sorry comments are so short - both my parents have covid, and I keep feeling on and off sick as well, so I need to head to bed, but wanted to stop by to comment quickly :)

@SoulGal7 Such beautiful screenshots! And congrats on your chick!

@Karababy52 What a lovely anniversary party, and I love how much you've developed Essa's story and family this year. So sentimental to see them all having come this far <3

@Ellupelluellu Noooo, wrong Langraab Melody :D:D Still so curious to see how Melody's alternate universe ties into your challenge as a whole!
    edited December 2021
    December - Day 29: "The Rites of Dissolution"

5OnkVJW.png

Notes
    EbpeX5O.png
    "Essa! It's so good to see you! I'm sorry L. and I couldn't make it to your party."
    "It's okay Dad, I understand. You're both very important and busy Sages. We planned to come here today anyway."

FGAztmW.png
    "Hey Morgyn, good to see you again."
    "Yes, you too, and so soon. Great party last night, we had fun."
    "Hey Daddy. Haven't seen you and Mom in the Realm in ages."
    "I know, we've been busy with the farm, but made time to come here today."

GEo3Hoo.png
    "Oh? Any special reason why?"
    "Yes, I need you to give me the Rites of Dissolution, right here, right now. We'll explain why afterwards, okay?"
    "But, why? Is everything okay? I don't understand. It's your choice of course though and I will honor your decision."
    "Please Dad, can we just do it, quickly?"
    "Alright, I can see you're determined to do this. I trust you to tell me why."
    "Thanks Dad."

KOi9mLg.png
    Essa and Josh had agreed it was best to convince Simeon and Morgyn to give them the Rites as soon as they arrived in the Realm. They didn't want either one to try changing their minds and possibly refuse once they found out their reasons for it. Morgyn was of course just as confused as Simeon.

"I sense you have something serious to say by the look on your face."
    "Yes, I need you to give me the Rites of Dissolution, quickly, right here and now would be best. Essa will have her Father give her them as well."
    "You both do not wish to be Spellcasters anymore? Is there a problem?"
    "We'll explain everything after, I promise. It needs to be done now though, without delay."
    "Alright, if it's that important to you, I will honor your request. I trust you understand the gift may again be requested in the future?"

Josh only nodded he understood.

q8Qc1ez.png
    "Daddy? Momma? What's going on? Why are you doing this?"

Neither one of Josee's parents could speak to answer her as the magic inside them was pulled from their souls with the powerful spell.

ooI93CY.png
    Jessah materialized right at the moment both Essa and Josh began to rise and spin in a magic vortex of power, spinning them as the Sages gathered all that had made them Spellcasters.

"Mom, Gramps, Morgyn, Dad? What are you doing?"
    "They're having their powers removed. Mom and Dad don't want to be Spellcasters anymore."
    "What!? Why?"
    "I don't know."

XfWWVfU.png
    Essa had a moment of sadness as she felt the magic leave her, knowing she would never feel that power again. Spellcasting would always be in her blood though as she was born with it. The magic could never be completed removed, but it didn't matter. Once she became a vampire again, she would never be able to fully take back her birthright and be one of the most powerful Spellcasters in the land once more.

zBZhUdd.png
    Unbeknownst to her, not understanding why his daughter was doing this, Simeon did not simply dispel her magic as would normally happen. Rather, he took her power through his wand and into his soul to keep it safe if she would ever change her mind.

D2wCibt.png
    "Jessah, my darling girl. I'm sorry, I could not speak during the spell. It's so good to see you again so soon. I'm glad you're here."
    "It's okay, I understand. But I don't understand why you and Dad don't want to be Spellcasters anymore."
    "We'll explain, I promise."
    "Thank you Morgyn."
    "You are welcome, even though I'm very concerned as to why it was needed."

52zqNPR.png
    Hugs were shared all around until Jessah couldn't stand it anymore.
    "Okay, okay, enough hugs, we get it, you love us, we love you. Now, what's going on? You're starting to scare me now that something is seriously wrong."
    "It is serious, but don't worry, neither one of us is in any danger Sweetheart."
    "Let's go inside and find L. and your sister, we'll explain everything, alright?"
    "Fine, good, glad you're not in danger at least."

fWtOIxU.png
    Everyone gathered in the dining room to hear what Essa and Josh had to say. Essa shared how they were getting older and she'd been thinking about their options for a long time. She explained each one and why they had ultimately chosen to become vampires, which would allow them to be young again and live forever.

RerIvsm.png
    "I am surprised you agreed to become a vampire again Josh, considering the torment and pain you went through with that horrible woman. Also, you do realize as long as you are a vampire, you can not enter the Realm, correct? The portal will not allow it. Essa, Jessah, Josee and any others born of her line are the only ones with vampire blood in their veins allowed since they were born with Essa's spellcaster genes."

BS9xPqG.png
    Before Josh could speak, Morgyn said, "I am surprised as well. However, Simeon I'm certain Josh remembers he may become a spellcaster in the future if it is his wish. He and Essa always have that option, as you are well aware."
    "Ah yes, of course."

xmrOGSZ.png
    Essa shared how becoming Spellcasters again could never be for either one of them ever again once they were vampires and the reason why. The room became silent as their family absorbed what she had just told them.

"It wasn't an easy decision, giving up my birthright to practice magic. I've been a spellcaster since the moment I was born and have been practicing for decades, our children are spellcasters, as are all our grandchildren. However, I am also half vampire and have this incredible opportunity to be young again, forever, spending eternity with the man I love. It's what we both want, I hope you can respect that even if you can not understand."

QJvokN0.png
    "Is being young again that important? Are you both that vain? You could still spend eternity together. So what if you're elders. Look at you, look at him, you both still look somewhat young and certainly don't act like elders. Why give up your birthright to be a monster, even if a young and beautiful monster?"
    "That's enough L. Not all vampires are monsters that attack and feed from others. I think you've forgotten that fact."

"Dad's right and we won't be doing that. There are many other ways for vampires to sustain life without hunting and attacking. If that were the only way, do you really think we would be doing this?"

mXEg1vL.png
    "And Mom, please don't take this the wrong way, but I have to say it. Don't you do a glamour to keep yourself looking young? If we are honest with ourselves, most people are vain. Who wouldn't want to really be young again instead of the need to use a spell? Most spells don't last. You're an adult now, but once you're officially an elder, you can't do glamor spells anymore. I know, I've tried. I don't think it's allowed. Besides, it's not about that, not really, but I won't lie, it did help in our decision."

ixFKq1K.png
    "Alright, well I guess you're both determined to go through with this and nothing I say or anyone else says will change your minds. I should get back to my students." L. said with her fists clenched in anger as she walked away.
    "I should go as well. Please do not hesitate to find my whereabouts before you depart so that we may say goodbye."

KbixWTF.png
    Essa jumped up from her seat and chased after L., the woman who raised her as her own before she was taken away by her real Mother. The woman who loved her, taught and trained her, had always been there when she needed her. Essa felt awful for what she said to her. Even if it was the truth.
    "Wait, Mom, please don't go like this! I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

7a4lkfK.png
    "I'll admit you hit a nerve, but everything you said was the truth. I just don't like to hear it. I try to ignore the fact I'm getting older, I am vain. Sages live longer than normal Spellcasters, but, it's coming soon. I don't like to be reminded. I know that's not the real reason you are doing this, it's about love and holding on to it as long as you can. I'll tell you something my dear. If your Father and I had the choice you and Josh do? Well, I really don't know what I would do, but I can understand somewhat your reasonings. Not fully, but.."

VPoRyJd.png
    "It's enough. I love you Mom!"
    "I love you too dear. You will not be a stranger after this will you? That would break my heart."
    "No, I promise I'll come visit you as often as I can. And you can visit us too, please? I know Josh would miss all of you terribly if you didn't. He loves you too."

e0Qkskq.png
    "Yes, she's right, I do love you, I would miss you and it would break my heart too. You are a wonderful woman L., the only real Mother Essa's ever known. You're brave, courageous, playful and a smartbutt. I've always loved that about you."

I8LuIaQ.png
    "You better take care of her after I'm gone or I'll come back to haunt you handsome. And since you'll be living forever, you'll have to deal with me forever, I'll make your eternal life so miserable you'll wish you could die! So don't let me down, got it dear?"
    "Whoa! Should've added feisty to that list."

BESXeq9.png
    "I got it. Don't worry Mom, I love Essa, she's the best part of me, I'll spend eternity making sure she's the happiest woman in all the worlds. I've loved her since the moment I looked into those beautiful eyes and saw the beauty of her soul shining in them. She loves me too, and always has. I'll spend eternity making sure I continue to be worthy of that love too. She's my Beautiful, my Essa, my star. A shining star that I'll make sure shine's bright for all to see, forever. Okay?"

p8DyoMz.png
    "Wow, I knew you loved her, but, wow. I wish I could get Simmie dear to say something like that about me. I know he loves me, but the man needs a nudge sometimes. You could teach him a thing or two Honey. Okay, I believe you."

kYkekBq.png
    "Now come here and give your Mom a hug. I have a feeling we won't be seeing you two for awhile."
    "You're probably right. As much as we've done during our lives so far, there's a lot of things we haven't and I'm looking forward to doing them, together. We're excited Mom, I hope you can be just a little excited for us too."
    "I'll try Honey, I'll try. I love you both. If you need me, just call."

"We will, goodbye for now Mom. We love you and we'll see you soon."

mtm6kbq.png
    Goodbye Magic Realm, I'll miss you so much! But I'll be back again in March with Cale for more magical adventures!
    edited December 2021
    Update 360 - The Garden Fair

A2w2Ysp.jpg
    Wanted to let Jules have a ride on the adorable bike that comes with this pack, and was kind of disappointed to see that she had to wear a helmet. It definitely ruins the aesthetic haha. I know safety first and all that, but I wish there was an option for them not to wear it :D

Anyway, onto the fair. So apparently there are two separate fairs for garden items - the garden one is for regular crops and the oversized fair is for oversized crops. Luckily, Jules did have some high quality harvestables in her inventory so she was able to submit a dragon fruit.
    IObwyHO.jpg

She also submitted the blueberry pie she made earlier in the day.
    DmcNlKH.png

Essa submitted some noxious elderberries too.
    UxSPg7B.jpg

Not really sure who this random child is and why we were privy to their thoughts, but this entertained me :joy: Poor Essa.
    t2VXP2E.png
    BKIYdTO.jpg

Malcolm yet again spawned as an annoyed judge :D
    ksICsMf.jpg

His mood improved though once he started showing off his dance moves.
    OKo8h7y.jpg

Spotted Damon at the bar too. Definitely a good play session for spotting familiar sims!
    NnsEPgm.jpg

These little mushroom stools that spawned were so cute too!
    7GnGIWm.jpg

And Jules won first place for her dragon fruit, thus finishing up the aspiration!
    8N6Qz0r.png

I played into the next day as well since I wanted to celebrate Robin's birthday in this update as well. Tomorrow will be a special day where I focus on Jules and properly saying goodbye to her. So bittersweet.

But anyway...
    vSa58u7.jpg
    MgEu9Wz.png

I do love that sims nearby will autonomously celebrate.
    C0ymBla.jpg

Lol, she looks like one of the sims possessed by the mother plant :D
    hUNUxBj.jpg

Looking good so far...
    q0jcAUK.jpg

And I changed her outfit so I could properly see her face before popping into CAS. She's so cute <3
    H5lvueW.jpg

And here she is post makeover. Added a skin overlay, freckles, and eyelashes but that was it. This girl got some good genetics :) She is wearing the necklace that Jules has worn for most of this challenge, so I'm making it part of the story that Jules gifted it to her for her birthday.
    L813gec.png?1

Back view of her hair style.
    dcXx2pd.png?1

And here's her mermaid form, since she's finally old enough to have a proper one. I'm going to leave this occult life state for her for now, which I'll discuss more in her intro post for next year's challenge.
    e2lFvSn.png?1

Hope everyone is having a great day!
    *Updated my December 29th post above! I'll post comments/replies next. Today's update will come later tonight. I hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
    @SoulGal7
    Aww, so cute seeing that little chick hatch! I missed the golden hen hatching, it was just there the next time they went to tend the animals. Both chicks will stay chicks now I guess. Ah well... Congrats to Sakura on her book nominated for an award! Go Sakura! Such sweet pics of Wolfgang showing affection to his flock and nice they gave Sakura some blackberry jam! Very nice they came upon Melody in the Brambles. :) Michael Bell is such a lovely Sim, I really like him and I love his house and gardens. So sweet Michael said Sakura was special, she is! Loved what Wolfgang said about that too. <3

Such a romantic spot for a swim. I love those waterfalls and the kiss in the water animation is just wonderful. Love your sweet couple. :) The lot by the Falls with Princess Cordelia's cottage is my favorite. What a wonderful day for these two. HoB is so beautiful eh?

@Elluepelluellu
    Gah! Two of my favorite hunky vamps! Whoa, aren't you moving a bit fast Melody talking about marriage already with Johnny? o.O I get she just wants to move on with her life thinking her 'dream' wasn't real, but Wow!. Uh oh, Veera almost spilled the beans about how shocked Malcom was when he found out about her family. Good thing (or bad?) that Inna was there to jump in and change the subject to something else.

hehe That 'make a move' animation always cracks me up! It looks like they are praying at their food. Aww man, poor Melody. Too bad she has that food weakness. Okay, extremely curious what is down there. Hmmm... hehe Love the sequence with Nik making his entrance as a bat. He loves doing that in my game too! :) Ah, Melody's hibernation is coming up. O.O Who is HIM and how can he help them? Love how mysterious you have made this month, love, love, love it! That sure is a spooky looking place Veera and Inna are at, and that basement. Don't know if I would go down there. But hey, I'm not a vampire, they are, so it's all good. I think? hehe

@permanentrose
    Congrats on getting all of Robin's aspirations complete. That pie looks delicious. Oh man, she's still obsessed with that soccer ball. hehe

Oh no! I hope your parents just have a mild case and recover quickly! I hope you don't have it too! Get lots of sleep and take vitamins! It will help, seriously! I'll be thinking about your parents, and you. Thanks about the party and your comments about how they've progressed over the year. It's incredible how much has happened since my little girl, 'Tessa' found herself dropped on an empty lot in a strange town and soon met the man of her dreams. I swear I'm in tears every time I play them now. I'll treasure the memories of this year forever. <3

Great shot of Jules on her country bike! I love those! Oh geez, Essa shows up everywhere in your game. hehe Noxious Elderberries? Why would you think that's a good entry Essa? Not surprised some random girl insulted it. Oh boy, have you ever seen that puppet of a grumpy old man? That's what Malcom looks like in that screenshot. hehe At least he's having fun!

Congrats to Jules for winning first place with her Dragonfruit and for finishing the aspiration! Woo Hoo! Happy Birthday Robin, you look mahvelous dahling! :) Seriously, very cute! I like the idea of passing down the necklace to her as well. Forgot she was a mermaid. Cool you'll be keeping her one. Love her mermaid look. Can't wait to read your intro post for her in the 2022 challenge edition!

This took a bit longer than planned, had to take a break to make and eat dinner. Headed out to play for today's update and continue updating my save for next year. Happy New Year's Eve Eve everyone!
    edited December 2021
    December: Henford-on-Bagley - The Days Pass

sakura-singing-to-a-fox-and-they-are-singing-to-her.png
    The Finchwick Fair was coming up and Wolfgang and Sakura were very busy working on various activities. (I actually have them working on aspirations).

taking-a-selfie-with-his-lettuce.png

Wolfgang was working on his gardening skill, and even grew an oversized lettuce. He was ready to take on the competition at the next Oversized Crop Festival. (Yes, Wolfgang is an elder in the photo and he is still a hunk!)

wolf-maxed-gardening.png
    botanist-aspiration-complete.png

While doing this, he maxed the gardening skill, and achieved the Freelance Botanist Aspiration.

LOOKS-LIKE-SHE-WILL-ENTER-AN-AUBERGINE.png

Sakura, too, had grown an oversized aubergine. So, she will probably enter that at the Fair.

The problem was that the next Finchwick Fair was the Chicken Fair, so they decided to ensure that their chickens were very happy.

In fact, both Wolfgang and Sakura decided to create their own friendly animal treats.

WOLF-MAKING-ANIMAL-TREATS.png

Sakura got an idea that they should knit some cute outfits for their competing chickens. And while doing that, Wolfgang maxed out his knitting skill.

sakura-knitting-an-animal-outfit-for-her-chicken.png
    wolf-knitting-10.png

They wanted the best chickens possible, and, Wolfgang decided that his favorite chicken, Sassy would compete. Sakura decided that she would enter Colonel Sanders in the competition. Sakura thought it would be a good idea for Kyra, Riki and Hana to enter, too, so they were going to enter some eggs.

the-two-show-birds.png

Here are Sassy (right) and Colonel Sanders strutting their stuff wearing their knitted outfits.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

AGATHA-YOUVE-BEEN-SO-GOOD-TO-US-WED-LIKE-TO-HELP-WITH-SOME-ERRANDS.png

They went to town during the week, and Sakura and Wolfgang visited Agatha at the Garden Stall. They wanted to pay her back for all the help she had given them, so Wolfgang offered to help Agatha with some errands. Of course Agatha was thrilled that her favorite sim was going to help her out! And it looks like she wants to test Wolfgang's gardening skill. Ha! Little does she know!

WOLF-HELPS-AGATHA.png
    AUBERGINE-TO-AGATHA.png

Sakura, as well, helped Agatha with some errands, and found out some interesting things about her. She found out that Agatha belonged to The Order of the Gnomes, and wanted Sakura to get some gnome gossip. Sakura found a gnome, and got the low-down.

SAKURA-CHATTING-WITH-A-GNOME.png

GNOME-REPORT-SAKURA.png

in-the-shed-we-go.png

Oh my! Was this gnome spying on Essa and Josh?...

Or maybe it was Jules and Emmett?...

revised-jules-and-meeett.png

...or...maybe even Melody and Malcolm...

get-in-here.png

The second thing that Sakura found out was that if Agatha had her choice of another career, she would be a matchmaker, and she asked Sakura to find some single sims in town and to let Agatha know who they were.
    agatha-and-matchmaking.png

TALKING-TO-JENNY-IN-TOWN.png

While Sakura was asking sims if they were single or not, she met a sim named Dwayne Meyer. He seemed rather pleasant and as Sakura was chatting with him, Jenny Proserpin just happened to stop by and joined them. Well, Jenny and Dwayne hit it off right away...and as Jenny headed off, Sakura asked Dwayne what he thought about Jenny, and this was his response!
    a-love-match-for-jenny.png

Talk about love at first sight! Well, Sakura decided to do some matchmaking of her own, and talked up Jenny to Dwayne and decided to hook them up. It was now up to Jenny and Dwayne.
    MATCHMAKING-SIMS-AGATHA.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura spotted Wolfgang in the square, and headed over to chat with him and tell him about Jenny and Dwayne.

Wolfgang: "Sakura, so now you're a part-time matchmaker?"

Sakura: "Well, not really, they certainly hit it off, and Jenny is so sweet. She deserves some happiness in her life."

Wolfgang: "You know what is sweet?"

Sakura looked up at Wolfgang: "Well, I could name a few things, but knowing you, it's probably some new sweet dessert that you've discovered at the pub..."

Wolfgang arched his eyebrows, "Well, that does sound tempting...but I was thinking of something sweeter," he said as he kissed her on the lips. And, oh my gosh...yikes...there is Agnes Crumplebottom sitting right there beside the kissing Wolfgang and Sakura. Well, maybe everything is alright because Agnes seems to be smiling at them...

aand-she-is-smiling-at-the-two-of-them.png

wolfgang-and-sakura-right-in-front-of-agnes.png

...Well...she was smiling...but now she has this sour look on her face. Oh...but wait a minute...Agnes got up and started swinging her purse at Wolfgang! Say what?

i-think-wolf-is-going-to-get-a-bag-beating.png

Agnes: "You masher! Don't you know that Sakura is a married woman? How dare you kiss her! This is a public area! Have you no sense of decency? We have standards in this town you know! Don't worry, dear, I am going to get him for you! Take that!" she said as she swung her purse high and hit Wolfgang on the head.

what-the-beck.png

Sakura: "Agnes! Stop! That IS my husband...that is Wolfgang..."

you-accosted-this-sweet-girl.png

Agnes was too intent on bashing poor Wolfgang before she realized what Sakura was saying.

Agnes: "What? This IS your husband? Oh...dear...well, pardon me, Wolfgang, I was just trying to protect your wife's virtue. You know sims can't be too careful now-a-days with all these lecherous townies around. It's just not proper for all these sims to be canoodling in public..."

oh-wolfgang-i-am-so-sorry.png

Wolfgang rubbed his head where Agnes had whacked him with her purse, "The only sim I want to canoodle with is my wife, Sakura..."

crumplebottomed.png

Agnes: "Oh mercy! Well, if you must do that, please remember to do that in private...in your own house...with the blinds pulled down...my word...and it's not even Saturday night...I never...oh I am getting a bit hot..."

Sakura:"Oh Agnes, perhaps I should run to the well and wet a cloth for you to cool your face..."

history-of-the-well.png

Agnes: "Well, that is nice of you dear, but the well is dry...I really must be going..."

And just then Sakura got a call from the school about Riki. {I have never had this pop-up before and thought it was rather funny. Sakura chose the middle one.)

when-your-hungry.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura and Wolfgang walked to the Gnome's Arms Pub, as Wolfgang needed a drink after that purse beat-down by Agnes. When they reached the pub, Wolfgang pulled Sakura towards him, "Do you think it's safe to kiss you here?"

SAKURA-YOU-LOOK-QUITE-FETCHING-TONIGHT.png

Sakura laughed, "I'm sorry Wolfgang. I didn't see Agnes sitting there. You know, a long time ago, she lost her husband on her honeymoon in a drowning accident, and since then, well..it changed her. She just can’t stand any romantic gestures by anyone and quickly intervenes to end them."

Wolfgang nodded his head, "That's pretty sad. Maybe with your new matchmaking skills, you could match Agnes up with someone. I am sure that the townsfolk would be grateful. I know I would be..."he said rubbing his head again.

CHATTING-AT-THE-PUB-WITH-CECELIA.png

Cecelia Kang, who was sitting at the bar, chimed in.

Cecelia: "Er...excuse me? Are you a matchmaker? Because I could use some matchmaking myself...except not with Michael Bell...that sim is the worst date ever!"

Sakura, Wolfgang and Cecelia chatted some more, and suddenly a meeting of the Knights of the Hedge started. And guess who their newest member is? Melody! (Wolfgang is still a member of this club, as I never had him quit. I am not sure if Melody is really a member, but she just showed up in a knight's outfit autonomously.)

WHO-IS-THE-NEWEST-KNIGHT-MELODY.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,776 Member

Melody Connors

Day 300+

GF8zlEo.png

The one when things start falling apart, part 2

Dating continues (aspiration)
    fKFOF4K.png
    Now at Sulani.
    sOyiz4z.png
    They are acting like in love, but some sparkle is clearly missing.
    lvfVTQv.png
    Essa and Malcolm were there too! playing together :)
    xf1SJMs.png
    That looks nice!
    1AxpXYR.png
    Essa and Malcolm went to swim, while Melody and Johnny were going to do some sunbathing.
    oRkDvnZ.png
    Melody was just relaxing, as a vampire she cannot sunbathe.
    6wczIZ6.png
    jr1AZpm.png
    Malcolm was clearly teaching Essa how to do the best pranks :)
    U7sJ1Lm.png
    XoSgVr4.png
    Malcolm... Johnny will love that..
    VCd1eK6.png
    Melody just smiled, that indeed is the very same Malcolm as in her dream.
    8eim03j.png
    MgEnWH0.png
    Yep.. :joy:
    Wy0wSFk.png
    The way to dudes heart, is thru their belly :p
    tTpoRwR.png
    Johnny did wonder why Melody ate nothing, but she said she had already tasted that sausage dish some local made, and it gave her weird feelings in her belly.
    pXDBlTP.png
    "Johnny is also dating Eliza Waffles!" told Malcolm to Essa.
    "You are lying!" answered Essa.
    "No! I swear!"

YGIuOAI.png
    Back in Hollow.
    V4jjzFt.png
    "There you go!" yelled Melody
    4B3vNOK.png
    "There!! Hey Malcolm said that Johnny is dating Eliza Waffles too!" Essa yelled.
    ZhOSrY5.png
    "Yeah, good one, trying to not see the snowballs!!"
    L0ZxSxw.png
    "There!!"
    tlA1119.png
    89F8NwM.png
    Luv you sis <3

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited January 2022
    December - Day 30: "Eternally Undead Together"

2v2fXlj.png

Notes
    DkIqX6M.png
    "Essa! So good to see you here in the Hollow, it's been a long time. Great party by the way!"
    "Yes it has, but you'll be seeing us here more often very soon and thanks!"
    "Oh? Are you two thinking of moving here or something? Oh, hey Josh."
    "Hey Damon."

"No, but... well, let's have seat and I'll explain. We have something important to ask you, a favor."
    "Oh, okay. You know I'd do anything for you Essa, you too Josh. "
    "Of course."

AF8n5vZ.png
    "So what's this about?"
    "We want to be vampires again and would like you to have the honors. It just makes sense since you were my Master the first time."

gzGgodJ.png
    "Really? Both of you?"
    "Yes, both of us."
    "But, why? "

Essa explained their reasonings, which of course he could fully understand since Molly agreed to be a vampire for the very same reasons, to spend eternity with the only man she'd ever loved by her side.

7QfdHLU.png
    "I get why Essa wants me to be her Master, but Josh, do you really want ME to have such power over you? You could have Nik, Inna, or heck even Greg be your Master."

bHzy8yC.png
    "Are you sure about this?"
    "Yes, of course I'm sure. You've proven yourself to both of us multiple times over the years. Plus, come on, we clearly know by now Molly's the one you love. We trust you Damon. Essa and I have done everything together since the day we met, why should this be any different? You're my very good friend now and I'd be honored to have you for my Master, okay?"

h5KgNCR.png
    "I can't believe this. You have no idea how hearing you say that makes me feel."
    "You're not going to cry are you?"
    "No, I just... *sniff* have something in my eye. But if I did, it's just because I'm so happy right now."

"It's alright Damon, everyone has feelings."

E3d4tQj.png
    "Alright then, are you ready? Do you want me to go over what's going to happen and stuff again?"
    "Yes, I'm ready and no, I remember everything. Let's do this."

8KOiWNp.png
    zMfTgQb.png
    7b3JntM.png
    "What about you? Do you need a refresher?"
    "No, I don't. I don't remember a thing about the first time since I was under a love spell, but I've read what happens and Essa told me. I'm good."
    "Okay then, cool. One last chance to back out. This is forever you know. Be very sure Josh."
    "I'm ready."

Vz53aAx.png
    HP94LAr.png
    Essa and Josh said their goodbyes after Damon went through the process to turn them both into vampires. Back home, they decided to do some stargazing as they waited for the transition. Damon told them it would probably happen that night, much faster than before.

NwvvY2V.png
    True to his word, Essa and Josh were watching a movie when suddenly it was time for Essa to transition. Josh watched her closely since he didn't have any memories of what it was like.
    "Does it hurt? Are you excited? Can you even talk?"
    "YESSSSSSSSSSSS! AHHHHHHHH!"
    *gulp*

z4ueAUg.png
    "Oh my GAWD Babe, it was worse than last time, but so worth it!"

DY8o7C6.png
    "Wow, look at you. You look as young as the day I met you. My Beautiful."

l3uoCz3.png
    There wasn't much time to say anything else since it was suddenly Josh's turn to go through the transition.
    "YES! Go Baby, Go Baby, GO!"
    "AHHHHHHHHHHH! HOLY SH**BALLS!"

0sTG9F3.png
    "Oh Babe, how do you feel? Are you okay?"
    "Not gonna lie, worst pain I've ever felt in my life, but definitely worth it. I'm okay, better than okay. We did it Beautiful!"

mPUkD97.png
    "Look at you. It's incredible isn't it? I feel like I could run a marathon. We're young, rich and can do whatever we want for the rest our...Wow, I almost said the rest of our lives. There is no end to forever. What should we do first?"

Josh just smiled and took her hand...

nCesU32.png
    They say a picture says a thousand words, but how do you describe how it feels when the only one you've ever loved and ever will love softly touches you, looks at you with their heart and soul shining from their eyes for only you?

3MbeeJB.png
    How do you describe what it feels like to know, this person will always and forever be totally and completely devoted to you?

A8HeYwc.png
    There are no words to describe such a love, there never were and there never will be. It's indescribable, yet it speaks volumes with just a touch, a look, a kiss... no words are needed, they never were...

J3ZZj9R.png
    4quewru.png
    And here they are, looking young, beautiful and just the same, perhaps even better than ever before. Congratulations to you both, you did it, you made it! I never doubted it for a minute. I love you both and will miss you. But this isn't goodbye, it's see you later. Have fun! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top