Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Diffrence between Willow creek and Magnolia Promenade?

I've often heard people refer to these locations. I know that Magnolia Promenade is the park, but some people talk about it like it's a neighborhood. Thanks!
ID: L33tP33tNW
she/her
AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    Magnolia Promenade is a neighborhood! It's the small world included with Get to Work. It has 4 lots and at least one of them was a pre-made retail store I think. You're probably thinking of the park in Willow Creek called Magnolia Blossom Park - a bit confusing, but they are two different places!
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes as Permanentrose mentioned above, Magnolia Promenade is just a ridiculously teeny tiny "world" (I use that term loosely, since there's really no point in it). I never, ever use that world, it's a waste of space.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    What they said above and also (because I came here wanting to answer the question in the title) magnolia promenade has palm trees.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Magnolia Promenade is the Shopping District.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes as Permanentrose mentioned above, Magnolia Promenade is just a ridiculously teeny tiny "world" (I use that term loosely, since there's really no point in it). I never, ever use that world, it's a waste of space.

I use it, in my save file I have the Chez Llama there which is a hot spot so Sims pay a cover charge just to get in the door and request a table. Then I have an upscale bridal boutique that I uploaded from the gallery and a tea room I built for the wealthy ladies who lunch, and finally I have a very fancy hotel I also downloaded from the gallery that has a bar/restaurant, a lounge, a nightclub, a small retail shop, a spa, a pool and I think 8 guest rooms, and in order to make it functional I have KawaiiStacie’s Resorts and Hotels mod. In another save I have a 50’s style diner/malt shop, a bakery called Rye & Breadjudice 😉 (gallery download) I have a shopping mall, and a small electronics store. I figure I paid for it, I may as well use it.

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I use Magnolia Promenade just for restaurants.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    I have two shops and two families living in Magnolia Promenade. I just need more space for my sims to live lol
  • Options
    MillyMilly Posts: 17 Member
    I thought it was a neighbourhood
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Magnolia Blossom Park is the central neighborhood in Willow Creek made to look like a big park, Magnolia Promenade is the small world that came with GTW that’s used for retail. Visually they’re made to look like the same town.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Magnolia Blossom Park is the central neighborhood in Willow Creek made to look like a big park, Magnolia Promenade is the small world that came with GTW that’s used for retail. Visually they’re made to look like the same town.
    They are actually the same town I think, in terms of how the game is built. I learned it from LittleMsSam’s Sul Sul Weather App mod, she said that Magnolia Promenade counts as a district of Willow Creek and that's why they have the same weather.
    I also think that's true for the hospital and police station lots.

• Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    They are actually the same town I think, in terms of how the game is built. I learned it from LittleMsSam’s Sul Sul Weather App mod, she said that Magnolia Promenade counts as a district of Willow Creek and that's why they have the same weather.
    I also think that's true for the hospital and police station lots.
    Actually, that's how the question arose! I was looking at it and I got confused

ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Magnolia Promenade---a useless shopping district where you can purchase the same items in buy mode
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    It may be useless but I've always wanted to challenge myself and make it so that if I wanted to buy a new piece of furnishing, plumbing, or anything really I had to go to a retail shop that sold it. Never have cause that would mean a lot of different retails.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Magnolia Promenade---a useless shopping district where you can purchase the same items in buy mode

Yeah, I’m not into shopping in game. I turned it into more housing.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    edited January 2021
    I usually place a restaurant on the spare lot there. But I do send my sims to the shops there as it's a great place to meet sims and, of course, you can fish for the elusive dragon fruit on the dock.
    Post edited by cornflake88 on
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

I find the stores pretty useless if you're not interested in owning a business. I usually turn it into another residential area, or add a park & restaurant. The fishing area near the steamboat is a good place for fishing up valuable objects like dragon fruits & cowplant berries. Other than that, there's nothing really interesting about it except that random sims often walk by in hot dog or clown suits.
    Gallery ID: LDM2