Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims stand for hours not doing anything

VikVik Posts: 125 Member
I been having this bug lately, it's driving me insane, they just stand there for hours doing nothing and I have to reset them all the time. Lately I did get a faster drinking and eating mod and wondering if it could be related. I had other issues too, like the plate getting stuck to toddler's hand.

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    It's probably simulation lag. If it happens with just one household, check to see what could be causing it, maybe your sims are getting stuck on something.

If it happens with all households, try removing some mods from your mod folder to see if the problem is still there.

Here are other suggestions you can try: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Autonomy-and-Simulation-Lag/td-p/6918287
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Maybe they are affected by covid?! It feels like me these unfortunate times! :(
  • PassionerrorPassionerror Posts: 1 New Member
    Same problem here, I only have sims 4 no mods no downloads nothing. And they keep standing still doing and then they pee their pants or pass out or something!!!! Really annoying. Havent touch a sims since sims 2 so I decided to give this one a chance because it was on sale. But this problem annoys me so much.
  • TwelfthDoctor1TwelfthDoctor1 Posts: 31 Member
    > @Passionerror said:
    > Same problem here, I only have sims 4 no mods no downloads nothing. And they keep standing still doing and then they pee their pants or pass out or something!!!! Really annoying. Havent touch a sims since sims 2 so I decided to give this one a chance because it was on sale. But this problem annoys me so much.

If you only have Sims 4 and have Simulation Lag, then it could be due to your hardware. If your computer's memory is 4GB or you core is old (like my MacBook Air that stutters a lot running Sims 4, and did not want to finish loading a world at one time), then it is very likely that you need to get a better system.

But before all this, the most recommended thing is to close all browsers and active applications before running the game, Chrome hogs up the memory and can limit the game from running smoothly.