Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your ideas for a Rental Homes/Vacation Homes Stuff Pack

ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
If we ever got a pack like this, what would you want to be added that would improve your experience on rental lots?
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Something similar to dorms where empty rooms get automatically filled with random Sims on rotation.

I'd also love it if they created a buffet table and they made it possible to have more in house service, nannies, maids and gardeners living in the household the same way Butler's do.

It would also be cool if you could schedule events/festivals in the rental, ie: every friday is disco night, saturdays are kava party, Sunday morning is brunch...
    Happy simming!
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Something like caravan parks where they act as an actual rental lot and I think you could fit this into a little stuff pack maybe. Like you just click on the shell of a caravan and you get teleported inside and there are some new types of objects?
    I think this would also incorporate proper bunk beds and be a bit little Tiny Living but more focused on holidays.
    You could then make some really nice campsite community lots as well.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I think adding a hotel/resort system would make vacations a lot more fun!
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    > @permanentrose said:
    > I think adding a hotel/resort system would make vacations a lot more fun!

Hotels seem like something that has been lacking for a while. I feel like this links as well to just being able to sleep over in a house with other sims etc
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I think if they add a rental system they should allow us to be able to designate apartments in our own builds, not like how it currently is in CityLiving.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I want what we had in TS3 - hotels that work as hotels. I would also like apartments that work like individual dwellings (like a house does now).

And, a world filled with empty lots, but more interesting landscaping than Newcrest, and the ability to add lots to other existing worlds.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Lots of good ideas!

@permanentrose @smilepanda @catmando830 Although I agree that a hotel system is much needed, I don't think its going to fit in a Stuff Pack budget. Please, share smaller/simpler ideas to expand the existing rental lot system! <3
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I think adding a hotel/resort system would make vacations a lot more fun!

Your sims in your signature look so unique!
    @sam123 thanks - I hope unique is a good thing lol. They’re my favorite family to play ❤️
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    @sam123 thanks - I hope unique is a good thing lol. They’re my favorite family to play ❤️

It is a good thing haha, especially the older sim on the right. My sims always look very samey haha.
    sam123 wrote: »

It is a good thing haha, especially the older sim on the right. My sims always look very samey haha.

That’s Carrie - she has CC hair and a CC skin overlay so those help with some unique looks for my game. I’m glad you like them, warms my little sim heart 🥰
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I wouldn't mind if they add a feature where we could rent out a space/room for sims to "vacay" in. Kinds like AirBnB. Your sim puts up an ad and sims will message your sim that they want to rent out your space. You can either accept of deny. The sims will stay for 2-4 days. All you need to provide is a bed and bathroom. They won't hang out on the lot all day though. They'll come check out the space and then be off and come back when it get's late to rest.

That said I'd rather they do an GP that adds hotels and other forms of lodging.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    Lots of good ideas!

@permanentrose @smilepanda @catmando830 Although I agree that a hotel system is much needed, I don't think its going to fit in a Stuff Pack budget. Please, share smaller/simpler ideas to expand the existing rental lot system! <3

I'm sticking with the working hotels and apartments, and after the EP's they ripped us off on with little content, they owe us this one in a stuff pack.
    edited December 2020
    Forgeron wrote: »
    Lots of good ideas!

I'm sticking with the working hotels and apartments, and after the EP's they ripped us off on with little content, they owe us this one in a stuff pack.

I’m also not sure what other small stuff a rental lot would need. You can already edit them in manage worlds mode, and when you have packs like Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Island Living, and Snowy Escape installed, they have plenty of items for furnishing a rental lot that makes them feel very much like a destination rental home. I feel like vacations are really only missing a hotel/resort/condo option. You can even make a souvenir shop using get to work so idk what else a rental specific pack would need
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if they add a feature where we could rent out a space/room for sims to "vacay" in. Kinds like AirBnB. Your sim puts up an ad and sims will message your sim that they want to rent out your space. You can either accept of deny. The sims will stay for 2-4 days. All you need to provide is a bed and bathroom. They won't hang out on the lot all day though. They'll come check out the space and then be off and come back when it get's late to rest.

An air bnb feature sounds cool actually! I feel like having guests stay in a room in your home or your sims staying in someone’s home could add some fun and unpredictable game play options!
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »

@VentusMatt I guess we could have both, stuff packs are probably not going anywhere.
    @permanentrose Maybe an airbnb system + playable hammocks or some other objects that could enhance a vacation... maybe regular gaming consoles for the kids/teens to play... board games, card games... maybe an expansion to "willow creek" and "oasis springs" cultures with Tour guides or books teaching you about it, like the selvadoradian skills... tea kettle/tea pots... toaster... IDK... there's a lot that could be added to me. Of course, a bunch of those could be added in other packs, but they could work it in a way to make it more useful on a rental home.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey folks, I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'ld prefer hotels (or similar) to rentals. Rentals just feel like vacation is about cooking and keeping the house clean, etc... i want a vacation to be a vacation. Having a maid do the hardwork, a buffet table always ready, other people to meet at the lounge...