Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New (?) thought bubbles that could be hints

ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
Since the last patch, I've been noticing thought bubbles that didn't appear as often before. I don't know if it means anything, but it's fun to speculate. I will list them below, let me know if you noticed them as well or if you found different ones !

1) The diaper : I've been seeing this one a lot, several times in a single sim day. Usually, I only see it over pregnant sims. My sims in the screenshots were not pregnant, had no children, had no wishes to have babies, and no aspirations related to family. But they had this thought bubble ALL. THE. TIME. I really think improved babies are coming and I believe this is a hint.
201226103118338084.png
201226103119333940.png

2) The horse : not sure about this one, but I don't remember seeing a thought bubble with a horse before. I might be wrong though.
It happened several times in the past couple weeks, when sims were around cats or dogs especially.
201226103117900922.png

3) Nessie : I saw the Loch Ness monster quite often as well in the past couple of weeks, even when watching videos from game changers (the screenshot is from a Clare Siobhan video). It could be the sea monster from Get Together, but the bubble really striked me, I don't remember seeing it before. Thoughts ?
201226103119518773.png

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Diaper thought bubbles is from Parent Hood gamepack, sims growing up with happy toddler or greater trait will have the bubbles pop up once in a while.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Diaper thought bubbles is from Parent Hood gamepack, sims growing up with happy toddler or greater trait will have the bubbles pop up once in a while.

That was not the case for these sims, and it's not once in a while, more once every 3 sim hour. I play a lot and I'm sure they never appeared as often before. I started seeing this very recently, at the beginning of December I would say. I think it was after the skintone patch. Now, is it a hint or a bug, I don't know.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    I already know all of them and don't see any hints in there.

I'm still very much on the hype train for improved babies and a horses pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Lee12321Lee12321 Posts: 318 Member
    I think a big babies update is coming, it might be worth checking the future cube as sometimes there are hints to new packs/updates on there
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Those are old thought bubbles and not hints, the diaper one is supposed to be if your sim had a happy childhood I think. I get that one with Evie Delgato who I took good care of when growing her up.

What's probably is a hint is how we could wash toddlers in sinks and now we can't because they patched it. Probably because it's supposed to come with an update which could be related to babies.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2020
    Interesting that they were already in the game because I've never once recall seeing any of these 😅😅😅😅 expect the drum thing maybe
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    I know that the diaper isn't new, but I used to see it once in a while only, and not on every sim. Nowadays I see it all the time/on every sim (even those that don't have the happy toddler trait etc). As soon as they wake up they have the diaper bubble. I find this odd, but nevermind it's probably a bug of some sort.
    I agree with you about the sink interaction, that got me excited !
  • OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    Do babies need upgrading, though? The toddlers are the best they ever were in the series, I feel, and it's not like there's much to be done with literal babies, the ones in the crib. I guess some people really want the option to carry them around the house but that by itself wouldn't be a huge update.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Do babies need upgrading, though? The toddlers are the best they ever were in the series, I feel, and it's not like there's much to be done with literal babies, the ones in the crib. I guess some people really want the option to carry them around the house but that by itself wouldn't be a huge update.

It may be bigger than you think. According to something I read by a modder on Tumblr, the Cribs are actually the Baby object, not the baby itself. It's why all cribs have to be overrides because that's the actual baby.

So carrying the baby around may require more coding than it seems.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    I think taking a look at how the babies in The Sims Freeplay are designed is enough of an answer.

They already acknowledged the community desire for better babies a while ago, I'm positive we'll be getting a pretty decent overhaul for babies in 2021.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I think taking a look at how the babies in The Sims Freeplay are designed is enough of an answer.

They already acknowledged the community desire for better babies a while ago, I'm positive we'll be getting a pretty decent overhaul for babies in 2021.

Me too. All they really need are cars, more depth, and an overhaul to babies and we're set. (Also a Generations EP :D)
  • OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

It may be bigger than you think. According to something I read by a modder on Tumblr, the Cribs are actually the Baby object, not the baby itself. It's why all cribs have to be overrides because that's the actual baby.

So carrying the baby around may require more coding than it seems.

I mean, I don't think it wouldn't be much work, quite the opposite, I bet it's a lot of effort. But if they did that and called it "a big update" I feel like a lot of players, especially here, where people are always ready to pick up their pitchforks, would be very vocally disappointed, because they expect something that has more impact on the game.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    And a Rock Band pack. Sims 3 Rock Bands were terrible.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I noticed the increased amount of thought bubbles with the diaper as well. Maybe it's a hint?!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    I noticed the increased amount of thought bubbles with the diaper as well. Maybe it's a hint?!

I hope babies are next and we'll get a trailer next week! so excited!